Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Now, see, I'm with Rick on that. Ridge was gone for over a year and everything was fine. Caroline's only been on the scene for the past 3 years and Forrester was fine without her. Gianni died almost 20 years ago, but Versace is still going strong, with a whole host of designers. All you need is that name recognition, when Forrester has had for years.

Word. I used to work for AlarmForce where they fired Joel Maitlin...JOEL MAITLIN founder and CEO and AF is still chugging along. Although that does bring to mind that removing Rick is as easy as a unified 'vote of no confidence' from the board which is essentially what happened to good ol' Joel.

Shira I frequent Daytime Royalty and Soap Central. You can find the interview on either one. :)

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

He (Ridge) managed to be macking on Brooke's son's wife while simultaneously cheating on her sister. How is this even possible? 

I see this as Ridge being attracted to his sister-in-law while engaged to someone else.  I'm curious why you see Brooke in the middle of it when she wasn't even on the canvas at the time.  Are they an endgame OTP and all that? 

My main (admittedly few) memories of Brooke were endless scenes of her looking vacantly off into space, while stalling on marrying Bill for some reason or another - oh yeah, because she was mad about him hurting Ridge, which I never saw firsthand.  And with the occasional flashback of her younger self and Deacon.  :-)  

I remember that I was so disappointed in some of my first B&B episodes, because TK/Ridge would barge into Brooke's house once in a while and say something stupid or obnoxious.  And DD/Bill was equally obnoxious and I didn't see chemistry with Brooke and either one of them. Deacon, either, for that matter.  (The only Brooke scenes where I saw any flickers at all were with Eric before she left for Milan.)

That said, I'm kind of looking forward to Brooke coming back at this point.  

• Love 2

So I've watched the bit where Ridge slaps Eric on the shoulder about ten times now and that is a fair slap. I wouldn't mind TK giving me a slap on the shoulder like that. And then maybe one on the ass. Sigh. You guys, these guys are my guys

Linsey Godfrey & Jacob Young were particularly fantastic today in my humble opinion. I might be calling it early, but I feel a little like Rick & Caroline are already the new Eric & Stephanie - yelling at the top of their lungs at each other because they both still love one another. LG's line about how she could just slap Rick had echoes of SF for mine. Maybe I'm just easily impressed, but I loved it.

I don't agree with the suggestions that Caroline's becoming a Hope-esque milquetoast; that to me says that she's rolling over without a fight, whereas I see a lot of passion and desperation in her that wouldn't be there if she was pulling her punches. I think the "badass" Caroline is almost upon us, after one last rejection by Rick - I'll see what happens through the rest of the week, but I don't think she'll spend the rest of her days grovelling. She's done enough already, and I think we'll see her dust herself off in the coming episodes. At least, I hope so.

Well, it might be a while before he got to your place

Because he's gotta stop off at mine first, and I ain't about a rush job.

Why is everyone so convinced that Caroline is in love with Ridge? I think she just had a crush and a sexual attraction, but she's in love with her husband, even if he is a stupid prick.

Because Lindsey Godfrey said she's playing it that way. She said Caroline loves Rick and wants to do right by him but it is more of a puppy love/first love compared to her grown up love for Ridge. She said Ridge's love is the reason Caroline has matured and is behaving like a woman instead of a child in her marriage.

Is this the interview you're talking about, slayer2? This is what she said:

"I think that you have two first loves. You have your first love, and a lot of times, it's when you're kids -- you're a teenager, in high school, and it's your first love, your high school sweetheart. But then you have your real first adult love, and that's different. And I think that Rick was her first love, and Ridge is her first real adult love."

She also went on to say that LG thinks that Ridge "matured" Caroline by making her realise she had "adult" feelings for him. From this I assumed that she meant that Ridge was a love that was deep and all-encompassing: she loves him as a professional (admiration), she loves him physically (attraction), she loves him emotionally (the feelings they shared while designing). Whereas with Rick, she loves him for his confidence and stability, as well as (I assume) being physically attracted to him too, which I think are things we look for in a life partner, which is why she married Rick.

This show has always been very 'Tudorian'. I know, I know none of Henry the VIII's kids were actually his but damned if he knew that.

Funny you say that, Eric & Stephanie dressed up one time as Henry VIII & Catherine of Aragon for Grant Chambers' party in 1997. Just a bit of trivia.

Rick outsmarted [Eric]

It's not hard, let's be honest.
  • Love 9

Another good show yesterday; everyone brought their A game, but JY and LG stole the show. I am so happy to see things are shaking out like I had hoped, but I am unhappy to see Caroline still groveling, and with this desire to "fix" her marriage. However, her totally exasperated, and I am done dealing, scream for everyone to "GET OUT" was awesome, and totally cracked Maya's smirking visage. And I loved Eric's epic smack down of Maya, and all he did was simply ignore her. Hopefully, the entire family will follow suit and treat Maya as what she is; a non-entity. 

Rick is toast. What I saw in his eyes and his demeanor as Caroline poured her heart out, was a man dealing with a hurt so profound that he doesn't know what to do with himself. If I ever had any doubt about how Rick feels about his wife, those doubts were laid to rest yesterday. Rick want's so badly to jump across that desk and grab Caroline, it really is incredible how he is holding himself back. And I hope it stays that way. How Caroline could want this POS back, after all he has done to her, and his family at large, and now FC's, is beyond me. There is simply not enough hot water and Clorox in this world, that could adequately clean Rick up. Just nasty. And disgusting. 

