Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, lilsadone said:

I ate TWO avocados today 😭

But they all went ripe at the same time (even though I tried to prevent that) so I had no choice!! 

True.  I really try to avoid calorie dense foods most of the time.  Same with nuts or nut butters.  Which is why it is so hard for some of us to lose weight.  I really have to get on track.  My numbers were not to good the last time I went to the doctor.   As my doctor says.  "Weight loss is vegetables and lean protein"  With a small amount of healthy carbs and healthy fats.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.  I really try to avoid calorie dense foods most of the time.  Same with nuts or nut butters.  Which is why it is so hard for some of us to lose weight.  I really have to get on track.  My numbers were not to good the last time I went to the doctor.   As my doctor says.  "Weight loss is vegetables and lean protein"  With a small amount of healthy carbs and healthy fats.  

So true.  I've been trying to focus on the above boldface. Nuts are my weakness too.  I'm training on my new insulin pump and it's amazing how accountable it will hold you. lol  I mean really. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Was this picture taken in Janelle's furnished rental?  Because it looks really grimy.

I believe it is. She posted the same picture back in February, stating some of her adult kids were in town. I think it was for the Tell Nothing filming.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked Janelle if she started her garden.....

183035CF-B75B-491F-9C73-B68A2D5EC86B.jpeg

🤦‍♀️

Sounds about right... He took Robyn on a 2nd honeymoon and he gave Janelle a composter.

Gee maybe next year he can give Robyn a diamond necklace and get Janelle a new garbage can with WHEELS!!!   Yay!!!  

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked Janelle if she started her garden.....

183035CF-B75B-491F-9C73-B68A2D5EC86B.jpeg

🤦‍♀️

Oh Janelle!  You've had the composter (an anniversary or Valentine's Day gift?) for a few years now and had to wait until you encountered someone to tell you it's easy.  Read the directions.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Oh Janelle!  You've had the composter (an anniversary or Valentine's Day gift?) for a few years now and had to wait until you encountered someone to tell you it's easy.  Read the directions.

I'm just waiting for her to figure out that you can add egg shells to the compost...

Then she can share her awesome discovery with the rest of us.  🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

She brought her composter, but not her furniture, to Flag?

Has she put her avocado peels in there yet?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm just waiting for her to figure out that you can add egg shells to the compost...

Then we'll be inundated with blogs about the benefits of adding eggs to the diet, and the "discovery" that egg whites alone may have just about as much nutritional value as whole eggs.  She could even stretch her blog by asking "how do YOU separate the white from the yolk?"

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Don't forget coffee grounds!  My late MIL was a master gardener.  I'd love to have her critique Janelle's pathetic attempts at anything to do with gardening.

28 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Or tea bags and coffee grounds.

Yes!  I hadn't read your post.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Was this picture taken in Janelle's furnished rental?  Because it looks really grimy.

Garrison looks a bit grimy too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, neh said:

Garrison looks a bit grimy too.

Looks like he needs a good night's sleep.  I don't think that's a tattoo on his hand, probably hasn't had a shower and that's the remnants of a hand stamp from an event to celebrate his 21st. BD.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Looks like he needs a good night's sleep.  I don't think that's a tattoo on his hand, probably hasn't had a shower and that's the remnants of a hand stamp from an event to celebrate his 21st. BD.

He does look a bit hungover.  I hope Kootie got his panties in a knot over Garrison celebrating, if in fact there was alcohol involved.  Garrison and Gabriel are favorites of mine.  Paedon is too, for standing tall and not going to that stupid pro-polygamy thing a couple of years ago.  Christine dragged all five of her daughters there, IIRC.

• Love 5
On 4/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, laurakaye said:

Considering that this show is about 16 - 20 months behind from what is really happening, is it safe to assume that all four wives are in their rentals right now and that something is being built at the Angels Singink property?  Is there any way to scope out that piece of land to see what, if anything, is being built?

We should all chip in on a drone. 

• LOL 5
11 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:
On 4/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, laurakaye said:

Considering that this show is about 16 - 20 months behind from what is really happening, is it safe to assume that all four wives are in their rentals right now and that something is being built at the Angels Singink property?  Is there any way to scope out that piece of land to see what, if anything, is being built?

We should all chip in on a drone. 

OMG wouldn't that be funny to start a Gofundme for a drone to check out the Sister Wives to keep them safe from prairie plague??  I would totally donate!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Sometimes ads that pop up on here are creepy.....

C3E2751C-BFB4-4D7B-B785-D2042506A082.jpeg

I wonder if this is similar to Kody's gift that Janelle had to have a random stranger tell her how to operate.  It's easy Janelle.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

OMG wouldn't that be funny to start a Gofundme for a drone to check out the Sister Wives to keep them safe from prairie plague??  I would totally donate!

Omg... I love it... Count me in, I'd gladly donate!!!

I bet Kootie would get a shotgun and go crazy... Old coot probably couldn't hit the side of a barn. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

And from the looks of it surrounded by junk as usual.

What is it with these people and crap piled up all over their floors?

Clutter makes me crazy. I am always fighting against it, and I only live with two other grown adults.

Gabe's room was a disaster in the last episode, and he claims he hadn't started packing yet, so I assume it's always like that. Now, I get it, teenage boy - over the weekend we visted my sister-in-law's family and my nephew's room was just as bad if not worse. He's not a teenager yet though. But still, I know kid's rooms are not always a good judge of how the rest of the family lives. But we've seen the clutter in many of the Brown abodes. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Clutter makes me crazy. I am always fighting against it, and I only live with two other grown adults.

