Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Since during the show, Cassie loved Colton like a sweet puppy who follows her around than a man she wants to be married to, so this was inevitable.

Maybe Colton could get with Hannah Brown now, though I think he has better taste and wouldn't wish her on him. But they could both bond over their issue with Rachel Lindsay. 

• Love 3

Based on the fact that Cassie didn't appear to be in love with Colton, I am surprise they lasted this long.  She probably had to put her foot down in order to get him to pack his bags and go home to Utah.

• Love 11

It's unlikely that ABC's decision to cast James is a direct result of recent criticisms, as he's been talking with producers for several months. He was originally scheduled to be a contestant on Clare Crawley's season of The Bachelorette, but production was placed on indefinite hold in March due to the coronavirus pandemic. Said ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke in a statement, "Matt has been on our radar since February, when producers first approached him to join Bachelor Nation, as part of Clare’s season. When filming couldn’t move forward as planned, we were given the benefit of time to get to know Matt and all agreed he would make a perfect Bachelor. We know we have a responsibility to make sure the love stories we’re seeing onscreen are representative of the world we live in and we are proudly in service to our audience. This is just the beginning and we will continue to take action with regard to diversity issues on this franchise. We feel so privileged to have Matt as our first Black Bachelor and we cannot wait to embark on this journey with him."

Pretty sure the producers were aware of Tyler Cameron's bestie even before he applied to Clare's season, but whatever. 

Bachelor and Bachelorette fans who continue to stalk contestants' social media accounts after the shows end may also recognize James from his frequent Instagram and TikTok appearances with former Bachelorette costars Tyler Cameron and Hannah Brown. (James was part of Cameron's so-called "quarantine crew" in Florida. I apologize that you had to read that sentence.)

• Love 4
(edited)

Despite Matty James announced as the next Bachelor, casting is opened from today until mid-September when filming of his season will start on the third Friday of September, which will be the 18.

Matt's season will be the first BN season to film in the scheduled production since Clare's season of The Bachelorette was halted production due to COVID-19 pandemic last March, as the aforementioned The Bachelorette season won't begin till March 2021.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Despite Matty James announced as the next Bachelor, casting is opened from today until mid-September when filming of his season will start on the third Friday of September, which will be the 18.

Matt's season will be the first BN season to film in the scheduled production since Clare's season of The Bachelorette was halted production due to COVID-19 pandemic last March, as the aforementioned The Bachelorette season won't begin till March 2021.

Where did you see that Clare's season won't be filming until next March? Reality Steve said he's heard production will start again in July, but that didn't seem final. The networks are starved for new content because of the shutdowns. I think The Bachelor/Bachelorette will just end up airing at different times of year than normal for a while.

• Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Where did you see that Clare's season won't be filming until next March? Reality Steve said he's heard production will start again in July, but that didn't seem final. The networks are starved for new content because of the shutdowns. I think The Bachelor/Bachelorette will just end up airing at different times of year than normal for a while.

Despite ABC hasn't yet announced where The Bachelorette will take place in the scheduling process, that I don't see on the fall schedule whether might have to wait till next spring if the network will decide it. Unless Dancing with the Stars is always on the September-November programming slot on Monday nights.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Useful 2

Because of the climate for them to even announce this today is why they'd do Matt first. They've been being attacked for no diversity and this was their way to shut everyone up. "Look we're doing it!" 

I do like the choice of Matt, especially after the Claire drama. 

Good for Rachel for calling the timing out and basically saying its a bamdaid. 

• Love 6

Agree with Rachel. Total bullshit pressure. I suppose every ethnic group will now need to protest in order to become a lead? What about LGBTQ? Should they start marching?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Wonder why the bachelor would be started before Claire’s season? They must be eager to show they are finally being diverse ..but not fair to Claire .

After how Claire went after Matt she kinda turned me off. I'm not mad abut her season being postponed.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, mommalib said:

After how Claire went after Matt she kinda turned me off. I'm not mad abut her season being postponed.

Yeah, it left a bad taste.  

Will be interesting, if her season does go on, how many of the announced guys stick around.   I am sure the vast majority were expecting Madison or Hannah Ann who are around 23, not someone Clare’s age.   A mature Bachelorette is great for the viewers only if, IMO, if the bachelors are in the right age group, for the most part.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Yeah, it left a bad taste.  

Will be interesting, if her season does go on, how many of the announced guys stick around.   I am sure the vast majority were expecting Madison or Hannah Ann who are around 23, not someone Clare’s age.   A mature Bachelorette is great for the viewers only if, IMO, if the bachelors are in the right age group, for the most part.  

I think most of the bachelors will have to be re-cast.  How many of the original guys are going to be able to clear their work schedule, yet again? Or are still not in a relationship? Of course, COVID might have slowed down that factor.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

Because of the climate for them to even announce this today is why they'd do Matt first. They've been being attacked for no diversity and this was their way to shut everyone up. "Look we're doing it!" 

I do like the choice of Matt, especially after the Claire drama. 

