Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Sherlock and Watson in the alley behind the convenience store getting intel from the down on his luck Santa Claus was quite the comedic scene.

I was laughing so hard at them. They're really bad at writing detective scenes on this show, aren't they? SK was doing his best to make it work, but was it was just an edited outline of a story that we were getting. I'd rather have few more minutes of dialog than upcoming scenes of Stuffy looking pissed at Liam and Ivy kissing.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

RJ and Luna aren't married, so I don't see why it's such a big deal that Zende slept with her.  In soaps world, this is a misdemeanor.   

Luna was still a virgin just like three months ago. So I'm guessing it is a huge deal to her.  And from Zende's perspective, that's his cousin's girlfriend who literally just told him, like an hour or so earlier, that she was in love with and committed to RJ, and had no interest in Zende in that way. 

Now, personally, in my family, we don't bang each other's significant others just because there's no marriage license yet. Even if they weren't monogamous, you should generally keep that shit outside the family. 

All of the factors involved in this should have meant that Zende slowed things down and had a conversation with Luna before having sex with her. 

52 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

He should be giving tips. He was very successful and came out smelling like a rose.

The writers have the formula down to a science.

I almost want to play.

After Finn leaves Stuffy, maybe she and Deacon can find each other. Of course for Stuffy it would be just to spite Hope.

"Now, see, Zende, RJ is too young to have erectile issues, but, if you get lucky, maybe he'll get into an accident, or he'll get sick and need a med that fucks with his ability to get hard. Then you've got a clear path to meet Luna's needs." 

And if Steffy didn't become a more and more obnoxious character by the minute these days, Steffy and Deacon probably could have been hot. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Luna was still a virgin just like three months ago. So I'm guessing it is a huge deal to her.  And from Zende's perspective, that's his cousin's girlfriend who literally just told him, like an hour or so earlier, that she was in love with and committed to RJ, and had no interest in Zende in that way. 

Now, personally, in my family, we don't bang each other's significant others just because there's no marriage license yet. Even if they weren't monogamous, you should generally keep that shit outside the family. 

All of the factors involved in this should have meant that Zende slowed things down and had a conversation with Luna before having sex with her

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, as am I, and I still don't think it's that big of a deal.  Also, this isn't real life; this is a soap opera.  There needs to be drama.  

If Luna and RJ truly love each other, they'll work things out (even though I think they're too young for "forevah" love). 

• Applause 1
4 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

After Finn leaves Stuffy, maybe she and Deacon can find each other. Of course for Stuffy it would be just to spite Hope.

Never mind Hope. Can you imagine Ridge and Brooke's reactions? 🤣

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, as am I, and I still don't think it's that big of a deal.  Also, this isn't real life; this is a soap opera.  There needs to be drama.  

If it's not a big deal, then how is it going to provide drama? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

This isn’t real life? Are you telling me that B&B isn’t an accurate depiction of the L.A. fashion or social scene? Is this why everyone looks at me funny when I describe Los Angeles as a small, dystopian aristocracy where beautiful, heterosexual people are forced to find mates within their own families? The recreational drug of choice is MINTZ and detectives get paid in hot dogs. If that’s not true, I don’t know what to do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 17

RJ and Luna aren't married, so I don't see why it's such a big deal that Zende slept with her.  In soaps world, this is a misdemeanor.   

If this was all it was, I'd agree. This is typical soap stuff. However, it also involves Luna's lack of consent. She was drugged, she wasn't able to give consent. Bold writers love the 'ol 'misunderstanding' situations that aren't really misunderstandings. Zende was sober and knew something was up, knew Luna wasn't into him in any way and still had sex with her.

That's where my issue lies with this storyline. Not that sex and cheating happened but rather the how of it. And the writers could have easily avoided the issue, it's not that difficult. Have Luna torn between these two guys. She's with RJ but can't deny she's also attracted to Zende. One night, she and Zende are talking and boom they have sex. What does she do? She wants both guys.. Now that's some drama without the rape-y vibes.

I'd be down for that! If it means removing Deacon from the whole Sheila thing, I'm good.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Zende was sober

Was he? I thought he had been drinking at the party. Even a little alcohol can lead one to make poor decisions. One drink and it's, screw the diet, I'm having french fries.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

I'd be down for that! If it means removing Deacon from the whole Sheila thing, I'm good.

Quinn pushed him off a cliff. Quinn proved to be no match for Sheila. While Deacon may think that Sheila is in danger, I'm more concerned about the danger that Deacon may be in associating with Sheila.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I always thought that when Steffy was in her black leather/motorcycle bad girls days, she and bad boy Deacon would have been hot together.

