Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: It's Time To Move On

What was Eggs 911 texting Michaela?

Eggs 911 texted "Hello..." and "You there?" to Michaela, courtesy of zooming in on a gif of that scene.

Source: http://mashable.com/2015/09/25/how-to-get-away-with-murder-season-2-premiere-recap/?utm_campaign=Mash-Prod-RSS-Feedburner-All-Partial&utm_cid=Mash-Prod-RSS-Feedburner-All-Partial&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=rss

I was assuming that was where they dragged, cut-up, etc. Sam's body.

Hmm. Thought they made work of Sam's body in the woods nearby Annalise's house/campus ground? Is that what that place is called? I feel like it's something from season 1 that was talked about in passing/not focused on...

Edited by MH319
  • Love 1

No, definitely not - Asher wasn't involved in that and as far as we know he still doesn't know anything about Sam's murder. Plus, they cut up and disposed of Sam's body in Philly (or the surrounding area somewhere). My guess is that it's something from Asher's past that the DA has on him that will be revealed later.

Edited by atlanticslide
  • Love 9

The Eggs911 confused me? Yet, the Eggs sounds familiar. Wait was Rebecca ever in touch with someone by that name? Wasn't she? 

Did you ever watch True Blood? There was a character named Eggs.

• Love 1

She's from the Netherlands, so she speaks Dutch, but I think she also speaks French and German (and English, obviously).She was Jean Grey in the '00s X-Mean films, but she's been in a ton of other stuff too. She was in a James Bond flick, she's on Hemlock Grove, she's been in a ton of movies. She's 50-something years old, which is mind-blowing to me.

She also had a recurring role on Nip/Tuck. Still looking good at 50.

I don't think so. They burned it near campus, because of all the other bonfires and stuff going on. They put the trashbags into a dumpster near town.

I think the lake story is a whole new ball of wax.

Bonnie said she protected Annalise like Annalise protected her, so I think that implies we'll be seeing flashbacks to whatever Annalise did for Bonnie back in the day. Hopefully that develops Bonnie's character more. Though we didn't see why Frank was at the beck and call of Sam, and willing to commit a murder on Sam's behalf. So... maybe they won't tell us. But I wish they would. I like that the show moves things along and is not afraid to wrap up a story and start a new one, but I like it the most when they develop the characters instead of only using them as plot points.

RE the mansion siblings, I think it's just as likely the sister is guilty and the brother innocent as vice versa.

And add me to the list of people giddy over Connor and Oliver. I kind of wish they were on a different show, so they could be the main characters and have more to do than steal moments away from the central plot.

I knew Annalise was an ex of the new lawyer long before the kiss. Good work in telegraphing that, Ladies! It was in their body language and the way they made eye contact. Also, the dialogue to me said that whatever betrayal they were talking about, it was personal, not solely professional. And I think one ex defending the other might actually be an ideal situation because they each know exactly what the other is feeling and how to parse the behavior of their common nemesis. I know it could just be an escalating exercise in pain and jealousy, but the other alternative is that it gives them an empathetic bond.

I love that the show is very consistent about not idealizing the law. Most tv about cops and lawyers is all about the noble crime fighters and their tireless efforts to find the truth. This show is about how seedy and full of shit the process is, and it pulls no punches and makes no apologies for that message. We can be horrified, but the show never says they're kidding and nevermind.

• Love 8

Was I the only one yelling at Annaliese to keep her hands above Wes' waist when they were dancing?  There's a little too much inappropriateness going on there.

Word to all the sexy male hotness on screen.

And WTF to everything else during this episode.  The fucking roller coaster ride never stops.

• Love 4

Yes, there were a lot of hot men moments. Connor naked worked. I wish we had gotten another shot of Nate stripping.

However, I'm sure there's a twist to Wes running away. Thus, he's probably not responsible. Maybe he's running after her attacker?...

I am going to miss Rebecca, I really liked her...

Wes running after the person who shot Annalise makes sense. I won't speculate about who shot her because as we were told by Nowalk they are making it up as they go along.  

I will miss Rebecca too. I thought that she was an interesting character. Too bad Wes' paranoia and guilt make him turn on her.

• Love 1

I was soooo looking forward to this coming back! esp after VD won last week. But 9 hours later I am still all ".....the wha?"

