Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, driver18 said:

Willow is possibly the worst actress this show has had for a while. I can barely concentrate in any scene she's in. She's just so awful.

well I really don't like the actress who plays Jordan, especially whispery talk. I just saw the first TV ad for VA's new show on CBC, really made me miss her. (selfishly, I'm sure she is much better off away from GH)

Edited by Blackie
posted to soon
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wouldn't Jordan have checked out Franco's alibi when she first hauled him in for questioning?

Chase had a sentence (on Monday?) where he said to her, something like, "his alibi isn't good", which made no sense to me.  He either has an alibi or he doesn't.  But the alibi for Lulu is that he was baking cupcakes with the boys.  So maybe that was the concern, that they didn't believe the boys being his alibi.  but, he bought the cupcake ingredients before baking, so there should be a receipt out there with a time stamp on it.  But this isn't Law and Order, so no one will think of that.  

Jordan . Can't they make her look even remotely competent?

This is the same person who, when questioning Peter and telling him that a bloody shoe print was found at the scene for the smae type of shoe that he was currently wearing, and he said he wasn't the same size as the killer, she said, "well, sure, if you're not lying about that'.  Geez JOrdan, he's sitting in front of you wearing the shoes, if you believe he's lying about the size, have him remove the shoes AND CHECK THE SIZE.  So yeah, the stupid burns hard with Jordan Ashford these days.  

Charlotte was in today's opening credits; some of the recurring characters must be in them when they're in that ep

I've noticed that too.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, paisley said:

Please do not let Billy Miller slip away to Genoa City. He's one of the few people I like.

He should be running for the hills at this point. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Chase had a sentence (on Monday?) where he said to her, something like, "his alibi isn't good", which made no sense to me.  He either has an alibi or he doesn't.  But the alibi for Lulu is that he was baking cupcakes with the boys.  So maybe that was the concern, that they didn't believe the boys being his alibi.  but, he bought the cupcake ingredients before baking, so there should be a receipt out there with a time stamp on it.  But this isn't Law and Order, so no one will think of that.  

Every store now has cameras (and on GH every nook and cranny has one, if we believe Spinelli's sleuthing) and yet his alibi doesn't check out?  I think the show forgot they gave him an alibi so they're just going to ignore it.

• Love 3

I hope Franco does sue the PCPD and cripples the department enough they have to start from scratch. Things can't get much more incompetent than they are now. Good grief. And of course no one stops to think that Lulu's "memory" and then finding the evidence—in a drawer in the art therapy room!—soon after was way too convenient. 

Ugh, we won't find out about Gail's will until April 1. Why couldn't Alexis tell everyone that at the first meeting? This show is so stupid.

Sonny, the brain tumor defense Franco used isn't so much worse than your claustrophobia whine.

I loved Elizabeth's expression when Griffin when he started ranting bitterly about faith. 

• Love 5

I'm taking advantage of my mod privileges and posting when no one else can, heh.

LOL at the expressions on Jordan and Margaux's faces when Elizabeth pointed out that evidence from the killings had been planted on other people who were cleared, so why the rush to blame/charge/convict Franco? I know it won't make a difference immediately, but it's nice someone pointed all that out.

And LOL when Jordan shut the door while Elizabeth was trying to see what was going on.

The post–blood donation cookies were always a big reason I enjoyed donating, so I'm with Ryan on that one. We also got juice!

Shiloh and Jackie Templeton built sustainable houses together in Central America. Who knew?

Watching Sam try to seduce (or whatever that was) Shiloh was painful. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 2/7/2019 at 12:22 AM, Asp Burger said:

But...what about the occasions when it does mean something? Should people like that (and their stories) be made invisible?

This is reminding me of the spasms of outrage over Felix five or six years ago, as if gay men with his speaking style and mannerisms didn't exist, and weren't part of the behavior spectrum just like the more understated, "non-stereotypical" Lucas. I don't consider that progress.  

