Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

You'd still need the $6,000 or $7,000 for the deductible, but yeah, I'm sure Kristina could get that from her parents, also.

eh - my family deductible is $3500 - pocket change to her, I'm sure; and I'm sure fictitious Kristina has better insurance than real Marci.  Also, as you said, her wealthy parents would give her that money, but not so much for DOD....

Edited by MarciNJ
  • LOL 2

Girl Reporter bugs the snot out of me.  She was the victim of a crime and I still have a hard time having any sympathy for her--especially in light of her "this will make a great exclusive!" talk. 

That was especially irksome for me *personal bias warning* I have a personal connection to the victims of the Capital Gazette shooting, and to a person, none of the reporters relish being part of the story-- they want to do their goddamn jobs. So Lulu salivating over her exclusive is incredibly distasteful to me.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's to show us she's a Real Girl Reporter—nothing, not even personal trauma, will stop her from doing Her Job. 

Yes, nothing - including getting basic education about how to be a reporter (without endangering herself and others) will be stop her from doing the Job She Feels Entitled To Do. Girl Reporter clearly didn't see the Blue Bloods episode where the entitled reporter tried to demand an exclusive from the man who shot him, and wound up dead on the roof of a car for his efforts. She's an idiot.

21 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Okay, I googled Poughkeepsie to see where it is, and it is nowhere near Niagara Falls.  Why have all sorts of people heading out on road trips if they are going in completely different directions?

Dutchess County, on the Hudson River, about and hour and a half to two hour's drive (83 miles) up the Taconic State Parkway (from NYC). It's not exactly "up state." 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 1

Good God can Becky ever fix her pronunciation of "boys"  it always sounds like "BOYZ"

And Monaco continues to play every scene as if she's in a coma. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

This Anna/Robert/(unfortunately) Dr. Michael Easton story investigating Anna's illness, Alex, the twins, etc. kinda interested me when it started, but it has no momentum, it feels like it's on once a week for five minutes and there are zero stakes.

So now Ryan and Ava are engaged and Lucy Coe STILL hasn't made her thoughts on "Kevin" dumping Laura and taking up with Ava known?  That's bull.

Oh Cam, I feel ya, but you're gonna have to grovel when this is over, you poor boy.

Jordan may be the worst in a long line of inept PC police commissioners.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

How does Lulu think she can sell her story elsewhere if she's an Invader employee?  Isn't she under some sort of contract, making her unable to freelance?

If Peter won't publish it, it's unfair to the reading public of the entire world to be deprived of Girl Reporter's ace journalism. #WhatLuluThinks

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Hater said:

So Scam can talk to Lassie about Scout eating cookies and Drew can go and take care of Cameron?  Yes, show!  All because of BTS bullshit, this type of crap is pushed.

Isn't it better than taking care of Oscar though?!

At this point if he does leave the show (Oscar) the show gets no credit for it. He should have been off the show 6 months ago, and that's me being generous.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Isn't it better than taking care of Oscar though?!

At this point if he does leave the show (Oscar) the show gets no credit for it. He should have been off the show 6 months ago, and that's me being generous.

No none of this is better.  Liz/Drew do nothing for me (he shouldn't be with any woman who has ever been remotely linked to Lassie) and playing daddy or comforting her kids when he has Scout out there is crap.  Drew needs his own story and to stop being a prop to Oscar/Kim or Friz.

The only reason it seems better is because BH is a better actress than TB and WL is better than GS.

It's all crap as a Drew fan.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Hater said:

comforting her kids when he has Scout out there

I wish they’d just give him custody and allow him to do a single father story, while also dating (Liz preferably, but doesn’t matter). Fact is, Sam and Jason are not written to really be parents, the kids are just there to be...there. Because for some reason, the writers decided the two characters who never should have had kids (Jason, especially, should have been a dude who was like, nope!, after Michael) should have kids. 🙄

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I wish they’d just give him custody and allow him to do a single father story, while also dating (Liz preferably, but doesn’t matter). Fact is, Sam and Jason are not written to really be parents, the kids are just there to be...there. Because for some reason, the writers decided the two characters who never should have had kids (Jason, especially, should have been a dude who was like, nope!, after Michael) should have kids. 🙄

leaving aside the fact that he was lying about being Michael's father in the first place, Jason actually was a really good father to baby Michael.  Yeah, he was a bit unconventional in his reading choices, but nothing wrong with that. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

leaving aside the fact that he was lying about being Michael's father in the first place, Jason actually was a really good father to baby Michael.  Yeah, he was a bit unconventional in his reading choices, but nothing wrong with that. 

