Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 9/28/2019 at 12:16 PM, statsgirl said:

A question for those who know about the law: are lawyers allowed to lie to law enforcement about their clients?

I thought that lawyers made a point of not knowing if their clients are innocent or guilty so they didn't have to lie to the court but Diane was lying all over the place there, as well as constantly interrupting Jordan.

This is Diane Miller, the bestest, most successful lawyer. She's is so successful at litigation, she could sue you for saying the sun rises in the east and that water is wet.

(Unless you use the adverb disclaimer, "allegedly").

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Now when Joss mewls something about Oscar having died, I catch myself saying out loud, "Five months ago!"

Same here. I'm not sure keeping a journal is going to be enough for her. She's Carly's daughter: Everyone else has to feel her pain, too. 

I think lawyers can lie as long as it's not under oath and/or suborning perjury. Cops can lie to suspects, after all.

• Love 4

I was out of town last week and am just getting caught up on GH. I read all the posts, but nothing could have prepared me for the hilarity that was Shiloh's death. I mean, y'all said it was funny so I thought I'd likely have an eyeroll and/or a little side smile, but I laughed out loud, ran it back, and laughed a second time.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

think lawyers can lie as long as it's not under oath and/or suborning perjury. Cops can lie to suspects, after all.

Isn't lying to the police obstructing justice?  There's also a fine line between telling a lie and skirting the truth in a strictly legal sense.

• Love 2

Again, still catching up. Jordan asking why Jason didn't shoot to wound and instead shoot Shiloh in the leg rather than torso is obnoxious. Uh, because you aren't taught to shoot an appendage in firearm classes. You are taught to aim for the body. Reminds me of those people who seem to think westerns are realistic and cops should shoot the firearm out of a gunman's hand in real life.

• Love 5

Word of warning to anyone who doesn't adore Sonny and Carly to skip the saccharine lovefest that was the baby's birth. I wish I had.

"Michael, Jason will explain."  Because he's your real father.

Kendra the personal trainer returns and she's

Spoiler

Keifer's older sister!

Is she going to kill Alexis?

I don't recall Tad Martin being this cute. He really has got better with age.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Actor of the Week was definitely Maura West in Ava's scenes with Neil.  

She's really good at putting in layers of meaning into the terrible writing.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

This has to be said...Donna?!!!  In 2019!

She's named after GH's long time make up artist who died last year. Donna Messina.

But yes I get you. It's all in tribute but it is a dated name.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 6

I know, Donna????  But then Sonny's little speech made me think it was someone real  That worked on the show?  He put so much effort into his speech not to mumble, it must have been about somebody in RL.  Cute as hell baby though

ETA: thanks Hater for explanation

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 3

Donna? It's a girl, and they went with DONNA? Look, if the show wants to pay tribute to one of their own, that's fine, but the name came out of nowhere and doesn't fit with the rest of the family. Nice sentiment, bad execution. Anyway, I've decided that to me, this name is just poking fun of Sonny being The Don (allegedly) and Carly being a prima donna (most definitely), mixed with the fact that the children on this show invariably have terrible* names (looking at Rocco and Wiley, here). 

Adorable, if giant, baby though. Can't believe how tame this delivery turned out. You'd almost think Carly and Sonny were normal everyday parents instead of hideous assholes, or something. I'm sure that impression will clear soon enough, especially with Nelle lurking around, looking to get sprung (and if this stint amounts to nothing, then they need to stop leaving the key under the mat for Chloe Lanier).

*Apologies to any Donna who may be reading this. You are undoubtedly a lovely person with wonderful qualities, chiefly that you are not related to Sonny and Carly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Donna? It's a girl, and they went with DONNA? Look, if the show wants to pay tribute to one of their own, that's fine, but the name came out of nowhere and doesn't fit with the rest of the family. Nice sentiment, bad execution. Anyway, I've decided that to me, this name is just poking fun of Sonny being The Don (allegedly) and Carly being a prima donna (most definitely), mixed with the fact that the children on this show invariably have terrible* names (looking at Rocco and Wiley, here). 

If the show itself wanted to pay tribute to their makeup artist, it would have been just as easy to use Donna as a middle name. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"Michael, Jason will explain."  Because he's your real father.

