Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E04: What's The Beef?

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

If I knew they didn't edit this ahead of time, I would have thought the editors were listening and that's why we got more footage of Bayon/Ta'Keo tonight.  I'm anxious to just get to the merge, because it's been kind of dull and dragging so far.  I hope another tribe loses next week so we get something different.

I think Ta'Keo and Bayon let Angkor win the RC.  Whatever the case, I'm glad Angkor got one.  They needed that, and I was hoping it would spill over into the IC.  Abi needs to relax.  She can't be offended at getting votes or having people in her alliance talking to the very people who voted for her.  Sometimes it is damage control to try and make those people feel safe so they don't go wandering.  I think she should have gone tonight.  So incredibly sad it was Jeff.  Did not want his second chance to end this way.  I would have bet money it was going to be Woo.  Varner provided a much more convincing argument as to why he needed to stay.  I don't know if Woo will stay loyal to Tasha and Savage but he's really worthless in this game, so he'll be somebody's anchor in an alliance until he isn't needed anymore.  I'd like to know if Abi really has that much power in the vote.

So Ta'Keo won the IC again (and the co-winner in the RC).  Meh.  Another Escemeca with more ladies.  So boring.  I thought that maybe since we were getting more tribe dynamics that maybe one of the other tribes would actually lose.  Too much to wish for I guess.  I knew when I saw it was a puzzle that Angkor was losing.  Was really hoping we'd get something different.  I do think they are setting up a Bayon loss down the road with what we saw, and maybe setting something up with Kass.  Monica got another confessional, and I have a feeling she's getting blindsided.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 8

As much as I dislike Savage, I couldn't help but cry when he won the reward challenge, I'm such a sucker. It is just so unfair that Angkor has nothing and for them to win a one person challenge that was completely physical on no food and sleep against the physically best of the other tribes is just amazing. Now why didn't we get to see them enjoy that feast? The food had no benefit on the IC though. I'm almost wondering if Bayon and Takeo threw the RC in sympathy.

LMAO @ Chaos Kass's self help book. Looks like this season is trying to make her and Spencer more relatable by relaying their "efforts" to be less socially inept. I'm not buying what they're selling.

I like the tree Mail hut.

Well, Varner had it coming. But it was good to see them both fight till the end. I'll miss his snark.

• Love 11

Funny - a shot of the rat just before Tasha spoke to Woo about Varner, flashback to last week. Ugh, Abi. Poor monkey drops his banana. Jeremy's playing smart right now. I don't think anyone let Angkor win, Savage just did it better. Starving probably helped him because he had less energy for jumping hard on the plank and avoided overshooting the net.

Oh oh, a spider caught a bug in its web. I wonder who that's supposed to symbolize--Kass? Yes, and Kelley's the bug? It's nice to see more of the other tribes.

What if Jeff P said "Tribe Angkor" and someone said, "What?" Hello baby monkey! I hope Jeff isn't voted out. I like watching him play. Savage looks pretty beat. He looks like he might say, "Please vote me out so I can eat."  Abi just loves her power.

Aww, Jeff! I wish they'd voted Abi out. Maybe they will now that Jeff is gone.

• Love 3

Kimmi, Ciera? Are you there?

I think it's interesting that Probst called both Terry and Andrew by their last names but only Jeremy by his first name during the reward challenge.

I liked Tasha's "Not Probst" vote for Jeff.

• Love 6

Well, my only reason for watching is gone, and there's nobody else I like.  I can't watch while Woo & Abi try to out-stupid each other.  And I hate Tasha with an irrational and blinding rage.  Everybody left sucks.  Idiots. 

See y'all next season!

• Love 15

OMG Abi will never STFU, she has to forever confront somebody. Sorry, but if I was stuck with her, I would be kicked off the show from punching her dead in her damn face.

Woo should have done the reward challenge, I would have nominated Woo. I think he's faster and possibly can time it faster than Savage. Jeremy could have put more hustle since he heard Probst say that Savage got the win and he could get 2nd place.

Damn shame Joe is doing the IC basically all on his own for his tribe. He continues to be Superman.

Spencer really should be flying under the radar instead of going around trying to make Wiggelsworth look untrustworthy. 

Savage is so annoying. I can't take him. Everytime he loses he gets all mopey and shit.

