Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Week 9

• Start Topic

They must love being on TV as much as he does but it's cruel to make the littlest one cry, she's too young to know it's not real.

Maybe they're grooming her to be a contestant on season 22, in 2026. 

• Love 4

I've never seen Chris Harrison less enthused about any of the other bachelorettes. He definitely liked Andi for some reason and was very kind and fatherly with Des. Kaitlyn on the other hand, he doesn't seem to care for at all.

Chris Harrison was probably Team Britt, and when Kaitlyn "won" he just phoned in the rest of the season.

• Love 4

Kaitlyn dear, I know you don't like to read (three years of beauty school?) but please skim this thread. Even the best marriages include a few arguments and Shawn does not fight fair.  You'll come home from the BBQ and suddenly he'll be red faced, looming over you with his eagle beak dripping sweat, while he harangues you about flirting with some guy.  Then he'll storm out without giving you a chance to tell your side about how the guy was your cousin -- or maybe, in your case, why you had a quickie in the gazebo.  Also he said he wouldn't keep you if his sisters didn't like you.  Not a keeper.

Yes! Yes! This!!! So many red flags with Shawn! I honestly want to do an intervention! He seems controlling, possessive, angry, and potentially dangerous. And then the way he answered her reasonable question about the "eskimo brothers" comment by deflecting and attacking Nick. Am I the only one who thinks a comment like that could be a dealbreaker with someone? I wouldn't want to date someone who bragged about their casual sexcapades either, and I don't think it was that awful for Nick to bring it up to warn her.

I like Nick. He's smart, funny, and they have fun together. I don't understand what isn't sincere about his wanting to come on the show and meet Kaitlyn or why he rings so many people's distrust bells. He seems genuine to me. I like that he tried to be the mature one (mostly) in their face-off, though he's definitely not as mature as the 26-year-old Ben. But Nick's mumbling would drive me crazy.

• Love 7

Ben could have cared less about Kaitlyn. She was gushing about how she knew so much about him or something along those lines and then he told her he'd just had a birthday and she didn't even know how old he is. Yep you know SO much about Ben. Agree with whoever said he couldn't remember her name for a moment.  Nick isn't in love with Kaitlynn either. I think he likes banging her but he's not interested in dating her and definitely not interested in marrying her. I can't believe his family was all crying about the situation. Hopefully they were crying because they don't approve of Kaitlyn!!  I really believed Nick was in love with Andi and thought she treated him horribly and was so cold to him. And I saw him as truly heartbroken. But he's going thru the motions this time.  When Kaitlyn met Shawn's family just the way they interacted with eachother I believe he's her pick. No questions asked. But when he sees the footage of Nick and Kait in her hotel room he's going to lose his shit and they will break up lol

• Love 4

Hubby was annoyed at how Shawn reacted to the golf clothes. Guess he never watches PGA golf. The pants and shirt aren't at all unusual for pro golfers. I thought it was a cute outfit -- guess Shawn doesn't like pink.

I was annoyed at how Kaitlyn was talking about the clothes as if she picked them out to embarrass him.   She seemed to think it was a "goofy"  outfit, too.  It looked like a pretty normal golf ensemble, actually.

I think what I disliked most about Kaitlyn was what she considers to be her "sense of humor".   She expresses it by pranking people she says she cares about, trying to embarrass and humiliate them.   She's the kind of person who will cackle loudly while telling embarrassing stories about her partner, right in front of him, and think she's being hilarious.  I've known people like that, people who think they're being funny, but I end up thinking they're insensitive and mean. 

The way she is with one guy and brings up the other, reminds me of how much she enjoyed the boxing and sumo wrestling "dates".  And how she thought Jared's black eye was so sexy.  She really enjoys guys fighting over her.  I think she and Shawn are perfect for each other, because he's jealous, and she LIKES that.  he's the guy who's  ready to beat up anyone who dares flirt with his woman, and she will find that SEXY.

I wonder about Shawn's mom.  She "couldn't make it", and his sisters "raised him".   It was also very strange that he was saying if his sisters didn't approve, he was not going to propose. 

