Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Wyatt didn't have one single problem manipulating Hope to steal her from his brother.  He didn't have a problem working Steffy to get him to marry him two seconds after Liam disappeared.  NOW he has issues with being dishonest?

Better late than never, I guess. I hope it sticks, but I won't hold my breath.

7 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Before Taylor rushes off to Brooke's house, maybe she should stop by LAPD and have a word with Det. Sanchez.  She can confess that she shot Bill Spencer in the back.  THAT would set her daughter free from $Bill's manipulation.

That would mean Taylor actually owning up to the fact that her golden Halo is cheap brass. And she got away with roping one daughter into a criminal cover-up before. At least this one is a skilled liar.

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hope is pathetic. A retread engagement ring, a hand-me-down wedding dress, and a reheated waffle of a groom on the rebound. I think the only way it could be worse is if she wore some of Steffy's spare hair to the ceremony.

???????

I'm so dead right now! God, when you put it like that, it makes Katie's raggedy red ribbon that she wore for months seem stately in comparison!

4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

He's afraid of not having ice cream but also can't decide if he wants vanilla or strawberry and flips between the two so much that they're both melted messes that has turned sour so that neither option is appetizing or worth it anymore. 

That's the best analogy ever to describe this hot mess.  It could easily apply to the original ToD, but even till the late 2000s, they were allowed the occasional break from fighting over Ridge to fighting over Nick. ?

I've ranted before that Liam has Ridge's waffling and none of Ridge's charm or sense of fun that would make someone want to put up with his indecision. I'd compare him to Archie Andrews, but even he (well, his Riverdale counterpart) is able to stick to one girl for a whole season. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Don’t hate me.

LOL never!

7 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Any time one of these idiots starts talking about how so and so would have been married years ago except for (insert lame pathetic excuse here), I just roll my eyes.  The reason the guy married someone else is because he wanted to

giphy.gif

• Love 4
(edited)

Dc8a7s-VMAAbwxO.jpg

Well, Taylor's hair looked better, and Brooke's 'do is still on point, but Lordamercy, their clothes stunk up the room.

Speaking of stench...as much as I enjoyed watching Brooke drag the Original Trifling Heifer's ass six ways from Sunday, especially her barb that "Steffy is interfering in her OWN marriage by sleeping with Bill," because THAT'S how much I hate that bitch, I really wanted both of them to look at each other and say, "Fuck this. Just because WE were stupid enough to chase Ridge like we were dogs and he was the only bone in town for decades doesn't mean it has to be this way for our spawn."

Then, they could have trotted to the cabin and took Waffles to task for the utter stupidity of asking Hope to marry him five seconds after he was thisclose to reuniting with his pregnant wife. If he's that lonely, he can get a dog. 

Also, every time he tried to open his mouth to spout some more nonsense, they could have done this:

tenor.gif?itemid=10498725

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 10

Any time one of these idiots starts talking about how so and so would have been married years ago except for (insert lame pathetic excuse here), I just roll my eyes.  The reason the guy married someone else is because he wanted to, and when that happens any women with any self-respect or self-esteem moves on.  They don't wait around for years hoping the guy will finally choose them.

I 99.362% agree with this. I also think that sometimes people make wrong decisions due to faulty or incomplete information. That seems to be how they're trying to cast Liam in this situation. It's b.s. though because even with Bill's lies and manipulation, Liam doesn't need to be zooming right into a marriage to Hope or any other woman in the wake of his annulment. This quickie wedding is all about soothing his hurt ego and punishing Steffy. Plus he knows he's got Hope under his thumb (with almost the least possible effort) because her ego relishes the thought of "winning" him over Steffy. Brooke's influence and desire for payback via her daughter doesn't help either. Ultimately, however, it's indeed sad that two otherwise intelligent, capable women allow themselves to be strung along for years by a guy who brings virtually nothing to the table unless it's provided by his daddy.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Plus he knows he's got Hope under his thumb (with almost the least possible effort) because her ego relishes the thought of "winning" him over Steffy.

This is what makes my blood boil.  He knows damn well that he can treat Hope however he wants & she will come crawling back to him whenever he deems her worthy.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Then, they could have trotted to the cabin and took Waffles to task for the utter stupidity of asking Hope to marry him five seconds after he was thisclose to reuniting with his pregnant wife. If he's that lonely, he can get a dog. 

