Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Maybe I've seen this show too much. Amos looks kind of like Kody. Maybe it's the facial hair. 

Yeah I thought he looked liked Kody’s brother, who in turn looked like Kody.  Guess Meri has a type 
spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 6
25 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Yeah I thought he looked liked Kody’s brother, who in turn looked like Kody.  Guess Meri has a type 
spacer.png

Oh, yeah! My first response was “He looks like a Brown!”

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I hope Kody is storming around Coyote Pass with his visor and gloves shoved firmly into place, raging that his discarded women all seem to be flourishing without him rather than sitting around, sad and lonely, pining for his manly abs and firm gluteus maximus.  

I am with you on this one. And I hope he's raging even harder that Janelle in particular is flourishing mightily without the companionship of a man. Men like Kody think that women can't survive on their own. That woman never needed him. He was lucky she ever wanted him.

• Like 13
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

spacer.png

He looks like Brother John from the 90-Day franchise…

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I hope Kody is storming around Coyote Pass with his visor and gloves shoved firmly into place, raging that his discarded women all seem to be flourishing without him rather than sitting around, sad and lonely, pining for his manly abs and firm gluteus maximus.  

Yes but think about those poor trees that he is getting ready to attack .and murder.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

10 hours ago

Good for Meri, hope that means she’s getting “divorced” on the daily.

Hopefully Amos likes Meri's turkey.

I think it bothers Kody more when his ex-wives find men they like better than him and stop groveling for his attention. As long as Janelle is single, Kody can delude himself into believing she is still thinking about him and might be missing his manhood. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Meri looks pleased with her new man- may they be happy together. I see the resemblance between he and her brother but not he and Kody. 

I have been very hard on Meri through the years but this made me smile.  I hope she is happy after years of emotional abandonment.  

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Yes but think about those poor trees that he is getting ready to attack .and murder.

Why is he always taking his frustrations out on those poor trees?  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Either because Coyote Pass represents all of his crushed dreams of building a compound and having all of his children travel to gather 'round his knee and gaze up adoringly at him, or because all of those children, along with their mothers, have abandoned him and all he has left are the trees, mocking him.

But seriously, he needs to just hit a gym and leave the trees alone.

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

spacer.png

I think this is Curtis, Kootie's brother that died in a motorcycle accident.

31 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I have been very hard on Meri through the years but this made me smile.  I hope she is happy after years of emotional abandonment.  

Same here.  Meri has been a bitch IMO, but now that she's found a (hopefully!) better man than Kootie, I wish her well.  I also hope that Kootie is beside himself with pissyness oozing out of every follicle.  Crybrows has not looked very happy or pleased with her "prize."  Good!

Mr. X thinks the only way this show's going to continue is if Kootie gets another wife.  I disagree, but how I wish he would do exactly that.  Crybrows deserves to be humbled, big time.

• Like 9
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mr. X thinks the only way this show's going to continue is if Kootie gets another wife.  I disagree, but how I wish he would do exactly that.  Crybrows deserves to be humbled, big time.

Oh, tell that sweet summer child that the show will continue as long as it continues to make the right people the right amount of money. It's not like Discovery/TLC, Figure 8, or the Brown family have a deep commitment to storytelling with integrity.

I haven't followed the ratings, but from what I've seen discussed, they're supposedly the highest they have been in years. That's all Discovery/TLC care about.

Christine, Janelle, and Meri all seem to make a living parting fools from their money with their MLMs, but the production has demanded so very little of them (and Kody and Robyn) for so long, Sister Wives is likely the easiest money they'll ever make. They had years where they didn't have enough money to put a decent meal on the table. I figure they'll stick around until the money becomes too little compensation for the work time they put in or the negative attention they garner. 

Figure 8 Films (the production company) might honestly grow tired before anyone else, but I'm sure at this point, the show probably nearly makes itself. If the current offscreen talent moves on, they can just hire new (and probably cheaper) crew members.

It has to become more trouble than it is worth for one of these three groups of people, before it goes away.

