Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Recommended Posts

Was this the first time we have seen Margaux into DOD other than carrying the book around?

I presumed that she is actually working on some sort of undercover investigation of DOD and was dropping all that info re the flash drive to set Shiloh up.  Yeah, no, she probably is just stupid enough to spill all that random info to him.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Didn't they do that with Joss and Morgan?  And it never slowed Carly down for one second haranguing people.  With the Joss pregnancy, it was especially emphasized that Carly must not be stressed in any way, yet five seconds later, she's yelling and waving her arms.

It will be Ava she's yelling at when she has a stroke/tock, so she'll be able to blame Ava for that ad nauseum as well.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, rur said:

I hope Shiloh's already on to her game and is just drawing it out for his own entertainment -- or revenge.

That would be great, wouldn't it? But we all know he's going down, and going down hard. No one can make a fool of Sam and Jason.

4 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

It will be Ava she's yelling at when she has a stroke/tock, so she'll be able to blame Ava for that ad nauseum as well.

Not to mention keep Avery away from Ava forever. I don't care what Sonny is doing to Ava, she sucks for not fighting harder to get more access her daughter.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

It will be Ava she's yelling at when she has a stroke/tock, so she'll be able to blame Ava for that ad nauseum as well.

Or Julian.  Maybe she'll have a craving for avocado toast and he didn't get his bread delivery that day.  She goes storming out of Charlie's and trips on her own hypocrisy and tocks out.

(I don't think LW is really pregnant, but she sure is milking it on her IG with people asking her and her not answering.  For that, I roll my eyes at her.  Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.

Oh, GURL.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

(I don't think LW is really pregnant, but she sure is milking it on her IG with people asking her and her not answering.  For that, I roll my eyes at her.  Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

That is very extra, LW.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hate LWB/FS, his smugness about helping Maxie bust Sasha is unbecoming given his resume of lying and manipulating people.

I didn't think he was being smug, Peter was just having fun with Maxie and teasing her about her mission. Even if he was being smug, it's not like he was calling Sasha a bunch of names and acting like he was so much better than her. He's happy that Maxie - someone he cares about -  is doing something to help someone that she cares about. Did you take offense at Maxie's "smugness" given her own resume of lying and manipulating people?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I didn't think he [LWB/FS] was being smug,

Maybe smug was the wrong word, but TPTB seem to think making LWB/FS this, I dunno...preening goofball?...is going to put him over, but I just find his presence obnoxious.  It's barely been a year since his lies got someone killed, but now he's bopping along alongside Maxie helping to bust someone else?  No likey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

  Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

Ugh. and not only that, but it's her 'view at bath time', with a big fat red heart. Gross.  Nothing says romance like reading the philosopher for self entitled right wing pricks by candlelight.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe smug was the wrong word, but TPTB seem to think making LWB/FS this, I dunno...preening goofball?...is going to put him over, but I just find his presence obnoxious.  It's barely been a year since his lies got someone killed, but now he's bopping along alongside Maxie helping to bust someone else?  No likey.

No offense at all, but is there anything they could do with the character to get you to like him? Because you seem to have a deep hate for the character and, even beyond that, dislike the actor just because his girlfriend is the lead actress.

I don't think they're making him a "goofball", not in the slightest. He should be allowed to display a sense of humor, or a sense of fun, every once and a while, despite what he did. Otherwise, he'll be accused of being boring, stick in the mud - which he's been accused of anyway. It was a year ago, which in this day in age of soaps, might as well be ten years. His lies may have helped someone get killed (and Nathan's own boneheaded actions, along with Lulu's and Liesl's) but he didn't kill Nathan. Characters on this show have done far worse. He's apologized and tried to turn his life around. And turning his life around includes not lying to the woman he wants to date, so he did the right thing by telling Maxie what he knew about Valentin. Maxie is the one who put the dots together about Sasha. Maxie is his, apparently, intended love interest so he should be cheering her on when she's trying to protect someone she cares about. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Did we know that Port Charles was 100 miles from Niagara Falls? Given the state of roads in this part of the country, a fast sports car is the last thing I would take to Poughleepsie.

Kevin has been in Ferncliffe since August. That's six months ago, no wonder this story feels like it's been dragging and dragging.

Still Laura's reunion with Kevin was sweet, until Laura started talking about Carly.  Although you know Laura, part of the time Kevin was trying to keep everyone from finding Ryan so not completely blameless.

Why did Ryan leave the light on as he left? Make it even harder for them.

The eye makeup for Ava and Alexis was terrible today. Super dark smoky eyes is not a good daytime look on women over 45.

I'm going to ignore the whole "Franco pleads guilty" because I'm afraid it's stupidity may be catching.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

 Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

Why am I not surprised? Although if he's reading by candlelight, I'm guessing that Rand wouldn't consider him one of the winners.