• Love 17

In case the entire country of Ireland didn't hate us enough already, The Bachelorette is STILL there, shaming us. This week, Kaitlyn's down to three men, and she's meeting two of their families! Let us tell you what to skip and what to watch.

Read the story

She annoyed the hell out of me with her innocent act at not understanding why it is Nick and Shawn hate each other.  It's her fault they do.  She pitted them against each other and now she wants to be all "I don't get it!"  

Whatever, Hun.

This show was incredibly boring.

• Love 9

Nick was talking with a weird lisp thing during the family visit, then in the TH's, he didn't have it.

Yeah, what was up with that? It disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

As for Nick, did he really tell his mother that Kaitlyn is great at making out? Really? To his mother? That's just...wow, so creepy!

The whole dynamic of the Viall family seems weird as hell. The group weeping before Nick and Kaitlyn came in? Very odd. I'm all for moms and their sons being close, Mrs. V seems entirely too invested in her 34-year-old son's love life.

The Utah "hometown" dates ticked me off, as one more example of how even the show hates Kaitlyn. Personally, I was disappointed because Shawn is from CT, from an area I know well. I wanted to see what they would show. Nothing. Bleagh.

Ditto. I live adjacent to Windsor Locks (although he spends a lot of time in Nashville, according to his social media activity...) and was curious to see what sort of sights they'd show. "Look, Shawn, Bradley Airport! Ooh, Off Track Betting!"

• Love 1

In all my years watching this show--I hold my head shame in admitting how many--I've never, ever loathed the lead and their final two as much as I loathe Kaitlyn/Shawn/Nick.  The only thing that has kept we watching the last few weeks was (1) the Irish scenery and (2) the greek chorus of the Bens, Tanner, Jared, Joe.  And now that they are all gone, I'm not sure if I'll finish this mess out.  

I didn't watch live, just let the DVR record it, but this morning, I'm finding I don't have the stomach to even try to watch it for Ben.  Which is sad, 'cause Ben's such a sweetie.  But I know that any attempt to just watch Ben will result in my seeing the stupid stuff with Kaitlyn in it, so I'm just feeling over it.  Can't listen to her pretending to give a f*ck any longer.  May not even watch the Men Tell All, which is usually the episode in a season that I'm most interested in seeing.

Guess I'll record MTA, and wait to see whether it's worth the time, based on the recap and commentary.  But not even going to bother with the finale.  No interest at all, which honestly, is kind of a relief.

And deleting last night's episode without watching... also a relief.

• Love 2

I was annoyed at how Kaitlyn was talking about the clothes as if she picked them out to embarrass him.   She seemed to think it was a "goofy"  outfit, too.  It looked like a pretty normal golf ensemble, actually.

I think what I disliked most about Kaitlyn was what she considers to be her "sense of humor".   She expresses it by pranking people she says she cares about, trying to embarrass and humiliate them.   She's the kind of person who will cackle loudly while telling embarrassing stories about her partner, right in front of him, and think she's being hilarious.  I've known people like that, people who think they're being funny, but I end up thinking they're insensitive and mean. 

The way she is with one guy and brings up the other, reminds me of how much she enjoyed the boxing and sumo wrestling "dates".  And how she thought Jared's black eye was so sexy.  She really enjoys guys fighting over her.  I think she and Shawn are perfect for each other, because he's jealous, and she LIKES that.  he's the guy who's  ready to beat up anyone who dares flirt with his woman, and she will find that SEXY.

I wonder about Shawn's mom.  She "couldn't make it", and his sisters "raised him".   It was also very strange that he was saying if his sisters didn't approve, he was not going to propose. 

Backformore, that is the most insightful commentary written so far on Kaitlyn's character trait in terms of her nauseating, immature sense of humor.  Well stated.

• Love 4

Does Kaitlyn have a seeing eye chart on her side ribcage or is it Chinese/Japanese characters of what I can only assume is yet another fear: monsters under the bed as a metaphor for reaching for her dreams or some such nonsense.

If it is in an Asian language, she probably got it off the wall at the the tattoo studio. She believes it is a deep, philosophical quote about life. It really says, "Will shrink in cold water."

