Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

My budget (the Browns don’t know that word) for eating out is exactly $0. I haven’t eaten out since early November. Not by choice - by necessity. 

How in the hell can she afford to eat out, what reads as, several times a week?!

How is she supposed to stick to a weight loss or even simple healthy eating in her “constant battle to eat at home?”

How is she modeling healthy eating habits for her kids?

She really is a lump. That’s not a dig at her weight, just her overall everything. What the hell? How can she be a health coach yet feel the constant lure of eating out? No wonder individual ingredients are rock stars, because she’s not regularly cooking meals!! 

Ughhhhh!!!!!!!!

Janelle is a "Dollar Menu-aire"!

• Love 4

I am curious to hear what y’all think her deal is. How can she be such a lump yet start her own business as a health coach? She functions as someone who is terribly, terribly depressed. Yet she continues with her albeit strange health coach posts. What’s her deal? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I am curious to hear what y’all think her deal is. How can she be such a lump yet start her own business as a health coach? She functions as someone who is terribly, terribly depressed. Yet she continues with her albeit strange health coach posts. What’s her deal? 

Good question... Why choose health coach as your cause celebre when you're almost morbidly obese?

Even if the deal is running it at a loss for tax purposes why not choose something that doesn't set you up for constant ridicule and humiliation?

I don't get it. 😮

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

At some point several years ago she decided to address the weight issue.  They all actually weighed themselves on camera.  She then started working with a personal trainer.  She was actually making progress even though she wasn't losing pounds.  Even though the commitment ceremony dress was hideously ugly, it did show that she was much more toned and had lost some of her midsection.  She even talked about opening her own gym.  I think it hit her that this would be a LIFE-LONG COMMITTMENT.  There was no doing this for a while and then going back to her old lifestyle of couch potato.  I honestly think she believes that there MUST be an easier way and decided to make some money dragging along her "fans" on her quest to find it.  Hence, the stupid posts about the latest "Rockstar" fad.  I really think she believes that if she can just find the right combination of breathing, going outside, and adding a few Rockstar vegetables/supplements to her diet she will effortlessly lose weight.  Yes, she will have to occasionally cook something healthy and go on a few walks (if she can find her shoes) but that is really all that will be necessary - you know, like all those click-bait ads that say you can make $15,873 a month working from home part time.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

It’s her posts that get me. Even if I never saw her, there’s no energy, nothing new,  just words typed. She’s certified. What did she learn, what can she share? Instead, she’s not sure, has thought about _______, but hasn’t tried it. On and on.

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I remember on the very first episode of Sister Wives, Janelle stated that Christine cooked all of the dinners for her and her children, and poor Logan, would wake up 30 minutes before his siblings, and cook them breakfast, cause Janelle was already gone.

Now that she doesn't have Christine or Logan to do her cooking for her, she struggles to eat at home.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I remember on the very first episode of Sister Wives, Janelle stated that Christine cooked all of the dinners for her and her children, and poor Logan, would wake up 30 minutes before his siblings, and cook them breakfast, cause Janelle was already gone.

Now that she doesn't have Christine or Logan to do her cooking for her, she struggles to eat at home.

Ya cooking and nutrition are a brand new concept with this one.... She's shockingly ignorant about things most of us have known since our later teen years or early adulthood.

She reminds me of a 300lb baby bird that just fell out of its nest.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Even if the deal is running it at a loss for tax purposes why not choose something that doesn't set you up for constant ridicule and humiliation?

Precisely why it's a mystery.

She knows she's on TV and in the tabloids.  She knows people are able to see how worthless her advice is. 

Why not select something where she isn't such a glaring failure?  Do something like, I don't know, mind-melding with dead people or something people can't prove that she's totally inept at?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Precisely why it's a mystery.

She knows she's on TV and in the tabloids.  She knows people are able to see how worthless her advice is. 

Why not select something where she isn't such a glaring failure?  Do something like, I don't know, mind-melding with dead people or something people can't prove that she's totally inept at?

I think initially Janelle was applauded for addressing her weight so publicly. People were praising her left and right (well maybe not on this forum - but in general). She was successful and she was appealing because she acknowledged how hard it was. People found it inspiring.

The problem is that she is now no longer actively showing results. In fact she is gaining.  So now she just keeps acknowledging how hard it is - without actually committing effort. 

She's stuck with a company and a business plan that really no longer applies to her life. She keeps at it with minimal effort just to avoid complete failure.

I see Janelle as someone who has a lot of ideas and plans but never quite follows through. She's weighted down by something - figuratively and literally. Either its depression, or dysthymia or even ADHD.

I actually feel very sorry for her in a way and I can relate (though not to her extent- and of course I don't have such a public presence). 

I hope she finds renewed inspiration because posting these posts are getting really ridiculous.