For some reason as I watched Ridge, Eric and Carter "looking for a loophole", I kept seeing some variation of that old Abbot & Costello skit about "Who is on first, What is on second". Ridge should not be willing to help his father at this stage of the game. Eric started this whole mess by tying Rick's business life to his personal life, then he compounded his actions by waxing poetic about how "Rick had behaved so maturely", and saw no problem with signing the "papers". If Eric is still in the dark about his abhorrent son after yesterday's performance, then he shouldn't be making any decisions that effect his extended family. I mean really, the whining, and "Dada can't you see how he is SO mean to me?" And I owe all this to Eric as well; him and Brooke. They have both created this little boy man monster by a lifetime of enabling, and the fact that Eric wasn't the least bit distressed at hearing his grown son pitch a hissy fit speaks volumes. 

I was transfixed as I watched Ridge rubbing Caroline's shoulders; trying to give her comfort. I read spoilers that say 

Caroline finds absolute proof that Rick is trying to sabotage her, and that is the final straw.

I can't wait. Part of me believes that once Caroline accepts that her marriage is over, then she will move on. Of course I want to see her and Ridge, but I have a feeling they are not going to give C/R fans what they want the most, and will move Caroline in another direction, because hooking her up with Ridge would kill any chance of a reconciliation with Rick. 

Really show? Was that Maya flashback/montage an attempt to justify what the character has done? Showing us the street urchin who stole Rick's heart, and OH, the goodness and light of it all? Nah. Rick and Maya were rootable the first time around, and I wanted to see them stay together, but the Maya character has been destroyed for this viewer. A home wrecker, a gossip monger, a liar, a willing accomplice to sabotage, a back stabber, I could go on for days, but I don't think it is necessary. I think Maya is really gonna be hating on life real soon, and if she doesn't want some of what Caroline is getting, she better start reading the "Life with Little Prick" handbook. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

I really wish that they would have brought Kyle Lowder on as someone other than Rick.  He just wasn't any kind of Rick that I knew, not just physically, but his entire demeanor was just so aggressive.  Not to mention that they brought him in singing all the "jams" with Phoebe and Constantine from American Idol.  Ugh.  As a new character, KL could have been involved with Taylor and both of her daughters without the additional squickiness layer of being Phoebe and Steffy's uncle.

• Love 2

I'm glad the show is playing to the actors' particular strengths.  Jacob Young is so-so as a young romantic lead, but he's way better as a villain, he makes it so easy to dislike Rick.  Karla Moseley is a limited actress for sure, in a show with many actors and actresses with profound limitations, but I do admire her choices in underplaying scenes rather than chewing the scenery.  TK is real good at being indignant and no one blithers like McCook, and while I enjoy LG's heartbreaking scenes I cannot wait until she gets past the hurt and gets in touch with her anger.  A vengeful Caroline will be a very interesting Caroline.  The only disappointing aspect to Monday's episode was that Carter didn't change his shirt during the meeting.

I'm also looking forward to the fallout.  How will Caroline's uncle and cousins feel about Rick's machinations?  What will Brooke think about this wedge between her ex and her son?

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 10

Does Rick think Forrestor can survive without Ridge as a designer along with Caroline? I just wonder if Ridge will quit or stay there to spite Rick.

The thing is, nearly everyone has left FC when they had a problem with the CEO. Ridge left over something in 2003; Thorne's walked to Spectra more times than I can count; nearly everyone left Nick N. Sane to his devices as they opened the Forrester boutiques....hell, Rick himself was talking to Nick about working for Jackie M when no one would wrap their head around that abomination that passed for his relationship with Steffy. In fact, the only time no one quit was when Bill bought the company and he threatened to blackball them all if they did.

So, short of that, why would Rick think any of them would stick around? History has shown time and time again that they won't.

• Love 2

Don't forget how badly Rick behaved when he was with Taylor. He didn't like hearing her baby cry and convinced her to get rid of it. There's only room for one baby in Rick's life and that baby is Rick.

]

Taylor could've said no, but the fact that the baby shared evil Logan blood with Brooke was something she couldn't get over. It doesn't excuse Brooke butting in like she did and using the kid as an excuse to talk to Nick, but Taylor doesn't come out smelling like a rose.

That being said, what a lost opportunity to continue the forced drama between them. Little Jack Maroney could've been this show's Phillip Chancellor as Brooke and Taylor compete for his affections. That would've been more bearable than seeing them piss over Ridge yet again or using their daughters and a mentally sick Katie as proxies.

• Love 5

If one isn't allowed to be extremely upset with their spouse for cheating with their brother, when do they get to be upset?

I think Rick has every right to be upset at Caroline's betrayal. My personal problem with Rick's behavior is that he's gone past getting justice for himself into cruel revenge and temper tantrums. A good way to reclaim his dignity would have been to tell Eric to go pound a beach's worth of sand with regards to his inappropriate marriage clause. He could have asked Caroline to GTFO and fired Ridge for inappropriate behavior in the workplace (haha, I know). Taking the high road and being mature wouldn't be as entertaining, I admit. I will definitely validate Rick's feelings of rage and humiliation, but his behavior makes my skin crawl.

