Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it sucks that out of everyone, Drew is the one who actually ends up hurting someone with his blindness.

Pile more stuff on him, he'll get another 30 second scene with Curtis to tell him he's sorry and then they'll go back to not sharing scenes again.

The true friendship on the show replaced by the Franco/Drew shit.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it sucks that out of everyone, Drew is the one who actually ends up hurting someone with his blindness. 

She hit him with a car and gave him amnesia. So this kinda had to happen

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

C'mon, Show, there's your off-ramp to get out of the awful retcon story with Anna/Faison/LWB/FS, DO IT! 

I don't trust this show after RC's shitty fake-out with Ethan and Robert

• Love 3

Ever since RC and FV came on the show the show has located a lot of things in Turkey. Random.

@TeeVee329 according to some casting sides Dante went rogue

so he could speed up the job and get back to Port Charles, so he's stupid.

I guess creaky knees Sonny going on a mission isn't quite as dumb as bad back Luke going on one, but it's up there.

Isn't Sam supposed to seem kind of intrigued? Instead she's all "historic lighthouse, whateeeeverrrr." Confusing strategy.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Isn't Sam supposed to seem kind of intrigued? Instead she's all "historic lighthouse, whateeeeverrrr." Confusing strategy.

That would require Kelly to actually act and not phone in every scene.  UGH.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This Sam/Shiloh stuff is SO BORING. We already know he's OMG TEH EVUL, so kidnap Sam or whatever and move this story along. Gah. 

Any storyline Sam is involved in is epically boring. It’s the same shit over and over with her character. And Jason just adds to the repetitiveness. “Ur so strong and brave but ima follow u and save u EST. 2003” 

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

could not stop laughing at both Drew and Jason going blind. Cheesy soap goodness! I watched Drew hit Jordan about a dozen times.

Drew’s facial expressions had me on the floor. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Drew’s facial expressions had me on the floor. 

And Jason barely touching his forehead, like he was giving a salute. Did Burton not want to muss up his make-up?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And Jason barely touching his forehead, like he was giving a salute. Did Burton not want to muss up his make-up?

More of his half-ass acting? Like, I’m supposed to believe he would gracefully and slowly fall oh so lightly against that staircase? Ok, director. 

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

More of his half-ass acting? Like, I’m supposed to believe he would gracefully and slowly fall oh so lightly against that staircase? Ok, director. 

At first I was confused, thinking did the blow to his knees render him unconscious?? He didn't hit his head coming down!!

• LOL 1

Why are Laura and Kevin so helpless at trying to get out? Is it because the show wants to isolate them so they can finally share scenes together after years of apart?

They're in the boiler room, it's winter in Port Charles. Turn off the boiler and wait till someone comes down to see why the building is getting so cold.

It's kind of sweet how when Carly snarks at Ava, Ryan immediately goes to get the divorce paper signed.  If only her weren't a psychopathic  serial killer.

I lol'd at how little Jason trusts Sam's PI abilities that even with a wire on her, he still has to follow her. Monica knows Sam is with Shiloh, he'd be stupid to do anything to Sam.

I wonder if it is going to occur to those two geniuses that if Jason has gone blind, maybe Drew has too. No, not really wondering.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh that Robert told Sonny it would cause an international incident to get Dante out of Turkey, so what does Sonny do? Call Brick and have him cause an international incident. Sonny is such an infant.

Sonny and Jason are the bestest fathers ever.

If Lulu is okay without Dante, why does Sonny have to get him? To meet his new brother or sister?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if it is going to occur to those two geniuses that if Jason has gone blind, maybe Drew has too. No, not really wondering.

Well in the preview Sam is at the hospital with Shiloh and Drew/Borg both in hospital beds. I take it that Sam won't bother to check on the father of her unwanted daughter.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I lol'd at how little Jason trusts Sam's PI abilities that even with a wire on her, he still has to follow her. Monica knows Sam is with Shiloh, he'd be stupid to do anything to Sam.

