Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I see you, Show, trying to make me transfer my loathing of Maya to Thomas. Fear not, I have plenty of disgust to spare for both Thomas and Maya. Plenty.

we called it -- Ivy's a slag.

I understand how some might see it that way but I can't really cosign on that. To our knowledge Ivy doesn't have a pattern of cheating on her boyfriends or going after other women's men. I think in this moment she's someone who's simply weak in the face of relentless temptation. Now if she does sleep with Thomas and continues sleeping with him while also letting Wyatt think they have a monogamous relationship, I'll then be considering her a basic gardening utensil.

Michael Cambias on AMC

There's a chilly blast from the past. It'd be hilarious if Thomas ended up the same way Michael did, dead and at the bottom of a landfill.

• Love 5

Well, would-be assaulters of women, if you watch B&B you have learned something...that no really doesn't mean no.  I by no means am in agreement with the blaming the victim thing of "you should have worn a longer dress," but Ivy walking around in that nightie was ridiculous.  Not to mention that she is no victim, she is a more than willing participant.  I'm with those getting the rage blackouts over these two, and I foresee them getting worse, because I'll bet anything that she'll be playing the victim card with the best of them.

Other observations:

I used to think Steffy and Liam had decent chemistry.  I'm not sure what happened,  but now I see none.  Also, I think Steffy picked up step mommy's habit of sitting on tables.

According to Wyatt, the Forrester mansion is so huge that Ivy and Thomas were probably in different wings...yet there weren't enough bedrooms in the whole place for 3 people.  Which begs the question...what is in those other wings???

• Love 8

I'll tell you what's in those other wings. All the fucks I had to give about this show. We've gone from Bell's repellent TV adaptation of What To Expect When You're Expecting to Real Cousin Fuckers of Los Angeles. All the while Thomas plays like he's the villain in a cornball Lifetime lady-in-peril movie.

• Love 20

Did I just imagine those scenes of Ivy, before sleeping with Liam and Wyatt, talking about what a big step sex is for her and how she doesn't indulge in it without being in a real relationship with real feelings?  I guess cousins count as a real relationship? 

• Love 10

I never thought I'd say this, but poor Wyatt. Poor, poor Wyatt. As of now, Wyatt's past mistakes with women are just that-past.  Wyatt's past sins against Hope & Nicole became irrelevant to me the moment Ivy started prancing around Casa Forrester in her drawers in front of Thomas, let Thomas into her room and now, apparently, into her bed. If Thomas had told Ivy that he loves her or at least was falling in love with her, it would be different, but he didn't even say that much.  When it comes to Thomas, to paraphrase Steve Martin in Roxanne, "a few frilly words and [ivy's] counting ceiling tiles." In Thomas' mind, since Ivy was conscious (unlike Caroline), that's progress. When it comes to Thomas, Ivy sends more mixed signals than a teen pop star. Ivy knows that Thomas has the hots for her, but she keeps encouraging him, like the passive/aggressive skank she's turning out to be. Ivy keeps telling Thomas that she's with Wyatt, but she's got no problem with his constant flirting with her, his touching her nor his kissing her. Instead of encouraging Thomas, Ivy should have told him to back off in no uncertain terms and if he didn't listen, then she would tell Ridge and if that didn't stop him, then Quinn would.

Now more than ever, I'm convinced that Ridge & Caroline are doing the right thing where the baby is concerned. The further away that Thomas is kept from his (possible) spawn, the better. Time & time again, Thomas has proven himself to be a selfish & irresponsible asshole who doesn't care who he hurts, especially if their last name is Spencer. The one bright side of this whole shit storm is that if/when the truth comes out, Wyatt's response will be the least of Thomas and/or Ivy's problems, for two reasons: Bill & Quinn. For all of Bill & Quinn's faults, separately and together, they love Wyatt in their own way & will unleash Hell on anyone who hurts him, especially a Forrester, which Thomas & Ivy both are, hormones be damned. It takes way more than shared DNA to make a family, not that Thomas knows the meaning of the word. Something tells me that pushing Ivy into the Seine will be nothing compared to Quinn's wrath if/when she learns the truth about Ivy/Thomas.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 16

Apparently we were mislead. Chickenhead must not be all that in the sack. Ivy was mighty quick to jump on Thomas's peen...

