Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E04: What's The Beef?

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I'm surprised they didn't stop the IC to check Joe's "blindfold", unless of course they didn't mind his Tribe getting Immunity.

And "how Kass got into and made it through law school" continues to be a Mystery of Life.  You finally read Dale Carnegie?  For all the chance you have of winning this show, you might as well hit Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" while you're at it.

I can see the long-term wisdom in voting Varner out at this point.  But, boy oh boy, these folks are really risking some serious blowback by keeping Abi in the game.  

"No hard feelings, but you piss me off!!!!!!!"

• Love 5

I'm enjoying this season, although I do not like the idea of a tribe being put in the position Angkor is in.  I have to say, the nature photography this season is breathtaking!  Kudos to those cameramen who catch the monkeys, spiders, cats, etc., and film them so beautifully. 

• Love 14

I went back and watched that IC.  Probst usually gets on my nerves during his constant play by play, but he had some good one liners during this IC.  Especially when he said that this challenge would kick your butt and then we see a montage of everyone tripping over pieces and running into each other.

• Love 1

That's what you get for playing so hard Varner. His desire to try and GOAT his way to the end via Abi backfired hard and I hope it comes back and bites Tasha and Savage as well. Tasha is sitting there clearly annoyed by Abi, admits that Abi is unpredictable which is dangerous and yet never considers going to Woo and her, Savage and Woo voting out Abi. And now it looks like we will never get rid of that obnoxious asshat. 

I don't think for a minute that Tasha intends to have a "to the end" alliance with Abi. Abi is someone who has simply helped Tasha and Andrew go from sure losers to running their tribe. What other options did they have, after all? Trust Varner, who has already made it clear that he is still trying to maintain alliances on the other tribe with his little act last week?

I, for one, am thrilled to see Tasha taking charge, and I think she's done a hell of a job with it. Not only did she and Andrew turn things around, but she has managed Abi very skillfully. No, she didn't need Abi's vote tonight. She had Woo and Andrew. Still, she let Abi have a major say so Abi feels like a part of things. Like she said, she didn't want Abi pissed after the vote, so she had to let her feel that she had power in making the decision. 

As for Jeff, I find it hilarious to see him go. He played much too hard. He thought he was more clever than he actually was. He didn't have anything to offer the tribe except evidence that he would betray them as soon as he could join his old alliance and evidence that he would saddle them with an injured, middle-aged dude who'd do nothing to help in challenges.

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 16

Varner's "winner edit" reminded me a lot of Josh's "winner edit" from the SJD season. Of course, Josh made the jury right before Keith whereas Varner didn't even make the merge. I remember thinking that surely Josh was going to win because he was so heavly narrating the season from the beginning. Once again, I was fooled by the edit. So, with Natalie winning SJD it's so obvious to me that Cirea is winning Second Chances. LOL!!!!

• Love 4

So first off, everything Azshadowwalker said.

Now that baseball season is over (at least for this Astros fan), I can finally focus on Survivor. So far, after a slow start, I'm liking it.

I liked Varner, but I like Tasha more, so I'm glad she won that battle. Love how she got what she wanted, without Abi going rogue and trying to get her out because she dared to talk to Woo, and didn't immediately let Abi get what Abi wanted. Tasha knew she had to placate Abi as much as possible, because Abi only cares about who is against Abi in Abi's mind, and there simply isn't logic there.

I wish this season wasn't so much about Abi, because as much as I dislike her, I also find her antics boring. I prefer legitimate strategy over tantrums and neuroticism.

I did feel so, so bad for stupid Savage after the IC (never could stand him, but still). It's some straight up bullshit to saddle a tribe with this much baggage for no reason than they drew the wrong color. I don't find it enjoyable. Especially since I really know nothing about the other two tribes. Spencer is in trouble? A couple of people have idols? Kass is nice? There's about eight other people there doing and saying nothing? I need more.

But I'm all in on Tasha. So that's fun.

• Love 10

So incredibly tired of Abi. She is upset that Woo isn't looking at her as a person and isn't considering what she brings to the table? That has to be one of the most delusional statements ever on Survivor. She brings absolutely NOTHING to the table except for misery. I truly don't understand why Tasha said that Abi had all the power. Tasha and Andrew could have easily gotten Woo to vote Abi out with them. But she was fixated on Jeff.

I was so annoyed with Keith and his "I can't hear" at the challenge. He appeared fairly close to Kass. Maybe if he cleaned out his ears it would help. Also if he trouble with hearing, surely there was a way to tie the blindfold and leave his ears uncovered.

