Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

There was a look in Elizabeth's eyes when Cam walked away after their argument, which I interpreted as sadness/resignation. It acknowledged that Cam's teachers and classmates see her as a weak enabler, and her accepting that as more or less the truth because she's so invested in Franco that she feels can't break up with him. 

This paragraph is gold, but the whole thing is beautiful. A standing ovation from me to you.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

He doesn't know Valentin's scheme about Sasha

Really? Then LWB/FS was playing those scenes wrong

I agree that he doesn't know.  The last conversation between Peter and Valentin at Windemere was that Peter was questioning why Valentin wanted him to hire Liesl, and he realized that she had something on Valentin that would have him possibly lose Nina.  If he knew the truth about Sasha, he would have said it then.  

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Maybe, LW and her boyfriend Wes Ramsey are really expecting. Who knows? I know she has adult kids but I don’t think he has any of his own. 

I've been wondering that. For a couple of weeks now, LW has been in some baggy clothing, especially around her midsection. It could be that wardrobe hates her or that she is just getting some middle age spread, but I've also wondered if maybe she was pregnant.

Another thing. Has Wes Ramsey been studying at The Kelly Monaco School of Acting? He's been doing a lot of whispering in his scenes lately.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

There was a look in Elizabeth's eyes when Cam walked away after their argument, which I interpreted as sadness/resignation. It acknowledged that Cam's teachers and classmates see her as a weak enabler, and her accepting that as more or less the truth because she's so invested in Franco that she feels can't break up with him. 

I agree that she's accepting that others see her as weak for being with Franco. But to accept that she acknowledges that it's the truth one has to forget that Franco helped Jake and her when Jake was traumatized. He did therapy with Jake until Jake is now not only well-balanced, he's more mature than his bio dad.

You'd also need to forget that Franco was and is her main support with Aiden's bullying. It's Franco who is taking Aiden to the kitchen supply store and letting him stay up late to bake cupcakes with him. It's Franco who is going to the library to get books for Liz to read on what's best for a gay kid.

Franco's history on the show is terrible. But at the moment, he's a loving partner who treats Liz special she is, is good to her kids and he's almost the only support Liz has in Port Charles because while Laura is sympathetic, she has her own problems.

Liz probably gets that others see her as wrong for being with Franco but my feeling is that she loves him and appreciates him, and wishes that others see what she does in him.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This paragraph is gold, but the whole thing is beautiful. A standing ovation from me to you.

Aww, thank you! It's nice to be appreciated. I see Elizabeth as being an emotional hostage to Franco's neediness, and yet the unhealed spirit (from her abandonment issues with her parents, Lucky, Jason) wants Franco to be dependent on her so he'll never leave. I think she believes that an unhealthy/toxic man loving her and acting as co-parent is better than being alone in life and doing all the single parent work (with backup from Grams and Grandma Laura). Elizabeth has really been lonely since her girlfriends and Lucky and Nikolas have all left town or died/been murdered. She chooses to shrug off facts like Franco once kidnapped Aiden, took an interest in helping Jake at least in part as a means to get (his obsession) "Jason's" attention and get close to Elizabeth, held Tom prisoner recently in what once was her art studio, ignores requested boundaries and perpetually whines likes a child, etc. 

I'm sad that Elizabeth is coming off as knowing she has settled for a relationship she's not truly happy with and is also not the best male role model in life she can give her boys, because Franco loves her and needs her and won't leave.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Hater said:

They say weddings are doom for a pairing, so maybe Friz will go kaput within the year.

I think every single main pairing on this show is terrible and needs to be blown up.

I wish. I think if this show has, oh, two more years they'll be together more or less. After that they might start messing around with them.

Peter had the stupidest line a couple of days ago. It was something like "Valentin has many secrets, many hundreds, maybe thousands." Thousands?! Unless every place he's farted counts as a secret, no, he probably does not.

I don't even care much about Friz at this point, I would just like a scene where Laura is reassuring Lucky that Franco is fine and he doesn't have to come and make sure Franco is okay to be around. 

