Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Bell don't let us down. Most of us want to see that stupid smile/smirk/doe eyed expression wiped off Maya's face when Nicole refuses to terminate her rights.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news with regard to this, but the actress is completely incapable of any other expression - so even when Nicole decides to keep the kid, Maya will look exactly the same.

Thomas is supposed to be viewed as this young, handsome, irresistible scoundrel, right? But look back at the last few pages - the most frequently applied descriptives are nasty, and skeevy.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em and Thomas is icky, skeevy, stalkery and plain gross. The writers would be much better off changing this around but making this about him trying to avoid his real sexuality.

I want the Ivy who came to town back.

• Love 12

Whew! I was relieved to discover that Ivy didn't go through with sleeping with Thomas.

Not much else positive to say about the day's show, otherwise. Zende and Nicole bore me to death. It's a toss-up as to which one is the worse actor. I see that the wardrobe people are already starting to make Nicole look a bit tired and puffy in the face.

• Love 6

I hope this Ivy/Thomas crapola unleashes Quinn to go all ape shit crazy on Thomas. I miss Quinn the Crazy.

Just read an interview by Bell where he said he'd like to try and weave a Syrian refugee story into the show. I'm sorry, and YMMV, but I don't watch this show for that kind of story. For me, soaps are escapist times that allow one to get away from the horrors of daily life. Plus, I think using such a political and controversial issue would be just plain stupid.

Oh, lord, they'd address that topic with the subtlety of a nuclear detonation going off in your neighbors' house, the way they did for both the illegal immigrant characters they've had, every story they've done for Maya (pre and post retcon), and Stephanie's cancer.

Just no.

• Love 3

Ivy...what in the name of sanity happened to you? You hated it when  Stef tried to come between you & Liam but you're okay with playing Thomas along doing pretty much what Steffy did to you...except that Steffy really cared about Liam. Thomas just wants bragging rights about how he got you. Meanwhile Wyatt thinks you are loyal. Shame on you honey.

Nicole...Zende...don't care...Maya & Rik....care even less....sadly I'll miss Quinn & Deacon...rest of this show...not so much.

I can't watch this cr*p anymore....guess I'm counting on you guys to continue to keep me entertained. Show sure doesn't.

• Love 9

With the way Bell writes a transgender story I would hate to see how he would write a refugee story.

If he does go there will Maya suddenly become a refugee or will the show have a new flavor of the month?

Soaps just need to stay away from heavy stories. They just suck at them.

• Love 7

I am counting down the days to when Nicole realizes how much more cushy her position could be if she became the Forrester matriarch (never mind that she's all of 19-20 years old).

I can see her now, rubbing her burgeoning belly, flashing back to various scenes with Rick - the one they shared at the dr's office (that has to mean something down the road), other scenes I'm envisioning of him feeling the baby kick, rushing around to get her ice cream. She looks up at the portrait and voila, Maya's face is replaced with her's. 

Maya will live to regret the day she strong-armed her teenage sister into carrying her husband's child or so I hope.

• Love 11

Bell must love his Waffles. First Liam and now Ivy is out waffling Waffles.

Thomas could be the second coming of Adonis for all I care. His sleazy actions and dark soul makes him ugly as sin.

In a sence, Bell already has a refugee story with Zende. Wasn't he adopted from some poverty stricken African nation? I rather see Bell recast Hope. This way we can watch Liam's and Wyatt's head explode. Plus, for added entertainment, Steffy's head explode. Ivy's head will only explode because she will find out how much she was played by Wyatt.

Yes yes yes. We can have another exploding head when Maya's portrait is replaced by Nicole's.

• Love 9

This show is going down the toilet.  It truly irritates me that Bradley pulls this "we're related, but not really since Ridge isn't a Forrester" crapola whenever it suits him.  He has done this several times.  1)  When Rick was feuding with teenage Thomas over Amber and Caitlin, instead of "Uncle and Nephew sleeping with the same woman" it was "Stepbrother vs. Stepbrother" since Ridge and Brooke were married at the time.  2)  Rick sleeping with both Phoebe and Steffy, his nieces.  But it was supposedly OK, because they were just stepsiblings and "not really related".  And now 3) Ivy and Thomas.  Who are cousins.  And it's even worse, because even though Ivy and Thomas are about the same age, Ivy is actually first cousins with Ridge.  So Ivy is more like Aunt Ivy to Thomas.

