Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I've watched since the very beginning. While I do not spend much time thinking about Crybrows other than wondering of she ever will actually produce a tear. Here is my take on her,  based on what we have been shown, and what we have discerned about her, one probably more likely true than the other.

Crybrows was in a bad marriage which she escaped by assuming all the debt (?).  She came across Kootie one way or another, choose which story you like better. His family looked well established, with each doing their part in raising kids and/or bringing in income. The $$ signs lit up behind her eyes and she decided she needed to be part of this family. Everyone else was keeping it running and she really wouldn't have to do anything to pitch in just get down on her knees and "pray" a lot. 

After some time in the family she picked up on some unease among OG wives and decided she was the perfect one to "fix" everything up for everyone. Of course she needed to be HBIC to take charge, so she went for that title and beguiled Kootie into making her his legal wife. Supposedly this was needed to protect her kids from another father.  Then she decided she really didn't want to share Kootie with anyone else and starting stirring the pot to turn Kootie away from the others. Very sneaky! It took lots of butting into everyones marriage and "speaking Kootie" to have him believe that whatever she said any one else had said, was the real truth. Whether it was true or not.

Now she had Kootie pretty much all to herself. I think she had a moment of clarity and thought "Ack, what have I done? No more days off from him!!" Not only that but she didn't take into account how much of the family income, besides TLC, came from the OG3. And here she had basically gotten them all to think they would be better off w/out the Kootie. Uh oh! With out the OG3 there were no Sister Wives for the show...dun da dun dun dunnnn! Yikes she is thinking, what have I done? I might have to get a ...gulp..JOB...gulp!! 

And then to top it off, her best customer/loving legal husband is going out of his ever lovin' little mind, stark raving crazy, delusional and any other kind of cray-cray there is!  She really looked uncomfortable sitting next to him in the Look Back, trying to continue all the lies/blame, and not having much luck keeping anything straight one breath to another.

Well, Crybrows, you should have been careful what you wished for, it may not always be greener on the other side of the fence after all!!

Mama's voice is probably floating around her brain, "Get your scent out there!".

Standing O for this post, @Gramto6!  😻

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2

Well, the hunch I have is that back in the day Meri was  crushing on Robyn so bad that she could've sopped her up with a big 'ol buttered biscuit.  🏃‍♀️👀🧈

Yeah, yeah, showing myself out, now!  🐰

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
added the word "up"
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
34 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I agree. Robyn is in it for the show business and has been all along. 

Actually, if Robyn ever did leave Kody, I shudder to think how he’d react. He has put Robyn up on a pedestal and seems to base his whole life around  the fact that he has a “perfect” soulmate.

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@xwordfanatik thanks! I appreciate that!

@Rabbit Hutch Yeah, she was crushing on Crybrows because Meri thought bringing her into the family would get her all sorts of "lover"points from Kootie. If, a big if, that was actually how CB came around...seems there are other stories about that too. 

I just can't with these people!

@Adiba I think Kootie would end up in a straight jacket, headed for the funny farm if CB ever left him. His brain would explode, he could not compute how that could happen..."who to blame?"... "who did this to us???"...  "Ah! Must have been Christine... but where is she??"... "I need to see her and tell her its all HER fault!!"...

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I am too lazy to figure out which episode thread this belongs with so I will ask it here:

at what point did Robyn make Kody make the solemn vow not to string her along if things got bad with their relationship?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Twopper said:

at what point did Robyn make Kody make the solemn vow not to string her along if things got bad with their relationship?

I don't remember ever hearing about it until this season. Apparently it was before they were married, as a condition of getting married. And obviously after she'd seen Kody with three wives he was basically stringing along.

• Like 9
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, altopower said:

I don't remember ever hearing about it until this season. Apparently it was before they were married, as a condition of getting married. And obviously after she'd seen Kody with three wives he was basically stringing along.

