Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I can't stand Ridge and Caroline right now.  But especially Ridge.  He walks out of the room anytime anybody discusses "his" baby.  Yeah, like that's normal.  Caroline freaks out over any mention of the baby, not as much as Ridge, but she still looks like a deer in the headlights.  Yeah, that's normal too.  You don't have to be Beady Eyes and his Spencer power of cousin intuition to realise something is wrong.

I am all for Brooke exposing the truth.  Yes, it is absolutely none of her business.  But I am all for anything that causes angst for Ridge.  When was the last time Brooke had a real storyline?  Honestly, Bradley truly has no idea what to do with her anymore.  Is this the longest she has been without a guy in the history of the show?  Looks like they are moving her and Eric back together, but it also looks like Bradley couldn't care less about her.

Thomas is gay, isn't he? Hence the overcompensation?

Thomas is a creep, but to be fair, much of the "Thomas is gay" talk centered around the appearance and mannerisms of Adam Gregory.  The long standing rumour is that Bradley was going to make Thomas gay, and that Adam Gregory quit in response.  I think it hit a little too close to home perhaps.  So we had Creep Thomas with Drew Tyler Bell.  Gay Thomas with Adam Gregory.  And now back to Creep Thomas with this new one.

• Love 4

Most of the main story lines right now revolve around the younger cast. I would also like to see the more seasoned cast utilized too. Somebody above made a good point about Brooke going for quite awhile without a guy. She seems to be relegated to a character only on the periphery. I mean her story line doesn't have to be about romance but maybe something corporate. Then there is Quinn and Deacon, Bill and Katie too. The older characters bring more nuance to the show. I don't get why the writers seem to be ignoring them. Seems like it would make for a more well rounded show.

• Love 5

I'm imagining that Thomas has a few old desiccated Boinkberries in a corner of his wallet, saved from his island interlude with Brooke. Just in case the "right" opportunity comes along. And I fear that Ivy might seem like that opportunity. If they don't seem effective, he'll go for some modern chemistry, and we've seen that scenario recently.

• Love 2

I guess these days "Spencer" is the new "Logan."

Oh how I would've liked to have seen Rick react to that not "really" related conversation.

So if there was a spare room for Sir Creeps-a-lot in the main house, there really was no reason to make Aly give her room to Nicole.*

I didn't see the credits, is Thorne gone from them ?

* I haven't forgotten what a dick you were Rick. 

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 7

So the Forrester mansion is back to being Eric's place? I thought Rick and Maya were firmly ensconced as lord and lady of the manor? Whatever, I guess that means Rapey T. McRaperguy can easily slip into Ivy's room in the dead of night. Oy.

These writers are some shit. Betting you can steal somebody's girlfriend and making it a game like Cruel Intentions...just no.

All they need to do to make it worse is start using Bittersweet Symphony as Thomas and Ivy's theme song. KMN.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6
RuntheTable, on 18 Nov 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:RuntheTable, on 18 Nov 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's show; any day I am spared the mention of sacrificial, virginal pregnancies, and jerking off, and turkey basters, and sperm head counts, is a good day. And the sneaky little show, coming in through the back door to address some of the issues that have viewers scratching their heads. First with Ivy telling Thomas that just because "I'm not screaming or busting down the door, you think that gives you permission?" Hmmmmm......I can't help but wonder what on earth they are getting at there. Then, Thomas, going on about how they are not bio cousins, and how they had only met twice in their lives before Ivy came to LA? Makes you wonder if they do read viewers comments. 

After consultations with the Booty Call Army: Burbank division, SURVEY SAYS -- After being passed from brother to brother, kissing her cousin ... Ivy is easier to make than a peanut butter sandwich.

Once Thomas has Ivy properly lubricated with wine (there's no Will She or Won't She? when females are under the influence) and false flattery, he'll be all over her like a fart cloud. She'll wake up in the morning with overbite tooth marks all over her shoulders and instant regret will slap her rug-burned keister.