When Bradley does this "oh we're not blood related" thing, it really denigrates the thousands of adoptive parents out there who adopt a baby and love that baby and consider the baby "theirs", even if there is no blood bond.  Eric raised Ridge and thought him to be his biological child for 40+ years, and it's absolutely ridiculous that the family would think it is ok for Ivy and Thomas to get together.

I am so fed up with this show that I only half pay attention.  Has anyone on the show even addressed the fact that Ivy and Thomas are cousins?  Has Ridge even expressed any disgust about it?  I seem to think he thought it was OK for Thomas to pursue her, even though she is his cousin/aunt.

Z is for Zende, as zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.    Truly a waste of airtime.

• Love 12

Once again, when it comes to women, Thomas proves that he's got about as much dignity and respect for boundaries as Maya does re Nicole's womb. According to Thomas, the only real relationship that matters is marriage? By his standards, if the shoe was on the other foot and Wyatt was in Thomas' place & he was pulling the same shit on Ivy that Thomas is now, since she's not married, it doesn't count? Fuck off & die, Thomas. Or just die, period.

Zende's not my favorite character, either, but at least he doesn't make me want to kill my TV everytime I see him, unlike Thomas.

As for Ivy, maybe she should have had her epiphany about not wanting a serious relationship now before her involvement with Wyatt, not during. For all Steffy's numerous faults, at least she knows what/whom she wants- for now, anyway.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 13

As for Ivy, maybe she should have had her epiphany about not wanting a serious relationship now before her involvement with Wyatt, not during.

Exactly. And if she does realize this now, she needs to tell him. The "only engagement and marriage means commitment" thing is getting more annoying by the day. If Ivy is as free and non-committed as Thomas says she is, then why is she so afraid to tell Wyatt? She could just tell him "We're not married or even engaged" if it were so true.
  • Love 8

I love Ma & Pa Avant so much. Anna Maria & Obba are the best. Just the two of them talking in a motel room is enough for me.....

Pa:  "Oh good, you can talk to your sister and then she can blame me for everything wrong in the world."

Ma:  "Oh, Julius you know that's just the whiskey sours talking."

I LOL'ed and so did Obba. He was supposed to be laughing as Julius but the way he bust out laughing, it was definitely Obba laughing!!  Best part of today, for me.  

• Love 17

Round 1 to Wyatt but this is not over by a long shot. Thomas is like the Terminator in pursuit of Sarah Connor. He will never stop until his missions is complete. Round 2 to ???

Now we know why Eric still allows that horrible portrait of Maya to stay on the wall. It seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Steffy is looking better with less hair and her new color tones town the harshness of the Botox.

• Love 5

How can Ivy walk away from Wyatt and the giant piece of pie he gave her???

I asked myself the same thing! In my world, pie outranks just about everything. And the size of that slice he gave her confirmed my belief that Wyatt is an unapologetic hedonist. Gotta love that!

I love Ma & Pa Avant so much. Anna Maria & Obba are the best. Just the two of them talking in a motel room is enough for me.....

Pa: "Oh good, you can talk to your sister and then she can blame me for everything wrong in the world."

Ma: "Oh, Julius you know that's just the whiskey sours talking."

I LOL'ed and so did Obba. He was supposed to be laughing as Julius but the way he bust out laughing, it was definitely Obba laughing!! Best part of today, for me.

Scenes like that are why I think B&B stands head and shoulders above the last remaining soaps, and why I can be patient with it and often give it a pass when it does something stupid. It's those intimate, human moments like the one you described that other soaps have abandoned in favor of plots and special effects better suited to a Liam Neesen movie, but B&B still does it well.

Having said that, I was thinking about something stupid that B&B has done recently, and that was killing off Aly. Seeing where things are now, it occurred to me that Aly's death has had absolutely no repercussions for any other character, nor did it give any story any kind of momentum. Ivy, Liam, Steffy, et.al. could have gotten where they are right now in any number of ways that wouldn't have involved losing Aly. That was a real waste and a total misfire, B&B!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 15

Don't get me started about Aly. I thought Delia's death on Y&R was meaningless Emmy bait (it still is) but there were plots that still affect the story, if only in stupid lackluster ways like dragging out the reveal of Adam out over a year.

Now,it's Aly who? Even Ivy doesn't mention her now that she's got creeper rapist cousin Thomas panting after her.

