Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: A Wanted (Inhu)man

• Start Topic

Poor Lincoln.

"How about I do you a favor and don't tell anybody that a tiny little Asian woman kicked your ass?" Oh how I've missed you, May.

Poor Simmons. Fitz is trying so hard to be there for her. But why does she need to go back?

• Love 8

That was a good episode.  I felt bad for Lincoln, he was being hunted for no reason. I liked the stuff with May and Hunter, though I found the other storylines more interesting. I loved the Simmmons (and Fitz) stuff. Especially that they got to have their dinner, I just wish we got to see more of it.

And I couldn't help but think of Lost when Simmon's was like "I need to go back!". I wonder why she wants that.

• Love 2

Ah, the Hunter-May pairing is paying off already. "But first, drinking!" "Great, because it isn't hard enough to understand you now." Then the cut to subtitles was gold.

And of course May working out her issues.

Oh Fitz and Simmons, I'm rooting hard for a happy ending here, but the road ahead looks bumpy.

• Love 5

Wow, I just did not feel this episode.  The only part I genuinely loved was seeing Rosalind roll up in her own version of Lola.  Everything with Lincoln was soooo boring.  And that kiss with Daisy just felt weird.  Maybe it's just because it's been 6 months since I've watched the episodes from last season where Daisy and Lincoln spent significant time together, but it felt out of place.  There was a real derth of chemistry between them in this particular scene, and it seemed like something the writers threw in just to add an extra layer of drama to Lincoln's almost capture.

Simmons' response to being back home was interesting, but not so interesting that I'm on board where they're going with her storyline yet.  The glacial pace here was such an odd contrast to the furious speed of last week.

• Love 8

I'm really enjoying Rosalind and Coulson's banter. I thought the Lincoln/Skye thing came out of nowhere. And I much prefer FitzSimmons in a sibling/BFF relationship than a romantic one. The stuff with Hunter was a little bit too violent for me, but I'm sensitive about stuff like that. As someone who struggles with sensory issues, I do love that Jemma is shown having trouble with the phones buzzing and the lights. I'm intrigued that she wants/needs to go back.

• Love 5

I wanted to see the rest of the dinner scene with Fitz and Gemma!  That scene was so sweet, him just wanting to do whatever he could for her, and her being overwhelmed by it.  I wonder why she wants to go back -- what was on the other side?

Skye ... I mean, Daisy ... with Gemma was another good scene, and a nice callback to their friendship.  And Ros and Coulson with the car was a cute little scene.

I was less impressed with the whole Lincoln or Daisy debacle.  When Coulson suggested there was someone else on the hospital footage, I thought he meant the blue spiky dude, not Daisy.  Never mind that the whole thing could've been avoided if SHIELD had been in position and ready to pick up Lincoln when Daisy called him in the first place.

I also thought the kiss felt misplaced.  I'd be fine with an eventual Daisy and Lincoln relationship, but this didn't feel like the time or the place for romance to start (in fact, the whole time Lincoln and Skye were angsting on, I kept saying, "No, get out of there!  There's no time for this!").  I hope Lincoln's not on the run for much longer, because that type of storyline is so played out ... as soon as his friend showed up, I knew he was either going to betray him or die.  And it was both!  Bah.

• Love 3

Wow, I just did not feel this episode.  The only part I genuinely loved was seeing Rosalind roll up in her own version of Lola.  Everything with Lincoln was soooo boring.  And that kiss with Daisy just felt weird.  Maybe it's just because it's been 6 months since I've watched the episodes from last season where Daisy and Lincoln spent significant time together, but it felt out of place.  There was a real derth of chemistry between them in this particular scene, and it seemed like something the writers threw in just to add an extra layer of drama to Lincoln's almost capture.

Simmons' response to being back home was interesting, but not so interesting that I'm on board where they're going with her storyline yet.  The glacial pace here was such an odd contrast to the furious speed of last week.