I can't see this Sasha situation resolving any time soon.  Maxie will get the DNA, but something will prevent her from saying anything.  Because it takes years for anything to happen on this show.

I don't know about that @ciarra. I could see it blowing up right around when Jax shows up. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't even care much about Friz at this point, I would just like a scene where Laura is reassuring Lucky that Franco is fine and he doesn't have to come and make sure Franco is okay to be around. 

Part of me kinda wants a scene where Laura finds out about the jailhouse wedding and expresses some real concern about her grandkids' safety in that house, but the bigger part of me knows that would only make the apology Laura will have to deliver at the end of this all the more grovely, bleh.

ETA... you know what also could be kinda interesting?  A scene between Laura and Scotty about this.  I mean, Franco is a totes retcon, but Laura's daughter is accusing Scotty's son of being a killer, and they have all this history they could fling at each other.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA... you know what also could be kinda interesting?  A scene between Laura and Scotty about this.  I mean, Franco is a totes retcon, but Laura's daughter is accusing Scotty's son of being a killer, and they have all this history they could fling at each other.

Oh you mean like when Lulu was accused of killing Logan. Hmm I think that Laura was in the mental facility at that time.

4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Oh you mean like when Lulu was accused of killing Logan. Hmm I think that Laura was in the mental facility at that time.

You are correct. I recall Scotty told Laura that if she agreed to leave there and also leave PC with him, he would not pursue "bringing Lulu to justice for murdering my son Logan." His anger toward Lulu was mostly due to guilt that he barely knew Logan.

• Love 1

You know what is gonna make me mad. When real Kevin is discovered, Laura is probably gonna rush to his side and they will be reunited. I hope she takes a SERIOUS pause to lconsider that KEVIN is in large part responsible for these deaths and for her own daughter almost being killed. 

• Love 3

Have Spencer and Lulu EVER been in a scene together before? Now, because the show needs a place for him, HE'S the Spencer relative to come to Lulu's side. Not her father, or brother, or husband? 

Besides, given what Spencer was like during that ghastly kiddie love triangle, wouldn't he look down on her as a townie? 

• Love 2
On 2/16/2019 at 9:27 AM, Oracle42 said:

I don't remember Cooper ever doing that. Possibly because she met him in the middle of a robbery. Poor doomed beautiful Coop

Jason Gerhardt/Coop Barrett was so pretty! And the fact NOTHING was done with his obvious last name will forever irk me.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Have Spencer and Lulu EVER been in a scene together before? Now, because the show needs a place for him, HE'S the Spencer relative to come to Lulu's side. Not her father, or brother, or husband? 

Besides, given what Spencer was like during that ghastly kiddie love triangle, wouldn't he look down on her as a townie? 

He has and threw a big snit fit when Charlotte showed up and took what he considered was his room.

• Love 1

Elizabeth has really been lonely since her girlfriends and Lucky and Nikolas have all left town or died/been murdered.

With JMB, Dante, and Ethan gone - that whole generation line was extinguished.  Now we are stuck with Nina and Franco filler, along with the disgusting violent mob kingpin and his gang.  Roho's character is worse than excrement and MS has failed to intertwine with the rest of the cast (despite heavy-lifting efforts by Kst and JdV).

• Love 2

Nina's grand idea to welcome an assault survivor home is to hide out in her home, scare her, agitate her about what happened to her and say her memories are wrong, and taunt her about her brother's murder. And then tell Lulu to her face that she is marrying Valentin so she can be Charlotte's mother. 

Lulu doesn't need enemies when she has Nina being her "friend."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

First of all, Jordan's suggestion is beyond stupid. Franco not insisting on consulting with a lawyer is even stupider - if anything were to happen to Jordan, there'd be no record of the deal.  The deal itself is even stupider, because if the PCPD can't find the real killer (and, really, given the competence of the PCPD, how likely is that outcome?), Franco could spend the rest of his life in prison for crimes he didn't commit.

