Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

On 9/29/2020 at 11:18 AM, JenE4 said:

I’m apparently behind the times and need to still go back and read the other articles posted about Cassie’s restraining order against Colton. Yet, this article covers details on the order, has experts weighing in on the toxicity of such relationships and the media’s part in it—plus a disturbing story about Chad.

“'The Bachelor' Romanticizes Toxic Behavior, and It Has Dangerous Outcomes”
Cassie Randolph's restraining order against Colton Underwood requires us to reexamine how the series romanticizes abusive behavior.

Read in VICE: https://apple.news/AGAq0dMw8SOG5ExDlei0QVA

Wow! I didn't know that about Chad. What a sicko!

Colton needs therapy. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

His cast of women are just gorgeous.  This may be the year the Bachelor goes all Ben Higgins and tells each one in the final six he's in love with them.

Hey, why not really commit and tell every woman he loves her as soon as she gets out of the limo? :D

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

His cast of women are just gorgeous.  This may be the year the Bachelor goes all Ben Higgins and tells each one in the final six he's in love with them.

You are totally right about the cast. The women are all so pretty! 

• Love 1

I saw the preview during DWTS.   Wow, his dates are a lot more fun than the Bachelorette’s.    Sky diving, zip lining, hot air balloon.  Wow.  And, of course, the obligatory shower scene.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I saw the preview during DWTS.   Wow, his dates are a lot more fun than the Bachelorette’s.    Sky diving, zip lining, hot air balloon.  Wow.  And, of course, the obligatory shower scene.  

It seems kind of unfair...they didn’t need to skimp so much on the bachelorette.  

• Love 10

There was one girl on the cast list that said she was 21! Isn’t that the youngest they’ve ever had? 
I liked Alicia and Katie too just based on the photos. I’m excited for this to start but  yeah, Tayshia got shortchanged on the types of dates if they’re able to do all of those dates with the Bachelor!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m excited for this to start but  yeah, Tayshia got shortchanged on the types of dates if they’re able to do all of those dates with the Bachelor!

Can you image if this Bachelor season had dates like the current Bachelorette season, i.e. the women were asked to play strip dodgeball, oil wrestle, bring Matt breakfast in bed, and simulate orgasms over the hotel intercom? Something tells me that would not go over well with Bachelor Nation.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Can you image if this Bachelor season had dates like the current Bachelorette season, i.e. the women were asked to play strip dodgeball, oil wrestle, bring Matt breakfast in bed, and simulate orgasms over the hotel intercom? Something tells me that would not go over well with Bachelor Nation.

Right? We’ve got a long way to go getting rid of double standards. Below Deck is another one of those shows too. It’s gross and not funny to me anyway. 

• Love 2
On 11/19/2020 at 4:38 PM, chocolatine said:

Hey, why not really commit and tell every woman he loves her as soon as she gets out of the limo? 😄

All he has to do is after each intro, turn to the camera and say "I think I just met my wife".  

I'm not gonna do this season, and hope none of you get trauMATTized..... 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

The most attractive women in the group are the ones with the least amount of makeup.  I'm tired of painted on eyebrows that would scare small children, long fake eyelashes, and long hair extensions that seem to be the style these days.

• Love 8
On 11/26/2020 at 10:45 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

There was one girl on the cast list that said she was 21! Isn’t that the youngest they’ve ever had? 
I liked Alicia and Katie too just based on the photos. I’m excited for this to start but  yeah, Tayshia got shortchanged on the types of dates if they’re able to do all of those dates with the Bachelor!

I *think* both MyKenna from Peter's season and BabyBekah from Arie's were 21 during filming, but I might be misremembering.

• Love 3
On 11/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, DEL901 said:

On 11/23/2020 at 9:24 PM, alexa said:

It seems kind of unfair...they didn’t need to skimp so much on the bachelorette.  

The Bachelor does have a bigger budget (it gets higher ratings, generally), but I think The Bachelorette being their first attempt at filming in a bubble put it at a disadvantage. TPTB probably weren't sure how smoothly filming would go, if/when it would be disrupted, and stuck to Southern California out of an abundance of caution. Then, as things turned out okay at the La Quinta (in terms of pandemic safety at least), they could take stock of what was working and what wasn't, and feel more comfortable branching out to another part of the country for the next Bachelor bubble. The timing sucks for the season first out of the gate.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:45 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Bekah was 21 when Arie's season was filming and it was big thing some of the other women in the house held against her, as someone that age was "too young" and "not ready" to settle down, especially with Arie being 36 at the time. It was played like this shocking secret and threw Arie for a loop when he found out. The funny thing is that Bekah entered a relationship shortly after that season and she’s now a mother of two.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:48 AM, chocolatine said:

There was the lingerie pillow fight on Peter's season, women riding tractors in bikinis on the Chris Soules season, and on Ben H's season, there was a stage performance date where the "villain" of the house ended up in a costume that was just a thong on the bottom. IIRC, she was not comfortable with it. On Hannah's Bachelorette season, there was the so-called local tradition of nude couples bungee jumping (online, people familiar with the region were saying, "Yeah no, that is not a thing there."). The strip dodgeball was degrading; bad sexual politics are the norm for this franchise.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Dejana said:

but I think The Bachelorette being their first attempt at filming in a bubble put it at a disadvantage. TPTB probably weren't sure how smoothly filming would go, if/when it would be disrupted, and stuck to Southern California out of an abundance of caution. Then, as things turned out okay at the La Quinta (in terms of pandemic safety at least), they could take stock of what was working and what wasn't, and feel more comfortable branching out to another part of the country for the next Bachelor bubble. The timing sucks for the season first out of the gate.

This whole year has sucked (and I think this year might end up being at least 18 months long).

