Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Bastet said:

they could air the horror movie spoof for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it. 

Last year, I think Geico ran that horror movie spoof about 80,000 times and I never once got tired of seeing it.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

Yay - it's that time of year, and the Halloween-themed Geico commercials are back in rotation.  I don't care for the Casper one, but I like the one with the creepy attic, and they could air the horror movie spoof for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it. 

"Why can't we just get in the running car?" is all it needs to be great, but then the killer's eye roll makes it art.  And they still top it off with, "Head for the cemetery!"  It's perfect.

I was coming to say that I saw that commercial for the first time this year last night during Monday Night Football!

It also came on as I'm typing this. LOL

• Love 3
On ‎09‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 4:24 PM, elle said:

Patrick Stewart and Mark Hamill go head-to-head in food delivery commercial

Just saw the first one with the tomato/tamato baseball vs. cricket bat stand off.   I was thinking I could watch a series with these two and happily found out there are more commercials according to the article.  Don’t plan to use the product but many thanks to them for bringing these greats together!

OMG, that was hilarious!

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, CoderLady said:

I love their choice of weapons.

I like that too but it doesn't pay to think too much about it. Baseball bats are American sports equipment and cricket bats are the same for England. The only problem is that  Luke is from Tatooine and Jean Luc is from France.

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I like that too but it doesn't pay to think too much about it. Baseball bats are American sports equipment and cricket bats are the same for England. The only problem is that  Luke is from Tatooine and Jean Luc is from France.

True. But since Patrick Stewart refers to his opponent by his real name at the end, we're definitely in the here and now and should be.

It's entertaining, but still doesn't make me want to order food in if I have the excuse to get out of the house even just for a few minutes to pick it up.

• Love 2

Hello -- I have a question.  Many years ago 70s/80s I saw a commercial shot during an incredibly hot summer day.. everyone is enjoying the heat and summer activities while one lonely farmer walks around glum because his crops are thirsty.  Suddenly it starts to rain and everyone runs off... the farmer starts kicking up his heels.  The drought is over.  Does anyone remember this commercial?  What was it for?  Can you help me find it?  Thank you!!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Isn't Stewart Canadian? Shouldn't he be wielding a curling broom?

I think that you may be mixing up your captains, Shatner is Canadian.

22 hours ago, Maverick said:

And is most famous for playing a very French Frenchman....with a very British accent.  

An accent which his brother didn’t have.

Edited by elle
  • Love 6
On 9/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, elle said:

Just saw the first one with the tomato/tamato baseball vs. cricket bat stand off.   I was thinking I could watch a series with these two and happily found out there are more commercials according to the article.  Don’t plan to use the product but many thanks to them for bringing these greats together!

Loving this one.  

I AM my daddy.  Wait, what? 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Thanks for the clarification. NOW can we see one with Shatner/curling broom?

Oh the possibilities!  He could be called in to back up Stewart (not that he needs back up) and get Ewan McGregor or Daisy Ridley to backup Hamill, keeping with the different franchise theme.

Or Shatner and Stewart face off with the addition of Avery Brooks for a three way stand off (Sisko of DS9 who was a big baseball fan).

Now that I think about Shatner could also have a hockey stick..

• Love 4
On 9/29/2020 at 11:07 PM, Maverick said:

And is most famous for playing a very French Frenchman....with a very British accent.  

It’s because of Capt. Jean-Luc that I got into Earl Grey (not always hot, though - also great iced with milk, so much better than iced chai lattes)

I loved Patrick Stewart’s line at the end of the commercial:

’What does that even MEAN????!!’

• Love 8
On 9/30/2020 at 10:11 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

Thanks for the clarification. NOW can we see one with Shatner/curling broom?

I’m quoting you again because I wanted to let you that you made my daughter’s day and mine too.  She was having a bad couple of days, we were watching something when the commercial came on.  I told her about your comments.  She started laughing at the idea of Shatner sliding in (like they do in curling) with his broom.

It was just what she needed.  :0D

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Has anyone seen the Horseless Headsman?  It's not Halloween without it.

There is a Snickers commercial with two little boys, one standing of the other's shoulders, wearing a long trenchcoat who accost a woman in a super market that's really kind of creepy. They don't show it very often.

Edited by peacheslatour
On 10/5/2020 at 3:57 AM, Haleth said:

Has anyone seen the Horseless Headsman?  It's not Halloween without it.

I love that commercial!  Favorite of the season when there is not much I like about tv this time of year.

• Love 4
On 10/3/2020 at 9:58 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

They've started showing the Geico Halloween commercials, the haunted attic, the haunted house / serial killer one.    

I absolutely love the serial killer one.  The axe murderer turns around to see them hiding behind the knives (actually in front of them) and I truly believe that he has deemed them too stupid to kill so he's just not going to bother.

"Why don't we get in the running car?"

"ARe you crazy?"

Although to be fair i could see how that could be a trap.  Why would there just be a running car there.  But, it still cracks me up every time. Best Commercial Ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

I wouldn't necessarily call it one of my favorites, but I don't hate the Liberty Mutual one where the guy is dressed as a cell phone, gets splashed, and jumps in a bag of rice.  It's less bad than so many of their other ones.

• Love 11

I just saw the 3rd Mark Hamill-Patrick Stewart Uber Eats commercial that starts with *Sir* Patrick telling us he'll be having chicken tikka masala with garlic naan (yummmmmm), except instead of that, he said steak frites from a local (to me) French bistro.  Did they do a bunch of these with local places edited in?  I thought it was kinda cool.