I guess the whole point of this story is to portray Franco as a sacrificial hero?  Which...no thanks.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

First of all, Jordan's suggestion is beyond stupid. Franco not insisting on consulting with a lawyer is even stupider - if anything were to happen to Jordan, there'd be no record of the deal.  The deal itself is even stupider, because if the PCPD can't find the real killer (and, really, given the competence of the PCPD, how likely is that outcome?), Franco could spend the rest of his life in prison for crimes he didn't commit.

I guess the whole point of this story is to portray Franco as a sacrificial hero?  Which...no thanks.

And let's make sure that we won't tell anyone about our secret deal. Why? Liz isn't going to tell anyone nor will Curtis. It will served them both right if rumors are true of

Spoiler

that Drew gets into a car accident when he suddenly goes blind and hit Jordan with his car.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2

So Jordon is gonna take it upon herself to make a deal with a serial killer to catch another serial killer. What she is doing is illegal. ...and, goes without saying, so fucking stupid. 

I would not be able to go to a therapist that had Alexis' new therapist's hair stylings. What the fuck is going on atop that man's head. He is 50+ year-old mental health professional not the next Justin Bieber. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

And where was Rocco during lulu’s homecomig? Is she only allowed to have one child on screen at a time and since Nina orchestrated the party, that child was Charlotte?

Where else at Monica's staying with Olivia. Lulu expected both kids not to be there but Nina and Charlotte planned that stupid surprise party and didn't invite Rocco.

Just now, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't see today, is it true Laura saw Kevin, but Ryan go tthe jump on her?

Not only did she see Kevin (knowing that he was Kevin and not Ryan), but Kevin realized that Laura was there and they had their soapy moment as they called each other's name. Then Ryan injected her with something.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Not only did she see Kevin (knowing that he was Kevin and not Ryan), but Kevin realized that Laura was there and they had their soapy moment as they called each other's name. Then Ryan injected her with something.

Sounds soapy.  Although maybe would have been a better Friday cliffhanger versus a Monday/holiday one?

So what now?  Really, Ryan should just kill Laura, but I guess he'll just lock her in with Kevin?  But people would notice Laura being missing pretty quickly and I feel like this Ryan story's not in the last lap yet.

• Love 2

Good lord this "deal" between Jordan and Franco is idiotic. I had to laugh that Jordan was so sure Margaux would get a conviction. Margaux's track record isn't exactly stellar.

It's painful watching Michael try to date anyone. CD just can't really do it.

Curtis: "You and Valentin are getting married again?"

Lulu: "Really? Again?!"

Me: Hee.

The lighting in Lulu's house was really weird, especially in the kitchen.

I don't want to watch Charlotte and Spencer snipe at each other. Zzzz.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

It was good and soapy for a change.

• Love 7

As well as people going to be looking for Laura, presumably the patient in the cell gets 3 meals a day. If Ryan locked Laura in, the next meal delivery would find her.

I guess today was the Valentine's Day couples that we didn't see on Valentine's Day (the B squad apparently) and there's no still no real chemistry with any of them.

Jordan's idea is the pinnacle of stupidity. Vinessa got out just in time.  I hope Franco at least thinks to get Scott to get a signed paper from Jordan that it's all just a ploy.

I like Dr. Byrne last week but now he's trolling for online dates with old pictures of himself. That's pretty pathetic.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Whatever Ryan injected her with probably causes memory loss.   All he would have to do is put her back in her apartment.

While it makes sense for Ryan or any doctor at the loony bin to carry knock-out injections, Ryan couldn't have known that Laura would be there. So for him to just happen to have a super-specific drug that causes memory loss would be a leap in logic. Not that I'm not ruling out your prediction being where the show goes with this.

If Ryan does actually stash Laura away somewhere, something else he may not know is that at least one staffer saw her there, and that staffer may have actually gone off to phone the people she suggested calling.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Whatever Ryan injected her with probably causes memory loss.   All he would have to do is put her back in her apartment.

