Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Why was Anna all pissy with Robert?

She's been that way for a long time.  Remember the face kick during the Monkey Virus fiasco?  Something she should have bestowed on Faison, not Robert.

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Jason has an accident that turns him back into Jason Quartermaine and he finishes med school. 

This right here is THE storyline I have been waiting for GH to do since maybe 3-5 years after they turned him a Sonny worshiping snoozefest!  Whenever I hear that the executive producer and/or head writer changes I think finally, we'll get this storyline and GH will return to some semblance of decency.  Why am I still watching and hoping for this 20 years later?!  

I don't mind Lulu, so I'm okay with her surviving.  But if Ryan kills Sonny, Carly, or Jason he will be my favorite character in the history of television! 

• Love 7

Jason has an accident that turns him back into Jason Quartermaine and he finishes med school. 

they flirted with that story-- during one of Jason's coma's (things you only say while talking about soaps)  I think Liz/Robin/Carly/Sam all envisioned what life would be like with Jason, I think Liz dreamt of him as Jason Q-- but he was a total asshole, because, of course, career criminal is the only noble profession *barf*.

Monaco is still not convincing me that Sam wants to be with Jason, but I guess it's par for the course.  All I can see is how she played the same exact scenes with Billy and they were far more emotional and she was far more present.

WELP!  GEEH will go down with this sinking ship.

"lose herself in love."  another slight to Drew. 

Edit: Her horrid "jazz hands" acting tic is back.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

they flirted with that story-- during one of Jason's coma's (things you only say while talking about soaps)  I think Liz/Robin/Carly/Sam all envisioned what life would be like with Jason, I think Liz dreamt of him as Jason Q-- but he was a total asshole, because, of course, career criminal is the only noble profession *barf*.

I'm not sure he was Jason Q again. I just remember the wheelchair

Wait, I'm confused, probably because I missed Friday.  But this Dr. Cabot guy.  Anna apparently met with him, but she doesn't recall, so that's gotta have been Alex.  But are they now saying Kevin met this dude, meaning Kevin did work for the WSB at some point?  Huh?  And I can't remember, did Kevin's dad on "Port Charles" work for the WSB, I remember he was some kind of spy.

This story with the cult could have been interesting (I keep imagining Kristina getting sucked in and Valerie - as a cop and eventually someone who cares about Kristina as more than a friend - investigating and trying to pull her out), but now that it's a Jason/Sam story, it's stupid and boring.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I want Hank to not have an evil scheme. Unless it's a clever one I guess. But so far I like him.

Yeah, it would have been great if Jason and Sam were 100% wrong about him.  But given Daisy - the obvious out if they wanted to go that way - confessed today, that possibility seems off the table.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Hater said:

Monaco is still not convincing me that Sam wants to be with Jason, but I guess it's par for the course.  All I can see is how she played the same exact scenes with Billy and they were far more emotional and she was far more present.

They literally are re-doing all of the exact same scenes Monaco/Miller did with Monaco/SBu. It's hilarious and the difference is incredible.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

They literally are re-doing all of the exact same scenes Monaco/Miller did with Monaco/SBu. It's hilarious and the difference is incredible.

It just shows how shitty Kelly and Burton are together these days, so I hope they keep doing it.  

I also hope Sam needs to do some nasty sex scenes with Shiloh so we can get the difference with that as well, should be hysterical.  BTW what a role model she is to Scout...as I was saying can Drew somehow get his daughter away from her skanky criminal mother?

Kim can adopt her or something.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

Of course Hank/Shiloh is evil. Jason's spidey sense detected it immediately! As always, the show completely botches things by not giving things time to develop. No, we have to know right away he's bad news, just so no one gets the idea Jason could possibly be hoodwinked. Ugh.

33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Shouldn't the first question Jordan asked Lulu was who attacked you?

You want competence from the PCPD? That left along with Dante.

• Love 3

Of course Hank/Shiloh is evil. Jason's spidey sense detected it immediately! As always, the show completely botches things by not giving things time to develop. No, we have to know right away he's bad news, just so no one gets the idea Jason could possibly be hoodwinked. Ugh.

35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

You want competence from the PCPD? That left along with Dante. (At least as far as the Jordan administration is concerned. The PCPD has been laughably bad ever since Guza decided Sonny could never get arrested, legitimate reasons or otherwise.)

37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

You want competence from the PCPD? LOL.

Also, I wonder again why I should root against Shiloh?  Sam CONNED his father.  Kristina joining a cult isn't enough for me to care because she's Kristina and she's stupid.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

Also, I wonder again why I should root against Shiloh?  Sam CONNED his father.  Kristina joining a cult isn't enough for me to care because she's Kristina and she's stupid.