"Oh Boo-Focking-Hoo! My head is splitting ... Gaaa, ... What are you doing in my bed? Why are you calling Steffy? No, you can't have my underwear! What did you do to me? Don't touch me, you filthy wanker!"

Aaaand were back where we started --  Romantic Interludes by Thomas Forrester, AKA: Rape Night.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 13

I don't remember if this has been brought up before so I apologize if it was but Thomas is channeling "Crual Intentions". I hope he gets run over and dies as does Sebastian. Very convenient Ivy you are afraid to stay at Wyatt's beach house but not afraid to stay at Eric's knowing Thomas lives there. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Thomas use the same lines and tactics when he seduced Caroline? Get some new material Thomas. I'm wondering if Steffy is going to tell Ivy that it's all a game to Thomas and is Steffy's concern for Wyatt going to lead anywhere?

• Love 7

So the Forrester mansion is back to being Eric's place? I thought Rick and Maya were firmly ensconced as lord and lady of the manor? Whatever, I guess that means Rapey T. McRaperguy can easily slip into Ivy's room in the dead of night. Oy.

All they need to do to make it worse is start using Bittersweet Symphony as Thomas and Ivy's theme song. KMN.

Plus, doesn't Zende live in the family manse, too? And where is Brooke going to sleepif she move in?

I truly despise Thomas. Does anyone have a link to send comments to CBS? All of that "wanna bet" stuff made me sick to my stomach. 

What are Jules and Viviene up to and how can they afford this long-term hotel life? Is he going to get a job?

• Love 4
So if there was a spare room for Sir Creeps-a-lot in the main house, there really was no reason to make Aly give her room to Nicole.*

After consultations with the Booty Call Army: Burbank division, SURVEY SAYS -- After being passed from brother to brother, kissing her cousin ... Ivy is easier to make than a peanut butter sandwich.

Once Thomas has Ivy properly lubricated with wine (there's no Will She or Won't She? when females are under the influence) and false flattery, he'll be all over her like a fart cloud. She'll wake up in the morning with overbite tooth marks all over her shoulders and instant regret will slap her rug-burned keister.

"Oh Boo-Focking-Hoo! My head is splitting ... Gaaa, ... What are you doing in my bed? Why are you calling Steffy? No, you can't have my underwear! What did you do to me? Don't touch me, you filthy wanker!"

Whatever, I guess that means Rapey T. McRaperguy can easily slip into Ivy's room in the dead of night. Oy.

So, I came here to post, but then I read these and I haven't been able to stop laughing..........

• Love 3

I truly despise Thomas. Does anyone have a link to send comments to CBS? All of that "wanna bet" stuff made me sick to my stomach.

You are correct!! I cant stand ugly jutted jaw  bug eyed perverted Thomas. He is really delusional if he thinks he's really a ladies man. And looking at puffy bobble headed Steffys reaction wasn't  much better. They will probably ruin the Ivy character by making her fall for the creep. Actually there isn't any really "heart throb handsome " men on this soap....with the exception of sometimes Ridge. Depending on how scruffy or neat he looks from day to day. I would rather watch the Avant family drink coffee in their hotel room rather than these characters.

• Love 7

No shade to Pierson Fode--who I liked as Brooks on Disney's Jessie, but Thomas has been written like a Skeevy McSkeeverson. I wonder how the actor feels about his character. Bell is ruining every character and couple on this show. Maybe he wants the show to get cancelled so he's pulling all this crap. Wivy was one of the last normal couples. Rebound or not...there was a level of normalcy from them eating pizza and drinking beer to their mutual respect. I'd expect that of a couple in their early to mid 20s. I hate every SL going on and want all of them to end before 2016 starts. Start with a blank page in the new year and try to salvage the pieces.

• Love 12

yesterday I got a very "Cruel Intentions" vibe from the Thomas/Steffie convo about, come on sis, bet me.  Thomas is doing it just as a joke, like what's his name from the movie...

and ok, so everyone else has that idea too.  Great minds and all!

