Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

(edited)

Wow...that "Joolry" is bad! I'd rather spend $100 on Robyn's tacky and overpriced stuff than this crap if I was forced to choose. It almost makes Robyn's joolry look good. She at least used real silver and not cheap metal looking like the real thing.

The Laguna necklace is one of the worst items I could find: a messy color mix of beads strung together to form a necklace for no less than $160!! My 7-year-old can do better than that! Maybe I should start selling those for half the money...🤔 

Edited by LilyD
added the bit on the Laguna necklace
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Wow. Cheap, overpriced jewellery to match the cheaply made, overpriced clothes.

No thanks. I’ll continue to hit the thrift shops for high-quality finds (jewellery included). You can find real gold being sold for that price. 

I love the Goodwill and ReStores.

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I love the Goodwill and ReStores.

In my area, Vinnies (St. Vincent de Paul) is the go-to place for books and trinkets and treasures. Much better value than Goodwill.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Yes but @LilyD do you have a huge following who will buy whatever cheap stuff you are pushing?    Regular people won’t make a penny on this stuff.   

You just burst my bubble…..oh well, back to the drawing board then!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Will Meri be featured in the new season?  

And, what name will they use for the show now? No sisters, right?  

Or should I say no wives?  Lol. Just one wife now.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, gingerella said:

I loathe these pyramid scheme bullshit businesses BUT, anyone who buys from them deserves what they get. That said, I bet it burns Douche's ass that he can no longer steal from his three OG wives and use their work money for Sobbyn's fantasy life. And honestly, I'm here for that shit!

Same. I don’t care for Meri nor do I care for pyramid schemes, but she’s out there hustling people who are gullible enough to buy from her. I’m totally here for it watching Kody get frustrated (and probably move — again — somewhere with a cheaper cost of living). 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Will Meri be featured in the new season?  

And, what name will they use for the show now? No sisters, right?  

Kody and ex sister wives

Kody minus 3 wives

Robyn: last wife standing by her man

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I had to check to see the date this show premiered.  It was 2010. It seems like the show has been around over 15 years, but it hasn’t. 

It becomes confusing because I think there were at least 2 years when they presented two seasons in one year.

• Like 8
On 5/31/2023 at 3:09 PM, gingerella said:

I loathe these pyramid scheme bullshit businesses BUT, anyone who buys from them deserves what they get.

I agree.  MLM's are garbage but some of the onus is on the buyer.  It takes one google search to find out everything you need to know about whichever bs company they're selling stuff for.  And if you're putting things in your body based off something a D list celeb says, that isn't FDA approved, and doing zero research yourself, that's on you.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Kody and ex sister wives

Kody minus 3 wives

Robyn: last wife standing by her man

While I don't wish to see a show heavily featuring Kody and Robyn, it would be kind of funny/sad/poetic if they renamed the show "Kody and Robyn minus 15" (16-Mykelti =15 lol)

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

While I don't wish to see a show heavily featuring Kody and Robyn, it would be kind of funny/sad/poetic if they renamed the show "Kody and Robyn minus 15" (16-Mykelti =15 lol)

Ha! They ckuld call it The Browns Counting Down. Cut it to a 30 min show. I just made myself lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Ha! They ckuld call it The Browns Counting Down. Cut it to a 30 min show. I just made myself lol. 

Don't give TLC any ideas. With the way they do recaps and repeat scenes, they'd only have to do about 10 mins of new content in a 30 minute show.  Maybe less since commercials. (Come to think of it, I bet they'll do something very similar, since there really is no drama. They'll just show the knife to kidney scene over and over. "Preeeviously on the show previously about Sister Wives..."

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Don't give TLC any ideas. With the way they do recaps and repeat scenes, they'd only have to do about 10 mins of new content in a 30 minute show.  Maybe less since commercials. (Come to think of it, I bet they'll do something very similar, since there really is no drama. They'll just show the knife to kidney scene over and over. "Preeeviously on the show previously about Sister Wives..."

Hey, even better.  Have family members impersonate other family members in their on screen moments.  So, Christine impersonates Kody in the “knife in the kidneys” scene. (She probably has it down pat by now.) Janelle impersonates Robyn as she sits in the lounge chair and pretends to cry. They could film themselves and thus no production costs! Lol At least it would be funny and not so dark.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

Maybe, a new game show.  They re-enact a scene and the contestant guesses who said it…..call it Name That Brown!  Lol. I’m full of ideas.  And, I work for reasonable fees. Ha!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hey, even better.  Have family members impersonate other family members in their on screen moments.  So, Christine impersonates Kody in the “knife in the kidneys” scene. (She probably has it down pat by now.) Janelle impersonates Robyn as she sits in the lounge chair and pretends to cry. They could film themselves and thus no production costs! Lol At least it would be funny and not so dark.  

I’d be there for this. 

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

In my rewatch I’m on the Meri wanting to buy the B&B…. First thought : Jenelle told her to embrace the ghost for marketing !!!  2. The inside of that place needs some work.  3. I wonder how mykelti and Leon look so much alike since Leon looks just like 1 of Mer ber’s sisters ?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
58 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Pretty sure Kody doesn’t care. He saw this and likely thought, “It’s about time! She finally figured it out!” (Meri comments on “outgrowing” people who had a chance to grow “with” you): 

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2023/06/meri-brown-hey-sometimes-you-just-outgrow-people-yes-im-looking-at-you-kody/

Meri's ability to interpret verbal clues is arrested at about a 5 year old level.  Coupled with his treatment of her over the prior decade,as well as rejecting her pathetic attempts at physical contact,his toast "here's to new beginnings" should only have been interpreted as individual, independent new beginnings.