• Love 8
She really enjoys guys fighting over her.  I think she and Shawn are perfect for each other, because he's jealous, and she LIKES that.  he's the guy who's  ready to beat up anyone who dares flirt with his woman, and she will find that SEXY.

Historically, a contestant taking up their one-on-one time with the lead by talking shit about another contestant has been a big turn-off for the lead.  Every season the contestant who insists they're "just saying what everyone else in the house is thinking" is seen as a villain.  

Kaitlyn not only views things the opposite way, she literally encourages them to talk shit about their fellow contestants behind the contestants' backs.

And I also agree that Kaitlyn seems to love being "fought over".  But she doesn't realize that neither of these guys is trying to win her, they're just trying to beat the other guy.  

• Love 11

Boring. Though I did enjoy how much Nick's family meeting looked like they were staging an intervention before he walked in.

I hope at some point Kaitlyn learns that all difficult conversations can't be avoided by shoving your tongue in the other person's mouth. Jiminy pete.

• Love 4
(edited)

This season is such a disjointed bizarre mess. Hometown dates in a hotel? Both sides at the same time having hometown dates just sitting around a living room? What happened to going to their towns and touring them? Chris's season had people going to Iowa and him visiting all the finalists families towns/houses. 

Nick's family hadn't even spoken to him since NY? Not even a phone call or text message?

Edited by Artsda
Boring. Though I did enjoy how much Nick's family meeting looked like they were staging an intervention before he walked in.

It looks like both families got caught in a "free weekend away" scam and didn't read the small print about having to sit through the timeshare sales pitch.

Why was Nick's little sister sobbing?

Isn't that like asking "what happened to your lamb, Clarice?"? 

• Love 20

Is it odd that both families were relieved it was down to the final two?

I don't think Kaitlyn "wants" either guy.  I do think Nick is being genuine, it's his constant eye rolls (which might be a nervous thing) that make him seem shady.  Shawn is just a jealous and possessive guy.  CH even tried to warn Kaitlyn about that before the rose ceremony but she wouldn't listen to him because Shawn is "hot."  I guess I just don't see how he's hot when he's been acting like a jealous jerk since Nick showed up.

Shawn didn't like that Nick came late to the show and Nick's previous reputation for calling out Andi for exactly what Kaitlyn's been openly up to (sex) this season.  Get over it Shawn.  Why has all the drama focused on Nick and Shawn?  Shouldn't the focus be on the Bachelorette that we still know nothing about?  I thought it was odd that Kaitlyn said she had concerns about Nick long term--does this mean he's a bad kisser, because that seems to be how she judges things, the guy has a real job and family, perhaps that's too steady for her.

It's pretty obvious that production thought that this was going no where, that's why they went straight into overnights hoping maybe she'd like Ben more by that point and why they've skipped hometowns, why see Nick's again (the family probably refused to have the show back in their home) and Shawn's an idiot so why waste time there.

• Love 2
(edited)

I liked Nick on Andi's season and I like him here. And I think his family thought the way it panned out with Andi (and how awful she was to him--so cold, after leading him--and the family--on) meant he should not go back on TB.  I think Bella was too old and too close to Nick to be left out, but --hope you're happy about that Andi. You could have handled it so much better.

I don't know if Nick rehabbed his image at all or not. To me, he's conducted himself well (I thought the Eskimo brother thing was exactly what I'd expect from Shawn and if he was bragging about it, why Shouldn't Kaitlyn know? Not that she'd mind, imo. Probably makes him more desirable that he's someone who, just like her, picks up random people in a bar).  I think she was honest that Nick's "deeper" than her usual guys. That's also, imo, why she thinks you don't wait very long to have sex. She and Shawn are perfect for each other. I wouldn't want to spend an hour with either one of them.  As a couple, they'll have a few fun months of stripping in public (hopefully to others' embarrassment because when others are uncomfortable at your actions its always super-hilarious) and pranking people. 

