Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

In reference to the 6' 6" tall pilot...

Yes, Sam the catfish man was supposedly a tall pilot as well as a multi-millionaire, owned his own plane and routinely flew Lindsey, his sidekick back to Australia for her to renew her citizenship each year (is that even an actual thing!!??)

So he wasn't just an everyday private pilot license holder...but had his international license as well.

🙄

...I have trouble these days remembering what I made for dinner two days ago...but these random bizarre catfish crapfacts seem to stick in my head like glue.

• Like 4
  • LOL 20
19 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I find it suspect that the only details being mentioned are those that throw a bad light on Meri's new beau. We know nothing else, like where's he from, what does he do for a living, does he have a family, how did they meet, etc. Personally--my opinion only--I wouldn't put it past Kody to demand TLC production to tell him the guy's name, then pass that info on to contacts at InTouch to dig up all the dirt. I think Kody views all his wives as his property, even if he is done with 3 of them, and he can't stand to see his property being happy without him, especially finding love with someone else.

Also, there's no reason to think that Meri's announcement about Amos means they'll soon be getting engaged (didn't Christine and David take 4 months from dating to engagement?), just that he's become more than a casual date. Still, that could change in a few months or so, so if he's the one, I hope Meri will be happy and that Kody will leave them alone.

Though I wouldn't put it past Kootie trying this, I seriously doubt TLC would want to get involved in something traceable like that, it would surely leak out. Kootie might try with InTouch, but it would undoubtably track back to him at some point there too. Not that inTouch would probably care, but it would put Kootie in a very bad, vindictive light which would pile on to the dislike already there for him, if outed, he could lose any chance he may have at any TLC show.

Crybrows would probably "talk" him out of it if she found out any plan like this.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

It doesn't have to be TLC that leaks to Kody. Figure 8 Films makes the show and sells it to TLC. So it could be Tim Gibbons or Christopher Poole, or someone like that, and not a Discovery/TLC exec. 

51 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I find it suspect that the only details being mentioned are those that throw a bad light on Meri's new beau. We know nothing else, like where's he from, what does he do for a living, does he have a family, how did they meet, etc. Personally--my opinion only--I wouldn't put it past Kody to demand TLC production to tell him the guy's name, then pass that info on to contacts at InTouch to dig up all the dirt. I think Kody views all his wives as his property, even if he is done with 3 of them, and he can't stand to see his property being happy without him, especially finding love with someone else.

Also, there's no reason to think that Meri's announcement about Amos means they'll soon be getting engaged (didn't Christine and David take 4 months from dating to engagement?), just that he's become more than a casual date. Still, that could change in a few months or so, so if he's the one, I hope Meri will be happy and that Kody will leave them alone.

I'm sure the details on Amos were not leaked for pure reasons.

Still, on the face of it, I wouldn't want to get involved with a four-times divorced guy, and I'd advise a friend or relative to run in the other direction.

And that would probably be bad advice occasionally, but it would be good advice more often than not.

43 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

In reference to the 6' 6" tall pilot...

Yes, Sam the catfish man was supposedly a tall pilot as well as a multi-millionaire, owned his own plane and routinely flew Lindsey, his sidekick back to Australia for her to renew her citizenship each year (is that even an actual thing!!??)

I know voting is compulsory in Australia (but I don't know if that stands for citizens who are outside of the country). I don't know about anything beyond that, though.

Oh my word. I started to Google, and then realized that what I really need is to have my head examined.

It's not like Sam and Lindsay were real. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, General Days said:

I know voting is compulsory in Australia (but I don't know if that stands for citizens who are outside of the country). I don't know about anything beyond that, though.

Oh my word. I started to Google, and then realized that what I really need is to have my head examined.

It's not like Sam and Lindsay were real. 

The saddest part of catfishing in my humble opinion is that we (those outside of the con) want to make as much sense of it as possible, and can see the holes everywhere. Yet those inside the con (even educated and intelligent peoples) seem to accept the most bizarre "facts" as truth.

