Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

It wasn't just the wet bar she stamped feet over.  Remember the scene over french doors vs sliders.

In the end, she did pay for the overages from her own pocket after Kody approached Christine and asked her to kick in her excess budgeted amount.

• Like 12
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It wasn't just the wet bar she stamped feet over.  Remember the scene over french doors vs sliders.

In the end, she did pay for the overages from her own pocket after Kody approached Christine and asked her to kick in her excess budgeted amount.

Of course, Crybrows spent all of her allowance, so Kootie couldn't ask her to help her bestie Meri.  As if he would, anyway.  Basement wife Christine, and go-along-to-get-along Janelle, got the short sticks, always.

Why any woman with any sense of self-worth would put up with this polygamy bullshit, is beyond me!  

• Like 21
On 11/13/2023 at 5:13 PM, Elizzikra said:

Didn’t she, the sister wife with the smallest family, end up going over budget and having to dip into someone else’s money?

I think this is one of the instances in Kody's mind when he ranted about how Robyn always got the SCRAPS!!!

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

I think this is one of the instances in Kody's mind when he ranted about how Robyn always got the SCRAPS!!!

I didn’t like they style of any of their homes but they were so far from scraps. Those were newly built, nice homes. What a tone-deaf moron!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:
On 10/26/2023 at 10:47 AM, applewood said:

This has probably been mentioned before but Meri's hair just bugs me. She needs a whole new style.

She looks like a hedgehog.

Yes, Yes she does. I was noticing in some of the many, many flashback clips we've seen these past few weeks how much better the hair looked when the part wasn't so extreme and the cut was softer. Maybe she thinks she's edgy. But I agree, "hedgehog" really does fit better.

• Like 11
16 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Sadly, there are.  She has legions of sycopants praising her beauty.  Ugh.

And she's naturally a pretty person with striking eyes. She looks her age, unlike these pictures but she is pretty and she doesn't need to go crazy with the filters.

• Like 7
17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I want Meri to help me with my photos for my dating app. Lol

Yeah, Meri seems to know her stuff when it comes to filters.  That would work great for me until the guy had to meet me in person. 🙂

• Like 4
  • LOL 13

When Meri says "my voice will be heard" or "my story will be heard" or whatever she's saying, I suspect she is working with a ghost writer to write an autobiography. And if she is, more power to her IF she spills ALL the fuckin' tea about Douchie and Sobbyn. They don't deserve her loyalty anymore at all. And IF Douchie dares to approach publishers about writing his own book, I hope they all ice him out and he has to work grunt jobs to put food on the table for his grifting wive and her  failure to launch kids.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I suspected a book was in the works when she cryptically posted this. We'll see!

I "rilly" hope so! She was #1 thus there from the very beginning. She knows what has/had been going on for a long time. Probably not as much with Kodouch & Crybrows (they are pretty sneaky), but still knows enough.  As long as she is totally truthful, that is a book I would read!! Maybe even buy!! 

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 19
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

As long as she is totally truthful, that is a book I would read!!

Those idiots don't know the meaning of the word "truth".  For thirty years Meri has been spinning the story to suit the show.  She will never be truthful about the catfishing episode.  They can't even keep track of their lies, they change the story to fit the current events from episode to episode.

Pass on anything any of them say (or write) for me.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Those idiots don't know the meaning of the word "truth".  For thirty years Meri has been spinning the story to suit the show.  She will never be truthful about the catfishing episode.  They can't even keep track of their lies, they change the story to fit the current events from episode to episode.

Pass on anything any of them say (or write) for me.

That is true, but the Pollyanna in me hopes someone will crack and let the real story out at some point...and Meri would have the most to dish.  Especially when/if she is no longer beholden to TLC to maintain the "myth" to keep the show going.

But who really knows with these bozos?

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I don’t think anyone could write a book in this family that would be the whole “truth”, because who would be able to evaluate it as such? As far as the kids, the range in ages would have a different truth, imo.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t think anyone could write a book in this family that would be the whole “truth”, because who would be able to evaluate it as such? As far as the kids, the range in ages would have a different truth, imo.

Every one of the kids will have seen things through different lens, based on age and circumstances, I believe. Look at Christine who saw her polygamist family situation with rose colored glasses while her brothers remember it as awful.

The most telling thing will be what Meri writes about the catfishing.  If she clings to the victim story we can discount everything else.  There is art to show that she was fully involved with "Sam" so trying to deny it will be the tipping point on truth vs. lies.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

To me Meri should tell the truth about the catfishing.  No she was not a victim as she willingly participated and she would have left Kody if Sam were real.  But there is a reason that Meri tuned to the internet to find someone who would be attracted to her and love her. I firmly believe that Kody talked her into the divorce and she felt that she had no recourse but to go along with this. When she discovered that Robyn replaced her it crushed her.  Kody is as much to blame for this as Meri is. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

But there is a reason that Meri tuned to the internet to find someone who would be attracted to her and love her.

I totally agree.  My point is, if Meri writes about the catfishing incident as the victim of a prank then we will not be able to believe a single word of the whole piece.  