I both love and hate the level of crazy. I can't decide if I stick with it just for Viola. Because I do not like one other character on this show, save Oliver. I feel like there's no one to root for... does anyone else feel that way? Now granted, that's the premise - all are flawed. But not necessarily likable! Even when Jack Bauer was being his most JackBauer-ish, I still rooted for him. Even when Meredith Grey was at her bitchiest, I still believed she was redeemable. I don't know that there's anyone here who's redeemable!

As Annaliese started dancing with Wes I visibly flinched and threw my hand up over my eyes. I *absolutely* thought she was going in for a kiss. And that is just all kinds of creepy.

I am ambivalent.

• Love 4

This show! I thought the Bonnie reveal was the climax of the episode, but that ending though!

What I like : The new case, Bonnie-Rebecca reveal, Asher outing himself as the boyfriend, Michaela hit on a gay guy (lol which stressed her out that she finally decided to text back Eggs 911), Connor-Oliver relationship and Wes "moving on".

What I don't like : The Eva reveal. Why couldn't she and Annalise be just best friends? Why did they have to be ex-lovers? I hope it's not just for OMG factor.

Other than that, this episode is perfect!

• Love 2
2) ...Rebecca's body will be found, right? And Sam's?

Sam's body was already found last season - that's why Nate is on trial for his murder. 

5) Are we to assume the whole Lila trial is done?

Unless the DA wants to reopen it with new evidence against someone else, then yes it is done. Based on the evidence that made Sam look very guilty, Rebecca was found not guilty and exonerated. 

I have to say Frank's starting to grow on me.  I like his quiet amorality which fits in perfectly with the main cast which is all highly amoral, with perhaps the exceptions of Wes, Michaela, and Asher.

YMMV but I think amoral is one thing versus being a full on cold-blooded murderer. Frank strangled Lila all while staring her dead in the eye. That is cold and evil. I can't say that puts someone like Connor for example, on the same level with him. Yes Connor was a man-whore and amoral in his personal life, before he fell for Oliver, but I could never put him on the same level as Frank. Frankly I don't think any of the students are as awful as Bonnie and Frank who both killed people in cold, calm and brutal fashion. The only one I may consider is Laurel just because she has this calm, quiet, creepy thing that makes her seem like a sociopath at times but that's just speculation.

Because I do not like one other character on this show, save Oliver. I feel like there's no one to root for... does anyone else feel that way?

Unpopular opinion but the students have actually grown on me. I'd say the only one I don't actually like is Laurel but I still find her fascinating because I'm convinced she may be a hidden psycho. However, I've actually grown to really like Michaela and Connor (and even more unpopular is that I actually kind of don't care about Oliver) and I always liked Wes enough, when he was away from Rebecca. I think he's interesting and while I don't think he's some crazed killer like Frank was suggesting, I do think there's more to him and his backstory that the show hasn't revealed yet. 

Last season Rebecca's character dragged him down in my opinion, which is why once again, I say good riddance. I think Rebecca could have been an interesting character but the writers screwed up in many ways in the way they wrote her at the start of the season and the way they developed the relationship with Wes. So no offense to Katie Findlay but like "bye Felicia" and don't come back. 

I'm surprised at all the confusion about Eggs911 - we saw Rebecca texting someone of that screen-name when she was being held at Annalise. Obviously what happened to her is not going to stay a secret forever so whoever this person is, is going to come to play on the show at some point. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Mansion Siblings

Or the Manson Siblings.

Did I read that right, where Laurel and Bonnie altered the videotape to show a false date?  If you dropped that in court the other side would be fast to have the tapes checked for electronic alteration, a la The Godd Wife.  The plot would thicken in a hurry.

It's too bad Annalise is tied to Wes.  That stunt in class should have had him bounced from the program.  The law program, that is. 

• Love 1

I am not feeling Wes's temper tantrum (or Frank's ridiculous jitters). I hate that everyone lets him go on about how much he did for Rebecca. She may have been annoying but you lose more than a few of those brownie points when you got involved by literally forcing yourself into the situation and stalking her until she trusts you, then screwing her over. Annalise's thing for him, whatever it is, is still very creepy.

