Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Why was Sam acting all accusatory and weird when Alexis told her she had a new therapist?  Kristina, too.  The irony that they constantly harangue Alexis for being all up in their business when they do the exact same thing to her. 

• Love 9

This Dawn of Day storyline is moving at a snail's pace.  I thought the purpose of a cult was to brainwash its members and isolate them from everyone else in society. So far, Shiloh has succeeded in getting Kristina to think he's the best thing since sliced bread, but she comes and goes as she pleases. She still interacts and is close to her family. I don't see why Sam and Jason need to rescue her...at least not yet.

• Love 7

Who is Spencer and why is he roaming around alone? Isn't he kind of young for that? And did he really make it so Laura won the Mayor's race? Who was she running against?

Baby Wiley has the most beautiful smile! I loved his grin at Willow.

24 minutes ago, gibasi said:

Who is Spencer and why is he roaming around alone? Isn't he kind of young for that? And did he really make it so Laura won the Mayor's race? Who was she running against?

Baby Wiley has the most beautiful smile! I loved his grin at Willow.

Spencer is Nikolas's son and, yes, he's too young to be roaming around alone but the show treats him like some sort of precocious savant, so it's ok.  He inserted some sort of virus into the voting machines at the election back in November and it was discovered, so all results were voided and a new election was held in January, which Laura won despite only being back in town a few months and having a barely-there campaign (she ran against Ned).

And, yes, Wiley is adorable.  The bow tie and suspenders completed the 'little old man' look bald babies excel at.

• Love 1

A jailhouse wedding literally through the bars that Liz has to practically beg Franco to go through with that's only attended by Drew is exactly what this trash couple deserves.  I mean, good for their fans.

And there it is, Carly's pregnant.  Welcome to the Hellmouth.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

A jailhouse wedding literally through the bars that Liz has to practically beg Franco to go through with that's only attended by Drew is exactly what this trash couple deserves.  I mean, good for their fans.

A rape survivor married a rape facilitator / sexual assaulter on the anniversary of her own rape, through prison bars where he is accused of murdering multiple people and attacking the aunt of his fiancée's children, ordained by the man that has first-hand (second-hand?) memories of what Franco did to hurt his nephew and his ex-wife in the worst possible ways. Only a few days after Liz learned the irrefutable truth that Franco's presence in their lives is causing her oldest son literal physical harm.

How is any of this romantic, and how are you supposed to support this if you are a Liz fan?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hoping for a tock.  I'd take dozens of scenes of MB trying to squeeze out a tear over 9 months of "this is our miracle baby to replace Morgan" bullshit.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Hater said:

Wow these valentine scenes. No words. None of these couples spark.

Relatedly, Ned/Olivia being shoved in around "core" couples like Sonny/Carly, Jason/Sam, and Franco/Liz fortells doom, IMO.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Isn't Carly like 50 by now?

I think so. GH is truly creatively bankrupt. Sonny and Carly are the second sex partners to get pregnant when they are grandparents (yes, I know Carly doesn't realize Michael's "godson" is actually his real son/her grandson). The first were Julian (grandson Danny) and Olivia (grandson Rocco) when Leo was conceived.  But wait - Avery is about 4, is Rocco older? So is this actually Sonny's second time to father a kid when he's a grandfather? Ughhhh.

I'm so glad I missed today's show. I will NOT watch Elizabeth, a rape survivor, go to the jail *on the anniversary of her rape* to marry Franco who is guilty of sexual assault of Sam, regardless of his guilt or innocence in these crimes. Becky Herbst deserves sooooo much better. 😞

Sounds like an awful Valentine's episode.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

Everything about Liz and Franco's relationship has paved the way for this moment: her marrying him while he's a prisoner, without her boys present, and with Drew really only there out of obligation. This solidifies that Franco is Liz's number one priority, and she doesn't care about anyone else's feelings, including her sons'. What does it even matter that Franco's innocent this time, when Liz would defend him to the death regardless?

So Carly is pregnant. Why, GH, fucking why do Sonny and Carly need another kid? WHY?? W H Y??? WHY????

