Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

Replying to @LilyD’s post from the Brown kids thread about Robyn and her debt. 

I don’t disagree with you- I know how Robyn is, and don’t think her version is the absolutely truth. But a lot of people are absolutely emotionally blinded in a divorce and financially ignorant to boot. I think it’s likely Robyn liked to spend, but I also don’t think her husband was totally in the dark and I think a bunch of that debit was used to buy household things, things for the children and him. I can believe she was ignorant and emotional and just wanted to be divorced from him as quickly as possible; because often people behave that way during a divorce. It can be so emotionally charged people for get how to add and subtract. 

I can believe that Robyn’s story has a fair amount of truth to it, just because it’s in the realm of often occurring circumstances. Also like tends to attract like, and while many people can be blindsided by a partner’s short comings (especially if it was a quick marriage), I can believe any man attracted to Robyn probably had similar personality traits. 

But you’re right we are only hearing one side and that’s something to remember. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

From @Laurakaye's post in the show thread:

I am of the camp that Robyn knew exactly what she wanted before she ever entered the family and took several careful steps to get where she is right now - except she wanted the Big Three to stick around and be jealous of her and her relationship with Kody.  She wanted to be envied.  That way she gets Kody and they get to keep the show and the money from the show.

The fact that she cries constantly is also interesting to me...a lot of times, when you look back on something that happened, you've processed it enough to talk about it without crying.  When Robyn does her couch interviews, she's discussing something that's already happened, so her constant tears - fake or not - don't make sense to me in a lot of situations.  She cried on her very first couch interview with the adults, if I'm not mistaken.

I am not sure Robyn had an actual plan to disrupt the other relationships and claim Kody for herself (although that is clearly what happened).  I think she really just wanted to be the favorite wife, the spoiled one.  But in pursuit of that goal,  some of her character traits have spelled disaster for Meri, Christine, and Janelle.  And Kody and the kids, too, actually.   

By referencing her character,  I mean this:  In my opinion, at her core, Robyn is two things:  manipulative and LAZY.   The endless fake tears have always been the most obvious sign of her willingness to weaponize her emotions to control other people.  She manipulates everyone's perception of her (Robyn is so emotional, so caring, so sensitive) as well as their treatment of her with this technique (don't challenge her, contradict her, no saying anything to upset her more).  It is so transparent I can't believe she hasn't been called out on the tearless weeping on camera.  But that's how it works ... nobody wants to openly be the bad guy.  Thus, she is able to shut down any line of conversation that makes her uncomfortable. 

The last several family conversations she has been present for (that she didn't shut down with her dry crying) have revealed her to be calculating and controlling of the discussion  She's got Kody reading from a script.  And she is more than willing to put on an act to make herself look innocent, re-writing history whenever it suits her.  For all her supposed communication skills and ever-present desire to repair the family, Kody admitted she is as guilty of badmouthing her sisterwives as any of them, with a focus on portraying herself as the constant victim of everyone else.   And the way she seizes up with empathy whenever Kody has a tantrum is nothing more than a technique to use Kody's narcissim to her advantage ... she is validating his indignation by quietly supporting his outburst, gaining his trust and favoritism at the same time.  She is his champion and he is hers, with her setting him up to return the favor and defend her at every turn (except he does it LOUDLY).  

And lazy?  Please.  Even with Kody and the other teens in the house, she still needs a nanny to tend her kids.   You just know there is cleaning and laundry involved in that arrangement, too.  She allows Ari to sleep until noon so she doesn't have to parent her.  She's never had a job outside the home, either.  The Sisterwives Closet thing was a joke and she bitched constantly that the other wives weren't helping her enough.  My question is not "what does the nanny DO?" my questiion is WTF does ROBYN do?  Aside from suck up the family money for her giant house with the extra lots, filled to bursting with her crappy collections, her shopping trips to Victoria's Secret, and her nights out with Kody, I mean. ??? Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller? 

The fact that the family has imploded is not a surprise  ... you take a lazy ass cow who wants the good things in life without working for them and set her up with a raging narcissist who has an IQ of 99.8 to manipulate and that is what happens.  Throw in some brainwashed plyg women who are growing tired of the idea that their misery is a challenge from God to be a better person and add in a passel of kids who have escaped the compound and learned that other people don't live this way, and you have the Browns.  Or what is left of them, anyway.

