Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

On 3/22/2020 at 7:00 AM, DEL901 said:

But he can’t move just yet.  He is on self isolation with his family.    Maybe in a few months....

Or a few years, or 5 potential relationships not working out after encountering Mama Weber 

Edited by Stats Queen
Typos do change the meaning of a sentence
  • Love 3

I bet he'll put off moving out as long as possible. He's still used to his over nighter windmilling partners JoYfuLLy rising earlier than him, to have the privilege of preparing Prince Peter his new day breakfast meal with his mommy. All this while he luxuriously sleeps in, to later arrive to a table set with a hot cooked breakfast ready and waiting for his awesome entrance and presence bestowed upon the lower floors adoring handmaidens.

What the heck? What about the other  way around and the "guest" getting breakfast cooked for her?

Also, mommy won't be there to iron his clothes as he seemed incapable of doing himself, as seen in Australia's meeting with Chris Harrison.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

I bet he'll put off moving out as long as possible. He's still used to his over nighter windmilling partners JoYfuLLy rising earlier than him, to have the privilege of preparing Prince Peter his new day breakfast meal with his mommy. All this while he luxuriously sleeps in, to later arrive to a table set with a hot cooked breakfast ready and waiting for his awesome entrance and presence bestowed upon the lower floors adoring handmaidens.

What the heck? What about the other  way around and the "guest" getting breakfast cooked for her?

Also, mommy won't be there to iron his clothes as he seemed incapable of doing himself, as seen in Australia's meeting with Chris Harrison.

Thank you! I haven’t laughed that much in days.

9 hours ago, SassyCat said:

That does sound nice. Lol.

But in all seriousness, I don't see the point of him moving out if he's still going to be based in LA and if he's single. I get moving out to move in with a significant other when ready but no point to move out just to prove a point to people. His mother's over involvement with his love life has more to do with their relationship in general and less about him still staying at home. I also doubt Barb interfere with his actual girlfriends much. It seems to me she just wanted attention on TV and got it by creating drama.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, waving feather said:

But in all seriousness, I don't see the point of him moving out if he's still going to be based in LA and if he's single. I get moving out to move in with a significant other when ready but no point to move out just to prove a point to people. His mother's over involvement with his love life has more to do with their relationship in general and less about him still staying at home. I also doubt Barb interfere with his actual girlfriends much. It seems to me she just wanted attention on TV and got it by creating drama.

I bet she interferes a lot. She doesn't want him choosing someone she doesn't approve of. He should move out if he can afford it. It's about his becoming independent, which he clearly is not. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, valen said:

She doesn't want him choosing someone she doesn't approve of. He should move out if he can afford it. It's about his becoming independent, which he clearly is not. 

Isn't that every parent though? It's just that his mother has been so vocal about it on national television. That's the problem. But every parent would want their child to choose someone they approve of. I still believe that if he's single and going to live nearby and goes over to his parents place often, he shouldn't waste the money to get his own place. If he is planning to buy his own place as an investment, then it makes perfect sense. But spending money on rent unnecessarily, I personally wouldn't do it.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, waving feather said:

Isn't that every parent though? It's just that his mother has been so vocal about it on national television. That's the problem. But every parent would want their child to choose someone they approve of. I still believe that if he's single and going to live nearby and goes over to his parents place often, he shouldn't waste the money to get his own place. If he is planning to buy his own place as an investment, then it makes perfect sense. But spending money on rent unnecessarily, I personally wouldn't do it.

Every parent may want their child to make a wise decision but I certainly wouldn’t make a big deal about whether my son picked someone that wasn’t exactly my cup of tea.  It’s his life.  And having an apartment of your own, even if it is in the same area, makes a big difference i think.  Someone his age should wake up with privacy amd should be able to wake up next to whoever he wants to wake up next to without his parents knowing.  You can’t do that if you live with your parents unless you live in Windsor Palace.