Never noticed before that Jason's apartment number is 6. That's actually kind of clever, and yes, that's what I'm choosing to focus on instead of Sam's schmaltzy whisper-voiced pillow talk. God, today sucked.

• Love 11

Barf, barf, barf.

I think I was supposed to have the feels for these couples but I don't care about Ned and Olivia (although they were the best of the couples) and CarsSon and JaSam need to die. Am I supposed to think it's cute that Jason doesn't know the word "florist"?

Why doesn't Monica just sue for custody of Danny? Sam and Jason never seem to care about him.

Poor Drew is now reduced to marrying Liz and Franco in jail.

Why did Anna give in to the doctor's demands? He would have folded soon enough, he can't work if he's blind.

On the plus side, I really liked Liz's dress and LLC has a smoking hot body.

38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think so. GH is truly creatively bankrupt. Sonny and Carly are the second sex partners to get pregnant when they are grandparents (yes, I know Carly doesn't realize Michael's "godson" is actually his real son/her grandson). The first were Julian (grandson Danny) and Olivia (grandson Rocco) when Leo was conceived.  But wait - Avery is about 4, is Rocco older? So is this actually Sonny's second time to father a kid when he's a grandfather? Ughhhh.

I remember when Alexis and Sonny had their ONS and the CarSon fans were all "Ewww, it's like watching your parents make love." I wonder what they'll say about these grandparents now? Probably how romantic it is that they're still together.

This show really doesn't need another baby, especially one that doesn't drive any kind of storyline.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I remember when Alexis and Sonny had their ONS and the CarSon fans were all "Ewww, it's like watching your parents make love." I wonder what they'll say about these grandparents now? Probably how romantic it is that they're still together.

And they joked about how Alexis/NLG was "too old" to be pregnant, but LW is older than she was when she had Kristina.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

On the plus side, I really liked Liz's dress and LLC has a smoking hot body.

i was surprised to see Ned and Olivia, maybe LLC lobbied so she could show off her hot body.  Ned is no slouch either for his age,  I was happy to see them, what choices do we have?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Spencer is Nikolas's son and, yes, he's too young to be roaming around alone but the show treats him like some sort of precocious savant, so it's ok.  He inserted some sort of virus into the voting machines at the election back in November and it was discovered, so all results were voided and a new election was held in January, which Laura won despite only being back in town a few months and having a barely-there campaign (she ran against Ned).

And, yes, Wiley is adorable.  The bow tie and suspenders completed the 'little old man' look bald babies excel at.

I wonder why Spencer hasn’t been aged. He was born three years before Josslyn who is already a teenager and two years after Cameron who is also a teeanger now.

Wow, Jason, could you be more grudging about wanting to spend Valentine's Day with Sam?

I loved the reminder of Olivia's drunk dialing when she wanted to adopt all the dogs from the shelter. That was definitely a highlight of LiLoC's tenure on the show. WK needs a haircut—that length isn't the most flattering for him.

Then we get this: "Uh...who are you calling?" "The animal shelter, obviously." Hee.

Of course Shiloh has to have OMG TEH EVUL in his past, he can't just be a greedy cult leader. 

Did Spinelli fly into Port Charles just to spend 10 minutes talking to Jason, or has he been here all along?

Really, Jason? "The flower lady"? I don't find that charming or amusing, I find that eye-rollingly stupid.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've seen reports that

she actually has ovarian cancer.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I've seen reports that

Hide contents

she actually has ovarian cancer.

Noooooo!

Spoiler

I don't want to have to feel sorry for her. Maybe it didn't work with Ferncliffe and ECT so they're trying this.

I'm glad Drew is living in Monica's house so at least Scout gets to see a parent from time to time. I wonder if Danny dictated "I love you Daddy" on the card in an attempt to get Jason to pay attention to him.

Can anyone tell me why Carly can't go to the Azores if she's pregnant? It's not like she'd be searching for the mouth of the Nile.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Can anyone tell me why Carly can't go to the Azores if she's pregnant? It's not like she'd be searching for the mouth of the Nile.

