Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Oh so sad.  I found that after my son's father and I got divorced with joint custody, that I became overly lenient, too. You want your precious time together to be all sunshine and part of you wants to let the other parent be the heavy.  Poor Michelle what an awful price she's having to pay for a very human slip.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Oh so sad.  I found that after my son's father and I got divorced with joint custody, that I became overly lenient, too. You want your precious time together to be all sunshine and part of you wants to let the other parent be the heavy.  Poor Michelle what an awful price she's having to pay for a very human slip.

But kids with strict parents rebel and misbehave all the time, sometimes even more so than kids with lenient parents. Even if Michelle had made her daughter leave the house with the helmet on, there's no guarantee she wouldn't have taken it off because she wanted to look cool in front of her friends. This sounds like a terrible, tragic accident, not a failure of parenting. I hope Michelle realizes that at some point, otherwise she'll spend the rest of her life in self-recrimination.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

This sounds like a terrible, tragic accident, not a failure of parenting. 

Oh yes, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.  when I called it a little slip that's all I thought it was and no parent gets by without a few little slips,  probably every day.  I wouldn't go so far as to say it's nothing or not to tell your kids to wear a helmet, because  they might rebel and take it off when they're out of sight.  Not providing them with one and not telling them to wear it  guarantees they wont be protected.

• Love 2

It’s very sad. I’ve watched several films about brain and spinal cord injuries recently and it’s just heartbreaking. One documentary is called Coma. (On HBO or Amazon, I think.). There were varying outcomes, but none ideal.  I can’t imagine the pain and worry.  

It just dawned on me what "I'm alone in here" means.  In ordinary times her mother and best friends would be with her.  How terrible this is in every way.

My son had a scull fracture when he was four, nowhere as severe as this, but it has still affected his entire life.  It too was "an accident" but I'll feel guilty forever because of it and replay all the things I would have done differently if I had a do over. There's just no escaping that for parents. My heart is breaking for Michelle right now.

• Love 1
(edited)

I listened to most of Kaitlyn's podcast with Peter.  He says they aren't dating but he likes her as more then a friend and wants to take things slow after his last two relationships.  Which means he doesn't want to say they are dating to look like a complete douche.  He was podcasting from Kelly's apartment under her zoom account.

Peter is essential and still flying.

Kelly joined them for 'happy hour'.

Edited by mic813
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Courtney Robertson is the guest on Reality Steve's latest podcast. She's 7 months pregnant and engaged! They talk about her life now but also Peter's season, her season with Ben F, dating in Bachelor Nation, and the process of writing her book.  At the beginning he talks about general Bachelorette filming rumors but no actual spoilers, as there is nothing to spoil at the moment:

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1

Apparently, Michelle Money is taking a social media break, but her ex (Brielle's dad) still posts. She is off the ventilator, talking, making jokes, moving all extremities. That is wonderful news.

rcmoney

Update Mon April 13
We moved to the NTU and Brielle has come in guns a blazin. Pretty sure that we can confidently say that her personality has not changed. 48 hours ago we had not heard her talk....and now this. When FaceTiming Ashley and the kids, Ash asked her if I was entertaining her and she said, “He's driving me crazy.” She also wants "coconut redbull", "Diet Coke" and "Ben & Jerry's ice cream" pretty bad.
She currently has 3 favorite pastimes: giving the medical staff and myself a hard time, talking about what she wants to drink, or sleeping. As her father, I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. She also had her first food in over 2 weeks. She had some yogurt and some thickened Powerade.
She is recognizing many people in the photos that are up in her room. To think back about all the questions we had about her and the extent of her injuries, this helps us know some important things. We are definitely not out of the woods yet on all of this, but to hear her talk, make symmetrical expressions, eat, and move all of her extremities in physical therapy is HUGE and literally nothing short of a miracle. Brielle's progress in the last 24 hours is absolutely contributed to you prayers. I am SO GRATEFUL for you. I cry many times thinking about how grateful I am. Thank you! (If you look at the clock this was taken at 12:40am). #briellestrong

• Love 10

Well I'm happy to read that.  I always liked Jenna, I thought she was a hoot on her Bachelor season (fooling around at the group bowling date) and the little love story on BIP was sweet.  