Does anyone else think they were chem testing Wyatt and Stephie again?  and maybe have Stehpie "wander" a bit..... she was sure in Wyatt's corner hard core earlier.

Edited by Cindylou
  • Love 2

The only character who reached levels this low was Deacon. He deflowered Bridget while her parents and brother listened on the phone. I can remember the scenes vividly. He was like, "Tell me you like that," while in the throes of passion. Thinking back...I still have no words 14+ years on.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 3

Admittedly, I tend to hang out a lot in the Y&R thread but I've started catching B&B every now and again. Can someone help me out here? How are Thomas and Ivy not considered an incestual relationship? He is her cousin, right?  From what I've gathered their grandfathers are blood brothers. But, Ridge is technically not blood related to Eric, so is that the loophole they're trying to finesse?

• Love 3

That is exactly what they're trying to do, Sims Addict. While they are technically not related by blood, it is still tacky and low class as all fuck for Thomas to be going after Ivy, especially when she's in a committed relationship.And even if he wasn't a straight-up perv, there is nothing at all sexy about this dude or the character he plays.He has absolutely no moral compass.

• Love 6

I still think he's gay. His portrayer comes off to me more gay than AG, especially when he was having the bet discussion with a clearly-disgusted Steffy and all but sashayed out the door.

His going after every woman that moves, especially his interest in inappropriate women (Ivy/Hope/Caroline - unavailable; Amber, he was a minor at the time; Charlotte the intern). It's as if he's on a mission to prove how heterosexual he is, which is a red flag, and he goes after women that he can never really have (despite his protests that it's a game for him anyway).

• Love 10

Plus, doesn't Zende live in the family manse, too? And where is Brooke going to sleepif she move in?

Just google CBS Feedback Form and follow the prompts. I use it regularly. ;D

• Love 3

Maybe the Thomas character will be short lived because why the fuck else would they make him such a reprobate?

Given that Ridge has already lost one grown child, I don't see TIIC pulling that one again. And I honestly don't want to see Ridge lose another kid, even if both of them are despicable cretins thst ate as useful as tits on a bull.
  • Love 2

The only character who reached levels this low was Deacon. He deflowered Bridget while her parents and brother listened on the phone. I can remember the scenes vividly. He was like, "Tell me you like that," while in the throes of passion. Thinking back...I still have no words 14+ years on.

True, but Deacon was deliciously skeevy back in the day, owned it, and I loved him for it.

Thomas? He's just nasty!

• Love 13

As tasteless as that shit was, I found all the teeth gnashing HULK SMASH!!1 of the phone to be waaaaaay over the top--Brooke most of all, given the events that would soon follow after. Good grief, just hang up and bust down the door at the damn beach house! LOL!

I downloaded that from YouTube the first time I found that clip with the original English dub, and I still laugh every time I watch it.

• Love 3

As tasteless as that shit was, I found all the teeth gnashing HULK SMASH!!1 of the phone to be waaaaaay over the top--Brooke most of all, given the events that would soon follow after. Good grief, just hang up and bust down the door at the damn beach house! LOL!

I downloaded that from YouTube the first time I found that clip with the original English dub, and I still laugh every time I watch it.

This! I laughed at their reactions. Way over the top! It was tasteless as hell, and as skeevy as his behaviour was, I found myself liking Deacon. The writers then were significantly better than the present ones. I kind of wished they would've had a kid together. Oh the drama that could've ensued in modern times if they had walked down that avenue.

I'm going to go watch that clip now. I need a good laugh. Eric's phone smashing and yelling at Deacon should crack me up. I think I have it in iTunes.

The transcript is equally funny: http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/bb/older/2001/bb-trans-05-31-01.shtml

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 5
I'd just like someone to explain to me how Steffy has such good posture with that wad of "hair" on her head.

There's a complex system of levers and pulleys attached to her head and neck which is so high-tech that it's virtually imperceptible to the human eye.

