Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Watching some of the old clips...

Can you imagine the recent scenes if Stephanie were still alive and RM was still cast as Ridge?

Stephanie (arms at her sides, fists clenched, veins popping): "Caroline? Caroline. CAR-O-LINE!!! Ridge? How could you. This happened before. With her AUNT!"

Ridge (hands in steeple position, face expressionless): "Now, motherrrrrrrrrrr....."

I laughed so frigging hard, cuz it's true ;)

The funny thing is: I don't think TIIC would have ever broken Ridge outta the mold of bouncing between Brooke and Taylor if Ronn Moss hadn't quit. Even after Ridge was off the show for months, TIIC kept up with Taylor being obsessed with Brooke and bringing her down well after the latter would have no reason to interfere in the former's life.

But as others have said, it's nice to have a SL that we can all take something different out of. The B&B forum can come off as an echo chamber, and that is by no means an insult to the posting community here--it's a testament to how stale and repetitive the show has become over the years that most of us can see the SLs a mile away. But I can't even guess at how this will all end, or what role Brooke will play in this--or even if she'll be involved in this in any capacity besides a supporting mother to Rick.

I'll be sorely disappointed if B&B doesn't win best soap this year.

• Love 7

I see that Maya is still using the M-word again. What the hell is the matter with her? She is either too young and/or the same age as other people in the family for them to ever consider her their matriarch or as someone to guide them. Bitch, please. 

Rick needs to see a therapist, stat. He is seething and oozing with jealousy of Ridge. And why didn't he move into Brooke's house, where he actually grew up, instead of Ridge's mother's home? He can call Ridge a Marone bastard all he wants, but Rick is just a little Logan bitch. 

• Love 6

She is either too young and/or the same age as other people in the family for them to ever consider her their matriarch or as someone to guide them. Bitch, please.

I'm going to say the writers really don't know what a matriarch is and thus neither does Maya!

• Love 7

I see that Maya is still using the M-word again. What the hell is the matter with her? She is either too young and/or the same age as other people in the family for them to ever consider her their matriarch or as someone to guide them. Bitch, please.

Rick needs to see a therapist, stat. He is seething and oozing with jealousy of Ridge. And why didn't he move into Brooke's house, where he actually grew up, instead of Ridge's mother's home? He can call Ridge a Marone bastard all he wants, but Rick is just a little Logan bitch.

Even if Rick winds up married to Maya, matriarch is not a bestowed tittle. I courteous how Brooke will take this since Stephanie passed the baton to her. Maya can't say Rick without using his tittle. That also shows Maya is more caught up in power and money than her love for Rick. Rick does protest too much in his hate for Ridge clouding his judgement against Caroline. Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 2

Liam's reaction when Ivy told him about the portrait was funny.

His reaction look was priceless. I so want to see him react to being told about every single surprising thing that happens.

Agreed, I've been unable to find a clip of when he walked in on Bill and Quinn together but that was the best reaction ever !

That being said I think Ally's silent look of horror was the best reaction to the portrait.

I heard Rick is going to have a Maya statue built at the entrance to Forrester.

I think there are some Forrester women who might have a thing or two or three to say about that. Not to mention Thorne, who is Eric's oldest biological son. It's as if Maya lives in a vacuum, and doesn't understand that there is a whole extended Forrester family.

Did you just nominate Thorne for the matriarch position ?...... Seconded !

Where's RJ?

I was about to type Who. but then I remembered the child they love so dearly. My guess is he's in boarding school so he can come back in his twenties and tell Ridge and Brooke what great attentive parents they are.

• Love 5

They better make a move and fast, my patience is dwindling.

That's B&B for you!

That said, I thought it was a good show with really good performances today. I'm glad Maya has toned down the smugness, and nothing she said today was untrue.

• Love 6

I have to wonder about the toning down of Maya suddenly. It's like they decided overnight to go to the old Maya. Whatever, I was getting positively sick of the Maya is a Goldigger storyline. Either they are going to have Rick start to fall for her again or have him jump in between Maya and Caroline until the end of time because I am over his torn look at the end of every.single.conversation with everyone and their lawyer Carter. 

I hope the spumor is true about Rick drawing up divorce papers, because that will at least be something.

• Love 3

That was a powerful scene today with Ridge and Rick. However, I'm with the rest of you. Time to move on. Stop playing musical chairs and take a seat. I'll bet the writers are dragging this out until Brooke returns.

• Love 7

That is my pet peeve about this show. Repetition is the standard operating procedure at B&B. I have to wonder if that is for the benefit of foreign (i.e. non-English speaking) audiences and if that is part of the reason for the show's worldwide success.