Thanks for saying that. In fact, I thought Lucas and Brad did a good job of discussing different sides of the spectrum. 

• Love 3

As is, it is impossible to feel bad for Liz here. 

Rebecca Hurst is making it difficult for me not to feel bad for Liz. 

I wish the earth would open up and swallow Scam, borg, and slagbeast one of these days.  When Sonny repulses me less than those three...there's a problem.

Thursday's episode featured Sonny and Friday's episode had Sonny with Jason.  I found MB somewhat charming on Thursday and on Friday I hated Sonny.

• Love 1

when Elizabeth pointed out that evidence from the killings had been planted on other people who were cleared,

It's a good argument but at the same time, Franco could have planted those items on Carly and Griffin just as easily.  It doesn't exonerate him from Lulu's attack or any of the other murders.  

I despise Franco with the heat of a thousand suns and I would not be sad if he were to leave town (in a prison van, in a body bag, I'm not picky).  However, I did like Friday's episode when he was worried about having the MRI done becuase he was beginning to wonder if he had done this and just didn't know it.  "Kevin's " notes about him are what threw him for a loop.  

I laughed so hard when Ryan was all, 'Griffin needs to die' and the next scene is "hey Griffin do you wanna go up onto the roof with me".  

• Love 3

Interesting. Liz is the one who has to point out the frame jobs that Ryan did on Carly and Griffin for the two dumb-dumbs to have something of a light bulb moment before they decided to squash it. I hate that we have these two women, in positions of power, and who could genuinely solve this crime being made to look like two complete idiots by everyone.

Shiloh is bent on world domination! Even the DA is reading his book. Everyone is reading his book. I actually like his scenes with Kelly. She seems more engaged in them, I find. I still hate that Jason is up to his eye balls in this story, when by all rights, it should be Drew who is involved in it. 

Ryan is going to shove Griffin off the roof of the hospital. *Gasp*

Preview for Monday, Griffin is having a chat with someone. Way to ruin your cliffhanger, show!

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 2/6/2019 at 9:32 PM, driver18 said:

Willow is possibly the worst actress this show has had for a while. I can barely concentrate in any scene she's in. She's just so awful. I am practically in awe of just how truly terrible she is. There is a complete unnaturalism to her "acting" that I almost want to cry. Everything about her makes me long for a scene with anyone else. Even Sonny. Or Carly. Or geez, even Spinelli. She's so bad.

She is bad which is frustrating for me because I like Chase. He deserves better.

On 2/6/2019 at 9:48 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Emme Rylan is not a good actress at all.  Those hypnotism and interviewing scenes were cringe-worthy.

I thought so, too. It was bad and awkward and all things not good. Why couldn't they kill her off? And I used to live Lulu, too.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2019 at 11:05 PM, paisley said:

The rapid flipping flashcard faces opening must be some kind of failed mind control ploy to keep us from realizing how awful this show is. What I do notice everyday is the complete lack of diversity.

Having said that I hate to suggest this: Jordan should be victim # 5. It would be so demoralizing for the inept PCPD that they would need Dante back. 

Margo serves no purpose.

Please do not let Billy Miller slip away to Genoa City. He's one of the few people I like.

Why can we no longer quote multiple posts? Anyway, I agree with everything you posted. I can't stand the new intro. It makes me cross-eyex trying to follow it. I would love NuJordan to be the next victim. They really downgraded with the recast. I'd also be fine with Margeaux being the next victim. I like Billy Miller and Drew. I'd like to see more scenes with Drew and Curtis. It'd be great if Chase could join in, as well. He needs something outside Willow whom I grow to hate more each day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

"Hey, Griffin, you know the best place to view the courtyard of bricks?  From the roof 20 stories up--let's go!"  I cracked up at that and Griffin's "Durrrr...ok" response.  Too bad the previews gave away he's not hitting the pavement.

