Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Or maybe Meri Brown: I won't be silenced anymore!

Nice. I like that. I'd also love to see something that acknowledges Meri is breaking free:

Meri Brown: Sayonara Bitches*

Meri Brown: I Am a Single Woman

Meri Brown: I Don't Have Sister Wives, Just FYI

*I know the editors did us dirty by the way they teased Meri's "Sayonara Bitches" clip, this season, but it's still a great quote.

Edited to Add:

You know the "rilly big dill" thing, where the Browns say their long "E" sounds like short "I" sounds?

We could invert that and flip the meaning of Meri's opening line in the old show intro: "I believe in living this lifestyle; it just makes each of us better," so that it more accurately reflects current events:

Meri Brown: I Believe in Leaving this Lifestyle; It Just Makes Each of Us Better

Edited by General Days
  • Like 20
  • Love 3
On 12/7/2023 at 1:36 PM, kimaken said:

No doubt a lot of sugar-coating, too. I can't see any of these people telling true, hard, complete facts, especially if the truth includes admitting their own foibles, mistakes, and guilt.

Well, we KNOW old Douchie has NEVER DONE ONE THING WRONG! EVER!

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Meri just posted a picture of herself on IG with a quote about how getting a haircut changes your life.

The comments are divided 50/50 - some are saying, "looks great!"  The other half are like, "can't wait to see it!!"

I think she colored it red and maybe did a little hedge-clipper trimming, but I find it amusing how her sycophants can't figure out if she actually cut her hair or not.

EDIT: wanted to add:

Meri Brown: Shut the **** up, Robyn!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

The low part seems to expose a section the colorist missed.

Not a fan of the messy "just tumbled out of bed" look.  Also, her "I've got a secret" expression irritates me but then, nearly everything she does bugs me. Not that she cares about how I feel though.

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think it's one of two things either the color took a little unevenly or they did high and low lights deliberately. I don't think any sections were completely missed.  The reddish tone is all over.

It must be my screen, it shows a distinct difference of color evenly showing right below the part of her hair.

• Like 5

Not that Meri cares about my opinion, but here's my 2 cents worth-- I think she needs a softer look around the face. Her eyes are striking, but the rest of her features are a little "coarse?" if I'm using the term correctly. The extreme side part does her no favors, either; she should choose an off-center or less severe side part, imo.

The color is nice, but why is the hair so stiff looking? For all the messy look, it doesn't seem to have much movement.

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It must be my screen, it shows a distinct difference of color evenly showing right below the part of her hair.

I see what  you mean. I think it is a ray of light. If you follow it, it goes up to the window edge and her eye shadow glows along the same line. And if you. look closely, there is a shadow of her shoulder on the right side that may be her true shoulder. A filter fail??

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
On 12/14/2023 at 12:12 PM, Adiba said:

Not that Meri cares about my opinion, but here's my 2 cents worth-- I think she needs a softer look around the face. Her eyes are striking, but the rest of her features are a little "coarse?" if I'm using the term correctly. The extreme side part does her no favors, either; she should choose an off-center or less severe side part, imo.

The color is nice, but why is the hair so stiff looking? For all the messy look, it doesn't seem to have much movement.

Well her and kootie had the same hair for so long 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

"Meri Caroline Davenport"? Is that her maiden name?

Davenport is another name for sofa/couch/chesterfield.

Could this be an allusion to Meri sitting on her duff oblivious to her marriage collapsing around her for those many years?

• LOL 11
52 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

What an odd thing to wish for. Misspelled Claus, too.

The consensus on Reddit seems to be that Meri's friend Jen gave it to her/made it for her as a funny gift, which seems like it could be true. It also makes me wonder whether the Davenport is a real name change, or just Jen being silly.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

During our down time I ventured over to Reddit...won't go there much...

Anyway, someone there posted a handout from Meri's Valentine "showing" that had one of the very first or maybe the first female founder with Davenport in her name. It appears to be a family name from way back. It was like her 3rd or 4th name one of those 5 names name. That is probably where Jenn got it. I hope Meri does change her name to that! It would be a knife in Kooties other kidney! LOL!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 5
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1

I'm trying to figure out which recent episode featured this exchange (I think it was one of the look back/talk back sort of specials).