A handsome man who's new photos don't really look like the profile photo, a mega rich person who pilots planes around the globe, but can't show up at ANY time in the city you live in...ever. A man of such great wealth as to own such a plane, but "he" sends you a bouquet of flowers and it is a low cost basic bouquet of baby's breath and carnations.

Also I have a good friend who is Australian and he didn't know if "returning to keep your natural citizenship" was a thing or not. And he tried to explain their voting system and I couldn't wrap my head around it...except that you MUST show up to vote but that you can refuse TO vote. 🤨

• Like 9

Still, on the face of it, I wouldn't want to get involved with a four-times divorced guy, and I'd advise a friend or relative to run in the other direction.

And that would probably be bad advice occasionally, but it would be good advice more often than not.

I'm just one person, not an entire life lesson, but FWIW, I am my husband's fourth wife. We have been together almost a decade and are very happy in our marriage. So sometimes it does work out, despite the odds.

I say Go Meri! There could be red flags, sure, but he's not Kody and at least for now, she's not marrying him. So have fun. As long as he's good to Zona, that's all that matters!

• Like 15
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm just one person, not an entire life lesson, but FWIW, I am my husband's fourth wife. We have been together almost a decade and are very happy in our marriage. So sometimes it does work out, despite the odds.

I say Go Meri! There could be red flags, sure, but he's not Kody and at least for now, she's not marrying him. So have fun. As long as he's good to Zona, that's all that matters!

Four marriages (and no one passed away) would give me pause, but Meri also comes from a cultural group where people marry YOUNG and pretty quickly. (I assume Amos comes from this same group) 

I wouldn’t judge someone in their 50s for having 4 exs whom they lived with for a year or two and determined it didn’t work out, but I come from a cultural group where most people don’t marry until after age 30 and live together for a while first. So if you’ve had four spouses and you’re not even 60 yet, I would think you rush into relationships quickly. 

Amos is probably a fine human being, just because they are dating doesn’t mean she is letting him move in and giving her checking account information. 

I agree with you that how he treats her, Zona and his kids (I assume he has kids) tells her more about is character than his marital record. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Married and divorced four times you say?! Does this mean that Kotex Noodle Ramen has to vett the four ex wives, yanno, to make sure they're bad women and that Amos is a good man who left four bad wiminfolk?

That never occurred to me!  Good question!

• Like 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I had a family member who married too young and divorced the first time, stayed married until his wife passed the second time, briefly married an ex-nun/then schoolteacher (who'd never been married before) the third time, and she went totally crazy weeks into the marriage (stalked other family members, flipped out on his small grandkids). It was not him. It was her.

He would have been fine to be married to (well, after he grew up — like Meri, he was way too young that first time he married, and was not a good husband back then). I know it can happen. 

I am glad it happened to you. 💟

11 hours ago, Quof said:

Ross Geller voice "Four divorces!!!"

Ross has been on repeat in my head since I read that InTouch thing.

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

Four divorces would definitely give me pause, but I personally waited until 40 to marry--had I married the first person to ask me, I probably would have been divorced myself by now. My mom was a fourth wife, and their marriage lasted 22 years before he moved on to #5 (still together after 15 years, I think). People in my family marry young, divorce young, and if they're lucky, settle after #2. No one bats an eyelash. So while I wouldn't get involved with a guy who's had four divorces, Meri is no stranger to weird (to me) partnership circumstances, so she has a higher tolerance for a varied and colorful relationship past. She's also no stranger to unusual financial circumstances, and a bankruptcy wouldn't faze her. Hasn't she had her own?

And, as has been pointed out, she's dating the guy, not marrying him. She has no young kids around, likely isn't sharing her income with him, the dog likes him, I'm reserving judgment and being happy for her. Just because it's not right for me doesn't mean it's a bad decision for her.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I can tell you from experience that at Meri's age, dating is an interesting situation. You definitely have to lower the standards you had at 25 years old or so. I guess that's why I'm single like Janelle 😉.

