Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 minutes ago, MsTree said:

So, that's why she left? I had no idea. What was in her contract? If you can't answer here, could you post some inside info on AW's forum?

She left Another World to star on its spin-off Texas (same character Iris).  Texas didn't last long and she left before the show ended.  Beverly McKinsey was Alex on Guiding Light.  The work environment and writing took a turn for the worse and she said good-bye.  She had the option in her contract to leave or renew every six months.

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

but there's still time for Hope's European guy to show up - Ridge certainly could bring him over to butt in.  

It could turn out that Hope is also on the rebound, and she could dump Liam to be with European guy.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Stuffy famous last words, I WAS going to TELL you.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she has always been about to tell him things he should know, but damn it someone always tells him first!  I am throwing something at my TV next time she says this, OMG new dialog please, stop the recycling!    I would love for them to just talk real to each other:

Steffy: Hope stop trying to come between me and Liam

Hope: Bitch please, you F'd your Father in-law after you upset Liam gave Sally a kiss when they were about to die

Steffy: That is the only thing you ever bring up, get over it

Hope: YOU F'd Your Father in-Law you skank ass bitch!  ohhh but wait, it's not your fault, Liam kissed Sally first........   

I hate them.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

It could turn out that Hope is also on the rebound, and she could dump Liam to be with European guy.

I would give the show some props if they pulled this out. Make Liam the rebound because she got burned by another guy. And Ridge being the one to find him and bring him over to help his daughter's marriage (interference ala Quinn) would be a hoot.

• Love 7
(edited)
46 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I would give the show some props if they pulled this out. Make Liam the rebound because she got burned by another guy. And Ridge being the one to find him and bring him over to help his daughter's marriage (interference ala Quinn) would be a hoot.

It would.  The writers don't have the patience or imagination to hit all the notes in the storylines anymore.  The complex SLs that were Stephanie/Eric/Beth, Caroline/Ridge/Thorne/Brooke, that ended in Ridge/Caroline and Eric/Brooke which then morphed into Taylor/Ridge/Brooke/Eric took time to develop and play out.  Erica Kane didn't end up being married over 10 times by staying in the same lame love triangle for 30 years.

What should happen is Liam runs back to Hope, then does his usual waffle and goes back to Steffy, finds out about Taylor shooting Bill and runs back to Hope, by this point European guy is in town, Hope choses Euro guy, Liam runs back to Steffy to be told that the baby is Bill's and Steffy and Bill are together.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, grisgris said:

I don't know if it's fear of the unknown, stubbornness or laziness

Probably a little of all 3.

14 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Stuffy famous last words, I WAS going to TELL you.  

In her "so just get over it already!" tone.

12 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Will Liam tell Hope he was about to reconcile with Steffy, but found out Steffy met with Bill so now Liam is all Hope's for the next two seconds.

The pathetic thing is, Hope would most likely be fine with it.

9 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

3 month telenovella format

I've never seen a telenovela, what does this mean?  Do they have storylines that come to a conclusion after 3 months, then switch up storylines? And characters?  

6 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

22 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

What should happen is Liam runs back to Hope, then does his usual waffle and goes back to Steffy, finds out about Taylor shooting Bill and runs back to Hope, by this point European guy is in town, Hope choses Euro guy, Liam runs back to Steffy to be told that the baby is Bill's and Steffy and Bill are together.

@TigerLynx, that's just plain old mean, you bring up some exciting things that should happen but never will!  Liam getting dumped for a change would make my day!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I've never seen a telenovela, what does this mean?  Do they have storylines that come to a conclusion after 3 months, then switch up storylines? And characters?  

Yep, pretty much. Back in the day (and some shows still do this) the Head Writer and EP would sit down and hash out a 1-3 year long story centered on a group of characters. In recent years they've culled it down to probably a 6 mos-18 mos longish story due to actor contracts and the need to pivot when stories aren't going well.  The best example would be Port Charles when they adopted themed storylines (Vampires, Witches, Angels) that were like traditional telenovellas where they had a beginning, middle and then ended only instead of Port Charles ending, they just started a new story with the same characters.

In B&B's case they seem to be doing the same thing with their lead characters in a 3 monthish long story arc that may or may not build on each other and lead into a connecting story arc for a character. These arcs have a complete beginning, middle, and end to the story. For example Queric was basically a August - October story of Eric and Quinn's relationship being exposed, Eric battling his family, marrying Quinn, having the heart attack/stroke, Quinn fighting for her place and ultimately the family more or less accepting them with the exception of lone wolf Ridge. We got them all coming together for Thanksgiving/Christmas. The next arc was of Ridge trying to undermine Quinn but actually falling in love with her while trying to keep Brooke in his back pocket. For Katie it was her cozying up to Eric and trying to expose Quinn, Quinn being stalked and Katie being framed with the culmination being the reveal that Sheila was the one behind Quinn's attacks. Katie was dropped out of the story and into a story with Wyatt while Sheila battled Quinn in the next arc for that side of the story.

It allows for them to move on to supposedly fresh story and keep things moving except B&B is falling into imbalance due to a few things; not balancing the 'off' cycle for frontburning characters like Liam AND playing him in the same stories we've seen him in before. So Liam was front and center Jan-March, he for all intents should've been rested in April with a few pop ups now in May but his story not really pick back up until say end of June so he's back front for the summer. They basically did this with him last year as he was MIA after the wedding in March and popped up here and there until July/August when he was back and in full force by September through the end of the year.

