Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Bill gave Taylor a key to the house Slutty lives in? And mom just lets herself in to scare Slutty when she comes home after seeing Liam in the room of doom? Time for Taytay to leave the country. Forever. I am really sad for her that her face has been so tragically distorted. Of course, she chose that and I’m sure she’s horrified every time she looks in the mirror. 

Do you think she really is?  It seems like these women in LA who go through so much plastic surgery that they're no longer recognizable are very proud of how "young" they look.  It's a weird form of delusion/denial.

• Love 2

It is such a shame. When I was in my 20s, my friend and I used to play a game where we'd wish who we could look like for one day and I'd always pick HT. Egads! Hell to the no on that one now. You  know, she wasn't looking that awful during the Taylor/Nick days because it seemed like she'd stopped messing with her face and I liked her choppy chestnut brown haircut and funky boho clothes and jewelry. It softened her otherwise uptight stick-up-her-ass persona.

It could be my declining hearing but I honestly had difficulty understanding HTy when she was reciting her lines today. (I can no longer call it "acting.") She can't move her mouth but her voice has also changed. It seems to have taken on the permanent weak wavery tone that she reserves for her "on the verge of tears," voice. Then when she cackled at Steffy, "So what are YOU going to do about it?" (referring to Bill being in love with Hauxdi) JMW actually looked genuinely startled. It sounded like the voice of an old witch. Shivers.

If that Teflon quack gets off with this, I'm going to lose it.  I too, thought the producers were chem testing DD and HTy and I thought it was a terrible pairing. DD looked like he didn't want to give her the time of day and it wasn't acting.

I didn't think I could take one more day of Liam repeating how he shot his dad and how he "saw it," blah blah blah. Now what? That boy seriously needs to be admitting to a psychiatric hospital not only for his head injuries but PTSD and other numerous maladies. He should go away and tell nobody where he is going, especially not Steffy and Hope.

I didn't mind Hope's beachy waves style but I don't care for the color. I would really like to see AN with her natural hair color because I think she'd look better and wouldn't appear to be so washed out in the white/pastel wardrobe choices. Plus, it would go better with her eyebrows, which need to be lightened if she remains blonde.

Look at it this way. If Hauxdi is petting Liam's hair and face it keeps her hands off her baby bump.

• Love 13

So here's the thing, Steffy. 

Your husband confessed to you that he believes in a rage black out aided by a rock to the head, he shot his father intending to kill him.

Your husband trusted you with this information despite your having undermined the foundation of trust in your relationship by banging his father and not knowing WTD of your baby could be, lying about it and trying to cover up the incident. 

He had every reason not to tell you for a number of reasons including you using it against him regarding your shared child if custody ever became an issue but he did it anyway.

You swore up and down that you love, trust, and respect your husband. Begged him for a second chance at being a family. To give you a chance at proving yourself to him and you wouldn't fail him.

You passed the first part of your test with flying colors in supporting Liam, telling him you didn't believe he did the deed, and determined to stand by him no matter what.

You then epically failed the second part when instead of telling him the truth about the identity of the actual shooter - your mother- you showed that you do not trust nor respect him and quite crucially trusted Bill with this secret and therefore are sharing another secret with Bill and keeping your husband once again in the dark.

Do you see how you're actions- not Hope's- have put the final nail in your marriage? Do ya see? Because if the positions were reversed and you found out how Liam left you twisting in the wind, you'd nail his pale ass to the wall.

Trusting Bill and not Liam shows where your head and heart is- you see Bill as the power holder and Liam as the one to be 'protected'; Bill as the 'whore' to do the down and dirty thing you want and Liam as the 'Madonna' to be the good influence in your life you say you want but don't really do anything consistently to earn. 

Look at Liam's life at the moment. He is a broken, lost, shell of a man and your actions have contributed in very large part to this (the affair; the paternity question; the cover up) and continue to do so (letting him believe he tried to kill his father when you know the truth).

As your Gangsta Grandma once said to another delusional pregnant woman 'You are no victim. You are no heroine.' 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

So here's the thing, Steffy. 

Your husband confessed to you that he believes in a rage black out aided by a rock to the head, he shot his father intending to kill him.

Your husband trusted you with this information despite your having undermined the foundation of trust in your relationship by banging his father and not knowing WTD of your baby could be, lying about it and trying to cover up the incident. 

He had every reason not to tell you for a number of reasons including you using it against him regarding your shared child if custody ever became an issue but he did it anyway.