Jordan's going to end up getting some leniency because she's doubting the killer is Franco, but Margeux will be thrown under the bus as incompetent and then Sonny will smirk because another woman who tried to take him down was deemed stupid.  How enlightened, show! 

God help me I sort of enjoyed the scenes with Alexis and her new therapist.  They had a fun vibe going there.

Ugh, Spinelli again.  Why won't he stay gone?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Jordan's going to end up getting some leniency because she's doubting the killer is Franco, but Margeux will be thrown under the bus as incompetent and then Sonny will smirk because another woman who tried to take him down was deemed stupid.  How enlightened, show! 

That'd be highly hypocritical and stupid of him considering he was telling her on Thursday to do everything possible to nail his ass and even implied the possibility of dredging up phony witnesses and evidence to do it.

I am finding this new PTV format harder to read. ...but I'm old and don't like change! 

Anyway, this will be 2 murders in a row that Ryan botches. WTF?! Up your game, dude. The list is long. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Perkie said:
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

when Elizabeth pointed out that evidence from the killings had been planted on other people who were cleared,

It's a good argument but at the same time, Franco could have planted those items on Carly and Griffin just as easily.  It doesn't exonerate him from Lulu's attack or any of the other murders.  

I agree Franco could have done the earlier planting. It just points out how stupidly obvious finding the evidence was in the first place. How convenient, there's a hair! Oh, look, licenses in an incredibly accessible drawer!

I did like Friday's episode when he was worried about having the MRI done becuase he was beginning to wonder if he had done this and just didn't know it.  "Kevin's " notes about him are what threw him for a loop.  

I liked that, too. We've seen arrogant Franco ("how dare everyone suspect me for murder when I'm a former serial killer!"), and it's a nice change to see him wonder if the worm is turning, as it were.

I laughed so hard when Ryan was all, 'Griffin needs to die' and the next scene is "hey Griffin do you wanna go up onto the roof with me".  

I loved that. So soapy. I do wish the cliffhanger had been Ryan creeping up behind Griffin in a super menacing fashion. 

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Way to ruin your cliffhanger, show!

The show does that all the time. It's so dumb.

• Love 3

I have come back to GH the last few weeks after not watching for literally years. I am having such a hard time keeping some of these guys straight lol. There's so many damn cast members!

I think what drew me in is Ryan because I started watching back in the 90s when he was after Felicia. Any explanation for why Ryan suddenly isn't obsessed with Felicia anymore?

And so Kevin put him in Ferncliffe under a fake name, and now everyone thinks Kevin is Mr. Fake Name ... but how on earth have none of them thought "Gee, this guy looks just like Dr. Collins who had a twin that was a serial killer, so weird!" lol. Did the nurse live under a rock and miss it? They look like twins and have different names and you're not calling bullshit? Were they paid off? Are they in a secret wing? How does no one see this??? I hope I missed an explanation about this.

Not enjoying the new Lulu actress - I watched briefly when Julie Berman was Lulu and I preferred her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

The revamp seems like a good time to jump in here. I started watching GH again around Christmas time after taking a 25 year or thereabouts break. And I started reading this thread to try and figure out some things. I know I could look up and find out some of the finer points of the stories on the internet but I have been stubbornly trying to figure it out on my own.

Anyway my perspective is different since I've been away so long. It makes me happy to see so many familiar actors still playing the same characters-well mostly. My fondness for Todd on One Life to Live makes me like Franco.  I didn't know that he was an honest to God serial killer though.  Elizabeth is so beautiful and luminescent I am rooting for her and Franco.  It took me awhile to figure out that Kevin Collins is not really Kevin but his crazy brother Ryan.  I don't remember Kevin having a brother but to be honest I liked the idea that Kevin just finally snapped and started killing people. Oh well.  Jon Lindstrom is a hoot in this.  And did I see Monica in an episode?! I thought yes, the Quartermaines are still there and important. But I haven't seen her since.