Same here, and frankly, it’s more than ok to be single. It’s much better than being with someone for the sake of being with someone (anyone). 

• Like 17
  • Love 4
(edited)
42 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

Sorry for the question but what is this?  Another MLM?

From a very quick google, yes, looks like an MLM. Home parties/online...etc At least it is prettier than lularot!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 10

Thank You General Days for taking the time and trouble to present this for us.  

Sounds like Jenn is just the right kind of friend for Meri. Glad they found each other.

• Like 20
  • Love 1

I have to say I enjoyed this Friday with Friends for a change. Amos seems like a nice guy. He'd have to be, to put up with being on the "giggle girls" show.  Meri seems genuinely happy with him and vice versa. 

It was good to see Meri so natural and laughing a lot. She feels so much lighter in spirit. Amazing what loosing all that dead weight can do for one!

• Like 21

Was delighted to read Meri and Jenn mocked the Dreadful Duo.  I just hope they get a full report on the entire conversation. Vindictive? Yes, why not. 

• Like 16
  • Love 1

I’m sorry,  no I’m not. That interview with Jenn is just cringe. I don’t think anything will make me LIKE Meri, but I do have more sympathy for her after learning how badly Kody treated her.

But that interview with Jenn puts me right back to being perpetually annoyed with Meri. I absolutely hate how those two do the 12 year old giggle fit over inside jokes like they are so desperate to be the coolest 7th graders around. 
Also Meri - your insinuated sex jokes are gross. Nobody wants to know all that.

This guy seems to be as much as a catch as Meri is, so I hope they are actually happy with each other. However, it does appear they she just wants to flaunt a relationship and show she has what Robyn and Christine have. 
Last - this goes for Meri and Christine - kody is a douche. Robyn is a lying, manipulative witch. But you got away from him and her. You say you’re in happy relationships and head over hills. So LET HIM GO. This pettiness of making fun of Robyn and Kody makes it look like you’re not over it. Focus on your new happiness and not throwing jabs at two people who are getting what they deserve - each other’s company. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
32 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

But that interview with Jenn puts me right back to being perpetually annoyed with Meri. I absolutely hate how those two do the 12 year old giggle fit over inside jokes like they are so desperate to be the coolest 7th graders around. 

Yep x 1000.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Like I would pay to get advice from someone who filters the hell out of every photo, hung on to a sham marriage for decades whilst publicly declaring she hoped Curly Top would "try again", and sells ugly crap whilst making money off of her clueless downliners.

Not a single part of that word salad BS on the website applies to Meri.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Orcinus orca said:

Like I would pay to get advice from someone who filters the hell out of every photo, hung on to a sham marriage for decades whilst publicly declaring she hoped Curly Top would "try again", and sells ugly crap whilst making money off of her clueless downliners.

Not a single part of that word salad BS on the website applies to Meri.

But...But...what about that Worthy Up mug?

• Like 1
  • LOL 18

If the stories are true that have come out about how Kody treats and talks about Leon, then Meri gets close to a free pass from me for the rest of her life or until Kody apologizes and fully accepts Leon.

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

If the stories are true that have come out about how Kody treats and talks about Leon, then Meri gets close to a free pass from me for the rest of her life or until Kody apologizes and fully accepts Leon.

Oh that will never happen. Leon always has always come off as smug and entitled, actually has a personality like their mom, but I can’t deny Leon is a Very Brave Soul for not denying who they are and getting away from that family. I also firmly believe a big chunk of kody being so bad to Meri is he and Robyn behind closed doors brooding on how immoral and sinful Leon is, and blaming Meri for things far beyond Leon’s control. You can’t blame Meri for biology or for choices Leon makes as an adult. But you can guarantee Robyn used the whole “protecting the littles” from Leon as another excuse to alienate Meri. 