You swore up and down that you love, trust, and respect your husband. Begged him for a second chance at being a family. To give you a chance at proving yourself to him and you wouldn't fail him.

You passed the first part of your test with flying colors in supporting Liam, telling him you didn't believe he did the deed, and determined to stand by him no matter what.

You then epically failed the second part when instead of telling him the truth about the identity of the actual shooter - your mother- you showed that you do not trust nor respect him and quite crucially trusted Bill with this secret and therefore are sharing another secret with Bill and keeping your husband once again in the dark.

Do you see how you're actions- not Hope's- have put the final nail in your marriage? Do ya see? Because if the positions were reversed and you found out how Liam left you twisting in the wind, you'd nail his pale ass to the wall.

Trusting Bill and not Liam shows where your head and heart is- you see Bill as the power holder and Liam as the one to be 'protected'; Bill as the 'whore' to do the down and dirty thing you want and Liam as the 'Madonna' to be the good influence in your life you say you want but don't really do anything consistently to earn. 

Look at Liam's life at the moment. He is a broken, lost, shell of a man and your actions have contributed in very large part to this (the affair; the paternity question; the cover up) and continue to do so (letting him believe he tried to kill his father when you know the truth).

As your Gangsta Grandma once said to another delusional pregnant woman 'You are no victim. You are no heroine.' 

You hit the nail or should I say the evil witch on the head. ??

• Love 3

I'm about five days behind on the show.  Haven't posted in this thread in ages but I felt compelled to come here after seeing Taylor lash out at Bill. 

Two thoughts:

1.  Hunter Tylo is still a thoroughly craptacular actress.  Her rant reminded me very much of drunk Taylor trying to seduce Hector with her "I am Taylor Hayes!!!!" dance.

2.  She makes a really really bad bleached blonde.

• Love 6

HTy, RM and KKL were hired for their looks.  Great thespians they are not and never will be.  RM did have some charm and warmth about him.  HTy was blindingly gorgeous, and KKL could make Brooke seem vulnerable.  Although I hated Brooke from day one for pretending to be Caroline's friend just so she could get close to Caroline's fiancée Ridge.  However, HTy's looks have been ruined (every time I see her face I want to cry) so I don't understand why Bell keeps writing her out only to bring her back.  Bell's made no secret of the fact that Ridge/Brooke is his couple, and since he refuses to let either Taylor or Brooke move on from Ridge, I see no reason for Taylor's return or for Taylor to be the shooter.  If Bell does another round of the Ridge/Taylor/Brooke triangle, it's just going to end with Ridge/Brooke being together.  So why bother?

• Love 6

Well... that was an odd episode. Taylor sitting there talking about power imbalances and sexual abuse seguing into this whole "Bill is in love with you" thing was additional proof (not like any was needed) that TPTB still don't get consent and associated issues.  They want to have their 1950's cake and not choke on it today - like Ridge (and then Taylor) accusing Bill of assault even while Steffy is nonplussed  that no one  (except Hope and Brooke) accepts that she was a willing participant.  They use the words but they obviously don't understand them. 

Also - every time someone tells Steffy that Bill is in love with her, it's just weird, like courtship by proxy.    

• Love 12

Ok Taylor is really pissing me off, she admits to shooting Bill and basically rants and raves at him about what a terrible person he is, then when there is a question of weather he will turn her in and send her to prison we get "I said, I was sorry, I know I did something wrong..... ohhhhh I can't go to prison". and then a few minutes later she's back to harping on Bill about what a bad person he is, Bitch please, you shot someone! he slept with your willing daughter and got his, but your so sorry  GRRRRRRRRRRR

• Love 13
9 hours ago, tessaray said:

Also - every time someone tells Steffy that Bill is in love with her, it's just weird, like courtship by proxy.    

That's basically how the ToD worked the first time around, so ?

• Love 5

If Steffy's analysis of the timeline is correct, then it's too bad that Liam didn't actually see the shooting.  Because I want to see his dawning realization that Steffy kept her mother's identity from him.  It's proof that Bill isn't the source of all their problems.    

• Love 9

I have just about had it with watching this rubber lips ass-clown continue to fake-blubber her way through scenes.

Oh...I'm referring to Taylor, not Hauxdi. Just in case you were confused.

True to form, she put the blame for the shooting all on Ridge and his telling her Steffy was raped when she of all people knows that lying is what Ridge does. I can't stand the hobo motherfucker but this isn't on him. 