• Love 9
Does anyone know if medics checked over Angkor between the IC and TC?

Varner's foot was wrapped in gauze so it looks like at least he got some attention.

I really don't get the logic of why making a tribe start  completely over with everything after they had already been out there a few days was a good idea.

I'll take a shot at this.  I was thinking that one thing they could do to put existing alliances in jeopardy is when the tribe with nothing inevitably gets whittled to 4 they can add 2 each back into the other tribes.  The other tribes each have 2 people on the bottom - add 2 more bottom dwellers for them to hook up with and now you have something really interesting: a 4-4 split on both tribes.   Now if that doesn't happen next week then, yeah, way to guarantee 5 boring weeks of the tribe with no food and no shelter going to tribal every episode.

• Love 5

Yeah, I wonder if they split back two tribes with even numbers? Of course, they probably hoped it would be Masting all over again. There's no way Ankor could win with best even the best people sitting out a challenge. The previews really suggest anything either way so I don't if they go back to two tribes or not.

I agree, I have several of the Survivor buffs. You can see through the fabric if you have just one layer of fabric in front of your eyes, not all layered over.

At the end of the challenge, Savage lifted up his bff and there was an actual blindfold underneath. It looked like it covered most of the eye area pretty well. But I also noticed Spencer lifting his head up, as if he was trying to see out the bottoms of the blindfold. I'm sure some of them were able to see a little. Short of jamming a stick in their eyes, it's probably impossible to make them completely blind.

I wonder if the reason they decided no to use Woo and Joe in the RC was because they were concerned that they might have to sit out the IC (as the extra person from each "over" tribe).

I had the same thought, that they didn't want to use the young guys in case whoever participate in reward couldn't participate in immunity. I don't know which tribe actually chose first, but the other two tribes could have based their decision on who the first triple picked.

I am s concerned that Abi is going to be with us all season. I don't find her entertaining, I find her really hard to watch.

• Love 10

Kass really changed her game, I’m impressed. She was a total bitch last time, but she’s really working on her social game now.

I hate that everyone refers to Kelly Wigglesworth as “Wigglesworth”, I want to smack whoever thought that up.

Why didn't they vote Abi out? Are they really thinking about keeping a goat this early?

• Love 2

I don't know about Joe, but when they showed Savage and Abi taking off their buffs they did have a yellow padded extra layer underneath them, not just their buffs which were over it.

Ahh, missed that this had been mentioned...

I'll add though that there is only so much you can do with two people named Kelly on the same show. Before we've had "Purple Kelly" but saying for example 'Kelly W' isn't as instantly identifiable as calling her 'Wigglesworth' instead.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2

Kass really changed her game, I’m impressed. She was a total bitch last time, but she’s really working on her social game now.

I hate that everyone refers to Kelly Wigglesworth as “Wigglesworth”, I want to smack whoever thought that up.

Why didn't they vote Abi out? Are they really thinking about keeping a goat this early?

While I think they might have done this regardless, I wonder if it is to avoid confusion with the other Kelley (especially since her last name also begins with a W).  

• Love 2

I don't think Tasha and Savage had any choice.  They had to stick with Abi.  If they approached Woo or especially Varner, that person could immediately report back to Abi that they are stabbing her in the back.  Tasha and Savage would go right back to the minority, with one of them getting booted that night. 

While I hate the extreme have-not conditions Angkor must deal with, IIRC last time Survivor did this (Fiji), the winner (Earl) came from the have-note tribe.  So did the person who came in 4th (Yau).  If history repeats itself, maybe Tasha wins this season, with Savage going deep as well. 

The newer, kinder Kass has not been put to the test yet.  Her tribe has not lost.  When she finally goes to tribal, with her butt on the line, we'll see how much she has changed.  e.g., for a while her tribe looked lost during the IC this week, with Kass blowing communications.  If they had come in 3rd, would she have been an easy target?

Hope they go back to two tribes ASAP.  We'll see more players that way. 

Two contestants who so far seem to be doing nothing this season: Keith (no surprise, and also no surprise if that carries him deep again) ... and my least-favorite player of those still in the game, Ciera.  Can anyone explain to me the appeal of Ciera from her first season?  My memory is that she did almost nothing, but somehow got spun as this really canny player.  Did I miss anything?   