I've always hated Jason and he hasn't changed.  I never liked Kelly Monaco on Port Charles and can't say I like her here any better. Sonny and Carly.  Still there. blah.

Alexis is still a favorite of mine.

I am intrigued by some of the new characters (Liesl for one) but my God some of these male characters are so blah and interchangeable! Chase. Peter. Griffin.  I keep forgetting which is which and why they are there.  And the Oscar storyline is horrible and I can't stand the Joss character.  She is Sonny's daughter? How many kids does he have? And someone mentioned he and Alexis are Christina's parents?  I don't remember that at all from way back when.

threebluestars and I posted at the same time! Funny that we are both returning viewers although I must have stopped a little sooner than you.  I don't remember Ryan and Felicia at all.

Edited by gibasi
  • Love 7

I wouldn't say Kelly has more chemistry with Coby M but she seems less tense if that makes sense with him than Burton, but that's just my opinion.  She looks like she's half asleep either way.

What sucks is I am sure Shiloh is secretly Ted Bundy, killing women all over upstate NY because the leather twins can never lose.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

I miss Jax. And Lucky. And AJ. And Dante.

It's so hard for me to root for any guys on this show. Those that aren't actively awful are either dull as dirt or never on. Or both. There's Kevin and...shit. Drew, sort of? Curtis is the hottest guy on the show IMO, but I can't say I actually care about anything he does.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, gibasi said:

Chase. Peter. Griffin.  I keep forgetting which is which and why they are there.

FV, the EP, has a casting type - and for some reason, he won't let GH's casting director do his job

7 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I miss Jax. And Lucky. And AJ. And Dante.

It's so hard for me to root for any guys on this show. Those that aren't actively awful are either dull as dirt or never on. Or both. There's Kevin and...shit. Drew, sort of? Curtis is the hottest guy on the show IMO, but I can't say I actually care about anything he does.

There's no place for good guys on this show.  Like you said they are either not written for or are never on.  The show only caters to the likes of Sonny and Jason. 

Even the guys you listed, how were they treated on this show?  Garbage.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

Why do we need NuShrink guy?  Why do all of Alexis' interactions with men begin with her doing some form of embarrassing word-vomit thing?  Why does a mature, capable lawyer have to have to appear like a blathering, oversharing child?

And show, you can't have Franco vehemently denying murdering in one breath, then wondering if teh tumah is back.  Pick one. 

I wish Margeaux and Jordan had better clothes.  The pants they've been wearing lately have been hideous.  A step above leggings, jeggings, but still hideous.  And I don't see how Jordan can wander around Port Charles in February wearing pumps and cropped pants that expose bare ankles.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why do we need NuShrink guy?  Why do all of Alexis' interactions with men begin with her doing some form of embarrassing word-vomit thing?  Why does a mature, capable lawyer have to have to appear like a blathering, oversharing child?

Alexis needs a piece of ass.  Since FV likes Kim/Julian, likes to even throw Drew (my poor Drew) into it with him maybe liking her.  I feel for those julexis fans who have been waiting for a reunion for 3 years now.  

Welp.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Why do we need NuShrink guy? 

Kevin will also need to see a shrink after all of this.

It's interesting that the guy was reading about the Russian diaspora post-revolution. He might already be interested in the Cassadines, and hopefully he won't turn out to be a psycho because Alexis is good at attracting those.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

And show, you can't have Franco vehemently denying murdering in one breath, then wondering if teh tumah is back.  Pick one. 

I kept waiting for someone to mention the tumor because that's all we've heard ad nauseam in FV's endless pursuit to rebrand Franco and get us to accept RoHo in the role. They can't have it both ways. A tumor can't be responsible for him being evil and a serial killer and therefore an excuse (ridiculous), if his tumor free self is waxing poetic about the high he got off of it at the time. It should make him sick to his stomach, at best RoHo plays it off as ambivalence. He feels a constant pull to the dark side but what made him that way isn't supposed to be a factor anymore. It's all so friggin' stupid. 