Given the comments Robyn has made in numerous TH this season, and the attitude she displays when filmed with Kody- combined with this ‘special covenant/promise’,  divorce number 4 should be announced soon. 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Isn't that implied in all standard wedding vows? 

Isn't it the opposite?  "To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

Seems to me you are agreeing to be in it for the long run even if things get bad.

• Like 21
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Seems to me you are agreeing to be in it for the long run even if things get bad.

That's where the "stringing along" comes in. If you're not happy, and not prepared to do what is necessary to fix things, get out before you make the rest of your family miserable too.  Release your partner to find someone who is happy with them - cough, Meri. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Armchair psychology: Robyn has a huge fear of abandonment. I believe this is her driving force in life. She keeps her kids dependent in a desperate attempt to ensure they never leave. She loved having Kody all to herself ("I don't let him out of my sight" she said in one episode that showed Kody spending a day with each wife early on in Las Vegas). She didn't care much for the other wives as individuals, but she liked the idea of a "sisterhood" -- relationships that would always be there and didn't require any work on her part to maintain (clearly, she miscalculated). That is why she dissolves into histrionics when anyone leaves. It's not about who is leaving, it's about her feeling she's being abandoned when anyone leaves. It's also why when she abandons the group (for ex. withdrawing from the gift exchange), she projects that onto others, feeling that they are leaving her. She feels like she's been serially punished with each wife's departure. 

Edited by Teafortwo
typos
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 14
4 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

What bugged me was when she was wedding dress shopping with the other wives and she was on stage prancing around and posing like she's a supermodel in front of everyone thinking it's cute. She loved throwing it in their faces that she was the skinniest one in the bunch.

She did this on another occasion too: I think all 4 wives were in San Francisco (or Seattle) and she tried on dresses in a store that did not carry plus sizes, while the others watched.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:38 PM, Gramto6 said:

I think Kootie would end up in a straight jacket, headed for the funny farm if CB ever left him. His brain would explode, he could not compute how that could happen..."who to blame?"... "who did this to us???".

As Kody likes to say, "Here's the thing": There has been some speculation, and I believe it's justified, that he went online and found a bunch of men's rights groups during the pandemic (what's called "the manosphere." I think that's influenced his behavior and the change from someone who seemed at times to listen to and be willing to accept the perspectives of his wives, to the current person we are seeing that all the wives say they don't recognize or "isn't the man I married."

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
16 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

She did this on another occasion too: I think all 4 wives were in San Francisco (or Seattle) and she tried on dresses in a store that did not carry plus sizes, while the others watched.

As Kody likes to say, "Here's the thing": There has been some speculation, and I believe it's justified, that he went online and found a bunch of men's rights groups during the pandemic (what's called "the manosphere." I think that's influenced his behavior and the change from someone who seemed at times to listen to and be willing to accept the perspectives of his wives, to the current person we are seeing that all the wives say they don't recognize or "isn't the man I married."

OR... He could just be a giant asshole and isn't afraid to show it anymore.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

OR... He could just be a giant asshole and isn't afraid to show it anymore.

OR he is a giant asshole who went online and found his soulmates in the "manosphere" and from there changed into something different.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Yes! I'm pretty sure that was the San Francisco trip. Robyn took her three plus-size sister wives to a store that didn't carry plus sizes, in order for them to pick out dresses for the commitment ceremony. I kept waiting for Janelle or Christine to deck her.

Robyn's eventual friend/employee, Kendra, is featured in that SF episode (which is the trip they were on when Truely got sick).

Reportedly Kendra is the one who swore up and down that "Sam" was real, that she had met "Sam," and that Meri was having a physical affair with "Sam." Then later, Kendra supposedly tried to play it off like she was trying to catfish the catfish, to get info on her (her being J.O.).

I really wish one of the recent talk-back or look-back episodes had included a review of Robyn's Season 18 comments (in one of the One-on-Ones???) about how a person was feeding her false information about Meri during the catfish scandal.

