Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

They may look nice, but they are not good quality.

Good to know. I thought it was a cute set as well.  I have always loved to have tea parties even with adults. I had a post-Christmas one for all of the members of our Friends group (we support a state park and lighthouse) and it was really fun.  Had scones, little sandwiches, tiny petit fours and several kinds of tea.  Everyone loved it.

• Love 5
(edited)

I like to have tea parties with my great grandmother's nearly 130 year old teapot, cups, saucers & covered plate.  Ansley's original Pembroke pattern.

Corelle for every day.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

These are the dishes they shill on QVC.  When they started to sell this line their Polish Pottery went  by the wayside.  I think that was the plan. Traded beautiful pottery for this stuff.  The Polish Pottery wasn't cheap but people saved until they could afford a piece and they were proud of it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

Truely is cute and I think, like Gwen (and Mykelti for that matter), she has a mind of her own. With her love of reading she is likely very smart. I think Gwen is, too. Ysabel seems like a lovely young woman and is certainly the most beautiful in the family (Aspyn a close second imo); however, Ysabel is not well spoken, at least not in front of the cameras. May be just self-consciousness, which is certainly more refreshing than Mariah's and Madison's poseur/attention grabbing approach to cameras.

I used to think Mykelti had a really beautiful and interesting face - there were photographs of her I found stunning. But she has not aged well, alas, and I agree with other posters that at times she looks 40 instead of mid-twenties.

Just my late-night musing on these folks. How fitting that I almost forgot Savanah! She is beautiful, too, but does not have the light in her that Truely, Gwen, and Ysabel have. That light is all Christine. As dopey as she can be, I find her mostly delightful. 

PS Robyn's kids don't count. As far as I'm concerned. Kody divorced the rest of the family, not just Meri, when she came into the picture. He basically just ran off with her "from day one," even before the so-called "legal divorce." It must really piss off some of the older kids who were old enough to understand what was going on.

Edited by Teafortwo
typo
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Truely is cute and I think, like Gwen (and Mykelti for that matter), she has a mind of her own. With her love of reading she is likely very smart. I think Gwen is, too. Ysabel seems like a lovely young woman and is certainly the most beautiful in the family (Aspyn a close second imo); however, Ysabel is not well spoken, at least not in front of the cameras. May be just self-consciousness, which is certainly more refreshing than Mariah's and Madison's poseur/attention grabbing approach to cameras.

I used to think Mykelti had a really beautiful and interesting face - there were photographs of her I found stunning. But she has not aged well, alas, and I agree with other posters that at times she looks 40 instead of mid-twenties.

Just my late-night musing on these folks. How fitting that I almost forgot Savanah! She is beautiful, too, but does not have the light in her that Truely, Gwen, and Ysabel have. That light is all Christine. As dopey as she can be, I find her mostly delightful. 

PS Robyn's kids don't count. As far as I'm concerned. Kody divorced the rest of the family, not just Meri, when she came into the picture. He basically just ran off with her "from day one," even before the so-called "legal divorce." It must really piss off some of the older kids who were old enough to understand what was going on.

I agree with your musings.  The last paragraph is especially true.  The bio kids got short-shrift once Robyn's spawn usurped them, especially Truely.  Just one more reason I loathe Kootie and his wandering dick.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, outtahere said:

These are the dishes they shill on QVC.  When they started to sell this line their Polish Pottery went  by the wayside.  I think that was the plan. Traded beautiful pottery for this stuff.  The Polish Pottery wasn't cheap but people saved until they could afford a piece and they were proud of it.

13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'll stick to my Fiestaware! 

11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I’ll stick to my Corelle lol

lol

I'm a hobbiest potter and I work in stoneware.  All of my stuff is handmade, mismatched (I just can't pick only one glaze combo to work with) and is durable.  That earthenware low fire stuff has zero longevity in use which is why it chips with just a minor bump and can flat out completely fail in use.  If using a pottery/ceramic baking dish it is best to fill the baking dish and put it in a cold oven, then turn on the oven to prevent thermal shock and a hell of a mess in your oven (or worse as you remove a molten hot casserole from the oven).

And yes, if you chip earthenware and expose the porous clay body it can absorb and grow bacteria. A higher fired clay body that has been fired to the proper temperature (called vitrification) doesn't absorb water and so a chip isn't dangerous and if broken right can even be repaired and used.

