Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

That's it, we are both playing for the mental exercise.  We are not even keeping track of who won and the outcomes are only remarked on when something outstanding happens, like last night she scored 340 points, for us, that was a great challenging game.

Same!  I refuse on moral grounds to use a cheater app.  What fun is that?  Love my words with friends.  I have 21 games going right now.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I don't really think it was so much they were against the surgery but didn't have medical insurance to cover the cost.  Asking for $50K sounds more like what the hospital is going to charge or the down payment before the hospital will consider doing the surgery.

Not only that, Paedon and Kody are being sued for a car wreck that Paedon was at fault for.  The large amount $30,000 sounds like he was driving a car that had no insurance.  It was in Kodys name.  I know several of the kids have been given tickets in the past for driving without insurance.  That could be another reason she is asking for money.

I said this in the Meri thread but I'm pretty sure based on the amount that Kody has minimum liability insurance limits and the insurance paid the settlement. 

I was an auto claims adjuster in the past, which is how I know how this works. The arbitrator had $30k to work with from Kody's insurance. The insurance company didn't want this to go to trial and accrue legal bills which would not come out of the $30k but are considered separate costs. Besides, legally there isn't much of a leg to stand on as far as negligence goes. 

And really, $30k isn't that much when you consider that the plaintiffs most likely have legal representation who will probably be taking 30-40.% of the settlement. I'm not a tax expert so I don't know if the plaintiffs have to report the settlement as income for this year.

So basically what the arbitrator did was take the $30k and divvy it up between the two plaintiffs. They're not going to end up rich or anything. 

• Useful 7

I wonder if Kody gets the minimum insurance because filing bankruptcy discharges most unsecured debts. In most cases, a debt arising from a judgment lawsuit can be discharged and an existing lawsuit is stopped as soon as you file bankruptcy

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
Just now, deirdra said:

I wonder if Kody gets the minimum insurance because filing bankruptcy discharges most unsecured debts. In most cases, a debt arising from a judgment lawsuit can be discharged and an existing lawsuit is stopped as soon as you file bankruptcy

I think it's mostly because he has so many kids that are of driving age and so many cars.

All those pricey Infinitis and Lexus vehicles are probably either leased or have lienholders. That means he has to carry comp and collision insurance on them. Plus he has a lot of driving age kids that are still dependants. I think 7 right now?  Robyn's 3, 2 from Janelle and two from Christine. 

I'm guessing Kody's insurance premiums didn't go up all that much after the accident - he probably took Paedon off the policy. Paedon on the other hand is probably paying a TON for insurance premiums now. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think it's mostly because he has so many kids that are of driving age and so many cars.

All those pricey Infinitis and Lexus vehicles are probably either leased or have lienholders. That means he has to carry comp and collision insurance on them. Plus he has a lot of driving age kids that are still dependants. I think 7 right now?  Robyn's 3, 2 from Janelle and two from Christine. 

I'm guessing Kody's insurance premiums didn't go up all that much after the accident - he probably took Paedon off the policy. Paedon on the other hand is probably paying a TON for insurance premiums now. 

We know where Christine’s grocery money is going, then. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I find the GOFUNDME absolutely disgusting.  All that money wasted on cars, vacations/Disney, homes and property and you have to depend on the largess of the general pubic for surgery for your child?  Fuck that!  Sell something you losers!

Are you serious? They actually created a Gofundme for Ysabel's surgery??? That is mind-boggling. 

6 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Are you serious? They actually created a Gofundme for Ysabel's surgery??? That is mind-boggling. 

It shouldn't be.  You know these people have no scruples, conscience, or morals.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Does Christine have an actual GoFundMe up?

I don't think so. I googled it and found lots of other Christine Browns who had them.  There were two articles that I saw about this which indicated she was raising the money thru sales of Luluroe and was halfway to her goal.   It sounds like she was using her FB account to encourage her followers to buy from her to pay for Ysabel's surgery.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Christine qualified for the LulaNo cruise this year or last - whcih means that she had to sell $12,000 per month for either 4 or 6 months.  So, she had to sell at least $48,000 or $72,000 or merchandise in the given period.  I don't know what her profits would have been.  (I spent a minute on a Google search  Because I hate myself when I devote braincells to these grifters, I didn't go further to verify.)  Elsewhere, I read that Meri earned two cruise tickets and makes about $250,000 annually from LulaNo.