I wonder. Does Sam feel as smothered by Jason as she allegedly did with Drew? Here's a phone to track you and here's a wire, and I'm here following you around. And here, let me listen to the conversation you're having and also pull my gun out.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

I keep waiting for Laura's years of marriage to Luke to pay off somehow in her ability to get away from Ryan, but no. Maybe she is lost without the bag she travelled to Port Charles with in 1993.

ETA: I couldn't resist:

Edited by threebluestars
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wonder. Does Sam feel as smothered by Jason as she allegedly did with Drew? Here's a phone to track you and here's a wire, and I'm here following you around. And here, let me listen to the conversation you're having and also pull my gun out.

But he doesn't make her sit at a desk and wear a skirt.  I mean, THAT would be monstrous.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Seriously. It's so infantilizing, which is TFGH, of course. Jasus forbid the wimmins have any sort of agency. 

• Love 3

Such a good point!  This also goes back to Spinelli putting a tracking device on her during her Swiss Miss adventure.

But yes big bad EVUL DREW never let her be herself, do what she wanted...was always hovering and not letting her be a braindead PEE EYE!

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Hater said:

Such a good point!  This also goes back to Spinelli putting a tracking device on her during her Swiss Miss adventure.

But yes big bad EVUL DREW never let her be herself, do what she wanted...was always hovering and not letting her be a braindead PEE EYE!

So Sam's life of choice is a to have a tracker on her and a Strong, Brave Mobster telling her what to do and saving her from independence.

No wonder she suspicious of Dawn of Day  -- she might grow a spine and become independent.

• Love 4

This is all just sadly amusing to me. Because if I didn't know how awful the writing of this show is, I'd almost fool myself into believing that this is intentional on the writers part to show that the relationship is shit.

But nope, we all know it's to push their great love story and hell, I'm sure the shippers are buying it so whatever. And this is why I moseyed right on out as soon as Burton popped back up. Because we all knew where this would inevitably go. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

This is all just sadly amusing to me. Because if I didn't know how awful the writing of this show is, I'd almost fool myself into believing that this is intentional on the writers part to show that the relationship is shit.

But nope, we all know it's to push their great love story and hell, I'm sure the shippers are buying it so whatever. And this is why I moseyed right on out as soon as Burton popped back up. Because we all knew where this would inevitably go. 

BTS clearly made this whole thing worse that is had to be and continues to be (scenes say it all imo) but of course he was going to win. Burton lines his pockets by becoming the biggest JaSam fan when he use to beg for Herbst back in the day while Monaco continues to ignore and not acknowledge the fanbase. 

They're a complete joke and it's never going to end. The pairing itself. All three actors.  Frank. Varni.  Everyone.  JaSam is a complete scam from top to bottom.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. It's so infantilizing, which is TFGH, of course. Jasus forbid the wimmins have any sort of agency. 

I don't think even Guza was this bad. And actually, even with the baby rabies and all the women losing their jobs - RC might not've been either.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think even Guza was this bad. And actually, even with the baby rabies and all the women losing their jobs - RC might not've been either.

Maybe it's Frank and not the writers.

40 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Say what you will about RC, he could at least move plots along.

• Love 2

Shiloh: "Let me take you to an unknown, deserted location at night."

Sam: "Cool!  Let's go!  It beats looking after my kids."

Too stupid to live.

I wonder if Jason survived his fall?  Oh, there he is in the previews, propped up in a hospital bed.  They even took away his leather jacket, poor woobie.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Shiloh: "Let me take you to an unknown, deserted location at night."

Sam: "Cool!  Let's go!  It beats looking after my kids."

Too stupid to live.

I wonder if Jason survived his fall?  Oh, there he is in the previews, propped up in a hospital bed.  They even took away his leather jacket, poor woobie.

I like when she said to Shiloh "i have kids I need to let their grandmother know where i am"  Bitch, please!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why does the show do this? At least let the cliffhanger last longer than 20 seconds. Of course Jason will survive, but COME ON.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

The Fluke plot begs to differ. RC/FV were terrible at pacing, they were bad at it on OLTL too. 