Instead with the exception of maybe a week, he's been on Jan through April and counting with no solid 'B' story to counter (Wyatt, Katie, and Thorne were like a week of air time max) so it's like he's been on double time; Ridge and Brooke's wedding still had a lot of Liam/Steffy mixed in so we never got a reprieve of Steam over everything. The balance could've been Liam leaves town end of Feb to clear his head with Wyatt/Katie/Thorne getting a longer take; Steffy having to go it alone in the first half of her pregnancy, and Hope back with her new man/husband which may also play into the Wyatt/Katie/Thorne story. Give those players a good two months and then Liam returns with a new attitude for Wyatt and Katie's engagement party; he's signed the divorce papers; he's changed his name back to Cooper; he's gotten his own apartment and he's a bit peripheral in story until things kick up with the baby's due date and he's then back in full force in story of his becoming a father and having to juggle that responsibility with co-parenting with Steffy and Bill's interference.

Basically, the show is off-balance because even if ti's doing the 3 month arcs, it's doing with with the same people, repeating the same stories, and offering no B story alternative to help cleanse the palate from Steam/Still/Lope/Heffy.

I will say that maybe Heather Tom hasn't been prominent because she's been off directing tv movies and stuff so she may have asked for time off and may be getting back to a story with Wyatt once they think of one. I feel like the basic story from them would be the kid issue. He wants a kid but she's got health issues and is older. Maybe she gets unexpectedly pregnant. Wyatt wasn't around for when Will was conceive and born nor the postpartum that Katie suffered, right? This is where Bill has a wobbly leg to stand on where he can relate to Wyatt all Katie went through and how in many ways having Will was the beginning of the end of their marriage as Katie's PPD broke them both. Bill could also be on alert that if he suspects she's suffering like that again he will not hesitate to take Will away and given Katie's issues, this worries both Wyatt and Katie.  That's a huge story for them - her worry she'll go through that again with another baby, Wyatt realizing that he does want a child but may not be able to have it with the woman he loves. OR  Wyatt finds out he has a child with an old love and this threatens Katie because she can see he's drawn to the child and the woman and she tries to have a child only for there to be complications.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

The best example would be Port Charles when they adopted themed storylines (Vampires, Witches, Angels) that were like traditional telenovellas where they had a beginning, middle and then ended only instead of Port Charles ending, they just started a new story with the same characters.

That kind of reminds me of the soaps I watched in the 80s.  They'd build up to a big murder mystery storyline that would take quite a while to resolve, then it would be resolved and start building up to some new drama.  I remember the letdown feeling I always had once a storyline was resolved, but TPTB managed to have a slow (sometimes too slow IMO) buildup to something good.  THAT is the thing I miss most about how soaps used to be.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

That kind of reminds me of the soaps I watched in the 80s.  They'd build up to a big murder mystery storyline that would take quite a while to resolve, then it would be resolved and start building up to some new drama.  I remember the letdown feeling I always had once a storyline was resolved, but TPTB managed to have a slow (sometimes too slow IMO) buildup to something good.  THAT is the thing I miss most about how soaps used to be.

Aside from the fact that the writers and producers in charge of soaps now don't seem to care all that much about the genre or the fans, I think they also go for the quick shock and awe moments, but then don't really have the follow up thought out.

That's why we get Brooke finding out about Ridge/Quinn, dumping Ridge, running to Bill, only to go back to Ridge.  Or Taylor being the one who shot Bill because Ridge told Taylor Bill raped Steffy, or maybe Taylor is just psycho.  The follow up to that will be Taylor gets all better after a few weeks in therapy, and then I have no doubt Taylor and Brooke will have a fight at some point because in what way shape or form does Taylor shooting Bill because of Ridge's lie about something that was set in motion because Bill had sex with his son's wife have to do with the should have been dead years ago Taylor/Brooke rivalry - NOTHING - but that won't stop Bell from having Taylor/Brooke fight.  {face palm}

Here's how Breacon should have happened.  At one point, Brooke was doing everything she could to keep Amber away from Rick, and Thorne was worried about it.  He thought Brooke was becoming to much like Stephanie.  Brooke/Thorne have a fight about it, and Thorne walks out.  Stephanie stops by to gloat.  Brooke decides to accept Amber, and get rid of Deacon.  She goes to see Deacon and tries to buy him off.  One thing leads to another, and they have sex.  Thorne returns to Brooke a few days later telling her he shouldn't have just left like that, they need to work things out.  Unknown to anyone else, Deacon has started sneaking around with Bridget.  They eventually get married.  This way Brooke had sex with Deacon before he was ever married to Bridget, and Brooke doesn't stab her daughter in the back.

• Love 4

Our house Stuffy?  You bought the house, you arranged the financing, and did Liam sign on the bottom line?  Stuffy, did you ever consider that Liam didn't want to live there?  

Ok, Stuffy finally tells Liam that Taylor shot Bill but it was weeks too late.  Stuffy only told Liam because she had to, not because she wanted to.  Liam is right. Stuffy keeps secrets and even if nothing happened, in Bill's office, this time, he is basing a decision on past Stuffy indiscretions.  Liam is also right about Bill in that he will hold Taylor over Stuffy's head forever. 

I'm convinced that Stuffy wanted to play hide the salami, with Bill, as much as he wanted to.  It looked pretty passionate to me and there was no Caroline freak out in the afterglow. 

• Love 9

Who is this person to be paired with? One of the interns?

Last week the show introduced the intern Emma, and apparently that was going to be a short-term role, but Bradley Bell upped her to contract status.  So...