Woo escaped that vote and I think he's a value when it comes to challenges but when it comes to social game and manipulating, Woo isn't that type of guy. So I think that saved him in the end because he doesn't have much of a good social game. Varner really, calling someone a bitch before leaving, good riddance. I mean Abi is one but it shows he's a user. He can't ride Abi to the end like he thought.

Abi really needs to get voted out, so sick of her.

Loved Tasha's vote Jeff (Not Probst) and they all voted for Jeff. Good.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 15

I kinda feel bad I was laughing at everyone getting hurt during the immunity challenge and Keith saying ' ah cain't hear'. I thought Cass was going to scream a lung out.

I loved Jeff calling Abi a little bitch. But I hate that Abi is the decision maker on her tribe. They are physically a weak tribe, Woo is the only young athletic guy in the whole bunch. If they keep it three tribes with no merge for awhile and the immunity challenges stay very physical there won't be anyone left from Angkor .

• Love 12

Jeff dominated the first four episodes. Now I wonder which of them is going to become the new narrator of the season.

We've already seen the cracks in the Tasha and Abi alliance. I wonder if Abi will ultimately sink her like she has all her other closest allies.

• Love 10

That's what you get for playing so hard Varner. His desire to try and GOAT his way to the end via Abi backfired hard and I hope it comes back and bites Tasha and Savage as well. Tasha is sitting there clearly annoyed by Abi, admits that Abi is unpredictable which is dangerous and yet never considers going to Woo and her, Savage and Woo voting out Abi. And now it looks like we will never get rid of that obnoxious asshat. 

"Well you weren't loyal to me Woo..." Um, I'm sorry, did I miss when Woo and Abi were tightly aligned? Because I'm pretty sure they never were. Sometimes they were on the same side of the numbers but I never got the impression they were strongly aligned and loyal to each so Abi needs to shut the hell up and take several seats. The woman is so self-absorbed and obnoxious and I hate everyone that kept her around and allowed her to even be in this position. 

That said, I will be SHOCKED if an original Ta-Keo wins this thing. All four eliminations so far has been from that original tribe and these people are idiots. I am watching this play out after the challenge and again am baffled as to how, a group that had four members to the others two, allowed them to just swoop in and dominate and turn things on them.

Varner and Woo are fighting to stay over the other but at no point did I see either consider convincing Abi that voting another original Ta-Keo could be horrible for them come merge and that they need to get rid of Tasha or Savage. I have to think that was attempted and it just didn't work so they didn't bother to show it because otherwise these people are idiots. 

Finally, how hot was it during that challenge? Because holy cow, Angkor just crashed and seemed to have nothing. Also, how did Bayon solve that thing so quickly?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 14

Almost seemed like Probst was trying to talk them into voting out Woo, because Varner is fun TV.

Didn't work though, dammit. The season just lost a decent percentage of entertainment value.

Ooo, Jeremy with the JT burn. I bet that hurt Fishbach to watch.

I want to like Jeremy, but he always seems a little harsh. Some people don't tease well. Maybe his playfulness doesn't translate through the screen.

And yes to any and all women alliances. Stay strong and smart, ladies!

Also, damn, Joe is the real thing. He's like a walking Coke commercial.

• Love 13

Does anyone know if medics checked over Angkor between the IC and TC?  They were looking so awful at IC (to a point where it really wasn't entertaining - I was worried for all of them), but they were much better at TC.  

Abi's been annoying me all season, but darned if I didn't find her kind of adorable today - especially when she quietly added "Twice" to Jeff's reminder that Woo voted for her (yes, Abi, we all know he voted for her twice), and again when she said "You're welcome" with that Miss Piggy magnaminity.  I'm sure it'll pass and I'll find her annoying again next week, but this week she wasn't so bad.  

I like Joe and I liked the way he took it upon himself to collect puzzle pieces without waiting for a screaming voice to help him along.  Hope it doesn't make me part of an army of mouth-breathers (or whatever the term was that someone used a couple of weeks ago).  And I don't mind blindfold puzzles, but I wish teams didn't always pick the most shrieky, irritating voices to do the yelling.  A nice bass or baritone would be better. 

• Love 4

http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Andrew_Savage

Now that's the Andrew that I voted for first.  I remember so well his win in the challenge in Pearl Islands for Morgan as 180 pounds were draped across his shoulders as he moaned " Morgan...Morgan.."