I'm enjoying the bickering between the other three though. Connor and Mikayla are great as friends and I was cracking up when Mikayla was trying to get under Laurel's skin. Though as much as Laurel's stair response amused me, it also says a lot about her self-righteousness that she thinks that is a card she can play. Who is her awful father?

Connor/Oliver continue to be okay but I think Oliver is missing the issue. I genuinely don't think the HIV is a factor in whether Connor goes or stays. I think the question is would he even be there if they hadn't killed Sam.

It seemed like Asher got short-changed this ep. At least he apparently has something bigger coming up with whatever Trotter Lake is. He's the only one with any humor or lightness on this show though so I hope they don't drop that.

The person I was watching with thought it was sad that Bonnie was blown off by a student but considering her complete lack of self-esteem, I think that she seemed put out at all was a good thing. While at this point Asher seems to be a good-hearted douche and Bonnie a sociopath, I do want them together again. They remind me of a white picket fence horror show in the making.

So Bonnie has the truly messed up back story. When she said that people said she didn't deserve a normal life, my thought was that she did something awful and only got juvie. But if she was in juvie, she wouldn't be able to take the bar would she? The murder was really haunting. Bonnie really did look crazy (and like an old hand at smothering people) and Rebecca genuinely scared. Bonnie saying simply that she didn't believe her and Rebecca begging and promising she would be good were what really got me. So much better than the murder of Lila last season.

I think Bonnie was definitely motivated by jealousy of Frank. She was jealous that Annalise was relying on him and cutting her out. I think it is a family thing. Last season, she seemed all about Sam. But as soon as he kissed her, she ran to Annalise heart broken and said that Sam thought he was giving her what she wanted but he was wrong. Even Annalise said this ep that she was 'ashamed' of Bonnie for murdering Rebecca. That's a family term IMO, putting the black mark of Bonnie's bad deeds on herself, as is saying don't put the blame on me instead of I would not kill for you, you nutcase. And neither ever brought up the idea that Annalise wouldn't keep it in the family. I think Bonnie wants a ride or die family bond she just expresses it in very wrong ways.

I wasn't sure about Annalise and Eve's relationship until the confrontation in the hotel lobby. Even then, I wasn't sure they would actually go there. I'm glad they did instead of doing the fakeout but if she changed her mind this easily, she is in for a lot of trouble. Ask Nate what happens when Annalise shows up at your door crying and sad. Then run, girl.

• Love 4

I CANNOT wait to see what happens this season. I'm disappointed Bonnie killed Rebecca because I wanted her and Asher to ride of into the sunset together. Now that definitely won't be happening. I wonder what happened at the lake with Asher and I have a feeling the prosecutor knows about it because his dad helped him out in some way. In regards to the murder siblings I could see it being the daughter that did it because she felt like the family treated her like just some little charity case and loved their bio son more. I've seen it happen and it's not pretty. I also think the brother knows that the sister killed the parents and because he loves her(maybe in a non sibling way) and he killed the aunt on his nightly jog. I am so torn on whether Wes and Ann are mother and son or she is just looking at him as a pawn in her game. Wes is VERY easily manipulated and I think she knows she can use that to her advantage. I think she scouted all of the students in her Keating 5 before they ever came to her classroom and knew which ones had shit to hide and which ones could be manipulated. Still have no clue who Eggs 911 is. As for Ann being shot I definitely don't think she is going to be killed off because that would kill the show. This show needs not only Viola's acting talents but Ann is the key to all of this. I think it could be Nate, Eva or Eggs911.

I love the show. 

Was Frank shirtless looking at Michaela's dating profile?

He was watching her make it (he cloned all of the students' computers and is spying on them). I don't know if that makes it better or worse!

I enjoyed this. I wasn't expecting a bisexual Annalise reveal, but I wasn't surprised, if that makes sense. I liked what the A.V. Club reviewer said about it:

The reveal that Annalise has a sexual history with a woman is more rooted in character than plot. The way Annalise’s history with Eve unfolds doesn’t play out like a schlocky plot twist. It’s nuanced and emotionally visceral. It has the emotional beats of honest, character-driven storytelling. There’s no fanfare about it at all, and as a result, it feels completely natural and not self-congratulatory on the writers’ parts. The only reason we didn’t know about it before is because we simply just don’t know very much at all about Annalise’s past.