Nick isn't talking to her the way he did to Andi (whom I felt he was really in love with). Hopefully, he isn't expecting to "win". (Plus, wouldn't you be worried in his situation that Shawn would beat you up if you "took his woman" and that he wouldn't stop stalking you? I would.)  But I see Nick as sincere, so he probably really hopes she'll chose him.  I really can't understand it.  Then again, I wouldn't have given Shawn the first impression rose and he would have been sent home at least 6 bachelors ago. But he and Kaitlyn are made for each other... to date for a while.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 10

I didn't watch all seasons, but this has got to be the most producer-directed and manipulated season that I can remember. I've cooled off on Kaitlyn over the season, but I still don't believe that she wanted this much drama. Her prodding with both Nick and Shawn about each other has to be from the producers. It has to be. No one is that dramatic, or dumb.

I remember Ashley H. saying that she took Flapjack to the finals because he wanted guys close to the end that had no chance of changing her mind about JP. Even as how dumb or maybe clueless Kaitlyn has looked this season, I don't believe she hasn't made up her mind by now (in Bachelorette timeline). The easiest thing to do would be to take Ben H. to the finals and everyone will be spared of the drama. But obviously Fleiss and Co. don't want that. So they went for the fireworks instead and Kaitlyn gladly obliged. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I like Nick. He's smart, funny, and they have fun together. I don't understand what isn't sincere about his wanting to come on the show and meet Kaitlyn or why he rings so many people's distrust bells. He seems genuine to me. I like that he tried to be the mature one (mostly) in their face-off, though he's definitely not as mature as the 26-year-old Ben. But Nick's mumbling would drive me crazy.

One of the things that ticks me off about Nick is the fact that he was allowed to participate in this season of The Bachelorette. I know it's just TV, and a reality show at that. However, I'm used to the show's usual (old?) rules. Nick wasn't among Kaitlyn's original group of guys. As far as I'm concerned, he's taken the place of one of the other candidates who was there from the beginning. 

(ETA: Mind you, for all I know my reaction could also involve some Bachelor(ette) brainwashing. I don't think they've ever depicted a candidate who wanted a second chance as anything other than an interloper.)

I realize that the producers are likely to blame as much if not more than Nick or Kaitlyn. Nevertheless, I don't think it's fair that he's there in the first place.

Edited by C76
(edited)

Ok, I'm dragging myself through this wretched season but, wow, it's hard.  

But Kaitlyn...I really do not like her.

Word.  You are not alone!  I realized the second week that Kaitlyn is very unlikeable, a total disaster and it's reflected in the editing of the show and the "hurry up and get it over with" the producers concocted towards the end.  

I want to know what Shawn puts in that great honk of hair sitting on top of his head.  (And, yeah, he looks like Alf.)

Take your smirk and go far, far away Nick.  

Personally, I wish ABC and the producers behind this show would wipe the slate clean, pick a bachelor we've not seen previously and get the train back on the track because if they keep recycling people, I'm out.  I always watch this stupid show for the comedy value but there was none this time and it was basically unwatchable.

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 10
(edited)

I don't think Nick plays well with others--he played the "I didn't come here to make friends" part on Andi's season and he didn't make the least effort that we were shown, anyway, to ingratiate himself with the guys on this season. If he is really like that on a personal or social level, he probably won't be happy with an outgoing person like Kaitlyn seems to be. Of course maybe he has a ton of guy friends in Chicago that he hangs out with, but I really miss the camaraderie and silliness we used to get shown with the bachelors. It will be interesting to see the interactions in the MTA--I really hope the guys had a lot more fun this season than Show showed us.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2

I thought it was odd that Kaitlyn said she had concerns about Nick long term--does this mean he's a bad kisser, because that seems to be how she judges things, the guy has a real job and family, perhaps that's too steady for her.

LOL. I took it as "Nick's pretty deep and I'm obviously as shallow as a paddle pool, so there's no way I can keep him mentally stimulated for the next 5 months, let alone 50 years". And I agree with her on that. Shawn the Eskimo bro is more up her alley for sure.

• Love 7

I don't think Nick plays well with others--he played the "I didn't come here to make friends" part on Andi's season and he didn't make the least effort that we were shown, anyway, to ingratiate himself with the guys on this season. If he is really like that on a personal or social level, he probably won't be happy with an outgoing person like Kaitlyn seems to be. Of course maybe he has a ton of guy friends in Chicago that he hangs out with, but I really miss the camaraderie and silliness we used to get shown with the bachelors. It will be interesting to see the interactions in the MTA--I really hope the guys had a lot more fun this season than Show showed us.