Robyn has essentially operated as a slow-moving wrecking ball hitting the family gently for a dozen years as she put her wants ahead of everyone else's needs.  But here is the thing ... Kody let her.  And that makes him equally, if not more CULPABLE (that word!) than her.  He created this family.  It was his to protect.  He has always sucked as a father, husband, and person in general.  But ... I think somewhere between being bewitched by Robyn's machinations and the fact that he would probably follow "little Kody" into a forest fire if that's where he was pointing ... Kody allowed himself to be worked over to the point that he has alienated almost everyone in his world.  And that is 100% his fault. 

I'm just glad Christine and Janelle managed to bond in a way that seems to be preserving a sense of ongoing family for their children.  It would be a tragedy if the kids lost the bond that was created before Robyn entered the picture.  

I applaud this!  Great post, Celia!  ❣️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

Oh I don't think Robyn had secret credit cards or did a lot of shopping. Let's be honest: Victoria's Secret purchases are as much for the guy as for the woman who wears it😉      I just meant that I suspect she had the cards/loans in her own name which is why she still had them after the divorce. Not because she so kindly and lovingly (or ignorantly) took them from him as she wants us to believe. 

Robyn doesn't do nice or anything at all for that matter unless she actually gets better from it, not worse. So it would definitely go against her nature to relieve ex-hubby of those debts. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Binx said:

Crescent shape!?, Makes me think of the Moon. Robin's damn face is square as f***. She ages like hell she looks like s*** her face is a square box.

She might look good to Kotex, but to me she isn't any more attractive than the other three. I would Love to see kotex court  a somewhat  pretty, younger than sobbin, potential sister wife. I bet Sobbin wouldn't be having it!🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Who did Robyn give her stale “cookie” to after her first husband so she could be “officially divorced” before she “married” Kody? Surely His Royal Highness Kody would NEVER sleep with a “married” woman.  I would ask about Janelle but hopefully she just picked up some dude at an Eminem house show 😊

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 12/2/2022 at 2:36 AM, Granny58 said:

Yes, he's an egocentric douche, but I loved moving as a kid (military life). I still have the wanderlust.

I know some kids don't mind it. My kids hated it though, which is why we do everything we can to not uproot them again, even if it means that dad temporarily only spends weekends with us... Though I will say that most kids adapt and rebuild their lives after a move. But we just don't want to put them through it again for the foreseeable future.

From the footage we were shown on SW  it was quite obvious the kids hated every move. The kids' reaction when told about the move from Lehi to Las Vegas was heart-breaking. And the chaotic move, and house-hopping before eventually settling down, didn't help either. One of Janelle's boys took forever to adjust (Hunter?) And I'll never forget Gabe's devastated look when he had to give up everything he had in Las Vegas to start again in Flag Staff.... 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

I know some kids don't mind it. My kids hated it though, which is why we do everything we can to not uproot them again, even if it means that dad temporarily only spends weekends with us... Though I will say that most kids adapt and rebuild their lives after a move. But we just don't want to put them through it again for the foreseeable future.

From the footage we were shown on SW  it was quite obvious the kids hated every move. The kids' reaction when told about the move from Lehi to Las Vegas was heart-breaking. And the chaotic move, and house-hopping before eventually settling down, didn't help either. One of Janelle's boys took forever to adjust (Hunter?) And I'll never forget Gabe's devastated look when he had to give up everything he had in Las Vegas to start again in Flag Staff.... 

I think it’s harder when a kid is into sports and expecting something like an athletic scholarship (forgot which kid was a stellar wrestler). To up and move them like that is devastating — they know their team, familiar with school, all of a sudden BAM, move. Start over. I’d have felt a lot of resentment if I were one of those kids. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
On 12/15/2022 at 4:19 PM, LilyD said:

Agreed.  Our moves weren't like that, led by a manic depressive noodle head.  Ours were positive experiences.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 12/14/2022 at 4:31 PM, LilyD said:

Oh I don't think Robyn had secret credit cards or did a lot of shopping. Let's be honest: Victoria's Secret purchases are as much for the guy as for the woman who wears it😉      I just meant that I suspect she had the cards/loans in her own name which is why she still had them after the divorce. Not because she so kindly and lovingly (or ignorantly) took them from him as she wants us to believe. 

Robyn doesn't do nice or anything at all for that matter unless she actually gets better from it, not worse. So it would definitely go against her nature to relieve ex-hubby of those debts. 