• Love 1

Taking Maya back to her doe-eyed, "sweet" stage is a big step backwards.  She has been much more interesting as the smug mercenary we've seen the last few months.  I don't care for the character either way but at least her latest incarnation holds my interest and makes me hate her.  The original version was just bland.

Maybe they're 

bringing in her sister to be the "bad" girl, so Maya needs to be the contrast?

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 3

Is anyone else getting tired of the silly, and over-used, helicopter shots that B&B uses? To me, it's nothing more than using up valuable face time and gives the writers a break of having to write at least 3 or 4 minutes less of dialogue.

I had to laugh and think of your post when I watched today's travelogue. It took us from day to night, yet I think all the characters were still back at last Tuesday.

• Love 5

That was a powerful scene today with Ridge and Rick. However, I'm with the rest of you. Time to move on. Stop playing musical chairs and take a seat. I'll bet the writers are dragging this out until Brooke returns.

That wouldn't surprise me (when does KKL return anyhow? ). It's also the result of what happens when show writers put all their eggs in one basket, as they did for most of the 2000s with the vets and Jack Wagner, and then did the same shit for this decade with Princess Hope. Now both are off the show and while this SL is this show's best material in ages, there's nothing else going on to make the stalling for time a bit less obvious.

Back in the day, the stories could move slowly and sometimes would be dropped for weeks before it would start up. TPTB could do that when there were three or four stories going at once, and most of the time I don't miss it because the stuff on my screen is just as entertaining.

I am also very very tired of the shots of LA in any form at the beginning of each scene!  Coming back off commercials is maddening, you think the scene will start but no and then they replay the last sentence of two of the previous scene anyway...how many minutes are they actually filming!!!?  So much worse than it used to be.    

Rick never said that he didn't still love Caroline. He just said that he couldn't trust her and didn't want to be with her. Two different things. This dude is a grown man, and I'm tired of all of these people telling him that he'll lose Caroline forever. Oh well. He made his bed, he can lie in it.

http://youtu.be/HTFRh9AiHyE

• Love 3

I can think of something new and dumb to say everyday why can't they ?

No you can't. ;)

I'm also over everyone whining about Rick losing Caroline FOREVER! Chic's married to him for five seconds and already in love with another man, not to mention that she's a solipsistic little bitch, what a loss!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

I agree with the earlier comments about moving things along! Then again, I am appreciating the slow simmer they have going with Ridge and Caroline. If they go too quickly, it will flame out and be over before we ever get to see anything. I do find it interesting the way they are writing Ridge. I have never seen the character behave this way; Ridge is generally the one telling everyone that it is over. They have been consistent though, with Ridge putting Caroline first, thinking about her before himself; I find that incredibly sexy.

And really Rick? You act like a  mother isn't supposed to support her son. I realize Stephanie was over the top about Ridge, but she was still his mother. You know, like Brooke is your mom, and has enabled and molleycoddled you your entire life? And why the fuck would you hate Ridge because of the way his mother loved him? Rick has some serious issues.

Carter got that stuff right; his most insightful line was "you are involved with a guy who, a few weeks ago, wanted nothing to do with you", he should have followed that with "and wouldn't have ever given you the time of day if his wife hadn't fucked up". I so clearly see what they are setting up here, not that I mind.They tried the whole interloper thing with Wyatt and Quinn, and it didn't work. This however is working overtime; everyone is put out, and everyone can see what is happening. I like that they are involving the Forrester Estate and Stephanie via her portrait. Something tells me Stephanie wouldn't have approved of Maya even if Rick hadn't been married. I think she would see her the same way she always saw Brooke, well at least until the bitter end.

Oh Maya honey, if you have to ask the question............

(when does KKL return anyhow? ).

I read that KKL's first airdate will be the 19th.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 5

No you can't. ;)

I'm also over everyone whining about Rick losing Caroline FOREVER! Chic's married to him for five seconds and already in love with another man, not to mention that she's a solipsistic little bitch, what a loss!

I feel like this to a degree, but more so because everyone acts like Maya is some ogre and Caroline is the pwetty Princess.

• Love 5

I feel like this to a degree, but more so because everyone acts like Maya is some ogre and Caroline is the pwetty Princess.

I mean...... they all need to take a damn seat. Caroline is a self-centred, wretched, mean-spirited, elitist brat with an apparent knack for design. There's only one descriptive word in that sentence that should be even remotely interesting to Rick. Caroline the perfect little pwincess. She's getting the Lana Lang treatment, it makes me want to gauge her eyes out after gauging my ears out. Gah! We get it Bell, you're into blondes, tone it down!

• Love 2

This dude is a grown man, and I'm tired of all of these people telling him that he'll lose Caroline forever. Oh well. He made his bed, he can lie in it.

