Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Upon the rewatch of the Friz wedding, Becky was fine....Roho was not meeting her in the scenes. But he never does anything for me anyway so maybe it was that.

Edited by Hater

All this talk about Carly’s age reminds me of a question I have about Sam... She was only about 21 or so when she arrived in PC, right? So how did she have time to do a bunch of marriage cons before that? Did all of those marriages last only a couple of months each, or was she a child bride? (In which case, Shiloh’s pedo dad would have deserved what he got.)

Today’s episode was, indeed, terrible. Which begs the question, which couples should they have focused on for a better Valentine’s Day episode? Joss and Oscar? Drew and Kim? Willow and Chase? Peter and Maxie? No, no, no, and no. This show has become a total chemistry-free zone. I can’t think of any couples I would have wanted to see today.  Maybe Ryan and Ava. But only if Ryan slipped away and killed someone, to break up the tedium.

• Love 6

So frustrating that Liz and Franco are married but hopefully marriage will be the first step toward the end of them because while I love my girl Liz I am pretty sure she has cheated on both guys she was married to before. Anyway, Becky always gives her all and it sucks that Liz got married to Franco not only on the anniversary of her rape but when she and Lucky exchanged vows in the chapel. And without her kids present! Just terrible. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wait, Liz married SERIAL KILLER?

Fucking Drew married them, so hopefully he completed his course incorrectly.

If I liked them I maybe would have found the vows kind of sweet but in general imo it was pretty lame. So thank you, show, I guess. And thankfully it did not include fucking Laura there smiling on, which was one of my main do not wants re: a friz wedding.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Fuck, so no Valentine's Day killing?

Carson and Jasam should not be shown making sexy time. Ever. puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

Shiloh finally pressing Christina for money for higher level courses. At least I can applaud this show for slagging Scientology.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Okay but my comment had nothing to do with the actress herself. It was based on how long the character of Carly has been around and my belief that she has to be near 50 by this point. Carly was in her late 20's far as I assume, when the character first showed up in the early, mid-90's, That was more than 20 years ago. 

I thought Carly was right out of high school when she arrived.  Didn't she briefly attend nursing school?

13 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

What about Jennifer Bransforf? 😂🤣😆

Now SHE is SWMNBN in my book. What a disaster of a recast that was.

4 hours ago, melody16 said:

So frustrating that Liz and Franco are married but hopefully marriage will be the first step toward the end of them because while I love my girl Liz I am pretty sure she has cheated on both guys she was married to before. Anyway, Becky always gives her all and it sucks that Liz got married to Franco not only on the anniversary of her rape but when she and Lucky exchanged vows in the chapel. And without her kids present! Just terrible. 

Did she cheat on Ric? I don't remember that, but that was right around when I first started watching so it easily could have happened and just didn't register with me.

9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Did she cheat on Ric? I don't remember that, but that was right around when I first started watching so it easily could have happened and just didn't register with me.

Was the Cameron-creating one-nighter with Xander during the marriage to Ric?  I can't remember either.

39 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought Carly was originally a physiotherapist. 

No, she switched for awhile from the nursing program to the PT program, but she never graduated from either.  To be fair, when your running cons and enacting revenge on people for supposed slights, there's not a lot of time to study.

My UO is that Liz/Franco getting married yesterday was the LEAST offensive thing that happened.  Jason and Sam are pathetic (and the worst parents ever; also, did DREW get a Valentine from Scout?  Sam having Scout "sign" Jason's card made me want to slap her), Ned and Olivia are just a non-entity to me, and Sonny and Carly?  There aren't enough words to describe how gross they are.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

OMG, you guys, that opening dream sequence!  Ryan putting the duck tape back on Carly's mouth after she started yapping

Both Sonny and Carly were tied up and gagged. Why was this only a dream sequence?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Was the Cameron-creating one-nighter with Xander during the marriage to Ric?  I can't remember either.

