Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

I just saw some interesting YouTube videos on Without a Crystal Ball where the host talks about Christine’s debt from Truley’s hospitalization.  I don’t know how reputable the sources are, but apparently the following came out:

• None of Christine’s six children were insured at the time of Truley’s hospitalization.
  • The bill was $450,000
  • This was supposedly around the same time that Kody was fighting to marry Robin and put her children on “his insurance.”  But his own biological children had none.
  • They were also spending many bucks on houses, cars, weddings and trips at the time.
  • They were some how able to purchase loads of real estate with $450,000 worth of medical debt hanging over their heads.
  • Christine told Truley about how much it cost to save her life while she was in the hospital, but then told her it was okay, she was worth it.  Major guilt trip for poor little Truley, which was probably meant to sting Kody, but Truley was collateral damage.
  • Speculation is that the $1m home for Robin was the last straw for Christine, as she is now flogging Lulano 24/7 to try to come up with the money for Ysabel’s surgery.
  • The bottom line to the couple videos I watched were to showcase the fact that Christine may just be over the joys of polygamy and tired of being a single mother because her “handsome man” is just about as worthless as they come and cares only about Robin and her kids.

Maybe my scenario where Meri and Christine take off and get their own show is closer than expected . . . I would watch the hell out of that show on one condition:  The original Sister Wives show would have to be cancelled - one show only, and Kootie and his wife and best friend (Janelle) would have to ask Meri and Christine if they could do guest appearances.  All future monies would need to funnel through Meri and Christine to Kody and what’s left of his harem.  Oh how I would dearly love to see the tables turned on him!  In that scenario, he would no longer have control over Meri or Christine’s destiny and he might be made to sell plague prairie in order to help Christine’s medical debt.  I bet she would love to live simply with no debt and lead a normal life where she started planning for her OWN retirement.  I also think that in the right circumstances, she and Meri could not only get along, they could help each other and be more fun and more interesting than the current show and cast.

Okay, I’m not super good at this, who wants to write up the show proposal for the production company?  If Meri and Christine aren’t smart enough to pitch this great new show, maybe we can help things along by having production go to them.  And we can save two women from this dumpster fire in the process . . . Anyone have any ideas for a show title?

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I don’t know how reputable the sources

She just rehashes articles she's found on the internet with somewhere between a dash and a few gallons of her own speculation.  

• Love 9

I thought Truly’s illness was well before Kody’s legal marriage to Robyn and before any of the kids were married. I thought Truly was around four at the time. Kody has only legally been married to Robyn maybe three or four years. Around that time Of Truly’s illness the show was still trying to make it seem like they were one big happy family. Weren’t all the wives away on the San Francisco trip where they joked about drinking?

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She just rehashes articles she's found on the internet with somewhere between a dash and a few gallons of her own speculation.  

Agreed, there's no way of knowing whether the Browns actually had medical insurance. I'm guessing that's all covered by HIPPA privacy laws. She's just surmising yet so many people assume she has the inside track. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I just saw some interesting YouTube videos on Without a Crystal Ball where the host talks about Christine’s debt from Truley’s hospitalization.  I don’t know how reputable the sources are, but apparently the following came out:

• None of Christine’s six children were insured at the time of Truley’s hospitalization.
  • The bill was $450,000
  • This was supposedly around the same time that Kody was fighting to marry Robin and put her children on “his insurance.”  But his own biological children had none.
  • They were also spending many bucks on houses, cars, weddings and trips at the time.
  • They were some how able to purchase loads of real estate with $450,000 worth of medical debt hanging over their heads.
  • Christine told Truley about how much it cost to save her life while she was in the hospital, but then told her it was okay, she was worth it.  Major guilt trip for poor little Truley, which was probably meant to sting Kody, but Truley was collateral damage.
  • Speculation is that the $1m home for Robin was the last straw for Christine, as she is now flogging Lulano 24/7 to try to come up with the money for Ysabel’s surgery.
  • The bottom line to the couple videos I watched were to showcase the fact that Christine may just be over the joys of polygamy and tired of being a single mother because her “handsome man” is just about as worthless as they come and cares only about Robin and her kids.