• Love 4

I actually liked Fridays episode.  Alexis, Ryan and ugh, I actually didn't mind Franco's scenes.  I mean I wish the whole Ryan SL didn't involve Franco but I didn't hate the scenes. 

ps. Or maybe its because Days is so bad right now that I'm preferring GH

On February 7, 2019 at 12:05 AM, paisley said:

The rapid flipping flashcard faces opening must be some kind of failed mind control ploy to keep us from realizing how awful this show is. What I do notice everyday is the complete lack of diversity

It reminds me of a mostly white version of the Michael Jackson 'Black and White' video. We just need a shoulder shimmy and them lip-synching.  'White and White (except for Curtis and Jordan)'

Are they going to put Griffin and Elizabeth together?  I might actually like that - it's a good match.  They are both beautiful and annoying.  And bonus -  Franco is left out in the cold.

• Love 1

Elizabeth deserves so much better than Griffin, whose emotional age appears to be somewhere between Aiden and Jake.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Friday's episode. Sam and Shiloh were a snooze-fest but Alexis and the mystery man who is reading on the Russian diaspora, Elizabeth showed up the PCPD and the funniest scene where Sonny, Jason and Spinelli are talking about how phony Shiloh's story of getting his head on straight and being redeemed is because they can't possibly conceive of someone changing to be a good guy.

I'm so rooting for Ryan to push Griffin off the roof and put me out of my misery. Ryan needs to kill more before he's caught.

5 hours ago, bannana said:

Did Ryan study psychiatry/psychology while he was dead in a mental institution?  Or is it just that easy to hypnotize someone and to psychoanalyze people?

Ryan is a pediatrician (I think( and hypnosis can come in useful treating kids. My father had a few tricks when he had to give them shots or they had to swallow pills.

You don't need an MD or a PhD  in psych to psychoanalyze someone. What Ryan was doing was talk therapy though. Ryan could have faked it so far if he's naturally talented that way.  I can believe it more easily that I can believe that Lulu is a brilliant reporter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Why do we need NuShrink guy? 

NuShrink guy real name is Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis. He was a favorite of mine because he can play serious with a side of humor.  I would say that he would be a great fit but I think his abilities is far above the show but it was great to see him again.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, gibasi said:

I am intrigued by some of the new characters (Liesl for one) but my God some of these male characters are so blah and interchangeable! Chase. Peter. Griffin.  I keep forgetting which is which and why they are there.  And the Oscar storyline is horrible and I can't stand the Joss character.  She is Sonny's daughter? How many kids does he have? And someone mentioned he and Alexis are Christina's parents?  I don't remember that at all from way back when.

Joss's parents are Carly and Jax.  Sonny is her stepfather.

Sonny has 45 kids with 56 women.  I kid, it just feels that way!!  In order:

-Dante with Olivia Falconeri from the old neighborhood.  Dante is a cop married to Lulu but currently on assignment with the WSB (in other words tiic couldn't hang onto a talented actor and he chose to walk)

-Michael with Carly:  though he's adopted since he's biologically AJ's son.  AJ, whom Sonny killed a few years ago.

-Kristina with Alexis:  One night stand

-Morgan with Carly:  when they were married but seperated.  He shot Carly in the head while she was giving birth

-Lily was pregnant when she got blowed up in a car bomb meant for Sonny.

-Sam had a brief affair wtih Sonny when she first showed up in town but her baby was born stillborn.

-Avery with Ava:  they schtupped over AJ's grave in the Q crypt (literally)

Chase:  a cop.  half brother to Finn.  decent actor but given bad material in a thankless role

Griffin:  former priest/now neurosurgeon, Duke Lavery's son.  good actor but given bad material in  a thankless role (do you see a pattern here?)