• Love 5

After tomorrow's show am I going to loose all my respect for Ivy's virtuous self. I almost lost it today with her parading around her do me lingerie. Thomas is like a wolf sniffing out his prey and not unexpected that he was there ready, willing, and able. Is Ivy going to trade in a loving relationship for a night of passion? In my wildest dream, I cannot phantom that Thomas actually wants a relationship with Ivy. Did Thomas actually have to listen in on Ivy's phone call with Wyatt? Of course he did. Where was the I love you when they hung up? Ivy seemed embarrassed when she was talking to Wyatt knowing he was listening in. OK, now I'm totally confused. Did they also change Quinn's character? Where is the piss and vinegar we know Quinn to have to defend Wyatt's happiness. Not even one little threat to Thomas. Deacon couldn't have mellowed her that much. Come on Quinn castrate the creeper.

ETA: I can't believe nobody is home and they are all at a fundraiser. You would thing that Nicole is locked in her room now that she is pregnant.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 15

After tomorrow's show am I going to loose all my respect for Ivy's virtuous self. I almost lost it today with her parading around her do me lingerie. Thomas is like a wolf sniffing out his prey and not unexpected that he was there ready, willing, and able.

[Cue Sexual Exploration Interim Music]

Ivy is about to join Caroline, Hope, Charlotte, Nicole, Amber, Dayzee, Caitlin, Gabriela and Brooke in Thomas's Spank Bank.

• Love 6

See, but we were supposed to think what Deacon was doing was disgusting. His motivations were clear, he wanted to hurt the Forresters for "taking" Amber so he took Bridget instead. And he paid for it right after, by the way. Eric run him over with his car. (not that it stopped him for hurting Bridget even more, but I digress)

With Thomas though, I think the writers just want us to think that no woman can resist him. I'm not sure if they are realising how creepy he comes off, starting with the fantasy of locking an immobile Caroline in her room, then with taking advantage of her and now with trying to bed his cousin.

Would it have worked if Thomas had half the charm that Deacon had back in the day? Maybe, but at least Deacon showed remorse for his actions, he knew what he was doing was wrong. Thomas acts like it's perfectly ok to seduce his cousin, just because "there's no ring".

• Love 13

Well, that's it. Another character bites the dust for me. Ivy, darling, when you sashay downstairs in a Frederick's of Hollywood negligee, boobs busting out the top and ass hanging out the bottom, you can no longer give the "doe eyes of innocence" and wonder why Thomas is all over you like white on rice. I'll say one thing--this show has really created sympathy for Wyatt. It's pretty bad when the supposed vixen of the show is feeling bad for him instead of macking on her vanilla-flavored boyfriend.

Wyatt is Foghorn Leghorn and Henery Hawk combined, IMO. He never had chemistry with any female he was ever paired with.

I disagree--for me, he was the only character who managed to get a little heat out of Hopeless, who was otherwise asexual, particularly with Waffles. (Actually, she was way worse with Thomas in the Adam Gregory version. My god, those two together = watching paint dry.) Hope had fabulous romantic chemistry with Oliver (glad he's outta there, he was completely wasted on this show) but no heat. And I think Wyatt has "fun/real" chemistry with Ivy. Too bad she just took a hard left turn at Skank Road.

Had to laugh when Thomas said "I admit, I lay it on a little thick." YA THINK??? Geez, dude. Dial it down about a thousand! It's great to be desired by a guy, but this is just outright creepy and soooooooooooooooo fake, I don't know how or why Ivy is lapping it up.

Thomas acts like it's perfectly ok to seduce his cousin

But...but...but...they're not blood related and they've only seen each two times before she came to L.A.!!! I have to laugh that multiple characters have to keep squeezing that line into their dialogues so that the audience won't vomit continuously about the incestuousness of it all. In fact, I wish that every time somebody says the word "cousins", there's a flashing chyron across the screen that says "NOT BLOOD-RELATED." Where was all the "NOT BLOOD-RELATED" when the Ivy and Steffy cousins SL was chugging along? Oh yeah--they weren't trying to get it on.