TLC and/or the production probably avoid delving into it, because they don't want to have to deal with Kendra, if someone says something incorrect (or unprovable) about her, but I feel like that whole subset of the mess should have gotten more attention.

The idea that Robyn's bestie vouched for the catfish's fake persona, is infinitely more intriguing than the fact that lonely, neglected Meri fell for some faker's b.s. and caught feelings for an imaginary millionaire.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 18
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, General Days said:

Yes! I'm pretty sure that was the San Francisco trip. Robyn took her three plus-size sister wives to a store that didn't carry plus sizes, in order for them to pick out dresses for the commitment ceremony. I kept waiting for Janelle or Christine to deck her.

Robyn's eventual friend/employee, Kendra, is featured in that SF episode (which is the trip they were on when Truely got sick).

Reportedly Kendra is the one who swore up and down that "Sam" was real, that she had met "Sam," and that Meri was having a physical affair with "Sam." Then later, Kendra supposedly tried to play it off like she was trying to catfish the catfish, to get info on her (her being J.O.).

I really wish one of the recent talk-back or look-back episodes had included a review of Robyn's Season 18 comments (in one of the One-on-Ones???) about how a person was feeding her false information about Meri during the catfish scandal.

TLC and/or the production probably avoid delving into it, because they don't want to have to deal with Kendra, if someone says something incorrect (or unprovable) about her, but I feel like that whole subset of the mess should have gotten more attention.

The idea that Robyn's bestie vouched for the catfish's fake persona, is infinitely more intriguing than the fact that lonely, neglected Meri fell for some faker's b.s. and caught feelings for an imaginary millionaire.

I agree 100%!! They never talk about Sobbyn's friend knowing the catfish. I've always thought that Sobbyn was the one behind the whole thing, it wouldn't surprise me at all. They never ask real questions either to Kody and Sobbyn that viewers want to know. The few questions they did ask were stupid. Didn't somebody say one of the Tlc producers was a friend of Kody's? Is that why they go so easy on those two? It's really annoying that those two are never held accountable for their actions and always get softball questions.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I think the Sister Wives relationship she wanted coming into the family was for Christine to raise her children as she was already doing for Christine and Janelles kids, Meri and Janelle would be the worker bees and Robyn could feather her nest on the gravy train the TV show would become - to totally mix my metaphors.  I also fully believe the show would never have been green lighted without the introduction of a 4th wife.  There's not much story if only the OG wives were the cast.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I think the Sister Wives relationship she wanted coming into the family was for Christine to raise her children as she was already doing for Christine and Janelle's kids, Meri and Janelle would be the worker bees and Robyn could feather her nest on the gravy train the TV show would become - to totally mix my metaphors.  I also fully believe the show would never have been green lighted without the introduction of a 4th wife.  There's not much story if only the OG wives were the cast

I agree with all of your mixed metaphors :) My brain worked the same way. Robyn was in the mix at the very beginning and I can imagine the storyline discussion with TLC about this 4th wife, young and pretty with children, becoming part of this solid polygamist fambly. You bet your bippy that's why the show was greenlighted and they covered up/hid so much. I wonder how much more clear that is to them now when they look back in hindsight. Tho I seriously doubt Kody and Robyn do much of that.

• Like 12
On 12/19/2023 at 8:49 AM, ladle said:

I like your post too, because it offers me a different perspective! Ultimately, though, I still just don't see Robyn as this manipulative puppet master. Mainly because she does not seem very smart to me. But, hey, I could be completely wrong and she's actually an evil genius! Barring that, my sense of Robyn is more like she was a struggling single mom who saw a gravy train, grabbed hold, and then ruthlessly did whatever she could to hang on. 

