Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Wait, WHUT? Saint PATRICK'S Day??  What happened to VALENTINE'S Day?  She totally missed the opportunity to make heart shaped RICE KRISPIE TREATS!  For $50 bucks!!

She has a beau now...probably spending V-day with him lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is Meri's family Irish?  I don't know nor do I care, but you can't just keep re-decorating the same dusty B&B and give another tour based on whatever holiday you're decorating for.

Wonder what the "pot o' gold" is that she's hinting at....probably some free, only slightly used LuLaNo leggings adorned with demonic leprechauns or something.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 15
16 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is Meri's family Irish? 

I think I saw an interview where Meri said her mom's side of the family was Irish (Lizzie who originally owned the inn).

I'm not one to shell out $50 for a tour but I must say that Meri at least is constantly scrambling to find ways to keep making money. She still has the B&B (hasn't gone bankrupt or closed its doors permanently) so I gather she makes some money from that business despite it not being in a high traffic tourist area. 

• Like 11
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Is Meri's family Irish?  I don't know nor do I care, but you can't just keep re-decorating the same dusty B&B and give another tour based on whatever holiday you're decorating for.

Wonder what the "pot o' gold" is that she's hinting at....probably some free, only slightly used LuLaNo leggings adorned with demonic leprechauns or something.

Meri lost me with this tour.  Ghost tour?  Yes please!  A St. Patricks tour?  Is there green beer?  All I know is I would not traipse to Parawon for this.  Nor would I stop there should I wish to celebrate the holiday.  I saw demonic leprechauns noted above.  That might reel me in but not if they are on leggings.  HA!

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

The first owner was a Davenport who married an Adams; both names sound English, not Irish.  It was common for eldest sons to inherit everything and younger siblings moved off to Scotland and Ireland before emigrating to North America.  But the Irish have a reputation for enjoying holidays, so St. Paddy's Day it is. I guess Meri figured out that her fans don't have $3,000-6,000 for retreats with Meri, but may be able to scrounge up $50

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Denize said:

The first owner was a Davenport who married an Adams; both names sound English, not Irish. 

Davenport is an Irish name through England and Adams is Scottish and English.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
19 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Here's a link to the interview Meri gave regarding her Irish roots. Whether it's true or she's just making it up, I can't say

I don't believe a word ANY of them say.  It's all about the PR. Sometimes they can't remember one lie before telling a conflicting one.  Wasn't she the one who came up with the "multiple doors for multiple wives" BS about the inn?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

I don't believe a word ANY of them say.  It's all about the PR. Sometimes they can't remember one lie before telling a conflicting one.  Wasn't she the one who came up with the "multiple doors for multiple wives" BS about the inn?

She didn't even know that branch of the family did not live the polygamous lifestyle.

So much for the inn having a special meaning for her when she didn't know something as basic as that.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

My memory says that the owner of the Inn said that to Meri when she was giving a tour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, kimaken said:

Here's a link to the interview Meri gave regarding her Irish roots. Whether it's true or she's just making it up, I can't say: https://tvshowsace.com/2019/03/18/sister-wives-meri-brown-shares-her-irish-ancestry-on-st-patricks-day/

Maybe 1/16th Irish 🤣

My Grandmother was really into genealogy and traced her mother and father's lines back to Ireland and England to the 1500's. She made many trips to both countries to search church record books and graveyards. She traveled all over and met quite a few of our distant relatives and amassed a lot of family stories as remembered by living relatives. The Irish keep a lot of their history alive orally, or at least back then they did.

• Like 7
53 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

My memory says that the owner of the Inn said that to Meri when she was giving a tour.

It would not surprise me at all to find that Meri was not aware of the existence of the home.  I have a fiillin that the owner found out about the connection and approached Meri.

She dressed up the story the same way she dressed up the walls of the Inn, scrambling thru the discontinued bins at the wallpaper store.

Gullible Meri bought the story hook, line and sinker.  Her first catfish experience.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, kimaken said:

Here's a link to the interview Meri gave regarding her Irish roots. Whether it's true or she's just making it up, I can't say: https://tvshowsace.com/2019/03/18/sister-wives-meri-brown-shares-her-irish-ancestry-on-st-patricks-day/

1/16th Irish ... and the original "Irish" guy (Charles Adams) left at 3 months old, not long enough to embrace Irish kulchure.  When is Meri going to celebrate the other 15/16ths of her roots?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
49 minutes ago, Denize said:

When is Meri going to celebrate the other 15/16ths of her roots?

Since none of those have associated holidays she can use to make a few bucks, my money is on none of them.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

She didn't even know that branch of the family did not live the polygamous lifestyle.

So much for the inn having a special meaning for her when she didn't know something as basic as that.

Why would Meri know personal details about other branches of the family, especially since the inn/that branch of the family is located in Utah and Meri grew up in California? I grew up in Indiana, then Minnesota -- I was in High School before I learned that 3 of my dad's siblings (2 in California; 1 in Ohio) were Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, kimaken said:

Why would Meri know personal details about other branches of the family, especially since the inn/that branch of the family is located in Utah and Meri grew up in California? I grew up in Indiana, then Minnesota -- I was in High School before I learned that 3 of my dad's siblings (2 in California; 1 in Ohio) were Jehovah's Witnesses.

I was born in the 1930's before the days of television. Evenings were spent actually talking with one another.

Over time, stories would come up about my parent's childhoods as well as my grandparents and great grandparents. When I was old enough to travel on my own, I made it a point to visit the overseas towns they grew up in and absorb as much family history and lore as possible.