Maybe my scenario where Meri and Christine take off and get their own show is closer than expected . . . I would watch the hell out of that show on one condition:  The original Sister Wives show would have to be cancelled - one show only, and Kootie and his wife and best friend (Janelle) would have to ask Meri and Christine if they could do guest appearances.  All future monies would need to funnel through Meri and Christine to Kody and what’s left of his harem.  Oh how I would dearly love to see the tables turned on him!  In that scenario, he would no longer have control over Meri or Christine’s destiny and he might be made to sell plague prairie in order to help Christine’s medical debt.  I bet she would love to live simply with no debt and lead a normal life where she started planning for her OWN retirement.  I also think that in the right circumstances, she and Meri could not only get along, they could help each other and be more fun and more interesting than the current show and cast.

Okay, I’m not super good at this, who wants to write up the show proposal for the production company?  If Meri and Christine aren’t smart enough to pitch this great new show, maybe we can help things along by having production go to them.  And we can save two women from this dumpster fire in the process . . . Anyone have any ideas for a show title?

I just recently re-watched the adoption episode.  The reason they stated on the show was, that if anything ever happened to Robyn, she didn't want her children going back to their father.  So the only way for Kody to adopt them was for him to divorce Meri and marry Robyn.  Never once did they mention anything about insurance.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I thought Truly’s illness was well before Kody’s legal marriage to Robyn and before any of the kids were married. I thought Truly was around four at the time. Kody has only legally been married to Robyn maybe three or four years. Around that time Of Truly’s illness the show was still trying to make it seem like they were one big happy family. Weren’t all the wives away on the San Francisco trip where they joked about drinking?

Truely's illness was during Season 6 --  Sept. 2013-Feb. 2014

Kody and Robyn legally married during Season 9 --- Sept. 2015-Nov.2015 (that was a short season!)

The crystal ball must have been a bit cloudy when she wrote this piece.  Took me 2 minutes to google the time frame.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I worked at a hospital that was owned by a religious order (Catholic nuns). They owned five hospitals, all were named Saint _ _ _.

I shared a cubicle wall with someone who spent her day offering hefty discounts (as much as 60%) for paying cash instead of using insurance.

No interest was charged when a payment plan account was current but interest charges began and remained in effect when the account went delinquent.

Exempting medical accounts from interest charges is customary but not mandatory. 

Christine is hella lucky if she has been delinquent on 450k for six years and never been charged interest. 

• Useful 4

I have insurance.  I’ve had a bunch of surgeries, 2 last year.  I’ve NEVER been asked for a deposit. I just checked in, had it done, and they submitted the bill to insurance.  
I can’t imagine that Ysabel’s surgery would be considered elective with the medical facts behind it. 
Either they have really crappy insurance or are on the radar for nonpayment.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, suomi said:

I worked at a hospital that was owned by a religious order (Catholic nuns). They owned five hospitals, all were named Saint _ _ _.

I shared a cubicle wall with someone who spent her day offering hefty discounts (as much as 60%) for paying cash instead of using insurance.

No interest was charged when a payment plan account was current but interest charges began and remained in effect when the account went delinquent.

Exempting medical accounts from interest charges is customary but not mandatory. 

Christine is hella lucky if she has been delinquent on 450k for six years and never been charged interest. 

I'm surprised she hasn't been sued.  Our local hospital is merciless about collecting on accounts.  I have friends who have been sued for an outstanding balance of less than $1,000.  I have to wonder what hospital would not aggressively try to collect on a balance of nearly half a million dollars - particularly when the parents who owe that balance are on television living a very expensive lifestyle.  

My theory on the health insurance is that before the television program, all the Brown children were covered by Medicaid.  When the TV money started rolling in, they no longer qualified, and their parents couldn't be bothered to replace it with private coverage.  Just my guess.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Speculation is that the $1m home for Robin was the last straw for Christine, as she is now flogging Lulano 24/7 to try to come up with the money for Ysabel’s surgery.