Rick is allegedly a grown man. Personally all I see is a giant diaper wearing baby. But I do agree that every one needs to shut down the Caroline talk with him. Who cares if he loses Caroline? She's much better off.

Caroline the perfect little pwincess.

I'm hearing plenty of lines from Baby!Rick about how perfect Maya is - how she would never betray him ... blah blah matriarch .. blah blah.

I realize Stephanie was over the top about Ridge, but she was still his mother. You know, like Brooke is your mom, and has enabled and molleycoddled you your entire life? And why the fuck would you hate Ridge because of the way his mother loved him?

Yep Rick continues his march of stupidity.

• Love 7

Caroline 1.0 was also a perfect princess that everyone loved;the huge difference between her and every blonde pristine princess to come after her is that she was a genuinely decent person and also wanted to get out from the sheltered bubble she grew up in.

Caroline 2.0 is just as rich and fought after, and acted like a rank bitch till Rick married her, then fell for someone else in quick order. As mentioned everyone involved can take several seats.

• Love 6

Well Rick is only using Maya to get back at Caroline (that's what's been said over and over)...and it's ONLY Rick saying it. The whole damn cast over the past two weeks have been talking about how much of a loss Caroline would be for him. Hell, Eric even held the job over his head if he didn't stay married to her. And what cracks me up is allllll of this stemmed from her lying and cheating.

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 3

Caroline 1.0 was also a perfect princess that everyone loved;the huge difference between her and every blonde pristine princess to come after her is that she was a genuinely decent person and also wanted to get out from the sheltered bubble she grew up in.

That's true up to a point. I started watching B&B right about the time that Caroline was dying and Taylor was entering the picture. I've been catching up on old episodes and Caroline is stringing Thorne along to the point of actually marrying him, while all the time being in love with Ridge. (I have to say that that triangle was much better played than Hope/Liam/Wyatt.)

IRT today's show, good for Carter for opening Maya's eyes. I say touche' for him. Pricky-boy just can't spit out the words, now can he?

Caroline needs to cut bait and go drop the hook elsewhere. Sure as the minute she finally truly doesn't give a damn about Rick and has moved on with somebody else, he'll go after her. Leave Myrna in the dust.

• Love 4

Why does everyone have their collective Panties in a twist about Rick doing pretty much exactly what his little sister Hope did a few months ago? Choice A disappoints, move to Choice B within a half hour. The only thing keeping Rick from a shipboard spite-marriage is the time it will take to get out of his current marriage. He's using Portrait Gate as a substitute.

And Ridge telling Ricky baby "tell me one more time that you don't want her back, and I'll believe you" ...... Ooh, damn you just got SERVED Baby Ricky!! He gon' git yer gurlllllll!

And Maya? Grande Dame? Someone's been reading Victorian novels or something.

So what happened to Living Room Tub apartment after Maya lived in it for...three days?

Edited by smartyshorts
  • Love 11
And Ridge telling Ricky baby "tell me one more time that you don't want her back, and I'll believe you" ...... Ooh, damn you just got SERVED Baby Ricky!! He gon' git yer gurlllllll!

And this viewer cannot wait. Rick thinks he is hurtin now? Once Caroline cashes it in and moves on, Rick is going to have to open up his little bag of tricks to find the next thing he can do to top what he has already done. But Caroline won't have enough fuck's to give. 

Can you guys view these clips from the CBS YouTube page? Because I can't all of a sudden.

Seems to be working ok for me St3phForrester.

Yeah, I don't understand why they couldn't just shack up over there. Oh, that's right...they had to stick it to everybody, including Maya putting the houseguests in a hotel for her first night of passionate love-making with the soon-to-be Forrester Patriarch.

I just keep picturing the rest of the family returning to the house after Rick and Maya have their "private first night in the main house," and being terrified to sit anywhere.  "Did they do it on this couch?  This chair?  Oh...God...the dining room table???" Because that is the first thing my mind went to when Maya told them about wanting everyone gone for their first night - that she was planning on christening every last room.  

My DVR's description of today says that

Ridge tries to discourage Caroline from attempting to save her marriage.

To that I say, about damn time!  Let's get this party started. 

• Love 6
I just keep picturing the rest of the family returning to the house after Rick and Maya have their "private first night in the main house," and being terrified to sit anywhere.  "Did they do it on this couch?  This chair?  Oh...God...the dining room table???" Because that is the first thing my mind went to when Maya told them about wanting everyone gone for their first night - that she was planning on christening every last room.

That is funny! But I didn't think that at all about Maya's remark; I took it to mean they was gonna be really loud and boisterous. I would rather they had done it on the couch or the table, because the thought of screwing someone in my parent's bed? Oh, just so EWWWW! Narsty I say. 

