Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

They could do one of those old nighttime soap disaster cliffhangers where everyone is in danger of getting killed only to return the next season and find out only minor characters are dead except B&B actually does kill off several characters who get way to much screen time.

It's amusing how soaps think one person committing a crime is a license for the other characters to start committing crimes, and no one gets held accountable for anything.  If Bill uses Taylor shooting him to get Steffy to marry him, he will be guilty of blackmail/extortion, obstructing justice, and an accessory after the fact to his own shooting (at this point anyone who knows Taylor shot Bill, and doesn't come forward is guilty of obstructing justice and an accessory after the fact), and giving a false statement/lying to the police is also a crime.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I just wish Slutty, Lame, $Bill and Ridge would just disappear off of the face of the planet. I’m so very tired of all of them and hearing them saying the same things over and over and over again. Let’s start all over with a small core of interesting people: Eric, Quinn, Wyatt (maybe) and Sally. And maybe um, um....okay that’s all I can think of right now. 

I’ll toss in Saul.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

They could do one of those old nighttime soap disaster cliffhangers where everyone is in danger of getting killed only to return the next season and find out only minor characters are dead except B&B actually does kill off several characters who get way to much screen time.

Huh, has B&B ever done a mass casualty disaster to cull their cast? I don't think they have. The closest I think was Sheila shooting Taylor and Brooke. The show totally could do something like that with a plane crash of a group of people on their way back from the annual Monte Carlo jaunt. Someone planting a bomb on the runway at a fashion show with everyone in attendance might be a wee bit much.

I'm starting to think Scott Clifton got the shaft the same way KKL did when she told TPTB she wanted no more Ridge/Nick ping pong and they gave her the crappy rape story. SC wins their first best actor daytime Emmy and should have leverage to at least request a respite from the romance drama and what does he get? A building dropped on him, being cuckolded by his own father, dropped into a murder mystery and returned to ToD take 4? I mean he doesn't lack for drama and now gets to play opposite DD as complex enemies but still, this is the best the show could do for him? For us? 

• Love 10

Scott Clifton before CBS was always known for his comedic timing and quirky charm so it's bit weird they have made him Ridge 2.0 and doing this formulatic soap shit and romantic trite angst on repeat. 

On that note the stakes of Stef getting Liam back or taking a leap with Bill have NO investment for me. The second Liam disappoints her she will be in bed with Wyatt, Bill, soras -ed Will. If she settles with Bill the minute Liam gets engaged to Hope or Sally she will be insane with jealousy and trashing Bill and stomping all over Liam and the woman he's with. And Bill will be stalking Brooke again. Where is the suspense? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Huh, has B&B ever done a mass casualty disaster to cull their cast?

B&B has never had the bloat that other shows have, just by nature of being a half-hour show.

Mostly, this show has suffered from being exceedingly insular. After Deacon and Amber were written out and the Spectras' presence was lessened around 05-06, it got very noticeable. Especially after Nick became the new go-to romantic lead for every woman between age 18 and 50.

As the blundering of Spectra 2.0 proves, Bell is just absolutely lazy and has the talent of a fifth grade fanfiction writer. But to the fifth grader's credit, they'd likely add some original characters to the damn canvas at some point.

• Love 4

I never thought I would say this but watching Wyatt and Katie kiss is like a breath of fresh air in which there is a break from all this heavy handed redundant dialogue at least for a few seconds.  

How stupid is Wyatt?  Even a bag of baseballs know what they are being used for.  Bill has a voice that carries, so I don't know how Wyatt didn't overhear Bill and Stuffy's conversation in the hallway. Plus a quickie in Bill's office?  I don't think that Bill is the type that will forego foreplay.  Bill will spend at least 5 minutes making stallion noises. 

Takeout vegetarian dinner?  Where are Pam and Charlie when you need them?  

What happened to Bill's real love, Skye?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 10

What the hell was that in Bill’s office when Wyatt snuck in after Steffy left? I burst out laughing at Wyatt’s confused face over the flowers, candles and whatever that was supposed to be on the pillow. Anvils falling all over the place. And what the hell were Ridge, Brooke, Hope and Liam doing eating take out in the living room. Where did that table come from all of a sudden? Brooke doesn’t have a dining room? Hell, even us poor folk have dining rooms or eat in kitchens. Gaaaahhhh. So much for the fancy dinner Hope was going to make for Liam to welcome him to her mother’s “estate”. I couldn’t even understand her lame excuse about why it was take out. Could this show get any worse? Okay, don’t even try to answer that. At least it gives us something to vomit all over every day. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

What the hell was that in Bill’s office when Wyatt snuck in after Steffy left? I burst out laughing at Wyatt’s confused face over the flowers, candles and whatever that was supposed to be on the pillow. Anvils falling all over the place. And what the hell were Ridge, Brooke, Hope and Liam doing eating take out in the living room. Where did that table come from all of a sudden? Brooke doesn’t have a dining room? Hell, even us poor folk have dining rooms or eat in kitchens. Gaaaahhhh. So much for the fancy dinner Hope was going to make for Liam to welcome him to her mother’s “estate”. I couldn’t even understand her lame excuse about why it was take out. Could this show get any worse? Okay, don’t even try to answer that. At least it gives us something to vomit all over every day. 

Eric's house doesn't have a formal dining room either, but what I found even more strange is that Eric has a guest "house" while Brooke has a guest "cottage" that's is a lot bigger and even has a fire place.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 5
(edited)

So, did Brooke and her guests push eight TV trays together and throw a sheet over them?

Lawdamercy, DD/Bill is one fine, nicely aging man. I can't really blame any woman for letting herself take a ride on that pony. Except for the part where $Bill is more evil than the devil and everyone knows it.