Her ego would not permit reality to enter her mind. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/12/2023 at 3:38 PM, Orcinus orca said:

In the immortal words of Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do With It

Or maybe, other new  titles for the show could be, 

🎼Mama He’s Crazy, or

🎼Crazy Train 🚂, or

🎼Another One Bites The Dust! Lol.        Meri and Kody make this so easy!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

On one hand I think Meri was in love with Kody and was heart broken when he fell in love with Robyn. 

On the other hand she’s had YEARS to get over it. Years. If she’s still distraught that’s her own fault. 

• Like 16
(edited)
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

On one hand I think Meri was in love with Kody and was heart broken when he fell in love with Robyn. 

On the other hand she’s had YEARS to get over it. Years. If she’s still distraught that’s her own fault. 

This. It had to be painful for her to see him take to Robyn so completely and pretty much forget Meri existed. But, she hung onto this delusion that she could somehow lure him back.

Thing is, we all know that Kody and Meri were having problems before Robyn came into the picture — and then Meri invited the devil into the den thinking it would be a bandaid for her marriage.

I genuinely hope she’s changing and has a new, better outlook on her life. We’ll see on the show if her social media persona matches up with her actual personality (and I think “show Meri” is the real Meri, especially when angry). 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect ffs.
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Meri bugs me but as a human being but I want her to find someone, whether M or F, to curl her toes.  I have a feeling Kody is the type of lover that makes you review your shopping list in the midst.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 14
11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Meri bugs me but as a human being but I want her to find someone, whether M or F, to curl her toes.  I have a feeling Kody is the type of lover that makes you review your shopping list in the midst.  

Well, Meri always was very organized....

She seems to enjoy her "bff Jenn" and her friend Blair, so there's that. Plus I bet she sees a lot of her sister and nephews (one young nephew was on an episode during the pandemic phase that saw Leon and Audrey at the bnb. She has a big family outside of the TV one. Who knows if she's on good terms with them, but at least those relationships were not filmed. 

• Like 9

I’m wondering if the Brown’s divided their TLC money by how much screen time each cast member received instead of by 5. Or maybe Kody just received more time because he used to be the focus of the show. 
So I don’t think Meri wants to be Kody’s real wife again, she would just like to be a pretEND wife like the others. Playing that role may ensure her place on the show isn’t jeopardized, especially if Kody and Robyn were at one time calling all the shots and holding expulsion over the “wives” heads.  Or maybe that role of pretend wife just affords more leverage for $, more screen time for exposure, or even more honor with fans.  Christine (and Janelle) were probably threatened in some way with being cut as far as screen time and $ and they decided eventually to fight back, discovering that they had all the support they needed. 
I said all this to say I don’t believe Meri  cheated on Kody all those years ago. I think she was a free woman - scamming viewers that she was still a wife - and that any attention she wants from Kody is purely business. I think her whining about it on the show is an attempt to shame him into getting her. Not that I blame her, but…

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Originally they said they split the show money six ways.  Each wife and Kody got an equal share with another share going to a family pot for things like college or unexpected expenses.  We saw that going by the wayside as kids seemed to have to put themselves through college and none of the kids' emergent medical issues were seemingly covered by family funds.  I think by a couple of years ago Kody and Robyn were taking the family share for themselves along with their other two shares.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

If this was taken on Gwen's wedding day, then Meri hit a low point, again.  Never take in a fresh view up on the high road, eh Meri?

Tacky, tacky, tacky, Meri.  THAT is all.

It was taken on Gwen's wedding day. Bad caption. Though Gwen reposted it so maybe there was some inside understanding there. 

And as much as we don't appreciate these two - the transphobic comments on Meri's instagram page  under the photo are absolutely atrocious.

So I guess I can see this post as a defense really - and not an actual comment about Gwen's wedding as "less than the best part of the day"

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

It was taken on Gwen's wedding day. Bad caption. Though Gwen reposted it so maybe there was some inside understanding there. 

And as much as we don't appreciate these two - the transphobic comments on Meri's instagram page  under the photo are absolutely atrocious.

So I guess I can see this post as a defense really - and not an actual comment about Gwen's wedding as "less than the best part of the day"

That is awful that Meri is getting those kinds of comments.  It's beyond hateful.  I enjoy snark as much as anyone, but that's not snark, it's hate.

• Like 17
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I enjoy snark as much as anyone, but that's not snark, it's hate.

Unfortunately, the anonymity of social media has made it "normal" to drop all civility.  it's horrifying to know that there are that many hateful, evil people out there.  The hate was always there but now it's out in the open for all to see.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
(edited)

What an awful caption. 

I am sure that seeing Leon is always a major highlight for Meri but this was Leon's sister's wedding for Pete's sake. 

One thing about Meri - she's never been mistaken for having any class.

Edited by BnJJ
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I can appreciate the your point, but I stand by my comments.  She's a jerk.

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I can appreciate your point, but I stand by my comments.  She's a jerk.

Sorry for the double-post, attempted to correct a grammar error.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

That’s just classic Meri. She is so self centered and has zero shame in expressing that her own self, child and needs are more bigger and better than anyone else. This was not an appropriate comment for another child’s wedding. If they were truly all each others moms and kids, and one big family, you do not choose favorites and blatantly announce the favoritism. Meri pulls this crap then wonders why she is isolated and why they’re all over even attempting to be friendly with her.

It’s great to live your child and be happy to see them. It’s also extremely poor taste, yet confirming., not even revealing, how Meri STILL thinks she’s more important and deserves more than her other family members. I don’t know how janelle and Christine didn’t punch her in the face during those years of Meri eating salmon and going on vacation while they struggled to have cereal and hot dogs. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1