Yeah my favorite part is seeing Coulson interact with Rosalind. In part because I think Rosalind is interesting, and because it brings out a more interesting side of Coulson besides "worried dad" which is how he seems a lot with the team, especially Daisy. Count me as someone who's also not feeling the Daisy/Lincoln chemistry. I remember that they did lay it on pretty heavy-handed last season (remember the fall on top of each other in the hallway?), but that doesn't mean I buy into it. And his sad backstory also felt like another thing they squeezed in to up the drama. I also think that Simmons' desire to go back is my favorite part about that storyline as well, mostly because it genuinely surprised me.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 2

I was so disappointed when it was Hunter who was going to fight and not May, although he gave a totally solid reason.  But Show gave me May kickin' ass and doing so in only the way May could - thank you thank you thank you!

Hunter getting beat to a bloody pulp was kinda horrific.

Think Mack is my favorite universal player - he interacts well with everyone.

• Love 5

It wasn't the worst episode. It was more lackluster, mostly because we've barely seen Lincoln so I don't particularly care for him. It's a shame, because I really like Luke Mitchell so how can his character be this boring and lackluster for me? They need to do something to make him more interesting.

Damn; it looks like my theory of Lincoln being Rosalind's son will not be panning out. You see, that would have been the thing to make me more interested in him, oddly enough.

I really love Simmons and Fitz, but they are so much better off being friends. I loved the dinner scene, and it felt more like a friendship than anything. Obviously that's what she needs, but it felt like he was doing it as a friend. At least her journey looks interesting; so she has to go back? Why? Does she feel Lost? 

I liked Hunter and May's plotline as well. Hilarious with the subtitles and it was worth it to see May kick ass in 2.5 seconds. 

Mack's awesome. Fitz/Bobbi and Mack/Daisy's friendships are equally as awesome. Also, NO WARD. 

• Love 1

I agree with those who haven't been that interested in Lincoln.  He's a bit bland.  I'd rather see more of Mack and Daisy looking for new people, or more of poor, poor Simmons.

I actually winced a little for Coulson when Rosalind was making fun of his hand.  At least she had the grace to look abashed when he told her it was a recent injury.

Then the cut to subtitles was gold.

Best joke of the night by far.

• Love 2

I really love Simmons and Fitz, but they are so much better off being friends. I loved the dinner scene, and it felt more like a friendship than anything. Obviously that's what she needs, but it felt like he was doing it as a friend.

Except, it was a candlelight dinner in a completely rented out romantic restaurant on a reservation that he had them keep every night for months. I think that takes it out of Fitz just doing this as friends. Not that he would push Simmons, especially now, but I think this originally was his grand romantic gesture. I prefer them as friends, but I believe the show is leading to them getting together. 

Melinda May FTW. 

• Love 4

That was a good episode.  I felt bad for Lincoln, he was being hunted for no reason. I liked the stuff with May and Hunter, though I found the other storylines more interesting. I loved the Simmmons (and Fitz) stuff. Especially that they got to have their dinner, I just wish we got to see more of it.

And I couldn't help but think of Lost when Simmon's was like "I need to go back!". I wonder why she wants that.

My theory is there is someone there (or multiple someones) trapped there as well and she wants to save them.  It's what automatically popped in my head when I heard her say she needed to go back.

Lincoln really was having a pretty bad day.  I like him well enough, but this running from SHIELD thing is going to get old fast.

Did Hunter kill my Agron?  I get he deserved it, but I was only half paying attention.  Dan's hair was distracting me.

• Love 2

I was so disappointed when it was Hunter who was going to fight and not May, although he gave a totally solid reason.  But Show gave me May kickin' ass and doing so in only the way May could - thank you thank you thank you!

We did get that, May took out 3 huge guys while Hunter was still getting his ass beat by 1. I am liking their pairing. I loved May's line about Hunter and his friend getting drunk making it even more difficult for her understand them. 

I'm going to go with Daisy knew that Lincoln had feelings for her and she kissed him to get him to come with them. I think she likes him, but I don't think she likes him like that. But who knows, because it did seem like they were setting something up with them last season. 

Simmons wants to go back. I wonder if she met another person that got sucked through the portal and she wants to go back to help them. I also still wonder if she's part Alien since the space rock took her. They said her vitals were different and I don't know if that is something that can change just by being in a different atmosphere. I do like Fitz and Simmons better as friends, but I don't really care if they do get together. 

• Love 1

This show. I'm really trying, but it is so dull. Was I supposed to be invested in Lincoln's whiney ass? It's like the writers just decided to completely change his character. It's only been 6 months, not 15 years.