Liam needs a Sassy Gay Friend to force him to 'Look at his life, Look at his choices'. I'd prefer this person to take the form of his male high school BFF (so they can stay and hit on all the men and be a love interest for Thorne) or his high school girlfriend that later came out to him as a lesbian but who he remained on BFF terms with before leaving to look for his dad.  Given the wedding planner's reaction to Liam marrying Hope, I could see the BFF back home seeing this pop up on their newsfeed and finally saying enough is enough to go find out WTH is going on with Liam by kidnapping/dragging his ass back home so they can deprogram him from perpetually bouncing around in this ToD.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I 99.362% agree with this. I also think that sometimes people make wrong decisions due to faulty or incomplete information. That seems to be how they're trying to cast Liam in this situation. It's b.s. though because even with Bill's lies and manipulation, Liam doesn't need to be zooming right into a marriage to Hope or any other woman in the wake of his annulment. This quickie wedding is all about soothing his hurt ego and punishing Steffy. Plus he knows he's got Hope under his thumb (with almost the least possible effort) because her ego relishes the thought of "winning" him over Steffy. Brooke's influence and desire for payback via her daughter doesn't help either. Ultimately, however, it's indeed sad that two otherwise intelligent, capable women allow themselves to be strung along for years by a guy who brings virtually nothing to the table unless it's provided by his daddy.

Steffy and Hope, like Brooke and Taylor have no self-esteem.  Also, with Taylor and Brooke if they stop blaming each other, and admit what Ridge really is, then they also have to admit they wasted their lives on a pathetic loser.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

This is what makes my blood boil.  He knows damn well that he can treat Hope however he wants & she will come crawling back to him whenever he deems her worthy.

Liam's a selfish jerk, but Hope doesn't have to be a doormat.

If any of these women want to be treated better, then they need to find a different guy.  Both Ridge and Liam have proven that the person they love most is themselves.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Liam's a selfish jerk, but Hope doesn't have to be a doormat.

In re-reading my post, I think my wording was misleading.  Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Liam, but I meant that Hope makes my blood boil because she keeps crawling back, confirming to Liam that he can treat her as poorly as he wants & she'll be right back whenever he snaps his fingers.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Hey, what happened to that cat he rescued way back when?

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

To add another Archie referrence, I came across a comic from the 1970s where Veronica actually stands up for Betty when Archie asks her out two seconds after Veronica turned him down, chewing him out for being so negligent to Betty's feelings. He comes right, dressing in a tux with a corsage and everything.

Which is it more effort than Liam has put with either Hope or Steffy, until Wyatt comes behind him for his crumbs. Then, he becomes like Cinderella's stepsisters, shitting bricks when they see their discarded items being worn by someone else.

• Love 3

I've been Team Brooke since day 1 and even though I can't stand Taylor, I have to say that everything she said to Brooke today made total sense.  If Liam and Hope's relationship is that stable, the new baby shouldn't do anything to change that.  Brooke looks super-desperate with all of her "The wedding will happen ASAP!" nonsense.

I worked with a crazy psychiatrist for a few years and the one sane belief he had was that "There are two events in life that should never be rushed...a marriage or a divorce."  Amen!

• Love 9

It's to bad they can't do flashbacks to Ridge choosing to stay with Taylor when he thought Bridget was his daughter, and Ridge choosing to leave Brooke when Taylor told him Thomas was his son.

If Liam and Hope had any kind of worthwhile, let alone stable, relationship neither Steffy nor anyone else would have ever been a threat to it.

I still think Bill and Steffy would make a better couple.

• Love 5

Steffy and Hope, like Brooke and Taylor have no self-esteem

Oh I think they have some self-esteem but it's largely based on what man they can claim (or be claimed by) over another woman. If the other woman is a long-time rival for the same man, even better. It's like winning an Olympic gold medal for these broads.

"There are two events in life that should never be rushed...a marriage or a divorce."

Maybe. I've long thought it should be harder to get married and easier to get divorced--if there are no children involved. But even then, I am not down with using children as chess pieces in grownups' games. Ultimately it's likely to be the kids who suffer the most and they'll probably carry the damage into their romantic relationships.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I've long thought it should be harder to get married and easier to get divorced--if there are no children involved.

On a side note, it's ridiculous that some state will allow you to marry at 16 but you cannot divorce before age 18, because you're considered too young to enter into a legal binding contract.. ?

4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

If Liam and Hope had any kind of worthwhile, let alone stable, relationship neither Steffy nor anyone else would have ever been a threat to it.

And that's the damn tea.

Arguably, they had a much better beginning foundation than he did with Second Option Steffy, but the fact remains that they were both on very different wavelengths about sex. If it wasn't Steffy with an axe to grind at both Hope and Bill coming between them, it would have been someone else. Hope and Liam both have some serious nostalgia goggles on here, and that's being kind.

4 hours ago, A-Lo said:

I've been Team Brooke since day 1 and even though I can't stand Taylor, I have to say that everything she said to Brooke today made total sense.  If Liam and Hope's relationship is that stable, the new baby shouldn't do anything to change that.  Brooke looks super-desperate with all of her "The wedding will happen ASAP!" nonsense.

I hope Taylor brought up the last insta-wedding Brooke set up for Lope, knowing Steffy was pregnant back then, and how well that turned out for Hope.