I also have had it to my eyebrows with the Teflon Queen bitching about Bill interfering with Steamless. Every.single.word of what she is squawking is an echo of what Steffy did to Lope to ensnare Liam, down to her pouncing on him literally moments after Hope took off her engagement ring (after spotting them kissing) and putting Hope's still-warm ring on her greedy little finger.

She and Ridge have the most-selective memory when it comes to their equally teflon little princess.

And the show can get out of here with Hauxdi insta-believing Liam didn't do that and that somehow she gets brownie points for that? She will do and say anything to keep him in her clutches and after all she's done, it's a drop of water in the Pacific Ocean in terms of making any sort of amends and, as has been mentioned upthread, the only reason she can say what she said to him about believing in him is because she knows her whackado mother shot Bill instead and she's lying about that. So she's putting Taylor and Bill above the husband she claims to love so much with their dirty little secret and lies. I can't wait until this blows up in her face. Which it will. But she's thinking all is well and that Hope believes Liam could have done it (which is perfectly reasonable given the circumstances known at the time Liam confessed to her). I mean, Bill cheated with Liam's wife and proposed to her - is it really far-fetched that he'd be at the top of the list of suspects? Add in a recent head trauma when he's had a history and it's not hard to connect the dots.

And really...how is the heifer going to convince Liam he didn't do it? Repeating "you didn't do it, just 'cause" a million times and adding in some belly rubs for good measure?

I did have to laugh at this:

AND AND AND....my gorgeous gal Red isn't finished with L.A. just yet!!!!!

https://twitter.com/TheCourtneyHope

I don't care if she's only back for an episode or two (although I would love it if TPTB realized their mistake and brought her back and PF as well) and I hope she returns with a big ol' diamond on her finger.

DbKDflQV4AEncqb.jpg

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, tessaray said:

If Steffy's analysis of the timeline is correct, then it's too bad that Liam didn't actually see the shooting.  Because I want to see his dawning realization that Steffy kept her mother's identity from him.  It's proof that Bill isn't the source of all their problems.    

I never thought of this, maybe you're on to something and this IS what will happen.  I'd really like it, I hope you're right!

5 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

She and Ridge have the most-selective memory when it comes to their equally teflon little princess.

Hell, Taylor has quite a selective memory when it comes to herself :)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I don't care if she's only back for an episode or two (although I would love it if TPTB realized their mistake and brought her back and PF as well) and I hope she returns with a big ol' diamond on her finger.

DbKDflQV4AEncqb.jpg

I am truly shocked. They shuffled her off so quickly with Thomas that I thought she was done and done!

Wonder what the story is? What what Sally's story will be? Spectra is done and she and Liam didn't do the deed in the building collapse so she can't be pregnant so....

No way is PF coming back. I really think he did that as a solid to the Tally fans and to bank a little cash and to not burn bridges with CBS or The Bells.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, tessaray said:

Well... that was an odd episode. Taylor sitting there talking about power imbalances and sexual abuse seguing into this whole "Bill is in love with you" thing was additional proof (not like any was needed) that TPTB still don't get consent and associated issues.  They want to have their 1950's cake and not choke on it today - like Ridge (and then Taylor) accusing Bill of assault even while Steffy is nonplussed  that no one  (except Hope and Brooke) accepts that she was a willing participant.  They use the words but they obviously don't understand them. 

First, I just want to say how grateful that I am to come here and enjoy everyone's snark.  It is also gratifying to know that I am not the only person in the civilized world who hasn't fallen prostrate on her knees to thank the soap gods for bringing back the Crypt Mistress (a/k/a "the Queen of B&B" according to some).  It takes every ounce of self-control I have not to allow my fingers to do the walking across my keyboard when one of HT/Taylor's fans wax poetic about her beauty and talent.  Imma just go ahead and ask the question that has been plaguing me ever since the writers started penning storylines solely for Hauxdilocks.  How did a show supposedly about bold and beautiful people turn into something that resembles the Creature Feature movies that aired on my local TV station on Saturday afternoons when I was a kid?  What does HT see when she looks in the mirror?  Whatever doctor(s) did this to her face and accepted money for it needs to be arrested and stripped of their license(s).  How DD managed to get through those scenes and not faint from fear or collapse into a fit of laughter is beyond me--especially if TIIC are attempting to chem test him with HT.  As if the mummification of HT wasn't bad enough, her attempts to act are even more lamentable.  It's bad enough that the EP/HW acts as if JMW is the Bette Davis of Daytime, but this is soooo...dreadful.