• Love 11

She could let it go the way of MSW’s closet. Or she could post more and more infrequently. And yet she posts, what, like once a week? And isn’t she getting a second certification? The one where she focused on sweet potatoes for a week?

I agree she does deserve accolades for initially addressing her weight problem publicly. I feel for her trying to lose that much weight at this stage of life. It’s because it’s hard!

• Love 5
23 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

THIS!!  I am not a good cook.  In the interest of self preservation my husband learned to cook so he would not starve to death.  Some times he wants to eat something I do not like.  Other times he just isn't very hungry and does not want to make a full meal.  Even though I don't cook it is NOT that hard to have simple/easy things on hand that even I can't screw up.  Even if they aren't quite as healthy as some other choices I can still find many things that are better than fast food (which you KNOW is her go-to.)  Add to this the fact that they are much cheaper and save you the effort of leaving the house (WHY isn't this a plus for Janelle?) I really don't get the "lure" of eating out several times a week.

Special occasion, yes.  Getting a favorite thing you can't make, sure, why not.  But these should be treats, not every day occurrences.

I mostly agree, but it can depend on your lifestyle and income. My sister and her live-in boyfriend eat out constantly, probably four or five nights out of seven. They both make great money, have no small kids living with them, one cat, and are home together every night.

My husband and I ate out a lot when we were dating and even after we started living together, simply because neither of us are cooks and we had smaller bills. We probably ate out two or three nights a week. After we bought the house though, that all but stopped. We treat ourselves a few times during the summer and at Christmas when we make our annual shopping trip, but we have weird schedules and usually fend for ourselves most nights. I don't miss it at all, because I always overeat when dining out, and the cost can get ridiculous. But I would rather go to a fine dining restaurant a couple times a year than hit a casual dining chain regularly. I like it to be an experience, not the norm.

I would think Janelle would cook more often since she has two kids still at home. But people are spoiled - it's much easier to order delivery or run through a drive-thru. Which is why Americans are bigger than ever. I get it, but it is kind of depressing sometimes!

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

But I would rather go to a fine dining restaurant a couple times a year than hit a casual dining chain regularly. I like it to be an experience, not the norm.

I so agree with you.  Mr. lookeyloo would like to go out way more than me.  He says "we could go get something to eat" and I say "I could make it in the Instant Pot faster, better, healthier and cheaper".  So mostly that's what we do.  

• Love 5
21 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Janelle should ask Christine what she did to loose weight and follow her advice. 

Christine should be the one who posts on the Strive account.  She looks terrific and is so energetic that sometimes she's hyper.  People would genuinely want to know the secret to her success.  Janelle needs to be honest and share her secrets to living a fat, dumpy, apathetic and depressed existence. 

• Love 10
On 4/8/2019 at 3:25 PM, Saje81 said:

Kody was nagging Meri about the expensive options in her house. Meri shouted: "I won't have a slider, Kody!" Like it was the worst thing in the world.

Glass doors are for peasants!  I won't have any less than a 4-bedroom either!  And it must be over 4000 sf!  She so fancy now.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Janelle can feel free to use this in her Strive posts.

Today I really wanted to go outside but just couldn't get motivated so I found something almost as good.  The Masters live on TV.  There are trees, grass, flowers and ponds to gaze at.  No one uses golfcarts--they walk everywhere, lots of walking, so that's exercise.  And the golf claps--they're so soothing and reduce my anxiety.  I feel so relaxed and comfy right now, I think I might try this all week.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Hey guys, I was talking to my friend about the show, and she said that Kody and Janelle have never shared a kiss on the show.

I know there have been so many seasons of the show, and I can't remember if they ever had a kiss on camera, but I'm sure they must have at least once on the show. Does anyone remember at least one, or is my friend right?

26 minutes ago, GleamingMist said:

I feel like they kissed that episode when Truly was in the hospital? 

If that happened, I'm glad I either missed it or wiped the memory of it from my brain.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Adiba said:

Ah, a puppy consolation gift. Gabe gets a puppy to focus on instead of being sad about the move?

Exactly what I thought.  "Here's something to make up for the loss of your girlfriend and social status at your old school.  Enjoy." 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Wonder what's up with the "ASU future sundevil" lanyard - if he's planning on going there or just looking around?

While it sucked for Gabe to move in his junior year, if he does want to attend ASU at least it will be cheaper now that they will get in state tuition.  Also, with his grades he should get a pretty good merit scholarship to ASU. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I feel badly for Gabe, but I’m hopeful he’s turning those lemons into lemonade. 