• Love 9

Spencers vs Forresters football game, which team was Deacon on? lol 

Love Bill for still shading Hope pointing out she's not there, so lets forget about her tradition.

I enjoy that the entire cast can do a Thanksgiving episode all in one scene.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 10

Quinn doing the candied-yam choo-choo train to Wyatt made my day!  I love when she embarasses him in front of everyone.

I think I like this new tradition.  It's sweet without being too sappy.  It's about the only thing I can be thankful to Hope for!

• Love 7

I didn't rage today. I thought almost everything was sweet. Admittedly I'm enjoying the more pleasant exchanges between Mumma/Papa Avant and Maya. At any rate, I'm glad that Maya and Julius put down the knives for two days. I believe he loves her and did the best he could. I hope the parents become regulars because they are a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately this happier dynamic won't last if they have to side with a child if/when she decides not to gift them her first child. Julius did well today, and I enjoy his playful banter with AMH.

I could've done without Caridge reminding each other that it's their baby again. Raise the kid and shut the hell up already.

I could've done without the foursome bringing up the surrogacy/greatest gift evahhhhh/strongest and bravest little peacock. I would've been happy with a bit of foreshadowing if Nicole was like, "I'm thankful for the life that I'm bringing into the world."

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 4

I haven't watched since Thomas made the bet with his Bratz doll sister.  Please someone tell me that Ivy did not fall for that disgusting skeeve-ball's flattery!!! 

Either way, why is Brad Bell doing this to Ivy?  And to Ivy and Wyatt?  Why has this show become nothing but crappy triangles and WTD stories?   Ivy, Wyatt, Deacon and Quinn running a rival fashion house would have been so much more interesting that whatever the hell they're doing with the Taytots.  Thomas really does need to DIAF.

Just read an interview by Bell where he said he'd like to try and weave a Syrian refugee story into the show. I'm sorry, and YMMV, but I don't watch this show for that kind of story. For me, soaps are escapist times that allow one to get away from the horrors of daily life. Plus, I think using such a political and controversial issue would be just plain stupid.

I do, too.  And he'd forget about her/him in about five minutes anyway, just like Dayzee and Bev.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news with regard to this, but the actress is completely incapable of any other expression - so even when Nicole decides to keep the kid, Maya will look exactly the same.

Hee!  And so very true.

• Love 5

Hey excuse me why didn't anyone tell me about this earlier???

tumblr_inline_nyf5ghATz51sgdjxu_1280.png

I realise I've been offline for a while but let's not confuse the issue with facts here.

Also the burgundy shirt he was wearing in Tuesday's show was very nice.

Happy Thanksgiving, pilgrims! Enjoy your turkey!

• Love 11

Don't like to see Ivy aways digging her hands in her hair when she is "emoting" . The Avants are coming off as real people, hope they don't try to change them a whole lot. Thomas ......well, he's the biggest turkey of the lot, would like to press a cream pie in his smug ugly mangy bearded face. YAY now i get to see caroline rub her belly throughout the whole scene.

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 5

Seriously, a night with ImposterRidge would probably be the very opposite of hot. I wasn't a fan of OriginalRidge but this new dude makes him look like a freaking bag of charisma.

I'd take $Bill any night of the week. Seriously. Any night.

Me too! Me too! I want $Bill too! Had to delurk to say that. Looking forward to catching up and cussing out.

How can Ivy walk away from Wyatt and the giant piece of pie he gave her??? Sure Thomas is being skeevy, but I blame Ivy even more. In the words of Nancy Reagan, just say no!

That quite depends, what kind of pie?

• Love 3

Another week of suckitude. Joy. More bump rubbing, talking thru clenched teeth, discussions of the greatest gift/most amazing sacrifice, waffling from any number of characters, and the list of badness goes on. The only reason I watch is for the snarking.

And I forgot. Maya can't go a day without taking a dig at her father. "I'll never forget the hateful things you said in this house." Between her nastiness at the table and Caroline all but rolling her eyes while Thomas was talking and praising her, I almost raged. Caroline keeps telling Ridge to get it together, but she really needs to.

In Melb, they're just at the point of Ivy going to Eric to help get her job back. So early October episodes are airing for them now. It's comical to talk to my bestie. She hasn't had the joy of watching that disgusting IUI procedure that shouldn't have been aired in such detail.

• Love 6
AussieBabe, on 29 Nov 2015 - 7:32 PM, said:

Another week of suckitude. Joy. More bump rubbing, talking thru clenched teeth, discussions of the greatest gift/most amazing sacrifice, waffling from any number of characters, and the list of badness goes on. The only reason I watch is for the snarking.