This episode, written by Peter Nowalk, really just proves how easy it is to write queer characters and queer narratives into a show. The fact of the matter is, most straight characters on television never explicitly state that they’re straight. It’s because heterosexuality in media, just as in real life, is often just assumed as the norm. Annalise’s past with Eve isn’t random or out of nowhere. Sure, her queerness was never explicitly stated before now, but neither was her straightness. The writers have as much freedom to write in an ex-girlfriend as they do an ex-boyfriend. The fact that Annalise is married to a man absolutely does not erase her queerness, and the How To Get Away With Murder writers understand that.

The fact that I at all doubted the romantic subtext of the first couple of scenes between Eve and Annalise speaks volumes to television’s heteronormativity. Let’s be real: The second Eve enters the picture, she and Annalise speak to each other like exes. Eve tells Nate she and Annalise “were good friends” in law school, but everything about her body language with Annalise and the tension in how the two speak to each other says there’s something more than friendship here.

But again, I’m so used to watching shows that hint at queerness without ever fully taking the plunge that I still briefly wondered if I was seeing something that wasn’t there. Thankfully, I wasn’t. “It’s Time To Move On” takes the plunge and does so in a way that’s smart, satisfying, and so fun to watch. On television, queer characters are usually explicitly established as such from the top or undergo some sort of lengthy “coming out” process, so Annalise’s narrative feels radical for television. Murder has dealt with small but powerful radical moments since its pilot, and it seems poised to do so with even more confidence in season two.

• Love 10

I love Viola Davis, and have since before Traveller; I love Famke Janssen, too, come to that. But I find this show unwatchable,even if the comments here -- with their many and completely understandable variations on "WTF did I just watch?" -- are hilarious.

In the flashback where they show the gang taking Lila's phone to see what she was texting, wasn't she texting the message "Eggs 911. Lawyer's house?" As in the Eggs911 was in the message, not the recipient?

I noticed that too, but I think they just did that because the audience isn't going to remmber the phone number it was texted to, and also the gang all tends to refer to eggs911 as a person (e.g. "who is eggs911?") so I can guess that maybe Michaela entered it as a contact in her phone with eggs911 as the name. Not entirely logical, but then neither was it logical for Michaela to text them in the first place. I think the primary reason was so the audience can follow along, and I'm quite surprised at all of the confusion this is causing, especially since it was in the "previously on htgawm" section and also discussed by the characters in the episode.

I CANNOT wait to see what happens this season. I'm disappointed Bonnie killed Rebecca because I wanted her and Asher to ride of into the sunset together. Now that definitely won't be happening. I wonder what happened at the lake with Asher and I have a feeling the prosecutor knows about it because his dad helped him out in some way. In regards to the murder siblings I could see it being the daughter that did it because she felt like the family treated her like just some little charity case and loved their bio son more. I've seen it happen and it's not pretty. I also think the brother knows that the sister killed the parents and because he loves her(maybe in a non sibling way) and he killed the aunt on his nightly jog. I am so torn on whether Wes and Ann are mother and son or she is just looking at him as a pawn in her game. Wes is VERY easily manipulated and I think she knows she can use that to her advantage. I think she scouted all of the students in her Keating 5 before they ever came to her classroom and knew which ones had shit to hide and which ones could be manipulated. Still have no clue who Eggs 911 is. As for Ann being shot I definitely don't think she is going to be killed off because that would kill the show. This show needs not only Viola's acting talents but Ann is the key to all of this. I think it could be Nate, Eva or Eggs911.

I don't think the family has a biological son. Both siblings that we saw were adopted.

• Love 4

So. That happened. I was not going to watch this show this season since I swore off all of the other Shonda shows, but decided to give this a second year. After all I did give Gray's 8-1/2 before call in it quits, and two-three? whatever for the completely unwatchable Scandal. However, I am glad now that I decided to watch. The story lines continue to intrigue and Viola Davis, well, she is the reason for watching. I think Bonnie being a cold-blooded killer should have been more obvious to me than in was. I was truly stumped on who killed Rebecca. Also interested in Asher's lake story, whatever that might be. And of course the ending! What a great way to keep people hooked.

Short version - I'm confused.

Longer version - after not watching the show over the summer, I'm pretty lost in terms of who killed who, who thinks who killed who, and who's on trial for killing who.

Frank killed Lila, but Rebecca was on trial, and most people think it's Sam.  But both of those people are now dead.