As nice as it will be to introduce some new characters, I think we need some new interesting adults who can, you know, actually act with plots that are intriguing with perhaps some mystery attached. More boring youngsters aren’t interesting to me because the ones they’ve had in the past few years have been so boring and just awful actors. In addition, I don’t think the target audience for soaps are young people. It’s us older folks who grew up watching soaps who have kept these sorry shows alive. 

• Love 3

Oh, those last scenes of today's show were a thing of beauty. The only thing was, JMW should have really "cried like Kerrigan" with her, "W-H--H-Y???" wail. Poor thing still couldn't shed a tear.

I had to watch that over and over because SC was so good.  I could really feel his frustration and "had it up to here." So, Hauxdi finally revealed that Taylor shot Bill. And ... she wasn't even completely truthful. Taylor didn't fly back to L.A. to "apologize to Bill." She heard that Sludge had been imprisoned for the crime and was ready to beat a path to the jail to clear his name. I think that she just stopped by Bill's to gloat and harangue him further. I am not even sure if she would have confessed but she was so shocked and confused to learn the truth that Swill was consensual that she got rattled, snapped then confessed.

The sexy times set-up in Bill's office didn't really seem to register with Liam. He was so angry about Steffy keeping another secret from him about her mother, then willingly going to see Bill.

Best line when Steffy was sputtering to explain that she hugged Bill out of gratitude:

Liam: "You're grateful that he's letting you pay him money?"  Ha! Ha! Ha!

I wish that somebody would shoot Sludge. He was downright mean to Hope again today after she was told that Liam was going back to Steffy. What she said to Ridge was 100% the truth and was being told as she spoke. Wait until he finds out about Taylor, meeting Bill, etc.  I am sure he will have some excuse for his little princess that will somehow cast blame on Hope.

• Love 7
(edited)

So what happens when Wyatt confronts Steffy with what he thinks he knows? Bill seems to be relying hard on people not comparing notes and figuring out that he played them all.

Steffy: Liam, I love you and I want you to know everything. Never mind that I don't tell you everything until I get backed into a corner.

Why didn't Liam just tell Steffy he "knew" she'd slept with Bill last night? He probably wouldn't believe her protestations but at least she'd know they'd been set up.

It's a sure waste of time given what's already been in the soap media but I wish Hope would tell Liam to go eff himself. How humiliating for her to find out from third parties that he was going back to Steffy. When he comes knocking again how can she not feel like the consolation prize?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why didn't Liam just tell Steffy he "knew" she'd slept with Bill last night? He probably wouldn't believe her protestations but at least she'd know they'd been set up.

The same reason they had him be (rightfully) pissed about seeing Wyatt cuddling Steffy in his bed but instead of confronting them both tight then and there so that the 'misunderstanding' could be straightened out somewhat, Liam's blind ignorant anger would propel him into telling everyone he was done with everything so when he went MIA he'd be at Quinn's mercy.

In this case he'll run to Hope and do something impulsive or be vulnerable to another situation. 

The writers don't play fair. Or write these pairings with any maturity. He has plenty reason to be mad that Steffy kept the truth about Taylor from him, but trusted Bill. Them having sex isn't the real issue. It's Steffy turning to Bill rather than her husband. 

• Love 6
(edited)

In fairness to Steffy... yeah I know... she didn’t really turn to Bill or trust Bill with this secret. She really was between a rock and a hard place. Taylor outright told Bill that she was the one that shot him and even had another go. Steffy just happened to walk in on the situation. If she had found out first then confided in Bill then sure, feed her to the wolves, but she really didn’t have too many options. 

In hindsight she probably could have and should have told Liam, but I’m sure you can understand her point of view with really trying to minimise the amount of people that knew about it. If Liam has a right to know then surely so does Thomas and Ridge to an extent. Of course the situation with Liam is a little different given the trust issues particularly regarding Bill.

Like others have said, the writers just don’t seem to show any respect to the actors or the viewers.  Did Liam have reason to be pissed. Sure. liam himself said all the cards were on the table but then doesn’t tell her what he thinks he knows and how he thinks he knows it. If they actually talked like real people- mature people- it would have become as clear as day that there was something else going on that neither of them was privy to. 

Steffy sure has made mistakes, but since that night everything she has done- as stupid and duplicitous as some of it has been, has been with the intent to win back Liam’s trust. She may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but with parents and a childhood like hers who can blame her. And with Hope sniffing around she is bound to be a bit more, mmm, erratic. But the intentions were good. 

I don’t think she deserves Liam, but frankly I don’t think anyone is that bad of a person that they deserve him either. Much like everyone likes to talk about just how much Steffy is being made into a victim in this situation, everyone also harps in about Liam’s ‘goodness’ completely ignoring all of the borderline despicable and selfish things he has done and the way he has (and still does) treated Hope and Steffy. 

Edited by Rapscallion
  • Love 8

I think that Taylor should have done the honorable thing and turned herself in. Instead, she has forced Steffy into this blackmail situation. If Taylor truly is in such poor mental shape and she and Steffy elude to, maybe a judge would give her some kind of leniency and make her go to treatment instead of jail. Throw in some community service for good measure. Since  plowing into Darla was deemed an "accident," that shouldn't be a deciding factor.

Don't get me wrong. I don't feel one bit sorry for any of them.  Throughout her lives, Taylor has positioned herself as this mother superior moral compass who in reality, was a lying hypocrite. Letting her daughter be held hostage is just another good example. And while she doesn't know the full story, it's bad enough that she asked Steffy to lie to her husband with her pleas to not tell anybody beyond Taylor, Steffy and Bill.

• Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, Gam2 said:

As nice as it will be to introduce some new characters, I think we need some new interesting adults who can, you know, actually act with plots that are intriguing with perhaps some mystery attached. More boring youngsters aren’t interesting to me because the ones they’ve had in the past few years have been so boring and just awful actors. In addition, I don’t think the target audience for soaps are young people. It’s us older folks who grew up watching soaps who have kept these sorry shows alive. 

I was just thinking this, GAM2 !!!  

Edited by Valmarmar
spacing
  • Love 2

I had 3 episodes to catch up on. I litterally watched the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes of each show. I'm all caught up now. LOL!!! It's pretty much Bill, Steffy & Liam 24/7. They throw in Brooke and Ridge for good measure. I can't beleive that Brad Bell has kept Rena Sofer on ice this long. I know a happy marriage in daytime kills story potential but since Quinn married Eric she's been road kill. Meanwhile, they brought on an extra and then signed her to contract. I think I saw her yesterday with KKL and the "actress" was horrible. Then I hear there is a new Avant coming. Which is odd because all of the others aren't on contract and the one who is will be going on maternity leave. Simply shocking that B&B didn't win any Emmy's. <sarcasm>

• Love 6
15 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Knowing this show, he will fall in love with Liam or Ridge.

Considering Clifton has clicked far better with his male co-stars than any of his female love interests...I'm okay with this.

Liam can be an equal opportunity waffle :)

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I can't beleive that Brad Bell has kept Rena Sofer on ice this long.

I can. Remember how Lesli Kay got treated after bringing the show's maybe fourth or fifth acting Emmy EVER? She went from a cancer storyline to whining with Thorne in the basement about their patents' 8 millionth divorce and bashing Rick for existing.

I'm so confused about yet another Avant when three of the four are never on and the fourth I expect will see her screentime cut because JY is now at reoccurring status (and God forbid a woman be allowed her own agency separate from a man). But whatever.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Considering Clifton has clicked far better with his male co-stars than any of his female love interests...I'm okay with this.

Liam can be an equal opportunity waffle :)

I can. Remember how Lesli Kay got treated after bringing the show's maybe fourth or fifth acting Emmy EVER? She went from a cancer storyline to whining with Thorne in the basement about their patents' 8 millionth divorce and bashing Rick for existing.

I'm so confused about yet another Avant when three of the four are never on and the fourth I expect will see her screentime cut because JY is now at reoccurring status (and God forbid a woman be allowed her own agency separate from a man). But whatever.

I forgot about JY going on reoccuring. So we have Julius Avant off contract! Vivienne Avant off contract! Nicole Avant off contract, quit or reoccuring! Maya on contract but will be on maternity leave in a few months. Sure! Let's bring in another Avant onto the canvas since the family is front and center.......Not!!!!

• Love 4

Until the writing changes, and so long as Bell thinks he knows better than everyone else, I don't think it will matter what new characters they bring on or old characters they bring back.  It will be the same old same old.

Instead of bringing Hope back ready to reunite with Liam, it should be revealed that Hope got married in Europe.  Hope's husband's family didn't approve of Hope because she's part of the Forrester-Logan clan, and they find them embarrassing and crazy.  Hope's husband comes to town to win her back.

Just when I think Taylor and Brooke couldn't get more pathetic, they prove me wrong.  Taylor's not sorry she shot Bill, she's sorry Ridge got blamed for it.  When Brooke cheated with Ridge when she was married to Eric, and the truth about the letter Stephanie forged was revealed, Brooke wanted to tell Eric everything.  Ridge told Brooke if she told Eric what Stephanie had done, he would end things with Brooke.  So Brooke covered for Stephanie, and what did Ridge do, he married Taylor.  Now Ridge is putting Brooke in the position of choosing him and Steffy over Hope, and fool that she is, Brooke will probably do it.

• Love 4

Ridges new haircut is really starting to bug me.  He's still slimy but he's trying to look like a choir boy.  

Enter the fox.  Is Bill that despite that he couldn't even wait an hour to pounce and Liam couldn't wait an hour to propose to Hope.

• Love 4

I have to admit TK made me laugh with his delivery of the line "Stop hugging his father".

Will Steffy tell Liam that Bill made her sign the annulment papers, or will she continue to act like it was a noble sacrifice ?

I'm mad that 'we wuz robbed' of the scene where Justin put on lipstick and kissed a pillow. :( 

• Love 11

I can’t take an actor or character who calls a grown man Dollar Bill. Evertime Justin says it I want to throw up. Like, dude I know you need a paycheck but tell BB to stick it up his a$$.

• Love 9

This show is ridiculous. Liam proposing to Hope? Please. 

Has RJ exited? I hope. And his Sally Spectra sister girlfriend? This show has gotten so boring. I really have not paid attention to who is on or off the show. Have actually just deleted a few episodes. 

• Love 4

So 20 minutes after Liam tells Ridge so happily that he’s going back to Slutty, he arrives at her house (that she just bought from Bill) to “confront” her about his dad, etc, etc. Twenty minutes after he leaves Slutty’s house, he’s proposing to Hope??!! I know I’ve said this before but I just know that these actors burst out laughing when they get their new scripts. I have whiplash from watching this absolute crap. I have to hand it to SC—he’s doing the very best he can with this shit but I don’t know how he can do this every day. Oh. And every time I see Hope, I want to grab a hair brush and drag in through her stiff looking hair. And then get some scissors to cut that stuff off of her head. The dyed, long, barrell curls are so 2014. Take a note from KKL. She’s done it right for sure.