• Love 3

That is funny! But I didn't think that at all about Maya's remark; I took it to mean they was gonna be really loud and boisterous. I would rather they had done it on the couch or the table, because the thought of screwing someone in my parent's bed? Oh, just so EWWWW! Narsty I say. 

Oh, yeah, definitely.  I don't think there is a single place in my parents' house I could have sex, but their bed would be number one on my "no, never, ever going to happen!  Ever!" list. 

• Love 6

And really Rick? You act like a  mother isn't supposed to support her son. I realize Stephanie was over the top about Ridge, but she was still his mother. You know, like Brooke is your mom, and has enabled and molleycoddled you your entire life? And why the fuck would you hate Ridge because of the way his mother loved him? Rick has some serious issues.

I don't think Rick thinks a mother shouldn't support her son, but not carte blanche the way Stephanie did Ridge all those years, where she never reined him in. Not as an adult and it's pretty clear she let him have his way in all things as a child - thus, the entitled, self-centered man-child we've been treated to all these years. I have to disagree that Brooke enabled and mollycoddled Rick his entire life. Just the fact of her putting Ridge above herself and her own children and taking him back numerous times and having her children, Rick included, in the constant cycle of rejection and hurt, isn't my definition of enabling and mollycoddling. 

I don't blame Rick for being angry at how Stephanie's "raising" of Ridge is a huge factor in his being an ass today. Talk about enabling his every move almost before he made it.

And finally, when Brooke confides to Rick that she "loves him more than any man," listens outside his door while he has sex with a big grin on her face, and orchestrates someone's rape, then we can compare the two women in the same sentence. 

• Love 3

I don't think Rick thinks a mother shouldn't support her son, but not carte blanche the way Stephanie did Ridge all those years, where she never reined him in. Not as an adult and it's pretty clear she let him have his way in all things as a child - thus, the entitled, self-centered man-child we've been treated to all these years. I have to disagree that Brooke enabled and mollycoddled Rick his entire life. Just the fact of her putting Ridge above herself and her own children and taking him back numerous times and having her children, Rick included, in the constant cycle of rejection and hurt, isn't my definition of enabling and mollycoddling.

I don't blame Rick for being angry at how Stephanie's "raising" of Ridge is a huge factor in his being an ass today. Talk about enabling his every move almost before he made it.

And finally, when Brooke confides to Rick that she "loves him more than any man," listens outside his door while he has sex with a big grin on her face, and orchestrates someone's rape, then we can compare the two women in the same sentence.

All of this. I think the closest Brooke and Eric ever got to coddling Rick was when he pretended to still be injured after Ridge accidentally knocked him over the railing and was given the title of VP or whatever BS it was as a consolation prize.

But never could I see Brooke openly favoring Rick over any of her other children the way Stephanie did when her sons were fighting over Caroline 1.0, or any other number of times in the 25 years Steph was on the show.

Also, who has sex in their parents' bed once they're old enough to rent a hotel room?

This frigging show.

• Love 3

Not me!  Though I am glad that this story is finally moving.

What Rick did?  Dick move, for sure.  But if I were Caroline, I might think that he answered the phone to tell me to unequivocally back off.  All he's done for weeks is tell her that he wants nothing to do with her.  He's yelled it, he's cried it, he's said it in measured conversation and she keeps telling him otherwise.  And now, she finally got it.  The only reason I'm on this train of thought is that when Rick panicked and told Maya that he loved her, there was no Music of DeceptionTM playing ominously and we never got the Over The Shoulder Confused Look of IndecisionTM.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 6

But nobody's convinced because he keeps alternating between sobbing and being a total spiteful douchebag.

I didn't say anything about it being convincing, but at some point, you just need to take a person at their word, ya know?

• Love 3

Omigosh, KKL could give a master class in Over The Shoulder Confused Look of Indecision™!

And the one eye of cry.

I really would be perfectly happy if Brooke never showed her face again. Sadly, I won't get my wish.

Sounds like I need to get watching this episode!

• Love 2

So Caroline finally gets that it's over and now, she can get it on with Ridge. 

Enjoy him while you can, sweetheart, because as soon as the shiny newness of you wears off, Ridge will be moving on to the next new thing or, as is his perennial habit, sniffing around Brooke when she returns. Just because he can.

Why Caroline thinks she is going to snag Ridge once and for all is beyond me. Brooke, supposedly the love of his life for nearly three decades, got tossed whenever it suited him, so what makes her think she's some special snowflake, capable of keeping him loyal and faithful and "in love" with her where Brooke, Taylor, Katie, et al, couldn't? 

• Love 2

Carter may be hot, especially his physique that TPTB continuously and shamelessly show off (not that I'm complaining) but a cigar-store Indian has more personality.

Sorry. That's the comparison we've already reserved for Ronn Moss!

• Love 6