I think she was still legally married to Ric at the time. I don't know if the divorce was in progress.  What I remember seeing was Elizabeth sitting next to Zander at a bar, explaining that she found out Ric had held (pregnant) Carly prisoner in a panic room in their (her and Ric's) home. The marriage was over. Zander empathized, saying Emily chose Nik/Nik&Em were having sex. In their misery (maybe drunk?) they hooked up and conceived Cam. 

• Love 1

That dream sequence tells me that someone, maybe everyone, on the writing staff knows that there's a large swath of the audience that hates Sonny and Carly.  That someone or someones is my spirit animal.

And then they reminded us why we hate them with the rest of their scenes in their creatively bankrupt pregnancy story, including talk of Morgan.  UGH!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, melody16 said:

And in jail.

Did...did Sonny actually suggest that a new baby would remind Carly and him of Morgan, implying that this is a reason not to have the baby?  Or did I misunderstand that part of the conversation? Please tell me I got that wrong.

If it were anyone other than Carly and Sonny, I'd say good on GH for addressing family planning, and exploring the idea that sometimes, a monogamous couple with kids may not be thrilled with an unexpected pregnancy, and may want to explore all options. But since this is Carly and Sonny, their conversation was nothing more than a disingenuous attempt to pretend these two are somehow noble or considerate of anyone other than themselves. They strained really hard to feign self-reflection that gosh, all the love in the world can't negate that Sonny's a dangerous criminal, before diving back into their favorite topic of MORGAN MORGAN MORGAN. Morgan's significance to these two narcissists is that he carried their DNA (screw you Michael, I guess) and how could Carly turn down the chance to bring more Sonny spawn into the world? Honestly, I'm surprised the show made Carly's conception date NYE; I thought for sure they'd have her conceive later in January so that she'd be due in October around the anniversary of Morgan's death. Maybe that's a sign that (please, please) things won't work out with this pregnancy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Did...did Sonny actually suggest that a new baby would remind Carly and him of Morgan, implying that this is a reason not to have the baby?  Or did I misunderstand that part of the conversation? Please tell me I got that wrong.

That Sonny sure is a great Catholic. Doesn't care about murders and other crimes he commits and is all about his wife having an abortion because a baby would be inconvenient (has he ever had seen active role in raising a baby, anyway?) and remind him of Morgan... But will take any opportunity to attack Griffin for being a bad former priest when he was in a relationship with Ava.

Why oh why couldn't Ryan's dream have been a reality?

• Love 11

Liesl singing was a gift to me. KG's mother was a professional opera singer so I'm going to take it that that was her real voice.

If I liked Sam's story at all, I'd say that it reminds me of Marnie by Winston Graham (and the Alfred Hitchcock film). But Marnie had a better reason behind it other than "I have to marry and bilk a bunch of men to support my brother", nor did she marry the men.

14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Today’s episode was, indeed, terrible. Which begs the question, which couples should they have focused on for a better Valentine’s Day episode? Joss and Oscar? Drew and Kim? Willow and Chase? Peter and Maxie? No, no, no, and no. This show has become a total chemistry-free zone. I can’t think of any couples I would have wanted to see today.  Maybe Ryan and Ava. But only if Ryan slipped away and killed someone, to break up the tedium.

I kind of liked Julian and Kim until their break-up. But yes, this "love in the afternoon" is full of repulsive pairings.

6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

My UO is that Liz/Franco getting married yesterday was the LEAST offensive thing that happened.  Jason and Sam are pathetic (and the worst parents ever; also, did DREW get a Valentine from Scout?  Sam having Scout "sign" Jason's card made me want to slap her),

Sam having the Valentine to her beloved Jason signed by Scout was so gross. Yes, what about Scout's real father, the one who spends more time with her than Jason or even you apparently do.

If I were a Friz fan, I'd be pretty upset at that horrible wedding.

3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

No, sadly you're right Sony said that having a new baby with brown eyes and dimples (narcissistic much, Sonny?)  would just reminded them of their (sainted) lost Morgan.