Maybe he's already setting his sights on getting the hell out. picking a college, and letting a new puppy distract him from the rest of the mess.  At that age 2 years seems a lifetime but he'll be grown and out before he knows it.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

B8B4F048-F248-4296-A175-5407AB0977CF.jpeg

E3E04A96-B37F-4A1F-855F-F7FFFE42F372.jpeg

Savanah has a LOT of hair.  Could be a glorious mane if brought under control with a little conditioner.  I wonder if they are walking over to bonus mom Christine's house for a treatment, I somehow don't see Janelle struggling to get a comb or brush through that hair.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Savanah has a LOT of hair.  Could be a glorious mane if brought under control with a little conditioner.  I wonder if they are walking over to bonus mom Christine's house for a treatment, I somehow don't see Janelle struggling to get a comb or brush through that hair.

Christine lives way up the hill near Prairiedog Plague Pass.  I suspect Janelle was standing at the foot of her own driveway while snapping a pic of Savannah actually doing the dog walking.

I like Savannah's hair just the way it is - like I wore mine from ~1969-1976.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I feel so sorry for Savannah. Out of all the kids, she is the most hurt by this move. She needs to be close to Christine who is 30 minutes away. Janelle won't take her there I'm sure. She needs to be close to her siblings but they are all in high school while she is in 8th grade. She, of all of them, is the most isolated.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I feel so sorry for Savannah. Out of all the kids, she is the most hurt by this move. She needs to be close to Christine who is 30 minutes away. Janelle won't take her there I'm sure. She needs to be close to her siblings but they are all in high school while she is in 8th grade. She, of all of them, is the most isolated.

I keep going back to how Janelle said that Savannah used to spend all her time in her bedroom, supposedly because it was too hot in Vegas.  I don't buy it.  She seems like a pretty shy kid, so maybe she was avoiding the cameras all over her house.  And while she occasionally appears during the couch sessions, she rarely talks.  Not everyone is cut out to be a famewhore.  Too bad Savannah can't just move in with Christine...oh, I forgot.  Janelle wants the privilege of raising her own kids, whether it's good for them or not.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I keep going back to how Janelle said that Savannah used to spend all her time in her bedroom, supposedly because it was too hot in Vegas.  I don't buy it.  She seems like a pretty shy kid, so maybe she was avoiding the cameras all over her house.  And while she occasionally appears during the couch sessions, she rarely talks.  Not everyone is cut out to be a famewhore.  Too bad Savannah can't just move in with Christine...oh, I forgot.  Janelle wants the privilege of raising her own kids, whether it's good for them or not.

When I heard that I thought maybe there were other issues than the heat that caused Savannah to spend most of her time in her room. I thought, too, why doesn't Janelle see to it that Savannah gets out more? Do some mother-daughter things?

Savanah had to move at a tender time as well- 13 and in 8th grade, last year of middle school. Girls in that age group can be bru-tal. I hope she has found some friends in her new home.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Adiba said:

When I heard that I thought maybe there were other issues than the heat that caused Savannah to spend most of her time in her room. I thought, too, why doesn't Janelle see to it that Savannah gets out more? Do some mother-daughter things?

Savanah had to move at a tender time as well- 13 and in 8th grade, last year of middle school. Girls in that age group can be bru-tal. I hope she has found some friends in her new home.

I could just imagine Kody showing up at school events with the bonus moms in tow, calling out "gather up all my Brown kids", then smugly looking for a reaction from Savanah's friends and their parents.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Yes, at least some of the kids in high school are probably trying to act like they are sophisticated enough to accept alternative life styles.  Middle school, not so much.  ANYTHING that makes you weird is grounds for teasing and ridicule.  Plus, Gabe, Gwen and Aurora (and to an extent Ysabel) have the power of numbers - it's harder to ostracize all of them.

• Love 6
On 4/14/2019 at 7:56 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

Wonder what's up with the "ASU future sundevil" lanyard - if he's planning on going there or just looking around?

Gabe's timing is good. There is one open slot thanks to Lori Loughlin's husband banning the daughter from going to ASU. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I remember a time when they were in the rentals and Savannah was sitting on the stairs and giving a little interview.  She said she hadn't seen her dad in over a week.  She said it in such a small, sad voice that it broke my heart.  It's the only time I remember her speaking.

As an introvert myself, I can't imagine what's it like to be an introvert in that family.  To have your private family business aired on national teevee is  my idea of one of the seven circles of hell.  I hope she  is settling in to her new life and is happy.

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Wait, what am I missing here, Janelle "came home for lunch today - love living in a smaller town"?  Is she employed outside the home?  Where does she normally have her lunch?

Good questions.  Maybe from striving? or rather, strifing.

I think they could get another season with a cross-over to M600PL for wls and skin removal.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

51C55E02-4D2A-4646-BB3F-9A71C482CEAB.jpeg

omg this is so close to one of MahamidFM's parodies I had to read it twice to be sure. Especially the line about "a million reasons to drive through"! Plus the photo of the icky-looking salad drenched in high-fat dressing. The giveaway though was the misspelling of "Sriracha."

• LOL 11
  • Love 6