Again with the stupid scarves! Dear TPTB: unless this is a Chekhov's Gun situation (where I dunno, a mysterious crime of passion might be committed with a gifted HFTF scarf) cut it out. You're just looking like oblivious one-percenters with the "let them have scarves!" stuff.

I thought Katie and Wyatt had broken up. Whatever, so apparently while Wyatt was skulking behind the door he didn't hear the part about Taylor shooting Bill? Geez, what good is he? (And right after secksay times there's usually a distinctive aroma in the air. Guess Wyatt's nose is useless too.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I thought Katie and Wyatt had broken up. Whatever, so apparently while Wyatt was skulking behind the door he didn't hear the part about Taylor shooting Bill? Geez, what good is he? (And right after secksay times there's usually a distinctive aroma in the air. Guess Wyatt's nose is useless too.)

If Liam ever takes the Stuffy Haux back, he needs to get a dog.  I've heard several times on various channels over the years (Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science, etc) that the family dog is usually the first one that knows if a husband or wife have been unfaithful.  Seems like the family dog knows what the members of his household pack smell like and any foreign odor will be sniffed out and investigated.

Awww shucks, I'm really liking Liam and Hope.  I just hope she doesn't get her heart ripped to shreds gain.  :-(

• Love 7

This is really getting dumber (and duller) by the day. First of all, since when has $Bill been a flowers and candles "romance" guy? The mere fact that he is gracing you with his presence should be enough. And, yeah, the secret sex den is more his style. Did Justin smear some of Hauxdi's shoe polish hair dye on that throw pillow or something?

Enough. With Liam. It looks like tomorrow he's going to be whining to Sludge about how he is "in love with two women." Uh, like that's going to be a great source of advice. Preaching to the choir is more like it. FFS, HOW can he possibly consider reuniting with Steffy after what she did to him? Not only the physical act of betrayal but all of the aftermath. Why would Lame want to go back for more? That fool should have filed the annulment papers at the courthouse on his way home from Steffy's.

I see we are being set up for "We wuz robbed," Vol. 10. Only this time it will be Haudxi crying the blues when Bill's schemes are exposed.  Yes. Hope will get her heart broken.

The whole HFTF free scarf thing has a taint of "let them eat cake." Wouldn't it make more sense if Hope and Liam just set up a charitable foundation independent of FC? Trying to tie so many social causes to a clothing line seems a wee bit pretentious. They have women empowerment, accessibility, green movement, probably #MeToo, locally sourced fabrics and on and on and on.

• Love 10

Argh I am back to disliking Hope again. When she first came back to town I was really hoping she had grown a pair, and we have had glimpses of it on the occasions she has read Steffy for the filth that she is. 

But then we see her back to her old ‘do no wrong’ self. It is as clear as day that she is going after Liam. She has admitted it herself but then goes on to claim she isn’t trying to pressure him. We all know he is the king of waffling and despite all of Hopes protests, inviting him to live in her families home / property just smacks of ulterior motives.

And the thing is, good luck to her. Steffy didn’t just burn the proverbial bridge that is their marriage, she dropped an atomic bomb on it and can’t seem to understand you can’t go back from that. It’s probably all the years growing up watching Ridge bounce between Brooke and Taylor and all of them partner swapping with anyone and everyone that taints her view on just how big of an issue this is. 

But at the end of the day, Liam is a free agent- at least once he decides to sign the papers. There really is nothing wrong with her going after him. But to continually deny she is and protest is just back to more of the same ol same Ol. “I’m just supporting Liam as a friend. Bla bla bla” Bitch Please!

It’s just old and tiresome like most of the other story lines. 

Rant over. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, grisgris said:

This is really getting dumber (and duller) by the day. First of all, since when has $Bill been a flowers and candles "romance" guy? The mere fact that he is gracing you with his presence should be enough. And, yeah, the secret sex den is more his style. Did Justin smear some of Hauxdi's shoe polish hair dye on that throw pillow or something?

Enough. With Liam. It looks like tomorrow he's going to be whining to Sludge about how he is "in love with two women." Uh, like that's going to be a great source of advice. Preaching to the choir is more like it. FFS, HOW can he possibly consider reuniting with Steffy after what she did to him? Not only the physical act of betrayal but all of the aftermath. Why would Lame want to go back for more? That fool should have filed the annulment papers at the courthouse on his way home from Steffy's.

I see we are being set up for "We wuz robbed," Vol. 10. Only this time it will be Haudxi crying the blues when Bill's schemes are exposed.  Yes. Hope will get her heart broken.

The whole HFTF free scarf thing has a taint of "let them eat cake." Wouldn't it make more sense if Hope and Liam just set up a charitable foundation independent of FC? Trying to tie so many social causes to a clothing line seems a wee bit pretentious. They have women empowerment, accessibility, green movement, probably #MeToo, locally sourced fabrics and on and on and on.

So Bill's plan is to make people think he and Steffy are still screwing?  Why don't they just put Bill and Steffy together?  If would save us from some truly lame schemes, and it would have the added bonus of making Ridge, Liam, and Brooke's heads explode.

Liam is beyond stupid.  Talking to Ridge will accomplish nothing except to confirm how pathetic these two waffling idiots are.

I buy clothes because I like them not because the designer is pushing their social issue.  I would think that might have the possibility of backfiring if you are on the opposite side of whatever they are preaching about especially if they get all self-righteous and judgmental about it.

4 hours ago, Rapscallion said:

Argh I am back to disliking Hope again. When she first came back to town I was really hoping she had grown a pair, and we have had glimpses of it on the occasions she has read Steffy for the filth that she is. 

But then we see her back to her old ‘do no wrong’ self. It is as clear as day that she is going after Liam. She has admitted it herself but then goes on to claim she isn’t trying to pressure him. We all know he is the king of waffling and despite all of Hopes protests, inviting him to live in her families home / property just smacks of ulterior motives.