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't seen today, but I'm wondering how magical Ryan managed to get an unconscious woman and a blind mental patient out of a locked facility?  Probably the same way he transports bodies and body parts around Port Charles without being noticed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Although you know Laura, part of the time Kevin was trying to keep everyone from finding Ryan so not completely blameless.

Yeah, I get why this didn't come up today, but that's a question to be asked - Ryan's supposed to be dead, so how was he in a position to swap places with Kevin?  I hope they don't sweep Kevin's culpability completely under the rug because that could be some interesting drama.

I did like that Laura expressed concern for Ava.  If it was Carly, she would have started screeching that Ava probably knew and was in on it with him.

6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

No offense at all, but is there anything they could do with the character to get you to like him? Because you seem to have a deep hate for the character and, even beyond that, dislike the actor just because his girlfriend is the lead actress.

*shrug* Probably not.  Because the LWB part aside, I just think this character foundation was a mess from the start.  And GH does this a lot, they did it was Valentin, bring in someone as an antagonist doing horrible things, and then backpedal all, "Oh, he's not so bad after all!".  Hence him skipping into Maxie's apartment in a baseball uniform.

And, and I've said this before, I don't have anything against the actor himself, and I certainly don't begrudge him and Laura Wright their real-world happiness, but I just don't like his performance in this part, never have.

But hey, YYMV.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Is this road trip time in Port Charles? Shiloh is taking Sam somewhere, the junior teens are going to Niagara Falls, and Peter is driving Maxie to Poughkeepsie.

15 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Ugh. and not only that, but it's her 'view at bath time', with a big fat red heart. Gross.  Nothing says romance like reading the philosopher for self entitled right wing pricks by candlelight.

Not to mention some things really shouldn't be posted and described publicly. What you see when naked in your bath is one of them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I haven't seen today, but I'm wondering how magical Ryan managed to get an unconscious woman and a blind mental patient out of a locked facility?  Probably the same way he transports bodies and body parts around Port Charles without being noticed.

I assume he just hypnotizes people into helping him with the grunt work, then making them forget.

So.. I guess Franco made this stupid deal without telling his lawyer/father. Man, maybe Jordan should just try this tactic with all criminals. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

In other news, Liz just sounds like a brainwashed idiot with her unwavering, unblinking defense of Franco.  I'm glad Cam and Lulu attempted to break through the fog, though I'm sure they'll both have to grovel when this is over.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think Nina and Jax are being paired. Maxie is on the verge of cracking the case, and who has just been hired who is tall enough to be paired with MS? That's right kids.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, Liz just sounds like a brainwashed idiot with her unwavering, unblinking defense of Franco.  I'm glad Cam and Lulu attempted to break through the fog, though I'm sure they'll both have to grovel when this is over.

I don't want Cameron to give an inch when Franco is proven innocent. The damage has already been done - his mother proved to him and his little brothers that she will put the word of a former serial killer over the concerns and safety of her children. By marrying him, she has chosen to put Franco in their lives permanently and given him an authority role over her boys.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Is this road trip time in Port Charles? Shiloh is taking Sam somewhere, the junior teens are going to Niagara Falls, and Peter is driving Maxie to Poughkeepsie.

All those cars on the road. There should be a huge car accident where someone gets hurt.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

All those cars on the road. There should be a huge car accident where someone gets hurt.

Okay, I googled Poughkeepsie to see where it is, and it is nowhere near Niagara Falls.  Why have all sorts of people heading out on road trips if they are going in completely different directions?

The kids need to dress warmly to see the Falls right now. It's frickin' cold in Niagara Falls in February.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lulu: (rants at Scotty)

Scotty: Go away, Lulu.

Me: Swoon!

Don't forget that little hand flip of his. Possibly my favorite part of the show today.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Ryan said they were in Ferncliff's basement.

Did I miss the conversation about how and why Ryan is alive?

Why are people referred to in court by their stupid nicknames? I'm talking about Lulu and Kiki being mentioned by Margo.

I like Trina. I hope she continues to be a truth speaker and not just a Joss supporter.

Nina is as obnoxious as Carly.

Ryan said they were in Ferncliff's basement.

Did I miss the conversation about how and why Ryan is alive?

Why are people referred to in court by their stupid nicknames? I'm talking about Lulu and Kiki being mentioned by Margo.

I like Trina. I hope she continues to be a truth speaker and not just a Joss supporter.

Nina is as obnoxious as Carly.

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I am suppose to feel bad for Franco or something. 

But it's Friz against the world. Blah. Whatever. 

Just free Drew from this cesspool.  Comforting Liz, playing daddy to the kids...he has his own damn child he never sees.  But it's all about playing some damn borg 2.0 to FRIZ like Carson.  