It's on par with the writing. Shiloh flaunted his money and threw awesome high school parties. The horror!

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And also, Sam's solution is to do to Shiloh what she did to his dad?  Pretend she has romantic feelings for him so she can con him out of what she wants?

Really? This is what she's come up with? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.) *falls to floor in stupor*

giphy.gif

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Perkie said:

I ADORE Tristan.  He was my first soap crush when I was but a teen, but I don't want him here on a regular basis because it will mean having him pray at the altar of Sonny and Jason.  I much prefer these occasionaly drop ins where he;s helping Anna with a case.  And maybe the occasional visit with the Scorpio-Drake group.  Enough people (Anna included) have been sacrificed at the SaSon altar.  

Two of those four are medically related on a medical show.  So many others need to go before Finn and Kim.  

We can get Britt, Steven Lars, and Patrick's brother back. Finn and Kim have no ties and add absolutely nothing to the show. We never even see them do medical stuff. Finn is a part time spy and Kim is just, well...there.

42 minutes ago, Hater said:

The same way the show wanted us to root against Margaux even though Sonny killed her father and she was doing her job as the DA.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

This story with the cult could have been interesting (I keep imagining Kristina getting sucked in and Valerie - as a cop and eventually someone who cares about Kristina as more than a friend - investigating and trying to pull her out),

That would've been so soapy! I'll add that to the list of things that could've been infinitely better than this team's low-budget Guza approach

• Love 5

Jason to Sam: You can text me whenever you want. 

I guess it really is love. I'm pretty sure I saw KM throw up in her mouth when SBu was going on about how beautiful all Sam's various aspects are --um, wait, she has more than one? You can see her lips literally puff out like she's is having a bit of an internal heave. It was hilarious.

Ryan, I am really disappointed in you. Fucking get your serial killer shit together and get the job done! 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Jason to Sam: You can text me whenever you want. 

I guess it really is love. I'm pretty sure I saw KM throw up in her mouth when SBu was going on about how beautiful all Sam's various aspects are --um, wait, she has more than one? You can see her lips literally puff out like she's is having a bit of an internal heave. It was hilarious.

Ryan, I am really disappointed in you. Fucking get your serial killer shit together and get the job done! 

KM seems less out of it but that's not saying much. I am not convinced at all that she loves this man more than Drew. Anyone can go watch the old clips when Billy was Jason, she was way more active and awake in those "Jasus whispers sweet nothings to Sam" diatribes. 

Also part of me believes none of this shit coming from Burton's Jason.  Like none.  Last March, they wrote that he didn't even remember meeting her at the PCPD, now all of a sudden he does?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This story with the cult could have been interesting (I keep imagining Kristina getting sucked in and Valerie - as a cop and eventually someone who cares about Kristina as more than a friend - investigating and trying to pull her out), but now that it's a Jason/Sam story, it's stupid and boring.

This is the cult story I wanted to see.  And, for about 5 minutes, I thought that might be the story being told - especially after the writers shifted gears and actually gave Valerie POV in the scenes at Charlie's - the ones with the surprise kiss.  But, no, didn't happen - 'cause you know Jason and Sam have to have story.   Even if their scenes are a cure for insomnia.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Also part of me believes none of this shit coming from Burton's Jason.  Like none.  Last March, they wrote that he didn't even remember meeting her at the PCPD, now all of a sudden he does?

He stated a while back that he'd been taking cold showers. So . . . draw your own conclusions about his motivations.

• Love 3

I got to say outside of the hugs and "sweeties" "honeys" and physicality that isn't robotic, Burton is basically playing Billy's Jason.   That speech he let out today, has he ever talked that much since the 90s?

Too good.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hater said:

Oh, but Sam had a disabled brother she had to take care of all by herself!  And that man wasn't a kind man, so you know he totally had it coming.  How can anyone think Sam was wrong for what she did? I was interested in the cult storyline until Sam and Jason had to get involved.  Why do the writers insist on inserting the worst characters into every storyline?

I guess I just have a pervy mind, but I keep thinking about how she says that she ran this con regularly and I think about how many men she has been with without protection (since most husbands would be a bit suspicious if their wife asked them to condom up). Ick.

Why the cheese has no one called Dante?  I know he called Lulu and told her she might have a hard time contacting him for a while, but that was the night she was attacked.  I doubt he contacted her the second before he went off the grid.  Even if they don't recast, they could say he was called and that he was checking in or something.  The fact that no one has mentioned notifying her dad, brother, or husband is irritating.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why the cheese has no one called Dante?  I know he called Lulu and told her she might have a hard time contacting him for a while, but that was the night she was attacked.  I doubt he contacted her the second before he went off the grid.  Even if they don't recast, they could say he was called and that he was checking in or something.  The fact that no one has mentioned notifying her dad, brother, or husband is irritating.