And the thing is, good luck to her. Steffy didn’t just burn the proverbial bridge that is their marriage, she dropped an atomic bomb on it and can’t seem to understand you can’t go back from that. It’s probably all the years growing up watching Ridge bounce between Brooke and Taylor and all of them partner swapping with anyone and everyone that taints her view on just how big of an issue this is. 

But at the end of the day, Liam is a free agent- at least once he decides to sign the papers. There really is nothing wrong with her going after him. But to continually deny she is and protest is just back to more of the same ol same Ol. “I’m just supporting Liam as a friend. Bla bla bla” Bitch Please!

It’s just old and tiresome like most of the other story lines. 

Rant over. 

Liam, Steffy and Hope are all pathetic.  If Steffy and Hope had any brains, they would take a good long look at their mothers, and realize they don't want to end up like them.  Especially since both Taylor and Brooke had a hell of a lot more going for them than Steffy and Hope do.  Taylor and Brooke had a lot to lose and a long way to fall, and that is exactly what happened.  Two beautiful, intelligent, successful women wasted their lives on a waffling idiot.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't hate Bill; I hate show for making Bill such an evil, wicked reprobate, which by extension makes Steffy a victim. When this shit gets out everyone will be riding the Steffy was blackmailed gravy train. Didn't ya'll see and hear the subtle ultimatums Bill was lobbing at our poor, put upon heroine? I mean, Bill is such a heathen; first he takes advantage of this fragile flower by forcing sex on her, and now he is slowly picking off her delicate petals in his quest to reclaim her pistil. 

I continue to roll my eyes with force cause that shit just doesn't compute. Bill had the best, and he cast her aside for a plastic princess? Yeah, what the fuck ever. 

Family dinner? Where the hell was the family? Isn't that why we have Bridge version 99999999999? But no RJ? No Rick? I really don't care about RJ; unless they decide to recast. But I am quite pissed off about Rick. As Eric and Brooke's first born, he should be on the canvas. But they keep his wife? Eye's are rolling............

Ridge is such a prick. Just had to keep inserting his heaux daughter's name into Hope and Brooke's family dinner. Fucktard. 

Wyatt needs to bone up on his partially open door listening skills. And he knows his dad would not be romancing Steffy like that in the office. Well, maybe he doesn't, but he should. Bill's idea of romance, or foreplay, is to stroke Skye a few times to stimulate the Stallion before mounting his prey. 

Speaking of Skye, where is she and why haven't we heard about building plans? 

I am only supporting Hope and Liam because it gives Steffy lots and lots of butt hurt. But I know in the end Hope is going to be hurt. Really, really, bad. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Eric's house doesn't have a formal dining room

I think it does.  Isn't that where they have Thanksgiving dinner?

11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I thought Katie and Wyatt had broken up.

I thought that they called off the engagement but still saw each other on the sly.

5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I buy clothes because I like them not because the designer is pushing their social issue.  I would think that might have the possibility of backfiring if you are on the opposite side of whatever they are preaching about especially if they get all self-righteous and judgmental about it.

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

But no RJ?

A while back wasn't there some "blink and you missed it" remark that RJ was going back to his boarding school?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, grisgris said:

Exxxxactly. Liam was bitching about putting Spencer Pub and money to good use. He also has a case of the guilts about nearly/wanting/believing he killed his father. He doesn't have blood on his hands, but let him work through some of his issues setting up his OWN charitable foundation to do good deeds with whatever money he has and also financial backers like Katie and Brooke and maybe even Wyatt who is sincere in trying to help Liam move on and supporting him. HftF's scarf tying to ONE social cause...say breast cancer in honor of his mother at least ties it all together in a way where Liam isn't fully linked to Hope for his business ventures and it allows him to open up to mix with other characters. Maybe his next charitable angle would be working with Maya for LGBTQ youths as a make up for his sleazy behavior when the Spencers used Nicole to out her. He could work with Katie on Post Partum Depression in women and with Brooke on recovering alchoholics. Thanksgiving and Christmas has him at the food kitchens and shelters with Maya and Rick doing a story.

Darlita could've been around the right age to be a DACA kid and she worries about her status and Liam's foundation brings attention to that. Or he starts a digital publication like Restless Style only for his charitable causes and tie it in with GC Buzz using all he learned from Bill and Spencer Publishing and it begins drawing attention away from Spencer Pub pissing Bill off because Liam is really beginning to pull away professionally and financially and Bill is losing many avenues to draw him back in (not that it appears Bill cares about having a close relationship with his son again).

This show can be better. Brad Bell needs to take a look at the other soaps on the air because they're doing socially relevant stories (Alzheimer's; Domestic abuse) and B&B is stuck on repeating love triangles that had the two leading women bailing on the show because they were sick of the repetition (although JMcW came back).

• Love 8
10 hours ago, grisgris said:

Well, Bill was kind of that "romance" guy when he was with Brooke, but evidently the past 5 years were only a figment of our overactive and feverish imaginations.  

I agree with with whomever upthread suggested that Hope should have returned home with an Italian hunk like Damien on her arm.  I believe that this would have made this clusterfuck more palatable.  I can't get invested in this mess because I already know that Hope is going to get set up as the heavy because the propping of Hauxdilocks continues unabated.  That rank bitch and her ongoing perils--including "Leffy"--are nothing but cancers that have metastasized and have eaten this entire show.  And, yet the ratings continue to fall and the EP/HW doubles down on the fuckery because he has to be "right."  What he refuses to acknowledge is that Hauxdilocks just isn't a sympathetic or likable character.  Period.  So, now the skank has to be "blackmailed" into giving up her tail?  Yeah, right.  Even Stevie Wonder and the late Ray Charles can see how this shit is going to go.  We wuz robbed, indeed!