• Love 10
On 3/24/2020 at 5:53 AM, waving feather said:

The point is to grow up and be an adult. Are you saying all single people should still live with their parents? They should learn how to make their own meals, do their own laundry, pay their own bills. Have space of their own. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Are you saying all single people should still live with their parents? They should learn how to make their own meals, do their own laundry, pay their own bills. Have space of their own. 

No, I am not saying ALL singles should still live with their parents. What I am saying is it all depends on the individual circumstances and choices. I am not going to judge someone just because they are living with their parents. And does it automatically mean they are not doing chores, contributing to the household or paying bills? Where is the correlation? It's just such a big assumption. There are immature people everywhere who may or may not live alone.

• Love 6

Adults can still live at home with their parents, have reasonable boundaries with respect to their love lives and not recoil from making tough personal decisions. However, it doesn't seem to have happened with Peter, and IMO little will change if he continues to live at home. Still, he should only move out because he wants to or because his parents say, "Enough!" (that'll happen) and not because of peer pressure.

Barb being chummy with Kelley at AFTR makes sense now...

A lot of very unimpressive behavior from Bachelor Nation in the wake of a pandemic...

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Adults can still live at home with their parents, have reasonable boundaries with respect to their love lives and not recoil from making tough personal decisions. However, it doesn't seem to have happened with Peter, and IMO little will change if he continues to live at home. Still, he should only move out because he wants to or because his parents say, "Enough!" (that'll happen) and not because of peer pressure.

A lot of very unimpressive behavior from Bachelor Nation in the wake of a pandemic...

OMG - what a series of wrong choices by Kelley:

1. Rolling her eyes during The Bachelor - which I interpreted a couple of times of rolling her eyes at Peter and his need for drama - meaning - I thought she realized he liked the drama and she was over that.

2. not social distancing

3. Being seen with Peter

4. Not social distancing from Peter 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Dejana said:

F them.  I live in Chicago and we are shelter in place for a reason.  I haven’t had human contact besides my husband since I buried my sister 8 days ago.*  Not even my family. He f’n flew here, got to her house, and is now cavorting outside with them both.  Selfish, selfish, selfish people.  All three of them.

* I wrote about it in the Teen Mom 2 section.  Too raw to write about it again.  Not being a pity party or trying to gain sympathy but I get really angry at these people who flaunt the rules.  True sacrifices were and are being made.  Visiting your new lay is not one of those. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, LBS said:

F them.  I live in Chicago and we are shelter in place for a reason.  I haven’t had human contact besides my husband since I buried my sister 8 days ago.*  Not even my family. He f’n flew here, got to her house, and is now cavorting outside with them both.  Selfish, selfish, selfish people.  All three of them.

* I wrote about it in the Teen Mom 2 section.  Too raw to write about it again.  Not being a pity party or trying to gain sympathy but I get really angry at these people who flaunt the rules.  True sacrifices were and are being made.  Visiting your new lay is not one of those. 

I am so so sorry about the loss of your sister and mot being able to mourn together- that’s awful.

One of my best friends mother passed away a week ago and the funeral was cancelled. 

My brother passed away unexpectedly in September and I couldn’t imagine not being there and not being there with others.

• Love 1

So sorry for your loss LBS.

And yes just a horrible look for Peter & Kelly and their third wheel Dustin.  What is wrong with them?  Did Peter decide that since Hannah B & Tyler were getting all the love on Instagram (who are another group that doesn't understand social distancing) that he'd make sure he's seen with Kelly!?!   Just sooo stupid on so many levels, all of them.   but it won't hurt them where it counts: Instagram followers.  

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

@LBS and @Stats Queen, virtual hugs to both of you for your terrible losses! 

Also, no words for the stupidity of Peter and Kelley (and Hannah B. and Tyler, and the respective hangers-on)!

Virtual hugs to all of you - people here are amazing and help me stay connected 🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Love 6

More revelations from Colton's upcoming book:

“To put it very frank, after the show, we realized we weren’t communicating as well as we once did,” says Underwood, 28. “Nobody was forcing us to talk about real things going on, so we let a lot of things build up.”

