Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up how everyone acts as if Wiley is so upset and agitated, and he's just chilling, enjoying his pacifier. 

They should dig out the "Michael crying because he's around AJ" recorder for Wiley.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Has anyone told Lulu the Haunted Star is a crime scene? LOL.

Didn't Jason shoot Shiloh? Why is there no blood?

I am going to assume that Shiloh had on the bullet proof vest that he stole from the guard. But way to go Jason for not checking to see if Shiloh was actually dead.

Well I knew Wiley's parentage wasn't going to be revealed as Michael was not around for any of the time that Wiley was being held by Shiloh.

I think Aiden has the best approach with Dranco. He isn't trying to force him into being Franco, tells him stories about their life together, and is willing/open to accept any changes with Franco.

Liz can continued to say that Dranco is a danger to himself and is incapacitated, but the reason she rushed to get him committed was because he was leaving town with Kim.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Liz can continued to say that Dranco is a danger to himself and is incapacitated, but the reason she rushed to get him committed was because he was leaving town with Kim.

I think, Kim or no, his leaving town was the mitigating factor.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think, Kim or no, his leaving town was the mitigating factor

I don't think either of those things is a legit reason to have someone committed.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think, Kim or no, his leaving town was the mitigating factor.

Agreed. His leaving town was the primary reason Liz wanted to get him committed. She understood that once he left town, that was it. She would never get a chance to get Franco back b/c "Dranco" would have no reason to ever return to Port Charles. Even before she learned that Kim was taking advantage of him, Liz asked Scott about finding a way to commit Franco, so she was determined to act when Dranco said he was leaving town. 

I have no problem w/anything Liz is doing. She is right to try and save the man she loves b/c she knows he wouldn't want to be running around town thinking he's Drew. He would want to come back to her and the family he created. Franco was finally happy w/himself and the life he created. This is NOT what he would want, and his wants mean more than the entity possessing his body AFAIC. 

I truly hope the procedure works. To me, they've played all the beats in this story, and I just don't see this going anywhere interesting or entertaining if it doesn't work. For me, the story moved too fast, and the way they've written Drew is not all that interesting. He's not conflicted or confused. He is just fine being Drew even though he's in Franco's body. He doesn't seem to care about "Franco" or "Franco's life." It's all about him. That's not that interesting to me. 

Kim is a disgusting human being, so I'm not interested in a Frim pairing, and they haven't written Drew in a good way, IMO. I'm fine w/characters being selfish or jerks b/c that's human, but there's nothing that's endearing about this version of Drew. To me, Roger is a doing a great job w/the material, but the writing is not particularly complex or interesting. I don't know. I just don't see where this story goes from here if the procedure doesn't work. Does anyone really want to see this "Drew" hanging around town? Not me! They would have to drastically change the writing before I invested in this "Drew." 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up how everyone acts as if Wiley is so upset and agitated, and he's just chilling, enjoying his pacifier. 

That remains me of our beloved Sierra Rose on OLTL.  There were all these heavy scenes of Mitch or Allison threatening someone or saying something super dramatic during her kidnapping and then it'd pan to her and she'd be gnawing on toy keys or looking adorably annoyed that her nap had interrupted.  Oh Sierra Mist.

Speaking of gay parents, I was reminded again that the lack of time and energy that the Lucas/Brad relationship gets is really sapping this baby swap of its full soap potential.  It comes off kinda sterile.  I mean, their baby is missing and they don't share a hug and barely touch?  I just don't think the scenes of Lucas eventually unloading on and dumping Brad for the swap will have any weight because their relationship doesn't.  

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly, who used to send Joss for months on end to Australia to spend time with Jax, is clutching her pearls about the kid spending more time *across town* from her.  

Give it a rest, Caroline.

Give it ten rests.  Shut.  Up.  Carly.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of gay parents, I was reminded again that the lack of time and energy that the Lucas/Brad relationship gets is really sapping this baby swap of its full soap potential.  It comes off kinda sterile.  I mean, their baby is missing and they don't share a hug and barely touch?  I just don't think the scenes of Lucas eventually unloading on and dumping Brad for the swap will have any weight because their relationship doesn't. 

As a Brad and Brucas fan, I couldn't agree more w/you. That's why I haven't been watching this storyline. AFAIC, Brad was thrown under the bus b/c the actress who played Nelle chose to leave the show, and they needed a "villain" in their lame story. 