Kudos to evil, mustache-twirling brain dead 50-Cent Bill for putting this HIV--hoe impersonating a virgin--on blast for not only her questionable parenting, but also for pointing out that she's bedded several generations of Forrester and Logan men.  He ain't lying!  If Stuffy or her defenders ever dare to reproach Brooke with that old saw about keeping it in the family, Brooke could realistically reply, "Your mama!" 

The "Bill is in love with you" throwaway line is the writers' way of reminding the audience that this is supposed to be Bill's raison d'être for every shitty, destructive thing he has done in the last few months.  Okay, show.  Never mind the putrid stench of the dreck they have been writing and airing for months.  Never mind that no sane man (oh, wait...) would chase after such a thirsty, basic-ass bitch.  Hard to believe that a year ago, Brill had gotten married and that Quidge was simmering just beneath the service, and this show seemed to be rocking on all cylinders. 

Meanwhile, I hear that JY (who plays a legacy character) has been bumped to recurring status.  Although JY put out a gracious message indicating that he is filming a Lifetime movie, it seems to me that if a character isn't fucking Stuffy, isn't plotting to fuck her, isn't worshiping her, or isn't propping her in some other way, then there's no room for that person on the show anymore.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Meanwhile, I hear that JY (who plays a legacy character) has been bumped to recurring status.  Although JY put out a gracious message indicating that he is filming a Lifetime movie, it seems to me that if a character isn't fucking Stuffy, isn't plotting to fuck her, isn't worshiping her, or isn't propping her in some other way, then there's no room for that person on the show anymore.

Well...Rick and Steffy did once have a relationship and he 'owned her ass' so they could've gone there with her having an affair with Rick which would've made Ridge want to toss him off a building and Thomas get his pyromania on with Maya supplying the matches but...we can't have nice things.

• Love 7

I'm not fond of actress-bashing but JMW's main issue, aside from her odd, staccato delivery, is her lack of warmth.  This is a soap opera.  Actors don't have to be master thespians but they do have to bring something to the table.  KKL is no Meryl Streep but, as has been pointed out by others, she exudes a warmth (and vulnerability) that makes Brooke interesting and her allure understandable.  RM had a healthy amount of charm and lightness that infused Ridge with charisma.  (TK may be a better actor but he is wholly deficient in those qualities.)  HTy, also a very limited actress, at least sold the serene beauty thing very, very well.  And, it didn't hurt that KKL, HTy and RM were all great-looking.

JMW is just cold.  Her looks are cold and her (onscreen) personality is cold.  Many of us noted her response to HTy - "are you crying" - as uncharacteristically natural, concerned and human.  Aside from that short scene, her interactions with just about every other character are frigid and seemingly devoid of any feeling.  I wish she were better.

• Love 20
43 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

I'm not fond of actress-bashing but JMW's main issue, aside from her odd, staccato delivery, is her lack of warmth.  This is a soap opera.  Actors don't have to be master thespians but they do have to bring something to the table.  KKL is no Meryl Streep but, as has been pointed out by others, she exudes a warmth (and vulnerability) that makes Brooke interesting and her allure understandable.  RM had a healthy amount of charm and lightness that infused Ridge with charisma.  (TK may be a better actor but he is wholly deficient in those qualities.)  HTy, also a very limited actress, at least sold the serene beauty thing very, very well.  And, it didn't hurt that KKL, HTy and RM were all great-looking.

JMW is just cold.  Her looks are cold and her (onscreen) personality is cold.  Many of us noted her response to HTy - "are you crying" - as uncharacteristically natural, concerned and human.  Aside from that short scene, her interactions with just about every other character are frigid and seemingly devoid of any feeling.  I wish she were better.

Co-signed to all of this. The recent scene with HTy and the scene where she dissolved into tears with Katie and collapsed into her arms after Liam left her lying, cheating, father-in-law fucking ass, was the only time I felt something genuine from her.  And even my view of the scene with HTy is a bit skewed given whom she had to play off of.

• Love 7

I am truly shocked. They shuffled her off so quickly with Thomas that I thought she was done and done!

Wonder what the story is? What what Sally's story will be? Spectra is done and she and Liam didn't do the deed in the building collapse so she can't be pregnant so....

No way is PF coming back. I really think he did that as a solid to the Tally fans and to bank a little cash and to not burn bridges with CBS or The Bells.

Liam has his hands full with Steff & Hope. They could pair her off with Wyatt. since he and Katie "have to break up". There's also Thorne but I think he'll hook up with Katie because that "have to break up". LOL!!! That said, I'm pretty amazed that Bill Bell did a 180 on this.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They could pair her off with Wyatt. since he and Katie "have to break up".