The whole gang (minus Asher) killed Sam, but Nate is on trial.

Bonnie killed Rebecca, but most people don't know she's dead yet.

Rebecca might not have killed anyone, but she seemed to do everything in her power to be a red herring and make people suspicious.

Do I have that right?

I like a lot of the smaller character moments, but I get so bogged down in trying to remember who did what that it takes me out of the show.  

Edited by futurechemist
  • Love 3

A good start, overall, I think. 

Glad that they wrapped up "Who killed Rebecca" already, even if it's somewhat of a cheat that it was Bonnie. 

Not sure I'm liking that the show almost inevitably will be getting up on its soapbox about transracial adoptions

I miss Asher being more of the bro he used to be. He didn't do a single thing to make me laugh. 

I'm a little disappointed that they haven't figured out who Rebecca was texting. Presumably they have the dude/dudette's phone number or Frank can use his many sources to find it, and then they could go from there. It's also sort of lazy that the dude/dudette apparently did not act on Rebecca's 911 message as far as we know. 

Surprised that Anni is so desperate for cases that she would rig things so that she would undermine her future clients' case before an actual jury IIRC. But that's what happens in the "Murderverse" I guess. 

• Love 2

Annalise and Wes are going to bone, and it's going to gross me out. It's weird to go clubbing with your professor/boss, but I liked Annalise's club wig so I suppose I'll allow it.

The adopted son accused of the murder is hot, as was the gay guy that Michaela hit on. There were a lot of fine black men in the episode.

I, too, liked the Annalise dated women reveal, although because it's Annalise, I wonder if she actually has an attraction to women or if she just discovered she could manipulate them with sex. I'm already getting a vibe that Eve is, and was, far more invested in their relationship than Annalise is. I've always thought Bonnie was in love with Annalise - her devotion is way past the point of professional respect and admiration.

• Love 4

I, too, liked the Annalise dated women reveal, although because it's Annalise, I wonder if she actually has an attraction to women or if she just discovered she could manipulate them with sex. I'm already getting a vibe that Eve is, and was, far more invested in their relationship than Annalise is.

I think for Annalise this sentiment applies to both her male and female lovers equally. I'm not sure Annalise has ever truly been in love with anyone, I believe she is that emotional damaged. This is truly what I see in this character. I don't know what she has been searching for in life and at this point, I'm not sure she knows.

• Love 9

Longer version - after not watching the show over the summer, I'm pretty lost in terms of who killed who, who thinks who killed who, and who's on trial for killing who.

Frank killed Lila, but Rebecca was on trial, and most people think it's Sam.  But both of those people are now dead.

The whole gang (minus Asher) killed Sam, but Nate is on trial.

Bonnie killed Rebecca, but most people don't know she's dead yet.

Rebecca might not have killed anyone, but she seemed to do everything in her power to be a red herring and make people suspicious.

Do I have that right?

I like a lot of the smaller character moments, but I get so bogged down in trying to remember who did what that it takes me out of the show.  

Mostly right.

Frank killed Lila at Sam's behest, after Lila was getting demanding what with being pregnant with his child and wanting him to divorce Anni. So Sam is equally guilty as a matter of law, even though he didn't strangle her himself. The only one (that we know of) that is alive and knows Frank did the actual killing is Frank. (Even though to have done it, he had to walk through a sorority house as a grown-ass man, and one would think that some phone record of Sam calling Frank on the last day anyone saw Lila might raise some suspicions.) 

Rebecca and Lila's boyfriend Griffin were on trial for Lila's murder, but after establishing that Lila was pregnant with Sam's child and that Sam's cell phone suggests that he was in suspicious places compared to the murder, charges were dropped against Rebecca (and I think Griffin -- don't know if the show explicitly said.) It would seem that the public thinks that Sam personally killed Lila.

In terms of killing Sam, Wes was the one who delivered the killing blow. Connor, Michaela and Laurel were all present at the time, as was Rebecca. Michaela pushed Sam over a railing and he was briefly thought to be dead. Then he got up and started beating on Rebecca. Wes then smashed him over the head. So in real-world law, Wes acted in defense of others, and it would be a stretch to call what happened to Sam "murder." But "How to Get Away with Self-Defense" or "How to Get Away with Manslaughter" don't pop in the same way.  Anni and Frank and Bonnie all know the truth of what happened. Asher presumably has no clue what happened to Sam. As the latest episode suggests, people looked to Nate as the person who did it. Anni and Frank framed him by getting his fingerprint on Sam's wedding ring that was left in the woods.