• Love 4
(edited)

What a cluster fuck this has turned into. For this type of SL to work, you need someone to root for. You need someone to feel empathy for. You need a clear cut villain. Someone who's actions will ultimately unite enemies in their quest to bring the bad guy down. With this mess; I simply have nothing. I can't root for anyone. I can't feel sorry for anyone. And I hate them all. 

BILL

This bullying jerk who has a history of causing pain has truly upped his game. I have no idea why he thinks his actions will win him any points with Steffy. Or does he think they won't eventually figure it out. Bill can say what he wants about this great love he has for Steffy, and I will continue to call him a liar. This is about Liam. And what Liam did to Bill for Sally. Bill may have forgiven Liam, something I find highly questionable, but Bill did not forget. Bill never forgets a slight or a betrayal. Bill may not realize it, this may be the mechanism he has to use to live with himself for destroying his son, and their once loving relationship; but he is not in love with Steffy. There is nothing that will ever convince me a man like Bill Spencer would wait around, put his life on hold, beg and demean himself for five long years for a woman he didn't love. Show can write it however they want cause I watched the shit. Bill has the kind of sick that cannot be fixed. The really bad thing though, is that he is absolutely correct about him and Steffy belonging together. 

LIAM

I feel sorry for Liam that he has suffered so many head traumas. I feel bad for him for what happened at Captive Cabin. I feel sorry for him that his slutty wife fucked his father. But he should have took those annulment papers to the courthouse straightaway. There should have been no dickering about. There was no decision to be made. It took Bill's scheme to make Liam actually see and understand what it would have been like to go back to Steffy. Constantly looking over your shoulder; wondering. Questioning Steffy for every five minutes she is late. Then there is the whole mishmash of feelings. Liam needs to obtain an annulment, go get his head, skull, and brain thoroughly looked at, find a place to hide away for awhile, not the rat infested motel either. Go out and find a small studio or something. Lease Coco's apartment. Most importantly, Liam needs to distance himself for the foreseeable future from anyone with the last name Spencer, Logan or Forrester. What he should absolutely not be doing is getting engaged to Hope. He shouldn't be getting engaged to anyone. He isn't even unmarried yet. And there he is, asking Hope to marry him. 

HOPE

Hope and Liam share history, and I am sure Liam has deep feelings for Hope, but to accept his proposal is beyond stupid. I can't say Liam is rebounding in the traditional sense, but he is rebounding all the same. Where most people who are rebounding have only lost a significant other, Liam has lost pretty much everything. Additionally, he has suffered two serious head traumas within a month of each other on top of the one he had prior to Captive Cabin. In my mind I see Liam as the rock about to be shot out of a slingshot, except he never gets launched, but keeps flying right back to the nook of the slingshot to be launched again. If Hope weren't so hungry, she would tell Liam he needs some time to heal a bit before making such a major decision. She is really no better than Steffy in this need to win Liam. 

RIDGE

Ridge fully expects Brooke to be all in with him and Steffy. Hope is, was, and will always be irrelevant. It doesn't matter that Hope is ten times the person Steffy is. It doesn't matter that his Little Precious is the one who set all the wheels in motion years ago. He overlooks how Bill and Steffy fucked with Hope and Liam, who were a very happy and cute couple until his witch of a daughter starting using her cha cha cha to draw Liam away from Hope. She was a heaux back then and she is a heaux today. But Ridge has too much of his mother in him to be in Hope's camp. If Steffy decided she wanted Liam; so be it. That is who she should have. The means she used to fuck Hope and Liam up didn't matter because Ridge has done the same and much worse in his life. And now, he is going to expect Brooke to choose between him and his spawn, who came from her worst enemy, and her own daughter. 

BROOKE

Brooke was not a Stepford Wife during her short marriage to Bill. She was vibrant, and alive, and we heard her amazing giggle, and saw that special light in her eyes.  Brooke has been looking amazing lately, her wardrobe, makeup, and hair are worlds away from what we had for years. But it all seems so hollow. She always seems on edge about Ridge's mood. And she is always explaining herself for caring about, and supporting, her daughter. And Ridge gives her that look like she isn't being a good girl, and she needs to tell Hope to step off. God, how I hate him. But I hate him the most for making me have not one fuck to give about Brooke. The character I have loved from day one. The character I have supported, defended, excused, admired, and rooted for is heading for a big fall, and I just can't care. Brooke was stupid enough to remarry this clown just months after she caught him kissing his stepmother. She knows who and what Ridge is. 

STEFFY

As a woman I do feel sorry for Steffy that Bill is blackmailing her for her booty. That's where it stops. Steffy doesn't realize that she is the one who laid (pun intended) the groundwork for Liam to not trust her. Her history or lying and manipulating is no secret to him. And while Steffy's lies, be they lies of omission, or outright falsehoods, may not look like much individually; added up they show not a series of one offs, but a pattern. A trend. A penchant for putting herself, and her well being, above everything else by doing whatever it takes to protect herself. So while I should feel really bad for Steffy for what Bill did; I can't. And she is so damn dense she doesn't understand that it is less about the embrace with Bill, and is all about her secrets with him. Steffy and Bill in collusion by keeping Taylor's actions secret. Something that could send both of them to jail too. And going to see Bill about the house, and allowing him to touch her. Maybe if she hadn't built her life on lies and deceptions it would be easier for Liam to see past it. But it is going to be all about Bill; and what he has done. 

Wyatt should tell Bill to go fuck himself. Really? Telling Wyatt he and Katie are gross as he pursues his pregnant daughter-in-law? 