I'm bored with "the greatest gift/most amazing sacrifice" Forrester production of Babes in Arms.

And I forgot. Maya can't go a day without taking a dig at her father. "I'll never forget the hateful things you said in this house." Between her nastiness at the table and Caroline all but rolling her eyes while Thomas was talking and praising her, I almost raged. Caroline keeps telling Ridge to get it together, but she really needs to.

Neither of them seem to be able to behave civilly on any occasion. It's All About ME! 

It was Thanksgiving, a large family gathering and Maya had to remind her father of his past transgressions to drive the point he was the guest at the Forrester mansion, and had no formal or paternal authority -- something Julius seems to presume wherever he goes or whomever he speaks.  Maya's not entirely in the wrong -- Julius' behavior at her wedding was deliberately hurtful and disruptive. On the other hand, his trying to intervene with Nicole becoming Maya and Rick's surrogate was legitimate concern for his idiot daughter, but Maya has decided any opinion of Julius to be bigoted and out of line with her own.

As far as Ridge and Caroline are concerned -- They don't know when to shut up or walk away from inquisitors. Yacking incessantly about the origins of Our Baby is unnecessary, and only draws attention to their lousy excuses and outright lies. 

In Melb, they're just at the point of Ivy going to Eric to help get her job back. So early October episodes are airing for them now. It's comical to talk to my bestie. She hasn't had the joy of watching that disgusting IUI procedure that shouldn't have been aired in such detail.

My sympathies.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3

Is she spoiled concerning her upcoming episodes? Just curious if she's asking you what's to come so she doesn't end up angry like the rest of us :)
  • Love 2

Is she spoiled concerning her upcoming episodes? Just curious if she's asking you what's to come so she doesn't end up angry like the rest of us :)

She has no clue what's coming! The surrogacy idea has been presented, and she's already upset with the writers for even asking that of Nicole.

She did ask about the video and whether anything has come of it on our screens. I was like nope! Ivy walked around calling Steffy a murderahhhh for nothing, and Ally's death served zero purpose. That was a waste of airtime.

Fortunately Foxtel gives descriptions on the guide for the next few weeks, so if she reads ahead, she'll get an idea of what's happening and won't have to rage like we are now. I told her that she might want to stop the DVR, though. :-)

• Love 5

The only soaps I still watch occasionally are B&B and Y& R. Both of them have become so incredibly stupid and poorly written that they're on their way out too. I do come here to read your comments and catch up although I really don't know why I care. Guess it's because soaps were part of my high school/college/adult years at home raising children. Times have changed so maybe it's time we all let the soaps go by way of the dinosaurs. 

• Love 4

She did ask about the video and whether anything has come of it on our screens. I was like nope! Ivy walked around calling Steffy a murderahhhh for nothing, and Ally's death served zero purpose. That was a waste of airtime.

I'm still bitter.  Way to make the death of a legacy character count, show. Does anyone in the family even remember she ever existed at this point? 

• Love 10

Wow, who made Steffy of all people the morality police. BTW, that outfit she was wearing (half wearing?) was ridiculous. Looked as if she had forgot to put on a skirt.

Watching Dominatrix Bratz lecture someone on respecting relationship boundaries almost (almost) made me want to chuck my wine glass at the TV. Good thing I don't believe in alcohol abuse. ;)

If the writers hadn't removed Ivy's brains and sense of dignity, she'd realize Thomas is full of shit.

This fakakta show.

• Love 10

The only soaps I still watch occasionally are B&B and Y& R. Both of them have become so incredibly stupid and poorly written that they're on their way out too. I do come here to read your comments and catch up although I really don't know why I care. Guess it's because soaps were part of my high school/college/adult years at home raising children. Times have changed so maybe it's time we all let the soaps go by way of the dinosaurs.

Slight tangent, but I've heard the decline of soaps get blamed from everything from reality TV to the OJ Simpson trial, which did interrupt daytime scheduling to the point that my local CBS affiliate pushed Y&R back to 3 PM (and likely B&B, ATWT and any other soap that was still on the air in 1994 was shuffled as well)

Hell, people thought scripted TV in general was on the way out, what with nearly 30 percent of all new TV shows being reality shows that primiered in 2004. But writers changed. Shows started taking more risks with their characters. Can anyone think of any major show today without ANY kind of serialization that was produced after 2000? You can't, because TV has moved on from that.