Christine was the first to buy a home in Flagstaff, which would have required a downpayment.  She paid $520,000 over a year ago.  (Janelle's was $460,000.)  She seemed to have the money then.  And, of course, she was the loudest and most repetitive in when Robyn announced that she and Kody had to move from their rental.  Her anguish then wasn't that their finite resources would be diverted from her daughter's surgery, a long-anticipated medical need.  Instead, she was howling about the loss of the family gathering space in her own effort to delay or prevent Kody's building his Plyg Palace from Hell.

She should be calling in all the perks of polygamy that she professes to us monogamists so often.  

• Love 11
On 6/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

They have been on for what 13 seasons and not a pot to piss in apparently. Those Infinity cars are not cheap. It boggles my mind that they did not do any research prior to moving to Flagstaff about the cost of living there. Plus to buy over 500K on property that would cost at least another million or so to even build on all because Robyn needed to be near D'yun. Christine should be ashamed of herself for begging for money, if any of you had a child that needed surgery, you would have already been responsible enough to have them on your health plan. I know I would, and if I needed to come up with the deductible, I would have found myself a part time job in addition to a full time. 

Remember how Kody conducted that stupid presentation to convince them to move to Flagstaff, and he swore up and down that they would make SO MUCH money selling their houses? Then, when they actually moved, and couldn't sell those ginormous concrete boxes, Kody whined endlessly about how Flagstaff is soooooo expensive and Kody is sooooo put upon because he haaaaad to mooooooove. 

I'm glad to know that Meri's 30 yearly trips to Disneyland are more important than an operation that will allow Ysabel to keep walking.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I'm glad to know that Meri's 30 yearly trips to Disneyland are more important than an operation that will allow Ysabel to keep walking.

Yearly?  I was under the impression that she was going 3-4 times a year.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Yearly?  I was under the impression that she was going 3-4 times a year.

It certainly seems like 30 trips. 

I'd bet money she'll be there on Reopening Day next month, sans mask (although I'm guessing they'll be required).

• Love 7
9 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Remember how Kody conducted that stupid presentation to convince them to move to Flagstaff, and he swore up and down that they would make SO MUCH money selling their houses? Then, when they actually moved, and couldn't sell those ginormous concrete boxes, Kody whined endlessly about how Flagstaff is soooooo expensive and Kody is sooooo put upon because he haaaaad to mooooooove. 

True.  Common sense would have told them to sort everything they own to what they need and sell or trash the rest of it, prior to putting the houses on the market.  Be prepared to move within a month once the houses sell.  They shouldn't have considered moving until the homes sold.  Even if Robyn and her family had to go alone to Arizona.  

Yes I believe Meri goes on at least 2-3 cruises every year.  

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Wasn’t lulano supposed to go bankrupt?

I believe that there are multiple lawsuits against them.  I imagine that the owners have stashed their money in offshore accounts so the will keep running the pyramid until the suits come to court and then vamoose off the map.

• Love 7

I generally like Christine although all this is comparative, but I would hope she is not begging fans for money be it through GoFundMe or begging people to buy her rags.  The fact that multiple people in this family have million dollar homes, and she herself has a half million dollar home, but allegedly can’t afford either insurance or the copay for a child’s major surgery is disgusting.  So “big tv stars” can’t come up with with 10k a piece because you know that’s one of the benefits of polygamy, having all those adults around to take care of all the kids that “belong to everyone” 🙄

• Love 23
23 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I generally like Christine although all this is comparative, but I would hope she is not begging fans for money be it through GoFundMe or begging people to buy her rags.  The fact that multiple people in this family have million dollar homes, and she herself has a half million dollar home, but allegedly can’t afford either insurance or the copay for a child’s major surgery is disgusting.  So “big tv stars” can’t come up with with 10k a piece because you know that’s one of the benefits of polygamy, having all those adults around to take care of all the kids that “belong to everyone” 🙄

that's the way I see it and incidentally, begging for sales out of pity is a well known MLM sales tactic according to the antiMLM subreddit.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Even if one has insurance the hospital frequently wants a down payment that basically is your deductable. I had to do this 2 years ago when they asked me for $3000 for an overnight (possible) hospital stay. Ysabel's surgery is massive and usually requires a few nights in an ICU and that's hugely expensive. I had an adult friend have the same surgery and she had to stay in the recovery room for 24 hours before she could be moved to the ICU, I can't even imagine that cost.