What is going on with Justin? This man has never had a conscious, and was stabbing Liam and Wyatt in the back after Bill was shot. I don't get it

I love roses, and those white ones where gorgeous. Too bad they were wasted like that. 

Bringing on a new Avant? But Rick is gone? I really don't understand. We rarely see Maya anymore, so is he coming on to keep the family on the canvas while she is out? 

Where is Quinn? 

Is the much heralded recast Thorne ever going to do something? 

For fucks sake, how is my beloved Sally going to fit into all this?

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8
(edited)

I see you, Hope, trying not to break out in the happy dance as soon as Liam said Steffy was still doing Bill. But chile, WTF were you wearing?

"Stop fcuking, er, hugging his father!" Too late for the fatherly advice, Ridge.

Ugh, Liam is such a pig. It's mind-boggling how he so quickly and easily shifts gears from one woman to the other, and a marriage proposal is always his ace card. I wish Hope had more self-respect than to keep letting Liam use her as his back-pocket option.

So, basically, Bill offered to buy Steffy. How does she not slap him back into a coma?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5

Well, Bill told Steffy the hard truth that she's always been Liam's second choice. That did not sit well ...

Wyatt coldly blowing Steffy off was epic karma. After the abysmal way she treated him during their marriage (which never should have taken place to begin with), it took hella nerve for her to pick up the phone and ask him to plead her case to Liam.

This is how it always is ... Liam gets all giddy and euphoric about something -- usually unrelated to the woman sitting right in front of him -- and in his elation, he spontaneously proposes. Wow ... a Tesla dealer would love to see that energy coming instead ... just sayin'. Hope is a fool to have accepted so readily. What is wrong with become safe, secure and sane within yourself before seeking it from another person?

• Love 10

Well, I can always rely on B&B being so predictable, I could set my watch to it, if I still had an analog clock anywhere.

what else can be said that hasn’t been said countless times? I registered on TWoP back 12 years ago, when Bridge had reunited on the back of a decent love interest for Brooke being trashed and the biggest leading man was extremely overhyped. In 2018, Bridge was reunited on the back of a decent love interest for Brooke and the biggest leading man is extremely overhyped and unlike Nick, Liam can’t even seem to stand up or make a decision for the best interest of his goddamn soon-to-be daughter.

The guy reminds me of my own biological dad. Went from his mom’s house to his first wife’s house, then found some other woman to shack up with when Wife #1 got rid of his bum ass. He had the nerve to come to my mom, who he’d been sorta still engaged to when he went off to marry wife #1, who didn’t know about me until after the fact, and beg to move in after she got a house. She told him nothing was stopping him from getting an apartment across town by himself, because apartments were still semi affordable in California 25 years ago and tossed him out like Uncle Phil throwing Jazz out the mansion.

Ive asked this rhetorical question before and maybe the board spies might answer this in canon once and for all: Why is Liam Cooper Spencer like this? We know why Ridge was the way he was: he was raised into privilege and his mother made him the clear favorite. But Liam didn’t get hooked into this lifestyle until fairly late in life. He’s had a career independent of Daddy. Given his thirst during Lope 1.0, I’m also assuming he’d had previous relationships. And from the people I’ve met who hightailed it out of LA to live in San Diego, I don’t imagine many women in LA would put up with a poor, broke waffle for very long.

Nick always carried a torch for Brooke to some extent, but in his defense he never once sought after or led her on during his relationship with Taylor the way Fuccboi McWaffle leads Hope around, led Ivy around the nose and would’ve played mealy mouth around Sally if they’d had the balls to go there. I. Would have loved to see Lally if for no other reason than for Liam to lose out resoundingly when Thomas came back.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

Hope is a fool to have accepted so readily. What is wrong with become safe, secure and sane within yourself before seeking it from another person?

I'm totally okay with Hope quickly accepting Liam's proposal regardless of the outcome. It will be nice for a change to see Steffy suffer a dose of her own medicine...or karma, as has been said.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, grisgris said:

Well, Bill told Steffy the hard truth that she's always been Liam's second choice. That did not sit well ...

Wyatt coldly blowing Steffy off was epic karma. After the abysmal way she treated him during their marriage (which never should have taken place to begin with), it took hella nerve for her to pick up the phone and ask him to plead her case to Liam.

This is how it always is ... Liam gets all giddy and euphoric about something -- usually unrelated to the woman sitting right in front of him -- and in his elation, he spontaneously proposes. Wow ... a Tesla dealer would love to see that energy coming instead ... just sayin'. Hope is a fool to have accepted so readily. What is wrong with become safe, secure and sane within yourself before seeking it from another person?

And yet with Bill, she'd also be a second choice - to himself. Bill is dicking around with Steam b/c he's doing what he thinks is right, aka what he wants, instead of showing any kind of decency and backing off to let Steam implode on its own and then he swoops in.

I'm going to look at Liam's spontaneous proposal as another poor choice due to his untreated head injuries. It's karma for Hope because instead of getting him treated, she's manipulated/used it to her advantage and so now she's about to feel the effects going from 'winning' Liam to his annulling the marriage when he wants to go back to Steffy. Taylor needs to confront Hope as an example of her future. She was the good girl for Ridge and he still flopped back to Brooke. She's setting herself up for a lifetime of pain for herself and any children they may have. Break the cycle!

What should happen is Hope comes primping down the aisle and Liam collapses at the altar having a seizure, he's rushed to the hospital where he falls into a coma and is benched for a while.