I hope that what we're seeing is NOT Rick still being in love with Caroline, because if that's love, ew.

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Love 6

I know that timing is the nature of the beast when working in this medium, but sometimes I do wish that 1 day wouldn't last two weeks.  In that deleted scene, Ivy was talking about seeing Rick at Maya's this week, but we saw that damn near three weeks ago.  So how long has Rick been pulling this con?  8 days, tops.

I think Rick has every right to be upset at Caroline's betrayal. My personal problem with Rick's behavior is that he's gone past getting justice for himself into cruel revenge and temper tantrums. A good way to reclaim his dignity would have been to tell Eric to go pound a beach's worth of sand with regards to his inappropriate marriage clause. He could have asked Caroline to GTFO and fired Ridge for inappropriate behavior in the workplace (haha, I know). Taking the high road and being mature wouldn't be as entertaining, I admit. I will definitely validate Rick's feelings of rage and humiliation, but his behavior makes my skin crawl.

I hope that what we're seeing is NOT Rick still being in love with Caroline, because if that's love, ew.

That is exactly the kind of love he has had modeled for him in Brooke and Ridge and whoever. So, yes I get it. However much he hates Ridge, he is being exactly like him IMO which is ironic and soapy goodness.

Funny you say that, Eric & Stephanie dressed up one time as Henry VIII & Catherine of Aragon for Grant Chambers' party in 1997. Just a bit of trivia.

Nice! I didn't know that! How fitting.

Was that Maya flashback/montage an attempt to justify what the character has done? Showing us the street urchin who stole Rick's heart, and OH, the goodness and light of it all?

Why did you use that term? Because she was homeless? Frankly Maya really hasn't done much of anything yet, especially compared to everyone else on the show (except Ivy who's fresh off the boat) she's committed the least of all offenses. Thus far she's slept with a married man and semi-gloated about it. Hardly a big deal in soap terms or amongst the litany of sins this crew has committed, the most recent of which includes someone trying to talk their babymama off a building.

I think Rick has every right to be upset at Caroline's betrayal. My personal problem with Rick's behavior is that he's gone past getting justice for himself into cruel revenge and temper tantrums. A good way to reclaim his dignity would have been to tell Eric to go pound a beach's worth of sand with regards to his inappropriate marriage clause.

I think what people are forgetting is that Rick WANTS to be CEO and he wants to do it at his family company because that's what he loves. It's not something he wants to walk away from any more than Ridge wants to walk away from designing at Forrester. Why do people expect that he should just walk away from something that he loves? It's not like Caroline is his life. He loves business AND Caroline. Why should he give them both up because his dad is bringing moron back? It's time for the old man to take a break anyway. I think the effect this is having on Caroline is just gravy for him but it's not like he created this elaborate plan to fuck with her, like bannana said it was a business decision. Neither him or Maya were particularly enjoying it and clearly they both suck at deception. Rick admitted that if he had to do it any longer he probably would have broke like a Dixie Chicks record at a Toby Keith concert.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I feel like Rick could have said that his marriage has no bearing on whether or not he becomes CEO. A good businessman is good no matter who he is married to or if he's married at all. He needed to tell Eric that he is a grown man, his marriage is his own concern, and that Eric needed to respect those boundaries. Instead he's gotten what he wants through deceit. I don't particularly care if it was stressful for Rick; he didn't have to play everyone involved. If being married or being part of a power couple was a requirement for the job, well, Ridge definitely doesn't make the grade either, so it's not like Ridge would have an advantage over Rick if Rick decided he wanted a divorce.

Eric being a damn fool and making ridiculous requests isn't Rick's fault, and I do feel bad that he was put in that position. Rick had other options besides either a grand scam or slouching away from what he wanted, imo.

• Love 7

I feel like Rick could have said that his marriage has no bearing on whether or not he becomes CEO. A good businessman is good no matter who he is married to or if he's married at all. He needed to tell Eric that he is a grown man, his marriage is his own concern, and that Eric needed to respect those boundaries

I think he could have said that for sure but Eric wasn't going to listen and the way he loves to pit brothers against each other means Ridge would have gotten CEO by default, just look at what happened to Thorne. I feel like this could be the running line yelled at anyone at any point in any episode "JUST LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO THORNE!" Gah! I want my dude back.

Who's Jack Maroney and what did ever become of Nick?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

I really loved everyone's conversations today.  They felt so real and steeped in history.  Maya's line about Ivy's honesty being bought and paid for was great.  Privilege looking down on the hustle; it happens all the time.  Again, Ivy's beef should be with Rick.  If he didn't want Maya moving stuff into Eric's house, then she wouldn't be moving stuff into Eric's house.  And Ivy's outrage about "not being able to choose who I live with"?  Um...get your own place.  Where did her beauty mark come from?  Has it been covered with make-up this entire time?

Caroline's lioness attitude was pretty great.  I can so respect fighting tooth and nail for your marriage.  I think that Rick laid out his position as eloquently as he ever has and it's completely true.  She created and sustained an environment that allowed him to be caught off guard.  His cutting remarks about Caroline hiking her skirt up for the mailman were so ugly, but they had a rawness and I'm glad that Caroline threw that back in his face.