I was more speaking about the consequences of what happened to Michael while being raised by a mob family. I don’t think Jason realistically would have wanted kids with anyone knowing that.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I was more speaking about the consequences of what happened to Michael while being raised by a mob family. I don’t think Jason realistically would have wanted kids with anyone knowing that.

OK, I agree with that. I thought you meant he should have realized he didn't have a paternal bone in his body after raising Michael his first few months.

It would be marginally less annoying that Sonny was riding on in to rescue Dante if he had said anything about Dante besides one line whining about how Dante didn't tell him where he went, or visited Lulu, prior to a week before Lulu was stabbed. 

Carly (to Olivia, wanting to change shifts with her): I know your schedule is a lot freer since the election.

Wow, how delicate of her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

The kids are there because the perfect family is generally thought of as having a couple of kids and everything has to be perfect for Jason. They will never give Scout to Drew because that would imply that there is something the matter with Jason and JaSam.

Having kids is the opposite of what the writers want to do with Jason and Sam and that's why Danny and Scout are always at Monica's. At least Liz's kids were in the attic, not taken care of by someone else's nanny.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Jason was a good uncle back then (now not so much). But he will never put aside what he wants to do for the sake of the safety or benefit of his child and that's what good parenting means to me.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

At the end of the day it's all agenda.  Sam was ready to have her happy little family until borg scrolled back and now her kids are basically dolls she takes out once in awhile.  

My thing is Drew shouldn't be lumped in with that piece of trash and her true wuv in the parenting department, but the way it's written....Drew has no time to really spend with her since he's worrying about dopey Oscar (said on screen, Drew had to be shown pics of Scout playing with pots) and now apparently needs to be uncle Drew to the "friz" kids because his "brother" is hurting. 

Let's exclude the lack of triangle, if this show had actually given Drew a storyline about his memories....Scout would be more of a factor...but of course Drew can't have that.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

I will laugh so hard if Jason goes blind while Sam is with Shiloh. Because I am waiting for blindness to hit the last set of so-called twins that we know of.

And Sam should be discussing the things Scout does with Drew, not with Jason who should be checking in on his son who has that unhealthy attachment to Franco. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I will laugh so hard if Jason goes blind while Sam is with Shiloh. Because I am waiting for blindness to hit the last set of so-called twins that we know of.

And Sam should be discussing the things Scout does with Drew, not with Jason who should be checking in on his son who has that unhealthy attachment to Franco. 

Spoiler

He does.

Edited by Hater

It definitely bothers me a lot that Jason gets all the Scout updates while Drew is managing Liz and her boys. I don't begrudge Drew's friendship with Liz and totally believe Drew is the type of man who would stay close to her kids, but he really needs to have a stronger presence with his daughter. All it would take is Sam switching from "the kids are with Monica," to "Scout's with Drew." I don't like how it feels like Drew's being severed from his daughter and the family image is Sam/Jason/Danny/Scout. And it's way past time for Jason to remember Jake exists, give Drew a reprieve, and check in on Liz in the middle of this Franco debacle.

"I find [Sam] fascinating." Shiloh, I could think of a hundred other adjectives for Sam before I'd ever land on "fascinating." This is a thankless storyline for all involved.

Ryan gets me every time with how thoroughly he sells his devotion to Ava. This is a tragic, twisted love done right, and I'm both sad and eager to see what's going to happen when it finally implodes.