I maintain that the only way to redeem Thomas's character is to make him gay and all of this is just gross overcompensation for not coming out of the closet. I could totally see him with Carter. Does Bell just want a villain that every viewer hates? If I'm getting THIS creeped out, the villain angle isn't working. Villains have to be fun and interesting to watch--like Quinn was.

• Love 14

Thomas acts like it's perfectly ok to seduce his cousin

But...but...but...they're not blood related and they've only seen each two times before she came to L.A.!!! I have to laugh that multiple characters have to keep squeezing that line into their dialogues so that the audience won't vomit continuously about the incestuousness of it all. In fact, I wish that every time somebody says the word "cousins", there's a flashing chyron across the screen that says "NOT BLOOD-RELATED." Where was all the "NOT BLOOD-RELATED" when the Ivy and Steffy cousins SL was chugging along? Oh yeah--they weren't trying to get it on.

Not being "BLOOD-RELATED" is no excuse for ignoring the lady and not accepting NO for an answer ... Oh, yeah ... and being a predatory asshat.

• Love 11

I gotta say, that the actor who plays Thomas is really selling it. (I think -- HOPE -- he's having some fun with it!) I don't think I've ever been so appalled by a male character as this one and the DTB version of Thomas was pretty creepy.

I don't understand this "Thomas has only seen Ivy twice in years..." The both work at FC and given that tight-knit group, that seems highly implausible.

Does Steffy's out-of-character preoccupied "concern" for Ivy and Wyatt signal an upcoming Styffy pairing? LOVE that's she's throwing cold water on Waffles attempts at a romantic evening.

• Love 6
Not being "BLOOD-RELATED" is no excuse for ignoring the lady and not accepting NO for an answer ... Oh, yeah ... and being a predatory asshat.

I completely agree that Thomas is a predatory asshat. What inflames the situation for me is that Ivy is lapping it right up. She can't say "no no no!!!" with the big Maya doe eyes, but then kiss him passionately and parade around the (otherwise empty) house in ridiculously skimpy lingerie, well aware that he's foaming at the mouth for her. In no way am I saying "she deserves it" if he has sex with her. I'm just saying that she's being a royal tease and that's not cool in my book. Donna did the same thing with Owen--making out with him extensively, but then jumping off the bed at the last minute, saying "oh no, we can't! I'm married to Eric and he's in a coma!" I hate that shit from women. Say no and OWN it; don't say no while batting your eyelashes and lifting up your skirt. (Uh oh, I feel another rage blackout coming on...)

Edited by Shira
  • Love 10

I completely agree that Thomas is a predatory asshat. What inflames the situation for me is that Ivy is lapping it right up. She can't say "no no no!!!" with the big Maya doe eyes, but then kiss him passionately and parade around the (otherwise empty) house in ridiculously skimpy lingerie, well aware that he's foaming at the mouth for her. In no way am I saying "she deserves it" if he has sex with her. I'm just saying that she's being a royal tease and that's not cool in my book. Donna did the same thing with Owen--making out with him extensively, but then jumping off the bed at the last minute, saying "oh no, we can't! I'm married to Eric and he's in a coma!" I hate that shit from women. Say no and OWN it; don't say no while batting your eyelashes and lifting up your skirt. (Uh oh, I feel another rage blackout coming on...)

Maya was there...

• Love 3

And because I'm still pissed at the Ivy/Thomas situation (geez, it's only a soap, I know, I know, I need to back away from the computer...)

The thing about writing villains the right way is that you have to "love to hate them." $Bill was fun. Quinn was fun. With Thomas, I just hate him, so: FAIL.

Re: Ivy being a tease, which is sending me into rage black-outs (although I admit, tricknasty, Maya might be creeping in--lol!). One of my good friends is a guy and he used to say, "Don't invite the lion into the den and then tell him not to bite." Ivy is basically inviting the lion into the den and feeding it bloody chunks of freshly killed meat, but then saying "oh no you don't, you bad little kitty cat!" HAAAAAAAAAAATE!!! (And with that, I'll step off my raging soapbox.)