But they probably don't have reasonable insurance for people with a million kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/28/2020 at 2:23 PM, Chicklet said:

Even if one has insurance the hospital frequently wants a down payment that basically is your deductable. I had to do this 2 years ago when they asked me for $3000 for an overnight (possible) hospital stay. Ysabel's surgery is massive and usually requires a few nights in an ICU and that's hugely expensive. I had an adult friend have the same surgery and she had to stay in the recovery room for 24 hours before she could be moved to the ICU, I can't even imagine that cost.

But they probably don't have reasonable insurance for people with a million kids.

Curiously, you don't have to give the requested deposit.  I had a HDHP with a really high deductible.  When I went to pre-op tests and then to check into the hospital for an expensive surgery I was twice asked for a large sum of money and I said no thank you.  Wasn't planning on paying today.  The hospital ran the pre-op tests and admitted me and I had the surgery.  I paid afterwards.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I used to work in the medical records dept in a large non-profit hospital run by a company of nuns.

I shared a cubicle wall with a co-worker who spent her days calling patients prior to surgery, offering them 40-60% discounts if they paid cash instead of using insurance.

I guess that illustrates how much insurance (and a profit margin) adds to the cost of healthcare.

Perhaps the $50,000 target represents a cash discount price for Ysabel's surgery? 

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

I just watched the "Fleeing from Lehi" episode.  Kody loaded up 6 cars/SUV's/trailers with tons of crap and headed out for a six-hour drive.  On the way, two of the cars and one trailer had flat tires.  A six hour trip took them three days because they had to stop at a motel twice to let their kids sleep and eat, and - because they took off on MLK Day - apparently only one tire store between Lehi and Vegas was open for business.

My point is, if Kody cannot be bothered to do basic maintenance on the crap cars he allowed his wives to drive (loaded down with tons of stuff as well as his KIDS), then surely he also never bothered to save money in case one of his umpteen kids needed it.  I am positive he saw TLC as his ticket to wealth, and got himself deep in debt as a result.  So I guess this means that if Christine can't sell enough polyester and the GoFundMe page is a bust, Ysabel is on her own because daddy is useless.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

My point is, if Kody cannot be bothered to do basic maintenance on the crap cars he allowed his wives to drive (loaded down with tons of stuff as well as his KIDS), then surely he also never bothered to save money in case one of his umpteen kids needed it.  I am positive he saw TLC as his ticket to wealth, and got himself deep in debt as a result.  So I guess this means that if Christine can't sell enough polyester and the GoFundMe page is a bust, Ysabel is on her own because daddy is useless.

It's been widely rumored that their income for last season was cut from $180,000 each per season to $180,000 for all per season.  If those figures are to be believed, WTH happened to all the money that flowed in when they were raking in the big bucks.  When they lived in LV, the wives drove modest and even some "beater" cars, I don't see any of them flaunting expensive jewelry, designer furniture, clothing, shoes or handbags.  There would have been some investment of money in Robyn's Folly, SWC, but they didn't even have the capital to get that off the ground, they went seeking investors. 

I wonder if Kody raked off everything in excess of bare minimum living expenses and put it into this mysterious business he apparently has.  When Meri was seeking help to purchase the BnB, he made a call to his 'business partner' and found that the funds/dividends were not available at that time, so it's apparent that he does have some kind of a side business.  

They recently re-financed the Kody/Robyn house and withdrew $150,000 in equity..........to what purpose?  Why didn't they sell off the abutting property they purchased instead of increasing the mortgage on the house?  While I'm sticking my nose in their finances, why did they buy that extra property to begin with?  Is it their intention to remain in the house that Robyn was "forced" to buy and eventually build on that lot for Robyn's parents or Dayton?