That was (unintentionally) funny but even funnier was Jordan telling Sam she's under arrest for murdering Shiloh, and the reactionary look on Sam's face. I legit laughed out loud! 

Of course they leave it up to Jason to tell Michael about their baby's condition, and then he in turn gets to tell Joss and Kristina. 

Had Carly and Sonny agreed to a boy's name and girl's name prior to this episode and I missed it? The whole 'we have a name picked out and there's a story behind it' came out of nowhere as far as I know. Yeah Kristina said the lady from the old neighborhood, but I don't ever recall Sonny mentioning Donna to Dante let alone Carly or his other children. I get the impression Carly never met this 'character' they're naming their daughter after either. 

I liked the Alexis-Kristina scenes today.  They also seemed to resemble each other as mother and daughter with both dressed to exercise and both with their hair tied back for exercise. I assume Kendra remembers Kristina and just won't acknowledge they've met before because that would interfere with whatever her plaaaan to hurt Alexis is.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Isn't lying to the police obstructing justice?

Depends on the lie, I'd say. It doesn't make a difference in this case why Dev was at the HS.

13 minutes ago, Linny said:

the children on this show invariably have terrible* names (looking at Rocco and Wiley, here). 

Don't forget Leo. 

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

whatever her plaaaan to hurt Alexis is.

Zzzzz. Kiefer was too long ago for me to care, especially since he was no prize.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Had Carly and Sonny agreed to a boy's name and girl's name prior to this episode and I missed it? The whole 'we have a name picked out and there's a story behind it' came out of nowhere as far as I know.

They knew the sex of the baby from the ultrasound. They just decided not to tell anyone (and by 'anyone', I mean on the show and the audience.)

I really thought that they were going to have a boy. The family's girls now are Josslyn, Avery, Donna and Kristina, while there is only Michael now to balance them (until Morgan comes back).

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

They knew the sex of the baby from the ultrasound. They just decided not to tell anyone (and by 'anyone', I mean on the show and the audience.)

I really thought that they were going to have a boy. The family's girls now are Josslyn, Avery, Donna and Kristina, while there is only Michael now to balance them (until Morgan comes back).

And of course Dante.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that was a lie to cover Carly changing her mind about telling Bobbi about the S.B. diagnosis. 

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really thought that they were going to have a boy.

Birth defects baby?  Has to be a girl.   Girls must be coddled on this show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm not surprised the baby is a girl child. No way Sonny Corinthos would have a boy with physical challenges.

I haven't seen today's episode yet, so how severe did the spina bifida turn out to be?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really thought that they were going to have a boy. 

I was shocked for a moment that the baby is a girl, then I figured TPTB on this Show don't want the audience to think that they are  'replacing' Morgan with another bio Corinthos boy. (Also, if Morgan comes back from the dead via a re-cast, there's no need for a dramatic "you didn't miss me, you replaced me!" confrontation.

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I haven't seen today's episode yet, so how severe did the spina bifida turn out to be?

The surgeon said that it was minimal and would be corrected in the surgery she is currently in. <eyeroll>  Unless there is a crisis of some kind, it's all going to be a big fat nothing burger, which is may be why they didn't wait for sweeps.

15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought that was a lie to cover Carly changing her mind about telling Bobbi about the S.B. diagnosis.

There was a scene after the first ultrasound where Sonny and Carly were looking at the photo and talking about the sex in terms that the audience wouldn't know what it was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The surgeon said that it was minimal and would be corrected in the surgery she is currently in. <eyeroll>  Unless there is a crisis of some kind, it's all going to be a big fat nothing burger, which is may be why they didn't wait for sweeps.

Typical gutless GH to punt on the follow through. So the point of all this angst was for nothing, as usual. Gah.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was shocked for a moment that the baby is a girl, then I figured TPTB on this Show don't want the audience to think that they are  'replacing' Morgan with another bio Corinthos boy. (Also, if Morgan comes back from the dead via a re-cast, there's no need for a dramatic "you didn't miss me, you replaced me!" confrontation.

Morgan would do that with a girl too.