Dante was mentioned. Laura asked Lulu if she wanted her to try and contact him, but Lulu said it might blow his cover.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Okay. I missed that. But that still means no one bothered while she was in surgery and fighting for her life. That makes no sense.

A lot of things don't make sense, like how Jordan didn't bother having cops at Lulu's door in case the serial killer came back to finish off his latest victim, or how Lulu remembers everything, except who stabbed her or how Jordan didn't start by asking her if she knew who tried to kill her, but decided to go on this really long interrogation about what she ate, how many times she used the bathroom during the day and if she a salad or a taco for lunch and if she put her left shoe on before she put the right one on in the morning. 

It's on par with the writing, really. No one tried to communicate with Lulu's husband and no one bothered sitting with Laura while her daughter was in surgery except for Sonny. 

Like where the fuck is Olivia? Shouldn't these idiots trot her out for this? She got married and disappeared off the canvas. Charlotte is a lot more important than Rocco, so we got to see her overact every scene she was in. 

This shit is half-assed. If the writers cared just a tiny bit about the familial connections that exist between the characters and exploited them to their fullest, maybe I wouldn't be rooting for half the canvas to be shanked by Ryan.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If the writers cared just a tiny bit about the familial connections that exist between the characters and exploited them to their fullest, maybe I wouldn't be rooting for half the canvas to be shanked by Ryan.

Relatedly, Lucy Coe STILL hasn't bust in to check on "Kevin" and check him about being with Ava?  I call shenanigans.

• Love 3

Day 16 & there still hasn't been a repeat in sequence order of the opening credits. Only Jason, Sam, & Sonny have made all 16 days. The rest are as follows:

15 - Carly - Franco

14 - Josslyn - Michael - Peter

13 - Alexis - Drew - Elizabeth - Finn - Jordan - Laura - Willow

12- Cameron - Kim

11- Anna - Kevin/Ryan- Nina

10- Ava - Curtis - Lulu - Maxie - Oscar

09- Chase

08- Julian

07- 

06-  Valentin

05- Griffin - Kristina

04- Mac - Scotty

03- Mike - Monica - Ned - Stella - Terry

02- Lucas - Margaux - Olivia - Spinelli

01- Bobby - Felicia

No Brad yet. I swear, if Daisy makes the credits... 😠

1 minute ago, backbiter said:

Day 16 & there still hasn't been a repeat in sequence order of the opening credits. Only Jason, Sam, & Sonny have made all 16 days. The rest are as follows:

15 - Carly - Franco

14 - Josslyn - Michael - [LWB/FS]

13 - Alexis - Drew - Elizabeth - [Dr. Michael Easton] - Jordan - Laura - Willow

12- Cameron - Kim

11- Anna - Kevin/Ryan- Nina

10- Ava - Curtis - Lulu - Maxie - Oscar

09- Chase

08- Julian

07- 

06-  Valentin

05- Griffin - Kristina

04- Mac - Scotty

03- Mike - Monica - Ned - Stella - Terry

02- Lucas - Margaux - Olivia - Spinelli

01- Bobby - Felicia

No Brad yet. I swear, if Daisy makes the credits... 😠

That Franco's been in it more than Liz and LWB/FS has been in it more than Maxie is everything that's wrong with this show.

And no Lucy?  But watch Brick or Chet make it in next time, ugh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hater said:

I got to say outside of the hugs and "sweeties" "honeys" and physicality that isn't robotic, Burton is basically playing Billy's Jason.   That speech he let out today, has he ever talked that much since the 90s?

Too good.

He talked for a good 40 seconds, but it was filled with the most generic writing, as usual. And can no one dating Sam ever say anything outside of starting with: “I looked at you and you’re so beautiful.” I mean, this time his overall point was better,  but it is so tired. We get it. She’s pretty. Move the hell on.

I think recasts are hard, I can’t lie. I rarely like a recast. I rarely like couples who have been recast. I don’t know if I’m in the minority in this opinion. But SBu could be playing Billy’s Jason but he would still feel more like Jason than Billy could ever portray.

Edited by HeatLifer
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

He talked for a good 40 seconds, but it was filled with the most generic writing, as usual. And can no one dating Sam ever say anything outside of starting with: “I looked at you and you’re so beautiful.” I mean, this time his overall point was better,  but it is so tired. We get it. She’s pretty. Move the hell on.