Peter:  Cezar's Faison's son.  From retcon town, where Anna slept with Faison while undercover, got pregnant, gave up the baby for adoption.  Valentin Cassadine took the baby, because he was pissed that Anna didn't love him and gave him to Faison to raise.  Twas not a happy home growing up.  Peter is former badguy (keeping Jason hostage for 5 years, though in my opinion, he could have kept him longer), now reformed good guy, trying to get into widow Maxie's pants.  Maxie is widowed because husband Nathan (Faison's other son with Liesl and Peter's half brother) was shot by Faison (who didn't know they were father/son) because Peter lured Faison to town to kill him.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, gibasi said:

And did I see Monica in an episode?! I thought yes, the Quartermaines are still there and important. But I haven't seen her since.

Oh dear.  I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.  The list of departed Quartermaines is quite long.  And the family that remains doesn't exactly get story or screen time.

But welcome back!

• Love 2

XFUSE SAID

NuShrink guy real name is Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis. He was a favorite of mine because he can play serious with a side of humor.  I would say that he would be a great fit but I think his abilities is far above the show but it was great to see him again.

I didn't recognize him! Jason Momoa was my favorite on that show but Joe Flanigan was a close second.

And thanks, Perkie for your post!  It was very informative and cracked me up too.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2019 at 7:40 PM, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, we won't find out about Gail's will until April 1. Why couldn't Alexis tell everyone that at the first meeting? This show is so stupid.

So dumb.  If they wanted to time whatever's in the will for the anniversary, why not just have Gail's off-screen passing happen, I dunno, in early March?

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So dumb.  If they wanted to time whatever's in the will for the anniversary, why not just have Gail's off-screen passing happen, I dunno, in early March?

And Gail was not Helena Cassadine. She wouldn't have some ridiculous production with her bequeaths to the people that she loved. Nor did she have the amount of money that would require more than one will reading.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, gibasi said:

I didn't recognize him! Jason Momoa was my favorite on that show but Joe Flanigan was a close second.

And thanks, Perkie for your post!  It was very informative and cracked me up too.

It always pisses me off when they fall ass backwards into getting good people, then decide to put them into incredibly expendable parts. First the under used Valerie, as BS is now jumping ship to Y&R. Then Richard Burgi as Paul Hornsby and then turning one of the best recast I have ever seen into a serial killer than actually went to jail, then Rebecca Budig, who should have played a returned Sarah Webber and now this guy, who probably would have been a great Steve Webber. 

• Love 6

Joe Flanigan is the best non soapy actor I've ever seen. I never seen him before but he had me sold in 2 seconds. All he did was talk but it was the best acting I've seen in a while. He was so suave & debonair. He had great chemestry with NLG. Of course, I knew he would be the doctor but I want to see more of him.

• Love 6

Far be it from me to defend Kristina, but it's insulting how Sam/Carly/Jason are acting like she's some precious petal who is incapable of handling herself without their help. Kristina has a lot of life experience under her belt, including moving across the country to live with her older partner, and is well into her twenties by now. Continuing to treat her like a kid and flat-out saying that 15 year old Joss is more shrewd than her is the problem, not the solution. Until there's solid evidence that Shiloh/DoD is predatory, let her live and cut out the hand-wringing.

Man, it was pitiful to see Ava's awestruck face at how freely Ryan said "I love you." All she's wanted is love and acceptance, and when she finds out that she's gotten it under false pretenses and at the cost of her daughter's life, it's going to devastate her.

• Love 10

Sam making the claim that Monica and Carly are in any way alike sent her zooming up my hate list. 

Also?  Shut up, Griffin.  Whining about Kiki and then claiming he's super sick of talking about his dead girlfriend?  He is so unlikeable.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

Sam and Carly are so fake together.  I buy nothing about this friendship.

Can Kelly speak even lower? I mean really all that whispering in a public place where people are noisy and in their own convos is just not needed. Not to mention LW and KM are awful together.

Those two characters are just insufferable pieces of shit.  Nothing more else I can say.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 9