Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

...is it just me or did everything that Franco was saying in the therapy session with Ryan today - talking about the fun he had staging the murder scenes, the love of the spectacle, etc. - kinda invalidate all the "It was the tumor, the tumor is what Franco made doing SERIAL KILLER-y things, just the tumor, that's it!" screaming the show has been doing for eons?

Robert not being here for Sonny today was hot.

• Love 13

Kevin Collins is a man that immediately referenced Jake to another doctor and wouldn't violate his professional ethics and testify at Charlotte's custody hearing because of the conflict of interest that came with his personal relationship with their grandmother, and Jordan is encouraging him to treat his stepdaughter, disregarding the misgivings of Lulu's mother. Why must the PCPD be written as so inept all the time?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So that Sonny and/or Jason can save the day; to prolong a dumb story even more.

At this point I don't even care about this story anymore. It has gone on entirely too long and everyone is being made to look dumb, including Laura and all that know Kevin.

• Love 2

God I hope Shiloh is for real and makes Sam realize how horrible Jason is for her, and then she falls for Shiloh but Shiloh is into Alexis!!!  Poor sweet little Sam and St Jason are just so gross it is hard to watch.

• Love 17

Why didn't Shiloh check Scam for a pulse?

ZzzZzzZzzzZzzzZ

Dumb and Dumber Leather Twins. whispering even lower at GH. Insufferable.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7

I think I'm going to have give GH a pass until this Ryan/Kevin story wraps up.   The stupid just is too much to bear.   It's obvious that Ryan is going to plant Franco's words into Lulus mind and she'll name Franco as her attacker.   I'll be happy if I'm wrong.   

• Love 5
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Kevin Collins is a man that immediately referenced Jake to another doctor and wouldn't violate his professional ethics and testify at Charlotte's custody hearing because of the conflict of interest that came with his personal relationship with their grandmother, and Jordan is encouraging him to treat his stepdaughter, disregarding the misgivings of Lulu's mother. Why must the PCPD be written as so inept all the time?

Laura and Lulu literally tell Jordan that Kevin has been acting oddly for months (around the time that the murders began). She knows that killer is somehow connected to Mary (worked with Kevin), Kiki (daughter of woman Kevin is seeing),  film producer doing documentary on Ryan (his brother) and Lulu (soon to be stepdaughter). They think that the serial killer is a copycat killer like Ryan. And it has been stated that Kevin has a severe breakdown where he was acting like Ryan.

Why isn't Jordan at least tracking Kevin's movement to see if he had alibis for all those murders the way that they are doing for Franco.

She doesn't have to believe that Kevin is Ryan, but he has been acting suspicious and that should merit a closer look.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sas616 said:

It's obvious that Ryan is going to plant Franco's words into Lulus mind and she'll name Franco as her attacker.   I'll be happy if I'm wrong.   

I'd be happy if that meant it'd get RoHo/Franco off my screen for a while. Maybe he could go back to Canada on the run, never to be seen again.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Robert not being here for Sonny today was hot.

If only more people were like that.

Did Sam really pat herself on the back for successfully stealing a boatload of cash from unsuspecting men? Just because she did it for her brother with special needs? And Jason told Kristina basically the same thing! This, in a nutshell, is the basic, fatal flaw of GH. If someone does something for a perceived good reason, hey, it's all fine!

Ava! Hire your own freakin' detectives if you're so unhappy with how the PCPD is handling Lauren's murder! Every minute you're haranguing someone on the PCPD is a minute they can't be working on the case.

LOL that Anna said Sonny doesn't wave his criminality in her face.

I really want Shiloh to be legit and Sam and Jason have to eat a ton of crow, but of course that won't happen.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Laura and Lulu literally tell Jordan that Kevin has been acting oddly for months (around the time that the murders began). She knows that killer is somehow connected to Mary (worked with Kevin), Kiki (daughter of woman Kevin is seeing),  film producer doing documentary on Ryan (his brother) and Lulu (soon to be stepdaughter). They think that the serial killer is a copycat killer like Ryan. And it has been stated that Kevin has a severe breakdown where he was acting like Ryan.

Why isn't Jordan at least tracking Kevin's movement to see if he had alibis for all those murders the way that they are doing for Franco.

She doesn't have to believe that Kevin is Ryan, but he has been acting suspicious and that should merit a closer look.