She only has to be smarter than Kody.  He is very open to her slight suggestions and nuanced comments so all she has to do is suggest something, cry, whathaveyou and he is done.  He is a sucker for a woman crying and appearing fragile (see Aurora panic attack).  Robyn had a coach, her mother, who taught her how to be the most important person/sisterwife in Kody's life.  The others were too busy trying to integrate another family to notice the game Robyn was playing.  Kody just had a boner for a woman 10 years younger than he is who he didn't have a history of poverty and strife.

On 12/19/2023 at 7:49 PM, Teri313 said:

I watched the Tell All Ep. 4 today and I could swear I saw Suki trying to suppress a laugh as Robyn contorted her face and started up again, grabbing for the tissues. In the beginning, Suki would get a pained look of sympathy on her face whenever Robyn cried, but I think even she's had enough now. I mean, seriously, she "cries" through the entire interview, literally. What normal adult acts like that? You would think somebody died.

It is pretty obvious to me that Suki likes the original wives but cannot stand Robyn or Kody.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 1/1/2024 at 4:23 PM, OlderThanDirt said:

I think the Sister Wives relationship she wanted coming into the family was for Christine to raise her children as she was already doing for Christine and Janelles kids, Meri and Janelle would be the worker bees and Robyn could feather her nest on the gravy train the TV show would become - to totally mix my metaphors.  I also fully believe the show would never have been green lighted without the introduction of a 4th wife.  There's not much story if only the OG wives were the cast.

Christine did want to watch her kids but Robyn never allowed her to. Christine was hurt when she found out they had a nanny wondering why Robyn didn't trust her to watch her kids and wondering if Robyn thought she wasn't good enough to. Robyn has never tried to be close with the other wives or children. She's always separated  herself from them and than fake cries that the others don't want anything to do with her and her kids. The only one believing it is Kody.

• Like 10
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

She only has to be smarter than Kody.  He is very open to her slight suggestions and nuanced comments so all she has to do is suggest something, cry, whathaveyou and he is done.  He is a sucker for a woman crying and appearing fragile (see Aurora panic attack).  Robyn had a coach, her mother, who taught her how to be the most important person/sisterwife in Kody's life.  The others were too busy trying to integrate another family to notice the game Robyn was playing.  Kody just had a boner for a woman 10 years younger than he is who he didn't have a history of poverty and strife.

Robyn doesn't have to be smarter than Kody to manipulate him.  It's a different skill set like comparing book smart to street smart.  Robyn indeed was taught by her mother and she clearly hones in on each person's emotional vulnerability.  That doesn't take intelligence, but more a streak of cunning and willingness to prey on people.  Some people are born with an emotional antenna that other people aren't.  Robyn has one and also has the lack of moral integrity that allows her to use it solely to advance her own agenda.  If Robyn had more intelligence she might have been able to foresee the consequences of her actions.  

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

She only has to be smarter than Kody.

Oh my word, the laugh that just came out of me! 

He is very open to her slight suggestions and nuanced comments so all she has to do is suggest something, cry, whathaveyou and he is done.  He is a sucker for a woman crying and appearing fragile (see Aurora panic attack). 

I don't think he's a sucker for a woman crying, but I agree that it works for Robyn. I have seen him look disturbingly angry when Meri and Christine have cried. Aurora's a kid (or was when she had that episode). I do think most adults would be hard put to not respond to a young person who was in a similar state (no matter the cause).

Robyn had a coach, her mother, who taught her how to be the most important person/sisterwife in Kody's life.  The others were too busy trying to integrate another family to notice the game Robyn was playing. 

The above is spot-on.

1 hour ago, ladyscorpio said:

Christine did want to watch her kids but Robyn never allowed her to. Christine was hurt when she found out they had a nanny wondering why 

I think (and have always felt) this was some master class spin from Christine.

After Truely was born, Christine talked (on the show) about not wanting to watch everyone's kids anymore, and taking a step back to concentrate on her own kids. She [paraphrase] basically said she took care of Janelle's kids to her own kids' detriment. I don't remember what episode that was in, but it was fairly early on.