As we saw in the latest episode, Bonnie killed Rebecca. Only Anni, Bonnie and Frank know for sure that Rebecca is dead. Laurel suspects that she is dead, as Rebecca hasn't surfaced in more than three months. Presumably, the other main characters just think that she's run off. 

Rebecca, as far as we know, has not killed anyone. But she gave a neighbor an overdose to prevent him from being able to testify that she returned home from the sorority house all wet, which makes no sense, since a) she had to be stupid to get wet in the first place instead of just calling the police b) she had to go through the sorority house and however many blocks in Philadelphia all wet, which, besides being stupid would mean that numerous people would have seen her c) there was nothing inherently incriminating about being wet at that point since her body hadn't been discovered and d) she could have made up an explanation as to why she was wet. 

• Love 3

Not buying the Connor/Oliver relationship mostly because I can't believe that a sexy manwhore like Connor would be attracted to a nerd type (sorry for the superficiality, but hey).  But I guess Oliver is considered "safe" because lord have mercy, if they were to make Connor's boyfriend a gorgeous and muscular jock type, folks would go absolutely nuts.  

Edited by Syndicate

Well the Rebecca/Annalise kiss/hookup took me by surprise, although I can see in hindsight it shouldn't have. It's just that Annalise does everything at ELEVEN, she's so intense I feel exhausted at the end of the show. Props to the show for still being able to surprise me.

I really hope a Wes/Annalise hookup is just a red herring, because Wes looks as disturbed by the possibility as I feel.

One thing I didn't get about Bonnie killing Rebecca: she killed her, but she also hauled her behind the stairs so that everyone thought she'd run off. Presumably she planned to go back and get the body and get rid of it, but Frank took care of that little chore so how could she think Anna/Frank wouldn't figure out she'd done it? Who did she think would have the skills to disappear a corpse like that? Did I miss something about that flashback? What was her plan?

• Love 3

Laurel suspects that she is dead, as Rebecca hasn't surfaced in more than three months.

Season 2 picks up 10 days after the events that happened in the finale of season 1. Rebecca hadn't surfaced in 10 days (not three months!), and Laurel suspects that Rebecca's dead because if she were alive, she'd have ran off to the cops.

Frank killed Lila at Sam's behest, after Lila was getting demanding what with being pregnant with his child and wanting him to divorce Anni. So Sam is equally guilty as a matter of law, even though he didn't strangle her himself. The only one (that we know of) that is alive and knows Frank did the actual killing is Frank. (Even though to have done it, he had to walk through a sorority house as a grown-ass man, and one would think that some phone record of Sam calling Frank on the last day anyone saw Lila might raise some suspicions.) 

Sam called Frank from a payphone. Unless there is video surveillance of that payphone, there won't be a record.

• Love 4

I think for Annalise this sentiment applies to both her male and female lovers equally. I'm not sure Annalise has ever truly been in love with anyone, I believe she is that emotional damaged. This is truly what I see in this character. I don't know what she has been searching for in life and at this point, I'm not sure she knows.

Oh, I agree - that's what I was getting at when I said "because it's Annalise." She seems to use both men and women however she can.

This might help you; it's a longer season one recap than the one they played at the beginning of the episode. I made my mother watch it before we sat down to watch the premiere together because I knew it'd keep her from asking questions during the show, haha.

• Love 7

I love the show. 

Was Frank shirtless looking at Michaela's dating profile?

He was watching her make it (he cloned all of the students' computers and is spying on them). I don't know if that makes it better or worse!

I enjoyed this. I wasn't expecting a bisexual Annalise reveal, but I wasn't surprised, if that makes sense. I liked what the A.V. Club reviewer said about it:

ohhh. I thought that he was writing it, for some reason. I missed the bit about him cloning their computers.

Season 2 picks up 10 days after the events that happened in the finale of season 1. Rebecca hadn't surfaced in 10 days (not three months!), and Laurel suspects that Rebecca's dead because if she were alive, she'd have ran off to the cops.