• Love 3
On 10/9/2020 at 2:12 PM, Browncoat said:

I wouldn't necessarily call it one of my favorites, but I don't hate the Liberty Mutual one where the guy is dressed as a cell phone, gets splashed, and jumps in a bag of rice.  It's less bad than so many of their other ones.

I laughed at the beach volleyball one where Emu tries to hatch the volleyball. Do Daddy Emus also sit on eggs? Or is Emu a lady?

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I laughed at the beach volleyball one where Emu tries to hatch the volleyball. Do Daddy Emus also sit on eggs? Or is Emu a lady?

I hadn't seen that one -- much less bad than the one with the emu sticking its head in the sand (which is stupid).  But I do believe the males incubate the eggs, which are large-ish (not volleyball-sized!) and a really pretty green.  

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Most clutches have about 8 to10 eggs but can go as high as 20. After about seven eggs the male gets 'broody' and sits on them for the entire incubation period. It takes eight weeks (56 days) to hatch an emu chick!

• Useful 7
19 hours ago, ebk57 said:

I just saw the 3rd Mark Hamill-Patrick Stewart Uber Eats commercial that starts with *Sir* Patrick telling us he'll be having chicken tikka masala with garlic naan (yummmmmm), except instead of that, he said steak frites from a local (to me) French bistro.  Did they do a bunch of these with local places edited in?  I thought it was kinda cool.

I know - quoting yourself will cause blindness...  

I just saw the one where Mark Hamill starts by telling us whatever he's going to eat, and this one also used a local Asian restaurant.  I'm curious as to whether Uber Eats is doing this all over the country, and whether the local restaurants have to pony up cash for it.  It won't make me ever use Uber Eats, but I like the concept. And it helps that the actors are so damn charming. 

• Love 5
On 9/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, elle said:

I really don't like this ad.

Not because of the concept, but because UberEats, Grubhub and Doordash are like the Borg and the Empire. All of them seek to expand their reach by any means necessary. They leach off the labor of their delivery people and work hard to screw over the restaurants they claim to serve with extraordinarily high fees.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

I really don't like this ad.

Not because of the concept, but because UberEats, Grubhub and Doordash are like the Borg and the Empire. All of them seek to expand their reach by any means necessary. They leach off the labor of their delivery people and work hard to screw over the restaurants they claim to serve with extraordinarily high fees.

Same.  Well, I don't know what the borg and the empire truly mean as I've never seen either movie/show, but these third party delivery services are bad for the drivers they employ (yet get to treat as contractors, not employees) and the restaurants/stores they claim to serve, so I don't care who they get for the commercials, I am not going to applaud.

But obviously my lack of familiarity with sci-fi was a stumbling block to begin with; even if this was for a company I didn't hate, I would have had a big "meh" reaction to the commercial.  Patrick Stewart has an appealing presence, so that's always nice, but the overall thing is just lost on me.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

But obviously my lack of familiarity with sci-fi was a stumbling block to begin with; even if this was for a company I didn't hate, I would have had a big "meh" reaction to the commercial.  Patrick Stewart has an appealing presence, so that's always nice, but the overall thing is just lost on me.

I'm like that with sports figures.

• Love 7

So we all know the Progressive commercials about not turning into your parents?  At the grocery store today I passed an older lady using speakerphone, telling someone at the other end she was having a salad for dinner. I burst out laughing.  

• LOL 21
  • Love 3

I saw a Hamill/Stewart commercial today that did, indeed, mention a local restaurant...Tin Lizzie's in Dunwoody (formerly a suburb, now its own city north of Atlanta.)  I just saw another that didn't mention a restaurant. I wonder how many of those they made.

• Love 3
On 10/16/2020 at 7:34 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

I saw a Hamill/Stewart commercial today that did, indeed, mention a local restaurant...Tin Lizzie's in Dunwoody (formerly a suburb, now its own city north of Atlanta.)  I just saw another that didn't mention a restaurant. I wonder how many of those they made.

I've seen two of the ads and neither mentioned where the food was coming from.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Maizie131 said:

I don’t know how to cut and paste a commercial that I just saw, but if you type in “Eargo Hearing Aid commercial,” I think you’ll like it!  LOL!!!!

You just paste in the YouTube link and it will automatically embed.  Are you talking about this "did you bring condoms" one that has been previously discussed, or do they have a new one?  (I couldn't find another one, but it could be on TV but not yet posted to YouTube.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

You just paste in the YouTube link and it will automatically embed.  Are you talking about this "did you bring condoms" one that has been previously discussed, or do they have a new one?  (I couldn't find another one, but it could be on TV but not yet posted to YouTube.)

Bastet — yep, that’s the one.  I’m on this forum fairly regularly, I don’t know how I missed it! Thanks for posting the commercial again. 😊

• Love 4

I continue to love the commercials with the "new" Jake from State Farm. The camper who whittles a Jake figurine, the butcher who is insistent on giving him about 20 pounds of meat, and now the Halloween one in which a couple is complimenting him on his Jake from State Farm costume and when he says he is JFSF, are awed at his commitment to the costume. LOL. It seems that there's a new spa one as well, but I haven't seen it often enough to recall it sufficiently.

• Love 5

In the spa one, she wants to give him free spa treatments for her special deal. If you watch football, we have a slew of football stars saying what a special deal Jake got them.

He is so laid back. He comes across as a nice guy. The pizza one always makes me laugh. "You're the man, man".

• Love 9