That's why I frankly prefer that they leave social issues alone.  Just don't.  Brad and his team of hacks had better not even come near the #MeToo Movement!  We've already seen how sexual assaults are used on this show--not to empower women, but to further "romances" and to reward the rapists.  Anyone looking at the dreck that is currently penned for Brooke or any of the women on this show could not possibly believe that these woman are empowered.  Brooke claims that Sludge has "changed." Changed what exactly?  His skidmarked underwear perhaps?  The only reason he brought Hope back was to impress Brooke (and she foolishly bought it) and now his true feelings are shown.  I won't even touch on the lessons on how to be a good husband from an unkempt lout who was just dry-humping and kissing his stepmother last summer.  But, I digress. 

The issue of HIV-AIDS has been haphazardly handled, including Amber sleeping with both Rick and Raymond.  Funny how the specter of HIV-AIDS only reared its head when the girl from the trailer park slept with two guys.  Yet, nearly every character on canvas has played musical beds at any given time.  Tony's HIV storyline was replete with offensive stereotypes and the audience has been left to take it for granted that Tony has been living a healthy and fulfilling life with HIV for well over a decade.  Maya's transgender storyline was handled like an ABC Afterschool Special, with reminders thrown in here and there that she couldn't birth no babies, but no other real storyline for her and Rick.  They can't even write KM's pregnancy into whatever storyline they could have had for her and Rick because of the "shock and awe" storyline penned for Maya a few years ago.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

What he refuses to acknowledge is that Hauxdilocks just isn't a sympathetic or likable character.  Period. 

And this is the underlying element that makes this mess so unsavory. 

When Brooke slept with Deacon I was horrified. At the same time, the amazing chemistry between KKL and SK made it mesmerizingly hot. The fact that they were both beautiful also helped, as did the closeness in their ages. I also could somehow get my head around Brooke's life at that time; her loneliness and heartbreak. Not an excuse by any means, but still helped make her actions believable. But what saved that SL for me, is I actually believed there were feelings involved. Regardless of the outcome; each claimed to love the other. Before Hope was born; you actually saw, and could feel, the connection and the closeness between Brooke and Deacon. 

With Bill and Steffy you have non of that. They are both dark, unlikable characters, and while DD is very attractive, JMW is what she is. And the basis for this fuckfest is the fact that Liam wasn't coming to heel as Steffy ordered. She had lost control of her little puppy, and oh yes, Liam kissed Sally. That was the perfect recipe for this heaux to seek out her father-in-laws penis. There is no affection between them either. Steffy can barely look at Bill and Bill's love is really nothing more than his obsession with winning. And being right. The worst part is I feel like I am watching an aged uncle molest his niece. Incredibly gross. 

It is all just a big mess of Tom Fuckery.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12

Bill is reprehensible, but Steffy is not a victim.  If Steffy wasn't covering for Taylor, she wouldn't be in this situation.  Also, if Steffy hadn't slept with Bill, she wouldn't be in this situation.  I don't know why Steffy still wants Liam because there was a time when Steffy would have done anything to have Bill.  Brooke was a lowlife skank for what she did to Bridget twice, but this is also the second time one of Taylor's daughters has been put in this position because of Taylor's actions.  I remember poor Phoebe being terrified someone would find out the truth about what happened to Darla.  Stephanie knew something was up, and told Phoebe that she could come to her for anything, and instead of making Phoebe feel better, Phoebe just looked more afraid.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

I don't know why Steffy still wants Liam because there was a time when Steffy would have done anything to have Bill.

There was also a time before one of Steffy & Liam's many weddings (at this point I don't even remember which one) that it looked like Steffy was growing bored...the wild motorcycle riding party girl wasn't thrilled with do-gooder Liam.  I thought there was going to be a storyline to further investigate that, but it never materialized.

• Love 4

As far as I'm concerned, Liam, Bill, Wyatt, Hope, and Stuffy are all losers just in various degrees. 

Instead of flowers, Liam should have sent Stuffy an edible arrangement of waffles and tofu in a Log Cabin Vase.  Why was so much time waisted when We all knew that Liam was going to forgive Stuffy once again?  Liam is a coward though. He should have told Hope, of his decision, first.  Hope finding it out after he's gone is disrespectful.  Liam will confront Stuffy, Stuffy will deny and Bill will counter with a altered DNA test.  

• Love 5

What makes Bill think that Stuffy will want him even if his evil plan works out and Liam leaves her for good?  She's shown no interest in him post-Liam except for that one night that causes me to have PTSD (Post Traumatic Soap Disorder) everytime I have to watch one of those disgusting flashbacks of it.  There are no other men in LA?  She's in love with his son, for God's sake.  So she's just going to say, "Okay, he's gone so you'll do."?  I am not a Stuffy fan by any means but that's just ridiculous.

And how great was it today to hear Bill say that Liam needs to stop "waffling"???  Like everyone else on this board, I'm sure, I laughed out loud. If only he'd had syrup container on his desk at that moment!

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Liam will confront Stuffy, Stuffy will deny and Bill will counter with a altered DNA test.  

Liam will wordlessly stagger around gaping, Steffy will tearfully sputter, and Bill will preen like a peacock while looking at both like they're idiots.

I'd prefer if Liam and Steffy both angrily united and turned on Bill, calling his bluff. Sure they can go to the hospital to do an open paternity test and then Liam and Steffy can do their secret one that Bill doesn't know about.

It's time for Steffy to get angry and start acting like her grandma and realize Bill isn't about loving her but winning/owning her and tell him that. If he loved her, he'd be moving heaven and earth to give her what she wants, Liam. Not what he thinks she should have, which just so happens to be him.