• Love 8

I agree I have to wait and see how Kass reacts to when her tribe loses. She's only being nice so far because she's on a winning tribe with SuperJoe.  Usually during a tribe's first tribal council they like to get rid of the eldest members first. If she feels threatened by someone who's a swing vote or she's at the bottom of being eliminated she'll resort to her old ways.

• Love 2

This episode was brutal on poor little KimberStormer.  Everything went wrong for me.  Let's count the ways!

1) Jeff Probst's Ultimate Wet Dream Reward Challenge: The three MANLIEST OF MEN competing to LITERALLY CARRY THEIR TRIBES ON THEIR BACK and even the grizzled old vets were the winners.  Just absolutely excruciating.  Andrew winning, Tasha crying, unbelievably horrible.  Jeremy, the only one of those three MANLY MEN that I can stand, losing, terrible.  I wanted to turn it off and go do something with my life, instead of wasting it on Survivor.

2) Abi fails to turn her randomized hate-beams on Tasha and vote her out.  When she first complained about Tasha talking to Woo, like seconds after coming back from tribal, I whooped and cheered, like literally out loud.  "Yes," I cried, "Suffer!  Suffer the consequences of using Abi!"  But unforch she did not suffer, despite even more transparently thinking of Abi as nothing but a tool than anyone else has yet.  The more people hate Abi in the forums, the more people use her in the game, the more defensive I feel towards her, the more I want her to crush them each by each in her all-devouring maw.  Either work with her for real, or vote her out; I feel voting her out is vastly more respectful than seeing her as a handy object sitting on the table, and I want to believe it's also smarter.  I want them to watch in paralyzed horror as the deadly grenade they've been holding goes off in their arms.  I don't want them sitting smug and self-satisfied like Tasha, who I am growing to despise, or Andrew, who I've despised all along.  The worst part being that now even should Abi turn on them, it's too late.  They set me up, this episode--so many scenes of Abi, completely and utterly self-centered, with Tasha growing frustrated, and no payoff...

3) Varner goes home, instead of worthless Woo: truly entertaining loses to truly boring, leaving the number of interesting people at a very very low ebb.  I'm trying to think who's left who's not a dull dishrag nothing.  My only hope for this season is riding on Kelley Wentworth, who, I can only hope, is getting a hide-the-winner, just-remember-she-exists kind of edit.  Who else do I not mind watching?  Abi.  Jeremy.  Stephen I guess.  Spencer I gueeeeeesssssss, though he was awful this episode.  God they're all so boring.  This is why I couldn't vote in the first place.

Kass's Khaos was phony in the first place, so it's no big deal to see it gone.  OldBayon is a tribe of tedious losers and they do seem sure to Pagong the others right out of the game.  This episode was just like how I imagined the season going, boring and bad, ugh just a disaster for me.

• Love 7

Jeff dominated the first four episodes. Now I wonder which of them is going to become the new narrator of the season.

We've already seen the cracks in the Tasha and Abi alliance. I wonder if Abi will ultimately sink her like she has all her other closest allies.

It will be nice to hear some other people talk. I feel he was over exposed.

I think Tasha will vote out Abi next week, because this tribe seems so unlikely to ever win.

• Love 3

I was actually shocked it was Varner because I didn't think Abi was amenable to changing her mind or shaking out of her perpetual victimhood status. She did make me laugh with her "Make sure you don't vote Abi."

Jeff's signal calling plus injury was too much to overcome I guess. I thought he did make a stronger case than Woo, who I will always see as a dolt. I wouldn't count on him staying loyal to them post merge either.

Continue to love Tasha and this is the most I have ever liked Savage. A little humility looks good on him. He deserved that reward win even if the other tribes threw it, Which I kinda doubt. They want food as well..

Woo will stay loyal and probably be voted out for not flipping. Varner adds nothing to the tribe and if he's hurt he can't compete,but they can't afford for him to sit out, and he can't work to improve their starvation level existence. He might be good at confessional s but he really was a liability

His over playing and over strategizing is what got him to this sad end, that and the terrible twist if having to be on a tribe with no food

Of course Woo is gorgeous, even when starving, so I will always like to see him on my screen.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 7

The thing with Abi has happened many times on Survivor. You just have to go with the person the unstable and/or petty ally wants gone, as long as it is not someone from your alliance. Then you can get the person you really want gone later.  They got away with not humoring her this time, but that's a dangerous game.

The bug at TC was awesome.

