Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

Re-watching old seasons, I came across one recently where Kody compared himself to a fireman (Ha!  As if!) because he said that all he ever did was run from house to house putting out fires (you may recall this episode?  It's at Janelle's dumpy Vegas rental where Paedon, Gabe and Garrison are basically beating the crap out of each other, screaming and slamming doors while Kody sits in Janelle's La-Z-Boy staring blankly at his laptop, completely checked out of everything and Janelle has to ask him to please be a father for a hot minute).  It's humorous in a sick and twisted way because Kody has it back-asswards - he's not putting out the fires, he lights them and then frolics away to another wife's house where he can hide from the latest fire he has set until that wife pisses him off, whereby he starts another fire and runs to the next house, etc., etc., ad infinitum.  In fact if Robyn didn't have such a death grip on his man-parts, I'd wager that ol' Mere's dusty and abandoned B&B is looking mighty good to him right now as a great place to get away from all those shrews he married and all those pesky kids he sired.  But he went and married one too many wifeys and now he's stuck for all eternity catering to The Dark Queen of the Underworld and her demanding kids at the expense of all the kids that came before Robyn and her VS undawares slunk into town.

I just hope that Ysabel thrives in spite of Kody's complete lack of attention and that Christine can handle being a single mom to a child that is going to need a lot of post-surgical care.  Best of luck to you, Christine.  Don't call Kody at noon and ask if he can take Truely out for awhile because you know Robyn's still sleeping at that time.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Ugh. I have no idea how you can stomach re-watching, @laurakaye, but I sure do appreciate your insight!

It's actually rather fascinating to see Robyn when she was just a wee lil' witch-in-training.  You can see her carefully planting the seeds of her eventual takeover from way back, and you can also see the expressions on the faces of the other sheep wives as the realizations slowly dawn on them that they have just entered into an eternal celestial marriage with the devil and her clueless boy-toy.  Makes me wish I could go back to school and do a Master's thesis on these people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It's actually rather fascinating to see Robyn when she was just a wee lil' witch-in-training.  You can see her carefully planting the seeds of her eventual takeover from way back, and you can also see the expressions on the faces of the other sheep wives as the realizations slowly dawn on them that they have just entered into an eternal celestial marriage with the devil and her clueless boy-toy.  Makes me wish I could go back to school and do a Master's thesis on these people.

Its fun to watch a second go around, because you absolutely can see the " I am so sweet and innocent" vibe Robyn is trying to portray - she has been plotting and planning since before she joined the fambily

• Love 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Its fun to watch a second go around, because you absolutely can see the " I am so sweet and innocent" vibe Robyn is trying to portray - she has been plotting and planning since before she joined the fambily

I find it interesting to rewatch as well. I think that Christine has flourished the last couple of years, but thats in spite of Robyn's addition to the family not because of it. Given this is the Christine thread, yeah she had a lot of trouble not being the "newest wife" any more, but I dont think she ever misrepresented who she was or what she wanted from the family/relationships. I think Christine is a pretty genuine person which is why all the kids have such an affection for her. 

Who likes Robyn these days besides her own bio kids? No one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It's humorous in a sick and twisted way because Kody has it back-asswards - he's not putting out the fires, he lights them and then frolics away to another wife's house where he can hide from the latest fire he has set until that wife pisses him off, whereby he starts another fire and runs to the next house, etc., etc., ad infinitum. 

That is a great way of explaining it.  It is also why his Plyg Palace had a separate space for Kootie, for when all four of the wives are pissing him off.  Up until now he has used his car or truck to get away from it all, wasting money on gasoline.  Though I must admit I did the same as a teen and when visiting my parents, though I'd volunteer to do the week's grocery shopping and errands while borrowing their car.  Whereas Kody would come home empty handed.

The triplets (Gabe, Gwen & Aurora) used to be in the same grade until Gabe accelerated & graduated early.  Are the girls going to college? Or is being a Raging Bisexual and a Fainting Flower a full time job?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

No wonder the whole family must live together in the plyg palace that will never be built on the Prairie Dog Plague subdiviision - because living apart is too hard, especially for Kody.