But still, Taylor is no better for wanting her kid  with a "man" pulling the same shit she has lived through with Ridge her entire adult life.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh I think they have some self-esteem but it's largely based on what man they can claim (or be claimed by) over another woman. If the other woman is a long-time rival for the same man, even better. It's like winning an Olympic gold medal for these broads.

Maybe. I've long thought it should be harder to get married and easier to get divorced--if there are no children involved. But even then, I am not down with using children as chess pieces in grownups' games. Ultimately it's likely to be the kids who suffer the most and they'll probably carry the damage into their romantic relationships.

One upping someone else isn't real self-esteem though.  If either of them had any self-respect, they would have shown Liam the door the first time he waffled.

29 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

On a side note, it's ridiculous that some state will allow you to marry at 16 but you cannot divorce before age 18, because you're considered too young to enter into a legal binding contract.. ?

And that's the damn tea.

Arguably, they had a much better beginning foundation than he did with Second Option Steffy, but the fact remains that they were both on very different wavelengths about sex. If it wasn't Steffy with an axe to grind at both Hope and Bill coming between them, it would have been someone else. Hope and Liam both have some serious nostalgia goggles on here, and that's being kind.

I hope Taylor brought up the last insta-wedding Brooke set up for Lope, knowing Steffy was pregnant back then, and how well that turned out for Hope.

But still, Taylor is no better for wanting her kid  with a "man" pulling the same shit she has lived through with Ridge her entire adult life.

Taylor and Brooke are fools.  I understood when Ridge and Taylor were first married why Taylor believed they had a chance, and why when Taylor returned from the dead the first time, and Ridge chose to stay with Brooke, why Brooke thought they could make it work.  After that though, they both became pathetic doormats.  Steffy and Hope don't even have that with Liam.  Liam, not for the first time, in the space of 24 hours bounced from Hope to Steffy to Hope.

For either Taylor or Brooke to actually give their daughters good advice, they would have to face the truth about themselves, and that will never happen.

• Love 4

Stuffy really doesn't know why?  Really Stuffy?  YOU RODE $BULL FOR A LOT MORE THAN 8 SECONDS.  Wyatt sees the Ferrari and it's like Liam who?  Stuffy what?  Personally, I would have settled for a Yugo to betray Stuffy.  

• Love 10

Both Brooke and Taylor need to take about a thousand seats. There are way too many reasons to try to list here. Oh, and have a serious talk with the wardrobe folks on the show. Or at least, look in a mirror. Then scream “NO!!!  I will not wear this on TV!! “ In particular, that outfit on Brooke was all kinds of hideous on a truly beautiful woman. I really don’t care what Taylor wears. Her face scares me. 

• Love 7

Brooke: You and Steffy need to get it through your plastic heads! Nothing will stop this wedding!
Taylor: Challenge accepted, you batsh!t hypocrite!

Wyatt can be bought off with a car. Of course. His brother is worth less to him than a car. Wyatt should drive that thing into the ocean.

These spumors that Steffy will show up at the wedding and go into labor are cracking me up. Didn't she just get pregnant a few months ago? Hmm, I guess a preemie birth would grab Liam's attention.

• Love 6

OK. Taylor did look somewhat better today when she was up and moving around at different camera angles. The new haircut also looks better than I thought but I still don't like the color. And I have to agree that she was speaking some logic to Brooke. She didn't say that Hope and Liam should break their engagement, all she said was that maybe the couple, especially Liam, need some time. Indeed, if the union is meant to be, it will stand the test of time. I was also very proud of her for managing to mainly hold her temper and not shriek or flap her arms or pull out a gun. (BTW, if that old revolver of Stephanie's is still around the house, Brooke would be well-advised to hide it.  BTW, where is that thing, anyway?)

Hope and Liam look like a couple of grinning idiots. I am so embarrassed for Hope in showing off that cast-off engagement ring. I guess Lame really doesn't have the bucks to spring for a new one. I think it's OK to wear your mom's wedding gown, but that's assumed under "normal/traditional" circumstances (e.g. your mom only has ONE wedding gown, not 25.) I sign everything everybody else has said about Liam. He is no prize. I think that most times, he's a whiny passive-aggressive milk toast wimp. You would think that being raised by a single mother that he'd have more insight into women and treat them better. At least Ridge (RM Ridge, that is) had some charisma and freely spent money on the women he was with. He also was a talented designer in his own right, even though he worked along with Eric. I still fail to understand how Liam went from computer geek to editor-in-chief overnight. (Well, I do, but writing and editing, art direction, advertising management, etc., take talent and experience, neither of which he possesses.)

Brooke has suddenly become a raging banshee. I was all OK with it when she was up in Hauxdi's face force-feeding her some hard and long overdue truths, but not this.  I half expected Brooke to come out and say that the baby would live under her roof with Hope and Liam and Steffy would have visitation privileges. Don't give her any ideas.