• Like 12

I am mystified by Meri's reference to him not being 6'6" nor a pilot

Was "Sam" not a helicopter pilot and very tall? 

Is this Meri's way of saying that Amos is Mr. Goodenough?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 2
37 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I was flummoxed by that as well.  Since I had already dialed out before the catfishing arc, I had no idea of what Sam was supposed to look like. 

Poor Amos, second place to a fantasy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

I was flummoxed by that as well.  Since I had already dialed out before the catfishing arc, I had no idea of what Sam was supposed to look like. 

Poor Amos, second place to a fantasy.

@Sandy W and @Orcinus orcaI believe in one of the last specials (look backs or something) Meri's friend Jen said that Meri was looking for someone 6ft 6 and a pilot. They were joking around and laughing , but I believe she was referencing her and Jen's conversation about what her next man would be like. 

I am guessing because those episodes are still not streaming the reference might be lost on people who did not see it. 

Edited by zamp33
forgot to @ in my reply
  • Like 12
  • Useful 11
  • LOL 1

good for mary! its about time, and as stated above, its very nice of her to have waited till after christines wedding arc to have announced her own good news.

• Like 13

Surely some sleuth has got the deets on Amos?   Who is he, who are his people, what does he do for a living, how did the meet ....

It didn't take us 24 hours to uncover all the info on David Wooley.   

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 5
15 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

A while back someone posted a picture of Meri and a guy sitting across from each other at a restaurant.  Some wondered if it was a date.  Others thought it might have been Kooter's brother.  Could it have been this fellow?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
Just now, Sweetpea12 said:

A while back someone posted a picture of Meri and a guy sitting across from each other at a restaurant.  Some wondered if it was a date.  Others thought it might have been Kooter's brother.  Could it have been this fellow?

It is.  Reddit brought back the pictures and it's definitely him. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
(edited)

Good for Meri. I hope it works out to be a long term relationship because God knows all three OG wives have suffered untold emotional and verbal a use from this fucking asshole for decades. They all three deserve happiness.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 22
  • Applause 1

Surely some sleuth has got the deets on Amos?   Who is he, who are his people, what does he do for a living, how did the meet ....

David provided his last name right up front, making it an easy Google search. We don't have a last name for Amos, but I'm sure some obsessed soul on Reddit will figure it out eventually.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

David provided his last name right up front, making it an easy Google search. We don't have a last name for Amos, but I'm sure some obsessed soul on Reddit will figure it out eventually.

I think Amos is a fairly common first name with Mormon males so that may start the search.

• Like 3

Yeah, I think so. Remember Meri filtered the heck out of the close up photos of them together, If you look at the 4th photo in her post, the distant shot, her "date photo" sure does look like Amos. Good for her for keeping it to herself for as long as she did!

Hoping this can really be someone good for her!

• Like 13
19 hours ago, Sandy W said:

There is sort of a meme going around about pilots being a catch. I think it was started by pilots lol. 

• LOL 15
21 minutes ago, Quof said:

Damn, Meri, can't you do better than a guy who wears a hat at the dinner table? 

Maybe that was their first date and he was uncomfortable to show his bald head, unsure of whether Meri would laugh, make fun of him, get up and leave, etc. I wonder if he was a blind date set up by Jen and her hubby?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Damn, Meri, can't you do better than a guy who wears a hat at the dinner table? 

After putting up with, and getting insulted by Kootie, for many years, practically any middle-aged guy is an improvement.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

It looks like Meri and Amos were at a diner. It's likely there were more men there in baseball caps than bare-headed. I hate hats on men indoors too, but they really don't stand out in casual settings anymore.

• Like 17

Maybe that was their first date and he was uncomfortable to show his bald head, unsure of whether Meri would laugh, make fun of him, get up and leave, etc. I wonder if he was a blind date set up by Jen and her hubby?

I will take an Amos in a hat at the dinner table over Kody's disgusting rat's nest with those two weird squiggly locks hanging down in front any day of the week. Both of Kody's ex-wives traded up. Now if Kody would shave the mess and fix his entire personality, he might be on par with his replacements.