It just occurs to me, reading this, that Kody may still be punishing Christine (and by extension, her kids) for refusing to live in the Plyg palace.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

It just occurs to me, reading this, that Kody may still be punishing Christine (and by extension, her kids) for refusing to live in the Plyg palace.

No doubt that's a big part of it, but I have never seen Kody treat Christine or her kids with love or even respect.

Mykelti's wedding plans were a source of annoyance to him, Aspyn's wedding was simply another opportunity for him to grandstand, Truely's near fatal episode with dehydration and the resultant kidney failure was purely parental neglect, the current situation with Ysabel's surgery and prior course of treatment speaks for itself, Paedon has never seemed to do anything right in his eyes and just wait until the s*it hits the fan if they televise Gwen's provocative "coming out" announcement.  I have no doubt that Gwen made her announcement this way to defy Kody and poke the bear so to speak.

Christine turns herself inside out in futile attempts to present to the viewing public a picture of happy, harmonious plyg life, only to be publicly humiliated by him relating how disgusted he was with her during their courtship.  Who didn't cringe for her when she was begging for individual attention during the rock building exercise?

"Wonderful Man"?  I think not Christine, maybe now her eyes are finally open and she has removed her "rose colored glasses".

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Nah.  There was NEVER going to be a poly-palace.  They couldn't afford to bring utilities to the property, first of all.  Secondly, the legal wife has custody of the twit - and since she calls all of the shots, why would she share him NOW?   She's the one and only, getting the majority of income, sleeping until noon, and basically doing nothing to support herself and kids because... well.. she is SPECIAL, don't you know.   That was totally for TLC's benefit, and nothing else.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I had to go back a little bit, but did Gwen come out as a bi-sexual ? Also I find it absolutely disgusting that poor Ysabel was not worth douche Kody to quarantine himself - he should be ashamed. What a prick

I'm going to be rude here.  Not that I am not often rude, but ruder than usual.

It has been my experience that it is quite common for men with multiple wives to show favoritism towards certain children, while, if not ignoring some of the other children, certainly giving very little attention to them.   Maybe when starting out with a few kids they get equal love and attention, but as the years go by and the number of kids multiplies - yeah.

To make it easier to understand, imagine an animal hoarder.  You can't give equal attention to 20 pets (especially if some of them demand very little attention) and still do everything you need to accomplish during the day.   And if you can do that or you know people who have tons of pets and manage to do so - that's awesome. I was just trying to put it into perspective to help people understand... and I'm just speaking of every polygamist family I can think of - and that equal attention and affection for the entire brood isn't the norm.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

It has been my experience that it is quite common for men with multiple wives to show favoritism towards certain children, while, if not ignoring some of the other children, certainly giving very little attention to them.   Maybe when starting out with a few kids they get equal love and attention, but as the years go by and the number of kids multiplies - yeah.

To make it easier to understand, imagine an animal hoarder.  You can't give equal attention to 20 pets (especially if some of them demand very little attention) and still do everything you need to accomplish during the day.   And if you can do that or you know people who have tons of pets and manage to do so - that's awesome. I was just trying to put it into perspective to help people understand... and I'm just speaking of every polygamist family I can think of - and that equal attention and affection for the entire brood isn't the norm.

And I would think it would be near impossible. No matter how much you would want to there just is not enough TIME.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

And it occurs to me that if you're sharing a dude with other women and you make him mad, he can not only withhold his affections from you but also from your kids - punishing them as a way to punish their mother.  No wonder Christine was always tripping over herself to create this fun, carefree vibe around Kody - and Kody being the derfwad that he is, likely preferred spending time at Meri's (quiet), Janelle's (home of his he-man sons) and Robyn's (fun shiny new toy).  And now she's dealing with a major surgery for one of her girls, all alone.  Hey, Christine?  He's just not that into you.

I literally do not know how Kody and Robyn sleep at night....well, Robyn has no conscience and Kody has no brain, so I guess I asked and answered my own question.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Your comments are not rude.  They are coming from someone with firsthand knowledge of the extremely difficult and unnatural lives of polygamists.  Your points about favoritism and the impossibility of caring for a hoard of children are well taken.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I'm glad Ysabel came through the surgery successfully, that poor girl's been through a lot with the pain, exercises, and the plethora of PVC piping she had to wear on her body.  🤗 I wonder if Christine plans on saving it to help reduce building  costs on little plague on the prairie? Sewage pipes, perhaps?  🤔

• Love 7
6 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

And I would think it would be near impossible. No matter how much you would want to there just is not enough TIME.