I don't know whether he's better at it on his own. I don't really watch DOOL

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Previews...Carly co-opting Jason's medical emergency to tell him about her pregnancy - which she should not be doing because it's high-risk and she can't be out of the first trimester yet - is such textbook Carly narcissism, it should be taught in universities.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...Carly co-opting Jason's medical emergency to tell him about her pregnancy - which she should not be doing because it's high-risk and she can't be out of the first trimester yet - is such textbook Carly narcissism, it should be taught in universities.

I legit love this about Carly, and I legit love how LW plays it. It's so astoundingly self-involved, and Carly expects everyone to congratulate/commiserate/act as she wants them to (depending on what she's telling).

• Love 3

I'm actually enjoying the show. I love that Drew has multiple friendships on the canvas with Friz and Curtis. 

I'm sorry Ryan will eventually have to go but I am relishing the fallout when Ava finds out she's been sleeping with the enemy all this time.

I like Julian and Kim and want to see a conflict with Alexis although I could accept her new psychologist. 

I am a Drew fan first and foremost and I like how he is the voice of reason. I wanted him with Margaux because I followed Billy over from Y&R and was a Chilly fan. Right now he's in limbo and I like that he's chilling on the relationship front so when he does get someone new it won't be considered a rebound for him.

Forgot to add: I'm glad the writers tied the twin story to all the twins on the show. For once it felt like an interesting twist and I pray Peta is NOT Anna's son.

Edited by Thinbalina
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

eehhhh by taking giant leaps along at a time. and not by the time he was fired.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I legit love this about Carly, and I legit love how LW plays it. It's so astoundingly self-involved, and Carly expects everyone to congratulate/commiserate/act as she wants them to (depending on what she's telling).

Jason's face was a struggle one, so hopefully he doesn't go straight to "congratulations!" If she's gonna be pregnant, everybody better have the same "oh, uh, great" reaction. Bobbie's reaction should be your brother is a doctor and I'm a nurse and you GOT OFF THE PILL?? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Thank God -- I thought that was just me.

Was she calling Elizabeth "Biz"? If so, definitely not just you. Some people call her Liz (maybe that is what her friend actually said and I heard wrong?) and I remember Sarah called her Lizzy.

The crying and screaming scene in the car really makes me miss the GNOs with Robin, Emily, Laney, Dr. Lee. Elizabeth used to smile, laugh, and have a good time with real friends who have a history on this show. Whatever this Terry person says has zero emotional impact due to lack of background info and connections (being Oscar's doc doesn't count IMO). 

• Love 2

I enjoyed today’s show. Yes, there was a lot of ham and more than a little cheese, but I don’t expect high quality art from GH. All I want is some soapy goodness and for things to HAPPEN, and today I got both.  

It looks like Anna was given false memories of being Peter’s mom, which is a good thing. (Good for her character, that is, as it means no gross Faison coupling.) I’m not even sure it’s a retcon; it depends on how long this twin swap storyline has been brewing. I also liked the subtle reveal of Laura’s ignorance re. Kevin’s role in Ryan’s crimes. That means she can still hold him accountable. 

Today, I noticed nuJordan doing the same exaggerated mouth movements that LW often does. When Carly’s getting in someone’s face and emphasizing a point, her mouth has a tendency to open really wide, not just up and down, but at the sides as well. I call it Chicken Run Mouth. So the question is, who’s Ginger and who’s Babs? 

63DDAA1D-5692-4BBA-B2C8-F081C184D0DC.gif

11 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

What was Jason doing creeping up there with his gun out? Shiloh hadn't done anything wrong at that point. And there was no indication that he would soon. 

Jason's solution to every issue is to whip out his gun.  It's so aggressive and offensive.