And she can also tell Liam he can take all the time he needs in Brooke's cottage dithering with Hope; she'll be at home getting ready for her daughter.

Damn it, I'm actually semi-rooting for Steffy to get her groove back. I'd rather she be a bitch than a wamsel in distress pushover. Embrace co-parenting with Liam and move on. Be a role model to the women you proclaim you influence. Devote yourself to your kid in the ways you feel Ridge didn't and how Taylor couldn't because she was 'dead' most of your childhood.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Instead of flowers, Liam should have sent Stuffy an edible arrangement of waffles and tofu in a Log Cabin Vase.

LOL!!

1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

PTSD (Post Traumatic Soap Disorder)

LOL again!!

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Liam will wordlessly stagger around gaping

Yep, Liam's default "I'm so confused" mannerism.

image.png.63f51a01ab1755629677dcf81f8df991.png

• Love 8

Pillows and candles and blankets! Oh my! Wyatt, you're not in Kansas anymore and your daddy is treating you like the mental Munchkin you apparently are.

So Taylor is in outpatient treatment. Heh, good luck with that ya murderous psycho.

Ridge's "wisdom and advice"? Hold on, let me stop laughing hysterically. What Ridge does looks like non-stop propagandizing and brainwashing to me. And for a minute it apparently worked.

In love with two women. Oh please. It must be so hard being a jerk masquerading as a simple yet emotionally generous guy so tortured by years of bouncing between the same two women.

I don't get how Bill's devious plan can work in the long run. Eventually Steffy will find out that Bill mislead Wyatt about the nature of their relationship and Wyatt then influenced Liam away from her. She might shoot Bill her own self.

Since when do white roses symbolize forgiveness?

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Since when do white roses symbolize forgiveness?

White Roses usually symbolize innocence and purity but they can also symbolize new beginnings and a hope for the future. But overall, White Roses are more associated with weddings. 

Red Roses would be more apropos as a symbol of love but I would be more incline to send Stuffy Black Roses to symbolize her black heart.  

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

White Roses usually symbolize innocence and purity but they can also symbolize new beginnings and a hope for the future. But overall, White Roses are more associated with weddings. 

Red Roses would be more apropos as a symbol of love but I would be more incline to send Stuffy Black Roses to symbolize her black heart.  

BRILLIANT!  See, it's not such a faux pas by Liam after all.  Let's just say he was giving Steffy a heads-up.

I about choked when Liam was gushing over Sludge for his "wisdom and advice." That's downright laughable. And Sludge's smug grimy glistening face glowing in the fireplace while Liam was playing mental ping-pong. I'm surprised it didn't start a small grease fire.

I am terribly terribly disappointed in Liam, since it is obvious that he's falling back on the "two parents under one roof no matter what," brainwashing. Sez who? And if he'll never get over Swill, what is he going to do when the missus wants some cha-cha-cha? Are they going to co-exist and have separate bedrooms? Parents can't spend 100% of their time doting over their child. That's not good for any of them. So, what else are they going to do living together? I can't think of anything more discomfiting.

In the same breath, I'm equally disappointed in Hope. She's giving lip service to being "OK with whatever Liam decides, as long as he's happy." Meaning of course, if the decision is HER. As well as pledging to "not pressure him." Anybody in their right mind has to see that Liam is by no means ready to jump into another relationship right now. He needs to go off somewhere for neurological evaluation. (BTW? What ever happened with that and the MRI he was supposed to have?) He also needs treatment for PTSD, etc.

He can go to Promises in Malibu with Taylor.

This is gonna suck even worse because Liam is going to go over and blow up at Steffy and she'll tearfully deny everything. Actually, this time, she'll be telling the truth, but karma is a bitch and I don't feel one bit sorry for her. After the lengths she went to to keep Liam and Hope apart (with Bill's help) it's time for the tables to be turned. Lippy is there for her. But ... when it all comes to head, Steffy will be portrayed as the victim, Liam will annul his marriage to Hope (you know that's coming for May sweeps) and the cycle will repeat.

I think a sort of black-burgundy rose would have been a nice choice for Bill to give Steffy. To me, that would symbolize, sex, delusion and control. (I honestly have no idea if burgundy roses exist or what they mean, but that is what they stand for in my imagination given the situation.)

• Love 11
9 hours ago, grisgris said:

But ... when it all comes to head, Steffy will be portrayed as the victim, Liam will annul his marriage to Hope (you know that's coming for May sweeps) and the cycle will repeat.

And then the REAL lie that Taylor shot Bill will come out, causing Liam to waffle from Steffy back to Hope. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And then the REAL lie that Taylor shot Bill will come out, causing Liam to waffle from Steffy back to Hope. 

I can give Liam leeway to being sympathetic to Steffy about the Taylor lie and comforting Steffy. For one thing, losing his own mother was a pivotal trauma for him. Lost/absent/dead mothers is a thing for him. Secondly, Steffy lost her mother for most of her childhood believing she was dead (did Liam and Steffy every bond over that? Seems like the big 'in' Steffy would've had with him - I lost my mother too!) and the threat of losing Taylor again to prison and doing what she could to stop it is very understandable even if she did lie to Liam. Lastly, it allows Liam to look at Steffy more as the victim of Bill -which he's wanted to do since day 1 of the affair reveal - so now he has some wiggle room that he can channel less resentment at Steffy and more rage at Bill. Especially because Bill was basically extorting Steffy into being his wife and actively isolating Liam from his child and threatening to take away his daughter's only grandmother (even if Taylor is broken at the moment).