I'm interested in the FitzSimmons story, but it feels like a retread of last year. Instead of Fitz having ptsd and a tbi, we have Jemma freaking out about her time off-planet. I like these two actors and it's a good dynamic. But one that feels familiar.

I refused to pay attention to any scene with Hunter and May pursuing Ward. I just can't!

• Love 2

Agron!  I totally did a double-take when I saw that Dan Feuerriegel was Hunter's contact.  I don't think I've seen him in anything after Spartacus, so I'm glad he's finally getting back into it.  Too bad his character was apparently one and done.  He could have been good as a recurring baddie.  Either way, the stuff with Hunter and May was probably my favorite.  Those two are hilarious together.  And it led to Melinda kicking ass, which is always great, even if three against one is a cake-walk for her.

I still like Luke Mitchell, but I'm really not feeling Lincoln's story-line.  Just a lot of running, mistrust, and it is already feeling repetitive.  Plus, the twist that Rosalind is going to hold Daisy with powers over Coulson's head, isn't exactly gripping me either.  At least with this show, they occasionally shake things up, so I'm hoping this won't be dragged out too long.

Simmons getting use to being back on the planet Earth was good.  Elizabeth Henstridge is just awesome, and it's even better with Ian.  The Fitz/Simmons scenes were great as always, but I also liked the moments with Simmons/Bobbi and Simmons/Daisy.  Also the Fitz/Bobbi scene was pretty good too.

Mack continues to be the best, and works well with pretty much everyone. 

Overall, an alright episode, but not the show's best.  Felt like a placeholder in a lot of ways.

• Love 1

Nice to see I'm not the only one thinking of Lost with Simmons. Maybe there's a cantankerous raccoon she fell in love with. Or a tree man.

I was busy posting about The Flash, so some stuff may have went over my head. I did like the English-to-English subtitles. And May continues to kick ass. I'm guessing Ward won't go down so easily, though.

• Love 1

I also still wonder if she's part Alien since the space rock took her.  They said her vitals were different and I don't know if that is something that can change just by being in a different atmosphere. 

Well we already know from 50 years real world space travel that leaving the Earth can do a number on the human body, even when we do our best to create an environment that best supports human life in space.  Just spending time on the International Space Station requires some pretty serious recovery when astronauts return to Earth.  They mentioned in this episode that the gravity was greater there than it is here, so she wasn't experiencing perfectly Earth-like conditions.  Apart from differences in gravity, she likely has been exposed to all sorts of minerals and possible pathogens in the food and water she was consuming that her body hadn't experienced on Earth.  It would be weirder if Simmons' body hadn't gone through changes after her time on a faraway moon.

• Love 4

I like Luke Mitchell as well but Lincoln is a stupid person. He made stupid decisions at every opportunity and the reasoning behind them made no sense. I knew Skye was stuck on helping him because she caught feelings but after him rejecting sensible help for the thousandth time I lost interest. They weren't saying he would have to help or even that he would be a prisoner, they just wanted him safe so I'm don't feel that bad for him in the end.

As for Coulson entering a partnership with Rosalind was also stupid. So she had a picture of Daisy,so what? She obviously couldn't find out anything about her and Daisy can take care of herself. We have no idea she wants or who she really works for. He should have just went with the original plan of getting to Lincoln first that way you have leverage. Now you have nothing and you're basically working for her now. Smart. He really needs May around to make the smart decisions.

• Love 3

We don't know what alien metals can do? This is like thinking Lincoln really might have been a vampire hunter Look, the sciencey jargon needs to be passable as something more than militant stupidity. This is tone deaf, lacks style, and is just plain bad writing. Big words aren't bad writing and pretending they are is is just plain folks snobbery. 

Ward's new recruitment policy is pretty much guaranteed to keep away pretty much everybody. 

Lincoln's character was having some normal human emotions which doesn't fit in this show. 

Simmons: trauma or mind control? And the tough question, who cares? It doesn't matter which, it will disappear like Fitz' brain damage. 

I think I'm done.

• Love 4

Mack is awesome. May is awesome. When others interact with M&M they are far better than when left to their own devices.

Loved the subtitles. Wish they'd add that courtesy on Blindspot.