I will admit, I always thought Hope was the first choice with Steffy the second, but the tables have turned. Liam seems committed to Steffy. He had his out with the affair and was holding firm until he didn't and wanted to go back to her. Hope is most def the rebound chick this go round. Her lure is drama free stability and loyalty which is manna for Liam at the moment. But as it is, Liam's spent more time and investment in Steam and they have a kid on the way so...yeah. He's hitched his wagon to that star.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I will admit, I always thought Hope was the first choice with Steffy the second, but the tables have turned. Liam seems committed to Steffy. He had his out with the affair and was holding firm until he didn't and wanted to go back to her. Hope is most def the rebound chick this go round. Her lure is drama free stability and loyalty which is manna for Liam at the moment. But as it is, Liam's spent more time and investment in Steam and they have a kid on the way so...yeah. He's hitched his wagon to that star.

It's hard to say with the terrible writing, but I don't see that. For the last while Liam has definitely wanted to try and make his marriage work, but it's unclear how much of that is about Steffy versus how much of it is their "family" and just taking the path of least resistance (everyone tells him it's the right thing to do and so he will - spineless idiot that he is). But when it comes to actually recommitting, he can't bring himself to forgive her for banging Bill. It's been annoying, but a fairly consistent pattern. 

And then, of course, they toss all of this away for no reason and have him 100% sure he wants Steffy because... Ridge hypnotized him, maybe? As likely as any other possible explanation. 

Honestly, I wish they were making it clear that Liam really only want Steffy (I can't imagine why anyone would but that's me) but can't let himself trust her again. At least it would be some growth for him. Instead he's the same stupid waffle who makes the same dopey smile at both women and once again loves whichever one happens to be standing in front of him at the moment, and one wife is as good as another so he might as well switch. 

• Love 9

I have always thought that Hope was the one and Steffy was the interloper, that hasn't really changed for me. Liam and Steffy just don't fit, don't suit each other. Other than sex, they have nothing in common at all. But it's a soap so that doesn't really matter. She really is a better fit for Dolla but they are probably too much alike to last besides the whole ick factor. 

• Love 7

When Steffy and Bill were having their little "embrace" in the darkened recesses of the SP building hallways, I thought it looked like a father embracing his frightened, bewildered daughter. Just NO!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, thewhiteowl said:

I have always thought that Hope was the one and Steffy was the interloper, that hasn't really changed for me. Liam and Steffy just don't fit, don't suit each other. Other than sex, they have nothing in common at all. But it's a soap so that doesn't really matter. She really is a better fit for Dolla but they are probably too much alike to last besides the whole ick factor. 

The show is really weird about teasing pairings but never letting them have a marriage and us seeing how things fall apart. I was so excited when Brill finally got together because I wanted to see what a marriage between Brooke and Bill would be like. No more longing or affairs or going back to Katie when she clutched her chest. Just explore what Brill is.

And then they broke them up under the pretense of Brooke finally seeing Bill for the emotionally abusive asshole that he is when it came to his treatment of Liam. Not when he was an ass to her beloved sister, but to Liam.

I would LOVE for Still to finally happen. Let them explore what this relationship is really about. Is it Steffy attracted to a powerful man who is devoted to her in ways she wished her father had been to her? Is it Bill turned on by a woman who 'challenges' him in a fun way and sometimes impresses him? We got CaRidge, I don't see why we can't have Still in full force and all the awkwardness that comes with Still being married and Steffy now Liam and Wyatt's stepmother and Katie as Liam and Wyatt's former step-mother turned sister-in-law and wife with Wyatt stepfather to his half brother and Bill stepfather to his granddaughter. Liam caught between a rock and hard place because he can't cut Bill completely out of his life because he's married to his daughter's mother. Add in Ridge now having to endure Bill as a son-in-law for Steffy's sake and you have all kinds of fraught story.

Steam actually had a good run the second time around and the wedge was actually due to their disparate personalities - Liam the bleeding heart siding with Sally who is his wife's 'nemesis' and Steffy the do what it takes schemer being supported and siding with Bill. The kernel of their issues does go to the heart of what we all know should break them up but they muddled the waters by having Hope come back in the picture. How would this all play out without Hope? THAT's the better question.

• Love 6

Yes, they just don't have any ability to follow through and transition stories. Everything is so abrupt and headache inducing.  (You do have to admire the actors' ability to go with the flow.) 

Even though I thought the way they got to Still 2.0 was sleazy, it could have been okay - Steffy finally realizing that Bill was really the one. But using a perfectly fine WTD moment to initiate months of painting Steffy as Bill's victim and then the shooting to nowhere, I would say that's the dumbest way to evolve a storyline except this show would just consider it a challenge.  :-) 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

I'm totally okay with Hope quickly accepting Liam's proposal regardless of the outcome. It will be nice for a change to see Steffy suffer a dose of her own medicine...or karma, as has been said.

Oh, I'm sure no one on this board is shedding any tears over Steffy, but it is sad to see Hope following in the same footsteps as Brooke. Which is more than ironic because she spent her twenties being all but afraid of sex because of the way she was conceived and trying to be the opposite of Brooke. Yet here she is with a stupid waffle that has once again slipped into his pattern of reacting to shit instead of just going for it. And he'll be crying about being wobbed when he realizes he's been set up. Again.

Liam was often compared to Sharon Newman before TIIC finally stopped using bipolar disorder as a plot point. But that's an insult to Sharon, because even she had enough agency to switch at least one of Nick's paternity tests.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Taylor needs to confront Hope as an example of her future. She was the good girl for Ridge and he still flopped back to Brooke. She's setting herself up for a lifetime of pain for herself and any children they may have. Break the cycle!