Actually Nick is friendly with most of the guys from this season, if social media is anything to go by, and he made many friends during his previous run as well. Just a few days ago he was hanging out with Ron from Andi's season, who also happens to be close friends with Shawn for the irony of it all. He also has loads of friends both in Milwaukee and Chicago, so he's definitely not the outcast this show tries to paint him as. I do think his main focus on the show is wooing the Bachelorette, so he finds it weird when others care more about bromances than the lead. I, however, think that makes him a right reasons participant if there ever was one. It's ironic that he's always accused of being there for the wrong reasons when there's no proof of that, just the contrary. 

• Love 10

Actually Nick is friendly with most of the guys from this season, if social media is anything to go by, and he made many friends during his previous run as well. Just a few days ago he was hanging out with Ron from Andi's season, who also happens to be close friends with Shawn for the irony of it all. He also has loads of friends both in Milwaukee and Chicago, so he's definitely not the outcast this show tries to paint him as. I do think his main focus on the show is wooing the Bachelorette, so he finds it weird when others care more about bromances than the lead. I, however, think that makes him a right reasons participant if there ever was one. It's ironic that he's always accused of being there for the wrong reasons when there's no proof of that, just the contrary.

I am seriously glad to read this. Show should be ashamed of itself for painting him with an unfriendly brush, not once but twice.

• Love 3

I definitely like Shawn better than Nick, but Nick came up a step in my book when he was masterfully doing The Carlton.

Oh I hated that. It made me think 'Hey. Look at me! Look how fun and kooky I am.'

I also feel like Kaitlyn thinks 'she who laughs loudest is having the most fun.'

Nick's sister Maria reminded me of a cross between Anna Duggar and Jill Duggar.

• Love 1

I don't think the "not here to make friends" portrayal of Nick is made entirely out of whole cloth by TPTB.

It may be that Nick is just the kind of guy who doesn't tend to get along with other guys and gets along better with women.  

My beef with the guy coming back is the "cover story" that he just had to explore a relationship with Kaitlyn (after supposedly just a few perfunctory texts or tweets) before she gets married at the end of this season and he loses her for the rest of his life.

A successful engagement and marriage coming out of any season of this show is a contingency which I wouldn't allow to influence my behavior, given the track record.

I realize that this cover story was necessary because "I'm here to stir the pot" was never something they would admit.  But I do blame Nick for agreeing to go along with it.  

• Love 3

One of the things that ticks me off about Nick is the fact that he was allowed to participate in this season of The Bachelorette. I know it's just TV, and a reality show at that. However, I'm used to the show's usual (old?) rules. Nick wasn't among Kaitlyn's original group of guys. As far as I'm concerned, he's taken the place of one of the other candidates who was there from the beginning. 

(ETA: Mind you, for all I know my reaction could also involve some Bachelor(ette) brainwashing. I don't think they've ever depicted a candidate who wanted a second chance as anything other than an interloper.)

Mary from Bob Guiney's season came back onto Byron Velvick's season and was the F1.

• Love 2

The thing I don't get about Shawn's "wrong reasons" rant about Nick is that Nick is the only one who specifically came on the show for Kaitlyn.

All the other guys had to sign up to be contestants without knowing who the B'ette would be. And this season, even after the initial meeting, they still had 2 girls they could have competed for. Is Shawn so sure he would have quit the show if Britt had won?

• Love 6

The thing I don't get about Shawn's "wrong reasons" rant about Nick is that Nick is the only one who specifically came on the show for Kaitlyn.

The thing that gets me with his rant - and all other rants from previous seasons when this similar situation happened -  is Shawn's indignant "You don't deserve to be here. There are other guys that deserve to be here."

I always LOL at that kind of rant. As if being a contestant on the Bachelor/ette is some kind of achievement that needs to be earned for someone to deserve it!