Edited by miracole
  • Love 5

They have footage of DaiSkye! Gasp!!!

Do we care? Are we caring about that?

Seriously- who is going to get hurt if that information leaks to the public? Skye has no family, no friends outside of SHIELD. She works for a secret organization and operates out of a secret base. Is Coulson afraid she's going to get harassed by everyone on the street when she goes on sabbatical? Do they even have days off with SHIELD?

(EDIT: Not to mention, super-hacker Skye couldn't ever find out anything about her own past, and SHIELD struggled to do the same. Is this new organization somehow going to be better at it?)

And Skye has more chemistry with Mack than she ever did/does with Lincoln.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 6

(EDIT: Not to mention, super-hacker Skye couldn't ever find out anything about her own past, and SHIELD struggled to do the same. Is this new organization somehow going to be better at it?)

Did they really even find anything about her other than the fact that she's lived her entire life undocumented and that she works for Coulson?  They guessed she had Inhuman powers, but I assumed that had something to do with what they saw on the surveillance tape.  Her involvement with SHIELD was probably also gleaned from the surveillance footage since Mack likely appeared with her.

As for what Skye had to lose if the ATCU decided to make her a public enemy, the only thing I can think of is that it might compromise her ability to do field work if her face is plastered all over TV and print or if the ATCU started actively trying to capture her.  That would undoubtedly be a nuisance for both Daisy and SHIELD, but it's not really a big enough problem to justify turning Lincoln over.

• Love 5

Liked: Daisy/Simmons and Daisy/Mack. Actually Mack makes everything better.

Meh on Lincoln. If he's really that averse to help from SHIELD, so be it. Let him go.

I also liked Rosalind telling Coulson "Eyes up here" when he was staring at the car.

When that guy approached May, I said "Uh oh" out loud. He had no idea what was coming, lol.

• Love 3

I wonder if she met another person that got sucked through the portal and she wants to go back to help them. I also still wonder if she's part Alien since the space rock took her. They said her vitals were different and I don't know if that is something that can change just by being in a different atmosphere.

Maybe it's all those old-timey guys from the British creepy ritual. If it is, I can't wait for them to return to Earth with their fencing swords and get accustomed to the present day.

• Love 2

They have footage of DaiSkye! Gasp!!!

Do we care? Are we caring about that?

Seriously- who is going to get hurt if that information leaks to the public? Skye has no family, no friends outside of SHIELD. She works for a secret organization and operates out of a secret base. Is Coulson afraid she's going to get harassed by everyone on the street when she goes on sabbatical? Do they even have days off with SHIELD?

And Skye has more chemistry with Mack than she ever did/does with Lincoln.

Good points. Also, even if they did release her face to the public, put her on desk duty for a few months until it all blows over. I doubt that after seeing her once, the public is going to be obsessed with her for months/years.

The Skaisy/Mack relationship is probably one of the few things I really enjoy about her character.

• Love 1

Definitely the weakest episode thus far but not bad.

Highlight was definitely Coulson and Rosalind.  They work well together and I'm glad Coulson will be working with her.  He's right that it makes more sense than fighting each other.  Nice look for Coulson, it beats that boring suit he always wore.  Though of course show one picture of Daisy and he starts acting dangerously stupid again...although at least this time it didn't result in him murdering two security guards like in Season 1!

Still, Coulson and Rosalind have more chemistry than Daisy and Lincoln, which is pretty contrived.  I wasn't a fan of Lincoln last season and nothing they've done this season has changed that.  I got so sick of his "Whoa is me" nonsense, just smack the guy already!  I get he doesn't like Shield but with ACTU (or whatever the initials are), the United States government and one giant Inhuman looking after him, he still thinks it's a good idea to run?  Moron.  Lincoln is not interesting enough to be wasting screentime on.

Hunter and May continue to be a fun team though I don't know how Hunter is going to infiltrate Hydra when Ward knows what he looks like.  The subtitling was pretty funny.  May was great too.

Definitely got the Lost vibe with Gemma's "I've got to go back!" line.  Elizabeth did some great work tonight.  I get the point of having their long-awaited dinner but geez Fitz, lay off the romantic overtures until Simmons is in her right mind again.