Good for Rachel for calling the timing out and basically saying its a bamdaid. 

you know they cant win either way. if they didnt do this, she would keep complaining, and they complied to quickly and shes complaining. sorry you cant have it both ways. I will watch because I am hooked on this series 🙂

• Love 4

I don’t really understand why they are pushing Claire to the side and just throwing in the Bachelor first.  So the woman gets shoved aside to make room for someone else?  I am not saying he shouldn’t be the bachelor, but her series was interrupted.  I find it in poor taste to make her wait.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I mean it's possible they're just trying to get back on the regular schedule, which would mean The Bachelor is filming at that time. But who am I kidding, it's probably also totally jumping on a wave of public sentiment and trying to show how inclusive they supposedly are. 

Claire must be feeling though like she's never going to be the Bachelorette. Girlfriend's been waiting for this since Juan Pablo's season and when she finally gets her moment, a global pandemic hits. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Personally, I hope they let Claire get her chance first. I'm not a big fan of her, but it would be unfair to make her wait just so the Bachelor franchise can appear woke. If the franchise sincerely intends to change then waiting a year will not matter and they can still make Matt the Bachelor next year. Longevity will tell the true story, anyway. And shoving a woman aside to make way for a man is not a good look too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I think Claire has been shooting herself in the foot.  After the guys were announced, she made a few online posts that didn’t go down well.  She was basically upbraiding some of the guys for being game whores, IIRC.   And one post seemed to be directed at Matt.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/12/2020 at 9:26 AM, ApprenticeFan said:

I think Claire's season should be filmed before Matt's. Claire has waited a long time to have her season filmed.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

Matt reminds me facially of Kobe Bryant.  Creeps me out.  I'll be bypassing his season, as I've lost my patience for shrieking, superficial 22 year-olds.  And guarantee that's what his season will be stocked with. 

• Love 2

I'm happy because I find Matt more attractive than the vast majority of Bachelors (Peter, Colton, Nick, etc. are SO not my type). I wish he were older, since the girls will be annoying 23 year olds, but there's nothing he can do about that. 

Isn't Clare's season still going to film first, though? I thought I read that hers will go ahead first (in July) and then Matt will film in September. Has something changed? Chris Harrison was responding to comments saying something like that a few days ago. 

• Love 2
On 6/13/2020 at 9:52 PM, alexa said:

I don’t really understand why they are pushing Claire to the side and just throwing in the Bachelor first.  So the woman gets shoved aside to make room for someone else?  I am not saying he shouldn’t be the bachelor, but her series was interrupted.  I find it in poor taste to make her wait.  

Because they want to bad to appease everyone and get in the spotlight as being one of the first to make big changes . Really unfair to Claire ( as little as i care for her in this role)

On 6/15/2020 at 11:01 PM, RandomWatcher said:

And Kaitlyn is going to be on Dancing with the Stars

Omg i hope she is ousted first episode - her reaction was so over the top . Bring back trista!!

• Love 4
On 6/15/2020 at 10:52 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I can’t imagine the amount of drop outs for Clare’s season now that the guys know there is no chance they will become the bachelor . 

That to me is the saddest . This show was always over produced but organic in the beginning , with real feelings and not an audition for the bachelor or bachelor in paradise . It’s like the real world became an audition for the challenge - sad.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

That to me is the saddest . This show was always over produced but organic in the beginning , with real feelings and not an audition for the bachelor or bachelor in paradise . It’s like the real world became an audition for the challenge - sad.

I totally agree, and you can feel it when you watch the show.  As someone else said, even though I don't like Sean, it was refreshing seeing a season before the auditioning took over every episode.  I am pretty sure it is why my interest has waned for the last several seasons.  You can tell it isn't genuine for anyone, except for the bach/ette.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, alexa said:

I totally agree, and you can feel it when you watch the show.  As someone else said, even though I don't like Sean, it was refreshing seeing a season before the auditioning took over every episode.  I am pretty sure it is why my interest has waned for the last several seasons.  You can tell it isn't genuine for anyone, except for the bach/ette.

And often times , I question the bachelor/ettes sincerity too . They want fame as much as the rest of them . Hell, they were the contestants praying to be the bachelor on the previous season . 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

And often times , I question the bachelor/ettes sincerity too . They want fame as much as the rest of them . Hell, they were the contestants praying to be the bachelor on the previous season . 

Agreed!  

On 6/14/2020 at 4:44 AM, waving feather said:

Personally, I hope they let Claire get her chance first. I'm not a big fan of her, but it would be unfair to make her wait just so the Bachelor franchise can appear woke. If the franchise sincerely intends to change then waiting a year will not matter and they can still make Matt the Bachelor next year. Longevity will tell the true story, anyway. And shoving a woman aside to make way for a man is not a good look too.

In this case Matt is a black man and considering the circumstances and the history of the Bachelor franchise when it comes to racism, I have no problem with a white woman taking a back seat to a black man.