Wow ... I was just kidding when I thought that Bill would buy off Wyatt with that Ferrari. I don't know much about antique cars, but that ride didn't look all that impressive to me. It reminded me of one of those Datsuns from the 1970s.

I just want that damned kid to be born, the earlier the better. And I want for it to turn out just like Rosie's "surprise WTD" birth and the baby will have tons of thick black hair, so there is no question that Bill is the father. BTW, if I were Liam, I don't think a second opinion paternity test is a bad idea. This time, they would do it correctly and draw blood and not have to rely on half-ass samples gathered on the sly.  (I understand that even if Liam is the father, the baby could still have black hair, but the TIIC aren't that smart about dominant and recessive genes and how they transmit through generations.)

• Love 7

It's sad.  Taylor, Brooke and Bill are right about somethings.  Taylor is right that Liam is rebounding, and there is no need to rush into marriage.  Brooke is right that the horrible things Brooke did are not Hope's fault.  Bill is right when he says all four of them (Bill, Steffy, Liam and Hope) ended up with the wrong people a long time ago.  However, they then proceed to go off on tangents that have me thinking - are you people even listening to yourselves?

The main idiot in today's show was definitely Wyatt.  However, that scene with Katie, Liam and Hope was just painful.  The acting was horrible, and all three of them seem like they are trying really really hard to convince themselves that Liam and Hope getting married is the greatest thing ever.

• Love 7

It looks like Taylor missed the memo about fallen angels and tarnished halos. Yeah, she was absolutely correct in everything she said about Liam and Hope, but when it comes to Brooke, she can just shut it. And shut it real tight like. Taylor still doesn’t understand that she lost the moral high ground with Brooke years ago. Brooke most definitely has a rap sheet, but at least hers doesn’t list stuff like drunken vehicular homicide, and fucking with her teenage daughter’s head by making her keep quiet about it. It also doesn’t have the violation of every medical oath a doctor must take in order to become a doctor. Nor does it have anything about shooting people in the back because their daughter fucked that person. Taylor’s list or moral transgressions far outweigh Brooke’s, so she can keep her innuendos about Deacon to herself. Oh, and the fact that Brooke had an affair with, and a child by, her son-in-law in no way detracts from or minimizes what your heaux daughter did with Bill. So don’t even try to say Hope split up your daughter’s happy little fambly. Hope wasn’t even in the US when Steffy rode the Stallion like a Boss. And of course they have to make Brooke look as foolish and desperate as possible. What bothers me the most about all of this is that Brooke and Taylor really aren’t fighting for, or trying to protect, their respective daughters. They are just continuing the age old battle of moral superiority that has always existed between them. And it has nothing to do with Ridge and everything to do with Stephanie. Taylor has never gotten over Stephanie excepting Brooke, and wanting to be with Brooke, when she was ill and when she died. After years of functioning as Stephanie’s right hand henchmen, and being the benefactor of Stephanie’s approval and trust, she just cannot except what happened at the end. But what Taylor has always failed to realize is she was just a tool in Stephanie’s war with Brooke. Stephanie used Taylor to keep Ridge from Brooke, and if it hadn’t of been Taylor, it would have been another female that Stephanie deemed acceptable for her first born, and her greatest love.

Those scenes with Hope/Liam/Katie were indeed painful. Actually, all the scenes with Hope going on about her happy engagement were truly awful. My support of this union is limited to the fact that it gives Steffy all kinds of butt hurt. All the same; it is stupid and ill-timed, and just patently ridiculous.

Oh Wyatt. I think you are lost to me now. He just can’t see the forest for the trees. Bill doesn’t love you man. Bill is conning you and using you. Just think back to how he treated you and Katie. Ready to cut you out just like that. That isn’t love; that is control. And who wants a parent’s love if the only way you can get it is to do their dirty work? Please keep Sally away from Wyatt when she returns.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

One upping someone else isn't real self-esteem though.  If either of them had any self-respect, they would have shown Liam the door the first time he waffled.

Taylor and Brooke are fools.  I understood when Ridge and Taylor were first married why Taylor believed they had a chance, and why when Taylor returned from the dead the first time, and Ridge chose to stay with Brooke, why Brooke thought they could make it work.  After that though, they both became pathetic doormats.  Steffy and Hope don't even have that with Liam.  Liam, not for the first time, in the space of 24 hours bounced from Hope to Steffy to Hope.

For either Taylor or Brooke to actually give their daughters good advice, they would have to face the truth about themselves, and that will never happen.

