Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't ask them, they offer.  And they either wear socks or I provide slipper socks.  I guess I am lucky to have adult, thoughtful friends.  Plus, the filth and germs on the bottom of shoes is disgusting and shouldn't be tracked in from outside either on carpet or hardwood floors.

That's not scientific. Exposure to germs is impossible to avoid and you wouldn't want to. Exposure is an important aspect of your immune system. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OdinO. said:

That's not scientific. Exposure to germs is impossible to avoid and you wouldn't want to. Exposure is an important aspect of your immune system. 

I didn't say it was scientific.  Exposure is fine to a point, I am a retired ER nurse and was exposed every day, but people walk through things like pigeon poop and people's sputum which is not something I want to have spread through my house.  But off topic so I'm out.  

• Love 8

So out of curiosity I searched for the listing for Maddie and Caleb's rental and I have to say - NC is cheap to live in.  While their place isn't large (only 1200 square feet total) the rent is only $925.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I didn't say it was scientific.  Exposure is fine to a point, I am a retired ER nurse and was exposed every day, but people walk through things like pigeon poop and people's sputum which is not something I want to have spread through my house.  But off topic so I'm out.  

I am also a nurse.

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Actually it is.

No it's not.

11 hours ago, suomi said:

Pot, kettle. Oops, I mean tomato, tomahto.

I always get those two mixed up.

Clearly.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, OdinO. said:

I am also a nurse.

No it's not.

Clearly.

I am curious.  Did you come to this board simply to defend some carpeting?  That's the only aspect of the show that you wish to discuss?  I mean.... if so, that's fine.  I'm just trying to understand your agenda.  Some people like to discuss, some people like to snark, some people like to argue - there is no right or wrong I guess.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I am curious.  Did you come to this board simply to defend some carpeting?  That's the only aspect of the show that you wish to discuss?  I mean.... if so, that's fine.  I'm just trying to understand your agenda.  Some people like to discuss, some people like to snark, some people like to argue - there is no right or wrong I guess.

I didn't mention the state of the carpet. Some other poster thought it discussion worthy. I just replied. Then, you replied. So, why?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

I didn't mention the state of the carpet. Some other poster thought it discussion worthy. I just replied. Then, you replied. So, why?

Because I post on this board daily and respond to comments in a lot of the threads.  You appeared on the board and disagreed with my comment first, so it was natural to wonder if I had offended you while you were on a different name - or even just as a lurker.  I am good at offending.  So I asked.

• Love 2

That carpet is the kind of light carpeting that has a "sheen" to it depending on which way the fibers are leaning at any given moment, which gets all muddled with foot traffic and can look like dirt or staining, when it's not.

I hate carpeting but my bedrooms had it when we moved here, and at the time we replaced the existing carpet we weren't ready for replacing the existing laminate throughout the house.  I made the mistake of buying a carpet in a very similar color with that issue and unless I vacuum it in one direction constantly it looks just like the one in the photo - minus the obvious wear.  @absolutelyido 's comment above that this was a builder grade carpet that was showing wear is correct, at least for part of the carpet.  I once lived in a condo. with cheap carpet that did that.  Repeated walking causes the fibers to unwind and lay down as opposed to stand up.  Frequent shampooing or vacuuming doesn't help to correct this, either.  You can see in the later photo that the wear is from a traffic pattern in and out of the room.  It doesn't look especially dirty to me, but it's hard to tell because carpet like that always looks dirty, IMHO.  The trouble is that this cheap light neutral carpeting comes standard in a lot of houses these days and it's anything but kid friendly.  I keep plastic runners in the high traffic areas of my bedroom because otherwise I'd be a slave to keeping it looking good.  Mine haven't frayed and become worn down even in the high traffic areas, tough, but that's because I bought a high quality carpet.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.  😉 

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Because I post on this board daily and respond to comments in a lot of the threads.  You appeared on the board and disagreed with my comment first, so it was natural to wonder if I had offended you while you were on a different name - or even just as a lurker.  I am good at offending.  So I asked.

Nothing offended me. You asked me if I seriously thought that the carpet looked normal? As if that was insane.

1 minute ago, OdinO. said:

Nothing offended me. You asked me if I seriously thought that the carpet looked normal? As if that was insane.

Ah!!  Not my point at all.  I thought that it was strange to assume that when you have two kids your house is naturally going to be dirty.  I was only pointing out that you can have a lot more than two kids and still keep a clean house.

And I'm glad I didn't offend you.  I never TRY to offend - well - I don't think I ever mean to offend anyone, but I am old, my personality is strange, and it just happens often.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Ah!!  Not my point at all.  I thought that it was strange to assume that when you have two kids your house is naturally going to be dirty.  I was only pointing out that you can have a lot more than two kids and still keep a clean house.

And I'm glad I didn't offend you.  I never TRY to offend - well - I don't think I ever mean to offend anyone, but I am old, my personality is strange, and it just happens often.

No worries. 