Regardless of when Truely was in the hospital and when Kody legally married Robyn - the FACT remains that Robyn HADDDDDDDDDD to have a 6 bedroom house in PRICEY Flagstaff, Arizona because Dayton went to school there for a New York minute and then decided it wasn't for him - and they had to all move there to support him....and EVERYONE had to have their own bedroom and personal spa room and home office and own gym and Ysabel DOES need the surgery and although we certainly don't know the particulars - it doesn't look like Kody will do squat to help come up with some of the money.  Yes, that's an assumption.  But based on umpteen seasons, I've NEVER once thought that Kody seemed particularly fond of any of his kids, except Robyn's.

My opinion.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I have insurance.  I’ve had a bunch of surgeries, 2 last year.  I’ve NEVER been asked for a deposit. I just checked in, had it done, and they submitted the bill to insurance.  
I can’t imagine that Ysabel’s surgery would be considered elective with the medical facts behind it. 
Either they have really crappy insurance or are on the radar for nonpayment.  

My last surgery and my last procedure my last extensive test, all my doctors visits, I have to pay my portion up front.  Even though I've always paid on time.  It's just standard procedure at most places now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My last surgery and my last procedure my last extensive test, all my doctors visits, I have to pay my portion up front.  Even though I've always paid on time.  It's just standard procedure at most places now.

I also have had many surgeries and various extensive tests and I have never had to pay anything up front. I guess there are differences depending on where you live.

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Useful 3

Yeah, we owe $450k in medical bills but let's make sure we build a humongous house so we  can pretend we are one, big happy family.

And how big should the underground parking garage be?  OMG.  Let's make a big, fat hairy deal out of this.

These people make my blood boil.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Must be differences in hospitals/areas. When Mr lookeyloo had his stroke, the first hospital didn't ask for any payment upfront.  Then when he had his "recrudescence" that first hospital was on diversion so we went to another hospital and while he was waiting for the MRI someone came in and asked me for a deposit.  The Browns are always shady about owing, so hard to know what is still outstanding.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Regardless of when Truely was in the hospital and when Kody legally married Robyn - the FACT remains that Robyn HADDDDDDDDDD to have a 6 bedroom house in PRICEY Flagstaff, Arizona because Dayton went to school there for a New York minute and then decided it wasn't for him - and they had to all move there to support him....and EVERYONE had to have their own bedroom and personal spa room and home office and own gym and Ysabel DOES need the surgery and although we certainly don't know the particulars - it doesn't look like Kody will do squat to help come up with some of the money.  Yes, that's an assumption.  But based on umpteen seasons, I've NEVER once thought that Kody seemed particularly fond of any of his kids, except Robyn's.

My opinion.

Yeah, I guess that was my point in my original post.  I said I didn’t know the accuracy of the sources or “timelines” and I know that the gal from Without a Crystal Ball likes to reshuffle old news and make it seem like it is her own scoop.  She even quoted Soap Dirt for part of the video.  The point is that Christine has been doing a ton of live Lulano sales lately to try to earn the money for Ysabel’s surgery and I guess she has been making reference to a lot of this stuff, or alluding to it.  I’ve even heard that Janelle has been trying to help her with the sales - but I don’t know because I never tune in to any of those.  But what we all know is that Christine has a jumbo medical debt and another sick child to now deal with and she is basically on her own for all of it.  And where is Kootie?  Living large in a million dollar home with the only wife and kids he cares about.  Who says polygamy isn’t awesome, huh?  Meri, please grab Christine and get the hell out of there!!!

• Love 10

I’ve always wondered how the paid for Truley’s hospitalization. Turns out they didn’t. Since Christine is technically an unmarried woman with six kids at home (at the time) I am surprised Medicaid didn’t pick up the bill.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Kyanight said:

My opinion.