I also think she's one of the most beautiful Bachelor women.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Well I'm happy to read that.  I always liked Jenna, I thought she was a hoot on her Bachelor season (fooling around at the group bowling date) and the little love story on BIP was sweet.  

I also think she's one of the most beautiful Bachelor women.

After seeing this, I can't NOT like her...

• Love 8

It's funny how Peter Weber is all over Kelley now. When the show first started I thought they would be a good match because of their backgrounds, family, age and stage of life. But he was only chasing the young perky girls on the show and almost punished her consistently for not being one of them. I get him wanting to get back with her, but she's too nice to take him back.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, waving feather said:

It's funny how Peter Weber is all over Kelley now. When the show first started I thought they would be a good match because of their backgrounds, family, age and stage of life. But he was only chasing the young perky girls on the show and almost punished her consistently for not being one of them. I get him wanting to get back with her, but she's too nice to take him back.

She is the one he spent a night with before the show.  My take was that this was why she didn’t make it to the fantasy suites. He wanted new notches on his headboard.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Im so fried from quarantine, which season was jenna on? she is beautiful.....I would like a recap too.

She was on Arie's season of The Bachelor, then she was involved in a love triangle on BIP with Benoit and Jordan, and ended up getting engaged to Jordan. Then there was a "cheating scandal" with screenshots of texts as "proof". Jordan played the victim and dumped Jenna. Jenna claimed she'd have proof that the texts were fake, which is apparently what the RS podcast is about. I don't really care about any of the people involved, so whatever.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I don't really care about any of the people involved, so whatever.

Speaking of not really caring, I just read that the pandemic is ruining business for lots of  influencers.  I guess with death at the door some people are no longer  interested in which brands of mascara the Hannahs are using.   When this is all over some may actually have to get jobs!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
Just now, JudyObscure said:

Speaking of not really caring, I just read that the pandemic is ruining business for lots of  influencers.  I guess with death at the door some people are no longer  interested in which brands of mascara the Hannahs are using.   When this is all over some may actually have to get jobs!

Yes, they may have to get real jobs where you have to work 40 hours a week - the horror.

Never want anyone to suffer from a lack of income, but I really, really love how the biggest social media stars and influencers are those that are saving lives and risking their lives (including all those in grocery stores, truckers, and delivery services) so that the rest of us are safe.

I really hope this focus continues and we become a less “celebrity-centric” culture.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I've always thought the "influencer" thing was a fad. I just thought it'd slowly fizzle out over the next five years or so by becoming too diluted - if everyone is an influencer, then no-one is - instead of dropping abruptly like it's doing now. But either way is fine by me. 😀 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Dejana said:

Not sure I agree that being socially sequestered constitutes being a couple.  I think he was visiting and got shut down from leaving.  LOL!!!

If so, however, good on them.

Have to wonder with the airline shutdowns, whether he's even flying anymore.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, b2H said:

Not sure I agree that being socially sequestered constitutes being a couple.  I think he was visiting and got shut down from leaving.  LOL!!!

IDK, Peter strikes me as the type who basically dates whoever is around so I'm sure as far as he's concerned they are living together now rather than just quarantined. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

IDK, Peter strikes me as the type who basically dates whoever is around so I'm sure as far as he's concerned they are living together now rather than just quarantined. 

What is poor Mama Webber doing with her little boy so far away - is she FaceTiming Kelly so he two of them can “make” Peter’s breakfast together.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 9:03 AM, b2H said:

If so, however, good on them.

Have to wonder with the airline shutdowns, whether he's even flying anymore.

