Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

Maybe we'll get a "first day of college" posting from Christine soon.  I hope so, for Gwen's sake.

True.  I've always thought that Gwen and Mykelti were a lot alike, in that they would speak their mind, even if the parents didn't like what they had to say.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

Has Gwendlyn (sp?) announced what she is doing now that she's out of high school?  I don't remember seeing any mention of plans.

Janelle (I think it was Janelle anyway) had posted a while back that Gwen and Aurora? were going to the samecollege Day’un was.  Is Day’un still in school?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Gwen, Aurora & Gabe were the "triplets", but Gabe accelerated and graduated a year ahead of the girls. So Gwen & Aurora should be hitting college.  Unless being a Raging Bisexual is a full time job.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Is Day’un still in school?

It depends on the rumors going around.  I've read that he dropped out to go to community college and also read that he quit there.  Nothing truly verifiable. 

• Useful 3
16 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:
On 8/18/2020 at 11:24 AM, Absolom said:

It depends on the rumors going around.  I've read that he dropped out to go to community college and also read that he quit there.  Nothing truly verifiable. 

I heard the same thing.  

With his mother as a role model, he might sleep until 2:00 in the afternoon - go pee and eat something - and then play World of Warcraft until 3:00 in the morning.  Have some Grub hub delivered somewhere during those 13 hours of straight gaming.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Kyanight said:

With his mother as a role model, he might sleep until 2:00 in the afternoon - go pee and eat something - and then play World of Warcraft until 3:00 in the morning.  Have some Grub hub delivered somewhere during those 13 hours of straight gaming.  

Though I don't think Robyn has the energy for even an hour of gaming.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

No gaming for Robyn until I get my "Be AwesomeSauce!" bracelet from MSWC that I ordered in February of 2017.  Status still says "Pending but thanks for your payment!"

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, deirdra said:
22 hours ago, Kyanight said:

No, lol.  I am talking about what Dayton does, now that he's not going to school and probably doesn't work anyway.  (Although with Covid, it's pretty understandable.)  Dayton probably plays computer or video games every waking hour.

26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

No gaming for Robyn until I get my "Be AwesomeSauce!" bracelet from MSWC that I ordered in February of 2017.  Status still says "Pending but thanks for your payment!"

WHAT!!  You send them an email or call them up RIGHT NOW!!!  They kept people's money but didn't send the merchandise???????

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

WHAT!!  You send them an email or call them up RIGHT NOW!!!  They kept people's money but didn't send the merchandise???????

Sorry.........that was sarcasm.  To be clear, I have NEVER, nor will I EVER, purchase ANYTHING shilled by a Brown!

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

No, lol.  I am talking about what Dayton does, now that he's not going to school and probably doesn't work anyway.  (Although with Covid, it's pretty understandable.)  Dayton probably plays computer or video games every waking hour.

I mean, can Dayton work?   A good friend has an autistic son. He works part time.  Doesn’t drive.  

1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I mean, can Dayton work?   A good friend has an autistic son. He works part time.  Doesn’t drive.  

My son in law is autistic and he works a full time job.  Just from watching Dayton on TV he seems like a capable young man who will be able to work if he finds the right type of work that will suit his situation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My son in law is autistic and he works a full time job.  Just from watching Dayton on TV he seems like a capable young man who will be able to work if he finds the right type of work that will suit his situation.

And Dayton can drive.  He took a 4-day trip to the Grand Canyon alone.

The best cashier at my local grocery store is autistic. I always get in his line because he is efficient, never makes mistakes, has all the produce codes memorized, and doesn't waste time with mindless chit chat.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Oh.  My.  Goodness.

So between her two kids, Christine owes half a million in medical debt.  But SO DOES KODY.  He's their FATHER.  And Janelle?  Meri?  Robyn?  As "bonus moms," aren't they also concerned about this crushing debt?  How is Christine supposed to pay this back on her own?  Aren't Christine's kids everyone's kids?  At least that's what they keep trying to tell us.

This makes the whole episode of Truely lying on the couch unable to get up, while Kody was super duper busy playing "dad" by BBQ-ing steaks to a charred crisp while Aspyn had to be the one to notice that Truely wasn't well, all the more rage-inducingly heartbreaking.  I am re-watching old episodes.  I may have to skip this one.