Now? Not so much. Although she's calmed down, she's become too bitchy and judgmental, and Deacon has been successfully neutered by Sheila. No fun. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Zende was sober and knew something was up, knew Luna wasn't into him in any way and still had sex with her.

I doubt he was completely sober since he had been drinking as well.  He "knew something was up" when he found Lunamint in his bed?  Perhaps he was thinking that she finally realized that it was him she wanted.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

That's where my issue lies with this storyline. Not that sex and cheating happened but rather the how of it. And the writers could have easily avoided the issue, it's not that difficult. Have Luna torn between these two guys. She's with RJ but can't deny she's also attracted to Zende. One night, she and Zende are talking and boom they have sex. What does she do? She wants both guys.. Now that's some drama without the rape-y vibes.

This. Or since the writers love to throw around "misunderstanding," there could have been an actual misunderstanding (one that didn't involve a woman drunk/medicated/drugged enough to think she was with someone else) like Luna seeing RJ with one of the FC models and misinterpreting what she saw as something inappropriate, so she falls into bed with Zende. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 5:35 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

Hey, someone actually focused on Luna’s feelings today! Brooke was right to point out how problematic the latest misunderstanding night was; too bad the show won’t own it. It never does, and it’s gross how often the writers go back to that well.

For all that Brooke can annoy me, it's moments like this that gives glimpses to the version of the character people fell for four decades ago; one who can give empathy for others, especially given her own experiences with assault (acknowledged by canon or not).

I do wonder if it was something KKL pushed for because the way this show is written, I don't think Bell came up with it himself.

On 4/27/2024 at 12:13 PM, SweePea59 said:

Maybe Hope's long lost older half brother can return. As his mother is not related to anyone on canvas, Little Eric would be open to date not just Steffy, but Luna, Paris, Ivy, Sally if she ever returns to B&B or the next most perfect intern they hire to replace Luna. Bonus points if Becky Moore had another sibling who had kids and he brings a cousin for Liam to get a fresh start with. Lord knows the gene pool on this show could use some depth at this point.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 6:51 AM, hypnotoad said:

Literally, that's ALL they had to do! And it's so easy! But they always dip into the rapey non-con well over and over and over and over again. And the PR team damn well knows what fans think of it because the last time they did it with Liam and Steffy hooking up after Thomas drugged him, they had Scott Clifton doing damage control as soon as the spoilers came out, in large part because of the reaction fans had the last time they gave him that story less than three years earlier.

When the show did this in 1988, three hundred episodes into its run with Ridge and Caroline, it could be slagged off as "soapiness" because it hadn't been done to death yet. But if people were having any of that shit back then, they wouldn't have had to have Caroline backtrack to say she knew it was Ridge the entire time after all.

Either treat the subject with the weight it deserves or stop using the trope at all.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Bonus points if Becky Moore had another sibling who had kids and he brings a cousin for Liam to get a fresh start with.

Minus points if Little D brings Amber back with him.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Minus points if Little D brings Amber back with him.

I never saw her on B&B, but just reading about her in SOD back then, I had this visceral dislike of her. I saw a little bit of her when she did a guest stint on Y&R, and it did zero to change that gut reaction I had about her. So, yes, please keep her far away. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I never saw her on B&B, but just reading about her in SOD back then, I had this visceral dislike of her. I saw a little bit of her when she did a guest stint on Y&R, and it did zero to change that gut reaction I had about her. So, yes, please keep her far away. 

I kinda liked Amber on Y&R but mainly in her scenes with the late, great Jeanne Cooper.  But then I missed most of her other misdeeds. Soaps need schemers though. If she could get under Steffy's skin, then I'm all for a visit. 

• Like 2

NINE TOES!! NINE TOES!! NINE TOES!!

I’m shocked that Sheila is still alive. Shocked, I tell you! 

The weather here is chilly & crappy, so seeing my beloved $Bill warmed my heart. But, it’s entirely Liam’s fault that he’s a waffler, sorry to disagree, $Bill. 

Speaking of, every time Liam, or another character, mentions his “waffling”, I’m taking that as a shoutout to our beloved board. They’re trolling us hard. Should we leave a wishlist?? 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I wish they would have written the Sheila reveal as actually surprising. This Hardy Boyz mystery was written as though they never ever watched even one detective show on tv. And it was so rushed. And, pet peeve, scenes so barely lit that you can't see shit.

But I guess this part of the story isn't about Sheila at all. It's really about Stuffy and her pending marital implosion. 

