Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I think he had Gillian barre syndrome which is really really scary. I had a friend who was paralyzed from that. Hoping he will be ok.

Last I read, he was doing quite well. Thank goodness. 

• Love 3

I would have put $ down that Demi’s “ heroics” in coming out we’re all for Insta fame and no shocker that her next relationship was a guy in bachelor land. Ridiculous ! Like Hanna b she keeps showing up . Ugh.

• Love 7
On 1/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, Dejana said:

ON 1/9/2020 AT 8:19 AM,  TRUTHABOUTLUV SAID: 

And somewhere Jed is thinking, "if I'd just held off for another year".

Jed would probably fare worse on a show where music is one of the main points, because the other hopefuls would make it even more obvious that singing is not his gift.

True, but Jed definitely doesn't know it. I'm sure he's attributing his failure to launch to his bad press alone and not to his off-key caterwauling. Anyone who toted his guitar everywhere and ill-advisedly broke into song on camera in hopes of catching some record producer's attention is certainly not someone with awareness of his vocal limitations. 

I would have put $ down that Demi’s “ heroics” in coming out we’re all for Insta fame and no shocker that her next relationship was a guy in bachelor land. Ridiculous ! Like Hanna b she keeps showing up . Ugh.

Oh, of course. And really, did she have much to lose in the modern era by "coming out" for 10 seconds? Even 10 years ago, perhaps that would have been a humongous deal, but a Hollywood hopeful, particularly a young, pretty woman in 2019 America? Not exactly the kind of thing that was going to make history.

I'd argue that a MALE contestant who engaged in a brief bisexual relationship on national tv would find a different set of a challenges for that action, as female/female dalliances are far more accepted than male/male in terms of experimentation with sexuality. Demi will just go back to dating men and no one will think anything of it.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 13
On 1/14/2020 at 12:13 PM, ljenkins782 said:

True, but Jed definitely doesn't know it. I'm sure he's attributing his failure to launch to his bad press alone and not to his off-key caterwauling. Anyone who toted his guitar everywhere and ill-advisedly broke into song on camera in hopes of catching some record producer's attention is certainly not someone with awareness of his vocal limitations. 

Oh, of course. And really, did she have much to lose in the modern era by "coming out" for 10 seconds? Even 10 years ago, perhaps that would have been a humongous deal, but a Hollywood hopeful, particularly a young, pretty woman in 2019 America? Not exactly the kind of thing that was going to make history.

I'd argue that a MALE contestant who engaged in a brief bisexual relationship on national tv would find a different set of a challenges for that action, as female/female dalliances are far more accepted than male/male in terms of experimentation with sexuality. Demi will just go back to dating men and no one will think anything of it.

Nikki Tutorials just came out on YouTube as having transitioned from male to female when she was 19. Last I checked, she had 25 million views. I don’t know if the video is monetized, but if so that would translate to mid six figure profit. For one 17 minute video that probably was done in 4 hours, start to finish. Worst case scenario, she gets crap from 1% of commenters. Even if it’s not monetized, she’ll bank big time. Most of what I’ve heard has been overwhelmingly positive for her. She apparently came out because she was being blackmailed by people who were going to out her.

Demi did it as an attention grab and it worked. She’s getting a payday too, just not as big as Nikki, who seems sincere and earned it.

• Love 1

Re:  The "White Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" that Victoria modeled was from a Marlin (the fish) conservation group.  All about conserving white and blue marlins.

My guess is, she was hired for a shoot, and just showed up and put on the shirts, thinking hey, it's a paycheck and a good cause.  Poor choice?  Yes.  Nefarious?  I don't think so.

I mean, like, I don't, like, like her, but like, for other reasons.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-bachelor-contestant-victoria-f-loses-cosmo-cover-over-white-lives-matter-shoot

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Bachelor Peter clarifies his thoughts on the white lives matter controversy.

“The Bachelor” star Peter Weber has spoken out to clarify his feelings regarding the controversy over contestant Victoria Fuller’s involvement with the White Lives Matter movement.

On Wednesday, the pilot sat down with “Access Hollywood” to discuss how he really feels about Fuller modeling in “White Lives Matter attire” in an ad campaign.

“I never supported Victoria with the campaign that she was a part of,” Weber said. “I’m learning about all of this as it comes out, just like everyone else is.”

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Wow - it was about fish people. Fish. 

Yes we understand that, but by using the slogan "white lives matter' about fish the company is  obviously playing on the phrase, "black lives matter."  It's making a joke at the expense of a very serious issue and many consider that in bad taste.  "Save the Marlins," would have been much nicer, with the bonus that people would actually have a clue what they' were talking about.