• Love 4

Christine must have an absolutely abysmal credit score. 

But that's ok, just walk away, others will pay for it, right? 

Proof that they aren't making as much as people think they are. If they were getting $50k per adult per episode as has been surmised they would be able to afford insurance, right? 

Or is she begging for money from her LLR fans again? Classic MLM move.

• Love 8

2014 is six years ago. How much has she (meaning they) paid in six years? Anything? Nothing? How much of the 450k is interest and penalty? What does a huge unpaid balance for that length of time do to your credit score? Your credit score determines everything now, interest rates, insurance premiums, security deposits if you rent an apartment or a house, the terms if you lease a vehicle, etc. 

When they gathered to moon over Billy Goat Acres their collection of SUVs looked like a caravan of feds serving fugitive warrants. But she owes nearly half a mill to a hospital? Christine had a nice vehicle like the rest of them. How did she qualify for an affordable home loan?

Why in the hell would she share this with the public? Is hate-watching the angle for the new season?

And Janelle just crowed about Kody "transitioning" to a (big and inefficient) truck? It all smells fishy as hell. Pee yew. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I have an autistic son who both drives and works full time, but the spectrum is SOOO broad it's hard to tell where anyone falls on the line.

My thought was this:  Dayton was enrolled in college full time.  College isn't cheap and they were paying non-resident tuition because they hadn't been living in Arizona for more than a year when Dayton was enrolled.  If Dayton is so severe he cannot hold any type of job - it doesn't make sense for him to go to college.  How could he handle four years of college - not to mention the expense, if, upon graduation he is unable to hold a job anywhere.   And as another person here mentioned, Dayton drove himself to the boonies and camped on his own for several days.

I think he is perfectly capable of handling a job, but why would Robyn encourage him to work and be independent when SHE has people supporting her?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

SISTER WIVES

‘Sister Wives’ Star Christine Brown Reveals $450,000 Medical Debt From Daughter’s 2014 Hospitalization; Fans Slam Kody Brown For Not Having Insurance

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2020/08/20/sister-wives-star-christine-brown-reveals-450000-medical-debt-from-daughters-2014-hospitalization-fans-slam-kody-brown-for-not-having-insurance/

But they can purchase big houses and land? WTF? Even self-employed people buy health insurance--we do. Yes, it's not cheap, necessarily, but you can choose a plan that covers things like Truley's kidney failure (due to Kody's negligence, imo).

• Love 11
Just now, Adiba said:

But they can purchase big houses and land? WTF? Even self-employed people buy health insurance--we do. Yes, it's not cheap, necessarily, but you can choose a plan that covers things like Truley's kidney failure (due to Kody's negligence, imo).

Priorities. Maybe another reason they suddenly moved out of state? 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Christine must have an absolutely abysmal credit score. 

But that's ok, just walk away, others will pay for it, right? 

Proof that they aren't making as much as people think they are. If they were getting $50k per adult per episode as has been surmised they would be able to afford insurance, right? 

Or is she begging for money from her LLR fans again? Classic MLM move.

I don’t think it’s that they can’t afford insurance, it’s that they don’t care enough to have it. They would rather buy big houses, fancy cars, etc. than pay for something as crazy as insurance. This is really about their crappy choices. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I don’t think it’s that they can’t afford insurance, it’s that they don’t care enough to have it. They would rather buy big houses, fancy cars, etc. than pay for something as crazy as insurance. This is really about their crappy choices. 

I agree.  It's very plausible that in the early years with three wives and a herd of kiddos, they couldn't afford health insurance.. and, well by golly - look!  They didn't even NEED it!  They got by just fine without it.  And all of the babies were delivered at home - I believe Truely was the first hospital birth?  (I could be mistaken, but I thought that was what they said.)  So as the years rolled by, this group of Einsteins decided that since they got away with not having health insurance for all of those many years, why bother getting it at all?  Their kids were pretty healthy - they had been lucky (no major accidents) - so why bother.  Except life isn't always predictable and nice and neat.  And serious illnesses strike and accidents befall even the lucky people.

Do these people carry car insurance?  I had so many kids and so close together, car insurance (with all of those boys, particularly, on my policy) was a nightmare!  Each kid had to work and pay for his own car insurance.  That was the deal.   I didn't have any affluent, coddled kids.  And they bought their own cars, too.   I cannot fathom the Browns paying for car insurance for their kids, but I suppose all of the adults have some type of car insurance, no matter how crappy.

