Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I should be thinking of Oscar!" No, you shouldn't Joss. Life goes on. If you can't accept this, you need to talk to a therapist, pronto.

And who can blame her? Carly and Sonny are on the Morgan Grief Wagon endlessly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It was excellent soap, for a change.

Yeah, I wonder how many audience eyeballs were rolling at Kim's bewildered/horrified/offended reaction when Elizabeth responded you didn't give me a choice. Where exactly did she think she was going to go with a man who claims to be Drew Cain but can't start a new life anywhere as Drew Cain because his legal photo identification shows that he is Franco Baldwin, any fingerprinting would come up as Franco Baldwin if tries to get a job, he does not have access to Drew's money and his wife Elizabeth can prove that anything he decides to sign, or any financial transactions he tries to complete, are invalid. I wonder if someone will point out to Kim and FrancoDrew that he would have been arrested for attempted identity theft and/or committed to a psych hospital somewhere for insisting he's Drew Cain, especially given that Andrew Cain's disappearance in an airplane crash was just in the news.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

How self-involved is Sonny that Jason has to remind him about his (probably not) special-needs child needing the time and energy that Sonny would give to Dev to adopt him?

This is a rhetorical question, right?

• LOL 7
22 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yeah, I wonder how many audience eyeballs were rolling at Kim's bewildered/horrified/offended reaction when Elizabeth responded you didn't give me a choice. Where exactly did she think she was going to go with a man who claims to be Drew Cain but can't start a new life anywhere as Drew Cain because his legal photo identification shows that he is Franco Baldwin, any fingerprinting would come up as Franco Baldwin if tries to get a job, he does not have access to Drew's money and his wife Elizabeth can prove that anything he decides to sign, or any financial transactions he tries to complete, are invalid. I wonder if someone will point out to Kim and FrancoDrew that he would have been arrested for attempted identity theft and/or committed to a psych hospital somewhere for insisting he's Drew Cain, especially given that Andrew Cain's disappearance in an airplane crash was just in the news.  

I mean Franco could legally change his name to Drew Cain if he wanted. 

And would the attendants who grabbed Franco, actually try to manhandle Kim?

I don't give a damn about Franco, but I don't agree that Liz has the right to force Franco to have an experimental procedure that has at 1in 4 chance of making him vegetable.

To save his life? Sure.

To get his memories back? No. He knows that he was Franco but only has Drew's memories to draw on. He wants to embrace that personality rather that the serial killer with the crappy douchy artist persona. He is not a danger to himself or others (which he used to be when he was Franco). Honestly, I don't know what judge Scott was able to sign that order.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

And would the attendants who grabbed Franco, actually try to manhandle Kim?

Were those real orderlies? I assume they worked for Sonny. I didn’t see the scenes but I read a recap about Scott going to Sonny for a favor with something 

• Useful 1

I'm not a fan of Liz but Becky's ability to drop into ultra bitch mode is very impressive. Also she should've beat stupid ass Kim 'til she saw the white meat. 

I'm not down with Cassandra being a reconstituted Helena. Plus there is no way Helena would've worn that obscenely ugly top.

Kim is going to slide on this ridiculous Frew stuff cause she's "grieving".

What's going to happen with Joss and Dustin? If they're doing another Laura/David Hamilton type story I'm all in. (Old schoolers help me out- it was David Hamilton, right?).

None of these stories entertaining or enjoyable.

I wonder if the writers watch shows like Succession and think about their lack of talent?

I've watched soaps for a very long time and am currently watching 3 of the 4 surviving network shows and they all suck. Almost everyone on Days is back from the dead and they're trying to make a serial killer the town hero. Y&R is trying to convince their viewers that Victor is dead (again!!!) and letting ex-Nina run amok. And you all know what's happening on GH, nothing good or interesting and we have endless Corinthii. I guess the genre is dead or all the people who knew how to write them are dead. Sad.

• Love 5

(This conversation is fascinating about medical ethics -- of which I know nothing.  Although I know a whole lot about ethics from a philosophical standpoint -- my PhD is in Kantian ethics).

As a lawyer, it makes perfect sense to me that American ethics would have shaken out that Kim owes no legal duty of care because she is not Franco's doctor of record (except, what about the Samaritan laws?)  Franco probably doesn't fall under the Samaritan laws since there is no immediate threat to his health or anyone else's* but I don't know.