• Love 10

How about Shawn berating Nick (in the "confrontation" at the beginning of last night's episode), having Nick throw a little back at him (mentioning the Eskimo Bros comment), and then defensively calling Nick "inconsiderate" for daring to criticize him while he's criticizing Nick?

• Love 9

I don't think the "not here to make friends" portrayal of Nick is made entirely out of whole cloth by TPTB.

It may be that Nick is just the kind of guy who doesn't tend to get along with other guys and gets along better with women. 

Well you only have to look at his IG account to see countless pics of him hanging out with his guy friends. If anything, he doesn't gel well with the meathead types who are aplenty on this show, latest example: Shawn. And even then it's them who seem to have a problem with him rather than the other way around. JMO.

• Love 5

I still can't get over that one moment where Kaitlyn was in NYC and looked towards the camera like a Hungry Wolf - eyes gleaming, all wild, mouth all crazy Julia Roberts style - exclaiming "It's NIIiiiiiiick!"

That's the most excitement Kaitlyn has shown over anything this season.  I think she's picking Shawn because he's technically hotter, that's it.  And he is, I agree.  (I know it's subjective).  But she obviously has a lot of chemistry with Nick and I think picking Shawn is kind of weird.  He's hotter than she is, too, and I think she doesn't want to let this "prize" go.  They just don't seem like a good 'couple' to me.

• Love 4

Oh I hated that. It made me think 'Hey. Look at me! Look how fun and kooky I am.'

That very well may have been what he was trying to do, but The Carlton is not an easy dance (no matter how goofy it looks) and he was working it.

• Love 3

That very well may have been what he was trying to do, but The Carlton is not an easy dance (no matter how goofy it looks) and he was working it.

Yeah - I recognized it immediately, and assumed that the reason he was doing it was because they had been discussing Dancing with the Stars, but that was edited out. The Carlton dance was featured pretty heavily on that show this past season.  

I guess we'll be seeing Kaitlyn on it next, huh?  

Watching this is way too painful. I am out until BiP. Kaitlyn is dumb as hell and not even in a fun way to watch. Nick is an idiot for doing this again and Shawn is a low key psycho boyfriend. Oh well. At least I am cackling at everyone on Twitter last night dragging Kaitlyn. The same people who were dragging Britt and shouting for Kaitlyn to be B'ette. Don't they ever learn? Loose canon fan faves always turn into messes during their seasons.

• Love 8

Is it me, or does Shawn refer to her as Kaylin? Maybe he just can't remember names and, left to his own devices, he might start calling her "the other person who is not a guy". 

I think what I "love" most is that although the B'ette gets to pick the final guy, she doesn't get to propose. "I pick you.... now ask me to marry you and see if I will say yes!!" Ooooh the suspense is killing me!!

• Love 7

Honestly, Shawn fans are going to defend Shawn, Ick fans will defend Ick, and those us who can't stand either one of them or Kaitlyn, will criticize every damn one of them for every damn thing we can think of.  It's just the way it goes.  Every season. 

Except Chris Harrison.  I still love him and won't criticize him.  Ever. 

• Love 3
Why did they do the hometown dates at a hotel in Utah?  This season is so screwed up, it's like what is this, show?

It's so frustrating! Barely any rose ceremonies, wonky formatting and no hometowns??! The hotel family visits (interventions) were so boring--just staying in a room when you're in Park City and why Park City of all places? I don't understand why they couldn't fit in only two hometown visits. Also, after the rare rose ceremony, the rest of the episode was pretty anticlimactic, no?

Funny some say the obvious choice is InexplicableLongjohnsGosling--I see it as the opposite and I'm so disturbed by the whole thing. I still want to know if they screwed up casting so bad that they had to bring in Nick as relief and if Nick is indeed her choice why the hell would she tell Shawn she slept with him??

I started to like Nick a little when I thought he dropped Eskimo Brothers last week in reference to both him and Shawn boning Kaitlyn. Disappointed it was in regard to some country singer. Laughable that Nick was like "Are you threatening me??!" when Shawn said he didn't want to hear him say his name OR ELSE. I expected Nick to go running to Kaitlyn and blab that Shawn put a hit on his fluffy head!

Men Tell All is going to be horrible.