Ooh, boy.  Eric and Ridge were getting into some deep stuff.  Ridge and Eric were rivals for Stephanie's attention?  Ridge won, so Eric retaliated by going after Ridge's woman and favored that son?  Ridge and Rick can't stand each other and most of that can be squarely placed on Eric's shoulders and it seems like Eric's finally getting a clue.

This show!  I can't believe how good it is!  I'm kind of ready for the talking to be done, though.

• Love 12

Wow, after reading the recap I cannot wait to get home to watch the recording. I'd like to know if the contract said that Rick and Myrna could move into Eric's house and move other people out because that is some serious bullshit there. I don't care what Rick says, if Maya had any class she would not be doing that. Get your own fucking house, preferably one with your name on the ownership papers so when this relationship fails you will have somewhere to live.

• Love 7

I see that now Hope is off-canvas and they've finally given up the airtime that was devoted to her montages with Liam, we're getting the endless loops of L.A. aerial footage.

Speaking of Hope's airtime, I read something interesting on IMDB.  I'm not sure when it was updated last, but according to the entry Kim Matula & Heather Tom were both in the same number of episodes (905).  However, KM's tenure was 2010-2014, while HT's is 2007-2014 (not really counting 2015 since we're barely a week into it).  If this is true, it puts into even more perspective for me how much Hope ate the show.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

Wow, after reading the recap I cannot wait to get home to watch the recording. I'd like to know if the contract said that Rick and Myrna could move into Eric's house and move other people out because that is some serious bullshit there. I don't care what Rick says, if Maya had any class she would not be doing that. Get your own fucking house, preferably one with your name on the ownership papers so when this relationship fails you will have somewhere to live.

I think living in the Forrester Mansion is more important to Maya than PRick or anything else. They are going to need more than Terminex  to get her out.

• Love 5

I think Maya only cares because it represents forward movement with her relationship with Rick.  He's the one that told her they were moving in.  Plus, she said that they were only there while they guesthouse was being renovated.

• Love 1

I think Maya only cares because it represents forward movement with her relationship with Rick.  He's the one that told her they were moving in.  Plus, she said that they were only there while they guesthouse was being renovated.

Agreed. C'mon Maya, hurry up and snap to it and catch onto this dude. Don't waste the pretty girl, Thorne is better looking and far more loyal, although I do find Jacob Young very attractive these days except the false teeth. But aside from that he reminds me of JKJ which will always make someone attractive in my eyes. (I resisted the urge to make *heart* symbols just then)

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

I am simply smacking my lips and rubbing my hands together with glee and anticipation. It is amazing how the simple loss of one character can so alter the canvas of an entire show, but I am now looking forward to every episode, and I have not FF'd through anything but commercials in a long time. Indeed, I find myself saving episodes, and going back and rewatching them.

I thought yesterday was good? Today though, man, but the shit is getting deep in Bell LA.

I don't remember Ridge and Eric being in any competition for Stephanie. Frankly, were she was concerned, there was no one else in the universe but Ridge; this is why I have always maintained that historically, Eric hasn't favored Ridge. It might have seemed that way, but it was really always Stephanie, and since Eric did pretty much everything Steph said, it seemed like he was always cutting Ridge passes too. No, in the early years Eric's favorite was Kristen, who Stephanie was insanley jealous of. I do remember the competition for Brooke though. I have always believed that Eric loved Brooke more, and that his love was pure, and believe that is still manifested in today's world. And there is no doubt in my mind that he has always favored Rick.

I am surprised to find that I am really not liking Eric at all, and he has always been one of my favorites. His actions though, going all the way back to giving Ridge the ultimatum about the CEO spot and Brooke, are really offensive. He is doing the very things he castigated Stephanie for, as well as doing the same thing Rick did, by using FC's as a bargaining tool. Now he has created this huge mess; he clearly heard what Rick had to say, and his only comment is "it is only a year"? Why was he not reminding Rick that the Forrester estate did not belong to him, and he had no right to be evicting anyone? Why was he not in a white hot rage, and telling Rick to shut his mouth? Because as always, everyone needs to understand that Rick has been through so much, and he is the only one who has worked hard, so I have to overlook his behavior. Eric knew Rick would never "man up"; if he was going to do that, he would have done it the day Eric told him to reconcile with Caroline, or lose his job. That was the time Rick needed to man up, and tell Eric that he was an adult and would make his own romance decisions.

If Ronn Moss had been saying that stuff today I would have been throwing rotten tomatoes at my tv, but for some reason when Thorsten Kaye is saying it, it doesn't bother me nearly as much. Same history, but so much less annoying.

Ivy has every reason to be alarmed. I see nothing wrong with her uncle offering her a place to live. She didn't come to the US as a staying guest, but as a short term visitor. Forrester offered her a job, and so I think it is only natural that Eric should extend his hospitality to his brother's child. The same with Ally. Eric enjoys the company, and has remarked about how lonely it is in that big old house.

Maya is such a piece of work! Good grief woman, do you honestly believe that putting on your "sweet" face is going to change what people think of you?

I am so glad to see some spunk in Caroline, although her begging has reached new heights. Even so, I noticed a marked change in her argument in those final scenes today. I am glad that she is now strong enough to point out the differences between what she did, and what Rick has done, and continues to do. I wish the next time Rick starts whining about "how many kisses did you share", and "everytime I touch you, I see you and Ridge kissing", that Caroline would ask Rick how many times he and Maya have fucked, and that would include the public and private affair, and that she would also remind him that everytime she touches him, she see's him fucking Maya. You know, just to keep it real.