At what point does it happen that Jordan and the PCPD's lack of action and follow-up puts blood on their hands because they are enabling a murderer?

• Love 2

You know the fallout from this will be minimal for everyone except Ava, who somehow should have recognized that she was sleeping with Ryan, a man she's never met, not Kevin.

That's a huge problem with this story. Too many people have played a unsuspecting supporting role in all of this, and few if any of them will face consequences. Oh, sure, Jordan and others will be sad about it, but nothing will change. Meanwhile, Ava will be mocked and sneered at. I don't like Ava, but she was duped along with everyone else.

• Love 4

Did anyone else notice that all the gravestones at the cemetery were completely blank? No names or any kind of writing on them at all, just a bunch of polished rocks sticking out of the earth. So I guess not only does the writing staff suck, the prop/set design staff also needs to be fired.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Sam really pat herself on the back for successfully stealing a boatload of cash from unsuspecting men? Just because she did it for her brother with special needs? And Jason told Kristina basically the same thing! This, in a nutshell, is the basic, fatal flaw of GH. If someone does something for a perceived good reason, hey, it's all fine!

Ugh, for real.  And Sam (and Jason) cannot comprehend that someone could see their life was taking a bad turn and take steps to change because they can never see that they are shit people who do shitty things and SHOULD change.   I know it'll never happen because Sam/Jason, but I would love it if Shiloh was actually on the up and up and they were wrong.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

At what point does it happen that Jordan and the PCPD's lack of action and follow-up puts blood on their hands because they are enabling a murderer?

Jordan was so annoying today.  Now that she's zoned in on Franco, there's no stopping her.  And when she's wrong the only blowback she'll get is any time she goes after Sonny or Jason they'll proclaim how wrong she was about that, hence she's always wrong.  Because Sonny/Jason.

• Love 6

Did anyone else notice that all the gravestones at the cemetery were completely blank? No names or any kind of writing on them at all, just a bunch of polished rocks sticking out of the earth. So I guess not only does the writing staff suck, the prop/set design staff also needs to be fired.

Hands off the prop/set design staff please.  One can only imagine how much of a budget is left for props/sets after paying the salaries for the bloated cast. During most scenes involving morally bankrupt characters such as Jason or Sonny or Carly and now - Sam again, I check out the props/set design.  Yesterday, I found myself appreciating the color/design of the fabric on the two chairs in Anna's living room.  However, the walls in the Metro Court need work. 

Ugh, for real.  And Sam (and Jason) cannot comprehend that someone could see their life was taking a bad turn and take steps to change because they can never see that they are shit people who do shitty things and SHOULD change.

I wish Jason would go back to blinking instead of providing philosophical musings. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Did anyone else notice that all the gravestones at the cemetery were completely blank? N

Unless you're the sained Morgan Corinthos, you do not get anything on your gravestone.  How dare you request that of mere mortals like Lauren Katherine Jerome.  (Having said that sarcastically, I will say that a lot of times there is a wait between the fake and the final stone.   when my father passed, we had a blank stone in his spot for a while before the official stone was completed, with the words, and placed at the site.  I'm fanwanking it that Ava just hasn't gotten around to gettin the official stone yet).  

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I'm fanwanking it that Ava just hasn't gotten around to gettin the official stone yet

I could see her having another ceremony when she gets it. It would give her another chance to rant and rail against the killer. (Who at that point still won't be caught, of course, so viewers are flattened by all the IRONY.)

• Love 2

Sam has no regrets about her criminal activity, cuz it was all for her brother. Uh huh. Just how many millions of dollars does it take to keep one young man in a group home? I'm guessing not the MANY millions Sam took from all those men. So fucking stupid. And her saying "that was all I knew how to do." Um, so getting a fucking job never crossed your mind? 

Team Shiloh all the way!!

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

And her saying "that was all I knew how to do." Um, so getting a fucking job never crossed your mind? 

She didn't have a college education. Scamming was the only viable career open to her.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Anna said Sonny doesn't wave his criminality in her face.

It makes Anna look so pathetic.

It's such a glaring sop to Sonny. She also used the "Robin loves him" excuse, which, while annoying, has a bit more traction. I guess only rarely recurring characters like Robert are allowed to find Sonny reprehensible and not get skewered for it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Alas, the PCPD has decades of ineptitude so now should not be any different.