This is why the original ToD needed to die after Ridge left to play Happy Family after Thomas was born. The triangle ruined them both, and even if we got a reprieve only because of Tylo's BTS demands....well, it worked. I started watching shortly before the twins were born and not knowing all their history, I bought that they were a stable, loving couple. Likewise, the focus game me a chance to be invested in seeing Throoke get together.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

Taylor has never gotten over Stephanie excepting Brooke, and wanting to be with Brooke, when she was ill and when she died. After years of functioning as Stephanie’s right hand henchmen, and being the benefactor of Stephanie’s approval and trust, she just cannot except what happened at the end. But what Taylor has always failed to realize is she was just a tool in Stephanie’s war with Brooke. Stephanie used Taylor to keep Ridge from Brooke, and if it hadn’t of been Taylor, it would have been another female that Stephanie deemed acceptable for her first born, and her greatest love.

The funny thing is, when Taylor arrive and first got engaged to Ridge, Stephanie was using Brooke and her recently discovered pregnancy with Bridget to come between Ridge and Taylor! Not so much because she thought Ridge didn't love her like he did Brooke (which she did) but because it was her shot to reunite with Eric.

She's been played like a fiddle.

h Wyatt. I think you are lost to me now. He just can’t see the forest for the trees. Bill doesn’t love you man. Bill is conning you and using you. Just think back to how he treated you and Katie. Ready to cut you out just like that. That isn’t love; that is control. And who wants a parent’s love if the only way you can get it is to do their dirty work? Please keep Sally away from Wyatt when she returns.

You'd think with Quinn as a mother he'd see this for what it is, but getting one over on Liam as Daddy favorite is like catnip to him.

• Love 6

Oh Wyatt. I think you are lost to me now. He just can’t see the forest for the trees. Bill doesn’t love you man. Bill is conning you and using you. 

You are so spot-on regarding the long-standing Brooke/Taylor rivalry, but I also had to comment on the Wyatt nonsense.

You really can tell Chicken and Waffles are brothers...they are both so desperate for love that they make the worst decisions.

Wyatt, letting a car (A CAR!!!!) sway him from doing the right thing.

Liam, not letting the ink dry on his annulment papers before's he's putting a ring (helpfully supplied by choosing-to-be-his-default/doormat Hope) on it.

They are seriously what Johnny Lee Miller was talking about with his "Looking for Love (In All the Wrong Places)."

Idiots.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

The funny thing is, when Taylor arrive and first got engaged to Ridge, Stephanie was using Brooke and her recently discovered pregnancy with Bridget to come between Ridge and Taylor! Not so much because she thought Ridge didn't love her like he did Brooke (which she did) but because it was her shot to reunite with Eric.

She's been played like a fiddle.

You'd think with Quinn as a mother he'd see this for what it is, but getting one over on Liam as Daddy favorite is like catnip to him.

Look at the memory on you, Anna Yolei!  You're able to remember that far back?  Whatever kind of memory enhancer you're taking, I want some!

• Love 4

My thoughts on Wyatt being bought by the car are a bit different. I think in Wyatt's mind, he knows that Hope & Liam are the real deal, & that if there was no baby, there would have been no chance that Liam would've stayed with Steffy once Hope landed on this side of the pond, $Bill 1-night-stand or not. I couldn't stand Hope most of the time in their OG TOD, but I always knew that Liam loved Hope, & cared for Steffy, cha cha cha. In fact, I think Wyatt's always known that Hope was Liam's lobster, which I think was why he went after Hope in the first place, to stick it to Liam for being $Bill's favorite. To me, the car was just the push he needed to keep his mouth shut.

In the years since his arrival, I do think that Wyatt has grown to genuinely love Liam, & consider him his brother & BFF, but I also think that Wyatt knows that in his heart, Liam wants Hope, & the only reason he was considering reconciling with Steffy was so that baby Faith wouldn't come from a "broken home", because, you know, this is the 1950s & all. 

Last thing, $Bill is nothing if not a truth-teller. Wyatt is far more like him than Liam, & they genuinely could make a great partnership. Liam is black or white; Wyatt sees the grey, just like Bill. Also, like the poster upthread, whom I'm too lazy to look up, he's right that Hope/Liam/Steffy/Bill all wound up with the wrong people for a while, & that even though this whole breakup of Steffy/Liam, & reuniting of Liam/Hope, which will likely lead to the actual relationship of Steffy/Bill, in many ways, it is righting wrongs. I've said all along, I love $Bill & can't stand Steffy, but I do think that they could be "destiny". Steffy won't be offended by his machinations, as long as she's not hurt, & if she goes all in for him, she'll be his ride-or-die. If & when they get together, they could truly be an unstoppable force, & that's coming from someone who thinks Steffy isn't quite good enough for him. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

And Taylor warned Stephanie that even if Brooke left Eric, Eric wouldn't return to Stephanie, and she was right.  Eric then proceeded to get involved with Sheila.