Also, and I blame this mostly on KeMo's awful facial expressions, why was Sam looking at Shiloh as if Jason lying in a leather-shaped heap at the bottom of the steps was someone Shiloh's fault? 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, and I blame this mostly on KeMo's awful facial expressions, why was Sam looking at Shiloh as if Jason lying in a leather-shaped heap at the bottom of the steps was someone Shiloh's fault? 

I didn't get the plan at all.

Was Jason supposed to stalk her like that to the extent where he was just going to show up, or did Jason take it upon him to do that on his own?

I thought she looked back at Shiloh because Jason blew the plan to hell and Shiloh would be on to Sam now that Jason had shown up.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So if Jordan goes to the great police precinct in the sky, does that mean Franco has to stay locked up forever because there’s no one to corroborate the ‘plan’? That works for me!

That's what I asked for Thursday night.  But I can never have nice things, so I assume eventually Jordan recovers and exonerates the murder hobo.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

So if Jordan goes to the great police precinct in the sky, does that mean Franco has to stay locked up forever because there’s no one to corroborate the ‘plan’? That works for me!

2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

That's what I asked for Thursday night.  But I can never have nice things, so I assume eventually Jordan recovers and exonerates the murder hobo. 

Even if Jordan dies, Franco will still be cleared when Kevin and Laura manage to escape or are rescued. Plus Lulu is starting to have flashes of what really happened.

I wish I could care about the Jordan character but I am not feeling this recast nor do I feel any great chemistry with Curtis.  I mean it's Curtis, the best looking guy on the show.  This is the first time I've felt that he's had anti-chem with someone, and that's a shame.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, amaranta said:

Plus Lulu is starting to have flashes of what really happened.

I am looking forward to her realization that it wasn't Franco who stabbed her and it was Ryan who guided her to the false accusation. She can be as obnoxiously self-righteous as Carly, and it's so annoying to watch.

As always, the show has undercut itself by having Lulu be underwhelmed that Franco pleaded guilty.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I didn't get the plan at all.

Was Jason supposed to stalk her like that to the extent where he was just going to show up, or did Jason take it upon him to do that on his own?

I thought she looked back at Shiloh because Jason blew the plan to hell and Shiloh would be on to Sam now that Jason had shown up.

I thought that's what she wanted to get across too.  I didn't think she showed much worry over borg.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, amaranta said:

I wish I could care about the Jordan character but I am not feeling this recast nor do I feel any great chemistry with Curtis.  I mean it's Curtis, the best looking guy on the show.  This is the first time I've felt that he's had anti-chem with someone, and that's a shame.  

Co-sign this.  I love Curtis, but I don't think his chemistry with NuJordan is good.  He heated it up with Vinessa, but this recast falls flat for me. 

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I am looking forward to her realization that it wasn't Franco who stabbed her and it was Ryan who guided her to the false accusation. She can be as obnoxiously self-righteous as Carly, and it's so annoying to watch.

I am so ready for this.  Especially since she's been Lulu, Girl Reporter, her obnoxious streak is through the roof. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I am so ready for this.  Especially since she's been Lulu, Girl Reporter, her obnoxious streak is through the roof. 

Yeah, but then she will have to apologize to Franco. A man that once strapped her to a bomb because she was convenient. But thats right, its ok because he had a tumor and a bad childhood. I am not looking forward to the line of people that will be apologizing to this waste of script. It isn't like he apologized or verbalized much remorse for letting Seth think that his brother Tom was actively sexually prying on women again, even though Franco actually had Tom in a dog cage when Seth was looking for Tom, which led Seth, who came across as a fairly decent person, to kill his own brother and go to jail. Or that time he helped Nina kidnap a baby after she attacked Ava (who I don't even like), or any of the other sociopathic shit he has pulled  pre or post tumor. 

Was there a line of people that said that, "wow AJ, you totally didn't kill Kate!, I am sorry for blaming you." Nope, because the show would have to acknowledge that Ava is a cold blooded murderer and deserves her pain. Franco will get more justice in the end than AJ did his entire life so fuck Franco and his feelings. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 8