I also don't think Michael needs a baby so I really couldn't care less that he doesn't have his child.  Why give Michael a child? What's the purpose? It's not like giving him a child will mean anything in the long run. The kid will never be shown and will just be trotted out for holidays or on the rare occasion. It's not like we're going to have a plot w/Michael having a bad time adjusting to fatherhood or a plot where Nelle is free and trying to take her baby back. Michael is a ridiculously boring character, IMO, and the absolute last thing he needs is a baby. He needs a life and some excitement. But back to Brad and Brucas. . . . .

Would the story have really been that different if Nelle had managed to switch the babies without Brad's knowledge?!? It's not like they've been exploring Brad and really delving into his conflicted feelings, etc. It's not like they've let us invest in the Brucas marriage. I loved the pairing, and then the writers were changed and they were put on the backburner for years. We didn't get to see them discussing adoption or surrogacy. We haven't seen any of their married life. It's a joke. We didn't even get a chance to see them invested in this adoption to really feel for Brad when the baby died so we'd possibly relate to his decision. We haven't seen Brad struggling or really overcome by guilt. Yes, Lucas has mentioned Brad being upset or really anxious, but that's it.

Brad and Lucas are basically less than day players in a story where they should be main players. This story is awful AFAIC. 

• Love 11

So I binge-watched Mon-Wed last night. That's three hours I'll never get back and at this point I'm about ready to delete the show from my TiVo. There literally isn't a single story that holds my interest. 😞

On the East Coast-- the middle 30 minutes or so was pre-empted by ABC for  the Trump-Zelensky awkward-a-thon. So the last I saw was Jason going toward the boat while Shiloh menaced Sam. When we returned Sam and Jason were making what passes for banter about her being the captain and him being the deck hand-- then Shiloh appeared with a baseball bat... cue fight scene. 

So, I guess, Jason shot Shiloh, thought he was dead, didn't actually check to see if he was dead, then decided to call it a day. Excellent work there, hitman!

and Dev gets called a hero for cowering in fear, then hitching a ride with a stranger (Peter) to the hospital. Hey maybe he really IS related to Sonny.  (shades of Sonny getting pardoned for walking three feet to dispose of a bomb)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

On the East Coast-- the middle 30 minutes or so was pre-empted by ABC for  the Trump-Zelensky awkward-a-thon. So the last I saw was Jason going toward the boat while Shiloh menaced Sam. When we returned Sam and Jason were making what passes for banter about her being the captain and him being the deck hand-- then Shiloh appeared with a baseball bat... cue fight scene. 

So, I guess, Jason shot Shiloh, thought he was dead, didn't actually check to see if he was dead, then decided to call it a day. Excellent work there, hitman!

Yes, that's exactly what happened.  And, boy howdy, Sam was really upset, wasn't she?  /sarcasm.  For real, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but KeMo is so low energy someone should check her for a pulse.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So now Shiloh is full on Freddy Krueger, and just in case you didn't think he was evil enough, he also killed his father. Whatever, I am still rooting for him to kill Jasam!

What a pathetic, stupid, anti-climactic, repetitive, boring-ass way to end a story we have had to sit through for god knows how long. ...I think that is GH's mission statement!

• Love 6

So, I only saw yesterday's episode up until the point Shiloh threw Sam on the couch and threatened to rape her.  Suddenly, we went to the Zelenskyy-Whatsit meeting (wow, awkward).  So, I turned over to Fiji-Uruguay in the World Cup of Rugby.  So damned exciting!  So exciting that, until this very moment, I forgot about the preemption and only just remembered that the game was vastly more fascinating than a violent, child-kidnapping, rape scene.  Just goes to show ya, TFGH can screw anything up.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Dev gets called a hero

No, he's ICONIC. Ugh. Dev did nothing to get Wiley back; he simply hitched a ride with a stranger (nice!) and walked into GH looking like a doofus. I wonder if Jason will find out Dev didn't call 911 as instructed.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Captanne said:

So, I only saw yesterday's episode up until the point Shiloh threw Sam on the couch and threatened to rape her.

Disclaimer: I haven't been watching the past couple of weeks, tuning back in today because Ava and Hayden are finally back on.

Not that I'm a huge Sam fan these days, but was this really necessary? It's not like Shiloh wasn't horrible enough already but they just keep going to the well with rape on this show. And we already had this play out with the two of them (and with Sam previously), so to me it just seems exploitative and gross. 