Edited by Linny
BOGO on Typo Thursday
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Linny said:

It definitely bothers me a lot that Jason gets all the Scout updates while Drew is managing Liz and her boys. I don't begrudge Drew's friendship with Liz and totally believe Drew is the type of man who would stay close to her kids, but he really needs to have a stronger presence with his daughter. All it would take is Sam switching from "the kids are with Monica," to "Scout's with Drew." I don't like how it feels like Drew's being severed from his daughter and the family image is Sam/Jason/Danny/Scout. And it's way past time for Jason to remember Jake exists, give Drew a reprieve, and check in on Liz in the middle of this Franco debacle.

It's garbage.  Straight garbage. And unfortunately this has nothing to do with story but everything to do with BTS crap stirred on by specific actors.

I also remember a time when Drew as Jason barely checked up on the "boyz" and would aggressively roll his eyes at Liz in almost every scene, but now he's a prop to her and Franco.

The Scout thing is just inexcusable because it really is written as though he's so busy with Oscar, he barely sees her in any real way yet Scam gets these anecdotes every now and then and is updating fucking Jason!  But poor Cam, Jake, and Aiden...they need his attention too because of their "broken family, " not his own daughter who doesn't get to grow up with both her parents together.

Jason is a horrible father and continues to be, but for someone who HATES Franco...he cares to never check up on his son who has been raised by him for years at this point.  So it's ok for the sexual assaulter who harmed your nephew and wife to be around your child? Cool.   Funny now when Billy was Jason, Jake was a constant.  Chimera anyone? Now, Hudson is barely used. Why? Because it doesn't suit the pro JaSam/Carson agenda.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Jordan may be the worst in a long line of inept PC police commissioners.

And what was that weird rant to Franco today about how much she hates her job?  We've never seen a hint of that from Jordan before.

We didn't get as many UCG moments today as yesterday.  But "go away Lulu" still has me cracking up at random moments. Kin Shriner is Gold. 

Another funny spot was when Laura verified that Kevin, not Ryan, had visited her in France last year (they apparently had sex then).  My thought was "don't worry Laura, Ryan would rather bite the head off a rattlesnake than make love to you," lol.

• Love 2

Do the writers think I am going to feel sorry for Franco? Because I don't. Not even a little bit.

If Liz actually believed that Franco is completely innocent in heart and guts, then why did she throw her rings at him as he disgusted her so.

Cam stay strong ever after Franco is revealed not be the serial killer. This time.

• Love 4

...a teenage boy is the voice of reason...

And just as I predicted Laura wasted no time in sucking face with Kevin instead of demanding to know what the fuck was going on with Ryan being alive and in PC. 

• Love 7

Speaking of Jason, Drew, Sam, Scout and Danny, I do wonder how loudly these actors laugh every time they read in a script that the kids “are at Monica’s”. It sure makes me laugh out loud. It’s become the joke of all time at GH. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Do the writers think I am going to feel sorry for Franco? Because I don't. Not even a little bit.

And the show's really trying to double down on it, with first Ryan framing him, and now Jordan basically doing the same.  And the later is what makes it impossible, this story beat is so forced and nonsensical at its base.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

That montage of his intake to Ferncliffe was ridiculous. 

I had to laugh when Jordan told Franco she knew he was innocent. Way to twist the knife in deeper, Commissioner. Sheesh. And she keeps asking him how he's holding up. Gee, Jordan, he pleaded guilty to a crime he didn't commit, he's lost the woman he loves, he's in a secure (well...) criminal mental health facility. He's ready to dance!

"We tracked him to Ankara." "Anakara, Turkey?" No, Lulu, the Ankara in South Dakota. Oof.

Previews: I Enjoyed Carly's face when she heard Ava and Kevin were getting married.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Speaking of Jason, Drew, Sam, Scout and Danny, I do wonder how loudly these actors laugh every time they read in a script that the kids “are at Monica’s”. It sure makes me laugh out loud. It’s become the joke of all time at GH. 

Sadly, this is the most Monica has had of her family in years. She's probably thrilled.

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Girl Reporter clearly didn't see the Blue Bloods episode where the entitled reporter tried to demand an exclusive from the man who shot him, and wound up dead on the roof of a car for his efforts. She's an idiot.

Oooh...let's do THAT story! C’mon, writers!