Edited by Hater
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think Nina and Jax are being paired. Maxie is on the verge of cracking the case, and who has just been hired who is tall enough to be paired with MS? That's right kids.

Why do you want to hurt me?

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Hater said:

But it's Friz against the world. Blah. Whatever. 

Not even. It's more like Franco against the world. It's going to be all kinds of fun having to suffer through scenes of Elizabeth apologizing to serial killer Franco, for not standing by him and believing in him and not being a mind reader.

Thank you writers, forever and ever, for inflicting Franco me.

Yes. This is about me.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lulu: (rants at Scotty)

Scotty: Go away, Lulu.

Me: Swoon!

Don't forget that little hand flip of his. Possibly my favorite part of the show today.

From now on, that's going to be "go to" way to dismiss annoying people.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

From now on, that's going to be "go to" way to dismiss annoying people.

Carly: (begins to opens her mouth)

Everyone in Port Charles: Go away, Carly.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lulu: (rants at Scotty)

Scotty: Go away, Lulu.

Me: Swoon!

 
3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Don't forget that little hand flip of his. Possibly my favorite part of the show today.

 
42 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

From now on, that's going to be "go to" way to dismiss annoying people.

Unfortunely, Lulu is right this time.  And it was for that worthless Franco.  Doesn't matter that we the audience know the truth, a victim has identified her attacker, and they treating her testimony as worthless..  It is a pretty shitty way to treat someone who was almost murdered. 

I stand by the Cameron should have been SORASed more...but at least he can act. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Unfortunately, Lulu is right this time

No she wasn't.  In that moment, she was accusing Scotty of having orchestrated the Franco/Liz nuptials as a legal strategy, which he didn't do.  Go away, Lulu.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

No she wasn't.  In that moment, she was accusing Scotty of having orchestrated the Franco/Liz nuptials as a legal strategy, which he didn't do.  Go away, Lulu.

It's also really inappropriate to cross the court room to harangue the defendant.

Lulu was told that she would have her chance to accuse Franco in court. If she can't wait for that, she shouldn't have come.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I stand by what I said. It was shitty to treat Lulu like that, especially for Franco. I resent it because it was for Franco. And it isn't like Scotty is capable of doing something so underhanded as to drum up sympathy for the worst of his children. 

Here is the other thing, Franco "helping Jake" should not be used as some huge plus as to why he is a better person, instead to used as a demerit, since a large part of it was his from his completely undeserved job as an art theraptist. Anyone who has been in counseling or done any type of theraptic work (full disclosure, I do both) learns is that you do not establish relationships outside of the sessions. It was one of the first things that was told to me at volunteer training for grief support is that the relationship is only within the volunteer time. You can't babysit for them, you can buy girl scout cookies from them (acutally happened to a fellow volunteer) you can't even approach them if you see them in public. As for my counselor, the first meeting he informed me of the potential process of terminating the relationship and that we would not be in contact for a minimum of two years afterwards. 

Franco, as his role as an art theraptist, used his role to get closer to mother of one of his patients, and no I don't think he did solely because he connected with Jake so much; he did it part (large part) because he was developing a romantic interest in Liz.

In the past, the show at least attempted to lay down some professional ethics with therapy.  

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

 Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.

1

Are they STILL doing that? Aren't you supposed to see Ayn Rand for the empty gasbag she was by the time you're 30? Apologies to any of you by the Libertarian persuasion, but that crowd makes me nervous.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

"That and my ability to outsmart the police, who are dopes." Hee.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

No she wasn't.  In that moment, she was accusing Scotty of having orchestrated the Franco/Liz nuptials as a legal strategy, which he didn't do.  Go away, Lulu.

It's also really in appropriate to cross the court room to harangue the defendant.

Lulu was told that she would have her chance to accuse Franco in court. If she can't wait for that, she shouldn't have come.

Seriously. Lulu has every right to her feelings about Franco, but that doesn't mean she can yell at him in court. I had to laugh she didn't feel vindicated when Franco pleaded guilty. She'd probably not be satisfied if she could flip the electric switch herself.

Word to the person who mentioned how ridiculous it was that nicknames were being used in court instead of legal names. Sonny is always called "Michael 'Sonny' Corinthos," so it's super aggravating the women don't get the same courtesy. TFGH misogyny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. Lulu has every right to her feelings about Franco, but that doesn't mean she can yell at him in court. I had to laugh she didn't feel vindicated when Franco pleaded guilty. She'd probably not be satisfied if she could flip the electric switch herself.

Especially when Margaux specifically warned Lulu to not make a scene at the arraignment. And of course, Girl Reporter didn't feel vindicated as she probably was planning to write day to day articles for the month long trial of Franco.