Here's the problem -- if I step away from the crazy and imagine this was real life -- he'd be a guinea pig in a metaphorical bell jar in a think tank.  The fact is that he is a science fiction lab rat for an experiment that took place against his will.  No doctors/hospital/laboratory in their right minds would let him go out into the world in this condition.  That's part of what makes the Mad Scientist and Shiloh villains -- that they did this to people and then turned them loose on society.

We wouldn't even be getting to a "love in the afternoon" drah-mah triangle -- he never would have left the hospital.

Somewhere in that mess, there is a profound medical ethics problem on behalf of the GH medical community (perhaps as simple as who his doctor of record is -- couldn't they report to the AMA for advice?) and, by extraction, the writers who create the narrative.

Yes, the patient's right to leave "against medical advice" is a powerful patient right (I've used it myself) but there must be limits.

*In re:  A threat to anyone else's health -- another problem.  This procedure is so radical and unknown -- how does the GH medical community know he doesn't pose a threat to anyone?  They can't possibly know that.

/overthinking

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I was thrilled that Liz put Kim in her place by having Franco committed. Kim had a lot of nerve in that conversation and showed her true colors. She is a ridiculously selfish person, so I hope there's no happiness in store for her any time soon! And I sincerely hope their friendship is not renewed after this. Now, Liz knows what Kim really thinks of her husband and relationship. I'm also hoping Franco gets his memories back, so he can tell her off too! 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Captanne said:

/overthinking

LOL, yes. 

It's just a tv show where fantastical things happen daily.  We can all agree Kim is acting like a vile lunatic, but I don't think we have to worry that ethically GH shouldn't be telling a soapy story on a soap. 

• Love 3

LOL  That's right.  My gripe, when it comes down to it, about the current plot line is that it undermines a show that is about a medical community.  It's a self-inflicted wound.  

Didn't this show used to employ a medical ethics advisor or some such human being?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Captanne said:

LOL  That's right.  My gripe, when it comes down to it, about the current plot line is that it undermines a show that is about a medical community.  It's a self-inflicted wound.  

Didn't this show used to employ a medical ethics advisor or some such human being?

Maybe they consulted someone during stuff liked the AIDS storyline but otherwise, I don't think so.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I was thrilled that Liz put Kim in her place by having Franco committed. Kim had a lot of nerve in that conversation and showed her true colors. She is a ridiculously selfish person, so I hope there's no happiness in store for her any time soon! And I sincerely hope their friendship is not renewed after this. Now, Liz knows what Kim really thinks of her husband and relationship. I'm also hoping Franco gets his memories back, so he can tell her off too! 

She really is selfish--heck she didn't tell Oscar that he was sick because it was easier for her.  So she is the same as when she came

• Love 10
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The GH doctors have a duty to offer care to FrankenDrew but unless he is a danger to himself or others

But we don't know if he's a danger.  No one knows the fallout of the experiment.  Does it cause violent tendencies?  No one can guarantee that it doesn't.  

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Liz may be able to go to court and stop him from doing any legal decisions but she can't make him undergo Andre's treatment

If she has medical power of attorney, she can agree to the treatment on his behalf.  

• Love 9

Same. College shopping with Mom, I called it. And what a miserable trip it was, because she was horrible. I guess we flew out to Arizona, although I have absolutely no memory of it. But I vividly remember the campuses of both UofA and ASU. And Maryland, ugh.

So you had to know there was a chance there might be a Maryland alumnus here, yes? *raises hand* Fear the Turtle!  😉

Kim was already pretty far down the road to crazy town and I think hearing that real Drew is presumed dead drove her the rest of the way. Problem is that story is moving way too quickly and they aren't playing out the necessary beats. 

Though I don't see Kim and Julian recovering from this.  I kind of like DeVry and hope that this mess doesn't leave his character stranded with nothing to do but try and rein in a now homicidal Brad.

Which reminds me - where the fork is Lindstrom? He should be a part of this.  Franco wakes up, Kevin excuses himself to take a phone call, and we haven't seen him since.  

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, amaranta said:

So you had to know there was a chance there might be a Maryland alumnus here, yes? *raises hand* Fear the Turtle!  😉

I have nothing against Maryland personally, I just didn't like the campus. And where was your offense last week against...TEMPLE?! 

This show is boring. The characters are boring. The storylines are boring. I'm sure Frank thinks he's being edgy with this Franco/Kim thing, but all he's managing to do is succeeding in pissing off 99% of the audience. I don't know of anyone who likes this story, whether you're a Friz fan or not.