So I guess Sonny, the good Catholic, is proposing to abort this fetus not because it's sick or because they can't afford it or because he's finally realized that these two horrible people should  never have charge of a child but because it could look like Morgan when it's born and make them feel sad

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

Ryan was cracking me up with his shoving Ava in Laura's face. Jesus, he really can't stand Laura! Him sliding the sex desk back into place was a totally hilarious "FU!" Then turning Ava's picture around.  laugh3-smiley.gif

I wish we could keep him! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

It's nice to see that Laura gets to be one of the big brains behind solving the murders. GF was so good in her scenes today -- genuine heartbreak at first when "Kevin" was being so cruel, moving into being just kind of over it by the time he was moving the sex desk back into place, and then the wheels really turning that something was up beyond him having some kind of breakdown. Genie played it that she was suspicious even before he brought up the prenup.  

I don't know if Laura is supposed to actually suspect it's not Kevin at this point, but she wouldn't be following him if she didn't think he was being nefarious. (You could tell she was making those connections when talking to Franco yesterday, as well).  

JL and MW were also great in those scenes. Ava barely had any lines when the three of them were together, but she played it as feeling bad that Ryan was being such a prick, even while still being in kind of a sex haze. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wonder how Michelle Stafford is taking it...

Oh, right! I remember when an older character actor on Y & R said that one of the two Scientologists in the cast (Sharon Case is the other one) had out-and-out threatened him that he wouldn't last long on the show. He had been a former Scientologist himself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Carly and Sonny say the baby with big brown eyes and dimples would remind them of Morgan, except SORASed Morgan didn't have either. 

Peter and Maxie's story has turned into Nina Exposition. 

Gentle Father Franco is so shocked at violence!

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 1

Granted, I try hard not to retain much of Corinthos Family Follies, but Carly and Sonny barely had any time for Morgan when he was alive, right? Mostly they seemed generally exasperated that his nonsense seemed to infringe on their nonsense. This valorizing is absurd.

Also absurd is Carly being pregnant. I am genuinely astounded. That is just the dumbest choice.

• Love 6

What's up with the actor who plays Griffin?  Today he has a split lip.  He had a cut by his eyebrow last week.  There was also a throwaway line about the scratches on his face, but it didn't adequately explain it, imo.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

What's up with the actor who plays Griffin?  Today he has a split lip.  He had a cut by his eyebrow last week.  There was also a throwaway line about the scratches on his face, but it didn't adequately explain it, imo.

I was wondering about that too. I thought I’d forgotten a scene. Maybe the heavy bag flew back at him during one of his punching bouts at the gym. Or maybe he’s been literally beating himself up over the loss of Keeks. She was his one true love, don’tcha know (yawn).

• LOL 1

Alright, I'm gonna get up on my UO soap box.  

Y'all know, especially Ulkis, that I am an unapologetic, unashamed, Friz fan.  As a fan of both the couple and of Liz herself I liked the wedding scenes pretty well.  No, it was not the height of romance, but Liz has had 2 or 3 "fairy tale" weddings (granted the first one with Lucky didn't actually finish) and I can't see her needing to do that again as much as maybe Franco just wanting to give it to her and her not really arguing the idea.  Lockup is not ideal, but I get where she was coming from with the idea of just getting married already before something else happens to fuck it up.  Liz and Franco's relationship is definitely skewed toward a caregiver and cared for partners, but... well that's not unheard of.  It's not exactly abusive to emotionally depend on your partner, though It's a bit heavy on Franco's side.  I also like the emotionally complicated and messy family dynamic with them and the kids.  Cam is taking the heat because his mom looks like a weak enabler of a (current) murderer, and he's basically taken the stance that the cops wouldn't arrest him if he was innocent, which is a semi-reasonable for a kid who's the son of a former cop.  Liz isn't berating Cam for not believing in Franco, she's pissed that some ass-hat kids beat on him because of the situation and the adults at the school seem to have let it slide because they agree that Franco is guilty and Liz is a moron.  Those people can DIAF (the adults).  She still tried to defend Franco to Cam, but she wasn't a bitch about it, which she can totally be.