These dates really are lame even in comparison to general things I heard were happening on the new season of the Bachelor. But when they started filming this, they really were very, very cautious as they should have been, because some things were known but most were not (things were changing almost daily). That being said, they probably could have let horses go somewhere more than 100 feet from the resort pool. On the other hand , Chris Harrison had to really work for his salary this year - and had to place his name on several men 🤣.

One thing I really liked about this quarantined season -  there was a lot of time spent on actual relationships - mostly between the contestants and some with Tayshia and the contestants. We learned real things about these men and I have really enjoyed the depth of lot of their friendships and what I’ve learned about all of them - including in some cases, a total lack of depth.

Maybe the men this season have more depth, or maybe it’s that and there was less petty drama to cull from, but I really see most of these men as actual, unique, complex people.

The producers really had no choice but to share some real human depth and scenes that weren’t manufactured drama. I really hope they take that forward.

• Love 8

17 hours ago, chocolatine said:

a self-professed "queen" (her name is Victoria so I guess that's the joke).

Good catch Chocolatine! I just checked her bio and she sounds completely obnoxious!  Yeah, baby, I love a good villain.  She doesn't seem to be doing anything now but she's  done some jet-setting and started a few jobs in  the, "health and beauty space."  What is that exactly?  That stool by the cosmetics counter in the department store?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Good catch Chocolatine! I just checked her bio and she sounds completely obnoxious!  Yeah, baby, I love a good villain.  She doesn't seem to be doing anything now but she's  done some jet-setting and started a few jobs in  the, "health and beauty space."  What is that exactly?  That stool by the cosmetics counter in the department store?

Haha remember Erica with the tiara? And honestly , tayshia described her “job” as travel in the beauty space 🙂

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That's true, but on Colton's season her job title was the much more down-to-earth "phlebotomist."

Isn’t that amazing what an appearance on a reality show does for your career 😂

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Chris Soules was in an ION TV Christmas movie I watched over the weekend, The Christmas Sitters.  He was only on for a couple of minutes as an office associate of the lead.  I hope he doesn’t quit his day job. 

Do you know if it was filmed before or after the drunk driving accident that killed his neighbor? Because if anyone hired him after that, that's disgusting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Do you know if it was filmed before or after the drunk driving accident that killed his neighbor? Because if anyone hired him after that, that's disgusting.

It was released in 2020 for this holiday season so I have to assume it was filmed afterwards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I watched the movie too and went “Hell NO!” when I saw him. I didn’t even see the point of his cameo. Didn’t comment on it yesterday because I figured the less exposure he got, the better. Ruined the movie for me. 😡

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Okay, I got Madi, Hannah Ann, Kelley, and the Free Space....  If he would just slide into MyKenna's DMs, I could win Peter's Peter Bingo!

I think Hannah B. and the 4 time windmill plus the Free Space would win it too! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

I think Hannah B. and the 4 time windmill plus the Free Space would win it too! 

Good point!  Windmill Jesus takes me over the top!

Or maybe we're playing Bone Yahtzee...

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

This is just too weird.   I used to like Tyler, but he really is a FameHo, isn’t he   And now he is taking attention away from his buddy’s time in the spotlight   

https://people.com/style/the-bachelor-matt-james-tyler-cameron-brazilian-bikini-wax/

Models.   This is why I was never a Tyler fan and not excited about Matt.  Every Bachelor doesn't have to be a neurosurgeon and volunteer fireman, but at least give us a guy who didn't  earn his living wearing make up and posing for the camera.  It's all honest work of course, but I have more respect for my garbage man who performs a useful service and is amazingly strong.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Models.   This is why I was never a Tyler fan and not excited about Matt.  Every Bachelor doesn't have to be a neurosurgeon and volunteer fireman, but at least give us a guy who didn't  earn his living wearing make up and posing for the camera.  It's all honest work of course, but I have more respect for my garbage man who performs a useful service and is amazingly strong.

I love gorgeous men, but I'm not attracted to models or guys super into what they look like, the ones obsessed with fitness and grooming. A man with a regular job who has a handsome face and in decent shape is super sexy to me. I don't need incredible abs and waxing. 

• Love 11

So Dale broke up wth Clare.  They're "on a break" while they "figure things out." Surprise, surprise. Allegedly because he wants to pursue a life and career in NYC, and she is rooted in Sacramento. I only feel 2% bad for her because she's in Sacramento to take care of her mother, but it never would have worked. She rushed impulsively as always, and he doesn't want "BABIES!!" yet.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Arkay said:

So Dale broke up wth Clare.  They're "on a break" while they "figure things out." Surprise, surprise. Allegedly because he wants to pursue a life and career in NYC, and she is rooted in Sacramento. I only feel 2% bad for her because she's in Sacramento to take care of her mother, but it never would have worked. She rushed impulsively as always, and he doesn't want "BABIES!!" yet.   

I hate that.  I liked them together. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6

Yeah I’m shocked , SHOCKED that they broke up . Guess he didn’t “ show up “ for her ( x 3637 times she said it . I don’t feel bad for her at all . I think she was awful to the other guys and just comes off as such a know it all snob . 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Arkay said:

Allegedly because he wants to pursue a life and career in NYC, and she is rooted in Sacramento

We keep hearing variations on this as a reason why Bachelor/ette couples break up or don't really get started. Last I heard Tayshia and Zac are having problems because she's not sure about moving to New York.    I think Dale probably just got sick of Clare, but I really believed in Tayshia and Zac.

Why do they go on a show to "find love" from people who live all across America if moving is out of the question? Just stay home and join some clubs.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Arkay said:

Not surprised at all. He didn’t seem as into her as she wanted him to be. It actually lasted a bit longer than I expected. Clare needs to grow up and calm down. She is impulsive about relationships and it’s hurting her. 

• Love 7