...okay I'm showing off my newly learned info. ☺️ I am taking the leap from hobbiest to learning all the other "stuff" in pottery, glaze chemistry and firing etc. It's a huge amount of info to absorb. Hubby is finally on board with getting a kiln set up at home.

• Useful 12
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree with your musings.  The last paragraph is especially true.  The bio kids got short-shrift once Robyn's spawn usurped them, especially Truely.  Just one more reason I loathe Kootie and his wandering dick.

True, but they are probably better off without Kootie in their daily life.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Good to know. I thought it was a cute set as well.  I have always loved to have tea parties even with adults. I had a post-Christmas one for all of the members of our Friends group (we support a state park and lighthouse) and it was really fun.  Had scones, little sandwiches, tiny petit fours and several kinds of tea.  Everyone loved it.

LOVE these!

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 11:44 AM, Roslyn said:

Hubby is finally on board with getting a kiln set up at home.

Yay! That's fantastic news. Best of luck with it. I remember you were missing your studio time.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 2:55 PM, AZChristian said:

We tend to walk the mall before the stores open in the mornings, and sometimes see the salespeople for Hot Topic and stores like it.  They're ALL dressed like that, and it takes every bit of control I have not to say something like, "Oh, I'm so glad you have a job now so you can buy some jeans without holes" as they're unlocking the door to open the store.

Mr Twopper is appalled by grown women wearing jeans with holes;  we both agreed that they should only be worn by women in their very early 20's and under who are also thin.   I didn't mention to him that some men have been known to wear similar jeans.   I did say that if I were to buy and wear a pair in public that the fashion would go away immediately.  He did not encourage my offer so I guess we will  continue to see them.   

Edited by Twopper
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think it's time for a medication evaluation.

Holy crap she really has lost it.  Like the ark was a real thing?  She really needs a job. Or counseling.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Holy crap she really has lost it.  Like the ark was a real thing?  She really needs a job. Or counseling.

Was it a poorly displayed joke? That reads to me like “I hate bugs so much, I wish they had missed the ark!”🤣🤣 When I was very small my Mom told me dodo birds went extinct because they missed the Ark- it was a joke. I wasn’t taught that Noah’s Ark was a historical event and my Mom of course knew dodo birds went extinct in the 19th century. 

Maybe it doesn’t seem odd to me because it seems like a joke you’d share with a toddler during play time. (I also had a toy ark and animals). 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Holy crap she really has lost it.  Like the ark was a real thing?  

She should check in with Jonah. He's got a whale of a story for her.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I went to look at the comments regarding Christine's post, and apparently posting odd stuff like this is a classic way for LuLaNo and other MLM cult members to troll for more clients suckers.

• Useful 8
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Just saw this on Reddit. Seriously?? What animals should have drowned instead of being on the Ark? Like they're God's mistakes?? 

Unicorns missed the boat so I guess they drowned.   Sigh....   We COLs probably all remember this song.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Twopper said:

Unicorns missed the boat so I guess they drowned.   Sigh....   We COLs probably all remember this song.

17 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I not only remember the song but I remembered all the words and sung along! Made my day!

We had an Irish trio at the cocktail hour for our wedding, and I have photos of my (then) new husband and his groomsmen onstage (in kilts!) doing the unicorn song, with all of the gestures 🙂  He was wearing kitty ears at the time.  Because he had forgotten to bring his unicorn horn with him. ❤️ 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Well, I am not sure how much credence you can put in soapdirt.com but we already knew there had been no surgery. If there had it would have been a feature article in People for the cash.  Plus it would be a story line for the show which is probably why they are holding off. They need to save it for an additional season so we can breathlessly follow each agonizing minute of the decision making hysteria through to the rehab phase. 

Imagine the mileage Kootie would bet out of roaming the hospital corridors and stopping random people to declare his polygamy-hood.

3 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

Does Shriner’s Hospital do this type of surgery? I thought Shriner’s gave free care for childhood orthopedic problems.

I think Shriner's would cast a jaundiced eye at the Brownies asking for free health care just after having bought a million dollar home.  Publicly.

• Love 20
42 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

They are so disgusting to spend spend spend on houses, cars, etc., knowing that their child needs surgery.  

It's not ROBYN'S kid, and Robyn has the million dollar Mcmansion.  And Robyn's kids are the only ones Kody notices.  I highly doubt Robyn has given a split second thought to any child of Kody's (not her's) needing surgery.