If Janelle is their financial planner, she is about as successful at that as she is as a Health Coach.  There should have been a contingency fund set aside for emergencies such as Ysabel's surgery or at the very least, an insurance plan that didn't require them to beg for assistance.

• Love 11

At this point they may as well sell off the plots on Plague Prairie, nothing will ever be built by them on it. Even if he sold one ( probably Meri's) he may be able to get a little bit more than he paid, in turn he can then support his own freakin family and pay for Ysabels surgery. But he is too much of an ass to do that. I bet none of the kids still living at home have any kind of medical insurance. I also think when they were pulling the food stamp fraud they were also getting insurance for the kids. Janelle and Christine were probably getting quite a bit of assistance being "single mothers", until the state of Utah caught up with them 

• Love 5

So wait, why did I think Kodork sold the Prairie Plague plots?  He still has all four?  Does he outright own these, paid for by selling the Vegas houses?  If so, how are they affording the four homes they have now?  And lastly, WHO is loaning these numbskulls more and more and more money??

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So wait, why did I think Kodork sold the Prairie Plague plots?  He still has all four?  Does he outright own these, paid for by selling the Vegas houses?  If so, how are they affording the four homes they have now?  And lastly, WHO is loaning these numbskulls more and more and more money??

On other sites, it has been reported that lots have been listed and possibly sold on Coyote Pass.  I'm pretty sure it's not the lots owned by the Browns, it seems to be a large development without any visible homes constructed there yet, so it stands to reason that the other lots within the subdivision would be for sale. 

IIRC, the deeds to the properties were published here shortly after they purchased and I believe that at least one of the lots was paid in full at purchase.  Where this money came from is anyone's guess, the only explanation that I can think of is that they may have made lump sum payments on their LV properties on mortgage anniversary dates, reducing the amount of mortgage and increasing their equity.  With Christine's LV home, that could be the only explanation for her ability to purchase the Flagstaff home, because at face value, she walked away from LV with no money at all, considering purchase price/sell price, less a year of carrying costs and commissions.  She may have been able to secure a loan for Flagstaff if she could show equity in her LV home, achieved by reducing the amount of mortgage on an annual basis. 

• Useful 7
On 6/26/2020 at 7:46 AM, Twopper said:

I don't think so. I googled it and found lots of other Christine Browns who had them.  There were two articles that I saw about this which indicated she was raising the money thru sales of Luluroe and was halfway to her goal.   It sounds like she was using her FB account to encourage her followers to buy from her to pay for Ysabel's surgery.  

I really hope so.  The article I saw made my head explode.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

On other sites, it has been reported that lots have been listed and possibly sold on Coyote Pass.  I'm pretty sure it's not the lots owned by the Browns, it seems to be a large development without any visible homes constructed there yet, so it stands to reason that the other lots within the subdivision would be for sale. 

IIRC, the deeds to the properties were published here shortly after they purchased and I believe that at least one of the lots was paid in full at purchase.  Where this money came from is anyone's guess, the only explanation that I can think of is that they may have made lump sum payments on their LV properties on mortgage anniversary dates, reducing the amount of mortgage and increasing their equity.  With Christine's LV home, that could be the only explanation for her ability to purchase the Flagstaff home, because at face value, she walked away from LV with no money at all, considering purchase price/sell price, less a year of carrying costs and commissions.  She may have been able to secure a loan for Flagstaff if she could show equity in her LV home, achieved by reducing the amount of mortgage on an annual basis. 

I think for the Vegas homes they only had an interest only mortgage, usually the terms are 5-7 years. Mona thought they could sell those homes and make a hefty profit, which never happened. Now granted, the housing market can change suddenly, but I think the reason it took very long to sell those were a few factors. When they left Vegas it looked like the homes were in crappy condition, not cleaned completely out, seemed a lot of stuff was still left there. It wouldn't surprise me if Janelles house became a U-Store-it . Also, there were a lot of brand new homes being built and for sale that honestly looked a lot nicer than these. Also location (not sure where their cult-de-sac was) . Did they stagger the sale on the 4 homes ? Sorry, but if I saw 4 homes all in the same cul-de-sac for sale, I would think something was wrong with the neighborhood. Oh, and throw in their original realtor, the ever personable Janelle, who would heave herself up there every other weekend.