• Love 9

To my knowledge medical debt is interest free (not that I would know I have never had any), but you would be amazed how many people just DONT pay their medical bills. I don't mean people who got sick and cannot work and are just trying to keep food on the table/lights on, but people who have disposable income but just don't care to pay it. 

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I agree.  It's very plausible that in the early years with three wives and a herd of kiddos, they couldn't afford health insurance.. and, well by golly - look!  They didn't even NEED it!  They got by just fine without it.  And all of the babies were delivered at home - I believe Truely was the first hospital birth?  (I could be mistaken, but I thought that was what they said.)  So as the years rolled by, this group of Einsteins decided that since they got away with not having health insurance for all of those many years, why bother getting it at all?  Their kids were pretty healthy - they had been lucky (no major accidents) - so why bother.  Except life isn't always predictable and nice and neat.  And serious illnesses strike and accidents befall even the lucky people.

Do these people carry car insurance?  I had so many kids and so close together, car insurance (with all of those boys, particularly, on my policy) was a nightmare!  Each kid had to work and pay for his own car insurance.  That was the deal.   I didn't have any affluent, coddled kids.  And they bought their own cars, too.   I cannot fathom the Browns paying for car insurance for their kids, but I suppose all of the adults have some type of car insurance, no matter how crappy.

Im sure the they have car insurance, but they may not put the teen drivers on it. Did all the teens drive at 16? I know Logan did but maybe only a few teens did at a time. 

• Useful 3
28 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

They should all get jobs if for no other reason than to get insurance. But we all know they are too high falutin for that. 

Silly girl, they have jobs. They are  Reality Show Superstars. Their celebrity status entitles them to be showered with money by their adoring fans. After all, look at all that they do for us!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I had a friend who questioned a charge on her hospital bill once, as she was not able to figure out what it was for.  When pressed the employee in billing told her that all patients in the hospital that had insurance or were self pay, were charged a fee that helped to cover other people medical bills that were never paid.  She was able to get it removed when she said, I'm struggling to pay mine, I can't afford to pay for others too.  So yes some hospitals over charge in order to pick up some of that loss.  I wonder if Christine applied for some charity help from the hospital when Truely was there?  

Not sure how both Christine and Robyn qualified for loans to purchase expensive homes with large outstanding medical debts.  I believe I remember someone saying that Robyn had a medical judgement/lien placed on her home in Las Vegas.  I wonder if they paid that off so she was able to get the almost million dollar home?

Then again they might be using the Family money pot to qualify, but only dole it out as needed.  Making some wives work to get part of what they need?

For no other reason than health insurance every adult needs to get a job that has it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

This no-insurance having nonsense makes me think of Dayton's accident where he injured his eye when at his horrible bio dad's for a visit.  The surgery caused his one eyelid to droop noticeably.  I have to wonder now if due to the lack of insurance, Kody found some cheap quack at "Surgeons R Us" to fix Dayton's eye and that's why it didn't heal properly (see also: Ysabel's PVC-pipe miracle scoliosis fixer designed by Dr. WhatsHisName at some clinic in Flint...also Mykelti being thrown from a horse and being treated by the local hayseed chiropractor).  Could also be why Kody decided to take a "wait and see" approach when Truely was lying dehydrated and unable to move from the couch.  Perhaps he thought she just needed a nice nap and everything would be fine and he wouldn't have to, you know, be a parent.

Just when I think it is simply not possible to loathe these adults any more than I already do they go and manage to prove me wrong.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Could also be why Kody decided to take a "wait and see" approach when Truely was lying dehydrated and unable to move from the couch.  Perhaps he thought she just needed a nice nap and everything would be fine and he wouldn't have to, you know, be a parent.

Just when I think it is simply not possible to loathe these adults any more than I already do they go and manage to prove me wrong.