Except Ridge didn't.  When Ridge and Taylor were first married, and Bridget was thought to be Ridge's daughter, Taylor offered Ridge a divorce, and he didn't take it.  Taylor died, and when Brooke was about to marry James, Ridge decided he wanted Brooke.  When Taylor returned from the dead, there was some back and forth (at which point I really didn't understand why either Taylor or Brooke were wasting time with Ridge).  Ridge and Taylor got married after Taylor told Ridge the truth about Thomas, had the twins, and were married until Taylor died again.  Taylor returned from the dead again, and Ridge went back to waffling.  I wish Taylor had been the better person, told Ridge she didn't want to break up his family with RJ, Hope, and Brooke, and filed for divorce (divorce not annulment).  When it was revealed that Stephanie had faked her heart attack, Ridge still stayed with Taylor.  It took Taylor confessing to having sex with James, for Ridge to leave her.  So Caroline dies, Taylor dies twice and commits adultery, and Ridge finally chooses Brooke.  Then Brooke does the unforgivable, and tells Deacon to stay away from Hope so Ridge leaves her.  The person Ridge loves is Ridge.

13 hours ago, MsTree said:

Steffy may suffer, but Hope also loses.  Either Liam will waffle back to Steffy, or Hope will be stuck with Liam while he contemplates waffling back to Steffy.

6 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

When Hope and Liam were first dating, I would have agreed, but Liam has waffled so many times.  Liam was going to get back together with Steffy.  Liam finding out about Steffy still meeting with Bill, and that Taylor shot Bill is the reason Liam ran to Hope and asked her to marry him.  At this point, who Liam really wants shouldn't matter to Hope or Steffy, they should want more for themselves, but like Taylor and Brooke, they are to pathetic and spineless.

4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

And then they broke them up under the pretense of Brooke finally seeing Bill for the emotionally abusive asshole that he is when it came to his treatment of Liam. Not when he was an ass to her beloved sister, but to Liam.

I would LOVE for Still to finally happen. Let them explore what this relationship is really about. Is it Steffy attracted to a powerful man who is devoted to her in ways she wished her father had been to her? Is it Bill turned on by a woman who 'challenges' him in a fun way and sometimes impresses him? We got CaRidge, I don't see why we can't have Still in full force and all the awkwardness that comes with Still being married and Steffy now Liam and Wyatt's stepmother and Katie as Liam and Wyatt's former step-mother turned sister-in-law and wife with Wyatt stepfather to his half brother and Bill stepfather to his granddaughter. Liam caught between a rock and hard place because he can't cut Bill completely out of his life because he's married to his daughter's mother. Add in Ridge now having to endure Bill as a son-in-law for Steffy's sake and you have all kinds of fraught story.

It would have been hilarious to see Brooke tell Bill, "How dare you cheat on my sister with ME."

They should put Bill and Steffy together, and just do away with all the hypocrisy.  Let Bill and Steffy go along with each other's schemes, and have none of the "I can't believe you did that" nonsense.

1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Oh, I'm sure no one on this board is shedding any tears over Steffy, but it is sad to see Hope following in the same footsteps as Brooke. Which is more than ironic because she spent her twenties being all but afraid of sex because of the way she was conceived and trying to be the opposite of Brooke. Yet here she is with a stupid waffle that has once again slipped into his pattern of reacting to shit instead of just going for it. And he'll be crying about being wobbed when he realizes he's been set up. Again.

This.  If Brooke, Taylor, Steffy or Hope had any self esteem or self respect, they wouldn't keep finding themselves in these situations.

• Love 2

Finally got to Friday's episode.  Not quite sure how to interpret Steffy's blinks. Is she reconsidering Bill's offer or is that a deer in the headlights look?   

I felt more sorry for Liam. At this point I don't believe he's in love with either Hope or Steffy, he just wants to belong somewhere.  It's kind of sad that there's no one who wants what's best for Liam without an ulterior motive of their own.  It makes Bill co-opting Wyatt that much more despicable. 

• Love 1
(edited)

we heard her amazing giggle

I don't know, I heard her giggle plenty when she reunited with Ridge too. And I feel like a woman her age should probably stop giggling like a school girl with her first crush.

Well the ToD drove me away years ago and what happens? We are right back there again. Unbelievable. New Hope was cast and in 5 seconds flat we are in a triangle. This show is just so predictable and bad.

Not quite sure how to interpret Steffy's blinks

SOS?!?

I would LOVE for Still to finally happen. Let them explore what this relationship is really about.

I actually would be all for this. Steffy and Bill together would push quite a bit of storyline and we could maybe escape the Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle ... so there is just no way this will happen.

This show is just mind boggling. I really don't understand how a short while ago the Spectra's were returned, Liam found his backbone and so forth and now we are right back to this tiresome triangle that is as done and boring as Ridge and Brooke reunited.

I won't be watching this again. Nope no way. Everything and every character revolving around a waffle and his 2 enablers. No thank you.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

And I feel like a woman her age should probably stop giggling like a school girl with her first crush.

Sorry, but I cannot agree with that; the day they put a moratorium on giggling due to age is the day they can just put a bullet in me (please don't tell Taylor I said that!). I can only speak for myself, but laughter, humor, and giggling are balms to the soul, and have gotten me through some of the hardest periods of my life. For me, there is nothing like a good case of the giggles, or a hard belly laugh, to wipe away the stress of the day or a painful situation. I cannot imagine my world without them! 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 5