You’d have to be like a farmer. Up so early, working all day to meet NEEDS. Because, cats aren’t even like a sheep or chicken.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

#lularoemariah?  WTF is that?  Does Audge still shill that crap?

Oh wait, it may be the cute name of what Truely's wearing.  It looks way too big for her.

It looks like a crocheted poncho of some sort.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh wait, it may be the cute name of what Truely's wearing.  It looks way too big for her.

Looks like somebody's afghan with a hole in it for the head.  Hideous.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

In my conservative town, kids can't attend school with hair colored blue. Has to be a color that it could be naturally.

They are no fun!  Now that I have stopped coloring my hair and it's gray I've decided to dye mine pink or blue if we ever get past this pandemic.  That will be my celebration before I jump in my car and start traveling again!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, winsomeone said:

In my conservative town, kids can't attend school with hair colored blue. Has to be a color that it could be naturally.

A lot of schools have rules like that (my private school does and did when I attended). I assumed Truley was attending school remotely- a chance to wear nail polish/hair colors and a wardrobe not allowed at school. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Hopefully. we have now seen the end of those black pleather boots that Christine was rocking out at every couch interview since the show started.

I hope so, those were so ugly!

I must say that Christine is the only one of the 5 adults to have improved with age, appearance-wise.  Aside from more wrinkles (no doubt due to a combination of weight loss, heredity, and sun damage,) she's looking good.  

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope so, those were so ugly!

I must say that Christine is the only one of the 5 adults to have improved with age, appearance-wise.  Aside from more wrinkles (no doubt due to a combination of weight loss, heredity, and sun damage,) she's looking good.  

I think Christine is very pretty. Naturally so, I always thought that. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Christine is very pretty. Naturally so, I always thought that. 

I agree.

So what's the allure of Robyn?  Oh*....  maybe he likes it when she puts on the black leather outfits and cracks the whip.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

So what's the allure of Robyn?  Oh*....  maybe he likes it when she puts on the black leather outfits and cracks the whip.....

In the beginning, she was young and skinny, and her chin and nose were much farther apart.  Now....well, she's still skinny.

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

In the beginning, she was young and skinny, and her chin and nose were much farther apart.  Now....well, she's still skinny.

Ha that made me snort my water.

And if you didn't know,  noses and ear lobes continue to grow throughout life. So Robin is going to be in really bad shape by the time she's 50 or so. 

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 8
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

pictures

Soooo, what, the dog ate the wheel off the car or something?  I don't do IG so I don't know if it has text associated with it.  Cute little village, though.

5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Soooo, what, the dog ate the wheel off the car or something?  I don't do IG so I don't know if it has text associated with it.  Cute little village, though.

Here’s the text:

2E3D660C-2A33-4725-B059-3EFA7FFCD2E4.jpeg

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

I've never considered Robyn skinny.  Thin compared to the rest of the wives, yes, but truly skinny, no.

Robyn was pretty thin in Season 1. I think Kody was attracted to her because of variety compared to his other wives. She was shinny, new and different. To keep it on topic- not that I think he thought Robyn was prettier than Christine or something, but she was NEW. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the text:

2E3D660C-2A33-4725-B059-3EFA7FFCD2E4.jpeg

Nothing like guilting a kid for the rest of his life.  Maybe the next time he's over, she could make a project of repairing the broken pieces with him, showing him that accidents happen, but things can be restored with thought and patience.

Note that being in the clothing industry (har-har), has done nothing to enhance her concept of color co-ordination.  That burgundy tablecloth haphazardly tossed on the table does nothing for the orange/brown/black/green of the Halloween decorations.

• Love 2

I swear that Christine is a more loving "Oma" to Axel than Janelle is.  Not to shame Janelle, but Christine is truly the only "wife" who takes seriously the fact that she considers her bonus kids as her own, and I think they feel the same towards her.  Have Meri and/or Robyn ever flown out to see Axel?  I know Mariah has but my guess is that neither Meri nor Robyn are welcome at Maddie's house.  So much for one big happy fam'ly.