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
20 hours ago, Quof said:

and considering his looks, what level cousin he is in the Brown fambly tree.  

My happiness for Meri and admiration for her classiness in waiting to announce are both far too intense for a mere member of the viewing public to feel.  LOL.  It makes me want to join whatever she's on to congratulate her personally....almost.  Hope she reads this forum so she knows that we are happy for her.  

• Like 8
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, kimaken said:

he was uncomfortable to show his bald head,

I know, especially when Meri's ex husband is known for his full head of long, golden, luscious curls 😉

• LOL 12

Married and divorced four times you say?! Does this mean that Kotex Noodle Ramen has to vett the four ex wives, yanno, to make sure they're bad women and that Amos is a good man who left four bad wiminfolk?

• LOL 11
53 minutes ago, altopower said:

Maybe he's a "just for now" relationship for Meri. It's nice that they've been seeing each other for a few months but that doesn't mean they're engaged.

Hope she has had lots of therapy. Past performance from her indicates inability to see red flags all over the place.

• Like 12

Yikes. Married 4 times, bankruptcy; are the pickings that slim for Meri?

I can tell you from experience that at Meri's age, dating is an interesting situation. You definitely have to lower the standards you had at 25 years old or so. I guess that's why I'm single like Janelle 😉.

Meri's only child is grown and they won't be having kids, so if Amos is nice, it makes sense for her to give him a chance. Hopefully she doesn't move him in to her house super fast or give him any access to her money though.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
50 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I can tell you from experience that at Meri's age, dating is an interesting situation. You definitely have to lower the standards you had at 25 years old or so. I guess that's why I'm single like Janelle 😉.

Meri's only child is grown and they won't be having kids, so if Amos is nice, it makes sense for her to give him a chance. Hopefully she doesn't move him in to her house super fast or give him any access to her money though.

In theory, I'm with you, but I don't know about this guy. When I started reading the article, I thought, "Oh well all his divorces were a long time ago. Maybe he's gotten massive therapy and grown up in the interim," but his most recent divorce was in 2021.

From InTouch:

Amos’ first marriage was to Tracey Ann Smith Lang, whom he divorced in 1998, according to online records viewed by In Touch. He went on to marry Shannon Marie Martin, though their romance didn’t last long and they divorced in 2000. His third marriage was to Christine Andrews, whom he divorced in 2004. Amos’ fourth marriage was to Jennifer Carol Andrews, whom he married in 2016 and divorced in 2021.

I wonder if the first three marriages could have been polygamous, and if, as one wife left Amos, he married the next one with "dibs" at the legal rights.

For example, let's pretend Meri had legally divorced and left Kody back in 1995, and so he and Janelle made their marriage legal, and then she divorced him 1997, so he legally married Christine, then she divorced him... etc.

I'm kind of crossing my fingers that that's the case. Somehow, if he escaped polygamy (and whatever marriages he racked up while he was in it), that rapid succession of the first three divorces would "count less" to me.

I still see a bazillion red flags, though. I look at that marriage and divorce history, and I see either another love bomber, or (and this is a best case scenario) someone with just piss poor judgment.

Meri, do some more therapy, girl. Don't make any rash decisions. If you do make rash decisions, GET A PRENUP.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

I find it suspect that the only details being mentioned are those that throw a bad light on Meri's new beau. We know nothing else, like where's he from, what does he do for a living, does he have a family, how did they meet, etc. Personally--my opinion only--I wouldn't put it past Kody to demand TLC production to tell him the guy's name, then pass that info on to contacts at InTouch to dig up all the dirt. I think Kody views all his wives as his property, even if he is done with 3 of them, and he can't stand to see his property being happy without him, especially finding love with someone else.

Also, there's no reason to think that Meri's announcement about Amos means they'll soon be getting engaged (didn't Christine and David take 4 months from dating to engagement?), just that he's become more than a casual date. Still, that could change in a few months or so, so if he's the one, I hope Meri will be happy and that Kody will leave them alone.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1