• Love 2
<SNIP>

Definitely got the Lost vibe with Gemma's "I've got to go back!" line.  Elizabeth did some great work tonight.  I get the point of having their long-awaited dinner but geez Fitz, lay off the romantic overtures until Simmons is in her right mind again.

I did not read the restaurant scene as a romantic overture - although it typically would be with all the candlelights and such.  I read it as Fitz setting things up in a way where all distractions would be filtered out and it wasn't an overly familiar environment because the lab was overwhelming to her.

Frankly I don't get why Lincoln is on the show. It didn't even make sense to me last season. Initially I thought he was supposed to be Skye's entry into the Inhuman society but that was pretty quickly overshadowed by the fact her mother ran Afterlife. Now he could be considered the token powered teammate, except they already have Daisy for that. Is he her love interest? Maybe. But I personally don't see any chemistry there, and there are enough characters on the show as it is not getting a great deal of screen time, why do we need another one? Especially one who is so bland?

I thought Coulson lampshading the fact they have butted heads with every organization they've come across was supposed to be clever, but it actually pointed out one of the weaknesses in the show's writing. They're doing the same thing over and over again.

May and Hunter are a surprisingly good pairing. I was mixed on him at first, but I think he works better when he's not with Bobbi. On his own he's clever (though not as much so as he likes to think), with her it's a bad meshing of personalities. May works with pretty much anybody, but I really do not envy Ward. Hunter will just kill him if they manage to get close to him. May will make him hurt, and it will be so much fun to watch.

Poor Simmons. It's pretty clear something more happened to her than what we've seen, and Henstridge is a joy to watch. De Caestecker is also great at playing it very understated. He's not trying to do anything but be there for her. The moment Fitz realized she was panicking or being overwhelmed he got the waiter to back off and was just there to hold her and let her cry. These two are the MVPS of the series as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 3

I am really really confused. Why did my ABC station play the season premiere again last night but, it appears, all other regions received the new ep? ARGHARGHARGHARGH. 

In my CST world, Muppets at 7, and MAoS at 8 (orig aired 9/29). Anyone else in the StL market experience this circumstance?

I enjoyed the entire episode.

I think Lincoln is a good addition, and much like Skye was, he's lost and confused and without anyone to rely on.  Why should he be gung-ho to join SHIELD when he JUST got betrayed by the last group that he sided with and was betrayed?  I don't find Lincoln boring at all and am also intrigued with the idea that he may have had a drinking problem, hence his AA buddy.  I think it gives layers to Lincoln, which I always feel characters need rather than EVERYONE being so touch and strong and cool.  I like seeing humanity in my characters.  I find many of the Sci-fi shows lack in allowing any layers to their characters.  I like seeing Lincoln confused and adrift, which is a stark contrast to the confident and self-assured guy we were introduced to last year.  Also, the Daisy/Lincoln connection didn't come out of nowhere for me.  Daisy has been crushing on him a bit since last season when she didn't leave his beside, and so the attraction was always there.  I felt bad for Lincoln (and Daisy) at the end when she finally got him to trust her enough to go with her only to then have Coulson betray Lincoln and agree to turn him over to the authorities.  Lincoln is going to have serious trust issues:  Between being betrayed by a woman he thought was trying to help people, to his AA sponsor turning on him, and now Daisy/Coulson.  Good luck getting him to trust them again.

May and Hunter were great.  I did laugh when that HUGE guy told May to come with him and that she "would enjoy it."  May smiles a bit and goes with them, and so you just KNOW she's going to kick his ass.  That fight scene was awesome.  Poor Hunter looked terrible, but he's a tough guy and got what he wanted.

I love the relationship between Coulson and Rosalind.  Those two spar and banter like champs, and I like the relationship.  I like that they are complete equals and neither one of them is inferior to the other.  They are both smart, witty, and compassionate.  I think Rosalind is a good person, but she's driven.  

Fitz and Simmons were bittersweet.  It does seem that her senses have been altered where she can now see and hear things in a different way than before.  I wonder if being on that planet changed her physically.  I am curious to know why she has to go back also.  I think this season of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been very good so far.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4

I am or feeling this season and I am not sure why. I did not like Couldon once again going behind everyone's back making deals with someone who will eventually try to kill Daisy.