And now after that nasty snark that some troll will crawl out of the woodwork and slap my hand over:  the truth is that Christine doesn't want Ysabel to have the surgery and she has placed terrible fear in her daughter so that YSABEL doesn't want the surgery either.  Toasters and surgery.  Scary stuff.  Better to walk around for a year with heavy dumbbells hanging off of your sides.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

It's not ROBYN'S kid, and Robyn has the million dollar Mcmansion.  And Robyn's kids are the only ones Kody notices.  I highly doubt Robyn has given a split second thought to any child of Kody's (not her's) needing surgery.

And now after that nasty snark that some troll will crawl out of the woodwork and slap my hand over:  the truth is that Christine doesn't want Ysabel to have the surgery and she has placed terrible fear in her daughter so that YSABEL doesn't want the surgery either.  Toasters and surgery.  Scary stuff.  Better to walk around for a year with heavy dumbbells hanging off of your sides.

I just can't wrap my mind around a mother not wanting her child to have a surgery that will make her life so much better and pain free.  If that is true, what is wrong with Christine? We know Kootie doesn't give a rip as it isn't one of Robochin's spawn...

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

If that is true, what is wrong with Christine?

I have always thought that Christine was a sandwich short of a full picnic basket.  She's afraid of toasters, supposedly had no idea how horrible some polygamist sects treat women, and listened to some snake oil salesman promise that PVC pipes and exercise would cure an incurable condition.  She makes no effort to educate herself as far as we can tell.  I think she's a good mother in many ways but she's just too gullible and simple minded most of the time 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Christine had to have  a pretty nice property too.  And a pretty new Lexus.  Christine is a piece of work, but anyone who would jump on Kody's dick has to really have some issues, both mentally and morally in my opinion.  I totally agree with you about Robochin.  She's the worst - such a manipulative, greedy bitch.  

Like I said.  Disgusting...the whole bunch of them. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
45 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Me and Truely share that gift.  It's the only game that I win effortlessly against DH almost every single time.  I love me some Sorry!  👸💃👯‍♀️

My game was Scrabble.  One by one everyone quit playing against me.  So now it's me on Words with Friends where 93% of everyone else cheats.  😞

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

My game was Scrabble.  One by one everyone quit playing against me.  So now it's me on Words with Friends where 93% of everyone else cheats.  😞

I have an ongoing game of WwF pretty well every evening, we play 5 games each night, takes about 2 hours.  She has played longer than me and I was amazed to learn words like "qat" ,"qi", and "xi".  Still don't know what they mean as they are not in my dictionary and have never managed to fit them into a conversation IRL, but they are accepted in the game.  How would one cheat at the game? An open dictionary on your desk?  We play so fast and furious, I don't think she would have time to look up words, I just assumed because she had played longer than me, she had learned some archaic words.  Hmmm, makes me wonder now.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

I have an ongoing game of WwF pretty well every evening, we play 5 games each night, takes about 2 hours.  She has played longer than me and I was amazed to learn words like "qat" ,"qi", and "xi".  Still don't know what they mean as they are not in my dictionary and have never managed to fit them into a conversation IRL, but they are accepted in the game.  How would one cheat at the game? An open dictionary on your desk?  We play so fast and furious, I don't think she would have time to look up words, I just assumed because she had played longer than me, she had learned some archaic words.  Hmmm, makes me wonder now.

No, she's probably not cheating.  I knew about those words, lol.  You just pick them up as you go along - like you have, now.

When I say someone is "cheating", it's because they play these long words that either have no definition according to the Wordfinder dictionary (but are accepted words nonetheless!) or else they mean something like "A bell made out of cow dung worn by the people of Egypt in 34,092.4 B.C."    The people use a word finder program online - you type in the letters you have and they give you all of the words you can possibly make from those letters.   If I wanted to play against a computer I could - I would rather play against real people who use their brains.  It just gets frustrating after awhile, when beating someone is the only goal, and there is no fun in just thinking up words and having fun playing the game.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

It just gets frustrating after awhile, when beating someone is the only goal, and there is no fun in just thinking up words and having fun playing the game.

That's it, we are both playing for the mental exercise.  We are not even keeping track of who won and the outcomes are only remarked on when something outstanding happens, like last night she scored 340 points, for us, that was a great challenging game.