Stephanie brought Stephen back to town to keep Beth away from Eric.  Beth ended up giving Stephen another chance, and Stephanie arranged for Stephen to get a job out of the country.  Then the whole story about Angela (Stephanie and Eric's daughter) came out, and Eric once again was going to leave Stephanie, but she convinced him not to.  Eric agreed not to divorce Stephanie, but he said they were going to be married in name only.  Eric started going by Brooke's to ask about Beth, and eventually Eric and Brooke had an affair.  Years later Stephanie is going on and on about how Brooke stole Eric, blah blah blah, and no one sets her straight.  Eric also had several affairs before he met Beth again.  When Eric was going to leave Stephanie for Beth, he told Stephanie the only reason he had stayed with her all those years was because of the children.

Why Stephanie ever wanted Eric, Taylor or Brooke wanted Ridge, or Steffy and Hope want Liam, I will never understand.

I know they can't do flashbacks with RM, but they could show Brooke trying to get to Ridge and Taylor's wedding to tell him she is pregnant, and Taylor trying to get to Ridge and Brooke's wedding to tell him she is pregnant.  That should make both those idiots stop and think about what they are encouraging Steffy and Hope to do.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

Look at the memory on you, Anna Yolei!  You're able to remember that far back?  Whatever kind of memory enhancer you're taking, I want some!

Lol, I admit my memory is insanely keen, but that I have to credit to YouTube. ;) That was years before I started watching.

But there's a more recent example when Ridge disappeared right after Brooke saw the staged photo of Ridge and Bridget kissing and Stephanie claimed how she was so proud of Brooke for not being selfish by going through with the divorce. It stands out particularly well because that happened right before Taylor came from the dead, and Stephanie wasted no time catch Taylor up to RJ's paternity and the fact that Hope was not Whip's daughter and also tells Brooke "Lok j/k about that"

Great times.

@TigerLynx, thanks for filling in one of the few holes in my memory! Since there's so little from the 80s online, I wasn't sure if Eric had walked over Angela or something else entirely. Either way, she and Eric had been over since the day Felicia turned 18 and it took Eric leaving Steph for Brooke for her to realize it. But what did she expect, trapping a man with pregnancy and a baby that wasn't even his who had a woman he cared about? Did she know about the other flings he had before the Logans were a part of their lives?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

@TigerLynx, thanks for filling in one of the few holes in my memory! Since there's so little from the 80s online, I wasn't sure if Eric had walked over Angela or something else entirely. Either way, she and Eric had been over since the day Felicia turned 18 and it took Eric leaving Steph for Brooke for her to realize it. But what did she expect, trapping a man with pregnancy and a baby that wasn't even his who had a woman he cared about? Did she know about the other flings he had before the Logans were a part of their lives?

Yes, she did.  When the show first started Ridge was dating Caroline (they eventually get engaged), and Ridge and Eric were talking about marriage.  Eric told Ridge he had managed to stay married while having "romances/affairs" along the way.  More or less telling Ridge it was okay to cheat on Caroline if he got bored.  These guys are such prizes for women to fight over - NOT.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, grisgris said:

I think it's OK to wear your mom's wedding gown, but that's assumed under "normal/traditional" circumstances (e.g. your mom only has ONE wedding gown, not 25.)

The writers missed a golden opportunity here!  Brooke: "Hope, would you like to wear my wedding gown?" Hope: "Which one, Mom?"

15 hours ago, grisgris said:

I want for it to turn out just like Rosie's "surprise WTD" birth and the baby will have tons of thick black hair, so there is no question that Bill is the father.

Or this...

image.png.6f1253decb46d4a1b5548753545e167a.png

• Love 8
16 hours ago, grisgris said:

Wow ... I was just kidding when I thought that Bill would buy off Wyatt with that Ferrari. I don't know much about antique cars, but that ride didn't look all that impressive to me. It reminded me of one of those Datsuns from the 1970s.

I thought the line about the "'71 Ferrari" was just a throwaway so I was pretty shocked when they went outside and there it was.  I was even more shocked when they started touching it and someone actually drove it away.  A few years ago, those cars were selling for a cool million.  I wonder if BabyBell is showing off his latest ride.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

The writers missed a golden opportunity here!  Brooke: "Hope, would you like to wear my wedding gown?" Hope: "Which one, Mom?"

Or this...

image.png.6f1253decb46d4a1b5548753545e167a.png

LMAO to both...and isn't the dress the one Brooke wore for the latest GarBridge wedding? This wedding/marriage (if it actually happens) is already doomed and the cursed dress is just the nail in Lope's coffin.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

isn't the dress the one Brooke wore for the latest GarBridge wedding?

If it is, you & your memory win the internet! :)

• Love 3

Shut up Ridge, shut up Bill, and shut up Katie.

Yes, Bill, this is entirely Justin's fault.  All your lies and schemes have nothing to do with your current problems. {sarcasm}

Does Ridge not remember when Brooke dumped him to fly home, and try to stop Nick from being with Taylor (which didn't work), that he started dating Ashley, and got engaged to her.  Then Ridge got back together with Brooke BEFORE telling Ashley and ending their engagement.