• Love 2

A quick before work post to vent my frustration at Jeff Varner's ousting.  This season will not be as enjoyable without him.  He had a way of talking about how much the game mean to him without being irritating (like some of the younger people?) didn't take himself too seriously, joked with just a hint of snark. 

Why o why did it have to come down to Woo or Varner when Tasha admitted what a nightmare Abi is?  Why not just vote Abi out?  I DON"T GET IT.

Also very frustrated at the awful beach no food.  Again, what a terrible idea Probst!

• Love 11
Why the hell is everyone cowtowing to Abi??? Why didn't Sasha and Savage join with Woo and vote her whiny ass out???

Great question.  I really hope it's not "Tasha/Savage both see her as their goat" since I can't take two more months of Abi's bullcrap.  That said, from a strategic gameplay point of view, ditching Varner makes a lot more sense.  During his whole pitch to stay, if anything he was digging himself a bigger hole --- showing how charming and sweet-talking he can be, which makes him a bigger threat in the big picture than Woo.  Varner also has demonstrably made ties to others, as shown by his blunder in the previous episode.  Tasha/Savage probably suspect or know by this point that Woo is flying solo and he actually will stick to them, so they can cut Abi loose as their third if she gets too out of control.  If the three-tribe format continues next week and Angkor loses again (as I suspect they will, since it's getting unfair by this point), I really think Abi is done.

If you're the green tribe, I'm sorry, how the hell is Joe not your pick for ANY solo physical challenge?  Was there some unofficial "your champion must be a 30+ man so Probst can get his rocks off" rule in place?  Even for Angkor, while I can't argue their choice since Savage won, why wouldn't Woo have been the obvious pick there?  Maybe even Spencer over Jeremy for the pink team.....it's probably a wash, though since Jeremy came in last, it's easy to second-guess.

My eyes hurt from all the "Andrew Savage, middle-aged superhero" editing this season.  Even with the slanted edits, this guy cannot hide his inner douchebag.  Even after the immunity challenge when he's exhausted and half-dead, he can't help but toss in a "I used to play college football" in there. 

Varner and Woo are fighting to stay over the other but at no point did I see either consider convincing Abi that voting another original Ta-Keo could be horrible for them come merge and that they need to get rid of Tasha or Savage. I have to think that was attempted and it just didn't work so they didn't bother to show it because otherwise these people are idiots.

"Original Ta Kao" has been so obliterated to this point that Jeff/Woo/Abi probably don't even consider that much of an option anymore.

• Love 6

Can anyone explain to me the appeal of Ciera from her first season?  My memory is that she did almost nothing, but somehow got spun as this really canny player.  Did I miss anything?

Lucked out, forced a purple rock after Gervase made it obvious that she was at the bottom of their alliance. Oh and she voted out her mom despite the fact that nobody asked or expected her to do such a thing.

Keeping Abi and Woo makes perfect sense for Savage and  Tasha.  Abi and Woo don't get along so they're not likely to team up and force a tie, Jeff is by far the weakest member and it removes Abi's closest ally in the game. Now Abi's totally reliant on them to get as far as she can in the game.

If you would have told me that in an alliance between Jeremy and Stephen that Jeremy would be the one running strategical wings around Stephen I'd laugh at you.  Seriously, Stephen get your head in the game.

At the RC challenge it kind of stands out when you address the black guy in a different way from the way you address the two white guys.  I'm not trying to pull the race card but it looks kind of funny.  Also never say Deitz long and hard again.

Kass we voted you in to be chaos not to be a nice older lady. Save that crap for the real world and start entertaining me with a bit of your insanity.

That was an interesting IC. Even if it was stupid.  Bayon pretty much showed how much of a team that they were by making short work of that puzzle. Angkor on the other hand. Even if they were at 100 percent, I doubt they would've been able to compete.

I thought TC was great. I loved that Jeff and Woo fought their asses off and left everything they had at TC. That's how you fight for your life.

• Love 6

Although I would have loved for Abi to have gone home, it wasn't the right time for Tasha and Andrew. Had they approached Jeff or Woo to vote out Abi, they would have immediately gone to Abi to tell her in order to get either Tasha or Andrew out. Woo did try to get Abi to rejoin her original tribe mates and she pretty much shot that done. Also, Abi did not have the deciding vote-Tasha and Andrew planned their votes together and knew that by choosing either Woo or Varner, that those two would vote for each other so they had their third vote. The key was keeping Abi happy so that she THOUGHT she had the deciding vote-that way she would not rejoin Varner and Woo. I think that Tasha knows that Abi is too much of a wildcard to keep long term and is just using her for short term goals.