• Love 7

OMG, boring is right.  "Edgy" is not what has me talking about Kim and the serial killer/mind transplant/navy SEAL/annoying actor/original stunt casting guy. 

What has me talking about it is that it's a self-inflicted wound by the very writing staff of their own show. 

I'm pretty sure that's not the viewer conversation the writing staff is encouraged to create.

13 minutes ago, Captanne said:

OMG, boring is right.  "Edgy" is not what has me talking about Kim and the serial killer/mind transplant/navy SEAL/annoying actor/original stunt casting guy. 

What has me talking about it is that it's a self-inflicted wound by the very writing staff of their own show. 

I'm pretty sure that's not the viewer conversation the writing staff is encouraged to create.

An ex serial killer is an art therapist for children. Kim violating the ethics code is nothing compared to that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Captanne said:

I would be willing to bet the majority of the viewing audience is not talking about ethics violations on Kim's part and how it hurts the medical community.  

And, tbh, I'm more offended by the awful all-over-the-map accent RoHo's been employing the last few weeks.

• Love 6

This procedure is so radical and unknown -- how does the GH medical community know he doesn't pose a threat to anyone?  They can't possibly know that.

Yeah-- that's an excellent point I hadn't even considered. No one knows what effects this might have. The evil doctor admitted he had only tried this on twins because of.. science reasons.. and he didnt know what it would do to a a non-twin.

Factor in that Franco has a documented history of violent behavior (yeah, yeah.. tumor, I know) but there's no telling if this would turn him homicidal.

But one thing is clear, Kim is officially terrible. I hope Julian finds her "dear John" letter and washes his hands of her completely.

Also, anybody else get a weird, chem-test vibe in those scenes between Willow and Finn? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

chem-test vibe in those scenes between Willow and Finn? 

Is that what that was supposed to be?  I totally didn't understand the point of the scene with the annoying kid who saved Peter and him playing whatever instrument.  I thought it would be about Willow's behaviour with the kid helping her get the job, but that wasn't it.  Just a weird scene all around.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Is that what that was supposed to be?  I totally didn't understand the point of the scene with the annoying kid who saved Peter and him playing whatever instrument.  I thought it would be about Willow's behaviour with the kid helping her get the job, but that wasn't it.  Just a weird scene all around.  

I think it was to show how wonderful she is with kids, because now that she has the job, we'll never see her working with them at GH again.

• LOL 2

So, Lulu and Dustin have now had sex.  Have Maxie and Peter had sex yet? They've been a couple now for a really, really, really long time - and I don't remember them hopping into bed. And no, it isn't necessary for an adult couple to be having sex - but it's not as though either have them have pledged to remain celibate for some reason.

And it's not that I want them to - frankly, I just want Peter to go away and never come back - but when Maxie and Lulu were talking about Lulu and Dustin it got me thinking that it's really weird that Peter and Lulu still seem to be in some sweet-innocent-we're-nervous-about-each-other relationship. Which would work for Josslyn, because she's a teenager. But is kind of ridiculous for a mother-of-two and her 30-year-old boyfriend. Particularly as he is now so confidently bad that it makes absolutely no sense for him not to have made some move on Maxie.

6 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Have Maxie and Peter had sex yet?

They have...we've only seen them in bed the next morning but they've definitely been having sex for a while. 

And ITA about just wanting him to go away. Far, far away. 

• Love 6

I feel badly for Tamara, I really like her as an actress and this drivel is almost unwatchable.  Kim telling Liz to face reality was really too much.  She deserves to be smacked down and no one does that better than Liz.  I liked Kim and Julian together.  Why can't I have nice things??

I laughed when Kim was trying to take that gigantic phone out of her tiny purse at the end.  Heh.  What a dope.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 10

This new Nina is beyond annoying. I'm about one "my darling" away from throwing my shoe at the screen when she's on. I'll enjoy seeing this version of Nina learn that Sasha isn't her daughter and Valentin is still evil.

The only good thing about this whole Kim/Franco story is seeing Liz slip into bitch mode. I'm not a huge Elizabeth fan, but the character becomes much more interesting when she has a nemesis. Kim, on the other hand, is just a vile character. I would contend that she just sexually assaulted Franco. Drew's memories may be over-riding Franco's, but the body is all Franco, who didn't consent to the sexual act.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Baxter said:

The only good thing about this whole Kim/Franco story is seeing Liz slip into bitch mode. 