Now... to the real UO that will get me egged.  I like Peter and Maxie, and I liked their dinner and then breakfast/lunch/whatever interactions.  I don't have an issue with Peter in general, but I liked that he was amused and interested in Maxie's theories and ideas.  He confided what he know about the situation that was concerning her, and he looked very happy to help her meddle and scheme.  Generally people tend to look down on Maxie, especially most of her romantic partners who wanted her to be a more upright citizen.  I'm so tired of guys wanting to "fix" Maxie.  Spinelli, Cooper, Nathan, all strove to make her better in one way or another.  For the moment, the lack of that is refreshing.  Not that Maxie wasn't a fucking trainwreck, but the emphasis on making her "better" has always been annoying.

Edited by ouinason
stupid doubled up post!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Yeah, Laura’s brain was spinning when talking with Ryan/Kevin. He was putting everything in its place on the desk which she was transfixed by. Then when discussing the prenup something clicked in her head but I don’t even think she knows why but SOMETHING CLICKED!!!!!!!! I don’t know if it’s a red herring or not but I’m looking forward to Monday.

As for, Sonny & Carly. It’s FV mission to put them front and center no matter what. The beginning dream sequence was hysterical but when Carly said she was pregnant I thought it was still a dream sequence. The scenes at the MC were way off and then when they get home the pregnancy announcement came out of left field. Could it still be a dream sequence? Did I miss something. Maybe, LW and her boyfriend Wes Ramsey are really expecting. Who knows? I know she has adult kids but I don’t think he has any of his own. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ouinason said:

Lockup is not ideal, but I get where she was coming from with the idea of just getting married already before something else happens to fuck it up.  Liz and Franco's relationship is definitely skewed toward a caregiver and cared for partners, but... well that's not unheard of.  It's not exactly abusive to emotionally depend on your partner, though It's a bit heavy on Franco's side.  I also like the emotionally complicated and messy family dynamic with them and the kids.  Cam is taking the heat because his mom looks like a weak enabler of a (current) murderer, and he's basically taken the stance that the cops wouldn't arrest him if he was innocent, which is a semi-reasonable for a kid who's the son of a former cop.  Liz isn't berating Cam for not believing in Franco, she's pissed that some ass-hat kids beat on him because of the situation and the adults at the school seem to have let it slide because they agree that Franco is guilty and Liz is a moron.  Those people can DIAF (the adults).  She still tried to defend Franco to Cam, but she wasn't a bitch about it, which she can totally be.

I get what you're saying, it's just sad to me because it's basically saying "I liked it because this isn't the worst possible romantic situation Elizabeth could be in." 

Elizabeth is supposed to be a mother who treasures her sons. Getting married in the jail, without them (and probably without telling them), especially given how angry and hurt Cam is at the moment, means she is putting Franco's toxic dependence on her first in her life.

I liked that Cam *finally* got a chance to question his mother's judgement about bringing Franco into their lives and trusting him so completely. She didn't assure Cam that he and his brothers come first in her heart, her life; she defended Franco by insisting he was sick and he's not that person anymore. Yet, she knows that since being "cured" Franco did in fact lock her rapist Tom in a cage and torture him, and lie to her. IMO, the best moment Elizabeth has had since she became involved with Franco was the moment she responded to him, "It's not my job to make you better!" and told him not to come home because she wasn't sure she could trust him. 

There was a look in Elizabeth's eyes when Cam walked away after their argument, which I interpreted as sadness/resignation. It acknowledged that Cam's teachers and classmates see her as a weak enabler, and her accepting that as more or less the truth because she's so invested in Franco that she feels can't break up with him. 