And Rick; what a pitiful sack of shit. Cannot even have a proper argument with his wife, because he has to bitch, and moan, and whine. I so want Caroline to cut the cord here, please don't drag this out where she won't give up a divorce. The best revenge for Caroline is to do nothing. Let the little beast man have what he wants. Move forward, and if that path takes you to Ridge, all the better.

• Love 12

The Eric and Ridge conversation was some of the best stuff I've seen in a soap in quite some time because it was 100% real talk.  While I detest Ridge regardless of which actor is playing him, it's undeniable that they couldn't do this sort of stuff with RM.  His Ridge was a cartoon character whereas current Ridge is an actual person, even if they have all of the same character flaws.  My favorite part was when Eric finally did say, "It's only a year."

While Maya was definitely going overboard, Ivy did not come off looking good at all.  When she said, "We're Forresters and you're a wannabe", I just rolled my eyes.  That's the second time she said something like that... something that Steffy would say.  Isn't Ivy supposed to be a better person than Steffy?

• Love 9

Caroline is a good actress but she bares her teeth and clenches her jaw too much!  Nice teeth though!

I noticed that too. It annoyed me today. I think it was to convey anger. 

Also, Ivy is annoying. When does 

Steffy come to occupy her?

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 2

Ivy has every reason to be alarmed. I see nothing wrong with her uncle offering her a place to live. She didn't come to the US as a staying guest, but as a short term visitor. Forrester offered her a job, and so I think it is only natural that Eric should extend his hospitality to his brother's child. The same with Ally. Eric enjoys the company, and has remarked about how lonely it is in that big old house.

I don't think that Ivy shouldn't be alarmed.  Like I said yesterday, if I was Maya, I'd kick her out, too.  But it's like Ivy learned nothing from what just happened.  She thinks Maya is interfering where she shouldn't (in Rick & Caroline's marriage/at Eric's house)?  Go to the person who can actually make a difference.  Call Eric!  Talking to Maya didn't make a difference when they had a secret to keep, why the heck would she listen when everything's out in the open?

• Love 3

This is off topic but to those liking my mention of Dark Shadows:  I've been ordering the DVDs from Netflix and watching it from the very beginning (even before Barnabas arrived).  I used to rush home from school to watch back in the day.  I'm on Collection 11 now (through Episode 603 so far) and I'm loving it like I did back then.  IMHO, it still beats anything on the air today.  Even with its lousy production values.  The mistakes just seem endearing after all this time.  Hard to believe they only shot them a few days ahead of airing.

Today, I got the impression that Rick is still in love with Caroline though if I were Caroline I'd kick him to the curb.  I kiss someone and he has sex with someone and still has the nerve to act like I treated him worse than he's treated me?  I think he (and to a lesser extent Maya) really need to get their comeuppance.  I would probably take someone back that only kissed someone, but once the sex card has been played, they're dead to me.  I might be able to forgive but I'd probably never be able to forget.  Although, I have to admit that I'm probably older and more conservative than most on this board.  The over-the-top humiliation just adds the final nails to his coffin.

• Love 8

I don't think that Ivy shouldn't be alarmed.  Like I said yesterday, if I was Maya, I'd kick her out, too.  But it's like Ivy learned nothing from what just happened.  She thinks Maya is interfering where she shouldn't (in Rick & Caroline's marriage/at Eric's house)?  Go to the person who can actually make a difference.  Call Eric!  Talking to Maya didn't make a difference when they had a secret to keep, why the heck would she listen when everything's out in the open?

Exactly. She is stupid. 

• Love 1

Ivy's side eye and eye rolling today were Everything.

I felt Caroline's heart breaking over and over yet all I could think was, "is Rick really worth all this?"

i suspect that Maya is in for a rude awakening. When it's over, she'll come shattering down to earth.

I hope Rick ends up alone.

• Love 10

Two things in that scene that Kia112 just posted jumped out at me. One was that awesome impersonation of Eric that TK did, and the other is how Thorne's point of view might have affected that argument.

Ridge still kind of looks like he was out partying all night with that guy from the Trivago commercials.

Rick is just a sad little man.

So if Rick and Maya are only in the main house while the guest house is being renovated, wouldn't it make more sense to keep her things in her apartment until the guest house is done and not move everything twice ?  (I hate the whole moving process so that might cloud my judgement)

Does this mean Ivy will now rent the bathtub apartment  ?

What has more DNA in it that bathtub or the steam room at Forrester ?

• Love 9

I don't remember Ridge and Eric being in any competition for Stephanie. Frankly, were she was concerned, there was no one else in the universe but Ridge; this is why I have always maintained that historically, Eric hasn't favored Ridge. It might have seemed that way, but it was really always Stephanie, and since Eric did pretty much everything Steph said, it seemed like he was always cutting Ridge passes too. No, in the early years Eric's favorite was Kristen, who Stephanie was insanley jealous of.

This is exactly what I picked up watching the retro episodes online. Ridge was always her favorite and he commented once that Eric would much rather work with Thorne...but it was clear that Eric had the strongest bond with Kirsten out of four kids because of her passion for designing. But even with that, Eric wouldn't actively pick sides with her if she and Felicia were fighting over a guy like Stephanie did after Caroline had moved on to Thorne.

