Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

My friend’s $400,000 (10 years ago) house in Denver just sold for $1.28 million. I can’t imagine what rentals cost!

Very high.  My friends are driving to Denver today/tomorrow to pack up their daughter and then drive back home.  Daughter is an hourly worker and cannot find an apartment she can afford to rent on her salary.  Not sure what one could rent without a job.

• Like 11
30 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Very high.  My friends are driving to Denver today/tomorrow to pack up their daughter and then drive back home.  Daughter is an hourly worker and cannot find an apartment she can afford to rent on her salary.  Not sure what one could rent without a job.

Not to mention with 3 dogs!

• Love 12
4 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

I didn't say it would be acceptable did I?. I said I could just about see why they may ask. Because they're important life-saving things that some of the public may be inclined to help with because no-one likes to see people homeless, starving or suffering.

So my point was I could understand asking for necessities, not that I would agree with it. But asking for money for coffee and eating out is beyond the pale.

Asking for “necessities” in an expensive city will be a 24/7 job. They should probably consider not living there, but they won’t because they act privileged and like they’re owed something.  

• Applause 3
  • Love 10
On 6/25/2022 at 5:47 AM, CalicoKitty said:

A dream castle obviously....

• Like 4
On 6/25/2022 at 12:52 AM, CherryBelly said:

So my point was I could understand asking for necessities

I have to respectfully disagree.  Anyone with an education (and thus the ability to work) and a background of privilege (with family to bail them out) has absolutely no right begging for money to support them in any way, shape, or form.  It's disgusting.

• Like 3
  • Applause 15
  • Love 6

There is no shortage of jobs for graphic designers.  In the current environment Audrey can work a job anywhere in the US--a significant percentage of roles are virtual.  And there are also creative staffing agencies.

We have a hard time finding competent, trained designers.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2

Here's my take on the great coffee grab.  I don't think they were actually needy enough to beg people to pay for their coffee and croissants, it seemed to me that they were seeking community support in their new venture.

A very poorly thought out ploy to prove to themselves that folks were rallying behind them.  From what I understand, they took the post down fairly soon, they must have had a lot of backlash.

I liken the incident to when Kristie Alley prevailed upon Oprah to have Nate Berkus design and provide her with a new kitchen.  When questioned what motivated this outrageous grab, Kristie responded that yes, she could have paid for her own kitchen, but she wanted to prove to herself that Oprah liked her enough to to do this for her.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 9
39 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

A very poorly thought out ploy to prove to themselves that folks were rallying behind them.  From what I understand, they took the post down fairly soon, they must have had a lot of backlash.

For (supposedly) college educated women, they are curiously clueless.

Good on their followers to call them out on that crap.  Well, except for the ones who fawn over them and probably did send money.

• Like 3
  • Love 14
(edited)
21 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

Again...I'm not saying it would be okay! I don't, at all. I'm saying I could understand why they might try it. Because it's really, really common that their generation does that. They do gofundmes and ask for donations for rent, surgeries, moving costs, vet fees, all sorts of stuff. And get donations. So I could see why they would try that because it works.

Fair point about this generation doing this kind of thing. Great observation. Not too long ago, people would use gofundme and other initiatives for urgent or very important causes like uncovered medical help or help victims of war or natural disasters for example. Now we have people asking others to fund their weddings, days out or even holidays... Why??? What makes someone think they have the right to ask for money for such things? Is it because they really believe they're entitled to it? 

And those two are perfect examples of some of the less wonderful traits of this generation. Another is not working too much, in case one gets tired or doesn't have enough time to do nothing. Where I live, it's actually a trend amongst newly graduated to not want to work fulltime because they worked so hard to complete the degree and need the time off..... A shocking and worrying trend if you ask me. At this age, it's time to really start building your life and provide for yourself (and your dogs, that's not my task either)

Edited by LilyD
you should be they
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

Mariah came out as trans. They want to be addressed as Leo/Leon in the future. 

ETA Sorry I couldn't get the order of the pictures straight.

IMG-20220628-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220628-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220628-WA0002.jpg

Edited by Elodia
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, CherryBelly said:

I'm with you. I remember when some woman did a gofundme to take her kids to Disneyland and it hit the news and I just couldn't believe it!

I also agree with you about graduates "needing" time off before they start in the world of work. Especially for Mariah and Audrey. They seemed like those kind of students who pulled an all nighter or two on occasion but most of the time dragged themselves out of bed at midday to meet their friends for brunch and talk about how hard their course is.

I don’t understand “needing” time off except maybe to relocate for a job. I suppose each person is different and has different comfort levels, but overall I disagree that time off is somehow a necessity.

I did work through college and worked in my area of study (the university archaeology lab), so when I graduated and lost my student job, it was difficult. I was looking for fieldwork jobs before graduation.

I hate gofundme accounts for anything other than emergencies like medical or a tragedy (like a fire or terrible accident). Today’s “give me money!” attitude is disgusting to me.

ETA: When the lab didn’t pay enough, I did work as a pole dancer on weekends also 🤣). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I hate gofundme accounts for anything other than emergencies like medical or a tragedy (like a fire or terrible accident). Today’s “give me money!” attitude is disgusting to me. 

The same people that sneer at a homeless person begging on a corner will set up a gofundme for some frivolous reason.  Get a clue, you greedy jerks, the world doesn't owe you anything.

5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t understand “needing” time off except maybe to relocate for a job. I suppose each person is different and has different comfort levels, but overall I disagree that time off is somehow a necessity.