Huh. I could be down for a 'marriage of hijinks and convenience' between Wally with Wyatt wanting to use Sally as a 'beard' for Watie while Sally does it with the promise that he'll give her a nice fat divorce settlement to start up Spectra 3.0 in NYC after a year of marriage and be able to annoy Bill as his daughter-in-law. They could either then have Sally and Wyatt fall for each other (however Wyatt would then make it a 4th Liam lady he's pursued) OR Bill becomes determined to prove the marriage is a shame by seducing Sally away from Wyatt with them entering a hot affair and capitalizing on their chemistry.

But that means Tally is kaput and that would suck. What a waste of PF coming back and at leas one young couple having a HEA.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Huh. I could be down for a 'marriage of hijinks and convenience' between Wally with Wyatt wanting to use Sally as a 'beard' for Watie while Sally does it with the promise that he'll give her a nice fat divorce settlement to start up Spectra 3.0 in NYC after a year of marriage and be able to annoy Bill as his daughter-in-law. They could either then have Sally and Wyatt fall for each other (however Wyatt would then make it a 4th Liam lady he's pursued) OR Bill becomes determined to prove the marriage is a shame by seducing Sally away from Wyatt with them entering a hot affair and capitalizing on their chemistry.

But that means Tally is kaput and that would suck. What a waste of PF coming back and at leas one young couple having a HEA.

Yeah, they finally found a great love interest for PF to have him up & leave. When he came back he looked really good with the touch of gray. I guess Sally comes back and finally puts Thomas in the rear view mirror. I'm still not sure who she will end up with. They don't really have young guys for her. There is Liam & Wyatt. Then there are the "old" guys like Thorne & Bill. It's slim pickin's for a half hour show.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Bill becomes determined to prove the marriage is a shame by seducing Sally away from Wyatt with them entering a hot affair and capitalizing on their chemistry.

Oh, no, never, Bill is too in LOOOOVE with Steffy to ever do that *eyeroll*

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Eight months ago he was in love with Brooke, the only woman for him. The woman he destroyed two marriages to the same woman -her sister- for!

On this show, Sally could be THE ONE this time next year.

40 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It's slim pickin's for a half hour show.

Or they could have her pull a Macy and hook up with a recently released Deacon Sharpe and vow revenge against the Forresters, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Also they just fired the entire Spectra clan. Is Sally going to work at Forrester or will Thorne backroll her but only if it's part of Aly's Designs?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TobinAlbers said:
31 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Eight months ago he was in love with Brooke, the only woman for him. The woman he destroyed two marriages to the same woman -her sister- for!

On this show, Sally could be THE ONE this time next year.

But...but...it's Steffy, it was ALWAYS Steffy!!! And always will be, yougotthat??? (oops wrong soap LOL)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, they finally found a great love interest for PF to have him up & leave. When he came back he looked really good with the touch of gray. I guess Sally comes back and finally puts Thomas in the rear view mirror. I'm still not sure who she will end up with. They don't really have young guys for her. There is Liam & Wyatt. Then there are the "old" guys like Thorne & Bill. It's slim pickin's for a half hour show.

I thought Sally and Bill had smoking hot chemistry.  I'd love to see her hook up with Bill and it totally chaps Hauxdi's artificially enhanced ass.  Hauxdi doesn't stand a chance against Sally.  I loved it when Sally would call Stuffy, "Princess".  One step further, Sally blackmails Bill.  Pay up or Sally goes to Detective Hotdog and spills all of Bills sordid secrets and details.  Deliciously Spectra!

• Love 5

How many times can TIIC go to the well with testing ones devotion with marriage desolvement.  Eric threatening Quinn with divorce until Quinn proved she would walk away with nothing.  Now Bill wants Stuffy to sign the annulment papers to force Liam to make a decision about their marriage.  In addition,  Liam tried to annul his marriage to Stuffy once before so he could marry Hope.  Stuffy wanted to be divorced instead but signed the annulment papers anyway.  Than Liam ripped them up and waited the 6 months to marry Hope. 

What does it say about Stuffy who can tell half truths and has no problems living with deceptions?  Rhetorical question. Stuffy is a Botox using black hearted self serving entitled miserable witch. 

• Love 6

It looks like Quinn is in storyline limbo land. Once she got to married to Eric she got very dull. Of course, in daytime you can’t stay happy for long but I wonder what is next for Quinn? 