The same work ethic tonight as he muttered "Almost there..almost there"  as he almost collapsed while winning the reward challenge.  I just love Andrew.  And also Tasha.  Agree with the decision to vote off Jeff, although I thought the silver-tongued devil had persuaded fickle, vain Abi by telling her how loyal he was to Her Highness.

Others: Joe is A Beast, but will be the #1 target after the merge.

Monica is a sneaky little sneak.  Which is good! I love her plan to keep the womens'numbers up by voting off the boys.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 8

LMAO @ Chaos Kass's self help book. Looks like this season is trying to make her and Spencer more relatable by relaying their "efforts" to be less socially inept. I'm not buying what they're selling.

Charles Manson also read Dale Carnegie's book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and was able to convince people to follow him.

• Love 6

I thought it was interesting that Terry and Andrew were picked from their tribes to do the RC.  Because at the cast reveal they were sitting together and Jeff made the comparison of how similar they were and that they might cancel each other out or that one would get selected and the other wouldn't.  And here they were going head to head in that challenge tonight.  That was either more brutal of a challenge than it looked, or these tribes are really feeling the drain already.  Joe probably would have just sprinted on top of the water.  I love my manbun, and kudos to him during that IC.  I don't know if Kass was the best caller for that.  But he is not doing himself any favors.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

I don't understand why Tasha and her stupid flower were not an option.

I loved that cute spider so much!

Well now I know where they got the green pepper in LAST WEEK'S secret scene. Good job, show.

I don't like having to root for Terry.

It makes me uncomfortable to watch deception so Jeremy leading Stephen on made me squicky.

Jeff's vote out for Woo was nice and classy.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2

I'm not sure why Savage is even putting up with Abi. He's such a macho guy I thought he would side with Varner, Woo & Tasha. It's weird tha Abi wasn't even a thought to vote out. Granted, Varner was injured he has some strength.....I think. I'm guessing Tasha, Savage or Spencer will be the new narrators of 2nd Chances.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
Now that's the Andrew that I voted for first.  I remember so well his win in the challenge in Palua for Morgan as 180 pounds were draped across his shoulders as he moaned " Morgan...Morgan.."

I thought it was quite interesting that in his talking head he said he had never been sure he'd carried his weight in his original season, because this was the scene I immediately flashed on too as he won this one.  I also remember it well, as it was the only time I liked Andrew at all in his first showing!

• Love 5

I was actually shocked it was Varner because I didn't think Abi was amenable to changing her mind or shaking out of her perpetual victimhood status.  She did make me laugh with her "Make sure you don't vote Abi."

Jeff's signal calling plus injury was too much to overcome I guess. I thought he did make a stronger case than Woo, who I will always see as a dolt.  I wouldn't count on him staying loyal to them post merge either.

Continue to love Tasha and this is the most I have ever liked Savage. A little humility looks good on him.  He deserved that reward win even if the other tribes threw it, Which I kinda doubt.  They want food as well..  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 6

I'm not surprised Savage would stick with someone like Abi over Jeff. He seemed to take an immediate dislike to Jeff, and Savage is someone who sticks with his first impression no matter what happens down the road. He's the guy who dragged Osten almost to the merge, despite the fact that Osten started talking about quitting on day 4. He saw a buff guy, so it didn't matter that Osten was actually physically and mentally weak.

Savage wasn't screwed by the Outcast twist any more than anyone else in Pearl Islands. He actually screwed himself earlier in the game. They were given an opportunity to mutiny, and he told the Drake tribe that if any of them came to his tribe, they'd immediately be voted out. That scared the Drakes who were on the bottom from switching. He would have gotten a numbers advantage if he hadn't been such a moron. He's always denied it ever happened, despite the fact that multiple other players have contradicted him, including his own friends. He's just incapable of admitting that he made mistakes in the game.

Edited by Skeeter22
  • Love 13

I don't think Andrew disliked Jeff.  I think he saw Jeff as a threat.  Putting myself in his head, FWIW, he may have thought that the younger new-school tribe members would only tolerate one older guy from an old school tribe.  And he determined to be that person.

• Love 4

I don't think Andrew disliked Jeff.  I think he saw Jeff as a threat.