• Love 2

Today, I got the impression that Rick is still in love with Caroline though if I were Caroline I'd kick him to the curb. I kiss someone and he has sex with someone and still has the nerve to act like I treated him worse than he's treated me? I think he (and to a lesser extent Maya) really need to get their comeuppance. I would probably take someone back that only kissed someone, but once the sex card has been played, they're dead to me. I might be able to forgive but I'd probably never be able to forget. Although, I have to admit that I'm probably older and more conservative than most on this board. The over-the-top humiliation just adds the final nails to his coffin.

IMO Rick last name is Forrester but he is more of a Logan. He is defiantly more like Brooke than Eric. He even has that pensive stare of his mother. If kissing another man's husband is adultery than Brooke and Hope are guilty. All three of them has taking kissing to the next level with seeming impunity.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 1
the sex card has been played

And in this case the sex card wasn't just played, Rick and Maya rubbed it all over Caroline's face. It was quite the overreaction.

Call Eric!

Why bother calling that idiot? He's all, "Well, you kids fight it out. My jet's waiting, see ya!"

It is amazing how the simple loss of one character can so alter the canvas of an entire show

IKR? It's like night and day. I wonder why TPTB ever thought Hope could carry the entire show.

I felt Caroline's heart breaking over and over yet all I could think was, "is Rick really worth all this?"

Yep and one hopes it won't take her too long to decide he's not. Whatever, I'm now  convinced that she's not "in love" with Ridge. She may have had a temporary crush with a bit of lust thrown in but IMO that's it. I don't see her baring her soul and losing all pride with Ridge the way she did with Rick today. Not any time soon anyway.

i suspect that Maya is in for a rude awakening. When it's over, she'll come shattering down to earth.

Maybe but I see Maya as more catlike. She'll land on her feet, shake it off like, "I meant to do that", go off and lick her paws for a bit, and then start planning her next move. And everybody better watch out because she seems to be at good laying in wait and then springing into action. Not everyone has that kind of strategic patience (though it looks like Caroline might).

I'm finally getting the "matriarch" thing with Maya. She thinks being in charge of the family mansion = matriarch. Thing is though, a good housekeeper/personal assistant could do what she was doing today. Rick just gets the added bonus of being able to sleep with her and only has to pay her one salary.

• Love 3

Losing Hope has been the best thing in the world for this show! B&B is  on fire and I never thought I'd ever be this entertained by this show. Confession time: I only started watching the show way back when because my brother was married to Darlene Conley's niece. DC was at the wedding and I remembered her from Y&R, so had to start checking out this show. B&B though has never successfully kept me engaged for the long haul. And certainly with the last 2 - 3 years being all about Hope - ugggh.

But lately? Awesome soapy fun. I loved the Eric/Ridge convo today. I thought Caroline was finally getting tough and standing up for herself at the end of her talk with Rick today. Rick can shut up and go change his diaper. And Maya taking over the house immediately? Get out of here. So Rick is the CEO (did you hear??) and that means he now takes over the house too?!?

Even lame Carter was okay today.

• Love 10

Joimiaroxeu, I love your post! I agree overall about a couple things. Eric is basically like, 'Can I just get on my jet...it's only a year, grow up Ridge!'

I also like that you said that Maya will land on her feet and if Rick decides to go back to Caroline, he better watch out. I hope she doesn't go the way of Morgan...I mean, think of the baby that she will undoubtedly have and ain't no one making her abort it. 

Gods, could Rick have looked any more shattered? Good jobs, all around.

The best part of all of this is that I honestly can't predict where this is headed, a refreshing change for seasoned soap watchers.

• Love 10

Gods, could Rick have looked any more shattered? Good jobs, all around.

The best part of all of this is that I honestly can't predict where this is headed, a refreshing change for seasoned soap watchers.

Exactly this. B&B is more on fire than it's been at any point this decade. I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with Hope and KM being off the show, but not even she has trampled relationships the way Brooke has. For the first time ever, Ridge is in a triangle that has nothing to do with Brooke except for just happening to be Rick's mother and there's been no discussion or rumors yet of her busting up Cridge 2.0. TIIC have been forced to write outside the box they built up, and it's working well.

• Love 8

Oh my God I love John McCook & Thorsten Kaye.

I really loved everyone's conversations today.  They felt so real and steeped in history.

Me too. Patrick Mulcahey is truly the best writer on the staff, hands down.

I see that now Hope is off-canvas and they've finally given up the airtime that was devoted to her montages with Liam, we're getting the endless loops of L.A. aerial footage. Today they showed the L.A. montages after EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK.

For real. And most of it was of the highways? What's the point of that?

He's the one that told her they were moving in.  Plus, she said that they were only there while they guesthouse was being renovated.

From memory, Rick never mentioned renovating the guest-house; I think that's something Maya's decided now that she's the Forrester matriarch. I could be wrong though. Either way, moving your shit into the master bedroom when the master is not actually vacating the premises and without his explicit permission is beyond rude and I ain't about that at all. My girl Ivy was right to protest - right up until she pulled the "real Forrester" card, that is. But everything else she said was pretty well spot on. #TeamAustralia

Scratch Eric getting a clue.

Christ, there's even more stock footage of L.A. in the deleted scenes. Did I mention that I love John McCook & Thorsten Kaye?