• Love 13

I love Woo and I'm glad he stays to fight another day.  I think Tasha & Savage went with voting Jeff out because they see him as the greater threat post merge.  And they need Woo's strength now.  I thought Woo was disheartened and was surprised and glad to see him fighting so hard to stay in the game.  I loved the reward challenge, but hated the IC.  The Angkor tribe was truly suffering and Probst just keeps picking at them.  Isn't Savage one of his real life friends?  With friends like Probst, who needs enemies?  The suffering for one tribe only is so unfair.  But it does allow Tasha to shine.  I hope Woo makes the jury and Tasha wins the game. I'd be okay with a Jeremy win too - that man is fine!  And his joy in the game is endearing.  

• Love 3

I liked Tasha on her season, but her "Not Probst" addition to her vote aside, I am already tired of her. Her whole perception of Jeff causing all the "drama" was bad enough, as was her whole "we should have gotten Varner out" (well, then you should have done it then rather than complaining about it now!). But the worst was the whole nauseating "he did it for his love of the tribe" BS she spouted about Savage after the RC. My eyes were about the roll out of my head at that one. Ugh.

• Love 9

(Ciera) voted out her mom despite the fact that nobody asked or expected her to do such a thing.

My memory is that Laura was gone no matter how Ciera voted.  So while Ciera voted to boot her mom, it was not the deciding vote and did not in fact matter. 

I also have this memory that the rock draw was not Ciera's idea; that she only did it because someone else convinced her to; and that the whole season she was pretty much a follower whose strategic moves were designed by others. 

True?  False? 

• Love 3

You know what?  Fine.

FINE.

I'm now actively rooting for Abi to not only make it to the FTC, but to win. For reals. We have one player after another arrogant enough to think they can work with Abi. "Noooooo, she won't blow up my plans.  We have the same goals! I can convince her I'll stay faithful, even if I do make eye contact with another player. And when it's Abi and me at Final Tribal Council, they won't even bother to ask me questions. Probst will hand me my check and loan me his Sea Doo to go home." That will be fun.

Abi will spend the next two months short-circuiting everything I enjoy watching about this show, all because everyone thinks she's a Sociopathic Golden Ticket. Let Tasha or Terry or Kass or whomever take Abi to the end.  Stand in front of a jury full of people they screwed over in favor of the Brazilian Bugs Bunny Villain. Tell them how your game was honorable or strategic. Try to counter Abi's argument: "I said you were dead and I was riiiiiiiiiiiiiight."  

The season will be ruined. But maybe this will teach future casts that dragging the most unlikeable player available isn't the bag of magic beans they think it is.

Go, Abi!  Screw over Savage next!

Edited by phlebas
  • Love 16

My memory is that Laura was gone no matter how Ciera voted.  So while Ciera voted to boot her mom, it was not the deciding vote and did not in fact matter.

I also have this memory that the rock draw was not Ciera's idea; that she only did it because someone else convinced her to; and that the whole season she was pretty much a follower whose strategic moves were designed by others.

True?  False?

For Laura, yea. Tyson was trying to find a way to boot out Laura without getting Ciera involved since he knew that there was no way she'd go for it.  He was pretty shocked when she suggested that who they should target next.

She was going to vote with Tyson and crew until Gervase got pissed and accidentally let it slip out that she was fourth which is when she forced the rock.

Yea she was a follower it just so happens the moves that she gets credit for are quite notable.

Speaking of Ciera, where the hell was she tonight? All I saw was her saying that she'd sit out the challenge and that was it.

Here is the thing, Andrew and Savage want to keep the tribe strong so that they can win something and not go to tribal. Abi is thinking the same way. So the question becomes who is more likely to help the tribe in challenges? And in no world is Jeff the answer to that question.

Jeff's sales pitch was brilliant but Woo actually had a good counter. Woo might have watched Spencer's pitch to Tasha a few seasons back because that is pretty much the situation. We don't know when the tribes are going to swap/merge and we need to win. Who will help you win Ja'Tia or Spencer/Woo or Jeff. Abi was never tossed into the picture because Tasha and Savage knew that mentioning Abi's name for half a second would lead to all hell breaking loose. And Abi is better at challenges then Jeff even before the toe injury. Toss in the toe injury and Jeff was a goner.