Jeff's antics on the beach  in the previous IC would only reinforce that.  So I would agree.

I think it's interesting that the editing suggests Tasha is leading Savage a little in the decision-making.

And I loved Tasha's "Jeffrey (Not Probst)" vote. 

• Love 4

Someone needs to give the editors more to do -- that ridiculous "three green bean bags all fall in slow-motion as we cut to the challenge" shot was like something out of Fun with Final Cut Pro. That reminded me of one of those ill-advised late night decision shots like we see all the time when they have to edit commercials on The Apprentice. What seems like a great idea at 4AM nearly always looks amateurish onscreen.

• Love 1

As much as I dislike calling out "unfair," on a show like Survivor, I really don't think it's fair that the Angkor tribe has no food. Yes, they won the feast, but after 4 days of starvation, a bunch of meat is just a drop in the bucket..they are starved for carbs, and that's why they have no energy. I don't remember ever seeing a tribe in such poor shape during a challenge. They just looked at that pile of blocks and completely shut down.

Oh God..if Abi said "twice,"one more time, I was going to reach through the television screen and throttle her! I am sorry to see Varner go. if we are stuck watching this tribe every episode, he, at least, was entertaining. 

Fishbach and Spencer, the robot boy, are on the same team..that's how they got the puzzle done so fast. Brains. 

Chaos Kass has turned over a new leaf..that's fun to watch. I wish we got more time with the other tribes, besides lowly, starving, Angkor. 

• Love 22

Yes, the meat was filling in the short term, but they would have eliminated it fast.  Something like whole grains would have been better.

I'll believe #ChaosKass has turned over a new leaf when I see it. I think she is messin' with us.  The good news is that Wentworth is on to her and wants her out first.  I totally agree.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 3

Was this Angkor tribe idea one of those "sounds great on paper, what could go wrong with it" or were they hoping maybe some of the stronger castaways that might be doing a little better without food (like Joe) wound up on there.  I really don't get the logic of why making a tribe start  completely over with everything after they had already been out there a few days was a good idea.

• Love 15

Well, we're down one insufferable old-school male. Progress, right? I can't really describe why Jeff rubbed me the wrong way, but he just did. Not as bad as Abi-Maria, though . . . hate that she's going to be ridden to Day 39. And she wound up stabbing Jeff in the back. Hate her.

Blindfold challenge is always fun due to the wealth of injuries that can happen. And the blind wandering.

Aside from a few peeks, I don't think there's a story to be told outside of Angkor. Most of the people in the game are practically invisible. Is Keith not spitting during interviews anymore?

• Love 5

Loved Kass this week. Yes, I just typed that. She learned from her original game. Loved that she made Kelley a birthday gift. Loved that Kelley thought Kass was scheming and that Kass knew that is what Kelley was thinking. The bracelet was a nice gift and they all got a laugh out of it. Kass's line about not being a jewlery maker was a nice shot at Joe as well. Maybe it is because her tribe is doing well or maybe it is because Kass figured out she can't win as chaos mistress or maybe Kass figured she has social skills and she is going to use them or maybe Kass really hated her last edit. Whatever it is, I like it.

Spencer claims to have learned the same lessons but he is no where near as smooth as Kass. Or he is desperate after the first six days and worried since he is in the minority so he is playing harder.

Loved seeing a bit of Monica and hearing her thoughts on Spencer.

Jeremy is playing the idol beautifully. He is using the idea of the idol to build a relationship with Stephen while keeping the real idol a secret. Perfect.

Spencer, Shirin and Abi need to look at Jeremy and Kass and learn the value of playing a more mellow game.

I believe everyone knows my opinion of Abi and Woo. Just leave already

• Love 9

As I have said, not at all sure that Kass has learned her lesson.  Based upon her previous appearance, I do not yet believe her. We shall see. I would love to see her go far in the game as a clone of me--older woman, lawyer.

Edited by susannot

Perfect outcome for that vote! Varner was grasping at straws trying to talk about what will happen after a merge with Woo. The team is never even going to have a shot to get to the merge if they don't keep strong players upping their chances to finally win immunity. It was truly the only outcome that made any sense.

Also I realized during the vote that  it didn't make any sense as to why was Abi's vote so important. Woo wasn't going to vote for himself and Tasha and Savage are too smart to keep a weak competitor around.