Donna seems like a name Carly would pick to me, although they should have picked "Whyyyyyyyyy", and call her Yyy for short.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think the baby naming would have been nicer (a sweet gesture nonetheless) if they showed them to care about the child.  Not like I want to see Carson fuss about a kid and naming her/him but Sonny was mostly absent for this and Carly being pregnant still makes no sense.  But hey now they have what 7 kids?  I lost count.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Hater said:

I think the baby naming would have been nicer (a sweet gesture nonetheless) if they showed them to care about the child.  Not like I want to see Carson fuss about a kid and naming her/him but Sonny was mostly absent for this and Carly being pregnant still makes no sense.  But hey now they have what 7 kids?  I lost count.

Together they have Morgan and Donna.  Carly has Michael with AJ and Josslyn with Jax.  Sonny has Dante with Olivia, Kristina with Alexis, Avery with Ava and dead Lila with Sam.  Plus, Carly had a child she miscarried with Sonny. Sonny is extremely fertile.

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Wasn't Lily pregnant when she went click, boom too?

(Sonny got six women pregnant through 8 pregnancies. What a real man!)

7 and 9. Claudia was pregnant and miscarried after Kristina’s hit and run 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So I guess we’re really stuck with this Carson baby since I don’t think they would have given her a meaningful name otherwise. They really are going full wish fulfillment with this couple. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

So I guess we’re really stuck with this Carson baby since I don’t think they would have given her a meaningful name otherwise. They really are going full wish fulfillment with this couple. 

Yea they've pretty much sealed that with her tribute name today.

Show makes no sense. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Don't forget Leo.

Aw, I like Leo! The name, I mean, Julian and Olivia's kid is pointless. Wiley and Rocco are indeed terrible, however. So was whatever Michael wanted to name the baby that is actually Wiley. Jonah? Jonas? One of those.

Donna is a grandma name. Literally my grandma's name. It's sweet that the show wants to honor someone who's passed on, but the fifteenth child of two walking personality disorders as a namesake is not a touching tribute, I'm sorry.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Aw, I like Leo! The name, I mean, Julian and Olivia's kid is pointless. Wiley and Rocco are indeed terrible, however. So was whatever Michael wanted to name the baby that is actually Wiley. Jonah? Jonas? One of those.

Donna is a grandma name. Literally my grandma's name. It's sweet that the show wants to honor someone who's passed on, but the fifteenth child of two walking personality disorders as a namesake is not a touching tribute, I'm sorry.

I bet MB pushed for it, last year when she passed away he basically took the lead and on paying tribute to her, etc.  

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1

So glad they reached out to an industry stalwart and fan favorite like Michael E. Knight to play the important, critical-to-the-canvas character of...

*checks notes*

...Nelle's new lawyer. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So glad they reached out to an industry stalwart and fan favorite like Michael E. Knight to play the important, critical-to-the-canvas character of...

*checks notes*

...Nelle's new lawyer. #eyeroll

Story is he begged for the job.  Called Frank.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Nelle and Joss's encounter was pretty soapy, though what prison guard would give a rat's ass about who Nelle gave her kidney to?

I don't really mind MEK being Nelle's lawyer. He can act, and this role is likely recurring at best, so he won't be forced down our throats.

The baby was adorable and HUGE. Hee. So annoying, though, that all the sturm und drang over SB was for nothing. Did someone put the kibosh on the story, or was it the usual lame puttering out to nothing? Both? Neither?

It was obvious MB was speaking from the heart about Donna Messina. I don't think I've seen genuine emotion from him like that in ages.

What vitamins and minerals can't you get from food? If you can't get them from food, do you actually need them? Also, plants are food, Show.

Aren't Nelle and Harmony cellmates? Why can't they talk to each other? 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought they would go with Morgana.  It would still work when Morgan comes back.

I thought a girl would be named in honor of Jason but a girl's name that wasn't a duplicate of Morgan, like maybe Jasell or Jaycee/Jasee. Naming a baby Donna in 2019 is absurd. The last time I heard the name for anyone who's not currently a senior citizen (or almost a senior citizen) was in the '90s when fictional teenage Donna Martin debuted on Beverly Hills, 90210. 