• Love 5

I guess so? Because being deep undercover clearly makes him all too findable. *rme* It's all so stupid. Though this now has me mildly interested in how (spoiled just to be safe)

they bring Dante back. Do Brick's phone calls finally do their job?

I'm still hot under the collar from having to listen to Sam give friggin' Jason updates on Scout.  SCOUT IS NOT HIS DAUGHTER, WRITERS.  I know you have zero use for Drew The Prop-Up King, but seriously, he is her father.  He delivered her through Sam's jeans, for hell's sake.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm still hot under the collar from having to listen to Sam give friggin' Jason updates on Scout.  SCOUT IS NOT HIS DAUGHTER, WRITERS.  I know you have zero use for Drew The Prop-Up King, but seriously, he is her father.  He delivered her through Sam's jeans, for hell's sake.

I feel ya.  First the card.  Then this crap yesterday. 

This show is absolute torture for a Drew fan.  I don't know what I have to do to get Billy to leave this show but I'd like to know because..

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

Something else is bugging me about the whole Franco's fake confession thing. I'm guessing that Jordan did not share her plan with Curtis, he acted like Franco's guilty plea was a surprise.

Curtis also announced that he will no longer be guarding Lulu. Now Franco was freaking out over Elizabeth needing protection, but really, Lulu is the one in danger. And Jordan (world's dumbest police commissioner) knows this. I can't believe she wouldn't, at the very least, suggest that Lulu retain Curtis' services until the trial. 

If the real killer came after Lulu to make sure she never remembers the actual face of her attacker, the Spencers would have a slam dunk lawsuit against the PCPD. 

• Love 4

GASP!!!  Dr. Cabot's goal was to transfer memories from one twin to another!!!  And he was trying to transfer Alex's memories to Anna!!! C'mon, Show, there's your off-ramp to get out of the awful retcon story with Anna/Faison/LWB/FS, DO IT!

Yeah, Terry, how dare you have a life of your own, you apologize to Liz for not being a devoted friend who's available to hear about her jailhouse wedding with a SERIAL KILLER at the drop of a hat this minute! #eyeroll

I was annoyed Kevin was interrupted before he, I think, was gonna spill some backstory on how Ryan is not, you know, dead and how long he knew.

C'mon Ryan, just kill Carly, you clearly want to, just do it!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

I was shocked to see Drew interact with someone other than Friz, but of course the scenes with Curtis are about Franco and it's a whole ass plot point for poor poor Liz/Franco  being kept apart b/c Drew mows down Jordan!

Watching Burton fall down the stairs like a sack of shit was good though.  Again, why is this action Jason when this man cannot do stunts?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

GASP!!!  Dr. Cabot's goal was to transfer memories from one twin to another!!!  And he was trying to transfer Alex's memories to Anna!!! C'mon, Show, there's your off-ramp to get out of the awful retcon story with Anna/Faison/LWB/FS, DO IT!

What, and have a mother be let off the hook for abandoning her child? Never.

42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

C'mon Ryan, just kill Carly, you clearly want to, just do it!

Sonny, too!

I had to laugh that Robert told Sonny it would cause an international incident to get Dante out of Turkey, so what does Sonny do? Call Brick and have him cause an international incident. Sonny is such an infant.

Why hasn't Laura clocked Ryan with something? She's Laura Fucking Webber! She knows how to handle a shotgun, FFS. At least stab him with the pen!

This Sam/Shiloh stuff is SO BORING. We already know he's OMG TEH EVUL, so kidnap Sam or whatever and move this story along. Gah. 

I could not stop laughing at both Drew and Jason going blind. Cheesy soap goodness! I watched Drew hit Jordan about a dozen times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I could not stop laughing at both Drew and Jason going blind. Cheesy soap goodness! I watched Drew hit Jordan about a dozen times.

I think it sucks that out of everyone, Drew is the one who actually ends up hurting someone with his blindness.

Anyway . . .

I think there's a difference between Jason tracking Sam on his phone and following her. I really hate Jason. 

Also, yes, please, let Anna's memories of sleeping with Faison and having his baybay be Alex's memories. 

• Love 10