Go to the person who can actually make a difference.  Call Eric!

And get Old Passionfingers involved in making even more disasterous knee-jerk decisions? I think we're all better off with him fleeing to Europe.
  • Love 10

Yesterday's show was on fire.

First, Eric with Ridge, where he wasn't buying Ridge's revisionist history. I would have loved to line up Thorne, Kristen, and Felicia in that room to completely refute the he wasn't the favored, golden child BS he attempted to spin. Eric fully realizes this and I think that fact and the ridiculousness of him making Rick CEO contingent on him being a couple with Caroline (when that should not be a factor, his business acumen should be) is making him take a long look and realize how he's sold Rick short because of Ridge. I doubt it will last because no matter what Ridge does, including joining rival Spectra, it has never been enough to unseat him as number one son.

Next, Ivy and Maya. Ivy could barely hold back her contempt of Maya's storming in and taking over the Forrester mansion. And really TPTB, what does Eric signing those papers have to do with this? Yes, he'll be gone but I don't see where he would be in agreement with that once he finds out. I guess to add more drama and have Stepher's portrait turning topsy-turvy?

Finally, Rick and Caroline. 

OMG, the hurt in Rick's face. This is more than just the betrayal of Caroline with another man, but THiS man, Ridge, the man who not only hurt his mother countless times, but also hurt him as a little boy, and his younger sisters and brother with nary a backward glance. Yes, I get that Rick is a grown man and should "get over it," but how does one easily get over a lifetime of hurt, disappointment, and rejection at the hands of a man you looked to as a father? Remember, way back when, Ridge asked Eric to step aside so he could play daddy to Rick and Bridget and all was well until Thombait came along and then it was Rick and Bridget WHO? Rick had to mop up not only his mother's tears and his sister's tears but plenty of tears of his own because as much as I love Brooke, I'm sure she was too busy being a crying heap on the floor after Ridge walked out for the hundredth time to be there for him as she should have been.

And I think Brooke shares in the blame for Rick's baggage as she kept.taking.the.king.of.the.assholes.back. Much like the futility in watching Titanic, she had to know how the story would end.

And Rick watched Ridge repeat his abandonment and rejection tactics with Hope and RJ with nary a backward glance. But Ridge being typical entitled Ridge has never atoned, much less apologized for his actions. He does what he wants, when he wants, and the consequences be damned. This latest stunt with Caroline is no different. Do I think he has actual feelings for Caroline? Maybe, as much as someone like Ridge can care about someone other than himself. But don't tell me that it had as much to do with screwing over "Ricky boy" as it did with true wuv. 

It's pretty clear Caroline was clueless and I would wager to say willfully blind with regard to how Ridge has treated Rick. She may not have known their troubled past but as Rick said, "Did you see how he treats me, of course you have, you used to defend me, back me up right here in this room. But I guess his gaze, was too much and made you forget all of that." She chose to be blind and keep Ridge on the pedestal instead of standing by her husband's side. So her betrayal started long before she ever locked lips with him.

Of all the men she could have chosen, he was the absolute worst possible choice and Caroline knew how Ridge treated Rick and was so swept up in Ridge and the idea of being with him and running FC that she didn't give two shits about her husband. As Rick said, he likely could have forgiven her for kissing someone else - anyone else - but not him. And this was not just a few kisses - it was the secrecy of knowing Ridge's issues - a secret that could have been catastrophic in terms of the company - and lied - yes, lied - to her husband about Ridge's inability to draw. And then the growing feelings and keeping those a secret. they had an emotional affair long before they kissed (and I think many betrayed individuals would argue the emotional affair is far more dangerous) that turned physical with kissing, an act many also consider far more intimate than sex.

Contrast that with Rick's total transparency, his telling her immediately when Maya came on to him in the steam room (which he shut down immediately). Once he committed to Caroline, he never gave Maya another look or thought. 

So, I may be in the minority here, but I don't blame Rick. I don't like that he took up with Maya because she will never fill the void and hurt in him that too many years of rejection at Ridge's hands and how every other woman he has ever loved has wronged him. Two wrongs certainly don't make a right, but he is hurt and angry and lashing out in the wrong way but it's so clear how much he still loves Caroline. It's eating him up inside.

I do believe Caroline still loves him but I think if Ridge crooked his little finger, she'd go running and again, probably in the minority here, but asshole, entitled Ridge cavorting with a woman young enough to be his daughter because he can does nothing for me - I don't care how growl-y voiced he is or how much he smells her hair. And the fact that their relationship on this level started as an affair (and one targeted to screw with Rick) will forever taint them for me. And a word about Caroline feeling Rick is puppy love and Ridge is mature love and how she's a grown up now? Infidelity is nothing but selfish and immature. If anything she's regressed back into the same spoiled girl she was when she arrived. And yes, Rick is being immature as well.

I have to wonder if Rick didn't immediately express that he wanted her back but chose to keep to himself to work through is pain (i.e. not have hooked up with Maya again), would she be this adamant about saving their marriage? Rick doesn't want to be the consolation prize, the "winner" by default. He wants FC on his own merits and a wife who loves him simply for no other reason than he exists on the earth. As he stated, no woman ever gets over Ridge...and he deserves more than that.