• Love 10

My 'filling' is that Maddie considers Christine as close to her as her bio mom Janelle.  I think the only reason Robo was at Axel's birth was because Kootie was there.  Meri is and was a bitch to Maddie, as per Maddie's now-deleted? social media post.  

Nope, Meri is persona non grata as far as Maddie's concerned.  Robo only wants Kootie around, and has acted like it 'from day 1.'  How could the kids 'fill' otherwise, when Robo was nothing but an interloper, and, combined with her spawn, was a further time-suck with the bio kids' only dad?  I'd resent the hell out of that, too!

I've posted before, that Christine is the most devoted to the whole family, and the LEAST appreciated.  

• Love 10

I agree that Christine has done a whole lot for the family in caring for all of those kids for years and they clearly do love her. 

I know Janelle is unpopular and easy to mock these days but I honestly don't think she gets enough credit for bringing in a steady income for that period of time as well as signing over her retirement money to fund the move. 

It's a mystery how Robo is favored by Kootie when she's been nothing but a bloodsucker since day one, contributing nothing but demands and pure evil intentions.

Meri - I got nuthin'.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My 'filling' is that Maddie considers Christine as close to her as her bio mom Janelle.  I think the only reason Robo was at Axel's birth was because Kootie was there.  Meri is and was a bitch to Maddie, as per Maddie's now-deleted? social media post.  

Nope, Meri is persona non grata as far as Maddie's concerned.  Robo only wants Kootie around, and has acted like it 'from day 1.'  How could the kids 'fill' otherwise, when Robo was nothing but an interloper, and, combined with her spawn, was a further time-suck with the bio kids' only dad?  I'd resent the hell out of that, too!

I've posted before, that Christine is the most devoted to the whole family, and the LEAST appreciated.  

19 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I agree that Christine has done a whole lot for the family in caring for all of those kids for years and they clearly do love her. 

I know Janelle is unpopular and easy to mock these days but I honestly don't think she gets enough credit for bringing in a steady income for that period of time as well as signing over her retirement money to fund the move. 

It's a mystery how Robo is favored by Kootie when she's been nothing but a bloodsucker since day one, contributing nothing but demands and pure evil intentions.

Meri - I got nuthin'.

Yes I agree Christine is devoted to the entire family and likely always will be. I think that Janelle does appreciate all Christine did as the primary caregiver for the kids for all those years. Its likely Savanah still spends a lot of time with Christine. 

I think Meri would be willing to be involved in the adult kids lives as much as they would want, for the "1st group"- Logan- Mykelti all three wives worked together to raise the kids, but Meri is busy doing her own thing, and there's obvious tension with Kody and truthfully young adults can be pretty self involved. I think in 15-20yrs if Meri was really sick and Mariah needed help caring for her (not just financial help but physical and emotional help) I think the older kids would step up and contribute if they were able. But for Christine- I think they would all move heaven and earth for her.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She keep his man-parts in her purse and only doles out a small portion of gruel every day, keeping him too weak to run.

I would watch the heck out of a show where Christine and Janelle finally bail on this sham of a fam'ly...where Christine goes on to develop her own successful clothing line and Janelle finds a great 9 - 5 job and they move into a house a la Kate & Allie, complete with a backyard pool and plenty of space for the kids to crash, while Kody and Robyn are forced to either become homeless or move into the dusty spare room under the stairs at Meri's B&B, and Meri feeds Robyn Rice Krispie treats and cinnamon rolls until she gains 200 pounds and Kody can no longer distinguish her from any of his other wives and then he goes insane, shaves his head and lives in a tent on the banks of Coyote Poop Pond, taking daily salmonella baths and wondering where it all went wrong.

Wow, that fan fiction practically writes itself sometimes!

Omg that’s hilarious. 

• Love 5
On 10/28/2020 at 6:32 PM, Kohola3 said:

It's a mystery how Robo is favored by Kootie when she's been nothing but a bloodsucker since day one, contributing nothing but demands and pure evil intentions.

Game recognizes game.

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5