• Love 3

I don’t understand why they just don’t get insurance and then pay the co-pay. I can’t see this as being an elective surgery. If, they really had to come up with $50k, why not take equity out of the coyote pass property they bought in full? Or was that already done to pay for everyday living expenses? Also, if they are the big close family they seem to lie about being, why isn’t everyone working together to raise the money? I also want to know why they suddenly want the surgery now when I was always under the assumption Kody and Christine were against having it at all. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, meligator said:

I always thought it was Cody who  was against having the surgery.

Christine is Kody's flying monkey who will dutifully parrot back any "words of wisdom" that drip from his lips.  The only exception where she stood her ground was on the choice of a mega house.  One of her arguments against the surgery was that it would create a scar, visible in a wedding dress. 

OMG Christine wake up!  Better a scar than a disfigured spine.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I find the GOFUNDME absolutely disgusting.  All that money wasted on cars, vacations/Disney, homes and property and you have to depend on the largess of the general pubic for surgery for your child?  Fuck that!  Sell something you losers!

Yes!  They have no money sense, and no shame.  I'm sure any of us would be horrified if we knew all the things they've spent (splurged!) money on, when they could have made better, more economical choices.  We've seen the late model cars, McMansions, vacations, parties, etc. etc. etc., and know they've had government assistance (food stamps) and filed several bankruptcies.  Greedy, entitled morons.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, meligator said:

I always thought it was Cody who  was against having the surgery.

I don't really think it was so much they were against the surgery but didn't have medical insurance to cover the cost.  Asking for $50K sounds more like what the hospital is going to charge or the down payment before the hospital will consider doing the surgery.

Not only that, Paedon and Kody are being sued for a car wreck that Paedon was at fault for.  The large amount $30,000 sounds like he was driving a car that had no insurance.  It was in Kodys name.  I know several of the kids have been given tickets in the past for driving without insurance.  That could be another reason she is asking for money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

They have been on for what 13 seasons and not a pot to piss in apparently. Those Infinity cars are not cheap. It boggles my mind that they did not do any research prior to moving to Flagstaff about the cost of living there. Plus to buy over 500K on property that would cost at least another million or so to even build on all because Robyn needed to be near D'yun. Christine should be ashamed of herself for begging for money, if any of you had a child that needed surgery, you would have already been responsible enough to have them on your health plan. I know I would, and if I needed to come up with the deductible, I would have found myself a part time job in addition to a full time. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I don’t understand why they just don’t get insurance and then pay the co-pay. I can’t see this as being an elective surgery. If, they really had to come up with $50k, why not take equity out of the coyote pass property they bought in full? Or was that already done to pay for everyday living expenses? Also, if they are the big close family they seem to lie about being, why isn’t everyone working together to raise the money? I also want to know why they suddenly want the surgery now when I was always under the assumption Kody and Christine were against having it at all. 

I will take a stab at this as a friend of mine had this surgery about 7 years ago.  Total cost was over $150k;  a significant portion of the cost is the "hardware" that is inserted.   Surgery doesn't cure,  it only corrects to a certain percentage of normal.  While it isn't a case of now or never,  it is better to have it done as a teen than later in adulthood.   I don't recall what was said by the dr, but surgery is suggested when the curvature reaches around 40%.

I  can understand preferring a child not need major surgery.  There is a bit of recovery period, and I think young people probably fear not being able to do things afterward because of the hardware inside them.   They should have started putting aside $$ for this surgery as soon as she was diagnosed.  This makes me stabby. 

They knew this was a possibility before they left LV.   They should have socked away money for this before buying in Prairie Dog flats.  I am sure Kody is making her feel guilty for needing the surgery.   They always seem to be able to borrow when they want, so I am not sure why they don't just get another loan for this. 

I guess this means there is definitely another season in the works. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 6/25/2020 at 7:47 AM, Kyanight said:

My game was Scrabble.  One by one everyone quit playing against me.

We grew up playing Scrabble, and I loved it.  The only help we could use was the official Scrabble dictionary.  (I still have 2, both of which are about to fall apart).  We were supposed to write down any word we used from the book that we didn't know the meaning of and look it up later, but that seldom happened.   There is an interesting mention of Scrabble on an episode of Mama's Family, but I forgot what word Naomi played that Mama claimed was not a word.   Maybe I can find it on youtube.  Okay, it is Season 3, ep 3  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0640544/?ref_=ttep_ep3

Until March of this year,  our favorite game has been Pandemic and its variations.   😷😱

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 5