I also wanted to point out, and I mentioned this in the Meri thread- VS sold more than just undergarments in the early 2000s. They sold a lot of clothing, bathing suits, body care products, makeup etc. I was in college around the time Robyn was with her first husband VS Pink was the hottest thing, I lived in it law school mostly (so 2007-10). I’m not surprised if someone had $1000 on a credit card from there- I know I did!(especially after buying holiday gifts) if you’re only paying minimums, credit card debt adds up quickly. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

From watching clips and the first episodes... I think anyone coming into the family as a 4th wife..16 years after the 3rd wife would have caused seismic upheaval.

However...with Robyn I noticed the following:

1) she never joked or had banter with the other 3 sister wives even in later seasons.  She either was sad, pious, or bored. 

2) she seemed to be more conservative religiously...believing kids shouldn't choose churches or religion until adulthood.

3) she was more traditional/strict in terms of gender roles.  Meri was going to school then had the B&B, Janelle worked full time, and Christine was maternal/warm with the kids..letting them be individuals.  Robyn coming in threw off the balance and didn't want to adapt to the family rhythm.

• Like 14
25 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

From watching clips and the first episodes... I think anyone coming into the family as a 4th wife..16 years after the 3rd wife would have caused seismic upheaval.

However...with Robyn I noticed the following:

1) she never joked or had banter with the other 3 sister wives even in later seasons.  She either was sad, pious, or bored. 

2) she seemed to be more conservative religiously...believing kids shouldn't choose churches or religion until adulthood.

3) she was more traditional/strict in terms of gender roles.  Meri was going to school then had the B&B, Janelle worked full time, and Christine was maternal/warm with the kids..letting them be individuals.  Robyn coming in threw off the balance and didn't want to adapt to the family rhythm.

And Kidney let it happen. He wants to blame that he wasn't running the family and he wasn't. But as a 4th wife, she should have and he should have been more understanding with the first 3 and how things had been done. He let Robyn have her family come be nannies, etc., he let her have her way on everything basically. The original three had to fend for themselves and raise the kids on their own and run their households on their own. So him wanting and saying what he does in the tell all is bs. He didn't want to be bothered. He wanted it to just all magically be good and when questioned or told something was wrong he never fixed it.

• Like 12
37 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

And Kidney let it happen. He wants to blame that he wasn't running the family and he wasn't. But as a 4th wife, she should have and he should have been more understanding with the first 3 and how things had been done. He let Robyn have her family come be nannies, etc., he let her have her way on everything basically. The original three had to fend for themselves and raise the kids on their own and run their households on their own. So him wanting and saying what he does in the tell all is bs. He didn't want to be bothered. He wanted it to just all magically be good and when questioned or told something was wrong he never fixed it.

Robyn was only interested in having relationships with the other wives in the way it served her. Not that the OG 3 didn’t have problems or issues, but I think they did TRY, and I think they did come together and work for the benefit of the kids. Robyn wanted the benefits of a plural family without any pesky Sister Wives to think about. She wanted to be Queen Bee, 1st wife, and I think she got lucky in that Kody actually fell in love with her (for whatever reason)- because that’s the only reason he would ever allow her to behave has she did. The “new vagina” allure would’ve worn off after a few years, yes she’s younger, but not that much younger. This wasn’t about sex (although I’m sure that played a part initially)- Kody fell in love with Robyn and didn’t have any use for the OG 3 once that happened. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2

Jumping off (or on) @toodywoody's post...

Christine was the sole owner of the traditional wife role prior to Robyn. The problem was the Brown family wasn't financially stable enough to have one wife be a traditional wife.

Kody may have wanted to be a headship, but his wives had to scramble and bring in money. Scrambling for money made them more independent and Kody less of a headship. Once Robyn came along TLC money was coming in. So after the family pushed through all the hard times, she comes in without a care in the world and takes on the role of traditional wife without the stress of scrambling for money.

Robyn got the role Christine always wanted, but got it without having to work for it. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 11
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jumping off (or on) @toodywoody's post...

Christine was the sole owner of the traditional wife role prior to Robyn. The problem was the Brown family wasn't financially stable enough to have one wife be a traditional wife.

Kody may have wanted to be a headship, but his wives had to scramble and bring in money. Scrambling for money made them more independent and Kody less of a headship. Once Robyn came along TLC money was coming in. So after the family pushed through all the hard times, she comes in without a care in the world and takes on the role of traditional wife without the stress of scrambling for money.

Robyn got the role Christine always wanted, but got without having to work for it. 

So well said!!

I do think the fame/income from the show changed the dynamic of the family as much (or more?) as adding a new wife.  