So now between his kids and hers, they have 6 living children. Carly has three living children by three different men, so does Alexis, and Sonny has 4 living (bio) children by 4 women plus Michael through illegal adoption. I don't ever want to hear again people smearing Elizabeth because her 3 sons have 3 different biological fathers (I got tired of reading on and off over the years that Elizabeth was sooo promiscuous; the proof is her sons have different fathers. At least with Cam, I'm pretty sure she knew immediately that Zander was the father?)

I assume Kim will be the next one pregnant, realizing at some point this fall that she is having a kid with Franco and it is Franco's, not Drew's.

• Love 8

Sam also has 3 kids by 3 different fathers, although Sonny's died and she thought that Drew was Jason at the time. There must be something magical about that number for women.

Among the men, Sonny stands out far above the crowd. Jason has 2 kids by 2 different mothers, as do Drew and Scott. Robert and Ned each have one, Finn has one that he doesn't know about. Julian has 3 although he didn't know about the existence of the first two. Does Kevin have any biological children?

I probably got some of that wrong as there are times that I haven't been watching.

I thought a girl would be named in honor of Jason but a girl's name that wasn't a duplicate of Morgan, like maybe Jasell or Jaycee/Jasee. Naming a baby Donna in 2019 is absurd.

Is Jasee less absurd than Donna? 

I don't think it's that's crazy. It's like if someone picked out Jennifer imo. I mean, no, not popular anymore but probably someone named their kid Donna.

23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It was obvious MB was speaking from the heart about Donna Messina. I don't think I've seen genuine emotion from him like that in ages.

I agree you can tell he was himself not Sonny, so his "acting" wasn't needed.  Made him tolerable. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

(Sonny got six women pregnant through 8 pregnancies. What a real man!)

I'm down with a snip snip storyline for Sonny. I'll even watch him ice it if he never has another child again. 

I don't even know what the point of them giving these two scumbags another child to fuck up.

And Donna? It's not 1970, writers, or whenever the name was popular.

Not down with this Kendall character coming to town for vengeance. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2

With all the crap that is wrong on this show, I don't see why the fuss over naming their baby Donna. Popular names come & go.

The name thing seems like nothing compared to the SB story that went no where...not that I'm complaining. Was NOT looking forward to it honestly. I'm glad it was repairable. I hate sick/injured baby stories. Real life is bad enough....I watch soaps to not have to deal with that honestly.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Naming a baby Donna in 2019 is absurd.

For. Real.  My father liked Donna for me and I was born many decades prior to this one when it was actually a popular name (my mother nixed it, btw, something Carly would never be allowed to do).  And no offense to the makeup artist they're honoring, but, yes, VERY poor execution.

I legit LOL'd at Sam's "I can't leave the hospital, Carly's having her baby" to Jordan as if she's Carly's OB-GYN.  Although fascinating she has more feelings about other people's kids than her own. 

So how far does this murder charge get?  Because I'm picturing a jailbreak and the dull duo going on the run to clear Sam's name.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Naming a baby Donna in 2019 is absurd

OK, not that this is very many in the huge scheme of things, but I looked it up and 2,245 babies were named Donna in the US in 2019.  So, still not seeing how this is the most unrealistic thing that has ever happened on any TV show in the history of TV.  The top 4 names were Olivia, Emma, Amy, and Sophia.  Emma's out because Carly is not going to share a child's name with Robin.  It would be weird to name your baby after one of your husband's other baby mommas so no on Olivia. So, I guess it would have to be Amy or Sophia if they're only allowed to use super trendy popular names.  I vote Sophia.  Paired with Corrinthos it's very ethnic.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I legit LOL'd at Sam's "I can't leave the hospital, Carly's having her baby" to Jordan as if she's Carly's OB-GYN.  Although fascinating she has more feelings about other people's kids than her own. 

What?! You mean Sam has kids???😱😳😱

Who would know from watching the past few weeks. I mean Scout (now there's a name to poke fun at!) who has just lost her father....be nice to have her mother be there & worry more about her than freakin' Shiloh. And then there's Danny...Jason's son. Thank all the god's for Monica's daycare!!! But then Monica is all about FrankenDrew's memories these days so where are those little tykes???.

Why even bother to give people kids when they forget they exist?🤔

• Love 6