Now as far as buying land in Vegas, did Kody think that utilities would magically appear on his land? Was that not discussed with their realtor ?  I would really like to know how they are getting the money for these expensive cars and homes. 

• Love 6

Who in their right mind would buy that land?  No utilities and the cost to get them is prohibitive.   If you wanted to build a vacation cabin to "get away from it all" you wouldn't buy a plot of land where you might end up with close neighbors.  So what's the point?    I think they are probably stuck with that land.

• Love 9
On 6/29/2020 at 2:21 PM, Sandy W said:

I believe that two of the four lots were paid for outright and two are mortgaged.  But no idea which is which because one lot is much bigger than the others.  So one (or two?) mortgages on two pieces of empty property, Million dollar mortgage for Robyn, Half a million for Christine, Meri with a mortgage on the B&B and rental in Flag and poor Janelle with "just" a rental to Strive from.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Me four.  Our Introversion has us meeting on the Internet, our Intuitiveness is from being observant and picking up on subtle behaviours of others,  "Feeling" is in there because it is in all four  personality types, and our Judging nature has us snarking on plygs or any show featuring extroverts or narcissists.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Me four.  Our Introversion has us meeting on the Internet, our Intuitiveness is from being observant and picking up on subtle behaviours of others,  "Feeling" is in there because it is in all four  personality types, and our Judging nature has us snarking on plygs or any show featuring extroverts or narcissists.

Me five...hugs to friends!

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/30/2020 at 6:25 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

As an INTJ I miss none of this, Christine! 😛

Actually, I've quite enjoyed my alone time, since I haven't had to "splain" myself or been called antisocial in months.  🙄

I am an INTJ as well.  We are a curious group.  I remember taking the assessment at work and the summary statement for the personality was "I am sorry that you are going to have to die."  (May be why military leaders can skew to INTJ).  My team just laughed and said, that is exactly you!  And it didn't bother me.  I like to be in charge and make the tough decisions.  And I really don't want to spend time chatting with you about them.  Just leave me alone and trust that I am right.  And if you see me in the grocery store please don't talk to me.  lol.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

And if you see me in the grocery store please don't talk to me.  lol.

Ha!  I actually have enjoyed grocery shopping during seniors' hour for the past 3.5 months with only a handful of people in the store, so I can go down my list and be in and out of there in 10 minutes with enough to last 10-20 days.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Ha!  I actually have enjoyed grocery shopping during seniors' hour for the past 3.5 months with only a handful of people in the store, so I can go down my list and be in and out of there in 10 minutes with enough to last 10-20 days.

I spend at least 10 minutes just checking expiry dates. 

I am INTP,  I am an introvert, but I am not in the least bit shy and I am a Mr Spock when it comes to logic.   I am an atty.

I guess the one way I am like Christine is that I will chat with anyone.  I was behind someone once who was buying at least 20 dozen eggs along with her regular groceries.  I asked, and she replied she baked cakes for her church which donated them to Meals on Wheels and other charities. Also I answered a question about produce and ended up having a nice chat; it turned out she and I were both of part Portuguese descent.  I am also content to not chat--especially on airplanes.

Are they filming themselves during the Rona?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I've done the test's several times and it is always ISFJ-T

That's me too.  When I took the test, my co-workers started calling me Dr. Evil because they were pretty sure I could take over the world.

• LOL 6
12 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am also content to not chat--especially on airplanes.

I am always relieved to see a seatmate pull out a book on the plane.  Usually, I am travelling at least 4 hours and am either trying to "bank" some sleep or catch up so I can hit the ground running when arriving at destination.

I took the test some time ago and was an EIFP,--- Extra(o)verted, Intuitive, Feeling, Prospecting.  Would be interesting to do it again and see if recent events have changed perspectives.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I'm also an ISFJ. What does the T mean?

I've taken the test a few times and I don't have any E in me at all. Not only am I introverted, I am also extremely shy. Working from home & being quarantined was not a hardship for me, other than not being able to see my grandkids. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I did it last night out of curiosity and I am the same. I am a "Defender" which fits with my past profession.

• Love 7