Meri might have been abused mentally and taken advantage of for decades, but she also has been a selfish, entitled, delusional person for even longer. It’s not cut and dry to me. She’s played a big part in her own trajectory and has been awful to other people while trying to win the game. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 3

I haven’t seen anything that makes Kody’s thoughts toward Leon that are being put out there factual. Do I doubt it’s possible? No. Has he been quoted?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

..."Last - this goes for Meri and Christine - kody is a douche. Robyn is a lying, manipulative witch. But you got away from him and her. You say you’re in happy relationships and head over hills. So LET HIM GO. This pettiness of making fun of Robyn and Kody makes it look like you’re not over it. Focus on your new happiness and not throwing jabs at two people who are getting what they deserve - each other’s company."

There are not enough "applause" emoticons on Primetimer for me to use to show my agreement and appreciation of this statement.

Besides, if I were Meri or Christine I would want to remain aware of the feelings of the new men in each one of their lives. I don't know of many men who want to discuss ad nauseum old exes. Meri wasn't taping for TLC, here, so why bother with Kootie?  Relish and wallow in your newfound beau, Meri, and leave that odious couple to their own devices.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
clarification
  • Like 7
  • Applause 6
5 hours ago, Aspenglow said:

OMG! Grifters gonna grift, I guess. She blocked me a long time ago when I asked why she filtered herself so much. 🤷‍♀️

Blocked also. I have never commented to her directly, possibly "liked" a comment such as you made. She is very prickly.

• Like 9

On 1/20/2024 at 10:22 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

This is exactly why I have only ever been able to make it through about 2 minutes maximum of any FWF.  It just always smacks so hard of "we are having TOO MUCH FUN and all you outside losers can join, but you're never going to understand HOW MUCH FUN we are having!   Don't hate us 'cause you ain't us!"  It comes across as both trying way too hard and being deliberately exclusionary to the few well-meaning but potentially lonely souls who want to be included.  I don't like that.  

And I agree with the  OG3 keeping Kody and Robyn out of their posts and videos.  Between this one and the "beer and Skittles" IG post that came from Christine....just please stop.  How can these men go along with dissing their wife's/girlfriend's ex on a public platform?  Yes, Kody sucks and everyone knows it but I think it's pretty clear that he's a tad unhinged, and he does have young kids at home with him in the mansion.  Taunting him is reckless, IMO. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Yeah for me personally, I would be a huge red flag and turn off if my partner was obsessed with petty revenge on an ex. When an ex is really that bad, and you are ready to move on, minimal polite contact dealing with the kids is about it. None of this petty beer and skittles crap.

• Like 14
28 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Yeah for me personally, I would be a huge red flag and turn off if my partner was obsessed with petty revenge on an ex. When an ex is really that bad, and you are ready to move on, minimal polite contact dealing with the kids is about it. None of this petty beer and skittles crap.

I think the "beer and skittles" crap is simply for ratings (for the show)/viewers or clicks (or whatever it's called) for the podcast. Meri has had plenty of time to badmouth her former sister wives and Kody, yet she really hasn't said much, if anything, about them. She's poked back at Kody and Robyn on HER podcast, but so far (at least as far as I can tell) she hasn't done so in national media. Perhaps if she gets invited to do some of those type of interviews (like Christine and Janelle did), we'll see if she continues the "beer and skittles" crap, or if she'll take the high road, like in her statement last January when she and Kody made their split final and public.

• Like 6
On 1/20/2024 at 10:22 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Also Meri - your insinuated sex jokes are gross. Nobody wants to know all t

Perfect description!  They both act so extremely immature. 

I would like to give Meri credit, even if it's just a coincidence, for waiting until after the Christine wedding episodes aired to announce her new beau, so as not to detract from Christine's happy day. 

• Like 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, kimaken said:

I think the "beer and skittles" crap is simply for ratings (for the show)/viewers or clicks (or whatever it's called) for the podcast. Meri has had plenty of time to badmouth her former sister wives and Kody, yet she really hasn't said much, if anything, about them. She's poked back at Kody and Robyn on HER podcast, but so far (at least as far as I can tell) she hasn't done so in national media. Perhaps if she gets invited to do some of those type of interviews (like Christine and Janelle did), we'll see if she continues the "beer and skittles" crap, or if she'll take the high road, like in her statement last January when she and Kody made their split final and public.