Regarding the bit you pointed out, Lady S, S08.E04, "One More Woman in Kody's Life," aired in January 2015. It appears to have been filmed late summer/early fall in 2014, so when it was filmed Paedon would've been about 16, Gwen would have been 13, Ysabel would've been 11. Truely would've been 4. Every kid in that family, except for Truely, would have been of public school age. Christine was no longer home all day with 5 or 6 or 7 little ones.

It's the episode where Mykelti and Aspyn move into an apartment together, so Christine complains that's she's losing all her help. Truely was the only one in that little stage of life. At any rate, Christine decided to move in Grandma Annie (Christine's mom).

In a group couch segment, Christine said, "It's really, really hard moving in my mom, because of 'why'. The reason I wanted plural marriage is because I liked the idea of helping raise my sister wives' kids, and my sister wives helping me raise my kids. We haven't been able to that here [Las Vegas]. It's just we're too busy. We're all doing these different things, where we're working."

Christine then singled out Robyn. "It was really difficult for me when you got a babysitter, 'cause my first thought was, 'Why aren't we good enough'? It's like, 'Why don't you trust me with your kids? Why wouldn't you ask me first'? I didn't get it."

I'm tired of quoting, but you can watch it for yourselves. I felt Robyn was the one being gaslighted (for a change). After explaining why Mindy came to Vegas, Robyn did point out that all the Brown moms "work" (do the show, which they're not usually allowed to acknowledge on the show) together, so when Robyn needs childcare, Christine is not available.

Christine already knew that too, because she acknowledged it with her "It's just we're too busy. We're all doing these different things, where we're working."

Still Christine went on to say it "broke [her] heart," and told Robyn "You're never going to need me."

To me, the looks on Meri, Kody, and Janelle's faces all seem to indicate they thought Christine was spewing doublespeak, too. Robyn looks like she's thinking, "Am I going crazy?"

It's one of the times, on this show, that I thought Christine was absolutely full of shit and just trying to best Robyn on camera, even though she knew the whole family would think she was full of shit, too.

The thing is, if that is what Christine was doing, she won that round. It seems to me most of the fandom just accepts Christine's take on it, even though it made no sense (since they all worked together). That little bit of manipulation paid off for Christine, for years.

I say this as someone who loves Christine and can't stand Robyn. I think it was absolute spin.

I also think that Paedon bullied (and maybe hit) a few of the pixie girls, so if Robyn didn't want her kids being babysat at Christine's house, I get it.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
On 12/23/2023 at 5:58 PM, Sweetpea12 said:

Her body language spoke volumes.  Arms crossed against her chest and her body turned away from him.     

Kody seems to be mentally unwell.   When will Robyn flee?

Watching the both of them miserably doing the "watch back" made me think of my mother's favorite saying, "Beware of what you wish for, you may get it. Just not in the form you expected." Robyn wished she had Cody and now she does.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
On 1/4/2024 at 4:44 PM, General Days said:

In a group couch segment, Christine said, "It's really, really hard moving in my mom, because of 'why'. The reason I wanted plural marriage is because I liked the idea of helping raise my sister wives' kids, and my sister wives helping me raise my kids. We haven't been able to that here [Las Vegas]. It's just we're too busy. We're all doing these different things, where we're working."

A lot of what you say makes sense. Aside from TRULEY, Christine was probably thinking she was done with all the babysitting, since she was done, and she was working again. I also don't think she felt Robyn's kids needed babysitting because they were of age where they could be just with Peyton.

And her quote makes me wonder if that was a dig at Robyn since Robyn didn't work, why couldn't she look after Truley etc. while Christine was at work? But I also believe Christine wasn't into looking after Robyn's kids from another man - she had no interest in that. But I think she would have loved raising Solomon and the cray cray little girl I can't remember her name lol.

Then again, maybe once Robyn started requesting kody to come home to her, on the other wives' days, she decided she wasn't going to do anything to help Robyn.