Ultimately, “in a weird way, I kind of broke up with myself,” says Underwood. “I was like, I feel like we need to figure this out and in order to do that, we need space. She agreed. So it was a mutual thing.”

But within two days, “it was like, ‘I miss you!’ ” he says. “It was a very real and very emotional breakup, but it was also very good to be real and emotional because it forced us to have conversations and move on. Now, we know the flags to look for. When issues start to creep up, it’s like, let’s go have a conversation. We’re trying to be more transparent and honest and really trust each other.”

I've read a couple of these Bachelor books before, got them from the library, and they were entertaining enough for what they were. What I remember most from Andi and Courtney Robertson's memoirs were the Fantasy Suite revelations, and obviously Colton won't be able to deliver on that front...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Dejana said:

More revelations from Colton's upcoming book:

I've read a couple of these Bachelor books before, got them from the library, and they were entertaining enough for what they were. What I remember most from Andi and Courtney Robertson's memoirs were the Fantasy Suite revelations, and obviously Colton won't be able to deliver on that front...

Yikes, I might go stir crazy enough to read thesev🙀

• LOL 3

LBS, I am so sorry that you lost your sister.

Stats Queen, I am so sorry that you too lost a sibling, your brother in September.

Wishing you both find comfort in knowing we here care, and share your sadness in your loss

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LBS said:

Sorry for your loss.  

I agree about the shelter in place.  The mayor is pissed about all these people ignoring the order and said they are going to start ticketing offenders.  This is serious, and they are not cute ignoring it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Dejana said:

Jerks. Here in WA, we're seeing the spikes in cases (though not like NY or New Orleans), and are happily staying home. Luckily, I can WFH and my SO is taking time off to do so as well, because he works retail and is afraid of bringing the virus home. I also sympathize for those who are suffering because of loss of income and benefits.

As much as I hate it, the Bachelor alums have influence over a lot of people. Staying home and posting about it might get others to think twice about going out.

Unless they somehow got there without being around others, and they are self isolating together, I don't know.

UGH.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 4

Im sorry for your loss :(.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, waving feather said:

No, I am not saying ALL singles should still live with their parents. What I am saying is it all depends on the individual circumstances and choices. I am not going to judge someone just because they are living with their parents. And does it automatically mean they are not doing chores, contributing to the household or paying bills? Where is the correlation? It's just such a big assumption. There are immature people everywhere who may or may not live alone.

I dont know if I will ever see again on my TV a woman who disapproves of a woman who doesnt want casual sex. still makes me chuckle:)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2020 at 9:19 PM, b2H said:

All this about Peter and very little about Madison???  I guess she is persona non grata now??

Madi has reached over a million followers on TikTok, which, is apparently, really difficult to do. I think she's being smarter about her online presence. Hannah Ann has been doing a LOT of interviews and video chatting with Nick Viall. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

This is terrible! I remember Michelle would call her daughter for "advice" when she was on BIP, and while that was obviously a producer setup, the daughter sounded very bright and mature for her age and it was obvious they had a strong bond. I really hope she pulls through.

• Love 3

The LA Times interviewed Colton (via Skype) about his book (he's still quarantined but feeling better). It's a subscription site with limited free articles, but the writer tweeted some of the more interesting takeaways...

Once TPTB gave up on the televi$ed wedding specials, they lost that carrot to dangle in front of the couples that actually stayed together. Also, it's easier than ever to believe Pilot Pete was probably their guy all along out of Hannah's season (as opposed to Tyler or Mike), because he is so easily led...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ynicknan said:

Who knew that out of everyone we’d get the juiciest info from COLTON? I underestimated him. 

And right about a year after his season finished airing, i.e. whatever contract he had with ABC expired. He's not wasting any time.

• Love 4
On 3/30/2020 at 10:50 AM, valen said:

Madi has reached over a million followers on TikTok, which, is apparently, really difficult to do. I think she's being smarter about her online presence. Hannah Ann has been doing a LOT of interviews and video chatting with Nick Viall. 