Well, Kody was partial to the wrestling boys but those days are over, and it will be a while before Sol is able to carry on the family tradition~

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Well, Kody was partial to the wrestling boys but those days are over, and it will be a while before Sol is able to carry on the family tradition~

Yep, they validated his prowess...but they are grown and gone on to very wonderful lives of their own, without Kootie. He has a long time to go before king Sol can revive the glory of Kootie's long ago achievements. Kootie is such a narcissistic asshat! He has some really wonderful daughters, the middle ones and Truely, the most overlooked, but he doesn't even acknowledge them.

I just don't understand his uninterested in his many flesh and blood kids over Robochins spawn and then their spawn. Asshat..

• Love 10
11 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

I’ve always wondered how the paid for Truley’s hospitalization. Turns out they didn’t. Since Christine is technically an unmarried woman with six kids at home (at the time) I am surprised Medicaid didn’t pick up the bill.

It is possible that Christine's past welfare fraud puts her on government watch lists and her TLC income was too high to qualify for Medicaid.

• Love 5
On 8/25/2020 at 3:41 PM, Gramto6 said:

I also have had many surgeries and various extensive tests and I have never had to pay anything up front. I guess there are differences depending on where you live.

That must be it.  Doctors appointment, I have a 30$ copay that I pay up front. Labs, MRIs, xrays, holter monitor, surgery etc, there’s no up front payment. I have Healthpartners insurance, and it’s been great.  I’m in western Wisconsin and my doctors are just across the border in Minnesota.  
The annual deductible is 100$ also paid up front at a doc appointment but never for the previously mentioned stuff.  It’s all billed.  

Edited by Meowwww
On 8/24/2020 at 2:35 PM, Absolom said:

She is considered a Youtube bottom feeder.  I now make a point of never watching her videos.

• Love 9
On 8/21/2020 at 2:40 PM, Sandy W said:

When Aspyn came out to the patio where he was charring steaks and expressed concern for Truely's condition, he flippantly told her to "give her some LIV water".  With that, he managed to demonstrate what an incredibly unaware parent he is, but on the plus side, he was able to toss in a plug for their magic elixir.

LIV water?   what is that?  the polygamist version of Pedialyte?

• LOL 4
17 minutes ago, Twopper said:

LIV water?   what is that?  the polygamist version of Pedialyte?

If you google LIV International, you'll get all the scoop.  Sorry, I don't know how to post a link and too old to learn.

It's a MLM company, based in Utah, where else, as polygamists seem to feel that this is a valid way to earn a living.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

LIV is a MLM pyramid scheme that sells a variety of wellness products including supplements, green water, a water filtration device for your sink and LIV-logoed water bottles, several of which were seen on the show back then.  Of course your fresh clean LIV water is only as clean as the bottle, which just made me wonder whether bacteria or something on/in Truely's water bottle caused her diarrhea & kidney problems on Kootie's watch.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

"Oma" seems to be spending a long visit with her bonus grandkids.  Shouldn't she be at home flogging as many LLRags as possible to pay for Ysabel's upcoming surgery?

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

Is Christine at Maddies house or is Maddie in Flagstaff?

who's house is that??... the carpet looks pounded down and like it's never seen a vacuum

It's way beyond a vacuum.  They need to rent a carpet cleaner machine or hire someone to come in.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, OdinO. said:

Carpet looks pretty normal for a house with two small children.

Seriously?  I had 8 kids and my carpet NEVER looked like that.   We took our shoes off at the door (they all still do in their own homes) and we ate in the kitchen or outside on the picnic table.  My kids didn't walk around the house sucking on sippy cups of juice all day and snacking on junk that was spilled all over.  If we made a mess - we cleaned it right up.

I don't know... that was just my house.  Even if you have two kids, you can clean the carpeting now and then.