Must be a generational thing.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I was born in the 1930's before the days of television. Evenings were spent actually talking with one another.

Over time, stories would come up about my parent's childhoods as well as my grandparents and great grandparents. When I was old enough to travel on my own, I made it a point to visit the overseas towns they grew up in and absorb as much family history and lore as possible.

I loved hearing stories of people's lives.  I wish I had gotten more info before they all died.  

• Like 11
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I loved hearing stories of people's lives.  I wish I had gotten more info before they all died.  

Thankfully, some my kids and grandkids are interested in keeping genealogy records for future generations.

There are still gaps that I regret not asking about. For instance, how did my maternal grandparents navigate the trip from Scotland to Alaska in 1909 with 3 toddlers?

The Panama canal had not yet been cut and the North Sea route would not be possible. They must have sailed to the east coast of North America and taken trains from that point on.

Edited by Sandy W
Typos
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Me as well.  Especially,  I wish that I'd asked my mother and my sister things I've thought about since.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

There are still gaps that I regret not asking about. For instance, how did my maternal grandparents navigate the trip from Scotland to Alaska in 1909 with 3 toddlers?

With 3 toddlers, most likely by Canadian Pacific Railroad to Vancover (transcontinental RR completed in 1885, before the US, & Sir Sanford Fleming invented time zones to keep train schedules straight), then by ship to Alaska. My great grandfather took the alternate route (without kids), by train to Calgary, then overland to the Klondike where he found some gold. I have his horse bridle, made of leather, with a silver bit and porcupine quill design.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 2/16/2024 at 11:02 AM, Sandy W said:

My dad also born in the 30's, said they listened to the radio often in the winter as it was too cold to be outside at after dark.  I remember a great aunt who never missed her soaps on TV.  Little did I know at the time that one of them began as a radio show.

• Like 8

This is the first time in her life Meri has dated.   She will learn that you can spend time with one man, or several men, for brief periods and then move on if you wish.  Amos was simply sorbet.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Amos was simply sorbet.

Since Meri ended up being Kootie's spiritual wife when she finally left him, I hope Amos at least was able to help her get properly divorced.

• Like 4
  • LOL 17
14 hours ago, Quof said:

This is the first time in her life Meri has dated.   She will learn that you can spend time with one man, or several men, for brief periods and then move on if you wish.  Amos was simply sorbet.

Amuse bouche

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Sweetpea12 said:

Since Meri ended up being Kootie's spiritual wife when she finally left him, I hope Amos at least was able to help her get properly divorced.

Yes, the worst thing to have hanging over your head would be worrying about being forced to spend eternity on Kody & Robyn's planet. Hopefully now Meri can enjoy the rest of her life.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 11
35 minutes ago, Denize said:

Yes, the worst thing to have hanging over your head would be worrying about being forced to spend eternity on Kody & Robyn's planet. Hopefully now Meri can enjoy the rest of her life.

The only way she would be welcome on their planet is if there was a market for LLRags among the celestial entities. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

The only way she would be welcome on their planet is if there was a market for LLRags among the celestial entities. 

And K&R would get a hefty cut of each sale.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Some baggy floral rags that haven't sold on Earth might find a home on K&R's planet.

• LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Denize said:

Some baggy floral rags that haven't sold on Earth might find a home on K&R's planet.

I had always envisioned them floating around the celestial planet in diaphanous white robes.  But Meri has always thought of herself as "edgy" so...

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 6
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4916CD3D-94A5-458E-ACDA-F78A94F1A2E4.jpeg

52BFBD9E-EAE8-42F2-BB5A-E89948672EA6.jpeg

ACE33462-3699-4CA3-9219-30D830CDB28C.jpeg

1A05A25E-9142-40F3-86A1-4E5016328100.jpeg

In other words, Amos had no ambition to build an empire and may have been content to ride Meri's coattails.

Does anyone know what he did to earn a living?

• Like 7
On 2/25/2024 at 9:28 AM, Teri313 said:

Note to the Next Guy: When you break up, she will overshare on SM. Ad nauseam

As a recent convert to Taylor Swift and her songs (I'm old) at least Meri won't be writing a song about them. Could be worse. 😁

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
On 2/25/2024 at 10:28 AM, Teri313 said:

Note to the Next Guy: When you break up, she will overshare on SM. Ad nauseam.

Right? That was a whole bunch of words to just say "we weren't feeling it" my goodness!

• Like 12
  • LOL 7
On 2/24/2024 at 12:40 PM, Sandy W said:

Never underestimate people's needs to get rich quick...Kody & Robyn would gladly welcome Meri on their planet if it means Robyn can keep her celestial shopping sprees for all eternity 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

I got the impression from Meri’s Friday show that Amos was scared away by outside forces. So it looks like, once again, these plural ladies get discarded and abandoned and then call it “leaving”. I just reread 50 Years of Polygamy and I’m seeing a pattern here. Man dumps woman, lets her hang out in that, then she says “leaving” was her choice, not the only option left. Maybe I’m jaded.  But this seems more common than a woman actually waking up and saying, “None of this passes the smell test. Im leaving before I waste even more years in this mess”. IMHO

• Like 10
On 2/25/2024 at 9:10 AM, Sandy W said:

In other words, Amos had no ambition to build an empire and may have been content to ride Meri's coattails.

Does anyone know what he did to earn a living?

Yall know I’m not a MERI fan at all, but it looks like she actually did something sensible instead of proving she can get married ASAP and jumping into a big ol mess. Glad she realized this ain’t what she wants and was able to pursue what she does want. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3