Bored beyond reckoning with the current storylines.  The Kevin/Ryan story is more than enough to make me grab the remote to fast forward through all segments involving this story.  Now we have Franco drawn in as a scapegoat suspect because the police department is totally out of its league AGAIN.  

I think I am going to go on hiatus from the show for a while until the current stories are over.  It is just not worth my time to watch any more.

Alas, the PCPD has decades of ineptitude so now should not be any different.

Bored beyond reckoning with the current storylines.  The Kevin/Ryan story is more than enough to make me grab the remote to fast forward through all segments involving this story.  Now we have Franco drawn in as a scapegoat suspect because the police department is totally out of its league AGAIN.  

I think I am going to go on hiatus from the show for a while until the current stories are over.  It is just not worth my time to watch any more.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's such a glaring sop to Sonny. She also used the "Robin loves him" excuse, which, while annoying, has a bit more traction. I guess only rarely recurring characters like Robert are allowed to find Sonny reprehensible and not get skewered for it.

Sonny's relationship with Robin is a shield I am so sick of.  I think that expired once he shot her in her own home and/or when he killed one of her friends.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think that expired once he shot her in her own home and/or when he killed one of her friends.

It should have but didn't, because the gift of Sonny's friendship is not one to lightly throw away. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She didn't have a college education. Scamming was the only viable career open to her.

To be more specific, she did not even have a high school diploma as I still remember from years ago when Sam was toting around that book studying for her GED. In fact, I don't think we ever did find out if she passed or not.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Well, I gotta hand nu-Jordan credit. She is selling me on the incompetence of the PCPD, starting with the police commissioner.

I really do not like this actress.

So Aiden is going to be a figure skater?

Why would Jason tell blabber mouth Carly about the "plan"

Kevin's grin when Lulu "remembered" Franco was like Ralphie's grin on A Christmas Story when he was launching the plan to get his mom to buy the BB gun, hilarious

1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Edited by Blackie
ETA and fix double posting
  • Love 3

How are the producers and the parents of the kid who is playing Aiden explaining to the boy that just because Aiden is being bullied for liking traditionally girly things and is being called gay, doesn't mean that boys who like these things are gay. Even though we, the viewers, are being given every expectation that Aiden will be gay.

This has to be a very difficult story to explain to the child actor. 

I think I'd prefer it if we weren't being blasted with stereotypes regarding Aiden's likes/dislikes. 

• Love 8

"Elizabeth has three boys, whom I love dearly, and you're telling me that they might be living with a serial killer?" Ain't no might about it, Laura, Franco's been a serial killer for as long as Liz's known him. No amount of TUMOR MADE ME DO IT defense can erase the lives he laid waste to, which is why I refuse to feel bad that Ryan's framing him. Franco admitted yesterday that human lives were nothing more than a commodity for him to pervert for his own amusement, and now Ryan's showing him what it feels like to be on the other side. At least Franco is still breathing and will get a chance to prove his innocence, unlike his victims.

I find it funny that Lulu still can't get anything right, though. Shitty journalism aside, she did make a legit breakthrough about the Chamberlain murders only to inadvertently tip her hand to Ryan, and get stabbed and suffer traumatic memory loss for her trouble. And now apparently she has a mind as malleable as Play-Doh, for as easily as she responded to Ryan's hypnosis. Girlfriend is gonna need a stiff drink and some extended quiet time once she finally realizes what's up.

Edited by Linny
Catching a typo feels like winning the lottery every time
  • Love 8

Oh gawd, Dr. Obrecht offering Carly condolences (she would never!) and accidentally letting slip that she's met Nelle (she would never!) and it pinging Carly and Jason's suspicions was sooooooo contrived.  That's really the only way the writers could think of to start unraveling the swap?  And of course, jamming Carly and Jason into the middle of it instead of (GASP!) letting Michael or Lucas figure it out.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, Dr. Obrecht offering Carly condolences (she would never!) and accidentally letting slip that she's met Nelle (she would never!) and it pinging Carly and Jason's suspicions was sooooooo contrived.  That's really the only way the writers could think of to start unraveling the swap?  And of course, jamming Carly and Jason into the middle of it instead of (GASP!) letting Michael or Lucas figure it out.