Now imagine how bad Liam must be in the sack, since it's clear Wyatt's WAY better than him. 

• Love 6

Just read the spoilers for next week. Looks like Nicole and Zende are already having issues. Bring on Sasha.

Thomas and Ivy were discussing their night and she said it was wrong but felt right. Also, she wanted to know what she was supposed to tell Wyatt?

Thanksgiving should be interesting.

• Love 3

Thomas and Ivy were discussing their night and she said it was wrong but felt right. Also, she wanted to know what she was supposed to tell Wyatt?

OMG. What have they done to Ivy? I'm so disappointed they've had her go this route. Guess she's a Forrester after all....

Can't anyone on this stupid show ever say NO and MEAN it?

Was so wrong but "felt so right"??

Eeeww!!   KMN.

edited to add: What to tell Wyatt? Well, there is the truth...that you let Thomas into your bed & into your pants.

SO disappointed. Ivy actually had class when she first came on. I don't get this about face. Makes no sense. (Maybe I could see the temptation if Thomas wasn't such a major sleaze.)

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 15

If Bell wants to be sooo PC, he has an opportunity to appeal to a new audience. He could write Ivy as being non-monogamous/polyamorous. Often non-monos are serial monogamists and sometimes cheaters and until they realise there is an ethical and open option to satisfy their needs, they cheat, have emotional affairs, etc. There are people who say they are in love with more than one person and have intertwined lives with the consent of all parties involved. Going this direction might save the character from being hated so much. Bell wants to be so PC on the TG front. Why not explore other avenues? (I just read comments by the actress/comedienne Mo'Nique about her open marriage.)

• Love 1
Apparently we were mislead. Chickenhead must not be all that in the sack. Ivy was mighty quick to jump on Thomas's peen...
Now imagine how bad Liam must be in the sack, since it's clear Wyatt's WAY better than him.

Heh. I'm guessing Wyatt has the benefit of superior-sized equipment but Thomas has the advantage of skill gained from wide and varied experience across at least two continents. Liam is just a sad, little waffle.

Which begs the question...what is in those other wings???

Jars of barbecue sauce. Wall-to-wall jars of barbecue sauce.

He could write Ivy as being non-monogamous/polyamorous. Often non-monos are serial monogamists and sometimes cheaters and until they realise there is an ethical and open option to satisfy their needs, they cheat, have emotional affairs, etc. There are people who say they are in love with more than one person and have intertwined lives with the consent of all parties involved.

Clear consent of all the parties involved is the key, I think. Ivy didn't have that and Thomas' motivation seems to be to prove he can encroach on other men's women. I'd be quite surprised if both Wyatt and Thomas were okay with being in a polyamorous relationship with Ivy. Remember what happened when Hope was trying to choose between Liam and Wyatt? Right off the bat Liam insisted that she not sleep with either of them until she'd made her choice. After that patriarchal crap, I'd be amazed if Bell Jr. allowed Ivy to assume guilt-free, open control over her sexuality.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5

For me, this show is in such a rut. I ff'd Myra's ascension to sainthood and Nicole is boring and the actors are talentless. Also ff'd all Thomas related stuff and guess what? No show left to watch. lol

They are making Ivy completely unlikeable and unrootable. I don't feel sorry for Wyatt because this is much deserved, the only time he was tolerable was when I liked Ivy.

It causes actual physical pain to look at Steffy and Liam's a snooze, as usual.

With all this it's still better than watching everyone come all over Myra.

OMG, this is exactly how I feel. In fact every time I start liking an actor I can pretty much assume the writers are going to screw that up for me.

Case in point, I liked early chemistry between Ridge and Caroline but current storyline has obliterated that. Ivy had potential but they have ruined that with lecherous Thomas.