People were congratulating Christine on her FB live about Mykelti's pregnancy news. One poster wrote:

"Just got banned from Meri’s group for extending my congratulations so I wanted to extend them here.... CONGRATULATIONS  you must be over the moon. And that mascara looks amazing, I also have sensitive eyes."

(The makeup comment is a reference to Christine's having just started selling Younique.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

People were congratulating Christine on her FB live about Mykelti's pregnancy news. One poster wrote:

"Just got banned from Meri’s group for extending my congratulations so I wanted to extend them here.... CONGRATULATIONS  you must be over the moon. And that mascara looks amazing, I also have sensitive eyes."

(The makeup comment is a reference to Christine's having just started selling Younique.)

Hopefully they won't set Utah on fire with a gender reveal.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Wait, Meri is banning people who are congratulating her on Mykelti's announcement?  But I thought Mere loved all her bonus kids!  Isn't it like she's going to be a grandma too?  Isn't love supposed to be multiplied, not subtracted or something like that?

That is actually a really petty and childish thing to do.  Meri bans a potential customer from her FB group for sending congratulations...I mean I know they're all still pretending that they are one big happy fam'ly but Meri's jealously apparently runs deeper than her desire to make a buck.

• Love 11

No question, Meri's a bitch.  

14 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Banning someone for congratulating Christine?  sheesh.

• Love 9

Christine is also now flogging You-nique, another MLM scam, in addition to her LLohNo and cameos.  With the exception of Kody and Robyn, they all seem to be scrambling extra hard right now to fill the family coffers.  I wonder what's up in Brownville?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Christine is also now flogging You-nique, another MLM scam, in addition to her LLohNo and cameos.  

Founded in 2012, Younique is headquartered in.. wait for it... Lehi.

My neighbor in St George showed me mascara and lipstick she bought via an ad on Facebook (two of each).

The mascara was so thick and chunky that she could barely get the brush out of and back into the tube. The lipsticks were lifeless and dull and made her lips look like paper or cardboard and the colors were nothing like the ad.

Adding insult to injury, it was expensive.

Younique was majority owned by Coty, Inc. between 2017 and 2019. Coty purchased a 60% stake in Younique for $600 million in January 2017. This acquisition valued Younique at $1 billion. Younique's founders continue to own 40% of the company. The acquisition increased Coty's profits in 2018, with Younique witnessing double-digit sales growth in its second quarter However, Younique's revenues and profits declined year-over-year in 2019, with Coty attributing the weakness to decreasing hype, a complex business structure, increased consumer awareness of the risks of participating in MLM schemes, and Facebook's algorithm changes. Coty announced that it was cutting ties with Younique in August 2019, saying that Younique was "definitely different" from other businesses owned by Coty. Coty intended to sell its 60% stake in Younique back to its founders.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younique

• Useful 13
  • Love 2

So having listened to some podcasts about MLM's, I know that they are very popular within the Mormon community, but what throws me is: how does anyone make a livable profit when so many people in your social/family circle are also trying to sell you something?  If you go to your cousin's house for dinner and you sell 10 pairs of leggings to family members but end up buying a $20 tube of clumpy mascara, a dozen bottles of green goo and a 30-day supply Plexus from them, you haven't made any money.  Plus is Aunt Gladys really going to buy your crap when she's got six other family members and friends trying to sell her the exact same stuff?

In other words - why don't some of them go get a 9 - 5 with health insurance to take care of the bills?  Is punching a clock so offensive that they'd rather invest money they don't have in yet another MLM?  It boggles my mind.

• Love 13

They stick with MLM because their heart's desire is to live in a bubble that shields them from exposure to non-believers. A small sporadic income from MLM products peddled in a pristine environment beats a decent  steady income earned while rubbing shoulders with those who have icky beliefs. 

There also is intense pressure to be perfect in every role and perfect mothers do not work 9-5 jobs. I had a manager (who was also a bishop) who closed his office door and prayed with young mothers during job interviews. They prayed for enlightenment as to why they were seeking a 9-5 job and for guidance to a better path.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, suomi said:

They stick with MLM because their heart's desire is to live in a bubble that shields them from exposure to non-believers. A small sporadic income from MLM products peddled in a pristine environment beats a decent  steady income earned while rubbing shoulders with those who have icky beliefs. 

There also is intense pressure to be perfect in every role and perfect mothers do not work 9-5 jobs. I had a manager (who was also a bishop) who closed his office door and prayed with young mothers during job interviews. They prayed for enlightenment as to why they were seeking a 9-5 job and for guidance to a better path.

@@  <~~~ that is a virtual eyeroll. 