Well Jason has to do something while Scam is conning Shank!  And Carly comes along for the ride I guess In between worrying about Mike and her new friendship with Laura?  Maybe they will stumble upon a cure for Oscar too! And then figure out Kevin is Ryan.... then the show is done and can be canceled with everything in a nice neat bow! 

• Love 2

Jason and Carly talking about Jason's sex life just squicks me out.  no1-smiley.gif

Maxi asking Peter to hire his torturer was a bit much. I find her annoying lately and that makes me sad. Putting her with Peter is not going to help.  

• Love 4
On 2/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, dubbel zout said:

Not to mention his amazing cortados. Even though he's not using Corinthos Coffee anymore.

Where is this amazing picture from?! @ulkis is right that Luke wouldn't have a problem. I think he was one of the first adults to support Lucas when he came out. They had some nice conversations.

Sorry if unclear. I didn't mean he would have a problem with Aiden's orientation. But he likes those butch nicknames.

• Love 1

Has there been any indication that Aiden is gay other than the activities he likes and that Charlotte and the kids in his class were bullying him? The adults haven't said anything to Aiden, no, but by reading the books and having discussions and manipulating situations to have Aiden run into their gay friends, aren't Elizabeth and Franco doing some form of what they/the show admonished the children for?

• Love 3

What's in it for Sasha to pretend to be Nina's daughter? Is Valentin paying off her student loans or something? She needs to ask for more money.

"Ugh, I was crazed with grief. It will not happen again." Hee. I loved how blasé that was from Liesl.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dr. Obrecht offering Carly condolences (she would never!) and accidentally letting slip that she's met Nelle (she would never!) and it pinging Carly and Jason's suspicions was sooooooo contrived. 

Liesl sneered both of those things because Carly wouldn't give her free food (fair enough, heh), but that to get the switch ball rolling is way too plot-pointy. But of course only Jason can solve the travails of the residents of Port Charles.

If Lulu had agreed that the hypnosis can be taped, doesn't that get around patient confidentiality laws? So dumb no one suggested that.

Elizabeth's face when Aidan said he wanted a baby brother or sister was very funny, and I loved how Franco kept her standing up. I also liked how hilariously overdone Brad was trying to show how being gay was so not a Big Deal. Everyone needs to make sure AIdan feels safe and then calm down and let whatever happens happen.

• Love 5

I wish the earth would open up and swallow Scam, borg, and slagbeast one of these days.  When Sonny repulses me less than those three...there's a problem.

Are they EVER going to do ANYTHING different with Liz and Franco?  This stuff is beyond tired.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Lulu had agreed that the hypnosis can be taped, doesn't that get around patient confidentiality laws? So dumb no one suggested that.

Only if she also gave permission for the tapes to be shared.  She could also just give permission for Ryan/Kevin to reveal what she said.  Not that he would.  But, patient confidentiality can always be waived by the patient.

What would be awesome -- but won't happen -- is if Lulu secretly tucked her phone into her robe pocket in order to tape the session. Not necessarily out of distrust, but as a reporter instinct. But not only would that be too smart for her, but it would cut the Franco fakeout SL short. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

What would be awesome -- but won't happen -- is if Lulu secretly tucked her phone into her robe pocket in order to tape the session. Not necessarily out of distrust, but as a reporter instinct. But not only would that be too smart for her, but it would cut the Franco fakeout SL short. 

But of course that wouldn't happen because Girl Reporter has zero instincts or aptitude for the job.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Granted, I got my degree from the School of 48 Hrs and Dateline, but I swear hypnosis sessions are or can be taped.  Such bullshit.  I know we're never supposed to feel bad for Franco, but I do in this case and I LOATHE where this story is going.  And I still contend he does have a solid alibi for when Lulu was stabbed (making cupcakes with Jake and Aiden).

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Granted, I got my degree from the School of 48 Hrs and Dateline, but I swear hypnosis sessions are or can be taped.  Such bullshit.  I know we're never supposed to feel bad for Franco, but I do in this case and I LOATHE where this story is going.  And I still contend he does have a solid alibi for when Lulu was stabbed (making cupcakes with Jake and Aiden).

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

.  I know we're never supposed to feel bad for Franco, but I do in this case

I'm pretty sure that's the point. Poor innocent Gentle Farmer Franco is being accused of being a serial killer just because he's a SERIAL KILLER.

This is the second time they've done this. Maybe next time they can have a story where he's falsely accused of sexual assault just in case anybody's missed the point.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3