• Love 5

If these writers pair Sally and Bill, I am truly done forever. He destroyed her building with her and Liam under it, tried everything he could to destroy here business so he could buy her building/lot, she had a strong relationship with Thomas, etc, etc. Don’t EVEN try to go there, writers. 

• Love 9

my prediction: it will be Liam waffling over Hope and Sally, while Stufy is married to Bill, when Bill realizes he really does love Brooke and wants her back.

or Sally will end up with Thorne

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

If these writers pair Sally and Bill, I am truly done forever. He destroyed her building with her and Liam under it, tried everything he could to destroy here business so he could buy her building/lot, she had a strong relationship with Thomas, etc, etc. Don’t EVEN try to go there, writers. 

The problem is hooking former enemies up is this show's bread and butter-

Bill hated Brooke, then fell for her.

Quinn hated Liam, then fell for him.

Ridge hated Quinn, then fell for her.

The show is due for another hate turns love coupling. Bill seems like a good chance of being one half of the coupling. He has his pick between Ridge, Sally, Quinn, and Hope. They'd never give us Ridge and Bill but I can see them doing Bally.

Or they reveal Bill is Sally's father and not the deadbeat dad she and Coco believed was their dad. It shifts things for Bill into a new possibly redemption story if we find out he was a bastard to his unknown daughter and he is moved to make up for it. It also would parallel Liam raising a daughter as Bill finds his. If they do that then bringing Sally back along with her mother to pair with Bill could be the way to go. Sally's mother would also be age appropriate for Thorne and Ridge so that could be the plan if they want to go there. She'd have to be a vet soap actress and a red head (or just have the actress say she dyed her red hair a different color for some reason).

• Love 4
Just now, ByTor said:

LOL @TobinAlbers I thought you meant Luke & Laura but had a typo...then wondered when it was revealed that they were bother-sister.

Oh, that is FABULOUS! If that were the case with Lucky and Lulu they'd be GH's modernized Flowers in the Attic!

Rewatching eps this week and DD is trying to do what he can for Bill in this mess. The beat where he processed Taylor's confession and the look of relief and joy on his face when he realized Liam didn't try to kill him was a nice touch. And then with the flip of a switch he went back to contempt and anger and rage at Taylor.

• Love 4

For quite a while Liam tried to be an Eggo; but alas, a waffle by any other name is still a waffle. Stuffy and Bill eat waffles for dinner.  My waffle has a first name it's 
L-I-A-M, my waffle has a second name it's S-P-E-N-C-E-R. Stuffy is throwing shit out to Liam, and Liam's ears are full of syrup. 

Stuffy and Bill could sell Liam a bridge in Brooklyn. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

The show is due for another hate turns love coupling. Bill seems like a good chance of being one half of the coupling. He has his pick between Ridge, Sally, Quinn, and Hope. They'd never give us Ridge and Bill but I can see them doing Bally.

I agree, it won't happen, but it would be something different.  I think Bell is the biggest problem with the show.  He doesn't have his parents' talent, he can't write anything new that's interesting, and he's actually managed to ruin the old SLs in the process.

• Love 3

I came here kinda mad and kinda angry, and majorly bummed about the state of Show, and I see this:

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, CountryGirl said:

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.6dd0586ae92a567a44b387adcdb7650c.jpg

And everything was suddenly so, so much better!

I just absolutely fell in love with this lady, and the character she portrayed. Could it be that they listened to our pleas? Heard our anguish? I don't know and I don't care, because I will get down on my creaky old knees and fucking grovel for this bone. The only downer is Sally's reappearance means something happened between her and Thomas. Of course I am assuming she is back for a SL. Or two. Or three. Or ten. Whatever they are going to give I will gladly take, cause like my mommy always said "never look a gift horse in the mouth". 

Oh, and that is a totally rocking picture of Courtney. 

Bill has already offered door's number one and two, so now he is offering Steffy door number three. Wow. This is so nothing more than a further attempt to make Steffy a victim. Big Bad Bill is blackmailing her. She is going the distance for her family. This peppy little heroine will sacrifice her life of happiness with Liam to save her mom from prison. 

Stuff and nonsense I say. Bill may be treating Steffy badly, but it would have to matter to me in order for me to care. And once again, Steffy is not telling Liam the truth. She is letting him think that this was her decision. Oh, right, she has to, otherwise Bill will send Taylor to prison. Come the fuck on! No judge would send Taylor to prison for putting a bullet in Bill's ass. She would probably get time served, and be sworn off ever handling a firearm again or something like that. 