It's like the dog poo in the brownies story.  Suppose your neighbor, who is a non-Mormon, brings you a plate of Brownies covered with plastic wrap.  You open up the plastic wrap and notice the big chunky walnuts, ooey-gooey melted chocolate chips scattered throughout, and it looks moist and delicious.  But then a friend tells you that they heard this neighbor has a secret ingredient - she adds dog poop to her brownies to make them moist.  You can't see it, you might not even taste it after it's been baked and had the walnuts and chocolate chips added.  It might not even be a lot of poop... it might just be a teaspoonful... but you throw out the entire batch because they are filthy inside.  So it is with those not of your faith.  They might look nice, they might SEEM nice.. they might act nice.... but they have filth within that can spread through your wholesome family if you allow it to.   Since Jesus was just another prophet like Joseph Smith, they don't care what Jesus would do.  Jesus might mingle with the unclean, but they will not.   (And yes I know - the dog poop story has been used a million times in a million different ways.  Still is applicable.) 

Still - shouldn't you be able to make a buck off of the unwashed masses?  Meri certainly does.  There were enough people outside of the faith to unload your junk on and support your family.   Why they would ever buy the crap again after the first time is the mystery, so it might be a one-time deal.  Encourage them to buy as much as they can afford - or even more than they can afford.  Afterall, they aren't your friends.  Your friends can only come from within your faith.  Those outside of your faith will only attempt to corrupt you.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I really think it's being available if your kids need you.  That is why they don't want to work at a 9-5  job or any other job they have to show up to on a set schedule.  I have a friend that works as a Pharmacy tech, she doesn't really make that much money.  Several people have told her, if you go back and do the full tech course you could go to work at a hospital and either double or triple your wages.  She wont do it, because that would require working evenings/nights and weekends.  She has been at her current job long enough to get a day shift and only every other weekend.  So she sells stuff on the side to make extra money.  At least the customer has to pay upfront, so she is not stuck with items that she has to pay for.

• Love 6

Well, we know Christine, for one, refuses to work weekends.  I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but for Pete's sake, she should have known real estate sales would require one to be available evenings and weekends.  She and Janelle both wasted their time on taking that exam, as Janelle has scarcely used it, and Christine never did one sale.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

OK, I give.  When did Flagstaff become ocean front?

I'm thinking they may still be in NC at Maddie and Caleb's.  Not sure if they live on the coast there, but that looks a lot like NC Sawgrass in the 3rd photo.

• Love 4

I love it - we're talking about skeevy MLM's and Bang!  Zing!  Here comes Christine shilling another gimmick!

The work one must put into an MLM is astounding.  The work one must put into managing several at a time?  Who has enough hours in the day?  Again, I must say - get a 9 - 5!  It's way easier and you get the added benefit of not having to put in 80-hour weeks trying to sell enough polyester t-shirts to pay for your child's surgeries.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I love it - we're talking about skeevy MLM's and Bang!  Zing!  Here comes Christine shilling another gimmick!

The work one must put into an MLM is astounding.  The work one must put into managing several at a time?  Who has enough hours in the day?  Again, I must say - get a 9 - 5!  It's way easier and you get the added benefit of not having to put in 80-hour weeks trying to sell enough polyester t-shirts to pay for your child's surgeries.

Right?  Because some jobs come with.... wait for it.... BENEFITS!  Like health insurance!  😄

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Like health insurance! 

But, but but.....doctors!   Hospitals!  Persecution for polygamy!  

They'd rather put the money into PVC pipe and LIV water than real medical care.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The beach mystery solved.....

So traveling to other states isn't at all risky?  These people! 

Why is 'sister' capitalized?  You're right, @CocoPuffs, Christine isn't the brightest bulb in the tanning bed!

Gwen's hair looks like More-iah's greasy mop in blonde.  Ugh!

• Love 6

And shouldn’t the children be in school by now?

I really don’t understand Christine’s love of MLMs. She can’t be doing great with LuLaHellNo, or she wouldn’t need to shill another one. I wonder if she’s actually making any money, or if she conveniently forgets to subtract her costs before calculating her “profits.”

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

And shouldn’t the children be in school by now?

I really don’t understand Christine’s love of MLMs. She can’t be doing great with LuLaHellNo, or she wouldn’t need to shill another one. I wonder if she’s actually making any money, or if she conveniently forgets to subtract her costs before calculating her “profits.”

In her post she mentioned something about "blessed to have online learning", so I guess they have it covered that way.

Let us count her hustles.  She has LuLaHellNo, Younique, and she has reactivated the push on LIV products.  All MLM's.  She also has her Cameo gigs as well as (hopefully) monitoring the online schooling for Truely, Gwen and Ysabel.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Does Raging Bisexuality require looking unkempt?  Using shampoo and a comb is a heterosexual eccentricity?

Though looking at her cousins' hair, it is possible they all just went swimming in the ocean.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why is 'sister' capitalized?  You're right, @CocoPuffs, Christine isn't the brightest bulb in the tanning bed!

I think her autocorrect on her device probably capitalized it for her.   She probably writes "Sister Wives" often with a capital letter.  I found my autocorrect "incorrectly" capitalizes a common word that is part of my user name (with a capital letter).  Since I type it often, it thinks it should be capitalized all the time.   Drives me nuts.  Or Christine could just be silly.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 9/22/2020 at 6:06 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I like Christine but the woman is petrified of a toaster, but traipsing through state after state during a deadly pandemic, no problem!

• Love 16