Woo and Abi are in trouble when they get to the merge. Woo because of his challenge strength, Abi because she is going to piss off so many people that it will be pretty easy to find folks to vote for her.

Tasha and Andrew have no reason to trust Jeff because of his attempts to talk to Kelly at the Immunity Challenge last challenge. It is better for them to get rid of the manipulator then the wild card.

I also think that most of the Survivors were aware of how Jeff was trying to build alliances before the season began. I think he was too transparent in what he was doing before the game and it bit him in the butt.

• Love 5

I finally, got to see this episode - was too pumped after the baseball game  Go Jays GO!

I am gutted though. Really, really gutted, because I adore Jeff. I really do. I know a lot of people were tiring of him, and what not but I didn't care. I wanted Jeff on the Jury :( It really sucks, because I wanted him back (he would have done well on an FvF season, I think). and that stupid third tribe screwed him over. I don't understand how or why Survivor keeps going to a "have not" tribe, because A: it really sucks, and B: it's not fair at all. and I hate using that word, especially in a game, but it's one thing if you fight for the beach with the good stuff, or you are stupid and choose not to take the good stuff - but to have a tribe swap, and end up with nothing? the hell, show? that isn't right, fun, or fair. 

:( bye bye Jeff. I Hope Jeff (yes, Probst) comes to you but you're back row fodder now. 

Honestly - I am now hoping Abi wins, because seriously, this show needs to show what happens when you keep someone one as the Goat.  Like it is obvious beyond belief (and I am pissed that they didn't realise this last week, or that Woo AND JEFF didn't point this out to Abi - when they get back, is Tasha/Savage going to be super loyal to you?. Answer. :No. they will not). the fact that Jeff can 't help them win challenges (even with his hurt toe ) - is moot because they are all so weak they all are equally sucky, as this challenge showed. so removing Tasha (who i really don't mind, but not really her biggest fan right now), wouldn't have hurt 'them' so much physically, but it at least allows them to have some form of numbers. but Abi totally is in a catbird seat here. they're not going to vote her off. once they merge, Abi will again be seen as the goat. (Kass and everyone else is too busy showing everyone how they've changed). everyone wants to take the goat to the end. Win. Abi. 

(see. life would have been so much easier for Survivor watches had Clay won Thailand ;) that would have shown people goats could win)

Other notes: Who is Monica? Really. one of these days it's gonna click in for me. (I know she was on Samoa, but that's about it). 

Ciera is seriously living off two things: her  mom vote, and her going "I'm going to pick rocks, y'all". Would have rather have T-Bird or Goldsmith here. 

Jeremy's "I'll be his JT." Ouch. also. Lol. Also. Stephen.. the  hell? Pick it up man. 

Kass making Kelley a present was sweet, and I loved Kelley going. OMG she's soooooooooo making a fake idol, she's sooooooooooooooooo bad,  i mean hello, Chaos Kass! and then "Happy birthday." ... "Oh." LOL (though honestly, Kelley some sense. Kass can not be that stupid to make a HII at camp). 

• Love 10

I don't care what some of these people say about how nice Abi is in real life, I don't buy it.  She's a fucking sociopath and it makes me uncomfortable to even watch her play the game with that psychotic, attack dog gleam in her eye.

Kass remains as fake as ever.  Her #chaosKass persona the last time was bogus and so is this kinder, gentler one. 

And I definitely think that Joe had to be able to see at least a little during the IC.  At the end, he was walking way too straight, with way too much purpose, and not even holding his hand out in front of him to make sure he didn't run over anything.  

• Love 8

Yes, Ciera is a legend only in her mind and Jeff's.  If you want Jeff to talk you up as a star of your season just play into its title. Ciera was on "Blood vs Water," and voted off her mother, done deal.  The best example was Rupert who was willing to act like a pirate during the entire pirate themed season.

• Love 10

Jeff dominated the first four episodes. Now I wonder which of them is going to become the new narrator of the season.

We've already seen the cracks in the Tasha and Abi alliance. I wonder if Abi will ultimately sink her like she has all her other closest allies.

Yeah Jeff was by far my favorite this season.  A funny and great narrator I'd love to hear all season long.  It's going to be a boring show without him.  Maybe Kass 2.0 was kind of "introduced" this episode as the next narrator.  We need some humor, guys.  Kass had better step up and provide it cause Jeff was doing great in that department until his demise this episode.

Why is no one on Angkor looking for the HII?  Are they so fatigued or so low in numbers to get away for a search?