I know. It's not like Carly is a week away from giving birth. And I'm pretty sure she hasn't seen a doctor yet (poor Kim!), so it's not as if she's had medical advice to take it easy because she's a high-risk geriatric patient (in the context of being pregnant).

• Love 3

Okay, I vote for no pregnancy but menopause for Carly. They may try to sell us “peri-menopause” but that girl ain’t having no more babies. Please, writers. DO NOT WRITE AN OVARIAN CANCER STORY LINE. It would be so poorly done and won’t help anyone watching. Just let Carly have menopause like all of the rest of us.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

OG Carly SB is only 43.  TB is 47, LW is 48.

Okay but my comment had nothing to do with the actress herself. It was based on how long the character of Carly has been around and my belief that she has to be near 50 by this point. Carly was in her late 20's far as I assume, when the character first showed up in the early, mid-90's, That was more than 20 years ago. 

• Love 1

"I'm a really lucky woman" said with as much passion as getting a prostate exam.

So romantic with these two dead eyed true wuvs staring at each other.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 7.27.49 PM.png

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Spinelli fly into Port Charles just to spend 10 minutes talking to Jason, or has he been here all along?

And apparently, his flight back to Portland utilizes the wormhole since it was evening when he was ready to leave Port Chuck, Portland is at probably at least a 5-hour direct flight away, and he was saying he wasn't going to leave Ellie alone on V. Day Getting home a minute before midnight doesn't count. 

45 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Okay but my comment had nothing to do with the actress herself. It was based on how long the character of Carly has been around and my belief that she has to be near 50 by this point. Carly was in her late 20's far as I assume, when the character first showed up in the early, mid-90's, That was more than 20 years ago. 

I looked it up. Carly first appeared on GH in 1996, 23 years ago. Assuming she had to be at least 20, since she she had a little bit of life behind her before she came to town and enrolled in the nursing program in the hospital, she could be 43.

Edited by rur
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

She was actually in here early twenties. Then and still, not only is it hard to have biological children with help, as others have mentioned, not either half of CarSon should be getting anymore kids. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And they joked about how Alexis/NLG was "too old" to be pregnant, but LW is older than she was when she had Kristina.

Right now she is about the same age when Alexis had Molly.

• Love 1

Carson pregnancy, just reminds me of the Julexis stans going crazy over Alexis possibly being pregnant in 2016.   Didn't stop him from putting a knife to her throat but they ate it up.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Liz and Franco holding hands through prison bars was so not romantic.  The only way they could have made it worse would be the guard yelling "NO TOUCHING" in the middle of their vows.

I guess at least it made sense since he's in prison...can't be too romantic.  The whole show was horrible in terms of romance.  When these couples have zero spark or chemistry, it's difficult to generate anything. While I have no use for Friz, I think RH/BH are good together but today I just wasn't feeling it between them and it's probably the set up more than anything, but the whole show was stale.  These couples are tired (Jacrap have barely been together romantically and it's already tragically bad).  GH doesn't get it.

I didn't get to see Olivia and Ned but I guess they were the only good part of the show.

Drew being reduced to the ultimate prop is my biggest issue right now.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Because Frank became enamored of Nicolas Bechtel, who's played Spencer since they SORASed him from a toddler.

During that awful Nikolas/Elizabeth/Lucky triangle and then the storyline(s) involving baby Aiden, there was a nice, quiet brunette boy (about 6 years old?) who played Spencer. While Aiden was still an infant,  for closure, Nikolas decided to leave Port Charles and start a new life abroad with Spencer.   Bechtel was cast as Spencer when Nikolas returned to Port Charles with him, and then the awful kiddie storyline started with Spencer wanting Brooke Lynn's Emma to be his girlfriend. Nikolas got involved with Britt (who had Ben - aka Rocco) and he and Britt totally indulged Spencer.

I think it would be nice to get that (now older) brunette boy back as Spencer. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hater said:

"I'm a really lucky woman" said with as much passion as getting a prostate exam.

So romantic with these two dead eyed true wuvs staring at each other.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 7.27.49 PM.png

I know this is Burton. (Maybe try a serum)but when I first looked at it I couldn't decide if it was Mo or SBu.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1