Eh, I didn't see this as bitch mode. She didn't call Kim a bitch or whore, scream in her face or trash talk her about her  life like Carly does about women she considers the enemy regarding their relationships (current or past) with Jason, Sonny, and Jax. 

Elizabeth stood up for herself, her marriage and the mentally compromised Franco. She has tried to be understanding of Kim's pain but now she's letting Kim know 'You hurt me, I'm done being nice. And you don't get to leave Port Charles with my husband and my sons' stepdad because he makes you feel good about your past and tells you he wants you.'

Re: today, if Spinelli really thinks of himself as a "big gun," he's as delusional as Kim is. If he wants to be useful, he should have brought little Georgie to add some cuteness to the scene at Kelly's .

I think it's been a while since the Show has had more than a half dozen cast members present for court room-focused drama?  Also I don't understand Kristina's bitchface about Alexis. Not long ago she offered Alexis and Neil coffee like she was trying to be a matchmaker for them.

Cassandra can stay if she continues to dis Sonny, whereas I just want someone to shove both Valentin and "Peter" off the pier because they're just. so. pathetic. LWB needs to be reminded this is not a high school theater stage.

• Love 10

Can someone, anyone, please do something, anything with Maxie’s bi-color hair with no style and her awful clothes? She looks just dreadful and I know someone could do something with her if given half a chance. Thanks.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Can someone, anyone, please do something, anything with Maxie’s bi-color hair with no style and her awful clothes? She looks just dreadful and I know someone could do something with her if given half a chance. Thanks.

I kinda liked her outfit today. It wasn't the greatest but better than usual.

I thinm her hair has a style. A terrible style but a style lol. I think they're going for boho chic.

How about a realistic color and a good shampoo? That would be a good start and then cut off that lank hank that’s always hanging down the side of her face. Her clothes are pitiful. There are so many other things they could dress that young woman in that could be so much more attractive. She’s a train wreck, IMO.

• Love 3

I know there is no semblance of reality on this show, and it’s particularly egregious in getting trials so very wrong in the past 15 years or so, but JEEBUS FUCKING CHRIST!

Witnesses who are supposed to testify DO NOT sit in the peanut gallery, where they hear other witnesses’ testimony-to avoid all that influencing the other’s testimony and all that. And the defendant is supposed to be dressed in attire appropriate for court-like a suit. Then again, this is Kangaroo Court, so why do I let this continue to bother me?

I 🤣🤣😆😆at the look on Mooby’s face when Cassandra told him he’d outlived his usefulness. He looked like what he is: an aging, pathetic mob “boss” who thinks he’s still someone who should be feared.

Since this FAKAKTA Show is so ridiculous, I want Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! back at the WSB.

And I also want a horsie.

• Love 8

Since Valentin isn't a lawyer, why didn't anyone listen in to his conversation with Cassandra? Neither of them has any expectation of privacy. What a bunch of dolts.

The photo that proves Claudette is supposedly alive is nearly two years old. She could be dead. (Too bad she isn't.)

Wow, Shiloh's lawyer's outfit was TERRIBLE. And why wasn't he in street clothes?

At least the trial seems to be going quickly. This is something that doesn't need to be dragged out.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

That would be a good start and then cut off that lank hank that’s always hanging down the side of her face.

They're trying to hide the marks on her face. I find it a bit insulting at this point. Do they think the viewers don't notice the bad make-up and hair?

• Love 3

Kim is out of her mind, but I did get a laugh at all the accusations Liz threw her way.  They were all true of course, but...Liz was also describing exactly what she did with Drew when she thought he was Jason and he had amnesia.   Kim looks like a beaten dog half the time, I don't know, it's really tragic.  I don't know what they're gonna do with this character. 

On 9/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, tvgoddess said:

I don't like Franco/Drew with Kim. I don't like Franco with Elizabeth. I just fucking don't like Franco, period. And he's on practically every single fucking day. All this discussion (while interesting and intelligent on an ethical/medical level) just makes me angry and bitter. So I am not watching, or I'm watching very small clips of the limited things I choose to seek out (which these days, isn't much).

I'd like a GoFundMe to send RoHo and MB on a very, very very long vacation. You can throw a few others in as well, but start with those two.

Oh, I'm in!

• Love 3

Caught up on a bunch of episodes today while unpacking from vacation, and noticed a few things:

The show is significantly better when watched in a binge. You barely have enough time to roll your eyes at one bit of stupidity before another one comes along and supplants it.