I'm sure they have been but since no one apparently found the clue and so it doesn't figure into the storyline, why waste precious airtime on nothing.  Unless their beach was so divorced of any and all resources including idol clues.

I am sure no one on the other two tribes was throwing the reward challenge.  Even better fed tribes still feel hungery out there all the time and the last thing they want to do is elevated a weaker tribe up to their level just in time for the next immunity challenge.  That isn't Survivor; that's Suicide.

Also Terry and Jeremy both looked like they were giving everthig they had as much as Andrew.  That was a really really hard challenge.  Running through water is like running on land with cement blocks strapped to your feet.  And with the temperature near 100 degrees and high humidity I'm surprised one if not more of those guys didn't pass out from a mix of exhaustion and dehydration.  Props to all three.

Go Abi, seek and destroy.  Blow up everyone's game.  You cannot "use" the kraken; only be devoured by it.

Edited by green
  • Love 10

I will agree that the real Kass is somewhere inbetween the Chaos Kass and the Kass we saw tonight but I think that is the case for all people. I can be a raging bitch when I am frustrated or upset. I am also a loving wife and mother who has many good moments with ehr family and friends. I am also someone who plays on her iPad too much when her toddler is playing with his trains.

Kass knows that she was a target at the begining of the game because of her reputation. She seems to have honestly worked to change how her current tribe mates see her. She has the numbers in her tribe so she doesn't feel like she has to scramble. She has not been under a lot of pressure so far this season so it is easier for her to relax a bit. It allows her to be nice to others and not chaotic.

What happens if her tribe loses? I suspect that she is going to be a target of Kelley and Terry because she is not as helpful with challenges and her past reputation. I don't think her other tribe mates will bite. Kass's problem is that she is Kelley's target and Kelley has an idol. Kass could be gone because Kelley plays an idol.

• Love 2

And I definitely think that Joe had to be able to see at least a little during the IC.  At the end, he was walking way too straight, with way too much purpose, and not even holding his hand out in front of him to make sure he didn't run over anything.  

Yeah, I want to call a flag on a play on that one.

he carried it n his own. AND he ran straight. AND he didn 't have to be all blind-man-buff about it? He totally had a Jenna Morasca buff  .                                   

• Love 5

Yikes, that challenge was painful to watch. I had to seriously look away several times, I was afraid someone would lose a limb. And Kass, wow, she has to be the worst caller ever. I guess she wound up in that role by default, as maybe they thought she was the least physically capable of lifting the giant blocks. But wow. All she seemed to do was scream, "Gooooo!" over and over. Thank goodness for Joe, the one man show. He really pulled their asses out from behind. I wonder if there was a way to determine whose blocks were whose by touch, because it really seemed like he was just running and grabbing without any direction from Kass. 

I felt badly for Ankor. I was so thrilled that they won the reward challenge, not because I love any of them, but I thought it would give them a more even playing field. But it looked like it might have been too little, too late. After all that physical exertion, they were literally done. You could see them just standing there, as if standing was all they could muster. They looked like zombies. I really think that randomly putting a third tribe at SUCH  a disadvantage was pretty damn unfair. There was no reason for it, and it becomes sad and boring to watch the same people have to cannibalize week after week. 

Of course it was Varner. I get it - he's injured and also has a lot of friends on other tribes. But I, of course, would have loved to see Abi go. They have given her way too much power, and it's going to her head. Look at how she called Tasha out for daring to speak to Woo! This is what you get when you make a deal with the devil. Your every move will not be watched and over-analyzed and called to the carpet. And you want to say that Varner was the sole reason for contention and drama on the tribe? Have fun with that!

The only bright spot about these same people winding up at Tribal week after week (I say this because 4 of them came from Ta Keo, who lost the first two ICs) is Woo's face. He constantly looks so shocked and confused. It never gets old! 

Not much of the other tribes again, but I did find it hilarious that Kass read "How to Win Friends...." before coming back out there. And it was also pretty hilarious when Kelley thought she was faking an idol, but it was really a birthday present. 

Jeremy is smart to keep "looking" for the idol, even though he already has it. 

• Love 4
If you're the green tribe, I'm sorry, how the hell is Joe not your pick for ANY solo physical challenge?  Was there some unofficial "your champion must be a 30+ man so Probst can get his rocks off" rule in place?  Even for Angkor, while I can't argue their choice since Savage won, why wouldn't Woo have been the obvious pick there?  Maybe even Spencer over Jeremy for the pink team.....it's probably a wash, though since Jeremy came in last, it's easy to second-guess.