Liam learning about Bill's blackmail and scheming SHOULD (but probably won't be) be the moment his head clears, his spine straightens, and he becomes laser focused and quits with the dithering and waffling and becomes the 'man' that Ridge and Bill have been egging him on to be and finally draws the line with Bill and does what he needs to do to protect his daughter and by default, Steffy. This means setting Hope aside and letting that go for the moment. Everything about Liam should be about protecting his daughter's family from Bill's influence.

• Love 6

I'm going out on a limb...after hearing Steffy say yesterday that they have to have "faith" that the baby is healthy, whatever else she said, I'm predicting that the baby will be named Faith. Then, on the 50/50 time Daddy has her, he'll have Hope & Faith all covered! That was a joke, but I am kind of anticipating Faith Spencer.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Justin didn't lose any sleep after setting fire to Spectra Fashions, but setting up some pillows and candles is really eating away at his soul! 

Too late for him to have standards now.

I think we all knew Liam would forgive and take the heifer back. I mean, what with all the guilt-tripping and brow-beating he got from Steffy and her fan club, not to mention her begging and fake tears, tummy rubbing, the pregnancy scare, and the buying of a beach house for him, is it really a surprise? Of course, his "I'm going to give this a shot" wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement. That having said, as happy as he's looked with Hope, the pure joy and excitement on his face was palpable and belied his words (as did the dual bouquets he sent the heifer).... until Wyatt sucked all the air out of his happiness balloon. That is exactly why Hope should run, not walk, but run, run, run as fast she can away from this steaming pile of empty, loaded-with-syrup carbs and never look back. He will always, always want Steffy and, even more so now that they are expecting a baby together and the chance to play at happy little intact family is just too tempting for him to pass up. I mean, on the one hand, Hope should have known better but her knowing better doesn't mean Liam isn't being a trifling dick. 

I laughed out loud at the shout-out to us (and more proof that TIIC troll this board): Bill: "It's about time he faces up to reality. Steffy -- she's too concerned and ashamed. She's not gonna talk to him about it. He's not gonna listen to a word that I have to say. But he'll believe you. But you know what? Leave out the details -- the blanket and the candles and all of that. That's just gonna hurt him. It'll be too painful. But he does need to know... that it will never be over between Steffy and me. Maybe now he'll stop waffling... and move on with Hope."

As for Hauxdilox, it's hard to know where her true feelings lie...because while her words say she wants Liam, only Liam, whenever she's next to Bill, her eyes say she wants to devour him like she's a preying mantis. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

I can give Liam leeway to being sympathetic to Steffy about the Taylor lie and comforting Steffy.

I can definitely see Liam being sympathetic to Steffy not wanting her mother to go to jail.  However, I do envision Liam being pissed that she didn't trust him enough to tell the truth, which means that she automatically assumed Liam wouldn't take his wife's or mother-in-law's feelings into consideration & head straight to the police. Also, Steffy knew how tortured Liam was in thinking that he shot his father...her vague "I know you didn't do it, it doesn't matter how I know, I just know" was such a load of crap which provided no concrete information that he didn't do it.  All Steffy had to do was blubber into blankie of despair, rub her belly, and beg Liam not to have Taylor arrested...truth be told, I don't think Liam would need begging, I think he would not have ratted Taylor out regardless.

34 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

He will always, always want Steffy

Yes he will; Hope needs to see that "winning" Liam from Steffy would actually make her the loser.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I can definitely see Liam being sympathetic to Steffy not wanting her mother to go to jail.  However, I do envision Liam being pissed that she didn't trust him enough to tell the truth, which means that she automatically assumed Liam wouldn't take his wife's or mother-in-law's feelings into consideration & head straight to the police. Also, Steffy knew how tortured Liam was in thinking that he shot his father...her vague "I know you didn't do it, it doesn't matter how I know, I just know" was such a load of crap which provided no concrete information that he didn't do it.  All Steffy had to do was blubber into blankie of despair, rub her belly, and beg Liam not to have Taylor arrested...truth be told, I don't think Liam would need begging, I think he would not have ratted Taylor out regardless.

Yes he will; Hope needs to see that "winning" Liam from Steffy would actually make her the loser.

I think Liam not only would have empathized with her over what Taylor did (I mean, he kept Bill's lie about Carowhine a secret - Sally and Thomas still don't know he and Steffy knew all along), he also kept Bill's arson from the police), he would have understood had she told him the truth from the very beginning. But that's not what happened as we all saw. Also, it was a perfect opportunity for Steffy to show she's truly remorseful and capable of change and telling the full truth and nothing but...so when given the chance to tell her husband, whom she'd cheated on and lied to, she chose to lie again, with Bill in on this lie. She put her looney-tunes attempted murderess of a mother (and Bill) ahead of her own husband and meanwhile, he's turning himself inside out with grief and guilt over something he didn't even DO.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

This.  The only way someone wins when they are involved with an idiot who can't decide who they want to be with, is to dump the trifling moron, and move on to someone better, and there is always someone better than a waffle that can't make up its mind.

• Love 8
(edited)

I really enjoy this show, especially when $Bill is on, he's my lunchtime dessert, but yesterday stretched the boundaries of my patience. Not even 24 hours prior to yesterday's episode, Liam was passionately sucking face with Hope. I don't remember him verbalizing that he wanted a future with her, but he was totally physically into her. Then, out of the clear blue, months after their breakup, without seeing Steffy or the baby (via sonogram or anything), or fighting with Hope, Liam miraculously decides to take Steffy back, on the very day that Wyatt has devastating news, that Steffy & Bill are still seeing each other. I know that sometimes we have to suspend reality & know that it's just to further the cause, but a little buildup to Liam's wanted-reconciliation would've been nice. If it wasn't for the delicousness that's $Bill, I might tap out for a while. Intelligence-insulting is not a way to keep an audience.