I'll bet Hannah Ann wishes she was the one Peter's mother decided to criticize on ATFR. Madison had a short cut to becoming Bachelor Nation's poor little darling.

He said that after his season he found out about things producers did to keep him and @CassieRandolph apart that "crossed the line."

I always thought something was fishy with Cassie leaving, then still being there.

• Love 2
On 3/25/2020 at 7:55 PM, Dejana said:

I've read a couple of these Bachelor books before, got them from the library, and they were entertaining enough for what they were. What I remember most from Andi and Courtney Robertson's memoirs were the Fantasy Suite revelations,

Oh do tell!

(edited)
5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Oh do tell!

Courtney Robertson Reveals Secrets About 'The Bachelor' And The Fantasy Suite In New Book.  

60 Times I Laughed And/Or Gasped In Horror While Reading The "Bachelor" Book. That's a more general overview of Courtney's book, and gives you a real sense of her personality, such as it is. She also dated non-reality TV celebs and said Arie was the best sex she'd ever had (they hooked up after she split with Ben F).

17 'Bachelor' & 'Bachelorette' Secrets From Andi Dorfman's Book That Prove She Knows The Definition Of A Tell-All. Andi released at least one more book, but this article is about It's Not Okay, the first one.

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Thanks Dejana!  I just read the second link and it reminded me of what a fun season Ben Flapjack's was!  So many angry women! Courtney being both awful and funny.  Do you suppose  Peter knew Courtney and Ben did it three times in the Fantasy Suite?  Was he trying to break their record?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dejana said:

Courtney Robertson Reveals Secrets About 'The Bachelor And The Fantasy Suite In New Book.  

60 Times I Laughed And/Or Gasped In Horror While Reading The "Bachelor" Book. That's a more general overview of Courtney's book, and gives you a real sense of her personality, such as it is. She also dated non-reality TV celebs and said Arie was the best sex she'd ever had (they hooked up after she split with Ben F).

17 'Bachelor' & 'Bachelorette' Secrets From Andi Dorfman's Book That Prove She Knows The Definition Of A Tell-All. Andi released at least one more book, but this article is about It's Not Okay, the first one.

I read Courtney's book when it first came out, but I forgot just how deliciously trashy it was. Never change, Courtney!

I also started reading Andi's book but gave up a few pages in because I couldn't stand her pretentious writing style. So Nick's question "why did you make love to me if you didn't love me" on the ATFR was a callback to their fantasy suite conversation and not completely out of the blue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Thanks Dejana!  I just read the second link and it reminded me of what a fun season Ben Flapjack's was!  So many angry women! Courtney being both awful and funny.  Do you suppose  Peter knew Courtney and Ben did it three times in the Fantasy Suite?  Was he trying to break their record?

Ha, I've read Peter is a longtime Bachelor fanboy, the type who would probably want to set some sort of franchise "record". OTOH, he seems to be really into sex. It was Hannah B who announced to the world how many times they'd done it; on his own, I don't know if he ever would have said anything.

3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I read Courtney's book when it first came out, but I forgot just how deliciously trashy it was. Never change, Courtney!

I also started reading Andi's book but gave up a few pages in because I couldn't stand her pretentious writing style. So Nick's question "why did you make love to me if you didn't love me" on the ATFR was a callback to their fantasy suite conversation and not completely out of the blue.

Right? Courtney's book was just so salacious but also captured her mean-spirited side, and that it wasn't entirely an act for the cameras or "editing". That Chris Brown line was just awful, and she wanted to do a "cowboys and Indians" costume with Ben, but he didn't like the idea. Like the Buzzfeed writer said, don't make me agree with Ben Flapjack on things! 

Andi came off as smirky and overly impressed with herself throughout, but I was reading it for free and she did dish the dirt. Still, once was enough and I didn't even look at her second book.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

A chilling Instagram video of Michelle Money. The guilt of not insisting her daughter wear a helmet...

So, did the mother send her daughter off with a helmet and she chose not to wear it, against her mother’s direction?