It's not just that the family finally had the extra money to allow Sobyn to take a more traditional stay at home mom role either.  It's also that Sobyn seemed so very interested in money in general.  There is no other way to explain the ridiculous size of her house and her employment of nannies. 

From the start Sobyn seemed more engaged with the financial security of her new family than she ever was with personal relationships with family members.  (Honestly she doesn't even seem that interested in Kidney.)

So they ended up with such a huge family divide.  On one side, those who fought to hold their family together during the hard times, and Robyn who stepped into a more financially sound situation.  

In typical Kidney fashion, he was more than happy to leave the hardships behind along with the wives and children, and move onto the new phase of his life.  I'm sure he believes the TLC money and minor fame was long overdue to him.  He was happy to finally move onto a lifestyle he felt derserving of. Robyn just happened to be the wife there at the time.  So he moved on with her.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

In the spoiler and SM thread there was some speculation on whether Robyn was the cause for the falling apart of the marriages a few days back.

Was she indeed? Or was it the reality show that knocked on their doors? I believe this being the case, with Robyn just being the catalyst that sped up their path to ultimate doom within that same show.

Without the show, they would likely still be unhappily stuck in their big house in Lehi, ensconced within the “safe”and clingy environment of their polygamous community that dictates every move. There are a lot of unhappy marriages in (strict) religious communities and they generally don’t do divorces for that unless it’s an absolute hopeless case.  They would have been told to suck it up and deal with it and be the best mom and grandmom to their own kids. And the kids would all have been doomed down the plyg path, including Leon and Gwen….

Not sure where this scenario would have left Robyn if she had indeed married. Maybe in an annex to the big house with Kody spending more/all time there like he does now. But from what I gathered from these marriages that often happens.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

In the spoiler and SM thread there was some speculation on whether Robyn was the cause for the falling apart of the marriages a few days back.

Was she indeed? Or was it the reality show that knocked on their doors? I believe this being the case, with Robyn just being the catalyst that sped up their path to ultimate doom within that same show.

Without the show, they would likely still be unhappily stuck in their big house in Lehi, ensconced within the “safe”and clingy environment of their polygamous community that dictates every move. There are a lot of unhappy marriages in (strict) religious communities and they generally don’t do divorces for that unless it’s an absolute hopeless case.  They would have been told to suck it up and deal with it and be the best mom and grandmom to their own kids. And the kids would all have been doomed down the plyg path, including Leon and Gwen….

Not sure where this scenario would have left Robyn if she had indeed married. Maybe in an annex to the big house with Kody spending more/all time there like he does now. But from what I gathered from these marriages that often happens.

I think if there hadnt been a show Kody might not have married Robyn. Robyn might not have wanted to marry HIM- entering into a plural family that was barely afloat. She might have held out for a better offer. 

If she did marry Kody, they would’ve put a trailer for her on the property, and once Leon moved out, Kody would’ve asked Meri to move into the trailer and give Robyn/her kids her wing. I do think Kody fell in love with Robyn and Vice versa. 

I don’t think the kids would’ve been doomed down the plyg path. Would’ve have been likely Leon and Gwen would’ve come out? No, but I think the kids would’ve probably ended up in monogamous partnerships/marriages, the Browns did know plenty of monogamous people, and while Kody is an asshat, no one was going to betroth the kids against their will or force them into a plural marriage. 

• Like 7

I don’t think Robyn would have married Kody without the show. She recently said in a TH that she had other offers back then.  She wouldn’t have gone to a family that couldn’t pay their own bills, let alone hers.  That’s what the Browns were then.   With cars with broken windows and bad tires. She knew about the TV contract and the money that  would soon be paid. 
Paedon said on social media that the show saved the kids from a life of polygamy.  The older kids were asked each season if they would be polygamous. The number of yes’s dwindled every year. Leon and Aspen were the last two yes’s /and that changed too. 
Without the show and without Robyn, I think the original three wives might still be there in the same Lehi house and Janelle would still be working at the state. Or it’s also possible Kody would have moved them back to Wyoming.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t think Robyn would have married Kody without the show. She recently said in a TH that she had other offers back then.  She wouldn’t have gone to a family that couldn’t pay their own bills, let alone hers.  That’s what the Browns were then.   With cars with broken windows and bad tires. She knew about the TV contract and the money that  would soon be paid.  

Without the money from the show they couldn't have housed her and her kids in Lehi.  There was no room in the house for them and no way could they have afforded to set her up in that dreary little duplex.  They were broke.  Where would she have lived?  She'd have to get her own place, get a job and ? depend on Christine to watch her kids?  Yeah, not gonna happen.