*** And I was a single mother from the time my youngest were a year old, and I had a special needs kid.  Still no reason for it to look like that.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 7
On 9/11/2020 at 7:31 PM, Dustbunny said:

Is Christine at Maddies house or is Maddie in Flagstaff?

who's house is that??... the carpet looks pounded down and like it's never seen a vacuum

I think the reason the carpet looks so bad is that it is inexpensive "builder grade" that starts looking worn out pretty quickly.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This picture is from the listing. It’s the same carpet throughout. Looks like a traffic pattern as far as the carpet looking worn.

C6C2E63F-F7E1-478F-9F07-BB6DBAD6AB27.jpeg

Looks the same.

9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Seriously?  I had 8 kids and my carpet NEVER looked like that.   We took our shoes off at the door (they all still do in their own homes) and we ate in the kitchen or outside on the picnic table.  My kids didn't walk around the house sucking on sippy cups of juice all day and snacking on junk that was spilled all over.  If we made a mess - we cleaned it right up.

I don't know... that was just my house.  Even if you have two kids, you can clean the carpeting now and then.

*** And I was a single mother from the time my youngest were a year old, and I had a special needs kid.  Still no reason for it to look like that.

That's you. Not everyone cares about pristine carpet.

Edited by OdinO.
i dont know what happened
  • Love 6

Probably light colored carpet isn't the best choice for kids.  I have it but I am alone.  My guests are great about not wearing shoes - that's simple courtesy, not because I need to keep it pristine.  Shampooing carpets is a pain and expensive.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Probably light colored carpet isn't the best choice for kids.  I have it but I am alone.  My guests are great about not wearing shoes - that's simple courtesy, not because I need to keep it pristine.  Shampooing carpets is a pain and expensive.

I find it rude to ask people to remove shoes in my home. In fact I don't want their bare feet here. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, OdinO. said:

Looks the same.

That's you. Not everyone cares about pristine carpet.

True.  But this is a message board.  ALL of us can express our opinions even if you don't like other people's opinions if they differ from yours. And don't assume I EVER needed "Pristine" carpet.  There is a whole lot of gray between black and white.  I simply prefer clean over filthy.  But as you pointed out - that's just me.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

True.  But this is a message board.  ALL of us can express our opinions even if you don't like other people's opinions if they differ from yours. And don't assume I EVER needed "Pristine" carpet.  There is a whole lot of gray between black and white.  I simply prefer clean over filthy.  But as you pointed out - that's just me.

And as I pointed out. It doesn't look filthy to me. 

• Love 3
On 9/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, Kohola3 said:

At least she gets him to smile.

This!  That picture is the first time I think I have seen a genuine, non-forced smile from that little boy.  I will say that Christine does seem to have a way with kids, whether they're her own, her bonus kids, or her bonus grandbabies.

I wonder if Meri or Robyn will ever bother to fly out to visit with Maddie?  (hahahahaha of course not, what am I thinking).

• Love 12
15 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I think the reason the carpet looks so bad is that it is inexpensive "builder grade" that starts looking worn out pretty quickly.

A lot of people now are opting for tile/composite flooring in new builds and not replacing carpet in remodels (because carpet is disgusting). I've ripped up and replaced carpet with tile flooring and you don't want to see what's under that carpet in the padding (🤮). 

At least rugs can be replaced or taken out and professionally cleaned. Carpet padding soaks up everything that happens to it no matter how much the carpet is cleaned (unless you're an OCD neat freak). But hey, to each their own. I just know what I've experienced and it's nauseating. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, OdinO. said:

I find it rude to ask people to remove shoes in my home. In fact I don't want their bare feet here. 

I don't ask them, they offer.  And they either wear socks or I provide slipper socks.  I guess I am lucky to have adult, thoughtful friends.  Plus, the filth and germs on the bottom of shoes is disgusting and shouldn't be tracked in from outside either on carpet or hardwood floors.

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I will say that Christine does seem to have a way with kids, whether they're her own, her bonus kids, or her bonus grandbabies.

She really does seem the most motherly and tuned into the littles. I wonder if that extends to the kids in the mansion. 

But that genuine smile was nice to see and apparently his apraxia does not affect his facial muscles.  If, indeed, he has it.

• Love 10