• Love 6

What grossed me out more than the rape attempt was Sam lying there mewling, "No/don't/stop." How about you kick the guy in the nuts? Do something to help yourself? It's absurd she's given this kick-ass reputation (within the show) and we're constantly seeing nothing of it. Jason has to rescue her every. single. time.

• Love 21

It was gross on a couple of levels -- first it was unnecessary to make Shiloh worse (exploitative use of rape) and second (I'm sure there are more) it emasculated Sam because she just cowered there presumably waiting for Jason to come save her.  That's bodice-ripper 101 and a trope women have been struggling to get beyond for at least my entire generation.

I thought this character was introduced as a consummate con-woman, ship's captain, and all around self-sufficient bad ass.  Shiloh even refers to her conning of his father.  So, on a third level, it insults Sam's character and, if you take a lesson from some of our posters here, her character needs all the help she can get.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What grossed me out more than the rape attempt was Sam lying there mewling, "No/don't/stop." How about you kick the guy in the nuts? Do something to help yourself? It's absurd she's given this kick-ass reputation (within the show) and we're constantly seeing nothing of it. Jason has to rescue her every. single. time.

I’ve never bought her as a complete badass like the show tries to sell but she can definitely handle herself better during the times that she’s not with Jason. When  they’re together, TPTB love making her a damsel in distress so Jason can save her and it’s nauseating. It’s one of many common soap tropes that are outdated and tone deaf in 2019.

• Love 3

She's just constantly The Perils of Sam and it's tired and old. She's problematic enough, and they're just making it worse. She'd be better off to make amends with Julian and talk to him about what he's been going through. This constant rescuing by Jason just makes me question why there are any Jasam fans left. Are they really swooning going "oh it's so romantic!" BLECH. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

Seems like a lot of the Jasam fans that are left are more Jason fans so they like him playing hero

True. Which I can't understand how that wouldn't get boring either after endless years and years and years. I hate SBu for coming back. 

• Love 11

In terms of Sam though and having to be rescued, whether BM or SBJason it was the same. She literally tripped over her heels and knocked herself out so Jason/Drew could come save her.

This is what happens when the writers don't want to even let her jaywalk across the street. At least Drew put her first I guess but it was nothing but fluff with them because the writers didn't want to write either of them as screwing anything up even slightly.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Sam and Jason are awful. It’s not just the writing it’s the acting. It’s just bad. Today just screamed corny and repetitive. I am shocked Sam was in the hospital again! They are billed as an adventure couple and every single adventure is a snooze fest. Kelly didn’t even try to do her stunt fighting yesterday. 

They refuse to do anything with them and it’s tiresome. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 12

Shiloh's demise was good, cheesy soap. He'd better be most decidedly dead.

Peter, stop lying to Maxie. She knows you don't have a pristine past. Be a grownup and tell the truth. That lying will probably bug Maxie more than anything else you tell her.

Sam can't even pilot to fucking ship?? UGH.

More ugh: Ava is still harping over that dumb Crimson article? Does she not know how the internet works? It's ridiculous and makes her look really dumb.

Shouldn't the PCPD be the ones drafting a press release about Shiloh, not the mayor? 

Maybe when Sam's at GH they can give her an adrenaline shot. I'm surprised the blood loss hasn't rendered her unconscious.

• Love 6

Sam's explanation that she shot Shiloh not just to save Jason, but to avenge all the women Shiloh harmed would have been SO much more impactful if she didn't conduct herself with all the energy of a deflated balloon. Seriously, this man terrorized her and her family for months, shooting him should create feelings of relief and triumph mixed in with an overall anger and tiredness from the whole ordeal. Instead of this being a moment of power for Sam, it's used as an opportunity for Jason once again to worry over her and to counsel her that "it's never easy to pull the trigger" (cram it, Stone Cold). I guess it's too much to ask for Sam to stand on her own two feet without Jason holding her hand and coaching her through it.

On the plus side, I did like how Willow approached identifying Shiloh's body: not with fear, but with resolution to see his end for herself. And Shiloh wailing and thrashing off the side of the boat was so spectacular I laughed until I almost choked on my gum, so props to the actor for giving that death scene some fun and dimension. It's nice that at least some of the cast care to turn in a performance worthy of their paycheck.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No, he's ICONIC. Ugh. Dev did nothing to get Wiley back; he simply hitched a ride with a stranger (nice!) and walked into GH looking like a doofus. I wonder if Jason will find out Dev didn't call 911 as instructed.