Having only read and not seen today, I had the same thought.

I also thought, though I'm not sure Ryan would know to do this, that a text or email from "Laura" to her loved ones that she had gone to help Luke with something would throw people off the trail.

Not only is Jordan’s plan stupid, it’s incredibly irresponsible. So when Franco pleads guilty, the real killer is going to be so angry that someone else is getting credit for his work that he’s going to... what, Jordan? Confess and beg to be arrested?  Or perhaps he’ll just kill someone else. Good job thinking that through, Ace.

Of course, I could still get on board with the plan if it included dangling the right person(s) as bait...say, Kristina? Spencer? Sam? So many candidates.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I always wanted Michael to find someone interesting to be with, but my God, he is so boring!

And today, a date with another vanilla girl with long straight brown hair. Someone in casting sure has a type.

Whatever happened to Francesca? I thought she had potential. Or fix him up with Teri! She needs something to do. 🙂

• Love 3

I didn't see the end of this scene, but didn't Ryan have a syringe to inject Griffin with on the hospital roof?  I'm assuming he didn't use it, as nothing ever happened to Griffin.  Could that be the syringe he used on Laura?  Maybe Ryan carries it around with him "just in case", sort of like how I carry dental floss in my purse 'just in case' I get spinach in my teeth at a restaurant.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 2/15/2019 at 10:12 PM, ciarra said:

What's up with the actor who plays Griffin?  Today he has a split lip.  He had a cut by his eyebrow last week.  There was also a throwaway line about the scratches on his face, but it didn't adequately explain it, imo.

Since word has it that

Spoiler

The character is leaving soon

I have a suspicion that something is going on in the actor's personal life and the writers don't feel a need to address the injuries on screen.  Since he actively boxes on the show it could have easily been written off as sparring injuries.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I also thought, though I'm not sure Ryan would know to do this, that a text or email from "Laura" to her loved ones that she had gone to help Luke with something would throw people off the trail.

Speaking of Luke, even though the Kevin/Ryan SL has been pretty good by GH standards, it's time for it to end.  I'd be really OK with Luke leaving Tracy's side in Amsterdam for a few days just to drop into Port Chuckles to kill Ryan and catch up with a few folks.

• Love 3

Jordan is a moron.  This plan is stupid because, for one glaring thing, THE KILLER PLANNED FOR FRANCO TO TAKE THE BLAME!  dumbasses.....

Also, there was a line from last week that has stuck with me and I can't seem to get past. 

Sonny: Your on the pill though

Carly:  Uh, no I'm not

Sonny:  What?

Me:  And this is supposed to be a loving, functional, relationship.  /headdesk

Edited by ouinason
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

What cracked me up about Michael's date was that I'm sure we were supposed to be outraged at her lack of interest in him and see how Willow was so much better. I like Willow (and the actor), but she's not exactly a ball of fire, so LOL.

9 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Maybe Ryan carries [a syringe of knockout drug] around with him "just in case", sort of like how I carry dental floss in my purse 'just in case' I get spinach in my teeth at a restaurant.

Ha! Ryan does seem like the type to do this.

5 hours ago, ouinason said:

Also, there was a line from last week that has stuck with me and I can't seem to get past. 

Sonny: Your on the pill though

Carly:  Uh, no I'm not

Sonny:  What?

Me:  And this is supposed to be a loving, functional, relationship.  /headdesk

I saw this more as Carly feeling she wouldn't get pregnant again—a not unreasonable assumption, given her age—and went off the pill without telling Sonny. I don't think that's so terrible, honestly. He's an asshole about this sort of thing under the best of circumstances.

Can I reiterate how much I dread this pregnancy story? I DREAD IT.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I saw this more as Carly feeling she wouldn't get pregnant again—a not unreasonable assumption, given her age—and went off the pill without telling Sonny. I don't think that's so terrible, honestly. He's an asshole about this sort of thing under the best of circumstances.