On a shallow note Tasha sure is easy on the eyes. She's my favorite so I am glad to see her continue to help run the flailing tribe she wound up on.

I could not stop laughing when they rolled the puzzle piece right onto Spencer's leg/ foot. Call me cruel but it was hysterical.

In other news...I do not understand why Keith was even in the running to be brought back....he was a big ZERO in his season memorable only for vulgarly spitting all over the damn island. At the challenge he was seemingly useless. I can't believe some of the picks that got passed over in favor of bringing him back!

Minimal Fishbach is always a good thing but Ciera with the invisible edit isn't. And of course Joe has to be Superman and pretty much win the first part of the challenge by himself.

I hope Angkor can bounce back next week and be spared Tribal council!

• Love 10

And, Ciera sat out another challenge. She's the new Abi Marie from the Philippines. We saw a little more of Monica so maybe Ciera will be next. You can tell that Savage loves being "the man" but I thought it was odd that all 3 tribes used their oldest guys. No Joe! No Woo! and No Spencer (might be stretching it)! It's almost like Probst and Production decided to change the title from the Hero Challenge to the Old Geezer Challenge. LOL!! As, an old geezer myself (I'm almost 51) I'm allowed to say that. LOL!!!!!

• Love 13

I'm going to start using "Sure, no hard feelings but how do think that made me feel?" in my own arguments. That was like a little nugget of gold from Abi. If you're trying to totally confound someone, use phrases like that. It's a certain kind of mad genius that I'm enjoying because you just never know what Abi will say/do depending on what direction the wind blows her emotional flags.

Also Varner was the only vote to make because if you vote out Woo and they MediVac Varner out in the morning you are a tribe of three that is allllll kinds of screwed.

And I'd be really pissed at the game for making the third tribe the official Tribe of the Damned with no food or shelter, that was just terribly unfair imho and if I was on that tribe I'd be might pissed off even with a sausage or two in my belly.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 21

Ciera may be sick, as she's not looked well at all, so that might be why she's sitting out challenges.

Did anyone else see the look on Jeremy's face as he decided to be the one to do the challenge....and that "Oh gosh, I'll have to leave my shorts here, will they find my idol? Will it fall out when I change?" It crossed my mind as well.

• Love 3

Does anyone know what Abi does for a profession? I just can't imagine her keeping a job with as confrontational as she is.

Love how Jeff (probst :) said "Dietz! Big and long!" During the challenge. Brought back fond memories of him harping on ozzy's coconuts!

Woo is a huge challenge monster? Refresh my memory. That doesn't sound familiar!

• Love 5

Ciera may be sick, as she's not looked well at all, so that might be why she's sitting out challenges.

Did anyone else see the look on Jeremy's face as he decided to be the one to do the challenge....and that "Oh gosh, I'll have to leave my shorts here, will they find my idol? Will it fall out when I change?" It crossed my mind as well.

Ciera weighs about seventy pounds. I think she always looks that way - puny and weak.

I don't think Jeremy would travel to challenges with his idol, would he? After running around in his wet underwear, I respect the guy for not strutting around half-naked like a lot of those meat heads. He briefly took my breath away.

• Love 4

I guarantee Joe could see during that IC. No way he could run straight to the puzzle pieces and back to the pile and drop them in the right spot with no directions while blindfolded.

I've never seen a team that exhausted during a challenge, to the point they just collapse and can't continue.

• Love 12

Does anyone know what Abi does for a profession? I just can't imagine her keeping a job with as confrontational as she is.

Love how Jeff (probst :) said "Dietz! Big and long!" During the challenge. Brought back fond memories of him harping on ozzy's coconuts!

Woo is a huge challenge monster? Refresh my memory. That doesn't sound familiar!

Abi appears to be a successful entrepreneur. See her thread.

I remember Woo winning an endurance water challenge, in part because he had those clever water shoes with individual toes. Did he win much else?

• Love 1

I guarantee Joe could see during that IC. No way he could run straight to the puzzle pieces and back to the pile and drop them in the right spot with no directions while blindfolded.

I agree, I have several of the Survivor buffs. You can see through the fabric if you have just one layer of fabric in front of your eyes, not all layered over.

• Love 3