People who live in glass houses. Jason's consistent allergy at calling the cops when he should call the cops gives him no room to judge someone who didn't call the cops when they should have called the cops, see?

But this show has gotten so bad! Like fifty shades of bad bad. Port Charles is the town where common sense goes to die. But then I look at the world we live in now and I'm just waiting for someone to tell Sonny he's a mobster and Jason is a hitman and for them to reply, that's totes fake news! It's a hoax! We're being prosecuted which is pretty much what Sam told Jason about the cops always trying to pin murders on him.

Bitch! It's because he's a murderer. He's a hitman for the mob. That's why he's the first one hauled in when someone who woke up on Sonny's bad side gets bumped off.

Sam needs a personality transplant and goddamn spine. Every woman that's ever been with that trash human known as Jason Morgan loses her personality in his defense. 

Also, let's identify Shiloh's body in the middle of the hallway and that fight with him and Jason was so so so so terrible. I wonder if it comes as a relief when a good actor like the guy who plays Shiloh gets told that his storyline has wrapped up. 

And look at Peter skating on this. Why does Peter even exist? He's such a waste of space, air, clothes. But the actor does have fabulous skin.

This Cassadine storyline better be going somewhere. But it won't. Jason will get involved somehow in this. And Sonny, probably, because Spencer is his nephew. 

• Love 9

Really? Let's identify the body in the middle of the hallway?!? Why not just do the autopsy there too, FFS.

Also, who is styling GF lately? Her hair, clothes... so frumpy. Looks like she may have gained back Some of the Nutrisystem weight but she could still look a lot better.

Glad at least Sam was able to take down Shiloh. If he really is dead /eyeroll.

Wow, that was some great acting by MW in the scene with bad hairpiece psychiatrist guy. Bravo!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But then I look at the world we live in now and I'm just waiting for someone to tell Sonny he's a mobster and Jason is a hitman and for them to reply, that's totes fake news! It's a hoax!

Well, I'll give Jason this. He doesn't have to have someone constantly blow smoke up his ass. He doesn't care what people say about him.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well, I'll give Jason this. He doesn't have to have someone constantly blow smoke up his ass. He doesn't care what people say about him.

I don’t think he cares about other people’s opinion but most of the town gave him a pass for years because of the accident and put the blame all on Sonny. Plus every women in his life defends him whenever someone else says completely accurate about Jason being a criminal, Sam and Carly being the worst offenders over the years. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think he cares about other people’s opinion but most of the town gave him a pass for years because of the accident and put the blame all on Sonny. Plus every women in his life defends him whenever someone else says completely accurate about Jason being a criminal, Sam and Carly being the worst offenders over the years. 

Let's put it this way, he woudn't care what random people on the internet said about him (I'm not thinking of Ava here).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Sam's explanation that she shot Shiloh not just to save Jason, but to avenge all the women Shiloh harmed would have been SO much more impactful if she didn't conduct herself with all the energy of a deflated balloon.

I didn't see the scene when she shot Shiloh so when Sam was explaining it, I couldn't figure out what was going on...did Shiloh hypnotize her, is she secretly actually in love with Shiloh, was she planning on double crossing Jason...honestly I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on,  That is some damn good acting 🙄

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I didn't see the scene when she shot Shiloh so when Sam was explaining it, I couldn't figure out what was going on..

She came down the steps of the HS and shot Shiloh in the back with a flare gun as he was about to start beating on knocked down, pooooor defenseless Jason with what looked like a long wooden baseball bat that had a metal hook on it.  

You should watch Shiloh's death/fall off the boat scene, it was so OTT cheesy that the actor deserves credit for a hilarious exit. 

Everything about Sam today was just .... well other posters explained it well.  Willow has been far more traumatized by years of dealing with Shiloh and in the last year fearing for a baby's safety  - yet she demonstrated strength and resolve today. 

The Alexis/Neil and Alexis/Julian scenes were well done. It's nice to see Alexis being cute, supportive and non-toxic with men.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So I guess she forgot how she kicked Ethan's ass when she thought he was the one who had abused Kristina? Or is her "badazznezz" only when she's doing it for others?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So I guess she forgot how she kicked Ethan's ass when she thought he was the one who had abused Kristina? Or is her "badazznezz" only when she's doing it for others?