ETA: To be clear, I'm also annoyed that the show can only seem to write triangles, & nothing else, which is another reason I'm thinking of taking a break (I totally won't do it, I need lunchtime entertainment). When was the last time we had a storyline that wasn't a triangle? I seriously can't think of a single 1. I guess Taylor shooting $Bill wasn't a triangle, that was just ridiculous. I guess the last 1 was Sally stealing Forrester designs. That was a year+ ago. 

Edited by nkotb
Being clear.
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

When was the last time we had a storyline that wasn't a triangle? I seriously can't think of a single 1

The very belated fallout about Nicole and Lizzy was a while ago, no? 

Before that, you'd have to dig back to before the show switched to HD to find something not involving a Triangle of Doom.

• Love 3

Ugh, I'm annoyed. Even without Bill's tricking Wyatt, what Liam told Steffy was totally valid. She has still been seeing and talking to Bill. She went to his office to buy the house in person, in private. She let him hug her. All of that combined is plenty of reason for him to not give her another chance. 

Plus, that frozen face screeching she was doing at the flowers gave me a headache.

• Love 12

Not only is Stuffy a terrible actor but it seems that she can't even play the part of a pregnant woman except for rubbing her flat tummy.  Flat boobs also doesn't jive with a third trimester baby.  I guess staying in a cheap hotel paid off so he could afford all those flowers.  

Stuffy famous last words, I WAS going to TELL you.  Stuffy didn't have to go to Bill's office to have the papers signed.  She wanted to.  In addition, when is Stuffy going to tell Liam that she was protecting her mother.  I'm sure it will get out and Bill is going to do it as part of his plan. 

• Love 10

Steffy and Bill were wrong, but I have no sympathy for Liam.  Liam was perfectly happy to stick his tongue down Hope's throat, and then decide he'll go back to Steffy.  I bet it takes two seconds for Liam to stick his tongue down Hope's throat again, and lead her to believe they have a future.  I have no sympathy for Hope either though.  At this point, Hope should know better than to trust a waffle.  Of course, decades later both Taylor and Brooke haven't learned a damn thing either so I guess Steffy and Hope will stupidly follow in Taylor and Brooke's footprints.

• Love 11

Ugh!  Enough already!  This show is circling the drain with the rinse-lather-repeat storylines we're being subjected to!  How long have we had to endure this endless Hope-Liam-Stuffy triangle of doom?  Does no one learn anything from the past (I'm looking at you, Hope)?  There is such a thing as viewer fatigue.  I don't want to give up on this soap...I've been watching since the very first episode...but it's so tiring to see the same thing over and over again.  It would be so refreshing if just one of these women said, "Ugh! Enough already!" and walked away from a dysfunctional crazy-making triangle and was single and strong for a while.  But, according to Brad Bell, then we wouldn't be intrigued enough to stay tuned.  News for you, baby Bell...that's exactly what we need.

• Love 10

I am really surprised that Brad Bell just doesn't seem to "get it." Surely, he has to read reviews, or as we suspect, have "plants" reading all of the forums and other discussion sites.  I just don't get this one-note storytelling. Well, two notes -- ToD and GarBridge.  Oh, and it looks like we're in for a treat with a Brooke/Taylor run-in during May sweeps. Hallelujah! Any mud puddles around for them to slug it out in? I don't know if it's fear of the unknown, stubbornness or laziness. Why don't any of these interviewers who write articles about him, call him out on this nonsense?

BTW, whatever became of that CBS survey we all completed? It seemed like a few positive changes were made in the SLs shortly after that, then everything went right back to how it's always been. That's typical of any type of "process improvement" exercise. Look how successful "team building" days are in the workplace. Not.

So Lame is going to throw away Hauxdi on a technicality. It's not so much the implied intimacy that's chapped Lame's ass. It's the mere fact that Steffy even would seek to talk to Bill -- not to mention TOUCH him -- under any circumstance. I mean, why couldn't Raspy Justin the Henchman, just drop by Steffy's house with the papers? Or, hell, send them by courier. There was no reason for her to call him and not even preface the conversation. A cryptic demand of, "I need to see you. I'm coming over," is wide open to very liberal interpretation.

• Love 11

Brad Bell and the rest of the idiots in charge of soaps today should be forced to watch soap episodes from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.  If nothing else, he should watch the early episodes of B&B.  Stephanie and Bill Sr. were schemers, but they were subtle about it vs. the later years where Stephanie was reduced to telling Brooke she was a slut.  Taylor, Brooke and Caroline were also much better written.  They weren't all good or all bad.  They had careers where they were actually shown working.  They had storylines about those careers.  Everyone and their dog was not involved in a love triangle.

Watch what happened with Leslie, Laurie, Lance and Lucas on Y&R.  Rachel/Steve/Alice on Another World.  The love of Rachel's life ended up being Mac (who was killed off when the actor who played him died in real life).  Don/Julie/Doug on Days.  Rick/Leslie/Alan/Monica on General Hospital.  Even Luke and Laura on General Hospital were allowed to have other love interests (although the current writers on GH did everything they could to destroy characters, couples and SLs from the glory days of that soap).  If nothing else, check out Beverly McKinsey.  She left a soap because she got tired of the lousy writing.  They threatened to sue her.  She told them to read her contract and pay attention to it this time because they obviously hadn't been paying attention when they signed it.

The things Justin gets upset about are absurd.  Will Liam tell Hope he was about to reconcile with Steffy, but found out Steffy met with Bill so now Liam is all Hope's for the next two seconds.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

I am really surprised that Brad Bell just doesn't seem to "get it." Surely, he has to read reviews, or as we suspect, have "plants" reading all of the forums and other discussion sites.  I just don't get this one-note storytelling.