It was nice to see $Bill today. I'm glad they dropped the who's-Luna-tictac's-daddy story line. And it seems like $Bill got over his dopey infatuation with Ploppy.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

I’m shocked that Sheila is still alive. Shocked, I tell you! 

But is she? That could be the real corpse of Sheila, since according to Deacon's blathering, she's been there for weeks! Who's been feeding her? Making sure she gets water? I mean, didn't Kimberlin say she was leaving the show?

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But is she? That could be the real corpse of Sheila, since according to Deacon's blathering, she's been there for weeks! Who's been feeding her? Making sure she gets water? I mean, didn't Kimberlin say she was leaving the show?

KB is supposedly negotiating a new contract. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2

I was hoping Ivy would be back before everyone finds out Sheila is alive. I just wanted one scene of her finding out Steffy killed her and saying to Steffy "oh, you got another one?" 

Everything about the Deacon/Finn scenes today was unintentionally hilarious, including the big nine toes reveal. Meanwhile, Steffy's Sheila senses were tingling. 

I'm waiting for the scenes in, what a week or two, where Liam is explaining to Bill that waffling between Ivy and Steffy is an entirely different thing than waffling between Hope and Steffy. Entirely different! 

Between the preview of Steffy getting all snarly over seeing Ivy kiss Liam, and Finn all "mom! mom!" over Nine Toes, I'm thinking we can pretty much call time of death on the Sinn marriage now. Maybe he should be the one who gets together with Ivy. She's the non-Botoxed, no Sheila baggage version of Steffy. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
(edited)

The Boys are Back in Town is now stuck in my head. 

Deacon was utilizing all his skillz to get to his girl, while Finn gave up the ghost and became 100% invested and was far more animated than Deacon. 

Whether Sheila is alive or not is kind of a moot point. What will matter is that Steffy didn't off her, and that Finn went on a search to find Nine Toes. If she is alive, Finn's happiness will send Steffy around the bend and running straight to Liam, who will be busy kissing up Ivy. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4

Sean Kanan is SO wasted on this show. Why can't he ever play a character that wins? Either way, I'm still rooting for him. But why, why, WHY for GOD's SAKE does he have to be in wuv with that monster?

• Like 3
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm waiting for the scenes in, what a week or two, where Liam is explaining to Bill that waffling between Ivy and Steffy is an entirely different thing than waffling between Hope and Steffy. Entirely different! 

Lol. Yes, but has Liam ever waffled between three women all at the same time? Maybe he'll be upping his game.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
19 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

She also pushed Ivy into the Seine.  Good times!  Quinn is a pusher.

Quinn was a much more fun villain than Sheila. Take some notes, Sheila - push Steffy off a cliff. There's one right there at her house. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7

So I see Liam “I’m doing self reflection” lips has landed on the next available woman..could Liam be the center of Hope/Steffy/Ivy??

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ivy looks like she hasn't aged a day. But I have to ask, what's wrong with her, kissing Liam like that? He doesn't deserve her. What bad karma is she working off if she's gotta be with Liam? Poor Ivy.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

While it was good to see Ivy, that was a new low for writing. Hi, how are you and oh, you were one who got away and now that Hope's out of the way...

Sheesh, at least go out for a drink first. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dispatch from The Land Of Missing Dress Shoulders...

Is Finn a real doctor or does he just play one on TV ?? Don't either one of these Sheila rescuers have a working cell phone ?? STAT, call for the fire department to cut off the chain and an ambulance to rush the lady to the ER, hydrating her on the way. 

Ivy, luv, welcome back.  ♥️   Liam is no longer a waffle...he's the whole dang pastry shoppe !!

Each time I wonder if the writing could get worse, the answer is a resounding YES. Save Deacon, please. He's the only reason I watch. Except to see Steffy lose every d**n thing in her life.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1

Deacon’s restaurant has a special new dish on the menu. It’s called Roasted Crow. Deacon should be serving a large helping to Stuffy but she is not apt to eat crow. 

It’s great to see Ivy once again. She looks fantastic but her taste in men suck. 

Deacon and especially Dr Finn, why are you both there with thumbs up your ass and haven’t called 911?  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I was hoping Ivy would be back before everyone finds out Sheila is alive. I just wanted one scene of her finding out Steffy killed her and saying to Steffy "oh, you got another one?"

Nothing has changed, Steffy did get another one.  Just not the one she thought she got!

Liam can't be single for five minutes, can he?  