I actually appreciated that Meri said something in the couch episode she did with Jenn (talk back, maybe?) about what she sees with Kody is that he is a man who is struggling and in pain, so she doesn't want to poke him — or something along those lines. I thought there was some actual grace and compassion in that statement given what an abusive fucker he had been to her all those years.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Like 15
  • Useful 2
On 1/20/2024 at 8:22 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Also Meri - your insinuated sex jokes are gross. Nobody wants to know all that. 

I can never get through the podcasts just because of all the stupid giggling and "inside jokes".  For some reason though this one hooked me in. Mostly it was to see what Amos was like. You kind of had to give him props for putting up with the "giggle girls". What I did notice was some of those "inside jokes" referred back to things about Kootie's behavior and things he had done. (Maybe Crybrows too but don't remember them.) Amos may not have picked up on the references but as a long time watcher of the SW $hit show I did catch several of them among all the other nonsense. I think those tiny digs were what kept me watching...but the majority of it was just stupidity and nothing that would make me want to watch the podcast again.

• Like 12
10 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

.(Maybe Crybrows too but don't remember them.)

I wasn't able to watch it but General Days reported that when Amos was about to say something, Meri clapped her hand over his mouth saying...Shh we don't say that.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I wasn't able to watch it but General Days reported that when Amos was about to say something, Meri clapped her hand over his mouth saying...Shh we don't say that.

Ahh Yes! I remember that now. Definitely a reference to CB! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
15 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I actually appreciated that Meri said something in the couch episode she did with Jenn (talk back, maybe?) about what she sees with Kody is that he is a man who is struggling and in pain, so she doesn't want to poke him — or something along those lines. I thought there was some actual grace and compassion in that statement given what an abusive fucker he had been to her all those years.

I recall that too, but apparently once she got herself another man, that grace went out the window.  Same with Christine.

Does Kody deserve to be clapped back on?  Yes he does.  He has said some absolutely awful things about all of the OG3, on national television, for them to discover when they watch it back and for their kids to hear. He sucks.  But he seems pretty volatile and high-strung at times, and he does have young kids at home - a home in which he is now stuck in with his manipulative wife and several demanding kids.  Make no mistake, this moron made his bed with Robyn and abandoned the majority of his family.  But as happy as I am for the OG3 finding love and happiness, they really should think about taking the high road and simply move on, leaving Kody as a distant memory as much as they are able.

And I wonder about the men themselves who are cool with making fun of Kody.  It smacks so hard of middle school drama, it's cringe.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

I just wonder how much percentage-wise of their time is spent on the clap-backs.  An occasional podcast or live isn't much if the rest of their time is spent just living & enjoying life.  I guess some people think what's posted is a glimpse into how the exes live day-to-day while I see it more as a targeted message to "fans" (for lack of a better word) that follow the show and think Kody deserves a little comeuppance.

I dislike the giggling, double entendre and inside jokes, but am ok with the occasional Kody & Robyn snark they feed their audience. 

• Like 18

I'm okay with occasional snark, too. They're seeing all the nasty shit Kody & Robyn said and did at the same time we are, which I would imagine could re-open old wounds. It's funny how you think you've really worked through something and then something comes along months or even years later and brings back those old feelings. Forgiveness and healing is a process, not a specific moment in time.

• Like 22
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I just wonder how much percentage-wise of their time is spent on the clap-backs.  An occasional podcast or live isn't much if the rest of their time is spent just living & enjoying life.  I guess some people think what's posted is a glimpse into how the exes live day-to-day while I see it more as a targeted message to "fans" (for lack of a better word) that follow the show and think Kody deserves a little comeuppance.

I dislike the giggling, double entendre and inside jokes, but am ok with the occasional Kody & Robyn snark they feed their audience. 

Fully agree. I think a lot of the clapbacks are producer driven and strongly suggested. If everyone just "made nice" there would be no content for the show.

• Like 14