Maybe he thinks he's the last bastion of OG soap storytelling and the Bell family still owns B&B. Y&R has 'embraced' Mal's vision for better or worse and DOOL and GH have DiD, Spies, Dopplegangers, moobsters, and Supervillain families.

B&B is operating under traditional simpler times while using the 3 month telenovella format and yet there's no B story to break it up. We have a solid 20 mins of the ToD with the other characters talking about the ToD instead of evens in their own damn lives.  The story is simple and grounded-  leading lady, torn between two men, one the father of her husband and who she has complicated history with; her rival is her step-sister; she's pregnant with her miracle child and is trying to protect her mother who is threatened by the father-in-law who sincerely thinks his actions are showing his love. Bill has been thrust back into the domineering asshole father mold of Alan Spaulding who had no problem screwing over his children even as he says that he loves them and even as they 'disappoint' them. For all intents this is a 'grounded' soap.

And yet oddly most of the time the POV is from the younger leading man, Liam, while they try to tell us that Steffy is the leading lady and center of this story. But the motor is almost always due to Liam's actions/reactions. He's driving the story when it should be Hope and Steffy (since they're the leading ladies) and the Forresters firmly the A story while the Spencers are the B+ interweaving into the Forresters. 

Why is Bell tripling down on Hope/Liam/Steffy? Who knows. Maybe he thinks that with a recast it's not a repeat. 

The show misses the low hanging fruit. Bill's shooting could've served as a way to have RJ's exit with Rick suspecting he had something to do with it and teaming up with Thomas to protect their brother with Brooke and Ridge in the dark. Liam could leave town so that he can be rebooted. Hope's return includes a husband with a secret agenda and who can bring new blood into the show. Thorne/Katie/Wyatt was a worthy triangle that was cut short, why? Rick/Maya(Myron) have a dynamite story for Maya to have a kid from back in high school with its mom in tow and Maya unexpectedly has feelings for her or Amber returns with lil'D and threatens Maya's marriage. Or Jack Marrone returns and is rivals with RJ while falling for Young Adult lil'D. Maybe Nick dies and Ridge and Brooke are both his next of kin and suddenly are raising a teen who has severe resentment issues with both of them.

I agree, not sure why BB doesn't get it. The ratings have been abysmal and critics are noting that the show is unbalanced storywise. BB makes feints at moving to something new (Sally, Sheila, Thorne) but he never commits and when the going gets tough all roads lead back to Steam/Lope/Still. He wants and sees that as his marquee couple when fans of practically both pairings want this resolved. At least with Steam/Still there was a bit fresher ground to till by everyone addressing the elephant in the room- Still was first and Liam may have been a placeholder for Steffy or she fell for Liam but never stopped loving Bill. Instead the show had no faith in truly exploring Still and apparently no plan for a Liam without a Steffy so they're keeping him on this infernal Hell along with the audience. Liam having to swallow the bitter pill of Still ruling the Spencer roost with their daughter and/or Liam well and truly losing to Bill with the exception of his daughter is a story they may feel is hard to write or too complicated and yet that's exactly why they should've gone there. It was fresh and uncharted territory. But if they needed a blueprint just use the blueprint of Eric/Brooke with Liam's Ridge moving on until he has an affair with Steffy and she gets pregnant again and doesn't know who the daddy is!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

The show misses the low hanging fruit. Bill's shooting could've served as a way to have RJ's exit with Rick suspecting he had something to do with it and teaming up with Thomas to protect their brother with Brooke and Ridge in the dark. Liam could leave town so that he can be rebooted. Hope's return includes a husband with a secret agenda and who can bring new blood into the show. Thorne/Katie/Wyatt was a worthy triangle that was cut short, why? Rick/Maya(Myron) have a dynamite story for Maya to have a kid from back in high school with its mom in tow and Maya unexpectedly has feelings for her or Amber returns with lil'D and threatens Maya's marriage. Or Jack Marrone returns and is rivals with RJ while falling for Young Adult lil'D. Maybe Nick dies and Ridge and Brooke are both his next of kin and suddenly are raising a teen who has severe resentment issues with both of them.

I agree, not sure why BB doesn't get it. The ratings have been abysmal and critics are noting that the show is unbalanced storywise. BB makes feints at moving to something new (Sally, Sheila, Thorne) but he never commits and when the going gets tough all roads lead back to Steam/Lope/Still. He wants and sees that as his marquee couple when fans of practically both pairings want this resolved. At least with Steam/Still there was a bit fresher ground to till by everyone addressing the elephant in the room- Still was first and Liam may have been a placeholder for Steffy or she fell for Liam but never stopped loving Bill. Instead the show had no faith in truly exploring Still and apparently no plan for a Liam without a Steffy so they're keeping him on this infernal Hell along with the audience. Liam having to swallow the bitter pill of Still ruling the Spencer roost with their daughter and/or Liam well and truly losing to Bill with the exception of his daughter is a story they may feel is hard to write or too complicated and yet that's exactly why they should've gone there. It was fresh and uncharted territory. But if they needed a blueprint just use the blueprint of Eric/Brooke with Liam's Ridge moving on until he has an affair with Steffy and she gets pregnant again and doesn't know who the daddy is!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!  That's the worst thing, knowing there are so many stories they could do and won't. 

With JY on recurring, I don't think we're going to get Myron's kid anytime soon but there's still time for Hope's European guy to show up - Ridge certainly could bring him over to butt in.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

check out Beverly McKinsey.  She left a soap because she got tired of the lousy writing.  They threatened to sue her.  She told them to read her contract and pay attention to it this time because they obviously hadn't been paying attention when they signed it.

So, that's why she left? I had no idea. What was in her contract? If you can't answer here, could you post some inside info on AW's forum?

• Love 1