I would like to send out a big fuck you to Show for making me feel bad for Bill. Bill is a jerk. Bill is a classic ass hat. A bully. In many ways, a true barbarian. But Bill is most assuredly not a rapist. Bill did not take advantage of Steffy. The only violation that occurred in Eric's guesthouse that night was that of a wife of her husband, and father of his son. Having a true assault in my personal history makes me a bit prickly about this kind of thing. Let's move on folks. Stop insulting those that have lived the true ordeal of sexual assault. 

I am liking Hungry Hope. It suits her so much better than the saccharine sweet version we were first served. I also have not one fuck to give that she is working it. She learned from the best. 

Brooke can step off with being shocked that Hope is utilizing her sharper edge. As much as I love Brooke, I know that her past efforts of "supporting" and "helping" Ridge after Taylor's deaths may have come from genuine compassion and caring, but they still had an angle. And girlfriend wasn't above giving Ridge some lip service during his time of grief. 

I thought the Liam is free party was a bit much. I know lots of honest, decent, loving people who I could never see shooting someone. But I don't think they would be acting like they were given a private session with the Lord, and had been granted a second chance at life. 

Watching Steffy and Taylor at Cliff house was mesmerizing. Those lips. Those cheekbones. Those arched eyes. Those foreheads that resemble sheets of arctic ice. And that emoting! Liquid tears at the ready please!

Jacob Young has been changed to recurring? I am shocked. Rick is such a pivotal character. But we are keeping Karla Mosley? Seems like she is going to be Hope's bestie now. Maybe they will hook Maya up with Thorne. 

SHALLOW NOTES

Loved Hope's California casual look today. And her hair looked really nice; so much like KM used to wear hers. 

I liked Steffy's hair also. I am quite picky about braids, but they did a good job of making them look feminine and not like someone's German great grandmother. And I am pretty much loving Steffy's entire pregnancy wardrobe. Positively slams the stuff she normally wears. 

For some reason I have been finding DD looking incredibly sexy lately. 

Loving Thorsten's spikey new do. 

Brooke has been looking stellar for some time now. I noticed her hair was shorter and brighter today, and thought it looked great. And I am loving the casual blouses and slacks she has been wearing. Only Kelly Lang could take something so basic and mundane and make it sexy. 

How sad is it to see Hunter and Kelly on screen together again. When you consider they are probably pretty close in age, and you look at how beautiful they both were as young women, and how beautiful one of them remains today, it is just plain sad. Of course KKL has had work done, but I consider her efforts enhancements, done with a delicate hand, where HT's look more like a complete face transplant done by blunt force trauma. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11

I would love to see Rill. They would make the ultimate power couple and a force to be reckoned with. I would definitely tune in for that.

I am dating myself, but did anybody ever see the movie, "Tommy?"  There is a scene where Ann-Margret and Oliver Reed are urgently singing to young Tommy, "You didn't see it. You didn't hear it.  You won't say nothin' to no one ever in your life." The young boy immediately does deaf, blind and "dumb." That reminds me of the theme of the past weeks.  I fully expected to see Liam walking around in dark glasses with ear plugs and a ball gag.  Too bad they can't stunt cast/tap Roger Daltrey for a cameo as Liam's therapist!

If I can find the clip and it isn't too long, I'll post it.

I am about to brace myself to go watch today's show. I take it that Lippy is gone for good.

Hauxdi: "Mother. You.have. toget. help.:

Lippy: "Mwaffhh... I aurlgyey will do shhooff so. I ......... pro ... om ... miss."

• Love 5
14 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Watching Steffy and Taylor at Cliff house was mesmerizing. Those lips. Those cheekbones. Those arched eyes. Those foreheads that resemble sheets of arctic ice. And that emoting! Liquid tears at the ready please!

Seeing how I live in the land of Arctic Ice, Stuffy's and Taylor's face don't resemble anything like the frigidly beautiful picture of Alaska's frozen Matanuska River shown below (taken from my personal files) and more like poorly applied dryway by illegal immigrants constantly looking over their shoulders for the border police to haul them away.

Alaska 021905 resized 052.jpg

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I think Bell is the biggest problem with the show.  He doesn't have his parents' talent, he can't write anything new that's interesting, and he's actually managed to ruin the old SLs in the process.