Don't know how much longer I will hang on. There is no one to root for. Isn't that kind of a must for soaps?

• Love 3

Clear consent of all the parties involved is the key, I think. Ivy didn't have that and Thomas' motivation seems to be to prove he can encroach on other men's women. I'd be quite surprised if both Wyatt and Thomas were okay with being in a polyamorous relationship with Ivy.

Actually, my guess is that Thomas would be OK with it if Wyatt was still in the dark.  He seems to get off on the idea of seducing another man's woman behind his back.  So carrying on with her while Wyatt was none the wiser would probably appeal to his skeevy ass.  (And he'd likely get bored and be over it if Ivy dumped Wyatt to be in a relationship with him).  Of course, that goes against the "clear consent of all parties" part of it, I know.  

• Love 6
Cupid Stunt, on 20 Nov 2015 - 7:37 PM, said:

we called it -- Ivy's a slag.

I understand how some might see it that way but I can't really cosign on that. To our knowledge Ivy doesn't have a pattern of cheating on her boyfriends or going after other women's men. I think in this moment she's someone who's simply weak in the face of relentless temptation. Now if she does sleep with Thomas and continues sleeping with him while also letting Wyatt think they have a monogamous relationship, I'll then be considering her a basic gardening utensil.

You say potato. I say vodka.

I'm all for the classic dramatic and literary paradox: What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? But when produced by Bill or Brad Bell, the male character is following his instinct, while the female is to be the gatekeeper of respectability -- Which is plenty of patriarchal piffle, but this is Bn'B.

Ivy's been passed from one brother to another brother's bed, and is presently being seduced by Thomas. From the looks of it they are not playing chess, Shoots and Ladders or Parcheesi. If this is Thomas's version of Hi Ho Cherry-O, he's late by a couple of limp biscuits.

Ivy is several rotations around the block past the quailing ingénue who treated "making love" as a commitment to a serious relationship, or so she told Wyatt the first time they schtupped. 

When you say "To our knowledge Ivy doesn't have a pattern of cheating on her boyfriends or going after other women's men," flirting in return to all Thomas's attentions and twittering around in a filmy nightgown makes Ivy an active participant in Thomas's seduction scenario. Ivy pulled a fast one marrying Liam (under Steffy's nose) to stay in the U.S.by not doing her homework to determine her correct immigration status. Then there's that inconvenient Aly Death Video blackmail posture she took with Steffy, Thomas, Liam, with the willing Wyatt riding along in her self-destructive wake. I would suggest Ivy has many unattractive behaviors and attitudes that have yet to be plumbed or dramatized to the viewer.

Cheating on your advantageously absent boyfriend with your step-mother fucking cousin earns you a notch in a bedpost and a merit badge in Forrester Family Sexual Tourism.

• Love 5

Thomas is just gross. Simple as that.

First he screws Caroline who was out of it then he screws his cousin. I really thought the Ivy/Thomas stuff would red herring but I see Brad has went and dabbled back into his incestuous storytelling like he did with Rick and Steffy. I mean eww. If that girl Ivy ends up pregnant, please, let's have a good ol fashion push down the stairs moment.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

Ha! The comments here aren't particularly positive. And I doubt the comments anywhere are.

There was one person who commented several times that it's fine, they're not blood related so there's nothing wrong with it. To be honest, on YouTube I expected a lot more of that, so I was pretty surprised over the negativity.
  • Love 1
Ivy pulled a fast one marrying Liam (under Steffy's nose) to stay in the U.S.by not doing her homework to determine her correct immigration status.

Ivy didn't hold a gun to Liam's head to force him to marry her. AFAIC, that mistake was on him. She just took advantage of his egotistical willingness to play momentary hero.