• Love 6

I don't understand this "Thomas has only seen Ivy twice in years..." The both work at FC and given that tight-knit group, that seems highly implausible.

He said he'd only seen her about two times when they were growing up because they were on different continents, not since her move to LA.

Dear Editors: 

You forgot to include the multiple times Liam chose other women over Steffy, all the manipulation Steffy engaged in to keep Liam away from the women he really wanted, and Steffy's "thing" with Liam's father in your romantic engagement montage there.

Ivy. Thomas. Vomit. Yes, who hasn't hoped for a moment out of time to bone their cousin?  

• Love 7

Seriously Ivy? What's next? Another pregnancy? Come on Bell. Might as well make it count. I refuse to rage today.

Either a pregnancy or a STD. Thomas refuses to use protection and thinks it's ok to "come" inside.

But that's all I have to say because I also refuse to rage. It not worth the effort.

• Love 4

I remember that scene too, it was hilarious (although I don't remember Rick, I do remember Eric and Brooke being on the other end of the line).  Eric and Brooke proudly doing their 'smell a fart' acting style.  I remember thinking all those two idiots had to do was hang up the phone!

• Love 3

Chicken head had it coming. He blatantly pursued Hopeless when she was with Waffles and laughed in his face. Now he's about to get a taste. Karma is a bitch

Fair enough, but for two things:

1) Liam is the sorriest excuse for a leading man who doesn't deserve any of the women he's had.

2) Thomas is such a creep,it's hard to cheer him on for anything.

• Love 7

For me, this show is in such a rut. I ff'd Myra's ascension to sainthood and Nicole is boring and the actors are talentless. Also ff'd all Thomas related stuff and guess what? No show left to watch. lol

They are making Ivy completely unlikeable and unrootable. I don't feel sorry for Wyatt because this is much deserved, the only time he was tolerable was when I liked Ivy.

It causes actual physical pain to look at Steffy and Liam's a snooze, as usual.

With all this it's still better than watching everyone come all over Myra.

• Love 11

The way I have to rationalize Ivy hooking up with Thomas is in the immortal words of Flip Wilson. "The Devil Made Me Do It". And by the Devil I mean Bell. I don't give a crap about what Wyatt has done only because he stole Hope from Waffle boy. I wouldn't care if Thomas stole Ivy from Wyatt if Thomas wasn't a sexual predator and a rapist. He has no redeeming features and is even more repugnant than Rick.

• Love 10

The way I have to rationalize Ivy hooking up with Thomas is in the immortal words of Flip Wilson. "The Devil Made Me Do It". And by the Devil I mean Bell. I don't give a crap about what Wyatt has done only because he stole Hope from Waffle boy. I wouldn't care if Thomas stole Ivy from Wyatt if Thomas wasn't a sexual predator and a rapist. He has no redeeming features and is even more repugnant than Rick.

Seriously, I don't think I've been this skeeved out by a character since Michael Cambias on AMC.  

• Love 7
Shira, on 20 Nov 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:Shira, on 20 Nov 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Booty Call Army: Burbank division, we called it -- Ivy's a slag.

Ivy's likes to be flattered and chased by an eager suitor, enjoys rooting, and tells herself (and others) she's loyal and steadfast to Wyatt.

First, Rape Night with Caroline (a former Spencer and Ridge's beloved), now schtupping Ivy (payback for blackmailing Steffy and Wyatt Spencer Fuller's GF), who's next? Thomas seduces Liam? I can't wait until Thomas slings his sexual conquest of Ivy in Wyatt's face and cashes in on his bet with Steffy. Ivy will love that humiliation and Liam is certain to have words for Steffy's participation.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7

If Ivy thought that Quinn's purposely nonchalant nudge into the Seine was bad, wait until Quinn gets an earful of what went down between Ivy and Thomas. It's going to be more like a tsunami hit her.

Not quite sure if I can hate on Steffy too much over this one. I think she seemed disgusted with Thomas's antics and at least put up a feeble attempt at protesting.

• Love 6