No show, no marriage, I agree.

14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

If she did marry Kody, they would’ve put a trailer for her on the property, and once Leon moved out, Kody would’ve asked Meri to move into the trailer and give Robyn/her kids her wing. 

Wait, so that means there is actually a lower status than being the "basement wife" ... the dreaded "trailer wife?"  Oh, the horror!

It likely would have been an even crappier trailer than the one Robyn was living in, too.  And no way would she actually take a step down in living conditions to join the family.  Not a chance.  She'd have kept on spraying her scent out there like the cat in heat that she was until she found a family with more money to destroy   marry into.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

A woman with three kids, a half eaten cookie, and $3K in VS bills? Sure, Jan.

She must have been spraying that scent with a fire hose to catch Kootie.

She was thin and pretty with nice hair and a nice figure etc. I think you are overestimating what attracts most men lol. 3K is nothing in the larger scheme of things, to date a conventionally attractive younger woman. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I don't think Kody (and Meri) would have been looking for another wife if not for the show. Meri was HBIC and the last baby was ready to be born. No need to upset the apple cart.

I'm not sure any of the kids would have gone the polyg way even if they stayed in Lehi though. Young kids always want to be like their parents - until they don't. Nothing about polygamy is appealing and as the kids aged they saw that. As far as Leon and Gwen finding themselves, that likely would have happened too, once they went to college.

I think Christine still would have been miserable too. She wanted a sisterhood that was never going to happen and she did "want the man" which was never going to happen either.

Robyn coming onboard certainly changed things up though. If not for her Meri would still be married to Kody. Janelle would still be around, but I'm not sure Christine would be. And of course without TLC, Kody's "biggest fear" would likely be true, or close to true.

• Like 13
8 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

She was thin and pretty with nice hair and a nice figure etc. I think you are overestimating what attracts most men lol. 3K is nothing in the larger scheme of things, to date a conventionally attractive younger woman. 

Yeah she was prettier at the time than the other three, and what are 3 more kids to add to the passel that Kody prob couldn’t even tell apart anyway? Also $3k - when have any of them ever been halfway responsible with finances? Kody was horny, Meri wanted to impress Kody and have a bestie to lord over the other 2 wives with, Robyn got a babysitter and bills payed off, and they all got a tv show.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

14 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Yeah she was prettier at the time than the other three, and what are 3 more kids to add to the passel that Kody prob couldn’t even tell apart anyway? Also $3k - when have any of them ever been halfway responsible with finances? Kody was horny, Meri wanted to impress Kody and have a bestie to lord over the other 2 wives with, Robyn got a babysitter and bills payed off, and they all got a tv show.

I don’t think Robyn was a prize in mainstream society-beauty is subjective and she did have three kids already and no skills, men would’ve been willing to have sex with her, but MARRY her, nah. But she wanted a PLURAL family. She didn’t want to marry another divorced monogamous guy with 2 kids of his own and child-support payments. I also think she did fall for Kody on a personal level. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Quoting @laurakaye from the episode thread:

https://forums.primetimer.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=136208&content_commentid=7813768

Yeah, MSWC was just a WEIRD idea. Janelle getting into real estate seemed to make a bit more sense with the move to Las Vegas. I distinctly remember Janelle calling it a "hobby business". If they wanted to sell accessories, they should've made their demographic a little wider. Even Meri's MLM (although I dont care for MLMs) made sense given their social media presence. 

• Like 9
47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

https://forums.primetimer.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=136208&content_commentid=7813768

Yeah, MSWC was just a WEIRD idea. Janelle getting into real estate seemed to make a bit more sense with the move to Las Vegas. I distinctly remember Janelle calling it a "hobby business". If they wanted to sell accessories, they should've made their demographic a little wider. Even Meri's MLM (although I dont care for MLMs) made sense given their social media presence. 

MSWC was a stupid idea. It really indicated how isolated and self centered this group is, especially Robin, to think there was a marketable audience for the junk jewelry and really tacky Ed Hardy knock off tees. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Even though Meri painting on the show, and making different paintings for each wife was a storyline long ago, I have wondered if she should paint some more and put them up online. I suspect some of her rabid fans would pay good money for an original...or even produce limited runs of autographed prints.

ETA: Another thought...

I am quite perplexed by Gwen saying that Robyn is still doing the MSWC, even though the site is still stating "we are updating" and has since March of 2019. Is there something that we are all missing? Someone is obviously paying for the site to take up internet space, but even Paedon said aways back off hand that Robyn uses her phone for "work".