Ridge, Katie, and Bill have about as much business giving people advice as Taylor and Brooke do.

• Love 4

When Wyatt sped off in the car, I thought for sure that he was going straight to Liam to tell him the truth. Instead, he talks to Katie who offers HORRIBLE ADVICE. When will anyone in either one of these families learn to tell the truth?! Liam should not marry Bope based on a false scenario and then find out the truth only to leave Bope and return to Slutty. How much more screwed up can this show get? Could I get a high paying job to write this show, please? Surely, even I could do a better job of it than the writers currently on salary. 

• Love 6

Ugh, I hate that Ridge is going to be proven to be right about Bill. Then he and Steffy will own Liam forever.

Can't say I completely disagreed with Katie today. Liam will never trust Steffy again and no one should have to live like that just because there's a child involved. Her Logan Family Sales Pitch for Hope and Liam was utter baloney though. She should want better for her niece. Much better.

• Love 8

Dolla wouldn't have stopped pursuing Steffy even if Liam had gone back.  Katie was right about him not ever trusting Steffy.  Dolla and Steffy really are suited in many ways but if they do manage to get together I think they might both underestimate how big a problem Ridge is going to be. Steffy does love her Daddy so he will be untouchable or Dolla will lose Steffy. Just thinking ahead because I'm pretty bored.

• Love 12

It doesn’t matter what Wyatt and Katie think about Bill, Slutty, Lame and Bope. It’s not their decision to make! If Wyatt has found out the truth about what his dad did then he’s obligated to tell his brother the truth. I’ve had other people in my life (won’t mention names or family affiliations) who thought they knew better than the people involved as to what was “best” for them and their futures. I’ve told all of them that it’s NOT their decision to make. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess that if anybody could write the book on how marital insecurity can mess with your head, it's Katie. While I think a lot of her advice to Wyatt was very clouded by family ties, it still all boils down to ... Steffy fucked her father-in-law ... knowingly and willingly. Plain and simple. Why it warrant the ongoing regurgitation and contemplation is boring and pointless.  Not only did Steffy do the deed, but she had full intentions of NEVER revealing it to Liam, she got too cocky (pun intended), was careless and got caught.

I also liked that Bill told that heifer some hard truths about herself and her manipulation of Hope and Liam's relationship and how she is second choice not Hope. I don't care what anybody says, I believe that Hope and Liam are true love. If Liam is so self-righteous about truth and morals and honesty, why did he ever get involved with that slattern in the first place? The fact that he wanted and she offered, easy sex, doesn't say much about his character.  If he was so immature and horny, he had no business being engaged to Hope in the first place.

I wish that Sludge would fall off the cliff outside of Steffy's house. His constant stalking, lecturing and guilting of Liam is starting to make him look deranged.  He can take his ex-Frakenwife with him.

I vote for Wyatt to keep his mouth shut.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, nkotb said:

My thoughts on Wyatt being bought by the car are a bit different. I think in Wyatt's mind, he knows that Hope & Liam are the real deal, & that if there was no baby, there would have been no chance that Liam would've stayed with Steffy once Hope landed on this side of the pond, $Bill 1-night-stand or not. I couldn't stand Hope most of the time in their OG TOD, but I always knew that Liam loved Hope, & cared for Steffy, cha cha cha. In fact, I think Wyatt's always known that Hope was Liam's lobster, which I think was why he went after Hope in the first place, to stick it to Liam for being $Bill's favorite. To me, the car was just the push he needed to keep his mouth shut.

In the years since his arrival, I do think that Wyatt has grown to genuinely love Liam, & consider him his brother & BFF, but I also think that Wyatt knows that in his heart, Liam wants Hope, & the only reason he was considering reconciling with Steffy was so that baby Faith wouldn't come from a "broken home", because, you know, this is the 1950s & all. 

Last thing, $Bill is nothing if not a truth-teller. Wyatt is far more like him than Liam, & they genuinely could make a great partnership. Liam is black or white; Wyatt sees the grey, just like Bill. Also, like the poster upthread, whom I'm too lazy to look up, he's right that Hope/Liam/Steffy/Bill all wound up with the wrong people for a while, & that even though this whole breakup of Steffy/Liam, & reuniting of Liam/Hope, which will likely lead to the actual relationship of Steffy/Bill, in many ways, it is righting wrongs. I've said all along, I love $Bill & can't stand Steffy, but I do think that they could be "destiny". Steffy won't be offended by his machinations, as long as she's not hurt, & if she goes all in for him, she'll be his ride-or-die. If & when they get together, they could truly be an unstoppable force, & that's coming from someone who thinks Steffy isn't quite good enough for him. 