Ivy's been passed from one brother to another brother's bed,

There's "been passed" and there's "voluntarily moved". I'd like to think that Ivy assumes agency over her own sexuality. Besides, if sleeping with both Wyatt and Liam is a definer of slagness, then what was Hope? Or what are Wyatt and Liam to be so willingly taking each other's sloppy seconds? I'm still willing to give Ivy the benefit of the doubt until we find out whether she's going to be straight with Wyatt about her behavior with Thomas. If I'm giving her any side-eye now it's because her attraction to that walking d-bag Thomas shows incredibly bad taste in men.

• Love 8

If that girl Ivy ends up pregnant, please, let's have a good ol fashion push down the stairs moment.

I don't think you have to worry about that, I seriously doubt the show will do 3 pregnancy storylines.
  • Love 2

Ivy seems the type who is super vigilant about her birth control, which is a refreshing change. So I don't see a pregnancy in store for her. Two WTD triangles starring Thomas's seed is just a little OTT for me!

I guess when you look at the big picture, where was Ivy's original character headed. "Nice" girls, like Caroline and Hope when they first came on the show, turned out to be boring. Hope turned out to be insufferable and I'm none too pleased by the sniveling cowering wimpette Caroline is rapidly becoming. The only other direction for Ivy would have been to turn her into the second coming of Taylor. That would definitely have been more interesting. I guess she's on the right track by sleeping with both Spencer brothers. Now she just needs to bed $Bill to complete the trifecta.

• Love 2

I don't think you have to worry about that, I seriously doubt the show will do 3 pregnancy storylines.

I dunno. The baby rabies seems to be contagious and Brad Bell is on his "break" with his writing after having a fairly good year. He does this every year, lol.

• Love 2

I've taken it off my DVR. I've gone from 3 soaps to none. I just do not like any of the characters being focused on and the one guy I do like I apparently have to look for the movies and Internet show he filmed in order to see him since the show can't be bothered. I really think that the most likable or at least interesting actors/characters are the older ones and they are being completely ignored and I just don't get it. How do you do a show like this?

• Love 7

I guess when you look at the big picture, where was Ivy's original character headed. "Nice" girls, like Caroline and Hope when they first came on the show, turned out to be boring. Hope turned out to be insufferable and I'm none too pleased by the sniveling cowering wimpette Caroline is rapidly becoming. The only other direction for Ivy would have been to turn her into the second coming of Taylor. That would definitely have been more interesting. I guess she's on the right track by sleeping with both Spencer brothers. Now she just needs to bed $Bill to complete the trifecta.

I wish they would have broken the mold and made her the "good girl" character who is still actually interesting and not a sanctimonious bore.  It is actually possible, show.  There's a happy medium between Hope and Steffy, and Ivy was poised to be that, until they decided they needed to take her down several pegs (to prop up the Bratz doll).  

Ivy didn't hold a gun to Liam's head to force him to marry her. AFAIC, that mistake was on him. She just took advantage of his egotistical willingness to play momentary hero.

Agreed.  And it definitely wasn't under Steffy's nose.  Liam was Ivy's boyfriend.  Steffy is the one who came back and tried to make a play for him under Ivy's nose.  Twice.  The fault in the Liam/Ivy marriage was entirely Liam's.  

Which brings me back to the first part of my post - Ivy was poised to be the interesting good girl back then, when she had the dignity to tell Liam the truth about her citizenship status so he could make his own decision.  Why they needed to ruin that awesome character to leave her unable to resist the skeeviest man in  L.A. is beyond me. 

• Love 13

There's a happy medium between Hope and Steffy, and Ivy was poised to be that, until they decided they needed to take her down several pegs (to prop up the Bratz doll).

I think with the bolded part you hit the nail on the head.
  • Love 8

The sweeps have been awful and we only have three days this week due to preemption. I doubt that much will happen in about an hour of airtime from Mon-Wed.

There's nobody to root for. On the plus side, we had five whole days of no Maya and Nicole gushing and talking about how brave and strong the other is. Looks like they'll be back tomorrow or this week some point, though. *gag*

• Love 6

Word. I can just picture Maya turning to Nicole her doe eyes brimming with tears, thanking Nicole for "this miracle." Gag me right now.  Tears well up in Mama Avant's while Julius sits there with arms crossed and fuming.