• Love 1
On 6/14/2020 at 12:33 PM, Mabinogia said:

Which, considering he jumped ship to be Bachelor sure seems like she hit that nail on the head. 

No she didn't hit the nail Matt was using his platform for good. He was raising money for people impacted by the coronavirus. I feel Claire gave a glimpse of her personality when she attacked Matt  and it's not a good look.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just can't fathom the mindset of a person voluntarily going into this franchise at this moment in time, white or black.  I hope they cast some Asian and Hispanic girls for him too.  

So much we viewers used to consider the "upside" is all but gone.  Exotic travel, luxe accommodations in various resorts, public dates, concerts with crowds, hometown dates & meeting families.   I don't buy having loads of fabulous dates at just one resort. 

This show is going to be a shell of it's former self, and I just don't see what any of these people are going to get out of it.  Every kiss is going to be a potential virus dump, regardless of the supposed 2 week precautions.  I doubt they'll all make it out unscathed.  Though by the Fantasy suites, I guess they'll know who's safe to bang. 

Just ick. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, alexa said:

And yet I watch . Haven’t missed a season!!

• Love 2

Tensions are high but the rules here remain the same. Please remember to keep your comments to the leads and contestants. Refrain from assigning reasoning to your fellow poster's thoughts and/or accusing them of prejudices. 

• Love 1
On 6/17/2020 at 11:57 AM, mommalib said:

No she didn't hit the nail Matt was using his platform for good. He was raising money for people impacted by the coronavirus. I feel Claire gave a glimpse of her personality when she attacked Matt  and it's not a good look.

it is always interesting when contestants have these charities--was that Colton who had one? Matt like many contestants clearly was planning to use his "fame" to promote himself but Im in to watch his season. I just dont think he should jump ahead of Claire so bachelor nation can look "hip"

• Love 4
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

it is always interesting when contestants have these charities--was that Colton who had one? Matt like many contestants clearly was planning to use his "fame" to promote himself but Im in to watch his season. I just dont think he should jump ahead of Claire so bachelor nation can look "hip"

Your making an assumption about Matt James with nothing to substantiate the assumption. I don't see how you can or why you would refute that what he was doing. As for Claire after she let her personality peak out i'm not as interested in her season. 

• Love 1

People go on TV to be seen and get personal attention.  Period.  If they didn't want both, they'd hire ad agencies to advertise their pet projects, without their names & faces.  

Every man and woman, on every iteration of this franchise, is there for exactly the same reasons.  To be seen and get personal attention. 

Assigning more altruistic and generous motives to why these folks participate is baseless.  

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, mommalib said:

Your making an assumption about Matt James with nothing to substantiate the assumption. I don't see how you can or why you would refute that what he was doing. As for Claire after she let her personality peak out i'm not as interested in her season. 

no assumptions just an observation.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:48 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I mean it's possible they're just trying to get back on the regular schedule, which would mean The Bachelor is filming at that time. But who am I kidding, it's probably also totally jumping on a wave of public sentiment and trying to show how inclusive they supposedly are. 

Claire must be feeling though like she's never going to be the Bachelorette. Girlfriend's been waiting for this since Juan Pablo's season and when she finally gets her moment, a global pandemic hits. 

I like Claire, but I think she will go out of her way NOT to meet someone to continue in this show.

Edited by nlkm9
typo.
On 5/30/2020 at 12:14 AM, waving feather said:

Since during the show, Cassie loved Colton like a sweet puppy who follows her around than a man she wants to be married to, so this was inevitable.

Maybe Colton could get with Hannah Brown now, though I think he has better taste and wouldn't wish her on him. But they could both bond over their issue with Rachel Lindsay. 

I always thought Colton was turned on by the fact that Cassie wasnt terribly interested. who was her best friend on the show that said they had to try and "win". I wish them both well.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I always thought Colton was turned on by the fact that Cassie wasnt terribly interested. who was her best friend on the show that said they had to try and "win".

Caelynn. Their "plan" - as alleged by Kirpa and Tayshia - was that one of them would be F1 and the other become the next Bachelorette. Only half of it came true. BTW, while I was never a fan Hannah B, I was happy that she got the gig over smug, manipulative Caelynn and her bad plastic surgery.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Caelynn. Their "plan" - as alleged by Kirpa and Tayshia - was that one of them would be F1 and the other become the next Bachelorette. Only half of it came true. BTW, while I was never a fan Hannah B, I was happy that she got the gig over smug, manipulative Caelynn and her bad plastic surgery.

thank you!! I find it so easy to forget!!

32 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

thank you!! I find it so easy to forget!!

I'm kind of mad at myself for remembering. There are so many more important things that could be occupying that space in my brain. :D

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I'm kind of mad at myself for remembering. There are so many more important things that could be occupying that space in my brain. 😄

Funny but i remember every single last detail in the very early seasons because to me they were so much more authentic, but starting around the influencer stuff i paid less and less attention because the contestants seemed so interchangeable. Sad .

• Love 5