I must say that I was somewhat moved by Caroline's speech at the end, about her taking the knocks, being humiliated, Rick's unfaithfulness, being angry and finally understanding that she trespassed on something deep inside of Rick. I even agree that no other woman would stand for the crap he's pulling on her EXCEPT for the fact that she has been, since this entire situation started, making hero-worship or fuck-me eyes at Ridge and feeling entitled to do so. So for me, she's still in the fog of the affair and as such, she doesn't have much leg to stand on where Maya is concerned. She is in love with Ridge for crying out loud and still in the thick of things in that regard. No matter how much she fights or the pretty speeches she makes, I still believe that she would dump Rick in a heartbeat for Ridge and Rick knows it and that's why he's in such pain. 

• Love 4

I hated Caroline's whole speech about how she was like no other woman Rick has ever met. Plenty of women are willing to take verbal abuse and degradation to keep a man; Caroline should not be one of them. The line about hiking up her skirt for the mailman was gross, and I don't give a flying coitus on a rolling pastry if it came from a raw, authentic place of pain. Drown that man pain in your sex tub, ya douchebag.

Ridge and Eric's conversation = gold. I think Ridge was actually amused when Eric added that last "it's only a year."

Maya is trying way too hard to be besties with Ivy, and Ivy is being a flat out snob. It's a big ass house, so it's not like they'll be in each other's pockets.

• Love 6
All I want to know is who is Caroline talking to in the Promo?

"You're so handsome."? That better not be Ridge or I'm gonna bust out laughing. It better not be Rick either or I'm gonna put my fist through the TV screen. I'm betting it's Carter and I just hope he's managed to keep his shirt on when she says it.

Maya has worked hard for this, I bet she has the shapeliest leg and back muscles on the planet.

She's probably been doing her Kegel exercises non-stop too.

• Love 4

I really enjoyed the conversation between Eric and Ridge, too. But I think Eric was oversimplifying and underestimating the connection Caroline and Ridge had. I didn't see Ridge exerting power over Caroline at all. It actually seemed like he was relinquishing power "to" her. I don't remember ever seeing Ridge this vulnerable. And, once again, none of this would be believable if that two-by-four Ronn Moss were still playing Ridge.

• Love 7

All I want to know is who is Caroline talking to in the Promo?

I can only hope it is Ridge.

Ugh. It probably is. It's not a matter of subjective good looks, but it's such a ridiculous statement and Caroline looks like a fawning teenager gushing those words. (So much for mature love.) It just doesn't seem like something NuRidge would eat up; seems like he'd be uncomfortable. Now I could see this perfectly being said to RM's Ridge. He'd sit there with that bemused expression on his face and just bask in the admiration. LOL!

I'm perfectly comfortable with Ivy's throwing "the true Forresters" in Maya's face. That two-bit gold-digger needs to take several seats. I can't stand Steffy, but I can't wait for her to sink her teeth into that one.

Rick's such a crybaby. He did look just like Brooke in those scenes with his eyes welled up with tears, except he allowed them to slip of of both eyes. I don't understand Caroline. If she is in love with Ridge, then this is her out. Dump that balling jackass and go be with Ridge. I fear she's going to be in for a rude awakening, especially when Brooke returns, but live and learn. I think it would be just desserts if Caroline and Ridge came into work every day all happy and going about their business. Can you see how bewildered and disappointed Rick and Maya would be?

• Love 4
I didn't see Ridge exerting power over Caroline at all. It actually seemed like he was relinquishing power "to" her.

This!

I don't remember ever seeing Ridge this vulnerable.

I don't remember ever seeing Ridge vulnerable at all. Except when he was sick, or hurt, or in the hospital. But when it comes to women? I can't remember a time.

And, once again, none of this would be believable if that two-by-four Ronn Moss were still playing Ridge.

Have no doubt, if RM was playing this with Caroline? I would be yelling at her to run back to Rick as fast as she could. 

• Love 5

Both Ridge and Rick need to get the hell over themselves, this isn't even about Caroline anymore.  Its about two spoiled, coddled, immature men who cannot own their own actions and betrayals and continually blame others, break promises and lash out when life gets a little too complicated and ugly.

Rick has certainly done a variation of everything he accuses Ridge of doing.  Let's not forget Rick stealing of FC designs and giving them to Spectra or his treatment of Phoebe, Taylor and Steffy.  "I own her ass".  His treatment of both Caroline and Maya the first time around certainly wasn't true romance.  If Rick could forgive anything but Caroline kissing Ridge, then why didn't he forgive Maya for kissing Carter?  Rick also seems to forget that there were numerous times that Brooke supported him over Ridge even to the point of breaking off her engagement to Ridge after Australia.

And Ridge to once and for all, understand what an example his waffling between Brooke and Taylor set for all of his children and stepchildren.  I'd even argue that seeing both of their mothers accept that set the stage for both Hope and Steffy to act like idiots over Liam.  Rick is correct when he says that a woman never gets over Ridge Forrester.  However, it is because he doesn't let them.  Ridge has also done the exact same thing as Eric making it a competition between his families.

Since Bradley is promising a new storyline for Brooke, I'd like to see her come back and put both Rick and Ridge on full-tilt blast.  Calling both of them on their ish while owning hers.  Let her somehow take over FC and fire both of them while telling each that it is long, past time shut up and grow up.

I'd also like a purple unicorn while we're at it...

Edited by LuLu123
  • Love 11