• Love 11

The sweeps have been awful and we only have three days this week due to preemption. I doubt that much will happen in about an hour of airtime from Mon-Wed.

There's nobody to root for. On the plus side, we had five whole days of no Maya and Nicole gushing and talking about how brave and strong the other is. Looks like they'll be back tomorrow or this week some point, though. *gag*

These are my main reasons for not watching anymore and just reading recaps.

• Love 4

Now princess koala trying to play like she doesn't know what thomas is talking about, now shes swapping spit with Wyatt.

I cant wait til Wy finds out so he can roast both them.

Zende is sooo gorgeous. Sighs.

Ivy is the definition of "These h*es ain't loyal"

• Love 3

Oh Nicole is already changing. Maya better not start decorating the nursery yet. Zende is well well on his way to Waffle Boy 2.0. Only he's waffling because she's pregnant with his cousin/uncle's baby--err Maya's baby and not really down with it. I think he's turned off by it. Before he was affectionate and now he's standing several feet away. He probably is grossed out but won't say it to her face. Nicole really thought dude would settle for being shelved in the beginning weeks of a relationship. I hope the new girl stirs up some drama.

Well at least Ivy and Thomas didn't have sex Friday. Unfortunately it's bound to happen.

• Love 5
Thomas said being with Ivy was like licking an ice cream cone. Nasty ass

Yikes. I haven't watched today's show yet so thanks for the warning. At least he sounds like he has the potential to be generous lover, unlike 50 "I'll take you to the candy shop, I'll let you lick the lollipop" Cent. Whatever, associating frozen dairy products with lady parts sounds to me like a yeast infection waiting to happen. Run away, Ivy!

• Love 8

Oh Nicole is already changing. Maya better not start decorating the nursery yet. Zende is well well on his way to Waffle Boy 2.0. Only he's waffling because she's pregnant with his cousin/uncle's baby--err Maya's baby and not really down with it. I think he's turned off by it. Before he was affectionate and now he's standing several feet away. He probably is grossed out but won't say it to her face. Nicole really thought dude would settle for being shelved in the beginning weeks of a relationship. I hope the new girl stirs up some drama.

Well at least Ivy and Thomas didn't have sex Friday. Unfortunately it's bound to happen.

Nicole how stupid can you be flaunting your pregnancy in front of Zende. It's not like it's Zende's baby. Has Rick's swimmers effected Nicole's brain for she is becoming as self centered as the rest of the Forests.

For a second, I thought that Ivy's virtue was saved when the deed was not done but silly rabbit, Trix are for Bell to shit out at will. Ivy can become a politician because she can talk out of both sides of her mouth at the same time and passionately kiss two different men within 3 minutes in the same office. I think it would have been etiquette if Ivy at least took a drink of water between kisses. How can Ivy actually justify blowing off Wyatt with such a lame excuse. I don't think that Wyatt is dumb enough to accept it.

• Love 6

Ivy can become a politician because she can talk out of both sides of her mouth at the same time and passionately kiss two different men within 3 minutes in the same office. I think it would have been etiquette if Ivy at least took a drink of water between kisses. How can Ivy actually justify blowing off Wyatt with such a lame excuse. I don't think that Wyatt is dumb enough to accept it.

This is "Ivy-It-Was-Only-A-Few-Kisses Forrester" we're talking about here...

• Love 7

Yikes. I haven't watched today's show yet so thanks for the warning. At least he sounds like he has the potential to be generous lover, unlike 50 "I'll take you to the candy shop, I'll let you lick the lollipop" Cent. Whatever, associating frozen dairy products with lady parts sounds to me like a yeast infection waiting to happen. Run away, Ivy!

I haven't watched today's show yet, either, but any type of 'being' with Thomas is rolling out the red carpet (pun unintended) for an STD to happen.

WTH happened to our classy little Aussie? Damn it writers, why can't we have nice things?