Bad credits news: Charlotte has been added. Good credits news: But so has Trina!

I never really heard the FrankenDrew southern accent before, but hoo boy was it there today. With his voice all soft and languid, it was like he was channeling Ashley Wilkes. I understand the general puzzlement now. 

Is it me, or did Lulu falling into bed with LegoMan come out of nowhere? I only remember one previous tentative date. Not that I have any objection to Lulu indulging in some casual sex, but it seems rushed given her fierce devotion to Dante until very recently.

I’m looking forward to the return of Britt, Sasha’s doppelgänger.  Since they have finally noted the resemblance, I wonder if this means Sasha will turn out to be related after all. Maybe she really is Nina’s daughter, and Valentin is just a lucky recruiter.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:24 PM, ulkis said:

I love how she was like "people want what we have and they'll do anything to get it!" Okay lady. You have a nice kitchen. That's it.

They have the Big Bowl of Moss! EVERYBODY WANTS THE MOSS!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 9/18/2019 at 8:15 AM, Captanne said:

(I don't have any investment in Liz and haven't since her "een" on the end of anyth-een with an "ing" on the end of it) 

I’m neutral on Liz— sometimes I like her, sometimes I don’t — but this “een” thing is like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

And speaking of things that continue to annoy me:

On 9/18/2019 at 1:21 PM, Captanne said:

I don't like the actor Franco, either, and although I was fascinated by the serial killer story*, that smarmy stoner did nothing for me and I wish we could change that stupid name).

Franco is a dumb name, but it got infinitely dumber when he tacked on the last name Baldwin. Every time someone calls him Franco Baldwin in an official capacity, I want to yell, “His first name is Robert!” It should be Robert Baldwin or Robert Frank Baldwin (nickname / pseudonym Franco). Franco Baldwin just sounds ridiculous.

• Love 7

line is that it undermines a show that is about a medical community. 

That ship has sailed a long time ago.  This is a show about a mob family that has overtaken Port Charles.  In yesterday's episode, a mob kingpin waltzes into an interrogation room while the Police Commissioner, Mayor, and DA just stand there and Maxie thanks Jason for "busting" a criminal. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Look at Sonny strutting in like no biggie to try and bully a woman. *golf claps*

Go eff' yourself, Sonny. We're seen this schtick for the past 20 years, can the writers not move on to something else? Thanks!

It just made himi look like an infectual idiot.  "Watch your back".  Or what?  The show wants it both ways in that they want him to be the "good" mobster, but also wants us to believe that he's this big bad, which he totally isn't.  If he was Cassandra would have been dead before Curtis found her on the Star.  Hell Shiloh would have been five seconds after he tried to initiate Kristina into the cult.  What legit mobster would have allowed that to happen and not gotten rid of the person responsible.  So dumb.  

9 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:
13 hours ago, Hater said:

Sonny took a nap today.

Haven't watched yet....was it a dirt nap?

Unfortunately not.  He was snoozing in the background of one of the courtroom scenes.  But then again, I was snoozing while watching the implausible courtroom scenes.

Did they explain why they had the newbie ADA chick?  Why bring on an extra when Robert can do it?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Did they explain why they had the newbie ADA chick?  Why bring on an extra when Robert can do it?

That's the one/only thing they did right. It's usually ADAs who do the actual prosecuting, as the role of DA is a political appointment/get elected.

Otherwise Adam Schiff, Foghorn Leghorn*, and Nora would have been prosecuting all those cases on Law & Order, and not Ben Stone, Jack McCoy and Mike Cutter. And occasionally Claire, Jamie, Abbie, Connie.

*Arthur Branch.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

They said Robert had too strong a presence, or some such nonsense. Yet he was still sitting at the prosecutors table and did make an objection. 

GHSR is right that DAs don't usually actually try court cases, so at least that part was accurate.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Since Valentin isn't a lawyer, why didn't anyone listen in to his conversation with Cassandra? Neither of them has any expectation of privacy. What a bunch of dolts.

Wow, Shiloh's lawyer's outfit was TERRIBLE. And why wasn't he in street clothes?

That ~interrogation room is the Jason Morgan Memorial Office, hence anyone can come ~visit a prisoner and basically have a picnic lunch and gossip about reality tv.  It's eye-rollingly stupid.

Both female lawyers yesterday looked like they got their clothes from the clearance bin at WalMart.  This friggin' show. 

• LOL 3