When Aspyn came out to the patio where he was charring steaks and expressed concern for Truely's condition, he flippantly told her to "give her some LIV water".  With that, he managed to demonstrate what an incredibly unaware parent he is, but on the plus side, he was able to toss in a plug for their magic elixir.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This no-insurance having nonsense makes me think of Dayton's accident where he injured his eye when at his horrible bio dad's for a visit.  The surgery caused his one eyelid to droop noticeably.  I have to wonder now if due to the lack of insurance, Kody found some cheap quack at "Surgeons R Us" to fix Dayton's eye and that's why it didn't heal properly (see also: Ysabel's PVC-pipe miracle scoliosis fixer designed by Dr. WhatsHisName at some clinic in Flint...also Mykelti being thrown from a horse and being treated by the local hayseed chiropractor).  Could also be why Kody decided to take a "wait and see" approach when Truely was lying dehydrated and unable to move from the couch.  Perhaps he thought she just needed a nice nap and everything would be fine and he wouldn't have to, you know, be a parent.

Yes X 1000.  Kootie is a cheap bastard when it comes to paying for necessities.  Only snazzy sports cars and million-dollar abodes for his favorite wife (or as @Kyanight says, the ONLY wife.)  He becomes more loathsome every day.  I don't believe he values the kids he has with Christine.  He probably forgets their names.  

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Laura I think you've nailed it.

It's a mentality, many years ago a distant cousin of mine and his family had that exact same mentality and they never had any health insurance.

Our family and other aunts and uncles always thought they might be grifters, they regularly pulled up roots and moved but always had brand new luxury vehicles and mcmansions, none of the adults had longtime employment and they were always shilling some new pyramid scheme.

They were also like the Browns when it came to Healthcare, they'd visit chiropractors and all sorts of health gurus and births were always at home because they didn't have health insurance.

It blows my mind that Kody and his harem had all those children knowing damn well that they couldn't and wouldn't provide basic health care by medical professionals  😤

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This no-insurance having nonsense makes me think of Dayton's accident where he injured his eye when at his horrible bio dad's for a visit. 

Did I miss something?  I know that Sobbyn proclaims the bio dad to be the spawn of Satan but do we have any real evidence that that is true?

• Love 6

I think prior to the show, Christine was on a state plan bc she was a single, non-working mother of so many kids. Jenelle’s kids were likely on the insurance from her state job and Mariah was likely on the insurance of Kody’s job. I can understand losing a job or being able to not afford insurance while working. I do not understand buying house, after house, after house but failing to get Health insurance for your kids. You don’t buy million dollar homes and not have insurance. I know someone whose job made her part-time because they are having financial issues due to the pandemic. She would still have an enormous amount of work as a part-time worker but decided it is worth it just to have the medical insurance for herself and her son. This is how you parent. 

I am sure those kids aren’t on the car insurance either. I don’t think they plan for anything. How long do they expect this show to last? I don’t doubt the plague property has been mortgaged to the hilt and Christine has probably refinanced her house three times already. I feel like whatever they make from the show is just to pay interest on everything. Maybe life is just easier for them because they don’t plan, don’t make contingencies for worst case scenarios and live by the seat of Kody’s dad jeans. I would probably have a stroke stressing out over money/debt if I was part of that family. 

Edited by MakingBacon
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Wasn't there just a law suit involving one of the boys having a car accident with no insurance?  Wasn't Kody named because the car was in his name?  Or am I remembering incorrectly?

yes you're correct it was Paedon, sorry can't help with the details but I'm sure others can 🙂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Wasn't there just a law suit involving one of the boys having a car accident with no insurance?  Wasn't Kody named because the car was in his name?  Or am I remembering incorrectly?

It was Paedon driving Kody's vehicle who rear ended someone.  Based on the settlement amount, I believe Kody had insurance (because you can't register a car in Nevada without it) but only the minimum policy limits which is $30k per person/$60k per occurrence for bodily injury, and either $5k or $10k for property damage.  It's been a couple decades since I've been in property/casualty insurance claims but basically the way it worked then and I presume works now is like this - the insurance company doesn't want this to go to court because they'll be on the hook for the legal expenses.  They probably pushed for arbitration, and offered up the policy limits of $60k per accident and allowed the judge/arbitrator to divvy up the funds between the plaintiffs.  The car damage probably got settled soon after the accident, again in order to mitigate costs because the insurance company would have to pay for a rental vehicle for the plaintiff/vehicle owner until the property damage claim is settled. 