Edited by Roslyn
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Even though Meri painting on the show, and making different paintings for each wife was a storyline long ago, I have wondered if she should paint some more and put them up online. I suspect some of her rabid fans would pay good money for an original...or even produce limited runs of autographed prints.

ETA: Another thought...

I am quite perplexed by Gwen saying that Robyn is still doing the MSWC, even though the site is still stating "we are updating" and has since March of 2019. Is there something that we are all missing? Someone is obviously paying for the site to take up internet space, but even Paedon said aways back off hand that Robyn uses her phone for "work".

If she was smart, she would be "designing" jewelry that would appeal to Kody's clientele. Shove them in a case with price tags and send them along with Kody when he attends his gun shows.

I loathe to write that because of my feelings about guns, but, it is what it is.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If she was smart, she would be "designing" jewelry that would appeal to Kody's clientele. Shove them in a case with price tags and send them along with Kody when he attends his gun shows.

I kind of doubt that people who worship weapons of mass destruction will be interested in cheap jewelry.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I loathe to write that because of my feelings about guns, but, it is what it is.

that was my thought too; maybe she's doing craft shows again and/or she sets up a little table in the corner of gun shows.

7 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I kind of doubt that people who worship weapons of mass destruction will be interested in cheap jewelry.

But then on second thought, yeah this.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

MSWC was a stupid idea. It really indicated how isolated and self centered this group is, especially Robin, to think there was a marketable audience for the junk jewelry and really tacky Ed Hardy knock off tees. 

I'm trying to remember If that hilariously bad pitch, the one where they were all roasted by those entrepreneurs over their amazing idea, was about MSWC? 

It doesn't really matter as it is the perfect example of how they come up with ideas, do only partial research (if at all) and only focus on the positives not the negatives.  Kody then always manages to draw them in. Whether it is MSWC, their gym (that never materialised) or the selling of their houses in Las Vegas. Kody knows best, especially if the whole business was dreamed up by his favourite wife. 

And their best businesses are the ones that were built by Meri, Janelle and Christine without his "professional" guidance.

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

MSWC is still a website, but I read on another forum that when one tries to check out, it doesn't work.  I'm not about to try it out, though.  

I'd rilly like to know how much money they lost on Sobbyn's dumb business idea.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

I'm trying to remember If that hilariously bad pitch, the one where they were all roasted by those entrepreneurs over their amazing idea, was about MSWC? 

It doesn't really matter as it is the perfect example of how they come up with ideas, do only partial research (if at all) and only focus on the positives not the negatives.  Kody then always manages to draw them in. Whether it is MSWC, their gym (that never materialised) or the selling of their houses in Las Vegas. Kody knows best, especially if the whole business was dreamed up by his favourite wife. 

And their best businesses are the ones that were built by Meri, Janelle and Christine without his "professional" guidance.

Yes, the pitch was for MSWC. And when they finally launched the website, they got a ton of hits, thanks to the show, but they were unable to convert them to sales.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I was very put off by the name of the business. I mean, they were already sharing a peen. Isn't that enough?  Now they are poking around in each other's closets, too?  Can't they have anything to themselves?

Speaking of sharing, I miss the early seasons when we could all play the exciting game called "Spot the Cold Sore."

• LOL 17
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Speaking of sharing, I miss the early seasons when we could all play the exciting game called "Spot the Cold Sore."

Aaaaah, the cold sores. The only thing Robyn contributed to the fambly. And I think it's telling that later on none of the original 3 wives had them any more? 

Edited by Elodia
Edit: Typo
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, General Days said:

Yes, the pitch was for MSWC. And when they finally launched the website, they got a ton of hits, thanks to the show, but they were unable to convert them to sales.

Oh yes! And I believe that one of those guys on the panel actually asked them what “so-many hits” meant and how they were going to turn those hits into actual sales. (Something about millions of hits and only about 500 sales) It made him very sceptical and careful. And rightly so, such high number of hits yet so few sales is a huge red flag business-wise.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, General Days said:

It was crazy--something like 2 million hits for 500 sales. I think the target is usually 2-3% conversion rate.

Lookie Loos.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It was crazy--something like 2 million hits for 500 sales. I think the target is usually 2-3% conversion rate.

Lookie Loos.

I looked and was both mystified and amused by what they were selling. Items looked cheap and were overpriced.

• Like 5
  • Love 1