They whine about how hard college was.  You don't know hard until you hit the ground running after graduation and then work full time for the next 45 years.  Looking back, college was a breeze.  I would have killed for that easy life after my third 12-hour shift in a row in the ER. 

As for Leon (no offense to Leons but really?) "I grew up in a context that was incredibly gendered and restrictive..."  Looking at you, Kootie, and your cockamamie "religion".  Bet he loves reading that.

• Love 15

I do now wonder if Meri had enough of the entitlement twins and strongly encouraged them to go get their own money.  I gather that they lived in Salt Lake City, but who knows if Meri was still supporting them in some fashion.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, CherryBelly said:

I can't see Meri *not* supporting them in whatever way Leon wants, financially included.

I don't like Meri but Leon's attitude towards their Mother was always shitty imo. The only person I ever saw calling them out on their crap was Kody. 

Meri would be too terrified of Leon's wrath and exclusion to not do what they want. Which is amusing since they're so similar in personality. Meri getting a little taste of her own medicine.

I really do hope Leon is happier in their own skin now but they're not a particularly nice person. And it's not just how they were as a teen, they were like it on screen during covid too. Eye rolling, stomping, huffy and totally unwilling to empathise or accept that other people may have different views to them. And that that doesn't make that person *wrong*.

Leon's still the same personality as the one that refused to go to public school with the gentile peasants and HAD to go to the most expensive college in Utah. Now it's anyone not as progressively liberal as them that they won't grace with their presence.

I can't imagine a worse social worker so hopefully they'll find some other line of work.

Point taken.  😊 

However, just like how Meri has gotten a little more "real" with Kootie over the past couple of seasons with her sarcastic remarks about their non-relationship, maybe she's coming to the same conclusion regarding her horrible daughter.  I'll have a little more respect for her if and when she does.  

• Applause 3
  • Love 7

I think true social work is beyond them.  They'd have to relate to someone else as a human being and that isn't a skill set they possess.  They're good at self-centered, demanding, and attention seeking. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 13

Not surprised at the choice of Leo/Leon as a name.  First, it's their astrological birth sign, second, lions possess a magnificent mane of hair and last but not least, they roar the loudest.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, CherryBelly said:

Someone on Leon's IG left a really gushy post so I had a nose at their profile and 2 days ago they posted from what looks like some kinda meditation retreat in Portugal with Leon.

Which makes Audreys recent grifting attempt seem even more outrageous, if it's possible.

I wondered where Leo found a Moorish doorway to pose in front of in Denver.  The recent photos posted must have been taken while on the retreat.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Not surprised at the choice of Leo/Leon as a name.  First, it's their astrological birth sign, second, lions possess a magnificent mane of hair and last but not least, they roar the loudest.

IIRC, Leo's original middle name was Lian.  I always wondered how that was pronounced?

Lie-Ann?  Like Diane with an L?

At least Leo is easier to say!  

• Like 4
(edited)

I am not sure what I think of this but I think I am pretty much over the whole Brown family.  

5 hours ago, deirdra said:

Why is Leon still using the mariahbrwn IG handle? 

Because no one will find him under his new name.  I wonder how he will react when his dead name is used or he gets misgendered.   I have a trans cousin, and I still sometimes mess up the pronouns especially when we are discussing childhood memories.  Did they ever get married?   I am still appalled over the request for donations.  I think I just don’t like them very much.  

editing to add:  just saw an article about Leon and saw their pronouns are they/ them which I find awkward for an individual especially since I also use they /them for them as a couple.  I think instead of pronouns I will just use Leon’s name. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 7
(edited)
43 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I don't see it on her IG now - ?

Nope, me either.

ETA: It’s in her stories. Click her profile pic to see them.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Like 2
(edited)

Ya'll I don't think Audrey was actually asking for money. They were having fun with the pride month meme trend which is really an anti-capitalist jab. There is a whole backstory about "rainbow capitalism" whereas during pride month everyone tries to sell you something with a rainbow on it. In early June there was a big opinion piece in The NY Times about the trend launching a whole slew of LGBTQ+ individuals somewhat jokingly "partnering" with things like Taco Bell to cut out the capitalist issue and just wanting free Baja's for life as a local queer rep.  It inspired all these memes and caught on like wildfire. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

I see the self-absorption continues...and to new levels.  I am positive that social work with others is no longer an interest.

ETA:  Who is going to pay for all of this?

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 13

I applaud the former Mariah for figuring out they are in this crazy world. So I haven't checked yet, but I assume since they asked all to call them  Leo or Leon, all their social media accounts reflect this. Off to check.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Ya'll I don't think Audrey was actually asking for money.

I supposed it's possible but.....no way I believe that.  These are the Queens of the Con.  Reference the simultaneous sudden onset of mental illness (which coincidentally began the exact day they were flying home for Christmas) necessitating Emotional Support Dogs to fly with them for free thus avoiding bording kennel fees.

Dollars to donuts, mommy is funding their little sojourn to some exotic place to "meditate".  Because you can don't that anywhere in the US.

Grifters gotta grift.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

I don’t quite understand all of the Leo post are they transitioning to a man or they/them means they are both male and female or they’re not either male or female? I’m sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m just trying to understand.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

And what are we supposed to do about the fact we are living on stolen land? I mean we can't give it back and I think almost anywhere you go you are living on land that was taken from someone. I am not saying the way the first nation people were treated was correct, it was horrible, but I can not go back in time and change that.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

There is a whole backstory about "rainbow capitalism" whereas during pride month everyone tries to sell you something with a rainbow on it.

Like BK selling burgers with either two top buns or two bottom buns? Postmates offering a "bottoms" menu, with digestive-friendly food? Yeah, this happened.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 1