They show Janelle saying something along the lines of that she is separated from Kody, but she doesn't know how to go any further than that. (It might be in whatever episode Janelle expresses frustration about how Christine talks about the Janelle/Kody relationship, but I can't find that, either.)

Then they show Meri (who must have seen a clip of what Janelle said) saying something like, "I can tell her how."

___

I suspect Meri was so bent on getting Kody tell her, on camera, that he did not consider them married any more, so that she could get a spiritual release from their church, and marry again in the AUB, if she so chooses.

Meri said something in the Talk Back Part 2 about needing it documented (i.e. how their marriage ended), but that's not the episode where Janelle indicated that she didn't know what to do beyond declaring them separated.

People on Reddit have speculated that Meri wanted "it documented" for reasons pertaining to the division of the property.

I disagree, because since none of the spiritual marriages (except for Robyn's) were legal marriages when they bought Coyote Pass, the law doesn't care about them (as far as dividing the property goes). The law cares about the terms of the LLC that were then in effect, how much money people put into the family pot, and if people took money out of the family pot in ways that weren't allowable by whatever sort of agreement they had.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
19 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

My opinion is that Meri wanted it documented because Kody is a gaslighting lying SOB.

They all should have been documenting the details of their finances long ago...

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I think part of her wanting it documented, and the fact Robyn was there, was because she wanted Robyn to hear it from Kody. Meri and Kody had a private conversation before this where he made it clear(ER) to Meri.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think part of her wanting it documented, and the fact Robyn was there, was because she wanted Robyn to hear it from Kody. Meri and Kody had a private conversation before this where he made it clear(ER) to Meri.

That seems to be part of Kody's game. Meri mentions conversations that she has with Kody, but they are always when they are alone and off camera. Kody doesn't seem to mind shouting at Janelle on camera or sitting Christine down with all of them so he can shame her on camera but for some reason he wants personal conversations with Meri alone and private. It was good for Robyn to see and hear Kody say those things (tho he tried to keep it all very vague) directly to Meri and for Meri to make sure that Kody couldn't "interpret" what Meri was saying later.

Is Robyn going to wake up and realize that her opinion of the other wives is filtered through Kody's "interpretation" and "creative" twists that he puts on conversations ?

• Like 14
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

AD3680B5-BD48-4CDD-A1A3-5224EE28A5AB.jpeg

101F62D7-17AC-401D-804A-DB8CDB92217E.jpeg

A27319C8-1B41-43F1-8F31-CC370268F2FA.jpeg

I wonder how Meri felt when Crybrows kicked that elderly dog of theirs when visiting the Lehi house, in the first season (or second?)  

I'm glad Meri loves dogs, and I know Christine and Janelle do, too.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

AD3680B5-BD48-4CDD-A1A3-5224EE28A5AB.jpeg

101F62D7-17AC-401D-804A-DB8CDB92217E.jpeg

A27319C8-1B41-43F1-8F31-CC370268F2FA.jpeg

I was just looking at this photo again and Meri looks so happy. You can tell she loves Zona 100%. And I don't think she filtered at all!! I really hope that is a sign she is giving up on the over filtered pix!

Edited by Gramto6
loves not love
  • Like 20

I love that post, but wish for once she hadn't included #WorthyUp because that stupid LLR tag has zilch to do with loving a shelter dog enough to bring her home.

But very happy for Zona, and for Meri. :)

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I love this for Meri. It's 100% the best thing she could have done for her and for Zona. Her place will properly feel like home now cos someone's waiting for her. I bet Zona is going to become a soul dog for her.

• Like 18

Meri said in her birthday post on Instagram that she's been dating the same guy since October.  She says his name is Amos and she posted a photo.  I'll be back in a minute to see if I can post it.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Meri posted some news on her Instagram and Facebook accounts. I think it counts as a spoiler, so I put the links and screenshots in this post in the spoiler thread

If you normally avoid the spoiler thread, and just click on that link, it should take you directly to her news.

(I don't think there are any big spoiler things for the whole series that don't already get discussed pretty much everywhere, but I know some people like to avoid them.)

EDIT:

Oops. @Absolom, I should have refreshed and looked at your post before I posted. 

Edited by General Days
  • Like 7
  • Love 2