Peter made the Bachelor podcast rounds in early April and discussed reconnecting with Kelley. Some fans think Peter and Kelley are being cagey about the timeline of their involvement. Madison has...feelings about it all:

Prewett also claimed that just days before the photos surfaced online, Weber had reached out to her in an attempt to get back together.

“What was really confusing to me was that two days before he was spotted in Chicago he was calling me and texting me ‘I miss you, let’s get back together.’ I think that to me was a little confusing,” she said. “We definitely handle breakups very differently.”

But while Weber eventually texted her to explain his side of the story, Prewett said she has yet to hear from Flanagan.

“I haven’t spoken to her in a really long time,” she said. “To me, that was the most hurtful thing. We walked through so much together. That was a friendship that I thought — I thought she was going to be in my wedding, I thought we were going to be best friends for life."

In response, Peter implied there was more to the story and felt she should have more "respect for this situation", but didn't exactly deny her claims. It absolutely fits the pattern of how he's acted so far. Still, I get the sense that Kelley is really into Pilot Pete, for whatever reason.

Victoria F confirms being in Iowa:

Whenever I'm going to spend weeks on a farm during a pandemic, I always bring my party dresses! OTOH, this connection with Prince Farming is pretty new, dressing to impress isn't so unusual...

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 5
On 4/30/2020 at 11:46 AM, DEL901 said:

https://people.com/tv/abc-bachelor-airing-best-of-episodes/

New “Bachelor Best of” series as a time filler. 

Yes, a time filler and a snooze fest, if the featured seasons I read about are accurate:  Ben Higgins, Sean Lowe?  Enough, no more!  Why do they keep harking back to the most boring and annoying contestants ever?  I can't take one more second of Sean Lowe.  I'd rather see footage of the early shows, when they were actually interesting, like Meredith and Ian, Ashley and J.P., Jason and Molly/Melissa, Jillian and Reid, Andy and Tessa, etc.  But we'll probably be grinding our teeth by the time the show is over because all the most cringe-worthy villians like Corinne will get 99.9% of the air time.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Recyclorette said:

Yes, a time filler and a snooze fest, if the featured seasons I read about are accurate:  Ben Higgins, Sean Lowe?  Enough, no more!  Why do they keep harking back to the most boring and annoying contestants ever?  I can't take one more second of Sean Lowe.  I'd rather see footage of the early shows, when they were actually interesting, like Meredith and Ian, Ashley and J.P., Jason and Molly/Melissa, Jillian and Reid, Andy and Tessa, etc.  But we'll probably be grinding our teeth by the time the show is over because all the most cringe-worthy villians like Corinne will get 99.9% of the air time.

I'd love for them to really go back to the beginning - likes seasons 1 - 5, so the folks who are just joining in recently (like my dear hubby, who's only been watching for like five years) can see what this franchise used to be like.

Ever notice that the retrospectives nearly NEVER go back more than a few years?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Agreed. Back then before social media and all the spin offs it was actually a great show. Remember crazy kristi from Aaron’s season 😂. Lanny from merediths ? ( my all time fave). All of Andrew Firestone’s season !!!

• Love 6

I think that they don't go back very far for retrospectives a they want to focus on people who they deem may become a part of other spin-offs such as Bachelor in Paradise, Winter Games, etc.  They have a very specific age range that they seem to focus on with the exception of Claire as Bachelorette.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think that they don't go back very far for retrospectives a they want to focus on people who they deem may become a part of other spin-offs such as Bachelor in Paradise, Winter Games, etc.  They have a very specific age range that they seem to focus on with the exception of Claire as Bachelorette.

Speaking of Claire, anyone taking odds she is the Bachelorette when filming finally resumes....

• LOL 4
On 5/14/2020 at 5:28 PM, Mabinogia said:

Is that supposed to be a  picture of Kaitlyn Bristowe from Bachelor? That looks NOTHING like her. WTF did she do to herself? YIKES!

So much crazy work. Smart business woman but ugh. 

• Love 1