The worst part of it is, Bradley Bell is still heads and shoulders above most of his peers. I'll take 10 Bells over another Malcolm Young or Jill Farren "Steve Burton is My Second Husband" Phelps any day. While B&B is a shadow of what it was, I recognize everyone on it. Y&R OTOH....

I think if he were to do his SIL Maria Bell a solid and bring her in as co-producer, it would do the show some good. Per her Wikipedia page, she created the original Saily and while she was on Y&R, she did attempt to draw on legacy characters more often that not, with Chelsea being the one notable exception. With Brad in charge, there's no danger of characters being axed off left and right and half the cast is already as big as liars and sociopaths as Adam Newman, so it's all good ?

• Love 7

The problem is hooking former enemies up is this show's bread and butter-

Bill hated Brooke, then fell for her.

Quinn hated Liam, then fell for him.

Ridge hated Quinn, then fell for her.

As loathe as I am to admit it, Bally would be the most palpable of those options. He didn't ruin Sally's life to the extent of Hope's; no matter what Bill has done, I never want to see him hook back up with his son's rapist, and I shudder to think of Sludge slicking Bill with oil in a "love scene."

So Bally it is, I guess.

22 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

My waffle has a first name it's 
L-I-A-M, my waffle has a second name it's S-P-E-N-C-E-R.

??????

On 2018-04-18 at 2:34 PM, Blondie said:

I just can't get over Taylor's face.  What the hell did she do to it?  It's freaky the way her mouth moves and nothing else.

Her mouth moved??

LOVED Brooke’s hair cut!!  So very flattering.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

The worst part of it is, Bradley Bell is still heads and shoulders above most of his peers. I'll take 10 Bells over another Malcolm Young or Jill Farren "Steve Burton is My Second Husband" Phelps any day. While B&B is a shadow of what it was, I recognize everyone on it. Y&R OTOH....

I think if he were to do his SIL Maria Bell a solid and bring her in as co-producer, it would do the show some good. Per her Wikipedia page, she created the original Saily and while she was on Y&R, she did attempt to draw on legacy characters more often that not, with Chelsea being the one notable exception. With Brad in charge, there's no danger of characters being axed off left and right and half the cast is already as big as liars and sociopaths as Adam Newman, so it's all good ?

None of the writers currently working on soaps understand the medium, and a lot of them don't have any respect for it.  There are no Douglas Marlands or Agnes Nixons around anymore.

I wish Bell would just end the two triangles that will not die.  Triangles have always been a part of soaps, but at some point they end.  I still think Bell should have left Taylor dead.  Put Ridge/Brooke together, and move them on from the on again off again stuff.  Let Thomas, Phoebe, Steffy, Hope, Rick, Bridget, RJ, and Allie take over.  Only Rick never dated his nieces.  Thomas never dated Hope.  They could still do good twin/bad twin with Phoebe and Steffy with Hope being the peacemaker.

I was hoping for more with the who shot Bill SL.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I was hoping for more with the who shot Bill SL.

I expected nothing and I was still disappointed.

The most irritating thing about this show is the wasted potential. Out of ten grandchildren including Hope, two of the four adult grandaughters are dead, Thomas pretty much floundered around for a decade with various levels of creepy,  and they barely even tried with RJ or Zende aka Liam 2.0. I doubt well ever hear from Dino or Logan until Bell decides we need a revival of the Marone clan for May sweeps.

• Love 8

Correct me if I'm wrong, but let's say Bill later decides to turn Taylor in for shooting him...maybe Stuffy doesn't do whatever he demands, for instance and he follows through on his threat...couldn't he be charged with something himself?  Like impeding a police investigation?  Or prosecution?  Clearly I'm not a lawyer...and I don't play one on t.v....but it just strikes me as wrong that he, too, could be breaking the law but somehow holds all the cards.

• Love 1

@A-Lo,  Well, IDK about that but using logic, why would the cops even believe Dolla? Did he record the confession? He already fingered Ridge then some guy he didn't recognize. He's not terribly credible. If all he has is an uncorroborated confession he's not breaking any law by not telling the police. It's not his job to find the shooter. 

• Love 4

Well, Bill did say the shooter was some guy he didn't recognize. So the police could conceivably charge him with obstructing their investigation. ** Because now the police are looking for a tall-ish, lanky man - not a crazy woman who thought he molested her 30 year old daughter. :-)   

I don't think he had any actual obligation to tell them, either when it was Liam confessing or Taylor but he did flat out lie to them when he thought it was Liam.  

** Conclusion based on 20 plus years of faithful L&O viewing. 

• Love 12