Elizabeth choosing to marry the man who kidnapped her newborn son Aiden, strapped Lulu to a bomb, sexually violated and then mentally tortured Sam, used Jake to get close to her, has shown stalker-ish and dependent behavior, locked a man in a cage and tortured him while lying to her, shows me that her judgement has not improved since her multiple relationships with Ric. 

I would agree with you about the emotionally complicated and messy family dynamic if Elizabeth had chosen to marry AJ.  He was her son Jake's uncle, brother of both Elizabeth's ex-lover and late best friend Emily (so it would have been a unique situation for the Q family). He had a history of addiction like her ex-husband Lucky did, which could cause trust issues to pop up. He had a perpetually adversarial relationship with the mother of his only child, and she has years of history of giving Elizabeth grief due to jealousy/insecurity issues. Whereas an Elizabeth & AJ long-term relationship would be complicated and messy, the Elizabeth & Franco relationship is just toxic. 

• Love 12

I dont' understand why Franco's reaction to Kiki's photo is enough to make Jordan believe he's not the killer. He got upset and declared that he couldn't possibly do this, so she's all, 'yeah I believe you'. What? I mean, we know he's not guilty of this crime, but if he was, all he'd have to do is sniffle a little and claim he couldn't possilby and that's enough for the police commisioner to believe him? I liked VA's version of Jordan but they've really dumbed down this version and it makes me want to smack her because they are making her dumber then a box of rocks. And a woman who worked undercover with the DEA then became police commisioner should not be that dumb.

she needs lessons from Maxie,   Maxie figured out the Sasha/Nina stuff with less evidence in a nano second.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked that Cam *finally* got a chance to question his mother's judgement about bringing Franco into their lives and trusting him so completely.

,But that's just a plot point.  When the real killer is revealed they have Liz gloating to everyone that she was right and Cam will have to apologize.  

13 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wonder if it's a continuity error. Everything is done so badly on this show it wouldn't surprise me.

8 hours ago, ouinason said:

He confided what he know about the situation that was concerning her, and he looked very happy to help her meddle and scheme. 

I see these scenes a little differently. Peter knows that Valentin brought in Sasha to be Nina's fake daughter, but he doesn't want to be the one to spill the beans because (reasons I now can't remember, but I think there's a bit of mutual blackmailing going on). So he drops just enough crumbs for Maxie to be able to start piecing things together, and she does.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I see these scenes a little differently. Peter knows that Valentin brought in Sasha to be Nina's fake daughter, but he doesn't want to be the one to spill the beans because (reasons I now can't remember, but I think there's a bit of mutual blackmailing going on). So he drops just enough crumbs for Maxie to be able to start piecing things together, and she does.

He doesn't know Valentin's scheme about Sasha, but like Maxie, he was able to zero in on the circumstances surrounding Valentin and Liesl and what sort of dirt Valentin would want to hide. With Maxie, he has shared some of the things that he had already picked up on and she made educated guesses which are 100% correct.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He doesn't know Valentin's scheme about Sasha

Really? Then LWB/FS was playing those scenes wrong, IMO. To me it seemed like he was wanting Maxie to connect the dots so when the Sasha news came out, he could claim it was all Maxie's doing. 

Edited by dubbel zout
verb consistency
  • Love 1

I can't see this Sasha situation resolving any time soon.  Maxie will get the DNA, but something will prevent her from saying anything.  Because it takes years for anything to happen on this show.

10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Whereas an Elizabeth & AJ long-term relationship would be complicated and messy, the Elizabeth & Franco relationship is just toxic.  

Elizabeth & AJ also had so much built-in potential for soapiness. This Franco thing makes it look like AJ wasn't damaged and dependent enough for Liz.

Which, if this was a callback to Jason thinking she'd be happiest with him if he were literally in a wheelchair, and about her fear of abandonment motivating her to pick someone who is completely dependent because no one in their right minds wants him - maybe there'd be some hope of her getting past that and having some character development.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7