I think she should have told him.  There's something in the PC water.  A lot of people get pregnant at advanced ages. Ages where you would think they might be past menopause even. And Sonny is super fertile. He doesn't have to do much more than look at a woman to get her pregnant.   But, the only thin I'm faulting Carly for (in this particular instance, not her whole life of course) is that she should have told Sonny (assuming she didn't).  She shouldn't have to be solely responsible for the bc.  Especially considering the fact that all the pill risk factors increase after the age of 35. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ouinason said:

Jordan is a moron.  This plan is stupid because, for one glaring thing, THE KILLER PLANNED FOR FRANCO TO TAKE THE BLAME!  dumbasses.....

Thank you! Apparently during the protracted (for this show) discussion she had with Curtis about how they'd been played by the serial killer this never occurred to them. Did Morgan take the Port Charles brain with him when he died?

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What cracked me up about Michael's date was that I'm sure we were supposed to be outraged at her lack of interest in him and see how Willow was so much better.

Can't we send Mr. Beige Michael to Australia for.a.long.time. to learn how to run a business from Jax?  Maybe he could pick up some personality tips from him, too.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, rur said:

Thank you! Apparently during the protracted (for this show) discussion she had with Curtis about how they'd been played by the serial killer this never occurred to them. Did Morgan take the Port Charles brain with him when he died?

Can't we send Mr. Beige Michael to Australia for.a.long.time. to learn how to run a business from Jax?  Maybe he could pick up some personality tips from him, too.

CD has no sexual chemistry with any women. Which is odd since this is a daytime soap and it's basically his job to do just that. I'm amazed that he's been on GH this long. I think the writer thought we would feel bad for Michael and the direct opposite happened. Too funny!

• Love 1

Chad is awful and 

4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

CD has no sexual chemistry with any women. Which is odd since this is a daytime soap and it's basically his job to do just that. I'm amazed that he's been on GH this long. I think the writer thought we would feel bad for Michael and the direct opposite happened. Too funny!

Burton, Benard, and Wright.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Katy M said:

She shouldn't have to be solely responsible for the bc. 

Of course not, but right or wrong, society in general puts that onus on women. And we're the ones who are "careless" and "trapped" the poor men. Ugh.

The only time I remember hearing about Sonny wearing condoms is when Robin's HIV story was in full swing, and she was talking to Brenda about protection. Brenda said he wore a condom every time, and she was vehement about it. 

I don't think Michael is a bad character, but the writing for him is a mess, and they don't seem to know what to do with him. He's the younger male lead but has no story.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course not, but right or wrong, society in general puts that onus on women. And we're the ones who are "careless" and "trapped" the poor men. Ugh.

I'm not talking about society.  I'm talking about one specific married couple on a TV show.

I fully believe that people outside of marriage, or at least long-term relationship, having sex each need to be responsible for their own precautions.  Men have no right to blame women if they get them pregnant, and women have no right to blame men for getting them pregnant.   And, in any case, it is absolutely nobody else's business except for those two people.  "Society" shouldn't even really enter into it.

Married people, or others in long-term monogamous relationships, need to discuss and mutually decide what will work best for them.  And again, everybody else can stay out of it.

39 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

CD has no sexual chemistry with any women

I thought he had chem with Rosalie, so of course it went nowhere.  And he at least had a bit of chem with Francesca, but she was only really around so Kiki had someone to back up her harassment claim.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Can I reiterate how much I dread this pregnancy story? I DREAD IT.

I thought her reasoning was lame.  She was obviously still getting regular periods (she commented on missing one, which prompted her taking the test), so to just arbitrarily to go off birth control was dumb.  

As is this storyline.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I thought her reasoning was lame.  She was obviously still getting regular periods (she commented on missing one, which prompted her taking the test), so to just arbitrarily to go off birth control was dumb.  

As is this storyline.

I can hardly wait when Carly and Sonny name their new daughter, Michaela. Because they just would. Ugh!

• Love 1