• Love 2

How about Shawn berating Nick (in the "confrontation" at the beginning of last night's episode), having Nick throw a little back at him (mentioning the Eskimo Bros comment), and then defensively calling Nick "inconsiderate" for daring to criticize him while he's criticizing Nick?

Yeah, I loved how Shawn was like, "Don't ever mention me to Kaitlyn again or you'll be sorry" directly after the date when Shawn called Nick a terrible person, etc. And Kaitlyn is super dumb for never calling out Shawn for repeatedly mentioning that Nick can't possibly be on the show for her. That doesn't insult Nick, you dolt. 

• Love 8

If I hear another "make-een' or 'walk-een' I think I'll shove some Irish knitting needles in my ears. WHO TALKS LIKE THAT???

I know quite a few people who talk like that.  Some of them are actually quite nice people.

But she obviously has a lot of chemistry with Nick and I think picking Shawn is kind of weird.  He's hotter than she is, too, and I think she doesn't want to let this "prize" go.  They just don't seem like a good 'couple' to me.

I find Shawn utterly unattractive - and I mean physically unattractive.

Just goes to show why we all marry different people!

• Love 8

Yeah, I loved how Shawn was like, "Don't ever mention me to Kaitlyn again or you'll be sorry" directly after the date when Shawn called Nick a terrible person, etc. And Kaitlyn is super dumb for never calling out Shawn for repeatedly mentioning that Nick can't possibly be on the show for her. That doesn't insult Nick, you dolt. 

Yeah, at some point he said something like "I just don't see any reason for him to be here!" and Kaitlyn gave this look like she was thinking "Me? He's here to date me, remember?". I just wish she'd said it out loud. Shawn's exhibiting some proper stalker mentality. That's their whole deal, they think in their delusional mind that they're the only one who truly loves and understands the object of their stalking. Scary. I also have a hard time taking Shawn's love seriously when he keeps referring to her as "the girl". The girl has a name, you know.

I also think he thought it was "inconsiderate" of Nick to bring up his sexcapades on camera, which is hilarious considering Nick wouldn't even know about them had he not bragged about them to his house bros. I doubt it was the "famous country singer" or the girl in question who brought the events to Nick's attention. I guess kissing and telling is fine as long as it's about some random bar girl.

Shawn is just way too irrational for me to deal with. He thinks it's perfectly justified to act like Nick killed a litter of puppies or something, yet Nick trying to defend himself or criticizing Shawn's behaviour means he somehow proved Shawn's point. He really thinks he won that confrontation. So delusional. There's no way to argue fairly with someone like that, and Kaitlyn is an idiot if she volunteers to bang her head against the wall for the rest of her life.

• Love 8

This episode made me like Nick more - seeing him with his family made him seem like less of a con and more just a guy who's not so great with a bunch of other guys.

• Love 4

Mary from Bob Guiney's season came back onto Byron Velvick's season and was the F1.

Exactly. And she was brought in a couple of episodes after it had started. I don't remember it being an issue with the women even if they probably didn't like it (for one thing, unlike Nick, Mary was very popular with the fans). So it didn't seem unusual or offensive at all to me--TB always throws curve balls one way or another so any contestant should be prepared for ... whatever.

I saw Nick trying to get along with the guys and vice versa, except for Shawn. And Shawn's hostility imo is completely misplaced and his insistence on telling Nick that HE knows better than Nick does why Nick's there would be infuriating, esp based on no information at all. I don't even think he saw Andi's season, if I remember correctly. He's just a big, very ARROGANT, jerk.

I commend Nick for continuing to treat him with a politeness that Shawn doesn't return. Has he ever let Nick complete a sentence or thought? He is always interrupting any response Nick makes to his latest (repeated) accusations. I really can't stand that guy. But I think Kaitlyn finds him "sexy" and that's pretty much what it takes.

If she had class (and whatever TPTB want, they surely can't -force- your F2), she would have let Nick go between the NOThometown visit and just kept it chill with Ben H and Shawn to the end. But I think she loves the drama, doesn't mind the hurt feelings that go with it. I think she -loves- having guys fighting over her. I commend Nick for not just walking away already.

• Love 7