• Like 10
On 1/3/2024 at 11:10 AM, laurakaye said:

Who else sermonizes to a group of children about how her kids' bio father stole her "cookie"?  And that her precious cookie was actually always meant for the bio father of most of the kids watching this highly inappropriate discussion? 

Ooh ooh, can I answer?

I agree totally, but I wish your replies weren't merged because you wrote things that I really wanted to comment on individually, like Aurora's panic attack (the drama, puhleese) especially since Robyn led her to it. "Kody, she's getting that look, oh she's going to have a panic attack" It wasn't even subliminal.

But that last bit I quoted immediately takes me back to the scene where kody was bragging that he picked out Robyn's wedding dress. And then he went on to complain why aren't men involved? What a narcissistic jerk. I just still can't get over how wrong he was, in every way possible, but he's so stupid, he still doesn't get it.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
On 12/19/2023 at 6:41 PM, NoWhammies said:

I've come with some helpful advice for Robyn. They make Puffs Plus tissues with Vicks VapoRub embedded in the tissue. I know because my hubby brought me some for this cold I'm fighting. I forgot they had Vicks in them and wiped my eyes. Instant tears. And it just looks like a normal tissue. No need to stare at lights or poke my eyes with my fingers. Just a discreet dab will do. If I ever feel the urge to dry cry (don't know why I would, but I suppose it could come in handy), I've got these babies at my disposal. 

Those tissues are a trip!  I bought them by mistake.

The no tears things doesn’t bother me quite as much as her strange facial expressions while trying to appear upset.  It makes her so ugly.

I agree, Robyn planned this out, but she never thought the OG3 would walk.  How she lived in that mansion sickened me.

• Like 21

Haven't visited here in a bit. Very insightful replies. For whatever reason, Robyn totally has Kody's number. Whether it's because she was the bright, shiny new toy or because she fed his huge ego or a combination of both, who can say. In the end, the OG3 look and seem happier and healthier than when they left Utah. 

• Like 18

@ladle I know I’m late to the party but I don’t hate Robyn. I think she’s selfish and a liar but she’s not Kody. I do think she miscalculated how TIRED Kody would be in his mid 50s and how having so many adult children in the family would alter the dynamic.

I think if Robyn could rewind the clock she would’ve encouraged Kody to be a bit more attentive to Janelle and Christine,(I think Meri was a lost cause), because of all the money they brought to the family pot and the value of the show. And mindful of the relationship between he and the adult kids. 

But Kody doesn’t have the energy at 50 he had at 30, and now there are a bunch of adult kids setting their own boundaries that changes things.

I think at the end of the day Robyn never expected the OG3 to leave. Never. Robyn has spent her adult life searching for a male provider, I think she is truly shocked they actually left. 

It should be noted that I probably come from this point of view because I’m not living a heteronormative lifestyle and have no fears of my marriage or partnership falling a part etc (because I wont have one). 

• Like 10

This thought is giving me a headache. But according to Robyn , a woman in their faith is not spiritually divorced until there are intimate relations, right ?   So did she get spiritually divorced before the wedding to kootie head ?  Or did he marry a married woman ???    For people so concerned with “purity” 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15

I love watching the older episodes now.  This morning, I am watching the one where the Anthropology students visit.

ROBYN:  “What’s the worst that could happen?  They say this lifestyle isn’t going to work.”   😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 11
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

This thought is giving me a headache. But according to Robyn , a woman in their faith is not spiritually divorced until there are intimate relations, right ?   So did she get spiritually divorced before the wedding to kootie head ?  Or did he marry a married woman ???    For people so concerned with “purity” 

Now now. Robyn spent endless hours on her knees restoring that discarded and broken purity to revitalize it like it was shiny and new so that she could give that most perfect and greatest of all prizes to the one mostest perfectest specimen Kody Brown, who she should have been with from day one...

Naturally discounting the fact that she was 11 1/2 years old when Kody married Meri...