My only guess is that they wanted to reserve the strength of the guys like Joe and Woo for the IC? 

Kass we voted you in to be chaos not to be a nice older lady. Save that crap for the real world and start entertaining me with a bit of your insanity.

This post is just so wrong that it's right. LOL

• Love 1

As far as Angkor's conditions go, it is unfair considering what the other 2 tribes have.

However, back in the early Survivor, they didn't have a fraction of these luxuries, including food!! That was the Survivor I really loved.

• Love 4

Was this Angkor tribe idea one of those "sounds great on paper, what could go wrong with it" or were they hoping maybe some of the stronger castaways that might be doing a little better without food (like Joe) wound up on there.  I really don't get the logic of why making a tribe start  completely over with everything after they had already been out there a few days was a good idea.

Ok, Show, you've had your fun.  Time to put them out of their misery and go back to 2 tribes. Enough.

I'm going to start using "Sure, no hard feelings but how do think that made me feel?" in my own arguments. That was like a little nugget of gold from Abi. If you're trying to totally confound someone, use phrases like that. It's a certain kind of mad genius that I'm enjoying because you just never know what Abi will say/do depending on what direction the wind blows her emotional flags.

I know, right?  No hard feelings but listen to me bring it up every 2 seconds.

I went back and watched that IC.  Probst usually gets on my nerves during his constant play by play, but he had some good one liners during this IC.  Especially when he said that this challenge would kick your butt and then we see a montage of everyone tripping over pieces and running into each other.

"Terry is wandering around like that guy at a party no one wants to talk to."  Heh.  

• Love 8
As far as Angkor's conditions go, it is unfair considering what the other 2 tribes have.

However, back in the early Survivor, they didn't have a fraction of these luxuries, including food!! That was the Survivor I really loved.

I completely agree with you. Those early years had a whole other element to them that just made it more interesting, IMO. But yea, it's only fair when ALL tribes have the same disadvantage. To start, at least. I'm not opposed to tribes winning advantages at challenges. But to just throw one of the tribes onto a new beach with no food or anything, for no real reason - it just seems really unfair. 

• Love 11

#AbiTime.

Nothing I can think of that I'd rather be a part of less than Abi Time.  I will give her an ounce of credit, though, for making me laugh when she told Woo not to write her name down.  But besides that, what a fun suck she is.  She would drain anyone's energy.  Wonder how her friends in real life deal with her. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 3

Mrs Boiler and I Simultaneously

Awwwww (climbing baby monkey) -  Noooooo (stalking pretty kitty)

I guess they learned from the blindfold challenge the past couple seasons - not to use the pull the basket of retrieved goodies to the top and have them fall on people's heads.  

I am so tired of Abi's smirks - I was really hoping she would be blind sided.

Ready to see other tribes - are they really that boring that there's nothing to be shown from the other camps?

Edited by Boilergal
  • Love 3

No kidding, I wondered why Varner didn't at least give it a try, "Abi, I saw Tasha roll her eyes when you turned your back."

Better yet, tell Abi to hide behind a palm tree and then bring Tasha over and get her talking about Abi.

• Love 7

I agree!! Woo crying that he couldn't make it another day.... dude, you'd have pulled yourself from the game if it were like the good old days.

• Love 3

Now that baseball season is over (at least for this Astros fan), I can finally focus on Survivor. So far, after a slow start, I'm liking it.

Sorry about your Astros.  I'm a Tigers fan and I really wanted to see the 'Stros crush the Royals.

Well, Abi - I hope you're happy.  This season just lost 6' and 200 pounds of fabulous (I'm guessing).  Varner was my boo.  My hope for Abi is that she makes it to Final Four and gets cut loose.  At least the folks at Ponderosa can enjoy the remainder of the game without being subjected to her stupid theatrics.

I swear Joe could see through his buff.  At one point he dropped a puzzle piece, then turned around to "look" at where it had landed.  If he's truly blindfolded, what would make him turn back around?  

I'm not sure why Keith being blindfolded made him incapable of both seeing and hearing, but it was funny.

I too was concerned for Savage and Jeff after the IC.  They looked rough.  Meanwhile, Probst is all, "Got nothin' for ya, losers!"  Cruel.

I don't like the no-food-no-shelter twist, don't like challenges that break people's bones, and I am crushed that Varner is done before making jury.

• Love 3