Likewise, the remaining shows need to figure out the things that worked that can be continued and the things that don't work anymore and figure out how to compete. B&B is finally moving closer to the 21st century with a trans character being married to a core character (but still no gays!) and have thankfully shifted focus away from Brooke and Ridge, but now we're left with a younger cast with....well, nothing to care about. They're all awful except Zenda;like Ivy before him and Hope way, way before her, I'm sure Brad Bell is looking to fuck that up as I type this.

• Love 6

I'm still bitter. Way to make the death of a legacy character count, show. Does anyone in the family even remember [Aly] ever existed at this point?

Mind you, Phoebe was the fruit of HRH Ridge, the Crown Prince of Entitlement and her death was used as the most horrible excuse possible to bring about Steffy and Rick, and only been brought up since for Steffy to remind Hope that she has no living sisters.

Lord knows I'm sick to death of how Cassie's death (read: Lynn Marie Latham's shortsighted decision to let the actress playing Cassie go) has been milked out for the last ten years even after the actress has been brought back, but that death has had long reaching effects on the characters on Y&R. Summer and Faith would not exist if Cassie had lived and Nick and Sharon found some other excuse to be fuck ups and cheat on/divorce one another.

By Aly? No. As someone else mentioned a few posts ago, she didn't need to die to bring about Wyvy or give Steffy some non-Liam related story or any of the nothing stories we've gotten in the past four months or so since.

• Love 7
B&B is finally moving closer to the 21st century with a trans character being married to a core character

But the way they've gone about it I think has been arguably heavy-handed. I wonder how JY feels about having his character basically reduced to carrying Maya's purse?

• Love 2

You'd think they were trying to skin Ivy as tight as they had her hair pulled up on top of her head. It make her look a foot taller than Wyatt. Skeevy Toms' hair had a bouffant  look as well.Honestly, am getting so done with this Ivy/Tom nastiness .I had to fast forward most of their scenes together because they are just so nauseating. And I agree Steffy looked like a whip slinging dominatrix with those high thigh boots and short short skirt..shouldn't be classified as office wear unless you have a "special" kind of office. Oh well, at least I don't have to see one tear Brook and Ridge pine after each other again.....for now. Same old stories only different characters.

Boo. Hiss.

• Love 7

Why does Puffy need all of the "bells and whistles" for her wedding to Beady Eyes? Isn't this the third time she is marrying him??? They're on pace to go for the Ridge/Brooke record.

So, our only hope is that, down the road, Steffy will be reduced to Liam's sounding board as he marries Hope's future namesake niece?  (As long as it's not the Rayacole baby...) 

• Love 2

Does Thomas ever hear what he is saying? Bringing Wyatt down by saying that his father doesn't even respect him. I got news for you Thomas, Ridge has more respect for the warehouse guy than he does for you. Thomas, you should be giving Steffy love lessons? WTF!

Thomas, you confuse Lust with Love and he thinks if you can't be with the one you lust than lust the one your with.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 4

But the way they've gone about it I think has been arguably heavy-handed. I wonder how JY feels about having his character basically reduced to carrying Maya's purse?

Oh, I agree that it wasn't the best way of writing it for sure. But did anyone expect B&B of all shows that took till 2013 to acknowledge that gays exist IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY to take this mantle on?

I'll take that over the embarrassment Y&R has become where every veteran character left is at best a shadow of their former selves...except Sharon and Neil who are both Emily Stewart levels of batshit.

• Love 2

As always, Thomas shows what a worthless & hypocritical piece of shit he is. Last time I checked, attraction, passion & temptation weren't love. Just because Ivy's got the hots for Thomas, that doesn't mean that she's in love with him. As for Thomas' claim that he "really likes" Ivy, he really liked Caroline too, and look how that turned out. About Thomas' belief that Ivy's being attracted to him is telling him something, it tells me that he's a selfish asshole. BTW, Tommy, about your throwing shade at Wyatt & $Bill's relationship, at least $Bill can stand the sight of Wyatt- who, unlike you, didn't violate/impregnate the woman his father loves.

Re Steffy, she has about as much right to judge Thomas & Ivy's morals as Thomas does to judge Wyvy's relationship. Maybe I might take her outrage more seriously if she hadn't done way worse than Ivy in the past few months alone.

• Love 12