Well said.  There's no reason for Wyatt to tell Liam the truth and start yet another chapter of drama between him and Steffy.  Hauxdilox fucked her father-in-law; you can't walk that shit back.  Especially when you're talking about a relationship like Liam/Steffy.  The only thing they have is 'cha cha cha', Bob Hope and truffle fries.  Do they ever have a conversation about anything other than themselves and how much IN LOOOOOOOOVE they are.   The conversations between Liam and Hope may be inane and boring but they do manage to talk to each other.  Liam and Hope share the same values, they want the same things out of life.  Hauxdi keeps using that baby as bait but what's going to happen when the baby finally arrives?  How's she going to feel when Liam is focused on the baby and not on the Great Steffy Forrester?  Especially since 'cha cha cha' is probably out of the question with memories of his wife and his dad dancing in his head.  Being bribed by a Ferrari is sleazy, but Wyatt's been sleazy since the minute he arrived.

• Love 8

I think the only reason why Liam was going back to Steffy despite his distrust of her was for the baby. When Wyatt confirmed what he suspects will happen again between his father and his former wife, it just made it easier for him to walk away.

If the show truly wanted to be shocking, they would have Liam find out the truth and not giving a damn because he was relieved.

Too bad. I would like that. A lot.

• Love 12

Whatever Liam's reason was for returning to Steffy isn't as important as the fact that he was going back to Steffy.  That is one of the many reasons Hope should not want to be with Liam, and if Brooke and Katie really cared about Hope, they would tell her that.  Also, everyone keeps bringing up Aspen, but what about all the other times Liam/Hope failed.  Taylor is as bad as Brooke and Katie.  Taylor should not want Steffy to be waiting around for waffling Liam.  They keep talking about what a wonderful future Liam could have with Hope or Steffy, depending on who is doing the talking, but how happy a future could anyone have with a guy who changes his mind every other day.

What are the chances Steffy gives Bill a chance, somewhere down the line Wyatt or someone else tells Liam what Bill did.  Liam waffles again, leaves Hope, Steffy leaves Bill, Liam and Steffy get back together, and everyone is fucking miserable?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Her Logan Family Sales Pitch for Hope and Liam was utter baloney though. She should want better for her niece. Much better.

Mind you, Katie was happy to greenlight HFTF just to spite Steffy.

She may be getting the good D now, but Katie's never played with a full deck.

2 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

Dolla and Steffy really are suited in many ways but if they do manage to get together I think they might both underestimate how big a problem Ridge is going to be. Steffy does love her Daddy so he will be untouchable or Dolla will lose Steffy. J

As someone pointed out earlier, Ridge loves Ridge more than anyone else and he's a prideful son of a bitch. 

This isn't Steffy's first rodeo with the Bronco, and back in the early 2010s, there was the double whammy of him being married to Katie AND his ownership of FC, but Ridge didn't act like a complete loon then. In fact, I seem to remember Taylor being the heavy lifter in discouraging that relationship (and probably blaming Brooke for it somehow).

What changed? He lost Brooke, and unlike the other times she walked away from a relationship, he had nothing to do with why Brooke left Bill. He didn't get into her headspace, she didn't wake up in love with him again, and she didn't immediately run back to him.

And you can bet his ass is still chapped by it--not for any love for Brooke, but because he lost.

Coming between Still is the one place he can still stick it to him. If Ridge cared about children knowing their fathers, he'd have disclosed Douglas's paternity long before he did. Watch--the minute Phoebe II is Bill's, Ridge will be dancing that Liam is the better father anyway. And shitty waffle that he is, that won't be wrong. But still intellectual dishonesty by Ridge.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

The only thing they have is 'cha cha cha', Bob Hope and truffle fries.  

Now wait, they have little plastic army men, too.

Has Brooke been wearing some sort of judo blouse?

• Love 4

I actually took Katie's reasoning on why Wyatt shouldn't tell Liam, as her speaking from her experience.  The paranoia and crazy she got when she was thinking Bill and Brooke were carrying on behind her back, she knows she was bonkers and doesn't want Liam to have to live through the same hell wondering is she or isn't she  and she's kinda right. (I think, well I just hate Steffy so that could be some of the reason I agree with Katie......)

• Love 11

If Liam can't or doesn't want to forgive Steffy, and wants a divorce that's his choice, but rushing into marriage with Hope is a bad idea.  The fact that so many of these people have their own agenda, and it has nothing to do with what will make Liam, Steffy or Hope happy, is exactly why they need to shut it.

Who picked out those outfits for Taylor and Brooke?  I can now say that Taylor and Brooke are not only to stupid to live, they can't even dress themselves.

• Love 4

I don’t disagree that Liam and Slutty would be a disaster if they reconciled. The point I was trying to make is that it’s Liam’s decision to make about his life and his future. If he did go back to Slutty, he’d regret it in the end. But he should be able to have all of the facts in order to decide what to do with his life.

• Love 3

I predict that the Lope wedding won't happen.  In all my years of soap opera viewing, if a bride is seen in her wedding gown before the actual wedding itself that usually means buh-bye to that ceremony.

• Love 3