Gabe's room was a disaster in the last episode, and he claims he hadn't started packing yet, so I assume it's always like that. Now, I get it, teenage boy - over the weekend we visted my sister-in-law's family and my nephew's room was just as bad if not worse. He's not a teenager yet though. But still, I know kid's rooms are not always a good judge of how the rest of the family lives. But we've seen the clutter in many of the Brown abodes. 

I hate clutter... drives me nuts because it makes it so much more difficult to keep things clean and tidy if you've got junk everywhere.

It's an old saying but it was a favorite of my mom and she pounded it into our heads as kids... "A place for everything and everything in it's place"

My house isn't perfect by any means but I do try my best to keep the clutter to an absolute minimum... it also helps that hubby is a clean freak and always puts things away when he's finished with them.

I think that's how Gabes room is because in the episode before this Janelle went to his room to talk to him and IIRC it was a cluttered mess..... it also drove me nuts how he dragged that heavy wooden dresser across the carpet... geeez get someone and pick it up don't drag it on carpet!

• Love 5
On 4/11/2019 at 12:39 AM, DaphneCat said:

I'm getting Moving Cubes - You Pack We Move and Affordable Home Elevators.  (Don't they know I live in a ranch house?)

I'm getting Victoria's Secret ads for blue jean's for extra long legs...😎

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

These awful ads are making me doubly glad I have the ad blocker on!  Although the pups are cute.

At least they aren't ads for the joorey business or the B&B.

I get ads for lobster and beef. I think that I win!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Those potatoes actually look really good but I would have used some kind of seasoning - Rosemary & garlic, Cavendars - something.

Potatoes and bread (other than whole wheat/whole grain) are terrible for people with Diabetes.  With Janelle's weight I would be shocked if she isn't at least borderline.  You would think if she really IS health conscious and not just trying to make a dime however she can that she would be knowledgeable about that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Again with the "busy" statement. What is she doing that keeps her so busy? I'm retired and I bet I'm way more busy than she is from what we've seen. 

She doesn't have a job so WTF?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Potatoes and bread (other than whole wheat/whole grain) are terrible for people with Diabetes.  With Janelle's weight I would be shocked if she isn't at least borderline.  You would think if she really IS health conscious and not just trying to make a dime however she can that she would be knowledgeable about that.

A few seasons ago, she invariably wore white socks that one viewer recognized as diabetic socks, she may have just been wearing them for comfort, but I agree if she doesn't have full blown diabetes now, it's in her future.  

I wonder if their reluctance to respect doctor's opinions extends to the care of the adults as well as the kids.  And yet, they have taken part in more than 25 years of family therapy with no positive results. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

A few seasons ago, she invariably wore white socks that one viewer recognized as diabetic socks, she may have just been wearing them for comfort

That's certainly possible.  When you have fat calves (like I do) those socks are very comfortable because they aren't tight.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

My budget (the Browns don’t know that word) for eating out is exactly $0. I haven’t eaten out since early November. Not by choice - by necessity. 

How in the hell can she afford to eat out, what reads as, several times a week?!

How is she supposed to stick to a weight loss or even simple healthy eating in her “constant battle to eat at home?”

How is she modeling healthy eating habits for her kids?

She really is a lump. That’s not a dig at her weight, just her overall everything. What the hell? How can she be a health coach yet feel the constant lure of eating out? No wonder individual ingredients are rock stars, because she’s not regularly cooking meals!! 

Ughhhhh!!!!!!!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

How in the hell can she afford to eat out, what reads as, several times a week?!

How is she supposed to stick to a weight loss or even simple healthy eating in her “constant battle to eat at home?”

She really is a lump. That’s not a dig at her weight, just her overall everything. What the hell? How can she be a health coach yet feel the constant lure of eating out? No wonder individual ingredients are rock stars, because she’s not regularly cooking meals!! 

THIS!!  I am not a good cook.  In the interest of self preservation my husband learned to cook so he would not starve to death.  Some times he wants to eat something I do not like.  Other times he just isn't very hungry and does not want to make a full meal.  Even though I don't cook it is NOT that hard to have simple/easy things on hand that even I can't screw up.  Even if they aren't quite as healthy as some other choices I can still find many things that are better than fast food (which you KNOW is her go-to.)  Add to this the fact that they are much cheaper and save you the effort of leaving the house (WHY isn't this a plus for Janelle?) I really don't get the "lure" of eating out several times a week.

Special occasion, yes.  Getting a favorite thing you can't make, sure, why not.  But these should be treats, not every day occurrences.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, DaphneCat said:

Special occasion, yes.  Getting a favorite thing you can't make, sure, why not.  But these should be treats, not every day occurrences.

:::::::Cries::::::

• LOL 6

"I sure do feel like I fight a constant battle to eat at home."

Her choice of wording is cracking me up.  Like someone is forcibly removing you from your home, Janelle, and marching you at gunpoint to the drive thru?  The prairie dogs swarm and drag you away by the cuffs of your pants to the Olive Garden?  

By her admission the only thing motivating her to get off the couch everyday is to go get ready made food and yet she is a health coach.  Physician, heal thyself.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

Did you ever notice that the participants on My 600 Lb. Life are rarely seen cooking at home, they are either receiving deliveries or at the drive-thru of fast food joints.  Coincidence?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Again with the "busy" statement. What is she doing that keeps her so busy? I'm retired and I bet I'm way more busy than she is from what we've seen. 

She doesn't have a job so WTF?

She is busy STRIVING...don't you pay attention? LOL

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

My budget (the Browns don’t know that word) for eating out is exactly $0. I haven’t eaten out since early November. Not by choice - by necessity. 

Ughhhhh!!!!!!!!

She'd win the gold for lump olympics. 

This woman is seriously checked out on life. She did so much better when she was on her own and never should have come back to Kody and his lure of a big house. This man ruins women and for Janelle, seems to have sucked out all her brain cells. 

• Love 6