• Love 12

I haven't watched today's show yet, either, but any type of 'being' with Thomas is rolling out the red carpet (pun unintended) for an STD to happen.

WTH happened to our classy little Aussie? Damn it writers, why can't we have nice things?

You'd think we'd learn by now not to get invested in any character/pairing on this horrible excuse for a show.

Because as soon as we do, TIIC screw us in the ass and much like Charlie Brown, we just keep coming back for more.

giphy.gif

• Love 7

The bonus is I didn't hear Nicole say Rick and Maya's baby today. Something tells me the tide is already turning and girlie hasn't even undergone her first scan. Carrying life changes you. Bell don't let us down. Most of us want to see that stupid smile/smirk/doe eyed expression wiped off Maya's face when Nicole refuses to terminate her rights. And why was she flaunting it? Girl you're pregnant by your boyfriend's uncle who is also your BIL. Why would he be excited about that again?

Ivy could practise a bit of restraint. You're in a building where nobody knocks, and you're slobbing down two men within minutes? Oh ok. I'd respect her more if she told Wyatt she needed a break and wasn't sneaking around and lying to his face. She's been in back to back serious relationships and at her age, it isn't unrealistic to want to go though a period of introspection and discover who you are.

• Love 7

I'd respect her more if she told Wyatt she needed a break and wasn't sneaking around and lying to his face. She's been in back to back serious relationships and at her age, it isn't unrealistic to want to go though a period of introspection and discover who you are.

Very well said. Stop calling the guy your "boyfriend" if you don't want to be monogamous.
  • Love 11

I hope this Ivy/Thomas crapola unleashes Quinn to go all ape shit crazy on Thomas. I miss Quinn the Crazy.

Just read an interview by Bell where he said he'd like to try and weave a Syrian refugee story into the show. I'm sorry, and YMMV, but I don't watch this show for that kind of story. For me, soaps are escapist times that allow one to get away from the horrors of daily life. Plus, I think using such a political and controversial issue would be just plain stupid.

• Love 9

But two of the most charming, intelligent, and humorous characters on OLTL were Rama and Vimal Patel, so it would depend on the writing and actors. We know this show likes to get preachy, which would doom any attempts to go in that direction. Bell is already juggling a couple after-school specials, but I wouldn't be opposed to casting actors as good as those who play Julius and Vivian Avant.

Edited by tantrumette
  • Love 1

Steffy is actually the most virtuous woman on the show*, with the exception of the virgin mother.

Just read an interview by Bell where he said he'd like to try and weave a Syrian refugee story into the show. 

He should just make Mya an adopted Syrian.

* and "smokin hot" FUN!

• Love 5
I think it would have been etiquette if Ivy at least took a drink of water between kisses.

IKR? Poor Wyatt sorta had an oral three-way and he didn't even know it.

Now Zende says he wanted Nicole all to himself and that he doesn't want to have to share her? Maybe he should've made that confession before Nicole went ahead and got knocked up. Not that it likely would have stopped her but at least she wouldn't be able to play the martyr and try to make him feel guilty.

Looked like Steffy left her bale of hair at home today. She looked so much better without it, IMO.

Wyatt complemented Quinn as being a "real shyster". A shyster, according to the Google, is "a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business." So, Quinn openly engages in shady business practices with FC's tacit approval? Hmmm. I wonder whether the actor mean to say "shark" but misspoke or if the mistake was in the script.

"...do some things in the kitchen..." OMG, Thomas, feel free to spread your bodily fluids all over the kitchen that you share with several other people, most of whom are your family. Ugh. So nasty.

Has Thomas never had a girlfriend? He's awfully cavalier about the notion of being faithful to someone even though you're not married or engaged to them. Wonder how he'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

• Love 6

Thomas is supposed to be viewed as this young, handsome, irresistible scoundrel, right? But look back at the last few pages - the most frequently applied descriptives are nasty, and skeevy. Just what one wants in a younger male lead. Not!

This fakakta show. One of these days I'll learn how to quit you and mean it.

• Love 8