How long has it been in Show time since Sugar was killed?  Could anyone besides that cockroach Sheila survive that long without water?  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I couldn't decide if Steffy was acting because she's bothered by Hope's friendship with Finn or because she wants Thomas to not have the option whenever he returns, but the one thing that was not on her mind with that whole "Hope, how are you, anyway? Want to get back together with Liam?" conversation was Hope's happiness and well-being. It was  probably some combination of wanting to keep her away from Finn and Thomas. 

Steffy and Finn's next scenes should be interesting. First, she'll be ranting and raving about Ivy and Liam kissing, and then he'll be all "hey, remember how we all thought you killed my mommy? Well, you killed someone else, and Deacon and I hit the streets and found her, nine toes and all, in a warehouse and saved her life. When do you want to have her over for dinner?" 

9 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Ivy looks like she hasn't aged a day. But I have to ask, what's wrong with her, kissing Liam like that? He doesn't deserve her. What bad karma is she working off if she's gotta be with Liam? Poor Ivy.

As I watched today, I realized exactly what was going to happen. Ivy is going to get the exact same storyline she had last time. She and Liam will get together, and, right when things are starting to look serious, Finn and Steffy's marriage will fall to pieces. Then the dumbass is going to dump Ivy for Steffy again. Let's hope Ivy gets out uninjured this time. Although Liam conking his head and ending up thinking he's married to Sheila would be hilarious. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

How long has it been in Show time since Sugar was killed?  Could anyone besides that cockroach Sheila survive that long without water?  

In the episode before last, IIRC there were chip packets and soft drink cans strewn around where Sheila was sleeping. They looked newish, so I presume Sugar left her some junk food to 'survive' on before she was stabbed. Sheila might have had enough to get her through until the rescue.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Ashleigh Brewer looks damn good! I felt so bad for her when she was telling Liam how she thought about him all the time, because I am sure he hasn't given her a passing thought since she left LA. 

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47hj08j68foiv90ovoacb

It is called a cellular phone; a portable device designed to help you keep in touch while on the go. It can also be used in emergencies, like when you find your kidnapped momma/girlfriend changed up in an abandoned building. 

I am going to lay bets that Sheila isn't going to know who either of them are. Her normal reaction at seeing Finn would be "Finn! You came to save me you do love me!" That was a pretty toned down reunion for Sheila. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Yep. Wait for it. "Finn! You love your mother after all!" This will go on and on and on. Finn called Sheila "Mom," HE saved her. This is so tiresome. The only redeeming point is that Steffy's head will explode.

Ivy looked great but I was disappointed to learn she's been pining after that soggy waffle for all this time. I would kind of like it if Ivy ended up with Finn. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I would kind of like it if Ivy ended up with Finn. 

Hmm...I don't know Ivy (stopped watching years ago), but what about...Deacon? That is, if he can cut himself lose of that barnacle called Sheila.

• Like 2

I think the story is going to go that in an effort to subdue Sheila, Sugar knocked her over the head. That will either cause amnesia or will have knocked the crazy out of Sheila. Either way, she will be a victim with no memory of who she is and what she has done, or she will be a new person and no longer a psycho. 

Sheila has long since passed her use by date, and in order to keep her around they need to do something different. And what would be more different that a redemption SL? 

I am not really down for it either way and was hoping the character had been laid to rest forever. 

But if they redeem Sheila, and Thomas is gone, we have no villain on board. Well, unless you consider Steffy and her sloppy papa. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Steffy wants a Lope reunion to take Hope out of the running for Thomas when/IF he returns. 

How annoying that ANOTHER beautiful and successful woman couldn’t get Lame out of her head. I find it highly irritating. 😠  Per Hope Liam seems to suck in bed so what is it??

Liam  says he’s ended two major relationships - STEAM ended YEARS ago, Steffy has a whole husband and toddler son. I wouldn’t count that in the least. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 8

Ivy Ivy Ivy you are a much needed beacon of light to this otherwise very dreary rabbit whole TPTB are going down. Fanatic smile, amazing blue eyes, and a sexy accent.  What more can be asked for but, for me, Ivy has gotten a little too skinny.  Ivy’s face was much fuller in the flashback. Liam, are you that stupid that you couldn’t see or didn’t want to see what Ivy was laying down?  How many time did Ivy lean forward to give you a good look at she needed you to do. Ivy was eye fucking you and you didn’t even respond.  Did you see the scowl on Stuffy face when she saw Ivy and Liam.  Stuffy can’t even believe, even for a second, that she is always large and in charge. 

Speaking of stupid, there is Deacon and Finn. Why would they be asking Shiela questions instead of rushing her to the hospital. Severe dehydration cannot be cured by a small bottle of water.  

• Like 7