Right, but there was a flashforward to 2 months, and then 3 months at some point. All that, though, is besides the point. In 10 days, or even 1 day, one would think that in trying to cover up Rebecca's murder, Frank would have tried to track down whoever Rebecca was trying to text, and figured out what was the deal with it, and that identifying that someone when you're armed with a cellphone that called the person would be easy for someone of Frank's skills. 

• Love 2

Right, but there was a flashforward to 2 months, and then 3 months at some point. All that, though, is besides the point. In 10 days, or even 1 day, one would think that in trying to cover up Rebecca's murder, Frank would have tried to track down whoever Rebecca was trying to text, and figured out what was the deal with it, and that identifying that someone when you're armed with a cellphone that called the person would be easy for someone of Frank's skills.

I think the flash forward bit won't really factor into the whole Rebecca thing (unless Eggs 911 is one of the siblings)...I'm pretty sure the Keating 5 will find out that Rebecca's dead long before Annalise is shot

I find it odd that all of them wanted to party with their college professor. It's like watching a porno with your parents in it.

I guess when you kill your professor's husband and she helps you cover up the crime, you kind of lose the student/teacher awkwardness. 

• Love 7

You know, I guess they figured they weren't going to avoid a sophomore slump by playing it safe, so why not have Viola kiss Jean Grey.  I think the words out of my mouth were gurgling sounds.

I liked the new vibe of Michaela and Connor being closer.  I thought Michaela was kind of milquetoast up until the last couple of episodes last year, but then she suddenly became amazing.  They seem to have good friend chemistry.

I'm sure Connor and Oliver's life is not going to be domestic bliss (this is a soap, after all), but I appreciate the show telling a real world story in a sexy way that's still grounded in real life.  Rare enough to see a biracial couple on TV, let alone a biracial serodiscordant gay couple.

• Love 4

In terms of killing Sam, Wes was the one who delivered the killing blow. Connor, Michaela and Laurel were all present at the time, as was Rebecca. Michaela pushed Sam over a railing and he was briefly thought to be dead. Then he got up and started beating on Rebecca. Wes then smashed him over the head. So in real-world law, Wes acted in defense of others, and it would be a stretch to call what happened to Sam "murder." But "How to Get Away with Self-Defense" or "How to Get Away with Manslaughter" don't pop in the same way.  Anni and Frank and Bonnie all know the truth of what happened. Asher presumably has no clue what happened to Sam. As the latest episode suggests, people looked to Nate as the person who did it. Anni and Frank framed him by getting his fingerprint on Sam's wedding ring that was left in the woods.

As they pointed out last season they were in Sam's house, uninvited and were trying to steal his thumb drive i.e. his property. Technically they killed Sam while in the commission of a crime, which is murder. Yes, they were defending Rebecca, but Rebecca didn't have the right to be there or to steal Sam's property and they all know enough about the law to know how much trouble they were really in. If a robber walks into a store and tries to steal something and the store owner tries to stop him and is killed during a struggle, the thief is up on first degree murder charges and anyone who helped him break into the store is an accessory. So, no matter how awful Sam was, the kids were in big big trouble.

• Love 4

As they pointed out last season they were in Sam's house, uninvited and were trying to steal his thumb drive i.e. his property. Technically they killed Sam while in the commission of a crime, which is murder. Yes, they were defending Rebecca, but Rebecca didn't have the right to be there or to steal Sam's property and they all know enough about the law to know how much trouble they were really in. If a robber walks into a store and tries to steal something and the store owner tries to stop him and is killed during a struggle, the thief is up on first degree murder charges and anyone who helped him break into the store is an accessory. So, no matter how awful Sam was, the kids were in big big trouble.

This is true and is something that they actually discussed - I think it was MIchaela who reminded them that it was murder and not self-defense, but I could be wrong. However, since Sam was dead and they all had (or could have made up) a plausible reason for being in the house that doesn't involve stealing a thumb drive, it may have been possible to get away with self-defense. Sam would not have been around to contradict them. They could have simply said they were there working and made up some story about how they got into an argument, things escalated, he tried to strangle Rebecca (who definitely would have had damage to her neck to back up this claim) and Wes accidentally killed him to get him to let go of his gf.

However, that isn't as interesting a plotline for a TV show.

• Love 3