And finally, Lulu didn't find it suspicious that Laura was not there when she was released from the hospital or unable to meet her at the arraignment. When Laura has been overprotective mama bear since Lulu's attack. I guess Spencer didn't tell Lulu that Laura never came home since he is presumably staying with his grandmother.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So Laura isn't going to ask how Ryan still exists?  You know, the dead guy?  How he was allowed to get away and nearly murder her daughter?   She certainly seems to be able to overlook a lot of things -- this is hardly snoring or drinking directly out of the milk carton.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, nilyank said:

And finally, Lulu didn't find it suspicious that Laura was not there when she was released from the hospital or unable to meet her at the arraignment. When Laura has been overprotective mama bear since Lulu's attack. I guess Spencer didn't tell Lulu that Laura never came home since he is presumably staying with his grandmother.

A mayoral meeting made sense to me, TBH. I'm sure it will take everyone way too long to figure out Laura is missing, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. Lulu has every right to her feelings about Franco, but that doesn't mean she can yell at him in court. I had to laugh she didn't feel vindicated when Franco pleaded guilty. She'd probably not be satisfied if she could flip the electric switch herself. 

did Lulu ever get to react to the fact that Franco kidnapped her, taped her to a bomb and let her sit and wait to die - and is now raising her brother's sons? Did Laura?

Why is this problematic ass character still part of this show?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Why is this problematic ass character still part of this show?

For the same reason the male leads of this show are gangster thugs.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Girl Reporter bugs the snot out of me.  She was the victim of a crime and I still have a hard time having any sympathy for her--especially in light of her "this will make a great exclusive!" talk.  

Hey, Laura, I know you wanted to get the skinny from Kevin, but maybe as he explains you could've, gee, IDK, started looking for a way out of the friggin' basement.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For the same reason the male leads of this show are gangster thugs.

This is what has paved the way for the villains with a "heart of gold" spiel Frank shoves down everyone's throats.  Sonny and Jason.

Edited by Hater
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

For the same reason the male leads of this show are gangster thugs.

Not really. Sonny and Jason provided good ratings for something like a decade - and decent ones for awhile after that.  I think they are waaaay past their expiration date, but I can see why TIIC are reluctant to get rid of them.

Franco? Not so much.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

(I don't think LW is really pregnant, but she sure is milking it on her IG with people asking her and her not answering.  For that, I roll my eyes at her.  Oh, and also she gets the prize for posting the most pretentious pic ever, that of WR sitting on the floor reading Ayn Rand by candelight.  Seriously.)

  How slowly do she and whoosis read? Sometime last year, when he first got hired on, he was reading The Fountainhead to her. It's a long book, but, dang . . . If they're that deeply involved with her works, (sorry -- threw up in my mouth a little bit there)  it seems like they'd have read her stuff a little faster. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Whenever I see Julian in his black turtleneck, I think “This is the time on GH...when we dance!”

E497E4EA-2B96-4CAE-88BE-CA9F59304542.gif

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, rur said:

  How slowly do she and whoosis read? Sometime last year, when he first got hired on, he was reading The Fountainhead to her. It's a long book, but, dang . . . If they're that deeply involved with her works, (sorry -- threw up in my mouth a little bit there)  it seems like they'd have read her stuff a little faster. 

I don't even believe they are actually reading it.  It's all for show, but jmo.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

did Lulu ever get to react to the fact that Franco kidnapped her, taped her to a bomb and let her sit and wait to die - and is now raising her brother's sons?

And given her conviction that Franco attacked her and her horror when she found out Liz married him, shouldn't Lulu's next move have been a call to said brother to be like, "Hey, your ex-wife's lost the plot, you really need to check in on your sons."?

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, so I am a week behind so this comment is old and may have already been mentioned,  But, when Shiloh asked idiot Kristina if she'd somehow find the money if she had a heart issue, wouldn't the logical answer be to tell him that she has HEALTH INSURANCE???  Because, with Alexis as a mother, you know she does.  Comparing apples and .....  puppies.

And, is DOD supposed to be a Scientology type of cult?  Levels and courses and money.,,,  wasn't enough that they named the place for the criminally insane the Miscavage Institute - someone on the staff has an ax to grind....  LOL!

(again, sorry if this has been covered)

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Okay, so I am a week behind so this comment is old and may have already been mentioned,  But, when Shiloh asked idiot Kristina if she'd somehow find the money if she had a heart issue, wouldn't the logical answer be to tell him that she has HEALTH INSURANCE???  Because, with Alexis as a mother, you know she does.  Comparing apples and .....  puppies.

You'd still need the $6,000 or $7,000 for the deductible, but yeah, I'm sure Kristina could get that from her parents, also.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size