• Love 23

Why of all things would they emulate the "Black Lives Matter" with their slogan of "White Lives Matter" in regards to Marlins?  It's in bad taste.  Looks like there are some Confederate Flags in the promotional material which is also in bad taste.

Bad taste = Racial? You decide.

Why they went there in their slogans and advertising has me giving them the side-eye.  It certainly doesn't give me any motivation to support their "cause".

I don't know of Victoria F is just a contracted model looking to make a buck, or if she supports their methods/causes.  But she should have put more thought into accepting the modeling gig.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

Why of all things would they emulate the "Black Lives Matter" with their slogan of "White Lives Matter" in regards to Marlins?  It's in bad taste.  Looks like there are some Confederate Flags in the promotional material which is also in bad taste.

Bad taste = Racial? You decide.

Why they went there in their slogans and advertising has me giving them the side-eye.  It certainly doesn't give me any motivation to support their "cause".

I don't know of Victoria F is just a contracted model looking to make a buck, or if she supports their methods/causes.  But she should have put more thought into accepting the modeling gig.

Since they’re about saving the environment I’m hoping for bad taste and stupidity- but then the confederate flag is there ....

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Since they’re about saving the environment I’m hoping for bad taste and stupidity- but then the confederate flag is there ....

That's my problem with it too. It's nice that they're trying to save endangered fish, but the end does not justify the means.

• Love 12
On 2/6/2020 at 8:01 PM, deSchenke said:

don't know of Victoria F is just a contracted model looking to make a buck, or if she supports their methods/causes.  But she should have put more thought into accepting the modeling gig.

Well we know what happens when Victoria puts thought into things. Her big brown eyes fill with tears, her brain gets stuck in a loop of, "Um, I don't know, um, um, um ..." until she gets nauseated and has to go lie down.   She seriously may never have heard of Black Lives Matter in her young life of going to country music concerts, hooking up with the musicians, and ironing her hair.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Sadie from Prince Lorenzo’s season looks like a cartoon caricature. Wow, a bit overdone with Botox and plastic surgery, ya think?! This is from her Instagram. 

YIKES! People actually WANT to look like that. Like, she paid to look that way? WTF is wrong with people? She looks absurd

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

I would rather read a book written by Colton than Peter. And I don’t care what it’s even about. 

I don't disagree. Of course, I would only read either if reading nothing wasn't an option.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

I don't disagree. Of course, I would only read either if reading nothing wasn't an option.

Before I read anything he "wrote", I would read the label on every jar in my fridge, every box in my pantry, every frozen veggie bag in my freezer, every shampoo & conditioner bottle in my shower, every cold medication package, every instruction manual for every small appliance I own, my car's warranty manual, etc, etc, etc.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

32 Behind-The-Scenes Facts About "The Bachelor" That Just Might Change The Way You See The Show
"Producers track the contestants' menstrual cycles."

Read in BuzzFeed: https://apple.news/AxC5C4yj2QdOA9uEnXEMDUw

EXCLUSIVE: ABC Exec on ‘Bachelor’ Finale Rumors and What’s Been ‘Too Much’ This Season (Exclusive)
Rob Mills spoke with ET about 'The Bachelor's sexy Oscars promo and what it means for the drama ahead!

Read in Entertainment Tonight: https://apple.news/AHpksxyrgTb-JBUmSobVdaA

1 hour ago, kazza said:

So we're just going to pretend that commercial during the Oscars didn't happen, right? Cool.

OMG, I didn’t watch the Oscars so didn’t see the commercial. But man, I really don’t believe that is actually Peter’s chest - it’s all manly and enjoyable 

• LOL 3

They also can't bring clothes with "stripes, small checkered patterns, giant patterns, solid white, or branded logos," according to Sean Lowe's tell-all. (However, this is pretty standard for filming any TV show.)

Now we know why Kelly got such a bad edit at the end.

• LOL 1

Did anybody else just see that on "Single Parents"?

Tyler from Hannah B's season just had a cameo role as a mail circular delivery person. He's shined up quite nicely after his time with the Hollywood circuit. Looks better than ever!

Good for him!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Did anybody else just see that on "Single Parents"?

Tyler from Hannah B's season just had a cameo role as a mail circular delivery person. He's shined up quite nicely after his time with the Hollywood circuit. Looks better than ever!

Good for him!

Agree, good for him. Tyler seems like a sweet man. Very down to earth despite his looks. 

• Love 4