She forgot all her self defense moves judging by yesterday.  Tragic.

Hope the Shiloh actor comes back as Shiloh's brother who is a cop or doctor. Hate to lose a good actor. Can't imagine how painful it was for him in those final scenes acting his butt off while SBu and Kemo give NOTHING. 

I know y'all think it's cute, but I hate how Alexis acts like a stuttering teenage girl around Neil. He says he has plans tonight, she gulps and looks like a frightened fawn. He says he deleted the dating app, she grins and her eyes go googly. Ugh. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Is Ava insane? How could Nikolas have seen all of her when they interacted for a total of about three weeks? (Which means even less within show time.)

Every time Ava goes on about her "relationship" with Nik, it makes me laugh. They were in the same place at the same time for like a week in show time. Nik barely had time to find out Ava's middle name, let alone see all of her. 

Ava exaggerates a LOT.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Is Shiloh really most sincerely dead or is he soap opera "dead

The only people on a soap who are most sincerely dead, are those that have passed away in real life.  So while he was shot in the back with a flare gun, possibly drowned, and by the sounds of it, about to be autopsied, he could very well come back from the dead at any time.  (But since the actor was all over social media bitching about the show and it's lack of direction, I'm guessing he's sincerely dead)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Every time Ava goes on about her "relationship" with Nik, it makes me laugh. They were in the same place at the same time for like a week in show time. Nik barely had time to find out Ava's middle name, let alone see all of her. 

Ava exaggerates a LOT.

LOL!    I just took it all to mean that Nicholas in definitely on his way back to PC.  Maybe he'll turn up at Valentine and Nina's wedding.  Wouldn't that be fun?  I really want to see Nina's face when he claims that Valentine shot him at point-blank range.   Hopefully on the same day she'll learn the truth about Sasha.   BTW, dDoes anyone remember why Ava signed a statement confirming that Valentine was acting in self-defense.  I would guess he blackmailed her, but don't remember why.   

• Love 3
Just now, sas616 said:

Does anyone remember why Ava signed a statement confirming that Valentine was acting in self-defense.  I would guess he blackmailed her, but don't remember why.   

Soemthing to do with the surgery on her face to repair it from the fire.  He had the means (maybe the clinic in Russia?  I forget exactly) so she took it in exchange for lying on the affadavit that he hadn't killed Nik in cold blood.  Both Spencer and Laura were all over her about it after, that she chose vanity over the truth.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Soemthing to do with the surgery on her face to repair it from the fire.  He had the means (maybe the clinic in Russia?  I forget exactly) so she took it in exchange for lying on the affadavit that he hadn't killed Nik in cold blood.  Both Spencer and Laura were all over her about it after, that she chose vanity over the truth.  

THANKS!!!   Now I remember it.   He sent her to the clinic where Jason was being held.   Hmmm.

CRM TOTALLY hammed it up on a Wicked Witch of the West "I'm melting!  What a world, what a world!" level, but I will take that every day of the week over KeMo's "how many Valium have you popped" acting style.  She really is tragic. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Shiloh's demise was good, cheesy soap. He'd better be most decidedly dead.

Well, the body bag was moving.  Hey, dude, the camera is on you.  Quit twitching!

So Dev was knocked out and no one wants to check his noggin?  Yet Sam who fell in glass? and injured her front upper arm??? is getting bandaids applied at the hospital?  How can anyone be pushed and land in glass, injuring themselves there?  Is she so exhausted she can't put her arms out when she falls?

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I have to confess that Shiloh's 'death' scene was entertaining. He is a very good actor and I hope he gets more and better opportunities to prove it.

Exactly what are they going to do with Dev? He serves no purpose and the implication that Trina is interested in him is insulting to the character and the viewers.

I didn't know until I read it here that there was going to be a change in the writing staff. At first I was excited but then I realized that unless the execs are replaced it makes no real difference. As long as the Corinthii drive stories no improvement can occur.

And speaking of improvements, why does every blouse Maxie wears have to be a floral print? Why are Laura's outfits so basic? Why are Nina's dresses so unflattering? Did  Constance Towers supply her own wardrobe? If we have to watch such lackluster stories at least give the actors decent clothes for us to look at.

Did Alexis do the schoolgirl act when she hooked up with Finn? NLG was doing the same thing when Julia hooked up with Mason, it's getting old.

• Love 4