If there is a book and if I was tempted to read it I would look at her spin on that mess first.  If she comes clean, I might be inclined to believe other stories.  But if not, no way I'd waste any time on another pack of BS.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

I could do without rehashing the catfish situation except for Meri to say she felt lonely and emotionally abandoned by Kody and  therefore got seduced by the attention given to her. 
I’d  rather hear about how the legal divorce affected her and how it actually came about, why they really moved to Flagstaff, what $$ was used to buy the McMansion, who contributed $$ for Coyote Pass, etc. 

• Like 21
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

I could do without rehashing the catfish situation except for Meri to say she felt lonely and emotionally abandoned by Kody and  therefore got seduced by the attention given to her. 
I’d  rather hear about how the legal divorce affected her and how it actually came about, why they really moved to Flagstaff, what $$ was used to buy the McMansion, who contributed $$ for Coyote Pass, etc. 

I would like to know all those things too, but I'd be very surprised if any of them get asked or answered.  

• Like 8
On 11/26/2023 at 10:26 AM, 65mickey said:

To me Meri should tell the truth about the catfishing.  No she was not a victim as she willingly participated and she would have left Kody if Sam were real.  But there is a reason that Meri tuned to the internet to find someone who would be attracted to her and love her. I firmly believe that Kody talked her into the divorce and she felt that she had no recourse but to go along with this.

The divorce happened in 2014 so Kody and Robyn could marry (supposedly so Kody could adopt the 3 kids Robyn had with her first husband). The catfishing scandal happened the following year in 2015. I think the divorce and Kody's neglect were the incentives for Meri to look for something, or someone, else. She wasn't selling LulaRoe yet, either -- so she didn't even have a job to help fill her days. It'd be nice if Meri is writing a book if she'd tell more about the catfishing scandal, not just the same old TLC spin on the story.

• Like 10
On 11/26/2023 at 11:24 AM, MMEButterfly said:

I don't even care about the cat fishing. I know enough. I want Meri to dish on Kodi and Robyn. 

And spill on the whole Janelle divorcing Meri's brother to marry Kody thing.  I demand answers on this!

If Meri did write a book, I would definitely ask my library to buy it and then go pick it up under cover of darkness like I did with Becoming Sister Wives. :)

11 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

Lake Michigan! *calls WI border patrol to BOLO*

My thought was - what part of my lake were you on, Meri?

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, kimaken said:

The divorce happened in 2014 so Kody and Robyn could marry (supposedly so Kody could adopt the 3 kids Robyn had with her first husband). The catfishing scandal happened the following year in 2015. I think the divorce and Kody's neglect were the incentives for Meri to look for something, or someone, else. She wasn't selling LulaRoe yet, either -- so she didn't even have a job to help fill her days. It'd be nice if Meri is writing a book if she'd tell more about the catfishing scandal, not just the same old TLC spin on the story.

Back then Meri was the primary seller for their MLM the LIV water. Her and Kody used to tweet open invites to her house for recruitment parties.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4
12 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Back then Meri was the primary seller for their MLM the LIV water. Her and Kody used to tweet open invites to her house for recruitment parties.

The catfish showed up to one of those parties (before luring in Meri), took photos of the interior of Meri's Vegas house, then later, used those photos to make Meri believe that she (the catfish) had cameras hidden inside of the house. It was just so cruel.

I know Meri spewed a lot of b.s. in our direction over the catfish/emotional affair, but I do actually believe the catfish terrorized Meri, as things started going south.

I am one of the (few?) people who think that by the time the catfish episodes aired on TLC, Meri had come clean with the family. And I think the family already knew what was going on, because of Robyn's friend/employee/minion, Kendra, who seems to have helped the catfish at points.

I think the family decided, together, that Meri should spew a lot of b.s. at the cameras, because Kody's ego couldn't take the world knowing that although he'd stopped sleeping with and loving a wife, and legally divorced her prior to all this, she might need to seek comfort elsewhere.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

The catfish showed up to one of those parties (before luring in Meri), took photos of the interior of Meri's Vegas house, then later, used those photos to make Meri believe that she (the catfish) had cameras hidden inside of the house. It was just so cruel.

I know Meri spewed a lot of b.s. in our direction over the catfish/emotional affair, but I do actually believe the catfish terrorized Meri, as things started going south.

I am one of the (few?) people who think that by the time the catfish episodes aired on TLC, Meri had come clean with the family. And I think the family already knew what was going on, because of Robyn's friend/employee/minion, Kendra, who seems to have helped the catfish at points.

I think the family decided, together, that Meri should spew a lot of b.s. at the cameras, because Kody's ego couldn't take the world knowing that although he'd stopped sleeping with and loving a wife, and legally divorced her prior to all this, she might need to seek comfort elsewhere.

Yea. There is so many layers to the whole catfish time. It's hard to wrap your head around that in real time it was only about 6 months until Meri figured it out...but wow...what a 6 months that was. In the end it was only the beginning of such a rushing shit show river.

I have often wondered if Meri's "punishment" back then was to be forced to keep talking and talking about it on camera.

• Like 8
  • Useful 5

I was listening to one of the Sisterwives podcasts and they said there are pictures of Meri with a bald headed man taken In Lehi and that Meri is very close and sort of wrapped around him.

Anyone know the scoop?

• Like 5

I read somewhere? that the man is her sister's husband.  Nathan?  The one that Kootie drove around with in one of this season's episodes, that had a wife leave him. 

These men that collect wives as trophies, UGH!  They deserve to be left in the dust.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1