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Crybrows always has flaming pants.  Lying comes very easily to her.

4 hours ago, dariafan said:

She should be asked that question in one of these Look Back episodes.  😜

• Like 7

IMO, neither Sobbyn nor Douche should be allowed by TLC to not answer certain questions. They are employees of TLC and as such should have in their contracts certain clauses that should they either refuse OR evade answering certain questions during the show, the then x amount of their payment will be docked. Period. End of story. Why they are allowed to get away with this is bullshit. When Douche didn't want to watch a certain clip of he and Janelle fighting, the producer should have said, "I realize it's not a pleasant clip to revisit but this is a show and you agreed to do it so DO IT."

I just want the OG three to continue filming but not Douche and  Sobbyn. I want to know that they are watching the show knowing they get less or nothing while the other three ex wives are making money off them for a change.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I so totally agree with you @surfgirl!! K&R should not be exempt from the hard /uncomfortable questions!!  They should have had their pay docked for each they refused!!

If I never see either one of them again on my TV it will be TOO SOON!

Edited by Gramto6
dumb random period, don't know how I keep doing it
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, surfgirl said:

IMO, neither Sobbyn nor Douche should be allowed by TLC to not answer certain questions. They are employees of TLC and as such should have in their contracts certain clauses that should they either refuse OR evade answering certain questions during the show, the then x amount of their payment will be docked. Period. End of story. Why they are allowed to get away with this is bullshit. When Douche didn't want to watch a certain clip of he and Janelle fighting, the producer should have said, "I realize it's not a pleasant clip to revisit but this is a show and you agreed to do it so DO IT."

I just want the OG three to continue filming but not Douche and  Sobbyn. I want to know that they are watching the show knowing they get less or nothing while the other three ex wives are making money off them for a change.

I agree!! Somebody had said that Kody is friends with one of the producers and that's why him and Sobbyn get away with acting like that. The other wives never object to watching clips of themselves,no matter how painful or embarrassing.  Those two shouldn't get special treatment. It's also annoying how they get softball questions on the Tell Nothing shows and they sit there and lie and are never held accountable.  I wish Tlc would play back all the clips right after they are caught in a lie and confont them about it on the spot. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Thinking about this idea that you aren't divorced until you sleep with another man. Does this mean that although Robyn was legally divorced from Jessop they were still married when Kody came acourtin'?

Or did Kody and Robyn quickly become intimate before marriage so that Kody wouldn't be courting a married woman--just a divorced mother of three?

Since Robyn was sexually active before marrying her first husband it does seem possible she would do it again.

And why do I care to know?

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Thinking about this idea that you aren't divorced until you sleep with another man. Does this mean that although Robyn was legally divorced from Jessop they were still married when Kody came acourtin'?

Or did Kody and Robyn quickly become intimate before marriage so that Kody wouldn't be courting a married woman--just a divorced mother of three?

Since Robyn was sexually active before marrying her first husband it does seem possible she would do it again.

And why do I care to know?

Robyn was legally married to her first husband so not sure if the spiritual rules for “official divorce” applied to her.
I also think she was badly attempting to explain that in their religion, which none of them really follow now?, that a woman basically doesn’t matter and has no status in the afterlife outside the husband. If they’re sealed foever for eternity, the church can do an unsealing, or she can commit adultery by sleeping with another man and that voids the sealing. So Christine would be sealed to kody until that seal is broken by Christine, because Kody can’t leave. They have no church. So Christine needs to boink somebody else to break that eternal seal. 
According to Christine, Janelle, and Meri, this is all a load of  baloney and not church doctrine. Doctrine of the church Christine left so rules don’t apply to her anymore anyway.

Also I don’t think anybody believes Robyn and Kody weren’t intimate before their church marriage. She has a history of doing whatever to trap a man, and he was way too giddy and willing to dump his 12 kids and pregnant wife to drive five hours one way every single weekend to not be compensated some how. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7