I think recasts are hard, I can’t lie. I rarely like a recast. I rarely like couples who have been recast. I don’t know if I’m in the minority in this opinion. But SBu could be playing Billy’s Jason but he would still feel more like Jason than Billy could ever portray.

I just find it ridiculous that apparently "stone cold" was going to return with Burton back and instead it's him re-doing Billy's scenes, talking a lot more and still dressed like a moron. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, Lucy Coe STILL hasn't bust in to check on "Kevin" and check him about being with Ava?  I call shenanigans.

That's because they always value the relationship of the moment more than the history. Ava is dating Kevin, therefore, there's no room for Kevin's other relationships. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Hater said:

I just find it ridiculous that apparently "stone cold" was going to return with Burton back and instead it's him re-doing Billy's scenes, talking a lot more and still dressed like a moron. 

Maybe SBu had to compromise? “We’ll let you wear the same leather jacket if you recite this SamFF fanfic about Jason taking Sam for granted. ‘Cause Billy’s game! Your move.”

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Spinelli = mute TV. 

I hoped for Alexis/Shiloh. It would've been terribly wrong and total kryptonite for coven daughters. Krissy's head would've blown open. Could've, would've, should've been fun.

I deserve a replacement serial killer. Ryan is a total failure. Jon Lindstrom is awesome, the writers are not.

Watching GH is making me sad. So many missed opportunities and so much waste of great actors.

Spinelli = mute TV. 

I hoped for Alexis/Shiloh. It would've been terribly wrong and total kryptonite for coven daughters. Krissy's head would've blown open. Could've, would've, should've been fun.

I deserve a replacement serial killer. Ryan is a total failure. Jon Lindstrom is awesome, the writers are not.

Watching GH is making me sad. So many missed opportunities and so much waste of great actors.

• Love 3

I am amused that everything they said they wanted Jason to be as played by Steve hasn't happened. He is just another version of Billy's Jason. Stone Cold is nowhere in the building and not only is Franco not dead by his hands, but he got help from him to save Carly. Which makes this the funniest shit ever to me cause some fans still give Drew hell for even talking to Franco, but are cool as hell with Sam being friends with Carly who was about to marry his ass.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Maybe SBu had to compromise? “We’ll let you wear the same leather jacket if you recite this SamFF fanfic about Jason taking Sam for granted. ‘Cause Billy’s game! Your move.”

I doubt he gives a shit.  All he sees is $$$.  If this was the Guza days, sure.  The character sucks either way. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Hater said:

I doubt he gives a shit.  All he sees is $$$.  If this was the Guza days, sure.  The character sucks either way. 

Actually, I think he does care. I used to go back-and-forth on this, but this time around? I don’t think he wanted to “lose” Jason’s main love interest. It’s all ego + knowing where his fan base mainly resides (with JaSam).

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Actually, I think he does care. I used to go back-and-forth on this, but this time around? I don’t think he wanted to “lose” Jason’s main love interest. It’s all ego + knowing where his fan base mainly resides (with JaSam).

Oh for sure. It's about money in the Jasam fanbase and his ego.  I take solace in the fact that his co star can barely purse up her lips and has him looking like this in love scenes though.   All hype, no execution.  Congrats, Steve!

<========

I just don't think he actually cares what Jason is doing/saying as long as he is "winning" and making money.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

I thought there was more liveliness between Sam and Jason today. Maybe their portrayers just had to get that first love scene out of the way and now they're less awkward.

I've seen some of Burton's work on Y & R and he was both peppier and capable of heart-wrenching stuff. He was also much leaner (in terms of muscles), so maybe "Bulky Burton" makes for more lethargic acting. 

I wish they wouldn't try to have it both ways with Jason -- that he's "stone cold" but also capable of passionate love and deep loyalty. Write him one way or another, Show!  

2 hours ago, paisley said:

Spinelli = mute TV.

God, he's so insufferable.  Nothing he did couldn't be done in Washington and relayed to Sam and Jason via Skype or a phone call.  But I guess BA needs to make rent, so...

Also, Laura was ragging on Jordan the other day about finding the killer and then today tries to shoo her away from questioning Lulu. 

• Love 4

Agree with those who say shoehorning Sam/Jason into this Shiloh story is the most boring take. Valerie saving Kristina would be better, Drew trying to piece together his past and getting suspicious of Shiloh/Hank would be better. (also, why are Drew and Jason so very very uninterested in the missing years of their lives!)

and for the record, GH writers, making veiled references to Brett Kavanaugh (Bolton Arms, really?) is not clever in the slightest.

Edited by sacrebleu
double post
  • Love 3