The only thing I did like was the Simmons stuff. That felt real to me and the acting was superb.

Second verse, same as the first ..

Again : Daisy-Skye and Mac trying to bring in Lincoln before the other group gets to him. Again : things go badly and Lincoln runs off . Why did he bother to call for help if he is just going to argue for ten minutes, again, about the same old things. Just taser him and bring him in - or give him a location to go to. Who is paying for all these trips to pick people up? 

Again : Coulson and Task-Force woman meet, threaten and flirt. SHIELD always seems to be stuck in the rut of having to fight the US Govmnt. on one side and Hydra on the other. Some things never change.

Again : May and Hunter on the road. None of this plot makes much sense. They are after Ward, who they know is starting up Hydra .. again. How does infiltrating Hydra help? Ward knows who they are. How will he not recognize them  when his minions show him footage of the new potential candidates? That fight club scene just seemed to be there for the sole purpose of wanting a fight scene. (Tho May did shine in hers. Is Hunter just a bad fighter?) 

Again : Fitz and Simmons holding hands, making mushy faces and crying. It's season one all over again. Fitz had PTSD last season, now it is Simmons' turn, apparently. I would have rather watched her running around on the other planet, fighting for survival, instead of crying quiet tears at the sight of a glass of wine. I wished they would have shaken up this paring - Fitz and Simmons need a break from one another. 

Also - is Fitz rich? How did he manage to reserve the entire restaurant? That's usually a grandiose stunt pulled by a millionaire.. 

Do the writers not see that they are just going round and round with the same plots, only slightly rehashed? I guess next episode we will check back in with Ward for more villain monologuing and intimidation tactics. Sigh... 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 5

Don't know but she-I mean "he" looks pretty sweet!

The moral of the episode, as taken from the Lincoln and Hunter seems to be "Never trust old friends, or else you'll end up accidentally killing them."

Also, Bobbi's knee may not be in great shape but her hair still looks fab.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2

I was really down on Lincoln last season, and he was a drag in the premiere a few weeks back, but I liked that he held his own here and was worth it. I agree that he doesn't really have the chemistry with Daisy to push that angle, but he was using his power in cool ways this episode so I hope he continues to pop in and out.

Speaking of which, I liked that they can advance the Ward plot without actually having Ward around. He's bad enough to be a force without being seen. Big respect to Brett Dalton for taking that reduced role with the show. I'm guessing it's not what he imagined when he first signed up for it.

• Love 3

Speaking of Lost, the guy who played Arnzt (or is it Arnst) was Lincoln's sponsor. 

And I much prefer FitzSimmons in a sibling/BFF relationship than a romantic one.

I agree.  I feel that they had a much deeper connection when they were BFF's.  Fitz ruined that when he expressed his romantic feelings.

Again : Coulson and Task-Force woman meet, threaten and flirt. SHIELD always seems to be stuck in the rut of having to fight the US Govmnt. on one side and Hydra on the other. Some things never change.

On a related note, who is SHIELD reporting to these days?  Fury's out of the picture.  It's clear that the US government doesn't know what SHIELD is up to.  And we've never seen Coulson report to the World Security Council (the shadowy group from the film).  

• Love 2

On a related note, who is SHIELD reporting to these days?  Fury's out of the picture.  It's clear that the US government doesn't know what SHIELD is up to.  And we've never seen Coulson report to the World Security Council (the shadowy group from the film).  

I think Fury is running things covertly, as seemed to be indicated by Age of Ultron, and the end of Season 2 as something of a black ops force. But where are they getting their funding from??? With all those attractive people working for them, maybe they have a lucrative web-cam business set up.

• Love 2

I didn't think much of Lincoln last season when he was a guest star, but now he's a regular?  Why!?!  He adds nothing.

SHIELD is find him, he refuses to join them, and runs away.  SHIELD finds him again, he STILL doesn't want to join, and runs away.  Over and over again.  They did it last night twice!  This guy isn't a character, he's a powerset; nothing more.

I'm surprised no one made fun of Hunter's colorful jacket last night.  It made him look like a little kid on his way to his first comic book convention. LOL

This show needs to move the story along better than it has recently.  They seem to set up a story, drag it out for a handful of episodes, have a violent conclusion, and then recycle it into another, similar story.

• Love 4