Back to Christine's medical debt for Truely - interesting that she brings this up now.  I would guess that outstanding debt became a factor when planning Ysabel's spine surgery.  Maybe the hospital or medical center who is supposed to be doing the surgery put a hold on it after finding out about the unpaid bill?  

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Kootie probably told Christine that leaving the state would get them off the hook, but forgot that the world is all linked digitally now.  Deposits for surgery sounds odd, but I agree this fambly must be on the radar for their past bad medical debts, because they love to be on TeeVee.  Didn't Robyn/Kody also have a huge bill for Day'un's ATV accident injuries, even with insurance?  Kootie also delayed taking him to the doctor, which resulted in permanent damage to Day'un's eyelid, which probably could have been avoided if he had surgery right away, rather than waiting to see if it got better on its own, like he did with Truely.  Poor Truely probably had a bacterial infection or something that left her listless & dehydrated, which could have been more cheaply remedied with a visit to urgent care for antibiotics & hydration right away.

Janelle probably had medical insurance for her kids when she worked for the state; I wonder if she got private insurance after she quit?  

Edited by deirdra

So this somewhat makes sense about having to come up with the "deposit" for surgery, especially if she still owes 450K - I never heard of anyone having to do a deposit for surgery ( maybe you do in some cases? )  And Cody is an idiot if he only has state minimums on cars he has registered in his name, if something bad happened, they can sue him and take the house & Plagueville -etc - I still would love to be a fly on the wall to find out why they took out a equity loan.  Also, I bet they will make Ysabel pay for her own surgery now that she is 18 - so I am not buying this BS 

• Love 7

The Browns are expert grifters.  Having outstanding debt like Christine does makes it all the more wrong, buying that McMansion for Queenie.  I don't get how Christine was able to buy her house, either.  In fact, just thinking about all their stupid fiduciary decisions gives me a headache.

• Love 12

Most American colleges and universities require proof of insurance to attend.  And nearly all offer some kind of policies that can be tacked on to your bill--the rates are very reasonable as they are only insuring young adults between 17-24.  And they can provide great coverage. I am surprised that the Browns aren't expecting her to wait until next year so that it can be done under Ysabel's own insurance when she goes to school.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7

Deposits are usually asked for when there is no insurance available, to make sure the person can pay.  Or at least that's what I've run into with my pets; when my cat needed an expensive operation they needed 33% down before they'd do the operation.  I've never been asked for that, but I have health insurance.  I doubt the Browns do for their underage kids.

• Useful 1

Hospitals often ask for deposits even for people with insurance. I was asked for one for surgery I had 3 years ago. It's not uncommon at all, though you can refuse I think. Just remember to ask for an itemized bill afterward because it magically shrinks the total. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I wonder how much in-kind support would be allotted Ysabel.  They should run the calculations to see if she'd qualify for Medicaid and get the surgery done while she's an adult, but not earning much if any money.  

• Love 1

This all just cements my feelings that these people are all horrible examples for their children. I don't know that I can watch them anymore. If they had paid for insurance for their kids, they wouldn't have been able to buy expensive and useless land, expensive houses or play games with marriages, divorces, and adoptions. And there wouldn't be anything to watch on tv. That's their bottom line, keeping the tv money coming in, screw the kids.

• Love 12
On 8/21/2020 at 3:40 PM, Sandy W said:

When Aspyn came out to the patio where he was charring steaks and expressed concern for Truely's condition, he flippantly told her to "give her some LIV water".  With that, he managed to demonstrate what an incredibly unaware parent he is, but on the plus side, he was able to toss in a plug for their magic elixir.

Did he say that?!?  So when this episode eventually comes up for me to watch, I will need to hide all the objects that I might want to throw through my television.  I only recall him ignoring Truely because he was so busy playing BBQ Pitmaster to show off for the cameras.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:13 PM, Kohola3 said:

Did I miss something?  I know that Sobbyn proclaims the bio dad to be the spawn of Satan but do we have any real evidence that that is true?

I was the one that called him "horrible."  I only meant that because that's how Robyn portrays him.  But the fact that Dayton had that accident while under his father's care probably made Robyn rub her hands together and cackle because suddenly, she could spin her "evil ex" story to make him look neglectful, which I'm sure she did.  There is no history strong enough that Robyn cannot revise into whatever suits her needs.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7